Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #1141
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ok T getting worried for real now, are you OK????
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #1142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Ok T getting worried for real now, are you OK????
I'm wondering about her and Ileen both!!!! Where are our exercise information booths????
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #1143

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Ileen fine.. just very busy
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #1144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: workingmomof3
Stats: 233/228/155
WOE: JUDD/starting 5/5/14 officially
tywla??? You Okay?

Kim
workingmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #1145

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Hey, guys. I'm among the living, just have been away from the boards for a variety of reasons. Mostly been busy, but while juggling the busy-ness, felt that I needed to unplug a bit.

I've been incredibly busy at work lately, working on getting transcripts out in a 14-year-old murder case, so that's been a bit demanding, on top of my regular court docket. Just... stuff. Life.

Then ended up having some issues with my hip, and that set me back for a while, still trying to figure out what's going on with that, but at least I am able to walk a little bit and made it to the gym today in the first time in over a week. MERCY how I've missed working out and being with my network of friendships there. Makes me SO much more appreciative of good health when I have it. We all take it for granted far more than we realize.

Resting my hip threw me for a loop. I don't like "resting" much. Makes me crazy. Sitting is not something I like doing much. I found myself sitting down this past week in the evenings watching TV -- something I rarely do deliberately -- thinking, hmm....what? TV? Shouldn't I be doing something right now? Almost a feeling of guilt. TV is pretty much a waste of time, as I soon found out after 3-4 days of not being able to do anything in the evenings. I don't get it. I think I'd rather read. And I did do some of that.

I sat in the sauna today after my UB workout for about 25 mins. Felt wonderful. I wanna go back and hang out in there again later if I can work it in. Busy getting ready for hosting Bunco at my house tomorrow evening -- cleaning, preparing, planning menu, etc. Glad to have the day off to get all of this stuff done.

Having my whey shake right now, listening to tunes, and planning the rest of the afternoon/evening.

We dodged the bullet with the snow storm we were supposed to have gotten. It's actually sunny and mild today. It's a sweet tease for what's to come...I'm so ready for spring!

Nothing much more to report.

Next on the schedule: Marinade the chicken for grilling tonight, then head to the store for a few groceries.

Until the next time...keep moving!

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #1146

Aw T I am sorry your hip is hurting I have a pulled hamstring and it is killing me but I am trying to do all I can before this surgery, tell me about it, 2 months of sitting that is going to drive me nuts!!! I have been buying books with my points on amazon to read!

Love the pic of you! Glad you are OK, and totally get needing a break!

Have fun with your Bunco game tonight! I love that!!!

Hugs!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Hey Twyla....Sorry about your hip! Hope it gets better real soon. Glad to hear from ya and that you are doing good!!!

Have a good week and take care of yourself!!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1148

Thanks, Amber and Kristi, on the hip well wishes. It's improved drastically. Still a little stiff in the mornings, but it's manageable and seems to continue to improve.

