LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #1201
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
I am so glad you took some "you" time. We all need that every once in while. I spent some time with a dear friend on Friday and it was so nice just to sit with a nice glass of wine and enjoy the talking but also being comfortable if there was silence. That's what I enjoy about this person, if we want to talk we talk and if we want silence that is what we give each other with no one having to fill in the gaps. Sorry did not mean to threadjack here. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Also a heuge "Thank You!!!!" for being an inspiration to me. This weekend I thought a lot about your postings and your woe. I have decided to work on a refeeding woe but also adding in more workouts. I thought to myself "If she has a full time job, commutes 2 hours a day, has kids, cooks and works out, why can't I at least try? Thank you again and sorry about the threadjack.
You didn't threadjack at all.

Yes, Friday was wonderful. I enjoyed some wine that day too, although by myself. And as for having a friend that you can enjoy the talking AND the silence without apologies or awkwardness, that's when you KNOW it's a good fit, kwim? Those are the BEST kinds of friends. Rare, precious jewels.

I saw your post and I posted just now in your journal before seeing my own.

Just for the record, I actually only commute one full hour a day, not two; and I'm not superhuman or anything special. I just decide what matters to me and I commit to it, even if it "hurts" a little at times -- i.e., hard work, sacrifice, etc. Yes, I have a full plate, but we all have very busy schedules. How we spend our time is up to each of us, depending on "priorities." Right?

But that's very sweet of you to say those things anyway.

You can do this...I'll be following along behind ya. So remember,

Somebody's always watchin' ya!

Gotta get busy...duty calls.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #1202

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- you are always an inspiration and that pic is a good reminder of what hard work will bring!! Didnt hear from my trainer, makes me sad but I know she has issues, she knows where I am if she needs me!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi Twyla and all her lovely friends!

My chest cold and infection have all but gone, so it's back to exercise tonight.

Thank you for your friendship and your photos - you are selfless in helping others and you are truly an inspiration!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #1204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedZaftig
Stats: 000/000/000
Greetings! Just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration!! I have been a recreational gym rat for years. I taught myself to lift by reading fitness magazines (like Oxygen...sadness about Bob) and doing research on the internet.

Also, I am huge fan of bodybuilders and weight lifting athletes in general. I follow the competition circuit in my local area and have met many of the competitors. You have an amazing physique and have obviously worked hard to earn it! Thank you for posting pics and putting yourself out there. I aspire to be as slim and as fit as you are
RedZaftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- you are always an inspiration and that pic is a good reminder of what hard work will bring!! Didnt hear from my trainer, makes me sad but I know she has issues, she knows where I am if she needs me!
Thank you, Amber.

Your trainer apparently is having a tough time with the breakup. Maybe she just needs to sort it out in her head/heart for a bit and will eventually need your shoulder and ear. I know you will be there for her. I would somehow continue to slip her little hugs of love and support without bringing it up, but just to reinforce your "presence" should she need it.

Her grief is every hit as painful as having lost someone who has passed away, and she is going to need you. You are serving a purpose in her life just by her KNOWING she has you there for her when she's ready.

See? God gives us "tasks" at stages in our lives when we think we're supposed to be doing something else perhaps, and find ourselves restless or anxious or whatever. He may be trying to refocus your attention onto HER and her needs while you heal and recover, and maybe that's just the distraction you need. And what SHE needs.

Embrace all of it.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Hi Twyla and all her lovely friends!

My chest cold and infection have all but gone, so it's back to exercise tonight.

Thank you for your friendship and your photos - you are selfless in helping others and you are truly an inspiration!
Bronwyn, , that's sweet.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling like your normal self again. Those setbacks from illness aren't any fun. Just take it easy and ease yourself back into "full steam ahead" mode. Drink TONS of water today.

I'll be getting back to you on your concerns. Hang tight.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZaftig View Post
Greetings! Just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration!! I have been a recreational gym rat for years. I taught myself to lift by reading fitness magazines (like Oxygen...sadness about Bob) and doing research on the internet.

Also, I am huge fan of bodybuilders and weight lifting athletes in general. I follow the competition circuit in my local area and have met many of the competitors. You have an amazing physique and have obviously worked hard to earn it! Thank you for posting pics and putting yourself out there. I aspire to be as slim and as fit as you are
Ahhhhh, another soul who can't resist the "digging and exploration" to fuel the passion. It's addictive, isn't it?

Yes, very sad about Bob Kennedy. Having read Tosca's latest comments on her blog, my heart just breaks into pieces for her. A huge loss for everyone in the fitness industry, but to her... wow. They were blessed.

