Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #1291
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
I like the BHRT approach because they use natural replacement not birth control and progestins (which cause too much issue in the body) so ya.. They are quite knowledable in that area and then you can decide what is best for you.

Here is the link to the back VIDEO, its in my profile photo page already but is also on the Lean Bodies Consulting facebook page.
Sports pictures | Team images, football photos and sports pictures
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #1292

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- that is my hair too like its naturally wavy but I need to add stuff to make it really curly or I have to work like the dickens to straighten and it is so high maintenance the greatest joy of unemployment is the lovely ponytail, LOL I should try it sometime, I often wondered about it. WoW your kids get out early too, they must be so excited! Geez I feel bad for Bobby that they go so late.

Ileen- very impressive!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #1293

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
I like the BHRT approach because they use natural replacement not birth control and progestins (which cause too much issue in the body) so ya.. They are quite knowledable in that area and then you can decide what is best for you.

Here is the link to the back VIDEO, its in my profile photo page already but is also on the Lean Bodies Consulting facebook page.
Sports pictures | Team images, football photos and sports pictures
K. Gotcha on the NATURAL approach info. Sounds interesting.

CRAP ... I can't open that link. They block us at work on pretty much EVERYTHING anymore. I'll check it out when I get home.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- that is my hair too like its naturally wavy but I need to add stuff to make it really curly or I have to work like the dickens to straighten and it is so high maintenance the greatest joy of unemployment is the lovely ponytail, LOL I should try it sometime, I often wondered about it. WoW your kids get out early too, they must be so excited! Geez I feel bad for Bobby that they go so late.
Ah, yes, the ponytail ... far more versatile than we realize, you know? From chic to nonchalant, dressed up, dressed down, for any outfit or occasion, messy and sexy, smooth and polished, casual, sporty, or conservative. It's a "fringe" (play on words) benefit to having long hair!

I love this messy/sexy/sophisticated ponytail on Cameron Diaz...BEAUTIFUL!

Work it, girl!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Just wanted to say good morning!! Life has been chaotic and have not had time for myself or to post.

Ileen awesome job!!

Bejewelme and Twyla- beautful hair!!
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #1296
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T! What is BHRT? I'm only in my early 40s but my TOM is dreadful. Ever since my last birth (5 years ago) my periods are so heavy and unpredictable. There are two days where I need to change at least every 1 1/2 - 2 hours including the night. I've heard Coconut Oil is helpful and thinking of giving it a try. I definitly have the hot flashes too.

I hear you about working up a sweat with Callanetics - LOL!

Got my workout in today and feeling good. Making those baby steps. Love you girl.
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #1297

BHRT=Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
check with/call compounding pharmacies for reference.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
Just wanted to say good morning!! Life has been chaotic and have not had time for myself or to post.

Ileen awesome job!!

Bejewelme and Twyla- beautful hair!!

h82bl8 -- I know what THAT'S like...been down that road myself lately.

Make no apologies. Just do what ya gotta, kwim?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Hey T! What is BHRT? I'm only in my early 40s but my TOM is dreadful. Ever since my last birth (5 years ago) my periods are so heavy and unpredictable. There are two days where I need to change at least every 1 1/2 - 2 hours including the night. I've heard Coconut Oil is helpful and thinking of giving it a try. I definitly have the hot flashes too.

I hear you about working up a sweat with Callanetics - LOL!

Got my workout in today and feeling good. Making those baby steps. Love you girl.
Hey, Kelley. It feels like a pair of your most favorite, worn, comfy jeans when I see you here posting again. I mean that. Love you too.

I have a bit of EVCO every morning with coffee, 1 tbs of Gaspari, and 1 Tbs of PB2, stirred together. The mad scientist at work in her kitchen! LOL

Hot flashes. Hmm.. I guess I've probably had them, but I can't be sure, because my inner therostat has been screwed up all my life and I've always had them.

I DO KNOW FOR A FACT that staying active and participating in regular exercise and weight training helps to offset menopausal fallout. Another reason to keep at it, my friend. Even though you're only in your 40's, it's still time to do that mental checklist of maximizing quality of life, no?

Hope you have a great MemD weekend.

Wow. Time flies.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #1300

GOT LIFE? How about another cup of joe?

GOT LIFE? HOW ABOUT ANOTHER CUP OF JOE?

