Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #1111
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
As for ME, Wise-Wondering-Journal of Mine...Ugh.

Really struggling, having seemed to have slipped even further into a funk.

It has put me on a one-step-forward, two-steps-back track.

Can't get my momentrum back, and I don't like how I feel at all.

Hoping that the extra sleep from last night (I went to bed at 7:30!) may have given me the reset that I need to move forward, feel better, more energetic, happier, focused -- whatever.

GET.IT.TOGETHER. T
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 03:01 AM   #1112

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Aw T I am sorry you are not feeling yourself, did you ever go and talk to someone? I think you had mentioned you might try that? Our winters do not help either, I swear everyday being cold and grey totally gets me in a bad mood. I hope you can get back to feeling better, do you think you have menopausal issues that might be making you feel funky? Those darn hormones reek havoc with us.
Feel better!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #1113

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

Hoping that the extra sleep from last night (I went to bed at 7:30!) may have given me the reset that I need to move forward, feel better, more energetic, happier, focused -- whatever.

GET.IT.TOGETHER. T
T
step back and just hit maintenance and let things ride for a while.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #1114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:

GET.IT.TOGETHER. T
I am sending a big hug from Georgia your way T....

I am so sorry that you are in this "funk", I truly wish I had the words to say that would snap you out of it. Maybe the sleep will put you in the direction of funklessness.... I'm sure it isn't a word, but you kwim!

Thanks for the advice on cardio. I am tracking and I am putting this into my exercise routine.

Have a great day....
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #1115

In the past week I have learned that time out, unplugged from my normal routine, both literally and figuratively, has helped me to self-reboot and has given a returned sense of focus to my health and fitness agenda. It was alarming to me that the week following Christmas and New Year's was the nexus of my "funk," one that seemed inordinately insurmountable. I've been in a funk before. I know what it's like. And I know that they pass, if given a little time while gathering around me from my arsenal pieces of knowledge and guidance from my past, that when applied to my gray matter after first passing through "the heart," pull me effectively out of that well of gloom, doom and despondency.

But this is the first time that my "funk" experience has lasted for a month.

I wanted to attribute it to a myriad of reasons. Analytically, there HAD to be a cause (or causes) for this prolonged malaise: seasonal blues, missing people, restlessness, general depression, age, burnout, boredom ... to name a few.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but it has certainly made me reanalyze (oh how I love to analyze) what this whole funk has been about and why: I haven't had a full blown visit from TOM since the month before my competition. I attributed this to my age, assuming I had reached the end of that agonizing tunnel of torture that we women trek through for most of our lives. I was relieved. IT'S OVER. This is good. Life is good. No more horrendous mood swings, horrendous cravings, body aches, face breakouts, etc. Smooth sailing, assuming that other known side effects of menopause would be far easier to deal with. (Sounds a little self-righteous; I should be careful what I say)

As my month-long funk that begin the week following Christmas drug on and on, seeming to get worse instead of better, I was quick to blame it on other things that made more sense to me.

Now I know.

This past Friday, when I woke up to get ready for work, had my morning coffee, I felt noticeably happier. HUH? Why? What is this feeling, this general "bliss" thing I'm feeling? I dismissed it and left for work. Driving to work, that feeling carried on, noticeably. The sky seemed brighter, the world a happier place. The "music" was all around me in a wonderful crescendo of celebration. I did not know what to think of this. And this feeling stayed with me throughout the day Friday, even during a heated deposition that lasted far longer than anyone expected it would, there I was, calm, controlled, on CRUISE, looking forward to Friday, the weekend, feeling great inside/out...it was as if someone had slipped me a "happy" pill, extra strength. Yep. An internal switch had definitely been flipped.

Is was then that I began to reanalyze: What is this? I feel pretty good again, the storm in me had calmed, I can see the horizon again, I have energy again...etc. Why? I then realized that for over a week I had had all the signs: body ache(s) and pain; face breakouts; insatiable hunger and cravings; tenderness; increased mood swings; bloating. That was all gone now. Could it be....?