Thank you for your comments regarding my fitness and competition efforts. It has been a process, and endless lessons learned along the way. Every frustration and setback served its purpose to galvanize my progress, and I wouldn't change a thing. I find myself continually hungry for more. God willing, I hope to always be a part of the fitness circuit. I don't know what the future holds for me, but I'm going to try to not let age be a limitation to meeting my personal expectations and goals. Your stopping here, taking the time to lift me up, has truly made my day. Thank YOU for being my earth angel today.

I wish you the very best in your own goals and dreams. You can do whatever you set your mind, heart and body to do. YOU CAN. Never give up on your dreams.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #1208

T- I still cant work out, it will be a full 8 weeks til I can even walk on the treadmill, OMG!! But I know I have to be patient, this is an awful long break, that is for sure, I wish I felt better but I guess it was huge surgery and the doc said I better keep it low for now, ughg!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #1209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
T- Hope you have a fabulous day!!
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #1210

Quote:
T- I still cant work out, it will be a full 8 weeks til I can even walk on the treadmill, OMG!! But I know I have to be patient, this is an awful long break, that is for sure, I wish I felt better but I guess it was huge surgery and the doc said I better keep it low for now, ughg!
Amber, that was the point I was making about letting your willingness to "be there" for your trainer be a distraction for you. I've found that when I'm feeling depressed or sad or overcome with frustrations beyond my control, that when I do something for someone else it serves to lift me up and takes my mind off me and allows me to focus on other positive energies.

Also, another way to look at this "setback" for you is by counting your blessings. Just this week, I've learned of three different people whose lives have been cut short (one being close to my age, the other being younger) by illness and disease. I know that these people would give anything just to have more time to spend with their familiies, to laugh, to breathe without pain, to be able to taste food or to even WANT to taste good food, to be able to go to their job, make a living, prepare a meal, take a walk... The list goes on, kwim?

We don't realize how the tiniest of blessings we all have are taken for granted until it's brought to our attention that they can be stripped away from us in the flash of an eye.

This has been my coping mechanism for as long as I can remember. When I'm down or feeling sad or sorry for myself, I try to position my focus on others who are going through far worse things than I am, serving to eclipse my little bumps in the road in rather sobering fashion. It seems to give me just the right amount of hope and assurance I need to BELIEVE that whatever limitations or setbacks I'm dealing with are indeed TEMPORARY. They're a mere stop sign thrown in my path, one that reminds me to refocus -- to "stop and smell the roses."

Look for the roses in your world, Amber. They're there to pull you through.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #1211

The last couple of mornings, trying to get my body in gear to do cardio, has been a little more challenging for the first several minutes.

I went quite heavy on squats and deadlifts at the gym this past Saturday for the first time in a while, throwing my body a curve ball. My glutes and hams have been SCREAMING ever since. It's a love-hate thing. The ache is uncomfortable, but I love the reminder of the sculpting effects it will serve.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Twyla - I received your emails and sent responses. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I did an hour of cardio last night and the scale rewarded me with a one-pound loss!

I found an old Oxygen magazine last night in my bedroom and thought of Bob Kennedy - so sad! We've lost some great people lately - first Callan, now Bob. God bless them for their dedication to helping others!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #1213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't see your pictures at work. When I got home today I saw all of them. Wow! Your pics are awesome and inspirational!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #1214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't see your pictures at work. When I got home today I saw all of them. Wow! Your inspiration pics are awesome and inspirational!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #1215

