Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #1261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
THANKS TWYLA FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR US!!
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #1262
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
You guys are welcome. More than glad to help.

This is GOOFY .... my cursor is not showing up on LCF board. Why? I'm too anal about typing and words and such to deal with this right now. I'll post later when this snafu is fixed.

(This is only applicable when trying to type a response on a post perhaps...not sure...whatever.)

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 05-15-2012 at 02:40 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #1263

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
You guys are welcome. More than glad to help.

This is GOOFY .... my cursor is not showing up on LCF board. Why? I'm too anal about typing and words and such to deal with this right now. I'll post later when this snafu is fixed.

(This is only applicable when trying to type a response on a post perhaps...not sure...whatever.)
Okay. Just discovered it happened also when trying to reply on another message board, so it's not LCF, it's my browser, WINDOWS EXPLORER. Surprise, surprise.

That browser is more trouble than it's worth! Rant, rant, rant.

So I switched to Google and life is good again.

I've been incredibly busy for the last week+ -- no time to post to my journal, very little time to breathe. We were trying a murder trial and it finally finished up yesterday. Trying to do that AND juggle our regular docket while on breaks, lunch recess, etc. Fun.

Very exhausted over the weekend. When I'm really tired or really depressed, those are two HUGE triggers for me to feed myself crap. Self-destructive behavior indeed. Don't even want to think on that anymore. Ate really bad on Friday, and I've been rectifying my wrongs ever since.

Tracked yesterday to get myself good, clean and accountable, and the numbers, my aim, was med cals low carbs. I'll commit to tracking for the next two weeks minimum. 1600 cals, 55 carbs. I will up cals about 250-300 today since it's gonna be a weights/gym day (hopefully), then back it down to the 1500-1600 range the rest of the week, and try to get in one day of 1400 or below cals, VLC.

Playing "Catch Me If You Can" with my metabolism.

A friend let me borrow a book, which I began reading on Friday. Even when I'm very busy, I find that reading, if only for 10 mins, is an outlet/escape for me. When I began reading it, I thought -- wth, this is so depressing! I don't need this RIGHT NOW of all times.

I'm glad I kept reading and hung in there. I'm LOVING this book. Good things comes to those who wait. The back cover mentions that it's destined to become a classic. Wouldn't surprise me.

The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success

Time for cardio.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #1264

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- how was Mother's Day? Did you have a good day on Sunday?

I will have to check out that book, now I have so many that are piling up I am trying to be productive in the job search all day and not watch TV or lay around or anything, LOL I keep moving!

So I wanted to tell you I got some of Tosca Reno's books out from the library, the Eat Clean ones, pretty good, I was all determined to do that plan on Monday but then I said no forget it I will do low carb, so I am back to LC LOL I can feel it when I lift which I hate- I cannot lift what I normally do or as many reps, but I gotta get under 200 pounds again, had a bad weekend too of just plain bad eating, it was Mothers Day x 3 all weekend, LOL So back at it! Ughghg!

She references a soup, 6-leeks, 1-onion and 6garlic cloves, and 6 c water all boiled and then pureed in the food processor, no salt or anything, it is pretty tasty and it is suppose to help clean you out, so I figure that is good veggies for low carb too so I am eating that.

Anyways hope you have a good week!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #1265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Good Morning, Twyla!

Whew -- sounds like you've been quite busy indeed! Sometimes you just have to give in to the tempations of life, just to prove that you can bounce back and pick up where you left off. I think it's applicable to food as much as it is for the rest of life.

Have a great week!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #1266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day.
Bejewel me - I have about 5 or 6 of Tosca's books and I still go back to lc!! When I start her plan I feel so hungry, tired and bloated even if it's the "right carbs." So I get some of her recipes and turn them lc.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #1267

Hey, you guys.

Thanks...yes, I did have a great Mother's Day. I was surpised with a new Kindle! Yay me! Very exciting. That and pampered with dinner and flowers and R&R all day Sunday.

I'm still slammed at work all this week. No time to post or dabble around the internet now and then, as I'd like.

But not complaining. It pays the bills.

Gotta run. My "checklist" continues to grow. I think they call that two steps forward, three steps back? We've all been there.

Hoping to make time for the gym tonight. Haven't been there nearly as much these past 7+ days as I'd like. Trying to get in cardio most every morning (sometimes p.m. too) at least.

Until the next time...y'all keep workin' your programs and gettin' the job done. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up wit-cha soon.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
So I wanted to tell you I got some of Tosca Reno's books out from the library, the Eat Clean ones, pretty good, I was all determined to do that plan on Monday but then I said no forget it I will do low carb, so I am back to LC LOL I can feel it when I lift which I hate- I cannot lift what I normally do or as many reps, but I gotta get under 200 pounds again, had a bad weekend too of just plain bad eating, it was Mothers Day x 3 all weekend, LOL So back at it! Ughghg!