Sure enough, I get visited on Saturday morning.

Happy news? Not exactly.

But on the other hand, it was a huge relief to me, feeling normal again and seeing more clearly than I had in over a month, that horrible opaque veil had been lifted. I'm back. This is ME.

I'm now wondering if missing TOM for two months had more to do with my rather drastic plunge in body fat during competition, causing it to go away temporarily, or even mess with me post-competition hormonally, that that is what I was going through, my body fighting to get back to balance.

I don't know. And for right now, I don't even care to think about it.

All I do care about is that I feel normal again, now going on the third day. My energy is back. The sky really is brighter, I'm sure of it.

Yes, it's still winter, as gray as Gotham City. Yes, I'm still a little burnt out and desperately need a getaway.

But that's all tolerable ... everyone goes through it and we call upon the typical coping mechanisms that manage us through those things.

But I HAVE -- MOST DEFINITELY HAVE -- experienced a breakthrough. My workout at the gym on Saturday was fabulous, powerful. Even walking through those doors I KNEW that it would be. I just had that feeling. "Oh, oh, sometimes...I get a good feeling..." Yes, that. And as I made my way over to the free weight section - my defaulted “personal space” -- the owner, who was training a client at the time, looked up at me, smiled a broad smile, and said, "Look out...Twyla's in the house."

YES, WORLD Look out. I'm back in the house and ready to kick butt with a vengeance.

Let's get on with the show.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #1116

T- I am glad you are feeling better!!!! I am sure the missing periods have to do with you dieting and lowering your body fat, I have had an IUD and never got bleeding for 7 years as soon as I started LCing and really losing weight I spot all the time, it is annoying my OB said weight loss, exercise all contribute to that and until things slow down I will see this.

Bottom line T is you know the cause now, and things are looking up, I think Spring time cant come soon enough for us back here!!!!

I am glad you are feeling better!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #1117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: workingmomof3
Stats: 233/228/155
WOE: JUDD/starting 5/5/14 officially
Twyla - I most definitely go thru exactly this... 48 here and the storm that precedes w/the malaise, then fired up ready to take on every irritation (the small things, dishes, not taking out the trash, etc...), aggitation and then the calm of its arrival...feeling back to normal... I have often wondered - how will I come out of this 'spin' when I no longer have my cycle? I don't know the answer - I do want to look into it...

enjoy the relief and energy - Life is good!

Kim
workingmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- I am glad you are feeling better!!!! I am sure the missing periods have to do with you dieting and lowering your body fat, I have had an IUD and never got bleeding for 7 years as soon as I started LCing and really losing weight I spot all the time, it is annoying my OB said weight loss, exercise all contribute to that and until things slow down I will see this.

Bottom line T is you know the cause now, and things are looking up, I think Spring time cant come soon enough for us back here!!!!

I am glad you are feeling better!!!!
Yes, Amber, comfort in knowing that I wasn't TOTALLY losing my mind. It was almost a relief (Relieved for TOM's arrival? That's a first!) to know that I COULD lay blame on the hormonal issues.

I fought them all afternoon yesterday. Sunday's are the most difficult for me, esp during TOM. I always make the mistake of not eating balanced/enuf before church, then come home starved and end up grazing the rest of the day. Ugh.

You are right about everyone waiting no-so-patiently for spring, and we haven't even had any snow!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomof3 View Post
Twyla - I most definitely go thru exactly this... 48 here and the storm that precedes w/the malaise, then fired up ready to take on every irritation (the small things, dishes, not taking out the trash, etc...), aggitation and then the calm of its arrival...feeling back to normal... I have often wondered - how will I come out of this 'spin' when I no longer have my cycle? I don't know the answer - I do want to look into it...

enjoy the relief and energy - Life is good!

Kim
"Spin." Good word choice, Kim. Yes, and I know, EVEN the small things. Like the dryer knob falling off and having to guess at which cycle to turn on, and then discovering that two of my favorite blouses come out "fried." Not good timing AT ALL. I've said it before, we all should be exiled somewhere at those times and just fight it out in solitude, spare everyone else the agony. At least I'd get my "me time" fix.

