Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #1321
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh T that was good that you got some rest, so the sweet potato from Wendy's is OK? There new berry salad looks good on TV with strawberries, blueberries and almonds and chicken, I dont like to get fast food but in dire times nice to know there is something healthy out there!

I wrote a whole review in my journal about the workout, it was crazy I loved it!!! LOL I think I am going to focus on that, seems like it might get the weight moving if I do it 3-4 times a week.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #1322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
You crack me up, T! I read each and every post and wish that I had the drive and discipline to write as well. After all, I do have a degree in English with a writing concentration!!! I really love sweet potatoes and miss them - need to research the benefits vs. carbs/calories.

Have a great day!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #1323

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
You crack me up, T! I read each and every post and wish that I had the drive and discipline to write as well. After all, I do have a degree in English with a writing concentration!!! I really love sweet potatoes and miss them - need to research the benefits vs. carbs/calories.

Have a great day!
Bronwyn, whatchumean? Drive or discipline to write? Just write already. C'mon. Give it up.

As for the sweet potato, yes, love em too, and they're so good for you. They're a beloved superfood on my regular menus (on carb days).

Per ounce: 25 cals, 0 fat, 6 carbs, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. So for a 4 oz s/p, you are only out 100 cals, and you get 4 grams of fiber. Their health benefits make them worthwhile. I always feel so BALANCED when I add 4 oz s/p to my meals.

Health Benefits

Sweet potatoes are excellent sources of plant proteins with very low calories. Unlike other starchy root vegetables, it is very low in sugar, and in fact is a good blood sugar regulator.

As an anti-oxidant: Sweet potatoes have been found to contain a high amount of anti-oxidant, making it suitable in combating inflammatory problems like asthma, arthritis, gout, etc.

Diabetes: This fibrous root is suitable for diabetics' consumption as it is a very good blood sugar regulator, helps to stabilize and lower insulin resistance.

Digestive tract, healthy: The significant amount of dietary fiber, especially when eaten with the skin, helps to promote a healthy digestive tract, relieving constipationand also helps prevent colon cancer.

Emphysema: Smokers and people who inhale second-hand smoke should regularly consume foods high in vitamin A as smoke has been found to induce vitamin A deficiency, causing a host of other health problems to the lungs.

Fetal Development: The high folate content is important and necessary for healthy fetal cell and tissue development.

Immune System: Regular consumption of sweet potatoes strengthens the body's immune system and develop resistance to infection.

Heart diseases: Consumption of this high potassium root helps to prevent heart attack and stroke. It helps maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the body cells, as well as normal heart function and blood pressure.

Muscle Cramps: A deficiency in potassium can cause muscular cramps and greater susceptibility to injury. Make sweet potatoes a regular part of your diet if you exercise a lot, both for an energy boost and to prevent cramps and injuries.

Stress:When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, causing the body potassium levels to be reduced. By snacking on the potassium-packed sweet potato, it helps to rebalance the vital mineral, and helps normalize the heartbeat. This in turn sends oxygen to the brain and regulates the body's water balance.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #1324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Oh T that was good that you got some rest, so the sweet potato from Wendy's is OK? There new berry salad looks good on TV with strawberries, blueberries and almonds and chicken, I dont like to get fast food but in dire times nice to know there is something healthy out there!

I wrote a whole review in my journal about the workout, it was crazy I loved it!!! LOL I think I am going to focus on that, seems like it might get the weight moving if I do it 3-4 times a week.
I wanna try that salad too! Looks yummy!

Sweet potatoes are good for us! Wendy's, who knows, maybe they add stuff to theirs (oil or salt), but I get mine plain when I order them. They're huge. Bigger than I normally eat, but I was hungry and I ate ALL OF IT.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #1325

T- are you in Marco Island now? I thought you were away this week? Sweet potatos are yummy, we slice them thick and rub them in olive oil and this moroccan spice and grill, yum,the kids beg for them, I love them anyways I always prefer SP, I was never a big white potato fan, like baked, mashed, no trouble giving that up.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #1326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWYLA!!!!!

Hope you have a great one and a great vacation!!!!!

kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #1327

T- are you back yet?????
Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #1328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #1329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was fabulous!!
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #1330

OMG...WHERE WAS I? AND WHEN?

Hanging head in shame....Been a long time since I've posted. Lots going on in life and little or no down time, esp post vacay.

Thank you all SO VERY MUCH for my birthday wishes. It was a wonderful day indeed!