Quote:
I can't see your pictures at work. When I got home today I saw all of them. Wow! Your inspiration pics are awesome and inspirational!
Thank you!

~~~~~

I didnít wake up until 7:15 Ė a whole 2 hours 15 mins later than I had planned! My husband brought me a cup of coffee to the bedside just as I was waking up (bless him) and I sat there for a minute enjoying its warming rise-n-shine effect on me, trying to arouse my senses.

One thing was for sure: Today would be a ponytail day, very little makeup, and throwing on whatever I could find that was easy and classic. (Black works wonders for times like these!)

Although I was disappointed that I didnít get to do my morning Callanetics, itís likely that my body desperately needed that extra rest. Iíve noticed Iíve been a little hungrier in the last couple of days too, all fallout from cortisol swings no doubt. Maybe Iíve had a reset and my body will benefit from the added rest and fuel.

Guzzling a yummy green tea and acai berry cocktail right now, I have to admit my mind feels clearer and my body rested. Predictably, when I work and train hard, I give it 100%. Iím the same way with rest; when itís time to rest and renew, I wanna milk it for all itís worth, letting my body tell ME when itís had enough.

Example: Itís raining right now, making me wish I could have spent the day at home relaxing, listening to the rain, I'm thinking ... hmmm....
a Chet-Baker-Billie-Holliday-Ella-Fitzgerald kind of day. (How I adore the oldiesóthe best.)

Iíll just have to pretend I was there. Work and duty calls.

ďÖI love the old-fashioned things
The sound of rain
Upon a window pane
The starry song that April sings
This year's fancies
Are passing fancies
But sighing sighs, holding hands
These my heart understands
I know I'm old-fashioned
But I don't mind it
That's how I want to be
As long as you agree
To stay old-fashioned with me
Oh won't you stay old-fashioned with me?
Oh please stay old-fashioned with me."

~ Ella Fitzgerald

Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #1216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love Ella and Billie too!! I've also had my appetite increase in size the last couple of days, will have to check it out since I no longer have TOM!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #1217

Quote:
I love Ella and Billie too!! I've also had my appetite increase in size the last couple of days, will have to check it out since I no longer have TOM!
Yes, there will never be music like that again, I'm afraid.

As for your rising hunger, that's to be expected when you begin exercising more intensely. It's all good, as long as you eat clean, healthy, balanced meals, giving your body the fuel it needs rather than the crap our BRAINS want.

I know you know the difference.

If you eat a little more protein and fat this week when you find you're hungrier, it should level out.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #1218

Having overslept yesterday morning and missing my Callanetics bugged me all day yesterday. I haven't done them since this past weekend, and it was TIME. So instead of going to the gym and doing legs and glutes weight work, I stayed home and did Super Callanetics, starting with Turbo Jam for my cardio. It was just what I needed. Raining out, feeling a little tired and sluggish (still), I just wanted to stay put and not have to get dressed and drive to the gym.

My appetite has been a little crazy this week, and I'm wondering if it's a direct result of my being more tired than usual, my body needing the extra fuel, trying to reset itself. Not sure. I fought it all day again yesterday. I noticed a difference this morning when I woke up. Calmer seas in the satiety/hunger department, it seems. So far so good.

My friends that I've been helping locally give me updates on their progress every Monday morning, and both of them are very encouraged and delighted with their progress so far in their new WOE. We haven't really addressed exercise yet. That will come. Changing their way of eating, getting them to THINK before putting something in their mouths, has been a big step and life-changinig for them. It still amazes me that so many people have NO CLUE about nutrition, the effects of WHAT we eat, when we eat it, why we eat this, not that, etc. They are misled by so many myths and false advertising that have been scattered around for years, that it's no wonder they're confused and discouraged with the inevitable weight gain that is to be expected from careless eating.

I was having a discussion with these two friends recently in a larger group setting, and other women were commenting on their progress, etc., and the subject of carbs came up, and one woman said, "Now you realize, don't you, that you can only go so long with keeping your carbs slow like that, and eventually you'll need to increase your carbs or it will make you sick."

I was able to redirect the conversation eventually , after trying somewhat successfully to kindly advise this misled soul that she was, uh, yeah, MISTAKEN? I'm not certain I had her COMPLETELY convinced, but at least I got her thinking. This woman and I have had some rather enlightening discussions since then, so maybe that did some good.

At any rate, the sparks in my circles have begun a small fire that seems to be spreading.

Support is a wonderful thing.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #1219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

Having overslept yesterday morning and missing my Callanetics bugged me all day yesterday. I haven't done them since this past weekend, and it was TIME. So instead of going to the gym and doing legs and glutes weight work, I stayed home and did Super Callanetics, starting with Turbo Jam for my cardio. It was just what I needed. Raining out, feeling a little tired and sluggish (still), I just wanted to stay put and not have to get dressed and drive to the gym.

My appetite has been a little crazy this week, and I'm wondering if it's a direct result of my being more tired than usual, my body needing the extra fuel, trying to reset itself. Not sure. I fought it all day again yesterday. I noticed a difference this morning when I woke up. Calmer seas in the satiety/hunger department, it seems. So far so good.

My friends that I've been helping locally give me updates on their progress every Monday morning, and both of them are very encouraged and delighted with their progress so far in their new WOE. We haven't really addressed exercise yet. That will come. Changing their way of eating, getting them to THINK before putting something in their mouths, has been a big step and life-changinig for them. It still amazes me that so many people have NO CLUE about nutrition, the effects of WHAT we eat, when we eat it, why we eat this, not that, etc. They are misled by so many myths and false advertising that have been scattered around for years, that it's no wonder they're confused and discouraged with the inevitable weight gain that is to be expected from careless eating.