Hope you're handling the winter okay...??? How's the knee?

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-30-2012 at 02:41 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #1120

Love this picture of Dara, one of my long-standing role models. This one especially inspires me. It is POWERFUL. SHE is powerful.

I am seeking all sources of inspiration today, this week. Visualization is one of the best. This one suits me just perfectly to start out my work week.

Having just had coffee while allowing two frozen Protein Fudge Bites to melt slowly in my mouth and then washing them down with my java...I'm getting the best of both worlds...my chocolate fix and my morning energy jolt. Indulgence without the guilt.

I'll begin the day with some Callanetics, then take on some morning cardio. Tonight is gym night.

My choices today lie squarely with me, my heart and my conscience.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #1121

Have a good week T, it is suppose to hit 60 here, in Feb that is crazy!!!! I think this weather is making us all crazy!!! LOL

Here is to a good week, I think the darn smokes are behind me now its back to induction this week and trying to get my weight back under control and the snacking I want to do out of my head, I thought I was going to go crazy at the grocery store, I just wanted to rip open every bag of bad salty crunchy food and eat it, I guess it is the not smoking, so I am hoping induction will help curb those feelings, my lifting wont be so good, but I am going to try anyways!

Here is to a productive week!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Twyla!!! I am so glad that you are feeling so much better!! Who would know that TOM could mean so much!!! We women have it so rough!!! I am happy that you are back and focused in. I was missing you! You are such an inspiration, a wealth of knowledge, and a gentle nudge in my head when I am feeling not so up to working out....

Hope you have a great day.....
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Good Morning Twyla!!! ....you are back and focused in. I was missing you! You are such an inspiration, a wealth of knowledge, and a gentle nudge in my head when I am feeling not so up to working out....

Hope you have a great day.....
Backatcha, Kristi.

It's the start of a new week, so let's start it off right and get it done, shall we? Find you some motivating TUNES, crank 'em up, and set fire to that body of yours.

May I suggest one for you? (It's nice to be in control of the VOLUME KNOB on this one!) How could this NOT make ya WANNA move?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #1124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Backatcha, Kristi.

It's the start of a new week, so let's start it off right and get it done, shall we? Find you some motivating TUNES, crank 'em up, and set fire to that body of yours.

May I suggest one for you? (It's nice to be in control of the VOLUME KNOB on this one!) How could this NOT make ya WANNA move?

Adele Rumour Has It (offical video) - YouTube
I love this song!!!

I am going to start working on my workout for this afternoon. I got a training journal and I love it. I am trying to do ~2 workouts per these muscle groups.....biceps, triceps, back shoulders, chest, legs, and abs. I warm up with a little something, workout and do ~15-20 minutes cardio. I need to add this song to my ipod. I really enjoy her music. And like you said, who wouldn't want to get up and move with this song.

I wanted to tell you that I thought of you this weekend. My DH and I were at a store and my DH was looking at some shoes. He has neuropathy and has tremendous pain, burning, etc in his feet. Well, the gentlemen at the store was extremely knowledgible about the feet. He referred to the body types of people....endomorphs, ectomorph, and mesomorph in relation to their feet and as to the type of shoe that one should wear. I thought this was very interesting. A few months ago, I would have been like, what the heck is he talking about....but thanks to you, I knew exactly what he was referring to!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:28 AM   #1125

Quote:
I love this song!!!

I am going to start working on my workout for this afternoon. I got a training journal and I love it. I am trying to do ~2 workouts per these muscle groups.....biceps, triceps, back shoulders, chest, legs, and abs. I warm up with a little something, workout and do ~15-20 minutes cardio. I need to add this song to my ipod. I really enjoy her music. And like you said, who wouldn't want to get up and move with this song.