In a blog I subscribe to... of interest to me, and maybe other COFFEE LOVERS, so I thought I'd post it here:

Got life? How about another cup of joe? | FlashFree : Not Your Mama's Menopause

Quote:
Have you seen the headlines? Yup, that’s right! That morning caffeine fix might just be the ticket to a longer life, at least according to anew study published in the New England Journal of Medicine this week. Mind you, whether or not daily consumption of coffee directly causes a longer life or simply associated with it has yet to be determined. But this is truly the type of news that all of us can use, right?!

In this study, researchers from the National Cancer Institute examined data compiled from over 220,00 men and 173,000 women who participated in a larger diet and health study. They analyzed intake of a broad variety of foods ranging from fruits and vegetables to meat and other source of saturated fat, and coffee consumption was assessed terms of frequency, i.e. 0 to 6 or more cups daily.
Although coffee is rich in antioxidants, its consumption has been linked with increases in cholesterol and blood pressure levels. And, in this particular pool of individuals, coffee drinkers were likelier than nondrinkers to smoke cigarettes, have more than three drinks (alcoholic) a day and eat more red meat.

And yet, after adjusting for all of these confounders — in particular smoking — researchers found that drinking coffee actually appeared to prolong life. In fact, men who drank 6 or more cups a day had a 10% lower risk of dying and women who drank this much had a 15% lower risk of dying compared to non-coffee drinkers. Even better? It didn’t appear to matter whether or not the coffee was caffeinated or decaffeinated.

The researchers say that their findings add evidence to other data that show inverse associations between coffee drinking and risk of diabetes, stroke and death from inflammatory diseases. Importantly, they caution that even though smokers appeared to gain the same benefits as nonsmokers, lowered risk from dying appeared to be the strongest amongst participants who never smoked or had stopped smoking.

So, should you start drinking more coffee than ever? Well, this study is an observational study and one that relied on self-reports. Therefore cause and effect is inconclusive. However, in this extremely large pool of men and women, drinking coffee more frequently appeared to confer a moderate degree of protection from dying of heart and respiratory disease, stroke, injuries, accidents and infections. Of course, more coffee may mean less sleep and more jitters, depending on your constitution and the degree of caffeine. Regardless, it appears that more is less when it comes to dying.

Got life? Have another cup!
* Incidentally, about the red meat thing, I found it interesting, this conversation I had with my hairdresser Wednesday when I was having my keratin treatment. Somehow we got on the subject of healthy eating, and then we talking about "super foods," and that led to protein, and I was flipping through a magazine that showed a big steak, right? And she says: Yum, that looks so good.

ME: Yeah. But I'm not really a big steak eater. I rarely eat it.
HER: Really? You don't like it or ....?
ME: Oh, it's okay. I just would rather have fish or salmon. Or chicken.
HER: Fish? Ugh. No thanks. I don't do fish.
ME: Not at all?
HER: No. Shrimp on a rare occasion is as far as I go.
ME: Chicken?
HER: Yeah, chicken. Yeah. But I guess if I had my druthers I'd go with steak. I'm fascinated that you don't LIKE steak. So you PREFER fish?
ME: Between fish and chicken and salmon? Salmon first, then fish, then chicken. Steak if that's all that's offered.

She flipped out.

Why is that odd?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #1301

LOL. Not sure why she flipped. Guess it depends, we all have different tastes.

I just finished an nice steak salad here at home. Personally Id much rather a fat juicy steak!. I do eat steak almost once daily, along with chicken, eggs, protein and often fish too. Love variety and thankfully i have that choice..

coffee.. ya, i drink a bunch daily.. mostly half and half caf load though so i dont bouce off the walls. lol
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #1302

Yeah maybe my intense coffee habit will offset my years of smoking!!! Plus I figure my Gram is 90 and is a total coffeehead!!!! LOL

WOW T you are not a steak girl? Steak would be my first choice, although I like most meat, and I love fish and seafood, We try to limit red meat to once per week and do fish 2 times a week and chicken or pork the others. Do you like burgers? Man I love burgers, the one place at market has free range homemade chicken burgers with feta and one with jalapenos and pepper jack, they are so good and so lean and so tasty they only have them now over the summer!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #1303

Fabulous weather this weekend. It was a good weekend overall. Too bad it wasn't just one day longer. I was able to lie in the sun now and then and read my latest book (I'm in a reading groove), spraying myself down with water from time to time to cool down in the crazy hot heat.