I'm headed out again in minutes. May not post for a bit until I can catch up with life. If anyone needs me (hah!), you can always reach me at

javadiva75@hotmail.com

Hope everyone is well.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #1331

Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #1332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/189/145 5'3 3/4"
I haven't been around a lot and just came back to read.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations on your competition! Your hard work is evident! What an incredible accomplishment to set a goal and then achieve it! You are a success!!!!
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #1333

Location: Transplanted to NC...but my hearts in Hampton, VA....
Gallery: heidi21062
Stats: 196/192/110 - 5'2"
WOE: Atkins..no WW's...wait a minute....what day is it?
Start Date: Started 07/15/12
You are my hero!
heidi21062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #1334

hey T, hope all is well with you!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #1335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How are you T?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #1336

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
How are you T?
Hey, girl. How are YOU?

I'm good. Not on LCF as much these days. I mostly blog on Blogger (learningtoexhalewitht) when I'm in the mood to "journal, " if you will. It's a good fit for me, it seems, blogging. Being an introspective type personality, it just works.

I hope you have been well and are staying focused on your game plan. Wanna hear all about it, k?

I'll need to log on now and then and hunt you down, keep you honest and on the straight and narrow. How's THAT?

I'm headed for a cardio workout as soon as I get dinner prepared. Gym tomorrow and Friday. It's been a LC stretch since Sunday for me. I'll add a few carbs in the next couple of days for a shakeup.

Hope you've had a great week so far.

I hope you are well.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #1337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tried to find your blog - sorry culdn't find it. I've started back at the gym and trying new "whole body" workouts, I feel better and trying to keep it lc.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
Tried to find your blog - sorry culdn't find it. I've started back at the gym and trying new "whole body" workouts, I feel better and trying to keep it lc.
Gotcha covered.

Glad to hear you're back at the gym. That will pay off in more ways than one over time. Atta girl!

It's worth just FEELING BETTER, even if we weren't trying to lose weight and tone up. Exercise and strength training is a natural high.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #1339

Hi T, hope you are doing well!! I got a new trainer he is making a big difference in me, I wish I was losing more weight but my arms are really changing, my trainer moved to KY to be with her new man, so I had to scramble to find someone new, the vacations this summer killed me I gained 20 pounds and they are not budging, but I am firming up!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #1340

Quote:
Hi T, hope you are doing well!! I got a new trainer he is making a big difference in me, I wish I was losing more weight but my arms are really changing, my trainer moved to KY to be with her new man, so I had to scramble to find someone new, the vacations this summer killed me I gained 20 pounds and they are not budging, but I am firming up!
(WHAT is going on? Had to log in four (4) times to be able to reply to this post just now.)

Amber, I'm good. Busy, busy time for me right now -- football season and training/studying for my realtime exam for November 3rd, plus just life.

I know what you mean about the creeping of unwanted pounds. It's an ever-vigilant process. We can never become too smug about our weight loss or weight maintenance. That's why "dieting" is a misnomer. It isn't a diet at all. It's the healthy way to eat to control and/or lose weight.

Vacations and special events are nice, but I've found that you really do have to pick and choose at times. I've learned to allow myself a few indulgences over the week that I'm on vacation, not just anything/everything that I want. It seems like a bummer, but it's more of a bummer to me to have to fight twice as hard to get the weight that I gain BACK OFF when I return.

As for the weight not seeming to budge, if you're working out and building muscle, you DO KNOW that that scale isn't gonna budge much. But yes, the firming, the tightening, that is what keeps us comin' back for more, staying on track, and staying encouraged. You KNOW good things are happening to your body, so leave those numbers alone for now. Be honest with yourself about your cal/carb intake and make good choices 90% of the time, and everything will come together in the end.

Glad you've found a new trainer/coach. It's great to have someone to help us along and pick us up when we fall. Best to you, girl!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #1341

T- you are exactly right, it is funny we were talking about that last night, I said 3 weeks of vacations and I am still fighting the pounds good grief! Next year it will be different!!!

I am sure you are busy as ever good luck on your exam I am sure you will do great!

I started making jewelry again, we listen to your chill out music it has been nice to get back to my hobby, I am trying to find moderation in all things!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #1342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
You are missed T xx
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #1343

Quote:

I started making jewelry again, we listen to your chill out music it has been nice to get back to my hobby, I am trying to find moderation in all things!
Good for you! I think of you every time I wear my leaf necklace.

Happy to know my chill music is a source of relaxation for you now and then. Music can definitely soothe the soul.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #1344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
You are missed T xx

"T"
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #1345

Hi T!!! Hope all is well in your world!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #1346

I couldn't post on Thanksgiving without including MUSIC, of course.
I chose this piece for its contemplative effect as I reflect on my blessings. With its ebb and tide of complexity,
this music evokes reverence and joy and peacefulness and thankfulness.
I discovered this artist recently and her music is nothing short of mesmerizing.

Happy Thanksgiving to All...