I wanted to tell you that I thought of you this weekend. My DH and I were at a store and my DH was looking at some shoes. He has neuropathy and has tremendous pain, burning, etc in his feet. Well, the gentlemen at the store was extremely knowledgible about the feet. He referred to the body types of people....endomorphs, ectomorph, and mesomorph in relation to their feet and as to the type of shoe that one should wear. I thought this was very interesting. A few months ago, I would have been like, what the heck is he talking about....but thanks to you, I knew exactly what he was referring to!!!!
Kristi, we should compare playlists, huh? You KNOW I love me some good training/cardio tunes!

Glad you learned something new. It's supposed to be that way. Just think how much you will have added to your gray matter one year from now, and shared with others, everyone gets to benefit, and the fire spreads. Pay it forward. Always. Love ya, girl.

On guard for today? You ready for it? Of course you are. Bring it on.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #1126

I took a nap for about 20 mins in my office floor yesterday around 2:00. It was either that, or drop face first onto my keyboard.

After gym last night (which, btw, I did not have the usual energy due to TOM, so I did less weight, less volume, but gave it my best), I yummed my Gaspari shake with blueberries, then had a cottage cheese blizzard for dinner --- because it's what I was craving --- then eaglerly hit the sack. EXHAUSTED. Slept one half hour later this morning. I will be a tad later going in today, but shouldn't be an issue.

Finishing up with post training cardio last night at the gym, I looked over to see my son jumping rope -- he resembled a humming bird. Impressive. But it made me tired watching him. I'll be glad when this week is over. (insert yawning/achey smiley)

Callanetics and cardio for today. Callanetics does wonders for my body during TOM. ESPECIALLY during TOM.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #1127

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
YES, WORLD Look out. I'm back in the house and ready to kick butt with a vengeance.

booyah!!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm now wondering if missing TOM for two months had more to do with my rather drastic plunge in body fat during competition, causing it to go away temporarily, or even mess with me post-competition hormonally, that that is what I was going through, my body fighting to get back to balance.
T you cant keep bf down that low. The free time served to bring your body back to a more natural comfortable wt , even if we dont like it visually. Tweaking your body with some NATURAL progesterone (see a dr that does BHRT) will help with those wild swings/pms. Let me know if you want more info on it.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #1128

T- sounds like you needed a nap, that darn jumping rope is hard!!! Geez I do it for like 2 minutes at a time and I am dead, LOL Hope you feel better, hormones suck!!!! Being a woman is hard, like we have kids, periods, menopause, men have it so easy!!! LOL
Old 02-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post

booyah!!!!!!!

T you cant keep bf down that low. The free time served to bring your body back to a more natural comfortable wt , even if we dont like it visually. Tweaking your body with some NATURAL progesterone (see a dr that does BHRT) will help with those wild swings/pms. Let me know if you want more info on it.
Yeah, Ileen, I'm fully aware that I can't keep bf that low, nor would I want to necessarily. Going that low was goal specific, competition. I'm only interested in keeping my weight maintained to no more than 7 or 8 lbs above what I competed at, which is a very normal weight for my height and build. I think that this past "adjustment" thing that I went through with my hormones just made getting there and keeping it there far more challenging.

I'm a little hesitant about taking meds, natural or otherwise. I've read up a little on natural progesterone, but I certainly don't claim to know all there is to know about it. I am more interested for now in trying to manage my weight/moods/emotional health and overall female health with diet and exercise, vitamins, ample rest, and trying to surround myself with positive people and circumstances, etc. Let's see how Super T manages to pull this off. LOL

All that said, I am always eager to arm myself with knowledge. It's a proactive mindset to embrace one's hurdles with as much knowledge and info as you can, obviously. Anything that you have that you think might be helpful, sure, I would welcome reading up on it. And thank you.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #1130

(My newest "word art photo" creation.)
Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #1131

Ohhh T I like that quote, that is a good one, it is the one that gets you back on track, it just made me bawl, gosh I am an emotional mess these days!
Yeah the hormonal changes are a royal PIA, you will get it figured out!

