Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #1081
Senior LCF Member
 
kmcentire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 667
Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Hey T....The training is going good!! I am doing my research, trying new exercises, but I am like Amber in the fact that the scale is not moving. I am still a big girl at 196 and I know that I need to lose a lot more weight!!!

I am working on the diet. I am sure that this is my trouble. The right combos with carbs/pro/fat. I think that I am consuming too many carbs. Even though they are sweet pot, brown rice, whole wheat pita, or I assume these are good.....after talking with Amber, I think I was consuming too many!!! So I am tracking everything as of yesterday. This is so hard for me to remember, but I have just got to get in the routine of tracking. This is where part of my success lies and I have just GOT to do it!!!!

I love, love, love the weight training!!!! I don't want to miss it! Once I figure out the diet and how to tweek accordingly, it will just be fantastic!!! I usually work out alone and this is great for me. I can really focus without any distractions....well.... not unless there is some eye candy!!! Just kidding. I love my DH that I have at home. And he is my eye candy!!! I also enjoy having someone there to make sure that my form is correct and working out with other people gives me a boost of confidence to try something new that I wouldn't normally do by myself. I just can't believe that I am really doing it. I was so intimidated in the beginning and I still am if there is someone there that really seems to know what they are doing!!! But I think, how will I ever get to where I want to be, if I only stand here and wait until the "PERFECT" time (which never comes)..... I have to realize, my form may not be exact on everything that I do, I may not be lifting as much or too much on some things, but I am working it out!!!

I can't wait to work out with Ileen!!! After picking her brain......Man ole man....
__________________
Kristi
A GOAL without a PLAN is merely a WISH!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #1082
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Kristi- I know you are working so hard too, do not be embarrassed or self concious, I had to say F it I am going into this muscle head territory, fat a flapping, and I didnt care!!! LOL
Somehow we will get this diet figured out, that is the hardest part, finding what fuels us and what still allows us to lose, everyone is so different, even T and Ileen probably eat totally differently and work out differently but they found what works for them, although I think T will admit it took her some time too to figure it out, she worked hard for years on it, we want it in like 2 months, LOL

Like T said if we eat well, exercise hard, our cravings are under control we gotta be doing something right and good for us! One thing I notice the cravings are gone, I am not even thinking about anything which always happens when I keep my trap shut, one bite of something sugar laden it takes me a week to shake it!
__________________
http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wB47MwP/weight.png
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #1083
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Hey T....The training is going good!! I am doing my research, trying new exercises, but I am like Amber in the fact that the scale is not moving. I am still a big girl at 196 and I know that I need to lose a lot more weight!!!

I am working on the diet. I am sure that this is my trouble. The right combos with carbs/pro/fat. I think that I am consuming too many carbs. Even though they are sweet pot, brown rice, whole wheat pita, or I assume these are good.....after talking with Amber, I think I was consuming too many!!! So I am tracking everything as of yesterday. This is so hard for me to remember, but I have just got to get in the routine of tracking. This is where part of my success lies and I have just GOT to do it!!!!

I love, love, love the weight training!!!! I don't want to miss it! Once I figure out the diet and how to tweek accordingly, it will just be fantastic!!! I usually work out alone and this is great for me. I can really focus without any distractions....well.... not unless there is some eye candy!!! Just kidding. I love my DH that I have at home. And he is my eye candy!!! I also enjoy having someone there to make sure that my form is correct and working out with other people gives me a boost of confidence to try something new that I wouldn't normally do by myself. I just can't believe that I am really doing it. I was so intimidated in the beginning and I still am if there is someone there that really seems to know what they are doing!!! But I think, how will I ever get to where I want to be, if I only stand here and wait until the "PERFECT" time (which never comes)..... I have to realize, my form may not be exact on everything that I do, I may not be lifting as much or too much on some things, but I am working it out!!!

I can't wait to work out with Ileen!!! After picking her brain......Man ole man....
Kristi, I'm curious as to what progress you've made from what date to what date, the time you've been dieting and training. Just curious as to how long you have been "stalled." Everything is relative.

