Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #1171
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bronwyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,139
Gallery: Bronwyn
Twyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted anything to you, but I've been reading your posts and enjoying each of them!

I'm back on track (for the umpteenth time) and combining cardio, strength training, and Callanetics! Your suggestions and comments have been with me all this time, and you continue to be my hero!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #1172
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Twyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted anything to you, but I've been reading your posts and enjoying each of them!

I'm back on track (for the umpteenth time) and combining cardio, strength training, and Callanetics! Your suggestions and comments have been with me all this time, and you continue to be my hero!
Bronwyn!

I'm glad to hear from you again...and thank you. So glad I can continue to inspire you. Really. It lifts me up, girl.

Glad to hear you're doing well and keeping at it! I don't spend as much time here as I used to. Been busy blogging, and it serves me well, it seems.

But I love coming back here from time to time and seeing old friends and familiar faces. It's like "going home."

I had a mani/pedi done today at a new salon in town, and the people there are SO NICE. Fell in love with the place. Really high class, all that. I commented I liked their music, it was refreshing -- you know me and my weird music tastes, often...uh, left of center-----Well, he made a copy of their CD for me that had a huge potpourri of artists. One of songs I'm definitely adding to my MP3 for my gym workouts. It has a great, contagious beat. And I love the message.

Yahoo! Video Detail for Akcent - My Passion OFFICIAL VIDEO

Gym workout was good today. Gonna do some cardio in a bit. I've had a busy day and I'm still trying to check off things from my list of "to-do's."

Hope you've had a great St. Patty's Day! Don't be a stranger. Keep looking me up. I'm never too far away.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #1173
Senior LCF Member
 
kmcentire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 667
Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Hey Twyla.... Just haven't talked to you in a while....

Well, my exercising was going great and I had an appointment with a trainer at the gym to get me started on doing splits. (I think that is what it is called...Arms one day, legs one day, arms....etc.) and then I broke my finger and had to have surgery. I think I broke it while I was cleaning.... NOT at the gym!!! I had the surgery almost two weeks ago and I have not been to the gym since and I miss it so much. I can tell that I am not feeling as good and energized as I was when I was going. So, I am going to try and start back today. I have 2 pins in my finger... so it may just be cardio and I may TRY some weights!!!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!! Have a good week...I will be looking to you for some more help and inspiration as I embark on this change with my workouts...
__________________
Kristi
A GOAL without a PLAN is merely a WISH!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #1174
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bronwyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,139
Gallery: Bronwyn
Twyla: Just a drive-by post to let you know I'm still here watching you!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #1175
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,548
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi T,
I am trying to get back to some sense of normal, I am going back to work on Monday wow this was bad! I miss the gym and I think part of my surgery depression was lack of working out, my tummy is amazing, I cant wait til I can see the difference in doing things like yoga and lifting, and planks without my blubber baby in the way! This is the hardest thing I ever went through but I think there is some purpose in it all to help someone or something, I guess I will wait and see what the Big Man unfurls for me! I missed everyone!
__________________
http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wB47MwP/weight.png
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #1176
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Hey Twyla.... Just haven't talked to you in a while....

Well, my exercising was going great and I had an appointment with a trainer at the gym to get me started on doing splits. (I think that is what it is called...Arms one day, legs one day, arms....etc.) and then I broke my finger and had to have surgery. I think I broke it while I was cleaning.... NOT at the gym!!! I had the surgery almost two weeks ago and I have not been to the gym since and I miss it so much. I can tell that I am not feeling as good and energized as I was when I was going. So, I am going to try and start back today. I have 2 pins in my finger... so it may just be cardio and I may TRY some weights!!!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!! Have a good week...I will be looking to you for some more help and inspiration as I embark on this change with my workouts...
Kristi, hey girl. Sorry to hear about your surgery...didn't realize! You broke it while cleaning? Cleaning WHAT? Surgery is tough on us and you are gonna get your energy back. Give it some time. Main thing is to make sure you're eating right, getting the nutrients you need to heal/recover. Slowly work your way back to where you were. Pace yourself. That's the approach you need to take. Don't look at it as a road block, just as a "work zone," yielding to the message to slow down for a bit. You will be back at top speed in no time.

Don't forget to keep visualization tools all around you as you move forward. Having a vision, affirmations, positive thoughts and a tough mental game will get you where you need to be just as effectively (if not more so) than any physical demands that lay before you.