She references a soup, 6-leeks, 1-onion and 6garlic cloves, and 6 c water all boiled and then pureed in the food processor, no salt or anything, it is pretty tasty and it is suppose to help clean you out, so I figure that is good veggies for low carb too so I am eating that.
Amber, I apologize for not addressing this the last time I posted. I was in a huge hurry that morning and didn't have the time.

About Tosca's books and eat clean approach, IMO, as I've said many times before, there is no set in stone cookie-cutter approach for people, whether it's training styles or diet. Everyone has a unique body type and metabolism. We all respond to insulin differently. We all gain muscle at different rates and in different places. There are just so many factors to consider.

I feel that her approach is a good "starting place" for people who have been eating poorly and without thought, who are basically clueless about nutrition and how it works for and against us in getting fit. It's merely a template IMO. From there, we learn through trial and error what works and what does not.

I too believe that her style overall pushes too many carbs. Good carbs, yes, but the amount of carbs, as we all know, has an effect on us regardless of whether they're complex and wholesome carbs or not. You really do have to find out what numbers work best with your own body. And the only way to effectively do that is to track your numbers and experiment over a course of weeks or months.

That soup you made sounds interesting. I like soup, but I forget to make it. I find that it is filling. As for the cleansing power of it, I can see how that would work. I've been drinking a cocktail of acai berry, green tea, and a squeeze of lemon juice for a cleansing regimen. Tastes really good too.

I know that you're struggling with keeping carbs as low as you can because of not being able to lift as intensively as you'd like. That time will come. I salute you for taking the effort to be diligent with this whole process as you move through the healing journey.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:08 AM   #1269

It is no fun being a woman sometimes.

I've been struggling with getting my appetite in check for the last couple of weeks, and WONDERING why I've been struggling so. I go through a mental checklist and ask: was it this? is it that? could it be because ______, etc.

I now know. I've been visited by TOM twice in the last two weeks, and all of the accompanying side effects and aftermath. The writing was all over the frikkin wall. How could I have missed THAT. At least there's a reason. Something to blame it on.

Normally I would be beating myself up over having offered that approach: SOMETHING OR SOMEONE TO BLAME IT ON. The buck stops here. End of discussion. It's my choice to eat crap or not eat crap. No one holds me down and forces that stuff in my mouth.

HOWEVER. There is no force as mighty as Mother Nature when she comes to visit a woman each month. That truly is the exception to "the buck stops here" theory. Women morph into another form of life at that time, often unrecognizable by those around us, leaving them to run for their lives from our wrath and all the destruction it brings.

Unfortunately, we can't run from ourselves. It's a fight till the end with the enemy. Every damn month.

And in my case: Twice a month.

Where is justice?

It being only one month away from when I leave for the beach, a time when I was hoping to be closer to my ideal body comp range. This timing stinks. What to do now...I don't eat less, change up my diet and sacrifice nutrition, or spend double or triple time in the gym. I will stick to my plan. Get as much rest as I can. Put in my training and cardio time as usual. And hopefully this too shall pass.

I am bigger than all of this. I am woman. I am healthy. I am strong. I am committed. I get up when knocked down. I am relentless. I will not be daunted, neither in mind or in body. I've learned to kick road blocks out of the way.

Onward.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #1270

T- That sucks about the periods but it seems that has plagued you for some time. I am sure you look great and will be totally fabulous in Marco. Think of it this way you will look way better in a bikini than 99.9% of people!!! Yeah the Eat Clean cookbook had way too many carbs for sure!!! Finding that right balance stinks, I am eating low carb this week and I can feel it when I lift, but I want to get under 200 again, it is like I am destined to be just over and that is not acceptable, moving another 25 pounds is going to be frustrating.

Chin up, you are amazing!! What is a pound or two really? I know it bugs us, but really no one else sees it!

Yes the soup was good and I like it cold for summer and it keeps the vampires away for sure!! LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #1271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
As for the cleansing power of it, I can see how that would work. I've been drinking a cocktail of acai berry, green tea, and a squeeze of lemon juice for a cleansing regimen. Tastes really good too.
Twyla...where do you get the acai berry? I desperately need something that I could do daily that would help in this area.

Sorry about the TOM....it really is the pits!! It seems that the older I get, my TOM is getting more severe!!! I hate this!!! Before I had my daughter, I would go months without a TOM due to PCOS, but after her, I have been faithful EVERY month!!! And it hangs around, 7-10 days!!! What is up with that!!!!