As for the carbs, yes, some people can eat more than others with no issues. That was one of the problems I had before, when I first began carb rotations, was that my high days apparently were TOO high, and it not only sometimes caused problems with cravings, but also with insulin and my body's reluctance to let go of the fat.

I'm sure that Ileen eats more carbs than I do on average. My high days during prep, I rarely ate over 150 carbs. They averaged 100-150. I would do three lows (50 or less) and then a high day. My calories stayed between 1500 and 1700 on average. This formula brought me success, but it did NOT bring me constant scale losses, keep that in mind. I had stalls. I even had upswings in weight periodically, even during times when I would have thought I'd see a lower number on the scale.

My carbs were very specific: sweet potatoes, brown rice, fruit. That's all, except for trace carbs here and there. Green veggies, all I wanted pretty much. Tons of protein. Lower in fat.

If your body thinks it's not getting enough calories, it's not gonna let go of the weight.

If you're eating too many carbs and they're not being used up (depends on energy expenditure and a host of other factors), you are more likely to store the extra as fat and cause stalls in weight loss.

Just a few things to consider.

And lastly, IMO you should be doing 3-4 days of cardio a week for fat loss. I know that Ileen doesn't agree, but I can see from her pics that Ileen is NOT an endomorph. Her legs are far tinier (even when she was heavy) than mine are, and her body shape is just different. It's a fact that endomorphs need more cardio for effective fat loss. And I found that keeping that cardio mixed up -- different forms, HIIT, etc., -- was equally effective.

(This image is a typical endomorph, note the heavier/curvier lower body.)



(Incidentally, from Amber's pics, I don't think Amber is a true 100% endormorph either. She doesn't carry the bulk of her weight in her legs/hips. She may be a mixture of a couple different body types.)

Keep adusting things as you go to find the right tweaks for YOUR BODY. Keep track of your cravings, your satiety, your energy levels, all of it. All of these can be very helpful tools to finding your way.

Hope this helps a little. It's only MY two cents' worth.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #1084
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Maybe I need my trainer to set physical goals for me to show me that I am making progress like lifting more or something maybe that would keep me going when things are so tough here.
Great idea!

Focus on your lean gains, your strength gains.

Ignore the scale for a while...
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #1085
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Sorry T...it looks just like you are standing in a muddy field and your jeans are muddy up to about your knees.

We women do always want what we can't have....

Kristi, I meant to explain about the "mud" pic also.

What you thought was mud is actually called "color splashing," a technique used in some photo software programs. It allows you to splash the digital image with color, leaving some of it black and white, or sepia, or whatever other color you want, while the rest of the pic is left in its natural state of color. It's an abstract "artistic" twist to a photo, if you will.

I was just playing around with my "inner artist" when I added color washing to that photo, leaving some of it black and white.

That explains why you may have thought it was mud.

The concrete pics? They were changed from color to sepia entirely. I'm crazy about sepia finish on photography, as many of the pics I have posted in my journal will prove. It's timeless and classic and it has a way of bringing narrowed focus on a subject matter of the photo rather than the busy and distracting details.

All for what it's worth.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #1086
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah T as the layers unfold it is funny what I find underneath--- my weight was always in my legs as a teen, even heavier I always had a flattish tummy pre baby- but after the vertical c-section incision everything I gained went straight to my gut! Ughggh!! If you look at my before I always say I am a tree trunk, its all spread out, LOL I was very curvy and hourglass as a younger teen, like I had bobbies in 3rd grade, I really think I hated being tall, I hated having boobs when no one else did that was part of the reason I packed it on so I could hide in it, and now I want to flaunt it but don't have it all back yet, LOL Even with this disgusting skin problem I can see an hourglass shape coming back my hips are 37", I mean I never thought anything would get below 40" on me ever!!!!