I was having a discussion with these two friends recently in a larger group setting, and other women were commenting on their progress, etc., and the subject of carbs came up, and one woman said, "Now you realize, don't you, that you can only go so long with keeping your carbs slow like that, and eventually you'll need to increase your carbs or it will make you sick."

I was able to redirect the conversation eventually , after trying somewhat successfully to kindly advise this misled soul that she was, uh, yeah, MISTAKEN? I'm not certain I had her COMPLETELY convinced, but at least I got her thinking. This woman and I have had some rather enlightening discussions since then, so maybe that did some good.

At any rate, the sparks in my circles have begun a small fire that seems to be spreading.

Support is a wonderful thing.

I wished I lived close to you!! That is amazing- that you not only talk the talk but walk the walk. You encourage others and use your self as an example of what living a good, clean woe does for you. There are so many "celebrities" out there who look amazing and yet there are rumors of how they keep their "fantastic" shapes. They don't look healthy at all. And here you are, our own "Celebrity" who looks amazing and share all her knowledge with all who will listen- I am in AWE of YOU!!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #1220

Quote:
I wished I lived close to you!! That is amazing- that you not only talk the talk but walk the walk. You encourage others and use your self as an example of what living a good, clean woe does for you. There are so many "celebrities" out there who look amazing and yet there are rumors of how they keep their "fantastic" shapes. They don't look healthy at all. And here you are, our own "Celebrity" who looks amazing and share all her knowledge with all who will listen- I am in AWE of YOU!!

You're too kind.

Seriously, though, everyone who knows me is well aware of my passion and commitment to clean eating, exercise, and staying fit. It's become a "badge of honor" in many ways. (Hence: KEEP IT LIT)

I didn't get to this place by myself. I had other kind, wise souls who patiently reached out and taught me endless lessons. I will never forget them and the impression and impact they've had on my life.

Never.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #1221

I CAN'T WAIT ...

GUESS WHERE I'M HEADED TONIGHT?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #1222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AWESOME!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #1223

My vision board. Takes the place of staring at a blank wall or garage door while doing morning indoor cardio.

Nice to have something a little more interesting to focus on!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #1224

Have a good week T, that is a great board to focus on!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #1225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

T- YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #1226

Hugs to you guys...Amber and h82bl8

Having been out of town Friday through Sunday, I was anxious to get to the gym last night after work. My energy was a little low because I was behind on sleep, both from the weekend and from the drive home. But I made it through, and as expected, I felt better and more energized and like myself AFTER my workout.

I had managed to get in 30 mins of cardio yesterday morning before work, 90 pushups, and 3 sets of deadlifts; the gym plan was delts and cardio.

My plan would normally have been to get in some early morning Callanetics and cardio this morning, but they're doing health screenings at the courthouse this morning, and I had to get here bright and early -- F A S T E D. I knew there was no way I could maintain sanity that long w/o my morning coffee. And I don't do it black. (Black coffee is sexy----looks good, smells good, but I just can't do it black!) I had to be here between 7:30 and 7:45 to get screened. Within 5 minutes after I finished, my coffee was ready and I went to town on the brew! Ahhhhhh, sweet bliss.

Okay. I can think now. I can function. Life will go on.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-24-2012 at 05:47 AM..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #1227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

COFFEE- I need and crave it every morning. I am like you when it comes to the way I like it served- never, ever black!! Once it passes through my lips the day has started and all is well in the world!!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #1228

T- I know I probably asked you this do you put skim milk in your coffee or half and half? I still use half and half and probably should not use so much since I drink so much, but darn it is the nectar of God in my opinion!!! I use liquid splenda in it too.

There is nothing worse than surgery or blood work when you cant have coffee, LOL
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #1229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK Twyla you can give me a good kick in the you know what!! I have read through page 22 of your first journal and writing down your cal, carbs, prot, etc and also reading about your carb "reloading " experiences. Well lo and behold I found a copy of the TNT Diet by Jef Volek that I bought 2 years ago and used it maybe for a couple of weeks because I just did not get the hang of it. NOW, with your explanations, I get it!! THANKS!!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #1230

Quote:
T- I know I probably asked you this do you put skim milk in your coffee or half and half? I still use half and half and probably should not use so much since I drink so much, but darn it is the nectar of God in my opinion!!! I use liquid splenda in it too.

There is nothing worse than surgery or blood work when you cant have coffee, LOL
Amber, I'm quite the SNOB with my coffee preferences. I drink it with half & half (reg or fat free) or whole cream only. Milk doesn't cut it for me. And I DEFINITELY won't use the powdered crap, nor the crappy, syrupy-sweet "fat free" flavored creamers. Can't do sweet coffee at all!

So when I travel/visit other people's homes, I always travel with green tea bags and Splenda, just in case they don't offer some sort of plain half & half. That way I won't be caffeine-less in the mornings.