Have a good day T!!!!

Ileen- I am doing it I am having surgery on my tummy 3/2!!! I am excited and scared but hoping it will make a world of difference!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Ohhh T I like that quote, that is a good one, it is the one that gets you back on track, it just made me bawl, gosh I am an emotional mess these days!
Yeah the hormonal changes are a royal PIA, you will get it figured out!
Yes, Amber, I know what you mean about being an emotional mess. I get like that at times too, and I'm sure some of it is hormonal as well. I can be driving down the road, and I'll hear a song on the radio and start to cry, no stopping it. Emotions are triggered rather easily for some people I guess.

But I agree, this perspective on courage... it makes good sense.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #1133

It's been a good week for me, regaining my focus little by little. My moodiness has lifted a bit.

Sometimes I find that it has to be mind over matter. Not always easy, but it is what it is.

I've kept carbs rather low all week, fat a little higher, protein high as usual. My workouts haven't been my best this week, due to aches and pains and such associated with the hormonal thing, but I've stayed at it and put in the time at least. Last night at the gym was my best so far this week, and I set out to FRY my delts with higher volume circuits; that and abs. Then followed up with s/s cardio.

It's been so incredibly mild, and I took advantage of that on Tuesday evening and went for a run. I like trying to guess when my second wind is gonna hit when I go for a run. Being on low carbs, my endurance isn't as good, but it seems once I hit that sweet spot, I'm home free for the most part. Having some new tunes to listen to helps too.

I downloaded an oldie but goodie the other day too... Mandolin Wind, Rod Stewart. It's not your typical "workout" song, but it's a good one to listen to while running, getting lost in the music. I'm weird I guess.

Speaking of music, I've pretty much finished my latest project, repainting my downstairs half bath, and I've decorated it in a jazz/music theme. Found a few pieces of art showcasing jazz musicians, an abstract cityscape background in one. I've done a some word art on the walls. Deep brick red walls, black accents and touches of warm gold and brass. Love it. I smile when I step back and take it in. It's ME. The only thing left is to paint an abstract music score and eighth note on the wall behind one of the prints, trailing out either side.

Life is a canvas.

We are the artist.

What we create comes from our mind, our heart.

Yes. And today is my open canvas...
Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #1134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Kristi, we should compare playlists, huh? You KNOW I love me some good training/cardio tunes!
I have mainly 80's stuff on my iPod. I was so far behind the times about ipods and such until I got my iphone. I need to download some new tunes!!! The music that I have on mine is from my SIL. Do you have any suggestions. I so love some good moving music as well!!! I am usually jamming when I am at the gym. I wonder some time if it's too loud, but I really don't care.

I can't remember if I told you that I got a workout journal and I am loving it. I have been writing down the seven muscle groups that I need to work on (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, abs, legs, and back) daily and searching the internet, Oxygen, BFL, and New Rules of Lifting for exercises. I am so enjoying it! I still incorporate the machines and the cables some time. I really like the cable machine, but I am still a little intimidated... I am scared that my form is not quite right!

Glad you are feeling better!! Hope you have a great day!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #1135

Quote:
I have mainly 80's stuff on my iPod. I was so far behind the times about ipods and such until I got my iphone. I need to download some new tunes!!! The music that I have on mine is from my SIL. Do you have any suggestions. I so love some good moving music as well!!! I am usually jamming when I am at the gym. I wonder some time if it's too loud, but I really don't care.

I can't remember if I told you that I got a workout journal and I am loving it. I have been writing down the seven muscle groups that I need to work on (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, abs, legs, and back) daily and searching the internet, Oxygen, BFL, and New Rules of Lifting for exercises. I am so enjoying it! I still incorporate the machines and the cables some time. I really like the cable machine, but I am still a little intimidated... I am scared that my form is not quite right!
Kristi, I love 80's tunes too -- in fact, my kids do too -- and I prefer 80's stuff over today's stuff hands down. I get really annoyed with the lack of TRUE talent in today's pop musicians. So much of it really lacks substantive talent.