And here is a news flash, you know I was so bummed about that darn scale, one of my co workers who doesnt say much said, I guess you got over your hurdle and to your goal, you are looking really good! I said OMG Marco I needed to hear that today!!! I said I am not I am up, he said well you look thinner to me!!! He said you look so fit!! He was so nice, he will never know what that meant to me today! And now I got remember this outfit, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #1087
Senior LCF Member
 
Glamour P!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Co.Down, Northern Ireland
Posts: 971
Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Thank you xx
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #1088
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Yeah T as the layers unfold it is funny what I find underneath--- my weight was always in my legs as a teen, even heavier I always had a flattish tummy pre baby- but after the vertical c-section incision everything I gained went straight to my gut! Ughggh!! If you look at my before I always say I am a tree trunk, its all spread out, LOL I was very curvy and hourglass as a younger teen, like I had bobbies in 3rd grade, I really think I hated being tall, I hated having boobs when no one else did that was part of the reason I packed it on so I could hide in it, and now I want to flaunt it but don't have it all back yet, LOL Even with this disgusting skin problem I can see an hourglass shape coming back my hips are 37", I mean I never thought anything would get below 40" on me ever!!!!

And here is a news flash, you know I was so bummed about that darn scale, one of my co workers who doesnt say much said, I guess you got over your hurdle and to your goal, you are looking really good! I said OMG Marco I needed to hear that today!!! I said I am not I am up, he said well you look thinner to me!!! He said you look so fit!! He was so nice, he will never know what that meant to me today! And now I got remember this outfit, LOL
Yes, well, from the looks of many of your pics, your legs, in relation to the rest of your body look far smaller. That's my perception at least. I would bet money that you are not a true endomorph.

SUH-WEET .... ... on those feel-good compliments that keep comin' atcha. TOLD YA! Progress is happening, my dear.

But....ON A THIRSTIER NOTE...I just got out of the courtroom, where a thought occurred to me that I wanted to share at my next opportunity.

Water.

You're doing all of that hot yoga stuff (Bikram) -- and sweating like a mother. Did you know that we're supposed to drink even MORE water than we normally drink when exercising in hot conditions, and even exercising period, because otherwise our bodies will retain even MORE fluid?

So just how much water are you currently drinking daily on yoga days?
Quote:
How Much Should You Drink?

Follow these guidelines:

Before exercise: Drink one to two cups (eight to 16 ounces) of fluid two hours before exercise to make sure you are well hydrated. Then drink another one-half to one cup immediately before exercise.

During exercise: Drink one-half to one cup every 15 to 20 minutes during exercise. Although this might seem tough at first, once you schedule it into your regular training routine, you will quickly adapt to having fluid in your stomach. In fact, the fuller your stomach is, the faster it will empty.

After exercise: Replace any fluid you have lost. Drink two cups of fluid for every pound of body weight you lose during exercise.

In hot, humid weather, you need to drink more than usual. (But do not forget that dehydration also occurs during cold weather exercise--your body temperature rises, and you still lose water through perspiration and respiration.)
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #1089
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Thank you xx
Yes. I understand. And you're welcome.

And do ya see that foot in that avatar....

<<<<<<<<<????

It's taking it one step at a time, right? Um-hm.

Have a good one, girl.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #1090
Senior LCF Member
 
Glamour P!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Co.Down, Northern Ireland
Posts: 971
Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
I smiled hard, for the first time in a long time. ... Still smiling. MWAH!!! x
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #1091
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- I normally drink about 4 liters a day a little over a gallon, on hot yoga I drink about 5 before and 1.5 after,I swear the weight gain is from shear water volume going in, like it is so hard to avoid dehydration in there, so we drink and drink and drink, and I do a shake of coconut water and protein powder like an hour before hand, cause that water tastes like crap, but is suppose to contain a bunch of electrolytes, so they recommend it. I drink a ton of water,all the time, once I read that is how the fat leaves you I drink up and never looked back, LOL I allow myself one diet cherry coke, cause I love it and I get darn sick of water and like it with a meal, but them back to water! I gave up the crystal light and stuff months ago.