Hope you have a great day!!! You are so inspirational and I know that you will be rocking at Marco!!!! Stop by GA on your way through.....
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #1272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Twyla!!

I was that way with TOM too. The dr.had put me on depo provera so that I would no longer have TOM. I was on that for 5-6 yrs, it stopped working and I was getting TOM just like you twice a month and each time for 7-10 days. I was also going to the restroom every 45 MINUTES!! A hysterctomy followed. All I can say is that I had had enough, the dr. performed a partial hysterctomy and I have never been happier!!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #1273

Amber, you're right. A few lbs won't make a big difference to OTHERS. Within 10 lbs of goal weight, a few lbs can make a big difference in the way our clothes fit. It's why I have have different sizes hanging in my closet.

I just read where you're going for a job interview soon that looks promising. I wish you well with that and the interview process. They can definitely be nerve-shattering. But don't let em see that. Practice repose like crazy before the interview, control, reserve, and most importantly self-confidence, and it will govern you and reward you.

Kristi, I get the acai berry from Netrition. I'm almost out. Gotta order more. I would LOVE stopping in GA to say hello to you; what a treat! I'll have my son and his friend in the car, chomping to get there already...doubt that's gonna happen.

h82b, sounds like you have so paid your dues with the whole TOM thing.
We BOTH HAVE HAD ENOUGHT, HUH? You're so lucky to be over it now.

---------------

I slept in this morning to give my body some extra rest. Hope it pays off.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #1274

T- rest up and I hope you have a good weekend!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #1275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND Twyla- I'm sure the rest will pay off.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1276
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T - I can't agree more with all the ladies on the board - you are amazing and we are so lucky to have you. Was busy with illness and my job - we lost 2 people so I was doing the work of 3 for the last month!
Finally hired someone and slowly getting some of my time and breath back.

Got a good workout in today and know I will feel it late tomorrow. Hugs to you Kelley
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #1277

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Hi T! just poppin in to say hey I was getting twice a month TOMs too. Progesterone controls that.. Its an imbalance of Estrogen to progesterone (normally not enough of it at this time in our lives. Most call it estrogen dominance but in reality, its a progesterone deficiency.

Kristie, im out school so we can try and get something together..

Me, Im just doin, what im doing. Cals are high (body wt x 17!) and handling them pretty well iggie: might take it down just a wee bit for bathing suit time but im over all happy/pleased to be maintaining around here...

My coach plopped a picture vid of my back if anyone follows that page..
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #1278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Sounds good Ileen!! I was wondering where you have been.... I can't wait!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #1279

I cannot believe I just spent several minutes typing a MEANINGFUL post and for some reason it is GONE...

I did it again (h82bl8)! I didn't SAVE my post before "leaving the page," and now it's gone. And I have a ton of work to do.

Hello, everyone -- Ileen, Kelley, Kristi, h82bl8, and Amber. I will try to catch up later today when I'm falling alseep and desperately need a break/distraction (usually hits mid afternoon).

Until then, I really do need to get at this mountain of work in front of me.

My word of the day:

Old 05-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #1280

Aww T----- I hate that!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #1281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I HATE when that happens. Hope today is better!!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #1282

Time to catch up here a bit.

Crazy busy day. Again. Just no time anymore, it seems.

I've scrapped and fought my way through a few days of hormone hell, today being the first day I feel semi-normal again. Ugh.

Hey, Ileen. I will need to consult with my doc -- I have an upcoming appt very soon -- about my options on controlling some of this "evil." Glad to hear you're doing well, busy buildin' it, and enjoying those extra yummy calories. I'll need to get over there and check out those pics that Erik has posted for you.

Kelley, girl, it's so good to see you back here again. I KNOW FOR A FACT that you've had your share of hurdles and "life" to deal with. Good girl for getting back on your feet when you get knocked down. You know I'm always ALWAYS ALWAYS here for you, and you know how to get me even when I'm awol.

Kristi, H2, and Amber, I trust you guys are having a good week so far...?

I overslept this morning -- even though I THOUGHT SURE I set my alarm -- since my alarm didn't sound. I was only able to get in about 12 mins of quick cardio on my elliptical. There are times when cardio is what I want most, and now is one of those times. I was sitting at a stoplight on my way in to work, and I glanced over at a woman runner, that characteristic glow and bounce in her step as she appeared to be jammin/movin/burnin to her tunes, and I became GREEN with envy. I wanted to do a U-turn RIGHT then and play hookie for the day, and accommodate that ants-in-my-pants urge to exorcise the pissiness out of me and reclaim that runner's high feeling.

But I honored my priorities and tackled the mountain of work in front of me.