I attempted the foam roller thing last night at the gym, after being shown by my prep coach, and that felt really good. I may have to try doing that regularly. Works wonders. I'm Johnny-Come-Lately on implementing that option. Better late than never.

~~~~~~~~~

Well, here I sit, Friday evening, my favorite weekday, when I would ordinarily be having a glass of wine (or 2), but the jury is out deliberating, and instead I'm stuck in my office until they announce they've reached a verdict.

It's been a long week, and I've only made it to the gym twice this week, so I was hoping to be able to go after work. May not get there after all.

I seem to have gotten an extra wind beneath my wings lately in terms of energy. Maybe that rest did me some good. I'm all raring to go again, and it's brought clarity to not only my workouts but to all of my fitness goals in general.

So I guess I'll read a little, surf the net a little, and wait for the verdict.

I'm too brain dead to work on transcripts right now. After four days of trial, and it being Friday, I'm calling it quits for "work."
Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #1149

Oh T that sucks sitting at work on a Friday night! I went to hot yoga for happy hour, I wish I could drink, I just am so afraid on this slippery slope I am on trying to lose weight! I hope you get out soon and your hip continues to improve!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hey T how are you? I'm still here and doing good. Thanks to a good friend!!

I have a wee question - I wanna do proper LC...However I plan on starting P90x on Monday. What would be the best approach to take? How can I work out and still LC? Is there some sort of literature anywhere that you think would be beneficial? Or a thread?

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

GP x
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Hey T how are you? I'm still here and doing good. Thanks to a good friend!!

I have a wee question - I wanna do proper LC...However I plan on starting P90x on Monday. What would be the best approach to take? How can I work out and still LC? Is there some sort of literature anywhere that you think would be beneficial? Or a thread?

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

GP x
Hey, girl! So glad to hear that you're doing so well and staying focused -- and starting P90X?

I see no reason why you can't stick with proper LC (keto) and go through with p90X. Many people seem to do just fine lifting/training on keto diets. Some people find they get too depleted after a bit of time and find that a higher carb day helps them reset and keep progressing.

I would recommend that you keep a training log, recording all your workouts, your exercises, sets, reps, etc., what you ate that day, water levels, and be sure to note your energy levels each day that you work out. Note whether you're able to train progressively from week to week. Are you getting stronger? These are all very telling of how your diet is either working for or against you.

Give it a try and see how it goes. If you find that you need a higher carb day some day, OR, if you just wanna have a wee bit of carbs before and after your workouts if you hit a wall at some point, just play with it and see where it takes you.

I'm just thrilled that you are beginning the program. I know a lot of people who have trained with that program and have made remarkable changes in their bodies. You can too and I know you will. Because you want it that bad....DON'T YOU?

Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #1152

I made it to the gym today and had a fabulous workout. Did circuits, giant sets, and had no issues with my hip. It's pretty much resolved. Just very faint soreness when I first get up in the morning.

Got in over a gallon of water today. Today was a low day in rotations. Good energy today, even now at this crazy hour, when I would normally be in bed by now. I'm wide awake for some reason. So here I am, writing about it.

All systems go. Full steam ahead...

I'm jacked that I can get on with life and get down to business, preparing for summertime styles and body-conscious clothing. It's crunch time, and time IS a wasting. I'm on the clock for the countdown to summer. But I know what to do, how to do it, and I have a mission. Build it, dream it, plan it, do it.

I WILL BE READY FOR SUMMER with MY PERSONAL BEST.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #1153

Ummm T I would say you are summer ready!!! LOL You look fabulous!!! I might be calling you to borrow your bikini, LOL!!!! Seriously I am so ready to just feel normal after this surgery!! I want to go to the pool and not be ina covered up mumu, although I still have my nasty leg skin which I guess I am going to have to deal with, LOL

How am I going to sit for almost a month and 2 months of not lifting, ughgh but at least I can be really strict low carb, high protein and that in itsself might help me get some more weight off so when I go back I can really hit it!

I do want to eat some fruits and veggies for healing though.

I like your little sayings those little visual reinforcements are so great, I have lots of ab pictures around the house, LOL

Glad to see you back, I need prayers for Friday ---surgery at 8:00 and I am fighting off a cold, this surgery is so much closure for me with all this dieting and changes I dont want to have to cancel so I am praying I can knock this out of me!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #1154

Quote:
Ummm T I would say you are summer ready!!! LOL You look fabulous!!! I might be calling you to borrow your bikini, LOL!!!! Seriously I am so ready to just feel normal after this surgery!! I want to go to the pool and not be ina covered up mumu, although I still have my nasty leg skin which I guess I am going to have to deal with, LOL

How am I going to sit for almost a month and 2 months of not lifting, ughgh but at least I can be really strict low carb, high protein and that in itsself might help me get some more weight off so when I go back I can really hit it!

I do want to eat some fruits and veggies for healing though.

I like your little sayings those little visual reinforcements are so great, I have lots of ab pictures around the house, LOL

Glad to see you back, I need prayers for Friday ---surgery at 8:00 and I am fighting off a cold, this surgery is so much closure for me with all this dieting and changes I dont want to have to cancel so I am praying I can knock this out of me!!!!
Amber, thank you for your comments. That pic is obviously one taken during the few days surrounding my competition, when I WAS in the my personal best shape, and I just added that to my journal as a reminder to myself of what I am capable of, to inspire me to stay on track and be ready for summer. But thank you.

And my vision board, as a friend calls it, is part of that inspiration that motivates me daily. I will be adding to it all along. It makes it fun to stare at while doing ellip cardio in the a.m.

Yes, I know you are worried about sitting for a long time, not lifting for a long time. Understandly, I too would be thinking those very same things. Keeping low carb as much as possible while you recover is a good approach. You are going to be so happy and proud with your new lease on life as a result of the surgery.