There is a calculator and you enter your weight, it says at my weight I burn 1400 calories doing that yoga, I was like I would have to run for 3 hours to burn that!!! They said at the place, 500-2000 depending on weight and physical condition and I didn't believe them, LOL It is grueling, like I swear my eyeballs and fingernails sweat!!! I think it will do something positive if I stay at it long enough!!! If I don't float away first, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #1092
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Really need to clean up my weekend eating; I've been too careless for two weekends in a row, and over time, that's gonna have unsatisfactory effects on my ability to control my weight and energy and body composition.

It's fine during the week, when structure is all about me and I'm having to keep tight reins on food planning to save time in the mornings, working, evening activities, gym workouts, etc.

Can't seem to find the discipline that is lacking, and that ends up frustrating me full circle.

Hearing my ROOSTER alarm on my cell phone this morning, I reached over to my bedside and THOUGHT I'd turned it off, and a few minutes later while making coffee, the stupid thing starts crowing again, and since I didn't have my contacts in, I hit the wrong button and screwed it up, so it just kept CROWING, and CROWING, and CROWING....AND CROWING!!!!!


And in frustration I yelled: SHUT THE HELL UP! ---- Just as I was able to feel/find the POWER OFF button to my cell phone-- what a way to start my morning.
This made me think of you lol......
Quote:
Coach Scott Abel
Sometimes you let out a big long sigh when what you really want to do is scream - in that moment - a scream would be better
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #1093
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Aw T I know you are right, but it seems like so long now I am not losing just up and down between 203-206 I can't seem to make any progress on the scale and its not like I am 150 and so skinny I got plenty of weight to move, that is what ticks me off. Tony wants me to have this TT soon like in the Spring, I was debating waiting but he said I think you need to see the scale move, get it off and you will be down but then when you go back you can really hit it harder without that hindering you! I guess I just keep on keeping on. It is a giant pain in the rear!!! LOL Maybe I need my trainer to set physical goals for me to show me that I am making progress like lifting more or something maybe that would keep me going when things are so tough here.
its great to have focus and goals on other things other than the scale or a measurement.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #1094
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Hey T....The training is going good!! I am doing my research, trying new exercises, but I am like Amber in the fact that the scale is not moving. I am still a big girl at 196 and I know that I need to lose a lot more weight!!!

I am working on the diet. I am sure that this is my trouble. The right combos with carbs/pro/fat. I think that I am consuming too many carbs. Even though they are sweet pot, brown rice, whole wheat pita, or I assume these are good.....after talking with Amber, I think I was consuming too many!!! So I am tracking everything as of yesterday. This is so hard for me to remember, but I have just got to get in the routine of tracking. This is where part of my success lies and I have just GOT to do it!!!!

I love, love, love the weight training!!!! I don't want to miss it! Once I figure out the diet and how to tweek accordingly, it will just be fantastic!!! I usually work out alone and this is great for me. I can really focus without any distractions....well.... not unless there is some eye candy!!! Just kidding. I love my DH that I have at home. And he is my eye candy!!! I also enjoy having someone there to make sure that my form is correct and working out with other people gives me a boost of confidence to try something new that I wouldn't normally do by myself. I just can't believe that I am really doing it. I was so intimidated in the beginning and I still am if there is someone there that really seems to know what they are doing!!! But I think, how will I ever get to where I want to be, if I only stand here and wait until the "PERFECT" time (which never comes)..... I have to realize, my form may not be exact on everything that I do, I may not be lifting as much or too much on some things, but I am working it out!!!

I can't wait to work out with Ileen!!! After picking her brain......Man ole man....
do you know how much of ea nutrient you are eating?? you cant tweak if you dont know what that is.

Soon we shall play
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #1095
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
I'm sure that Ileen eats more carbs than I do on average. My high days during prep, I rarely ate over 150 carbs. They averaged 100-150. I would do three lows (50 or less) and then a high day. My calories stayed between 1500 and 1700 on average. This formula brought me success, but it did NOT bring me constant scale losses, keep that in mind. I had stalls. I even had upswings in weight periodically, even during times when I would have thought I'd see a lower number on the scale.