How Can I Say Thanks

• My family and all that they represent in my life, past and present. I cherish each and every one of them unconditionally.
• Friends – one of the greatest gifts that life has to offer. Friends fill a part of your heart that no one else can.
• The ability to love - Love is a beautiful emotion and something we should be grateful for every single day. Your ability to love is what makes you grow as a person. Love can teach us deep lessons we would never learn any other way. It can teach us about ourselves and about others. It is an amazing feeling, and it is unmatched through anything else. It can lead to pain, or heartache, but it is worth every second to have experienced it at all. Love freely and deeply, for being able to love is what makes life worth living.
• The ability to learn - Your ability to learn –Knowledge is a never-ending quest, and is a key player is a happy and fulfilled life. Never take the ability to learn for granted, considering that some people struggle with even the simplest things. Relish in the knowledge of others and teach yourself as much as you can. You can never know too much, the more you open your mind to learn, the greater an experience life will become.
• Our body – The human body is an amazing and interesting thing. It moves us, heals us, takes us places we want to go. Be grateful for your body and treat it with the respect it deserves. Fuel it with proper nutrition and care for it accordingly. Be gentle with it, and challenge it. Use it to the best of your ability, and most of all enjoy it no matter its shape or size. It is a great gift.
• Children – They teach us so much about living. You need only watch a child’s free-spirit for a moment to see the pure joy they hold inside. Children living in the moment, without much regard for what has happened in the past. They love openly, without restriction, and they take pleasure in every thing they do. If you have children of your own, enjoy them every chance you get because they grow for too quickly and before you know it that time is gone. If you do not have children find ways to enjoy others, or embrace the values that they live by and find a way to incorporate them into your life. You will be amazed by how much you can learn from a child if you are willing.
• Good health
• My home
• Faith in God
• Freedom
• My job
• Disappointments - So that I can learn what matters most and enjoy success that much more.
• Happiness – The state of mind – not people, places or things. Happiness is a choice.
• Joy - Joy is deeper than happiness. At it's foundation, it is the security that Christ holds fast and gives peace, hope and
comfort--even in the midst of hardship. Joy is rooted in the certainty that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, and He is in control, no matter what we endure. Joy comes from being connected to him. It comes from a deep trust, an inner "knowing" that He is in control and that he is good. No matter what.
• Mistakes - Without our mistakes we would learn no lessons,
• Kindness of strangers - The kindness of strangers can be a magical thing. Look around you and observe all the wonderful things that people do for each other every day. These kind acts may not always be easy to spot, but they are there, and they are making a difference. When it happens to you, you will know it, and when you do it for someone else it may change their life. Always be aware of those around you, and be thankful for their kindness even when you can’t see it with your eyes.
• Challenges - A good challenge makes us strong, teaches us about ourselves, and pushes us to our limits. Challenge is what makes us grow and what moves us forward in life. Be thankful for the challenges you face because they make life more interesting, and they push you in the direction you need to go.
• Our pets - Animals provide us with unconditional love, trust and companionship. Wild animals not only give us food, but also teach us about life and they cycle it takes. They show us strength, and give us all we need to survive.
• Music – Music soothes the soul and is an extraordinary pleasure. It can enhance a mood, or change an emotion. It invokes memories, and creates new ones. It is a gift I am thankful for regularly.
• Laughter – It truly is the best medicine, and something that should be exercised often. Be thankful you have reasons to laugh, people to laugh with, and the ability to do it at all.
• Food –As you sit down for your next meal be thankful for every bite, and remember that there are so many people who have nothing at all to eat.
• Dreams and goals - Dreams and goals drive us, and knowing they are a possibility is a true bonus. Dream big, set high standards and work to achieve all of your goals. They only thing that is stopping us from accomplishing anything is ourselves.
• Talents – They are God-given. They are not products of our own doing. Give God the glory for your talents, whatever they are, utilize them, and be thankful for them.
• Strengths – to use in order to help ourselves and others
• Weaknesses – Because no one can be good at everything, and because they challenge us to work harder, or urge us to ask others for help. They can lift us higher if used in the right way.
• God’s creation and the world around me – One look around hastens immediate praise and adoration of our Creator. The earth and its raw beauty is an amazing thing, nature offering healing powers like no other.
• Parents – Parents are cherished because without them I would not exist. Parents give love and nurture throughout our lives unconditionally and teach us life lessons of enduring legacies, leaving meaningful and lasting impact on our lives.
• Second chances – the Gift of forgiveness.
• Sunrises and sunsets - The beauty of the sun, the warmth it brings, and the beginnings and the ends that it represents.
• The small things in life – Flowers, fall leaves, the first snow, giggles, friends, warmth of a fire on a cool evening, hugs, recalling fond memories.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 11-21-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #1347

WOW T what a beautiful post!!!! I hope you had a great holiday I know you always love this time of year, need to print that when I need a reminder of what all I am grateful for!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #1348

YouTube

Itís been about a month since I posted in this journal. Figured it was time for an update.