As for prayers, you ABSOLUTELY will be in my prayers. Don't doubt that for a second. I will pray this week that God will strengthen and heal your body in the days preceding your surgery so that you can face that time with peace of mind, confident that you are in Good Hands, and that you need to place your faith and trust WHERE IT COMES FROM, the Lord above. That is not something we can buy at the store or manufacture on our own, or dig out of a magazine. It comes from within our hearts, planted there by a deep faith in God, and nourished to GROW by feeding it every day.

Remember that.

It will pull you through EVERY obstacle.

Hope you have a wonderful day, my friend. Hugs.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Twyla!

Trying to get back on the bandwagon and thought it was time to head back to LCF. So good to see you on here. You look amazing!!!
Danipower714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #1156

T wanted to thank you for your kind words for my surgery!! You always have the best things to say I have prayed so hard on this and feel like it is the right thing, I feel confident with my doc and that is all I can do faith and prayer !!!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #1157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hello beautiful...!

Yeh I absolutely do want this!! I am going to be fit and thin(ner) by summer. Thanks for your advice as always.

Much much love.

ME xx
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
Twyla!

Trying to get back on the bandwagon and thought it was time to head back to LCF. So good to see you on here. You look amazing!!!

Dani!

It's GREAT to see YOU on here. You know that LCF is a great place for support and encouragement from friends who care and who "get it." I think of you often, Dani...

I've visited your blog now and then, and I love reading about little Lucas. I hope you are all well and that you have been enjoying Motherhood, one of life's greatest blessings.

Hope we can catch up.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #1159

Quote:
T wanted to thank you for your kind words for my surgery!! You always have the best things to say I have prayed so hard on this and feel like it is the right thing, I feel confident with my doc and that is all I can do faith and prayer !!!
You
Are
Welcome.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Hello beautiful...!

Yeh I absolutely do want this!! I am going to be fit and thin(ner) by summer. Thanks for your advice as always.

Much much love.

ME xx
Then let this be your morning mantra.

Every day.

No exceptions.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 AM   #1161

Waking up for the ____ time when the alarm sounded this morning, I feared that I may have a rough day later and end up falling asleep while trying to work productively. Crazy. Awake several times last night. Mostly from scratchy throat sinus related issues, some from being too warm, then I had to pee. Then...

And dreams. Lots of dreams. Connected and disconnected. And I remember waking up once or twice thinking: Was that a dream? Or is this real? That's a bizarre feeling, trying to distinguish dreams from reality when you fall into it that deeply. Helplessly.

After gathering my workout clothes and heading downstairs for coffee, I began to hear the sounds of Mother Nature's symphony outside, and I knew that my plans for a morning run would be on the back burner. So. What now, T? Well, how about a little kickboxing with Turbo Jam. Deal.

But not until a good dose of coffee...never before coffee.

Nothing EVER before coffee.

Seeing evidence of results from a keener focus on diet and strategic workouts, I'm jacked as I progress in the direction of realized goals. Clothes are such friendly incentives and rewards, with far more integrity than a peek at a scale. It feeds my passion, plants a feeling of agelessness within me. And as that energy feeds my passion, I feel the power that comes from my focus on what DRIVES me. Power. It's truly a feeling of power. An empowerment, a green-light confirmation of every choice, every sacrifice.

I'm ready for another day.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #1162

Aww T Tony has been battling sleep issues lately, so I know how you feel I hear it all the time!!! Glad the workouts are productive and you are feeling good about yourself!!!

Hugs!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #1163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Dani!

You know that LCF is a great place for support and encouragement from friends who care and who "get it." I think of you often, Dani...

So true! I am definitely going to be more of a presence of LCF. You and others were so helpful and supportive to me in the past and thank you for thinking of me! I am so inspired by you!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #1164

Have been struggling with body aches and horrible coughing all week, and it seems to linger on and on. I really miss having my energy. It's been difficult to concentrate and/or focus, and I ended up staying home yesterday and getting extra rest. It would have been a waste of time trying to get any work done at the office, the way my head has felt.

I feel a little better this morning. Hoping to go for a walk. I miss my workouts at the gym SO MUCH. I was able to do about 30 mins of Callanetics yesterday afternoon, and as usual, my muscles felt wonderful when I was finished. I felt stronger, less tight, a bit more energized. Relaxed. All of it.

I'd like to think I could try to go to the gym this afternoon, but I'll wait and make that call later today.

Better get going....

Old 03-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feel better soon T! Take it easy!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danipower714 View Post
Feel better soon T! Take it easy!
Thanks, Dani.

My first day back at the gym finally, after an entire week of nasty yuck, aches and coughing, was on Saturday. Exhilarating. Good health is everything.

The coughing lingers, but far more in control than last week.

I'm definitely on the mend.

Gotta go hunt you down and find out how you're doing this week.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #1167

Oh T I know, I would give anything to be able to go to the gym!!! Sorry you were sick!!! Hope this week is better it is suppose to be warm here all week, Spring is coming
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 224.2/184/125 5' 52 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 4/17/14
Hey there!! Wanted to let you know I'm Baaaaack In horrible shape <life got in the way> But I aim to get it all going on again

I Love your pics and am SO Proud of you!!!

*Hugs*
Tashi
Tashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
Hey there!! Wanted to let you know I'm Baaaaack In horrible shape <life got in the way> But I aim to get it all going on again

I Love your pics and am SO Proud of you!!!

*Hugs*
Tashi
TASHI!

How frikkin long has it been? You're back!?!?

I'M SO GLAD to see you back here. I had looked back into my first journal not too awful long ago and had read some of our exchanges, and it made me think of you, wondering how in the WORLD you were.

I have missed you.

I truly have.

I hope you are well, and I would love to hear from you. PM me, if you can, are willing, and let me know what's up with you, woman.

I'm honored that you looked me up.

Thanks for the kudos. "From the heart."

Look forward to kickin your ass back into gear.

Hugs
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1170