My carbs were very specific: sweet potatoes, brown rice, fruit. That's all, except for trace carbs here and there. Green veggies, all I wanted pretty much. Tons of protein. Lower in fat.
I eat any carb i want as long as it fits the calls and carb profile coach doesnt care.. all his clients are allowed the same privledge.
My cals at their lowest were 1400. Carbs were pretty steady just under 100g a day.. and there were months were i had refeeds on top of that of at least 250-300 grams and then we backed them out.

Quote:
If your body thinks it's not getting enough calories, it's not gonna let go of the weight.
true that is why you have to coax it off and not eat too low cal but the same goes for trying to cardio off the extra cals.

Quote:
And lastly, IMO you should be doing 3-4 days of cardio a week for fat loss. I know that Ileen doesn't agree, but I can see from her pics that Ileen is NOT an endomorph. Her legs are far tinier (even when she was heavy) than mine are, and her body shape is just different. It's a fact that endomorphs need more cardio for effective fat loss. And I found that keeping that cardio mixed up -- different forms, HIIT, etc., -- was equally effective.
we are all different. And you have to take in our metabolic and age profiles too. Are ALL your hormones optimized (thyroid and sex) etc.
i am more an apple but can easily store fat, hense how i gain when we up my calories(currently)
my cardio initally were metabolic type workouts, ab core workouts and when that got too much for my adrenals, we went with 4 days of Slow death lol.. never more than 30-45 mins. Two were fasted HIIT with Slow death to follow.
I dont recommend that much cardio starting out because i've seen proof of what coach accomplishes with some clients and NO cardio like here: NO cardio and she's 6weeks out

[/QUOTE]
its all helpful.
__________________
Ileen
hashi's/hypothyroid
Coached: Erik Ledin, Leanbodies Consulting

Last edited by inatic; 01-17-2012 at 03:52 PM..
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #1096
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- I normally drink about 4 liters a day a little over a gallon, on hot yoga I drink about 5 before and 1.5 after,I swear the weight gain is from shear water volume going in, like it is so hard to avoid dehydration in there, so we drink and drink and drink, and I do a shake of coconut water and protein powder like an hour before hand, cause that water tastes like crap, but is suppose to contain a bunch of electrolytes, so they recommend it. I drink a ton of water,all the time, once I read that is how the fat leaves you I drink up and never looked back, LOL I allow myself one diet cherry coke, cause I love it and I get darn sick of water and like it with a meal, but them back to water! I gave up the crystal light and stuff months ago.

There is a calculator and you enter your weight, it says at my weight I burn 1400 calories doing that yoga, I was like I would have to run for 3 hours to burn that!!! They said at the place, 500-2000 depending on weight and physical condition and I didn't believe them, LOL It is grueling, like I swear my eyeballs and fingernails sweat!!! I think it will do something positive if I stay at it long enough!!! If I don't float away first, LOL
amber there is no way a calculator can tell you what you burned doing any exercise.. Im sure your buring cals but dont put too much into how much.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #1097
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- guess what???? I was 209 yesterday, 205 this morning!!!! WTH???????

I think it may not be the Chantix but rather the hot yoga the sweating and then drinking all that water, I am going to chill about the scale and exercise and get through this no smoking, this has to end and be the priority! I am going to eat like I am cause I know I am eating clean and get through it! I am very proud that I have not had one sugar laden cheat all year, or booze LOL. So if I get through the non smoking with a little extra weight so be it that will come off, but I hope it goes to my butt LOL

Last night confirmed that I want to be able to keep lifting hard, I love it--- that is what gets me the most! I love the little things she has me do that are hard and I have to really push myself! I enjoyed regular yoga last night too at the gym, I love the teacher she is so calm and soothing, it was nice to just stretch and relax after that hard workout with the trainer and it put my head in a better place! I need tinkly music, LOL I know you are into music, I need something soothing like that yoga music, I always forget to ask her what her CD's are. The hot yoga there is no music just the instructor.