I'll dig my list together (I change it up often) and throw out some suggestions for you.

(I'm listening to Adele's "21" CD at the moment!)

Glad to hear that you're keeping a journal to keep track of your workouts. That's the best approach. You'll be able to see the gains/progress you've made month after month.

In terms of targeting chest back and lats, one superset that I like doing is combining lat pulldowns (cable) with dumbbell pullovers, 10-12 reps of each, 4 sets, no resting between the exercises but resting about 45 seconds after doing one set of each exercise. These are great for targeting the upper back and lats esp, which gives you the coveted "V" that helps to make your waist appear smaller.

Here's a link (hope it works) that shows how to do the pullovers. Be careful to not go too heavy with the DB when you first begin, and then work up when you're comfortable doing 12 reps. Really focus on your lats for both exercises, contracting and feeling the energy coming from your lats. (Mind to muscle) Situate yourself close to the lat pulldown cable for this superset to make it time efficient and to cut down on rest time between them.

Hope ya like this. You can add another back/lat exercise to it later for giant sets and really burn 'em out for a good KA workout.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 02-02-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #1136

Oh T I am glad you are feeling better!! The bathroom sounds lovely!!! It is great to have a room that totally reflects your personality and the things you love! I hope we get a house I can have my woman cave, LOL A space that is all mine to clutter and fill with stuff I love!

Kristie- I love the cable machines too, I love how you can do so much stuff with them, I agree about form, sometimes even with my trainer it is the slightest adjustment that makes all the difference, I wish I knew the names of stuff to tell you, the problem with the trainer is I have gotten lazy I don't know what I am doing, how much weight I just follow, that is bad in some ways! But I always feel hulkish doing the cables, I like that, LOL

T it has been nice out two days of 61 that is crazy crazy temp, now they said it is suppose to get cold again, yuck!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #1137

This place gets a 10. Stopped here after work yesterday afternoon for brew and pizza, my cheat meal of the week,
having kept it to low to very low carbs all week.
I've been hearing great reviews about this place, and I have to admit,
it's pretty damn good pizza!
Huge beer list.

They serve 15 different kinds of pizza on their menu -- we ordered their Chicken Gouda ... omg...DELISH! AND THEY EVEN SERVE RIOJA!

Friday was a rest day. Only did 10 mins of cardio and about 15 mins of Callanetic stretches.

Back at the gym today, going easy on both back and legs -- nursing both my pulled groin muscle and a pulled back muscle from earlier in the week. So I decided to do heavy cardio, delts & abs. Warmed up with 10 mins s/s cardio, then 20 mins of PUSHIN high intensity intervals, 30 mins of delts & abs circuits, then finished with another 20 mins of s/s cardio. Felt great when I left there.

I'm back to low carb for another stretch. I had one-half of my favorite protein bar on the market (Supreme Protein PB Crunch) before I hit the gym, and then a bit of carbs post workout. From here on out, low carb again until I'm able to really get back to serious lifting.

My newest download for my playlist -- a winner: Akon's Chammack Challo

Raining outside ... need to get absorbed in some projects. It's my girlfriend's birthday, and she owns a spa. I'm making her a sign for her spa. It will read:

CONTROL+ALT+DELETE

And I'll paint it to match the colors in her spa.

Still amazed at how mild it's been weather wise.

Until the next time...
Old 02-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #1138

Oh T how did I miss that you hurt yourself?? I hope you rest up and get to feeling better! That brew pub sounds good!!! Oh Pizza, man I have not eaten real pizza in over 18 months, that is one of those things along with chips that can be over done, LOL
Tony loves those supreme protein bars too, I like the peanut butter pretzel ones, those are good!!!
My goodness rest up and get to feeling better!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #1139

T-
where you hiding hun???

Wanted to wish you a Happy Valentines Day, hope you are OK????

Today is my pre op!!! I am getting nervous and excited!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #1140
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Twyla!!! Hope you are doing good!!!! Just missing ya!!