My passion for fitness lives on as I try to eat clean throughout the week, allowing myself a cheat day/meal on weekends, usually Fridays, since that is when I like to enjoy a glass or two of wine. I would rather sacrifice carbs for wine, frankly. Hmmm. Yep. Letís just be frank!

My sons are all home for Christmas under one roof, and itís been nice watching them interact with each other as theyíve grown and matured. Iíve been going to the gym on average three days a week, and almost always my youngest son goes along with me. He tries to go four days a week, in addition to his training/conditioning with his trainer on Sunday evenings. Heís grown into quite the athlete, and is already 5í9 Ė leaving me the shortest in the family. Imagine THAT. He is thrilled that heís gained some weight, now at 165. I just commented to him this morning as he was eating breakfast before school that I noticed a big difference in the size of his back. Heís always had really muscular legs, and his efforts are paying off there as well. (We fight over who gets to use the shake blender first when we get home from the gym.) Now that Gavin is home from college (middle son), we all three are spending time at the gym. My gym owners bought a new facility, and itís now at least three times the size it was before, maybe larger. More weights, more weight machines, more cardio areas, a track, a special area designated for youth/athletes for their plyo conditioning, etc. A huge area for Zumba and aerobics. A spinning class. A movie/cardio room, complete with huge screens to watch movies while you do cardio, painted black, a cool ďtheaterĒ feel to it. A kitchen/snack bar area. A nursery. The list goes on. Itís AWESOME. If there is any spare time left in my day, I would rather be spending it there than anywhere else I can think of. Iím absolutely certain that I could exist quite happily without a TV in my house. It pretty much serves no purpose, esp since I can get weather and news on my cell phone any time of the day or night.

(Loving my new iphone by the way)

Iíll be taking Friday off this week to finish up some errands and Christmas prep. I have not done any baking or cooking, and I doubt Iíll be doing as much as I have in years past, esp since at least three of us in the family are trying to eat healthy and work out, etc. Weíve agreed that weíll indulge on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and then weíll be back to VLC and busting butt for the week following, until we splurge again on New Yearís. Gavin has actually asked me to make several LC recipes for Christmas dinner. Sounds like a plan to me. Most of them came from LCF Recipe Room. I may have to visit there again and add to my menu options. Just this week we feasted on Nacho Soup. YUM.

I stopped by Drug Emporium yesterday on my way home from work to pick up an item, and while there visited their wine aisle Ė THRILLED to discover that their Ergo Rioja, my favorite, was on sale for $11.90 a bottle through Dec 29! Suh-weet. Itís $15 per bottle at my local grocery store. And if you buy 6, you get an additional 10% discount. Oh, yeah, no problem. Oh, and why not throw in a new Pinot Noir to try while Iím at it. And a lovely pine garland Iíd had my eye on for weeks, with tiny little pinecones and varying shades of pine that makes it look so authentic Ė yep, on sale too. Half price! And a yummy bag of Kahlua coffeeÖ wow. So glad I made THAT stop! Christmas came early for T!

People at the gym ask me all the time if Iím gonna compete again. (Even people who donít know me will approach me and ask: Do you compete? Are you going to compete?Ē) I thought I had retired. So, yes, itís a major tease when they bring it up. Competing is hard work, but itís also VERY EXPENSIVE. Right now, I donít see it fitting into my budget. And time is NOT on my side. So realistically, I canít see myself competing again. But I would LOVE to do a prep along with other younger members who are thinking of competing. Iím not ruling that out. It will give me something to focus on during the cold, dreary winter months when depression has a way of setting in. I find that when Iím sad, when Iím longing, empty, remembering, and tend to fall into a funk, spending time at the gym inevitably serves to lift me out of that darkness and rekindles a flame of positive energy within me. Being around like-minded people, friends, itís such fabulous therapy. They are like family to me.

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...."
But it doesn't look promising for our neck of the woods. Oh, well...

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It can be a sad time when weíve experienced loss in one form or another, but I believe that if we focus on the Love of the Christ Child and his Gift to us of Eternity, it takes the spotlight off ourselves and our problems and reignites the flame of the Christmas Spirit. As Iíve mentioned before:

Joy is deeper than happiness. At its foundation, it is the security that Christ holds fast and gives peace, hope and
comfort--even in the midst of hardship. Joy is rooted in the certainty that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, and He is in control, no matter what we endure. Joy comes from being connected to him. It comes from a deep trust, an inner "knowing" that He is in control and that he is good. No matter what.

Merry Christmas to all. May all your homes be blessed by the love that was born on that night so long agoÖ

(My latest art project for our lawn)

Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #1349

Merry Christmas friend!! It was nice to hear an update from you!!! Sounds like the boys are doing great!! Enjoy this time with them! Have a Merry Christmas!!!
Hugs
Amber
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #1350