Big snow storm and ice coming for the weekend, Tony is taking my keys since I usually cave on Day 3 and go buy smokes, LOL So I said you are going to be driving me to spinning, then to hot yoga, he said fine, I like a chauffeur!!! I am going to read, curl up, cook, do whatever I have to to get through this weekend and make a good plan for next week to stay on track and keep moving I think by Monday most of the urges will pass, and I will feel tons better, I am praying!!!

Have a good weekend, I don't know if you where you are you are expecting snow or not?? Be safe if so!!

I know our southern belles have no snow worries!!! Lucky ducks!!!!

Kristi- you will figure it out hun, look on line there are training logs you can find and print yourself, just stick them in a binder. I will see if I have one here to email you!!!

Another question the ON casein protein- Tony wants to try that at night, how do you guys make your pudding? You know I swear if I eat cottage cheese at night before bed I lose weight the next day, so I might try this too.

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-20-2012 at 07:13 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1098
Senior LCF Member
 
kmcentire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 667
Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Kristi- you will figure it out hun, look on line there are training logs you can find and print yourself, just stick them in a binder. I will see if I have one here to email you!!!

Another question the ON casein protein- Tony wants to try that at night, how do you guys make your pudding? You know I swear if I eat cottage cheese at night before bed I lose weight the next day, so I might try this too.
Thanks Amber. I know that I will figure it out!! I am enjoying the research and the learning, I guess I miss college a little.....

As for the pudding, I think this is how T said she did it, and if not this is how I do it.. add hot water (I nook mine for 1 minute) and then add it to a scoop of the caesin. Add as much or little as you want. Whatever consistancy you want. I heated a little almond milk and added it to mine the other night, but it didn't taste any different than with water. So, why waste almond milk!!

I will be looking for a journal... Thanks!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #1099
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- guess what???? I was 209 yesterday, 205 this morning!!!! WTH???????
Crazy, inexplicable fluctuations, caused by a variety of factors no doubt!

I think it may not be the Chantix but rather the hot yoga the sweating and then drinking all that water, I am going to chill about the scale and exercise and get through this no smoking, this has to end and be the priority! I am going to eat like I am cause I know I am eating clean and get through it! I am very proud that I have not had one sugar laden cheat all year, or booze LOL. So if I get through the non smoking with a little extra weight so be it that will come off, but I hope it goes to my butt LOL

You have the PERFECT mindset. You have a ton of irons in the fire, so to speak, right now. And I agree, quitting smoking should be number one. We want it all and we want it NOW, but if we tackle one mountain at a time, we're likely to have far more lasting results. Look at it this way: Healthwise, if you were to stay the same weight as you are now, eat what you eat, exercise as you do, but gave up the smoking, you'd be MILES HEALTHIER. But if you can't kick the smoking, but continue to chisel away at your weight, how much have you really accomplished? You may look smaller, feel more confident, fit in clothes better, but has it really made that drastic of an impact on your health? No.

Health first. The rest can AND WILL follow, esp knowing YOU.


Quote:
Last night confirmed that I want to be able to keep lifting hard, I love it---
that is what gets me the most!
I love the little things she has me do that are hard and I have to really push myself!
I enjoyed regular yoga last night too at the gym; I love the teacher...she is so calm and soothing,
it was nice to just stretch and relax after that hard workout with the trainer and it put my head in a better place!
I need tinkly music, LOL
I know you are into music, I need something soothing like that yoga music...

I have JUST the thing for you. I have downloaded in the last couple of months some Ibiza Chillout music, and it is SO RELAXING! I've played that one album a few times while napping and I feel like I was removed to another planet! It's some good stuff...You can listen and decide if you like it or not. Some of the selections include:

Summer Cools Down
Sunset Secrets
Dancing in the Moonlight
About the Ibiza Sunset
Chilling with the Stars
Waiting for the Sun to Rise
Just Follow the Sun
Timeless
Night Rains
Like an Angel
Paradise Beach
Underwater Love


The titles ALONE make ya wanna chill, kwim? I'll be happy to burn a CD for you and send it to you, K?