Hope you have a great Friday!~~~~~~~~>

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #1177
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Twyla: Just a drive-by post to let you know I'm still here watching you!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #1178
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hi T,
I am trying to get back to some sense of normal, I am going back to work on Monday wow this was bad! I miss the gym and I think part of my surgery depression was lack of working out, my tummy is amazing, I cant wait til I can see the difference in doing things like yoga and lifting, and planks without my blubber baby in the way! This is the hardest thing I ever went through but I think there is some purpose in it all to help someone or something, I guess I will wait and see what the Big Man unfurls for me! I missed everyone!

Amber, wow, the time has passed quickly it seems, maybe not to you. Back to work? Whew. Hope you take it easy and pace yourself too (as I mentioned to Kristi). I KNOW YOU MUST BE excited to see how the new you responds to your different activities and exercise. I can only imagine your excitement!

Hoping that you will feel that the pain and suffering you've gone through has been worth it when this summer rolls around.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #1179
Senior LCF Member
 
kmcentire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 667
Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Hey Twyla.....Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

I had the follow up appointment yesterday and he said that I could do lower body, core, and cardio....just no upper body. I will get one pin out in 3 weeks and the other one in 3 weeks after that..... So, it will be a while before I can do upper body. I don't want to fall into the mind set that since I can't do upper body, just don't worry about the rest!!! What do you suggest?

I am determined to go back to the gym next week. I think I don't have to worry about it throbbing now. That was what I was scared of...And the doctor said it would be fine.

Hope you have a GREAT Weekend!!!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #1180
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Hey Twyla.....Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

I had the follow up appointment yesterday and he said that I could do lower body, core, and cardio....just no upper body. I will get one pin out in 3 weeks and the other one in 3 weeks after that..... So, it will be a while before I can do upper body. I don't want to fall into the mind set that since I can't do upper body, just don't worry about the rest!!! What do you suggest?

I am determined to go back to the gym next week. I think I don't have to worry about it throbbing now. That was what I was scared of...And the doctor said it would be fine.

Hope you have a GREAT Weekend!!!!

Kristi, no problem. Just alternate LB with cardio days, with 2 days total rest. Make it lower weights higher volume/reps one LB day, heavier with less reps the other LB day. Maybe emphasize glutes/hams one day, quads calves the next?

Glutes/hams: wide squats, bridges, lunges, single-leg squats, deadlifts, single-leg deadlifts, leg press (high foot placement), step-ups; cable kickbacks.

Quads: Squats, narrorer stance; lunges, not as long of a stride; leg extensions, calf raises.

Do two days of HIIT cardio, and 2 days of s/s cardio.

Does that work?

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #1181
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

It's Friday.



Time
for
Ergo.

Anybody wanna join me?



WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #1182
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
9-13-2009
Deja vu...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ditto!





WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #1183
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,548
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- that is a great wake up to Sunday message!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #1184
Blabbermouth!!!
 
kelley17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 5,097
Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey T! I'm back. It has been a long difficult journey for me and I've neglected myself. I'm still struggling with financial issues, and my wonderful dad finally succumbed to Cancer this past summer. My mom is a lot stronger than she thought and my family is each dealing in their own way.

My little Emerson, who was born a few months before he was diagnosed and really his angel brings tears to our eyes and smiles to our hearts with her innocent way of dealing with her loss. To her Poppa is flying around having sleepovers with all the people he loves and will soon be staying in my mom's tree in the backyard to watch over us - it has to get some nice green leaves to be more comfortable for him.

I've decided to climb out of my sadness and stop medicating myself with food and get back into exercising and eating right. So happy to see you are going strong and cheering people on in their own journeys.
__________________
Kelley
STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE ;0)
92 hours of Callanetics Completed
C25K Graduate and Now restart April 2012 W1D3 done
my weightloss journeyDoing it for myself and my family
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #1185
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Hey T! I'm back. It has been a long difficult journey for me and I've neglected myself. I'm still struggling with financial issues, and my wonderful dad finally succumbed to Cancer this past summer. My mom is a lot stronger than she thought and my family is each dealing in their own way.

My little Emerson, who was born a few months before he was diagnosed and really his angel brings tears to our eyes and smiles to our hearts with her innocent way of dealing with her loss. To her Poppa is flying around having sleepovers with all the people he loves and will soon be staying in my mom's tree in the backyard to watch over us - it has to get some nice green leaves to be more comfortable for him.

I've decided to climb out of my sadness and stop medicating myself with food and get back into exercising and eating right. So happy to see you are going strong and cheering people on in their own journeys.
Kelley, my friend, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My heart breaks and aches along with you. The precious expression of "acceptance" by Emerson has to bring you comfort amid your grief. I totally understand the sadness. My DEEPEST grief didn't even begin until several months after my mother's passing. I've never researched "grief" from a psychological standpoint, but I understand from others that this is normal, and that the stages happen differently for people, depending on what sort of grief they've experienced, etc.