I also have to get a grip on my hormone swings and get busy, dig a little deeper and find the willpower necessary to stick to a cleaner diet to be as “ready” as I want to be for vacation mid June.

This is my “waka waka moment.”
No turning back. Just deal with it and get the job done, T.

You're a good soldier
Choosing your battles
Pick yourself up
And dust yourself off
Get back in the saddle

You're on the front line
Everyone's watching
You know it's serious
We are getting closer
This isn't over

The pressure is on
You feel it
But you got it all
Believe it

When you fall get up, oh oh
If you fall get up, eh eh…

Shut up.
Quit whining.
Eat right; eat clean!
Get off your butt.
And TRAIN!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #1283
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T! It is so good to be back. For the past day and 1/2 I've been so sore and gingerly walking around - it takes a bit for me to get up and going! Oh does it hurt so good! Despite the fact that I just stretching was killing me I stuck with my workout and got through it!

As always thanks for you support, and positive attitude. Hugs to you! Kelley
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 AM   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Hey T! It is so good to be back. For the past day and 1/2 I've been so sore and gingerly walking around - it takes a bit for me to get up and going! Oh does it hurt so good! Despite the fact that I just stretching was killing me I stuck with my workout and got through it!

As always thanks for you support, and positive attitude. Hugs to you! Kelley
Yes, we love it, don't we?
HURTS SO GOOD.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 AM   #1285

Apologies to anyone who may have
tried to PM me in the past week or so without success.
I was at 100% on PM's and didn't realize it.
I will start paying attention to that.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 AM   #1286

Finally made it over the deadline for work I've had to get out. The murder trial kept me busier than usual for a while, but I think I'm beginning to see the horizon a bit now.

Got my keratin (straightening) treatment done yesterday, so that means no working out - strenuously - for 72 hrs. I can't wear headbands, pony tails, hats or sweat a great deal, all which can jeopardize the results of the treatment. It will be far easier to manage for the beach, now that I've had the keratin. It's nice having "the inside" with my husband being involved in the industry via sales and management. Lots of perks; great for divas!

So I'll be walking this morning, and doing Callanetics again. I won't be able to do a full routine of Callanetics, because I tend to work up a pretty decent sweat when I do the full routine. I'll concentrate on legs/butt for a few days. Back to the gym on Saturday.

Eating on plan has been effortless the past several days now that the hormones have settled down. Staying as LC as possible has helped facilitate that aftermath.

I had a GREAT run yesterday morning, my last hoorah before having my keratin. It was a good morning for it, and I didn't want it to end.

My latest favorite playlist downloads ... loving these:

Titanium (feat. Sia)
Wild Ones (feat. Sia) LOVE SIA!
Rabiosa (house mix)
Jamaican love (radio edit)
Love in Brasil (Andreea Banica)
Drowning (Aviici Radio Edit)

Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #1287

Hey T- glad you got the hair done I often wondered if that really worked, when do you leave for your trip? Bobby is in school until 6/11, Autumn is done in 4 more days, seems like he is late for not having any snow days.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #1288

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
T call some compounding pharmacies and ask for recommendation for drs that do BHRT. I use progesterone and for the most part, it keeps the 'swing of on/off ever two weeks' in check.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey T- glad you got the hair done I often wondered if that really worked, when do you leave for your trip? Bobby is in school until 6/11, Autumn is done in 4 more days, seems like he is late for not having any snow days.
Amber (---woo hoo for me--- I have time to surf a bit for a change!)....the keratin thing? DEFINITELY WORKS. Lasts 3-4 months. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. My hair is naturally wavy, coarse-like, VERY thick, and can get a little, uh, wild? The keratin makes it very silky, soft and totally easy to style. I can shower in the morning, blow it dry, done. The end. After about 6 wks I have to begin flat ironing it again, but only a little, just on the ends, no biggy. Without the keratin, I have to spend a good 20 mins flat ironing if I want to wear it straight.

It's pricey, but SO worth it. I've talked to other people who have had it done and they rave about it too. My hairdresser said that once spring hits people start scheduling keratin left and right, keeps her crazy busy.

My son's last day is May 29th. EARLY. No snow days. We barely had a snowflake fall this year.

We leave for Marco Island on June 14th....can't WAIT!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
T call some compounding pharmacies and ask for recommendation for drs that do BHRT. I use progesterone and for the most part, it keeps the 'swing of on/off ever two weeks' in check.
Ileen, I need to really explore my options and get a full understanding of the pros/cons of all these treatments that are offered. I'm such a skeptic about stuff most of the time, kwim? You're right. Scheduling an appt with a specialist in my area would be very beneficial for me.

BTW, can you email me the link of your back pics you mentioned?