So this morning I give thanks for the blessings of this weekend, for my health, my family, my friends, my job, good morning coffee, and all the little things that we easily take for granted

I took Friday off, so that gave me a four-day weekend. We were blessed with good weather -- hot, but good -- which allowed us the opportunity to get a lot of things done outside, landscaping, etc., specifically, having the time finally to get my back screened porch floor repainted. It's concrete, and I had faux painted it in 2003, as I recall. Desperately needed it again. I began with power-washing the porch and floor, surrounding brick, on Friday. Then all succeeding days were spent in stages of sanding, sweeping, caulking, painting, and then applying the faux finish. It still has to be sealed with two coats --- maybe three --- of clear coat gloss.

Red. Yes, my porch is red, with faux highlights of black and bronze/gold.

Red is a statement, they say.

The color red is...

Warm and cozy

Brave

Bold

Hot

Intense...
Exciting...
Stimulating...
Empowering...
Competing...
Dramatic...
Dynamic...
A Symbol of Passion...

Red IS a statement. My statement. And I LOVE IT!

Speaking of passion, I was able to get in two great workouts this weekend, Saturday and Monday. Saturday was glutes/legs, Monday was back and abs. Cardio in the morning all of those days, as well as a bit of cardio after finishing up the training. Even went for a "moon run" Saturday night. Just felt my inner voice urging me to go...and so glad I did. I'm a far better runner at night than in the morning, and it felt wonderful and rewarding.

My weight has been stalled for several days. I'm not too worried about it, because it's trying to recalibrate. I'm pleased with the changes and leaning I'm seeing in the mirror and in my clothes, so I know positive things are happening. Keep on keeping on.

Going for some running intervals this morning. No gym tonight. Commitments.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 AM   #1304

Hey T it was a scorcher here too!! Sounds like you had a productive weekend!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #1305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi T! Just a quick post (aren't they always!) to let you know that the email you sent me has been a godsend! Just as you said, I'm really seeing a change! Gotta rush, but wanted to THANK YOU for all you do!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #1306

Quote:
Hey T it was a scorcher here too!! Sounds like you had a productive weekend!!!
Yep!
Sure did. Feels good...that sense of accomplishment, kwim?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Hi T! Just a quick post (aren't they always!) to let you know that the email you sent me has been a godsend! Just as you said, I'm really seeing a change! Gotta rush, but wanted to THANK YOU for all you do!
"Gotta rush." That sure rings a bell!

SO EXCITED that your program is working for you, Bron. It's working because YOU'RE working IT! Good girl!

Don't be a stranger. And don't work too hard! (Job work, not fitness "work")

Hope you're having a great kickoff to summer.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #1308

Made it to the gym yesterday evening after all, commitment having been cancelled.

Worked delts, mostly medial, but all aspects as well. Did speed squats and ab work in between sets.

I'm bummed that Gaspari changed their Myofusion Whey Protein recipe. It no longer makes my DELICIOUS mini muffins (thanks, Ileen, for the orig recipe) taste like a dream. They're dry and less tasty now. Really bummed. I guess there is method to their madness (I think they call that "marketing strategy"), but it didn't work so well for THIS consumer.

Eating was the last day of my LC string (2 to 3 days), so today I'll carb up a bit more. Weight down a pound this morning. My body is catching up with my "formula." For now. Gotta outsmart that baby.

Today will be morning cardio and evening cardio. No gym. Commitments this evening too.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #1309

Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #1310

Oh T you need to print that as a poster we can hang everywhere, it is so true!!! I love it!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #1311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
A bit of a thread hijack to tell Bejewelme that I've been follwoing your posts and blog for quite a while now! You are one inspirational, beautiful lady just like our Twyla!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #1312
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T! Beautiful Poster. Need to print that out for myself. You are so inspirational. I've been off the boards due to family/work craziness, but I've been sticking with my working out every other day! I even got home late one night this past week and it was my workout day and I debated with myself should i/shouldn't i (was so tired). I did it despite being around 930 pm.