Quote:
Big snow storm and ice coming for the weekend, Tony is taking my keys since I usually cave on Day 3 and go buy smokes, LOL So I said you are going to be driving me to spinning, then to hot yoga, he said fine, I like a chauffeur!!! I am going to read, curl up, cook, do whatever I have to to get through this weekend and make a good plan for next week to stay on track and keep moving I think by Monday most of the urges will pass, and I will feel tons better, I am praying!!!
Tony, you da man!


Quote:
Another question the ON casein protein- Tony wants to try that at night, how do you guys make your pudding? You know I swear if I eat cottage cheese at night before bed I lose weight the next day, so I might try this too.
Kristi has it right. That's how I do it. I nuke my water to get it hot and then add it to a scoop of casein, maybe a bit of stevia or splenda to sweeten it a bit more when I'm wanting SWEET. You just keep adding water and stirring till you get the right consistency that suits you. Casein protein is FAR thicker than whey, so you have to add more water to it to get the fluffy pudding texture; the same amount of water added to whey would only give you a runny mess.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #1100
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- I would love the CD!! I will see if I can find them tonight on line, I need CD's everywhere, home, wrok, car, LOL!! I love that yoga music, it is very relaxing even if you close your eyes a few minutes, and breathe it really helps!!!

Thanks for the pudding recipe, now he will know what to do and indeed the smoking is by far the biggest health risk, I remember being over 300 pounds and the doctor saying quitting smoking is more important to your health than the weight loss, so it will be a thing of the past soon!! Then I can work on repairing the damage I did all those years! At least everyday not smoking brings vast improvements!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #1101
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- I would love the CD!! .....I need CD's everywhere, home, wrok, car, LOL!! I love that yoga music, it is very relaxing even if you close your eyes a few minutes, and breathe it really helps!!!

Thanks for the pudding recipe...
It's a done deal. In the mail this afternoon.


And...you're welcome.

Have a good weekend.

(PS - Yep, I love that trashy junk food! But I've given up that addiction
for the most part, thankfully. Still tempted? Uh, yeah!
Be thankful it doesn't flip your switch!)

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #1102
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- well that is only one thing that doesn't flip my switch!!! LOL There are plenty of others, LOL Thank you for the cd I will love it!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #1103
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #1104
Senior LCF Member
 
kmcentire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 667
Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Good Morning Twyla...hope you had a great weekend!!!

More questions.... concerning cardio...I try to work out 5x's/week and maybe on Saturday if I am able, but generally I plan on 5 x's. I am doing MWF for strength training and T and Th for cardio. So, you suggest that I do 10-15mins of cardio after the 3 days I lift and cardio only on T and Th for 30 mins or so...? I might could try the fasted cardio on Saturdays. Is this just what it sounds like, cardio on an empty stomach......??? I go to the gym after work through the week because the gym is in the town where I work. I go to work at 6 am, so I don't work out before I go to work.

Thanks again!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #1105
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Kristi-
I tried running fasted and didnt do to well, but I am thinking of getting up even earlier like 4:45 and doing a tape in my basement, I got that BL calorie knockdown lot of pylometrics and stuff to get the heart rate up, I might start doing that next week and really track and measure and see if it helps.

T- hope you have a good week!!! Another Monday, day 5 of no smoking, it is tough but I am going to do it!!! Your encouragement keeps me going!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #1106
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Good Morning Twyla...hope you had a great weekend!!!

More questions.... concerning cardio...I try to work out 5x's/week and maybe on Saturday if I am able, but generally I plan on 5 x's. I am doing MWF for strength training and T and Th for cardio. So, you suggest that I do 10-15mins of cardio after the 3 days I lift and cardio only on T and Th for 30 mins or so...? I might could try the fasted cardio on Saturdays. Is this just what it sounds like, cardio on an empty stomach......??? I go to the gym after work through the week because the gym is in the town where I work. I go to work at 6 am, so I don't work out before I go to work.

Thanks again!!
Hey, Kristi. The sun is shining here, and it's looking like it will be a rather mild/warm week, considering it's January. Wow.