I would love for us to connect up again. I think we could reciprocally do each other a lot of good, all things considered, and I need your friendship, girl. I've missed you so much and I have thought of you so often. You were there for me in the past, both with our weight and fitness journeys, and also with having to deal with the horrors of disease that our parents have been through.

I know you've had a lot on your plate, things far more pressing than LCF and dealing with weight and healthy eating, etc. But you're right, medicating with food will only increase your discontent in the long run. Please know that I am here for you always. I hope you will reach out to me. Let's make up for lost time, K?
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #1186
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb





Pump Up Your Confidence

Lifting weights not only sculpts your muscles, it also boosts our self-esteem. Researches from Northern illinois University studied 30 women, ages 18 to 41*, who scored poorly on body-image tests. Half of the women were instructed to take a weight-training class for 50 minutes twice a week. After 13 weeks, 41 percent of the women who pumped iron had better BODY CONFIDENCE. Those who did nothing had no improvement.

That's right! Work it!

*And one can only wonder what the stats would have revealed had they tested "40 Somethings" or even better, "50 Somethings!"





WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #1187
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bronwyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,139
Gallery: Bronwyn
T - yet another drive-by. In a car right now w/3 others. Still need to write u about Callanetics & weights. Have a great evening!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #1188
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,548
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey T, just stopping to say hi!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #1189
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
T - yet another drive-by. In a car right now w/3 others. Still need to write u about Callanetics & weights. Have a great evening!
Hey, Bronwyn.

Yes, I was expecting to hear from you. Whatcha up to? Give me a shout.





WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #1190
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey T, just stopping to say hi!!
Amber, how are you, girl?

I realize you're still playing the waiting game, and I think you're a lot like me -- you don't wait well. (insert tapping foot and eye roll)

Don't sweat the little setbacks. It will all be worth the long wait in the end. You are still making progress, regardless!

Reminds me of a quote I saw on a blog recently:

Keep this in mind ... and have a great day, you!



WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #1191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
h82bl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,815
Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
T- Just wanted to say hi!! I have started reading your first journal. I wanted to pop in and say "THANK YOU!" for being such an inspiration to so many people, including me.

I have a trainer and I am going to start the carb cycling next week. You are an awesome individual. I have been doing lc for about a month and have lost 15 lbs, but gained 5 back from massive carb indulgences over the Easter Holiday. I hope to keep "talking" to you through your journal.

Have an awesome weekend!!
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #1192
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
T- Just wanted to say hi!! I have started reading your first journal. I wanted to pop in and say "THANK YOU!" for being such an inspiration to so many people, including me.

I have a trainer and I am going to start the carb cycling next week. You are an awesome individual. I have been doing lc for about a month and have lost 15 lbs, but gained 5 back from massive carb indulgences over the Easter Holiday. I hope to keep "talking" to you through your journal.

Have an awesome weekend!!
H82BL8 -- Hey, there! We have chatted before, and it's a nice surprise that you have taken time to offer such kind remarks to me. I'm so glad that my journal has been an inspiration for you. I am impassioned with helping others realize their dreams and goals, and anything I can do in helping you realize your own success would be reciprocal inspiration, trust me.
I'm actively helping a few friends locally in "turning from their wicked ways" LOL and commit to cleaner eating and a healthier lifestyle, and it's extremely rewarding to share their joys and excitement with their progress. Helping others is very gratifying to me.

You are doing REMARKABLY well -- 15 lbs in a month? SUH-WEET! Yeah, holidays have a way of undermining our best intentions, don't they? Been there too! You can climb right back in that saddle and resume progress with no problem...just a minor bump in the road to keep you alert, right?

Do visit me and keep me posted, and let me know if I can be of any help to you in any way at all.

Have a great weekend, girl.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #1193
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Robert Kennedy
1938-2012
It is with great sadness that we, the staff of Robert Kennedy Publishing
in Mississauga, Ontario,
announce the passing of Robert Kennedy, our company’s founder.

Bob passed on April 12, at home from complications stemming from skin cancer. He was 73 years old. Bob was surrounded by family and friends. He is survived by his beloved wife, Tosca Reno and their four daughters: Chelsea Kennedy, Rachel Corradetti, Kiersten Corradetti and Kelsey-Lynn Corradetti. Bob’s only son Braden Robert James Kennedy passed away last year due to pneumonia complications at the age of 23.