I think I'm going to add in callanetics on my days off this week. Hope you are enjoying this weekend. Hugs!
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #1313

Thank you re the photo/poster, you guys. I hadn't thought about making it into a motivational poster, but since you've mentioned it, that's not a bad idea. Yes, I placed in it my journal for motivation/inspiration, for myself as much as anyone, to help keep my eye on the ball and stay focused. But I'm thinking now that maybe I SHOULD print it out and place it on my bathroom mirror, something that reminds me every morning without escaping.

Kelley, I know how it is, not getting to post here as often when we are juggling life. I go through that myself. But I'm glad to hear that you're keeping your priorities in line, giving YOURSELF the time that you need to accomplish your personal goals, the time that YOU deserve. When we accomplish little goals, daily accomplishments, for ourselves, that serves to uplift us mentally and emotionally, which is a direct reflection on others that we know and love. So it pays to take that time for you. We see our rewards when we put in the work, and though it may be more of a struggle at times, that hard work builds character and resolve. We need both those things to push us closer to our goals. As has been said so many times before, we have to win in our mind before we can expect to win with the body. "The Mind Gym." That's what this reminds me of. Great book, by the way.

And about Callanetics, yes, it really helps to keep that in the mix during the week. I always feel better when I incorporate Callanetics with my other workouts. Feel better, move better, sleep better. And the glute work in that workout is SO effective. I feel muscle soreness afterwards, even after all these years of doing Callanetics.

I made it to the gym yesterday and had a great workout, doing somewhat of a total body w/o with a bit more emphasis on back, high volume, realy wearing it out. I can feel it this morning. Cardio followed. Worked in the yard yesterday a bit, and finishing up our painting job on the back screened porch (repainted the porch floor -- RED, with mottling/marbling of black and golden-caramel). One more coat of clear coat gloss and it should be finished. Wait a few days, then replace the furniture and decor, etc. My oasis. How I love my porch. But I love my patio just as much.

It was cool enough last night to build a fire on the patio. So we grilled out for dinner, ate outside by the fire on the patio. BEAUTIFUL evening. The moon was gorgeous last night. I took a picture -- I'll post it later. We had neighbors over and sat around the fire and talked till late. Great day overall.

On track with eating and exercise. Encouraged.

Going for morning cardio this morning before church.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #1314

Bronwyn- thank you, it has been a journey!

T- your floor looks cool, I love faux finishes, I did a bunch here on my walls when I moved in, so much more interesting that flat paint.

Sounds like a good night! It was beautiful here almost 30 degree drop from last weekend!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #1315

The porch floor project is completed, the last coat of sealer/clear coat gloss having been applied yesterday. Should be able to move the furniture and such back to the porch either today or tomorrow. Wait and see. It's so pretty! I.LOVE.IT. I'll never wanna be inside now...just move on out there, T, 'cause you know it's where you'd rather be.

My third son, when he was born, used to cry as an infant during those initial weeks when I was off on leave with him -- cherished times -- and as an experienced mom of two other babies before him, I thought I was a pro at nailing the causes. But no matter what I did for him, he'd still cry. And then I discovered the cure: Take him outside. I would take him outside wrapped in a blanket (March) and sit on the porch with him in the swing, and the instant we went outside, he hushed up. And stayed quiet. Until we went inside again. It was like an on/off switch.

I now know where he gets it.

Yesterday was low cal, low carb day, cardio only, and only in the moring -- 28 mins of walk/run intervals. The rest of the day was spent shopping for new trunks for Son #3 for vacation (picky, picky, picky!), making returns (trunks he DIDN'T like -- I give up on trying to please him; he's saved his lawn cutting money and recently bought Oakleys for vacation, against my better advice, but it's his money, and he'd better learn now how to properly invest it and/or take care of what he invests IN...), getting him to/from training appt with his strength and agility guy at the football field, cooking, running errands, preparing a bereavement gift/dish for a friend, grocery shopping, and last but not least, enjoying my new Kindle I got for Mother's Day. I'm in love with that thing. The only thing, it really cuts in on my spare time. I can't put it down; I lose track of time.

I've sampled several books on it from the Kindle Store, and several are ranked under the Humor category. I've laughed my butt off, sitting on the patio reading these book samples. I can't decide which ones I want. "I'll take them all, please," --- NOT. Reading a rather steamy one now, one that had gotten great reviews. Seemed like a good choice for a beach vacation.