As for the cardio schedule, if you are WANTING to try to increase cardio time, then yes, tacking on the 10-15 mins post lifting would be a good time to do it, esp since you can't do it in the mornings. Running fasted is far more difficult than doing something more steady state and lower intensity, say on an elliptical, or power walking, etc. Running, as Amber mentioned, unless you're a seasoned or veteran runner, running empty would be a challenge.

And fasted cardio is something that is often done for that extra fat burning edge, not that it's necessary. And only if it's something you are interested in doing, like I said, if you are perhaps stalled or whatever.

As long as you’re eating plenty of protein, doing cardio following lifting should be primarily muscle-sparing. When I was prepping and at that trying to BUILD my back, I did not do ANY cardio following back training days; Only morning cardio, fasted. I would do my back training later in the afternoon or early evening.

It's all up to you in how you want to work it in, after you've decided how much you need.

Hope that helps.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #1107
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post

T- hope you have a good week!!! Another Monday, day 5 of no smoking, it is tough but I am going to do it!!! Your encouragement keeps me going!
Amber, I am TOTALLY impressed with your dedication to quitting the smoking -- that while trying to keep up with your exercise schedule and watch your diet.

VERY TALL ORDER.

But one that you're managing to balance quite masterfully! Not many could do this, I'd say. Be proud of yourself. So inspiring!

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #1108
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well T the exercise helps a lot to get my mind off it but really it is getting better, I down loaded this app tells me how long since I quit, how many smokes I didn't smoke, money saved, improvements to health so that is keeping me going, there is no way I got this far and am going backwards so now it is just a matter of getting through this month of it and then moving on. I still want to lose weight so not sure what to do with that, LOL That seems to be an on going problem, but it seems like I am staying in this same 5 pound window so that I can live with for now. But I got the call from the endocrinolgist, my OB/GYN sent in the referral so they can see me 3/27 I will be curious to see what they suggest. And maybe can determine if my IR has improved or not. All this darn exercise and quitting smoke should help that, I am hoping maybe the smoking will mess up my body enough to get me back to losing! I think you are right and I need more cardio, my cardio has gotten to be less and less especially now not running, so I think maybe that morning workout tape might be the answer if I can pull myself up earlier, and I have to get back to 4 solid workout lifting days, sometimes that has been sliding with the yoga, and lifting is still what I love the most!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #1109
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,454
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- I got the cd's and the note, thank you so much!!! I am listening to it now as I make dinner, even my son is like wow that is sort of nice music Mom! I said it calms me down, and he said well keep listening!! LOL Had a good workout now going to relax, and I am not even thinking about smoking! I can't believe it but I feel like I am turning a corner that I can do this for real, forever this time! That was exactly what I wanted T, I call it tinkly music, LOL It is sort of like what the one gal plays at yoga, and I love that, it immediately just slows me down a bit!

You're the best!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #1110
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,240
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- I got the cd's and the note, thank you so much!!! I am listening to it now as I make dinner, even my son is like wow that is sort of nice music Mom! I said it calms me down, and he said well keep listening!! LOL Had a good workout now going to relax, and I am not even thinking about smoking! I can't believe it but I feel like I am turning a corner that I can do this for real, forever this time! That was exactly what I wanted T, I call it tinkly music, LOL It is sort of like what the one gal plays at yoga, and I love that, it immediately just slows me down a bit!

You're the best!
Amber, I'm glad you got the chill music and that you're enjoying it. I realize it isn't typical "spa/meditative" type music, but it has the same effect on me as it does you, it slows me down big time, relaxes me, puts everything back into focus after stepping off life's merry-go-round. It sort of lifts me up and away to "ambient mode," kwim? Great way to disconnect.

Yes, you ARE turning a corner, I just KNOW it. You should not be concerned one bit about the race to drop weight right now. This is giant, stopping smoking, and it deserves all your attention, focus and willpower to see it through, so that when you have broken free, you are TRULY free to expand and improve upon your health and fitness. The sky remains the limit for you, and letting go of the smoking will give you that extra WIND BENEATH YOUR WINGS to soar even higher. Loving this for you. So proud.

Hope you have a fabulous day today, girl.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.