Bob leaves behind a legacy as a pioneer in the field of bodybuilding and physical wellness.





~~~

God be with you, Bob, and all your family.

Thank you for the remarkable and lasting impact your legacy leaves to me and countless others
by your dedication and commitment to health and fitness.



When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth
you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~Kahlil Gibran





WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #1194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
h82bl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,815
Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
I have subscribed to Oxygen and Clean Eating for years. OMG
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #1195
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
I have subscribed to Oxygen and Clean Eating for years. OMG
I know! Me too. This is so sad. Such a loss. I have every issue of Oxygen I've ever bought and read it religiously. Bob Kennedy's contributions have had such a huge impact on my fitness journey.

I remember packing for my competition, thinking to myself, "Don't forget to take a couple issues of Oxygen to read." Kept them in the front seat, within reach, reading all the way there. Wow.

Just so sad.



WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #1196
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,548
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh geez T that is sad I remember the one article they had Tosca and the girls such a beautiful family!!!

Glad to hear you are helping others with their goals. I dont know if you saw but I was so sad that my trainer had never reached out to be through this surgery well I finally heard form her, her 11 year relationship with her BF ended, she said she didnt want to cry to me when I was going this surgery so she is coming over Sunday and we are going to talk, I was really missing her.

I cant wait T, but you know I went 43 years ashamed of myself and my body and if I am sidelined another few weeks so be it, I am going to carry this new flat tummy for the next 40. I hope you are right about the arrow--- my wheels are always turning!!!! Today is 6 weeks we will take pics tomorrow when we have more time, I feel better still have this seroma that is preventing the activity, but even my BB looks good now, its not freaky, LOL

Have a good weekend T, I know I am always glad to see you post!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #1197
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Oh geez T that is sad I remember the one article they had Tosca and the girls such a beautiful family!!!

Glad to hear you are helping others with their goals. I dont know if you saw but I was so sad that my trainer had never reached out to be through this surgery well I finally heard form her, her 11 year relationship with her BF ended, she said she didnt want to cry to me when I was going this surgery so she is coming over Sunday and we are going to talk, I was really missing her.

I cant wait T, but you know I went 43 years ashamed of myself and my body and if I am sidelined another few weeks so be it, I am going to carry this new flat tummy for the next 40. I hope you are right about the arrow--- my wheels are always turning!!!! Today is 6 weeks we will take pics tomorrow when we have more time, I feel better still have this seroma that is preventing the activity, but even my BB looks good now, its not freaky, LOL

Have a good weekend T, I know I am always glad to see you post!
Hey, girl. Sad about your trainer and her heartache. It's great that you'll spend time with her this weekend. You BOTH need that.

Yes, and about Bob Kennedy. I just feel empty thinking about his passing. But at the same time, I reflect on all that he has left behind, all that he stood for, and those thoughts LIFT ME UP and above the sadness. As it should be...?

You hang onto that positive attitude, little lady! Atta girl!

Backatcha on the weekend renewal.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #1198
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
I'm THRILLED to have taken the afternoon off. I have the rest of the day/evening to myself. I love being alone and just me time. It's fabulous. I plan to spend some time sitting in the sun and reading a bit, relaxing, maybe a glass or two of wine, maybe downloading some new music for my gym playlist; burning a few new music CD's, working on my Vision Board (ongoing project)...the list goes on...just a lot of lazy nothingness, but very satisyfing ME time.

It's such a beautiful afternoon as I sit here on my back porch, gobbling up the serenity of this day, listening to music...Life is Good.

My girl Christina Perri (what.a.voice.) is at it again with her "A Thousand Years" rockin-the-charts hit. Beautiful doesn't come close. I remember the first time I heard her voice. "Jar of Hearts." I knew right then without a doubt that she had It. The Gift. That she would go places. And I was right.

Her music and passionate voice touches and warms countless souls. I hope she continues to share her talent with us for years to come.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #1199
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb







WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #1200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
h82bl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,815
Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
I am so glad you took some "you" time. We all need that every once in while. I spent some time with a dear friend on Friday and it was so nice just to sit with a nice glass of wine and enjoy the talking but also being comfortable if there was silence. That's what I enjoy about this person, if we want to talk we talk and if we want silence that is what we give each other with no one having to fill in the gaps. Sorry did not mean to threadjack here. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Also a heuge "Thank You!!!!" for being an inspiration to me. This weekend I thought a lot about your postings and your woe. I have decided to work on a refeeding woe but also adding in more workouts. I thought to myself "If she has a full time job, commutes 2 hours a day, has kids, cooks and works out, why can't I at least try? Thank you again and sorry about the threadjack.
__________________
1st GOAL - to weigh 200 by July 5 2014

2nd GOAL - to weigh 175 by Nov 2014

3rd GOAL - to weigh 165 by Dec 2014


4th GOAL - to weigh 150 by 9/19/15 When I turn 55.
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.