Time is wasting...need to change clothes, take that last sip of coffee which has restored life to my veins over the last several minutes of the morning, and head outdoors for morning cardio. Gym tonight.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #1316

T- Tony gota Kindle and I swear it is in his clutches at all times all I see is the top of his head! Are you reading 50 Shades of Grey? I got all 3 books and was saving them for the car ride on vacation, LOL But everyone keeps talking about it and I want to start it but then I know I will be bored in the car, LOL

Yeah on the porch!!! Yeah the kids want the darnest things but like with Bobby I have him deposit half his money in the bank and then I figure well it is his so he can decide, and you know I do think they take care of things when they save and plan for it. Now they both want cell phones I think 11 is way to young so they are not winning that battle yet!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #1317

Quote:
T- Tony gota Kindle and I swear it is in his clutches at all times all I see is the top of his head! Are you reading 50 Shades of Grey? I got all 3 books and was saving them for the car ride on vacation, LOL But everyone keeps talking about it and I want to start it but then I know I will be bored in the car, LOL

Yeah on the porch!!! Yeah the kids want the darnest things but like with Bobby I have him deposit half his money in the bank and then I figure well it is his so he can decide, and you know I do think they take care of things when they save and plan for it. Now they both want cell phones I think 11 is way to young so they are not winning that battle yet!!!
No, it's "Can You Keep a Secret?" I wanted to start with this one. I liked the reviews and the plot. Yes, Kindle is gonna take up way too much of my time ... I can see it now!

Ditto to no cell phone at age 11. ITA.

I'm hoping my son can show responsibility to protect his Oakley shades from loss, theft or mishap. He's QUITE proud of them. Mr. Cool has arrived! Maybe he WILL be more protective, considering he paid every penny for them. He's far more particular than either of his brothers ever hope to be.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
No, it's "Can You Keep a Secret?" I wanted to start with this one. I liked the reviews and the plot. Yes, Kindle is gonna take up way too much of my time ... I can see it now!

Ditto to no cell phone at age 11. ITA.

I'm hoping my son can show responsibility to protect his Oakley shades from loss, theft or mishap. He's QUITE proud of them. Mr. Cool has arrived! Maybe he WILL be more protective, considering he paid every penny for them. He's far more particular than either of his brothers ever hope to be.
For the record, I misspoke. The Kindle book I bought is titled Bared to you, by Sylvia Day. The "Can You Keep a Secret" was the book I had sampled -- among others, and that's what I get for reading 8-10 samples on the same day I bought and began reading the Sylvia Day book. The titles were running together before I had it straight in my mind.

Anyway, I'm about 20% through the book. So far, I'm rather annoyed with one of the main characters, and being the hopeless romantic that I am, I was counting on this book having a balance of romance in the otherwise general description or category. I'm struggling to imagine how this character is capable of romance, but maybe that's where "the plot thickens," so I'll read on.

I'm down another pound from last week, and with less than two weeks to go before we leave for FL, I'm hoping to drop one or two more by then. If not, no biggy. I allowed myself too much freedom for a while, and being a middle-aged woman, the pounds can creep on far faster than I could ever HOPE to shed them. Mostly from carelessness. It's funny how you THINK you're eating clean, on plan, reasonably, but when it's on the black and white, the numbers often tell a different story. Tracking is so essential for accountability and better likelihood of success. Every "bite" adds up faster than we realize.

As for the scale numbers, I'm not as concerned with those anyway. My mirror and my clothes tell me what I need to know. I'm pleased with the progress I've made lately, and that's what counts. It's always the LOOK vs. the NUMBER that matters to me.

I'm getting really anxious, mostly for the sunsets. The sunsets of the Gulf are absolutely breathtaking. There are no words. No need for words. It's one of those wanders of life that need no words. The message is tangible enough without the descriptive clutter. I don't know which would be worse, being deaf and hearing no music, or being blind and seeing no sunsets -- until we get to heaven, of course. And that's the finale that trumps all finales. It's all I can do to drag myself off the beach when the sun is setting, and even after it has sunk into the horizon, leaving a kaleidoscope masterpiece across the sky, my eyes hungrily drink in the beauty of God's creation with a longing from deep within my soul...

“It was so beautiful, you didn’t know which direction to look…and it stirred the deepest places in my heart. And I thought … this is life…this is right.”

Yesterday was morning running intervals mixed with power walking. After work I took my my son to get his sports physical exam, and that lasted longer than I thought. I was SO HUNGRY when we got home. I quickly ate some tilapia and a bit of sweet potatoe before heading to the gym for delts and a bit of lower body training, and then followed it up with 10 mins of light cardio on the elliptical. Missions accomplished.

At ten o'clock, I was more than ready to shut my eyes and rest, recover and renew.

Feeling good this morning...finishing up my coffee, I'm ready for some Callanetics.

I thank God for another day.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #1319

I will have to check those books out for vacation, I love reading a ton of books from morning til dusk on the Beach, the kids love the beach so they are content! I cannot wait!!! Your trip is so close now, you must be so anxious!!! Have a great trip!!!

I wanted to tell you, down on the corner near my house they are opening a MMaxfit workout place, basically like a boot camp workout it looks pretty intense I am going to try that, they say you burn 1000 calories per hour and the residual lasts 38 hours, that might be ridiculous, but I figure it seems way better than running or the elliptical for cardio, so might add that depending on the cost! I will have to let you know how it is.

I killed my biceps yesterday I woke up and was like OMG, they hurt!! So I was pleased

This scale is going to move again somehow, I have been too lax and now its time to button down here and get strict!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #1320

Quote:
I wanted to tell you, down on the corner near my house they are opening a MMaxfit workout place, basically like a boot camp workout it looks pretty intense I am going to try that, they say you burn 1000 calories per hour and the residual lasts 38 hours, that might be ridiculous, but I figure it seems way better than running or the elliptical for cardio, so might add that depending on the cost! I will have to let you know how it is.

I killed my biceps yesterday I woke up and was like OMG, they hurt!! So I was pleased

This scale is going to move again somehow, I have been too lax and now its time to button down here and get strict!
Amber, the boot camp program sounds really cool. It will be interesting to see what you think of it, how many people participate, and if the instructor shakes out. Make sure to give me feedback after you give it a go.

I know what you mean about allowing ourselves to become too lax. It happens all too easily and too often. That's why I like tracking everything I put in my mouth for a few days at least, to redirect my focus. I know you, you won't let that horse wander too far off without pulling on the reins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must have been in dire need of sleep yesterday, far more than I realized. I took a nap in my office floor at noon for about 30 mins...shut the door, turned on the radio to play light classical, drew the shades, lit a candle and bam, I'm gone. I had set my cell phone alarm, thankfully. I may have still been lying there otherwise. Really busy at work, and it will be that way for a couple of months, so I'm trying to crank out as much as I can before I leave on vacay.

Rotate tires/oil change after work, while I waited in the Toyota customer lounge, texting with my middle son (worrying -- mom's are best at this) and then proofreading; leave there, starving, drove through Wendy's for a sweet potato (planning on back day at the gym later), and trying to eat it and drive home, I drop some of it on my white YES, WHITE blouse -- smooth, T...very smooth! Knowing I have to stop to get groceries, out of milk (cue sirens and flashing lights), I'm wondering what to do with this lovely orange stain on my blouse; I dig in the console and it's my lucky day, finding a travel wipe of SHOUT ... suhweet! ... and once parked in the lot 30 mins later, I rub the stain until it is pretty much gone. All set. Then groceries, then drive home, put away groceries, change into jeans and a hoodie (cool out), take the marinated chicken outside to grill for dinner; read Kindle while grilling chicken; no one is home still, so I eat a little chicken and green beans and small salad; following dinner, I had planned to wait a bit, help out in the lawn with spreading mulch, then head to the gym and/or do cardio, but decided a 20 minute nap might serve me well. This was at 7:30. My husband woke me up at 9:40 with a reminder to return a phone call from somone who'd called while I was crashed.

CRAP! 9:40??? REALLY? OMG.

I get up, groggily dial her number, TCB, then head back upstairs, wash up, get ready for bed, and slept until 5:00 this morning.

Unbelievable. Did I really sleep that long?

Yep, I did.

Feel like a new woman.

You need rest like that now and then, T. Remember? Search your journal and you will find times when that has happened before, and remember how it served you well in days following?

Yes.

Then today is the new day. Refreshed and restored. Carry on.