Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Hey T....Thanks so much for more words of encouragement and inspiration. I truly feed on this stuff. When I am at the gym, I am really thinking of the things that you ladies say to me on these boards.. All the words of encouragement, reminding myself to use correct form, pushing myself to try a new exercise, another set/rep, higher weight. etc.

I think to myself, what if these ladies had not crossed my path.... where would I be. The goal of ever getting a tight, toned, muscular body wouldn't even be a goal for me. It would seem so far fetched that I a girl with basically NO training or experience in the gym would even set a goal like this. I work with people that have worked out for years. I see these people daily and they have NEVER once said, Kristi maybe you should consider strength training, never said, eat more protein, read, research, read Oxygen.....

I know that I say thank you all the time, but please know, that it is truly coming from the heart!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Thank Ileen for the paper towel analogy!! That was great. I will never look at roll of paper towels without thinking, that is my BODY!!! I am daily working toward peeling off the layers of fat to make it to that rock solid core.

We need to get together on a date.... I work out at Fitness At Five. I don't know of anyone that works out at BodyPlex. I think they have a location in Commerce. Do they have cable machines there? I have added this to my routine, but I don't know much at all about them..... Another area to research... Just let me know when its convenient for you and I will meet you at the Mall of Georgia.

You teach preschool....that sounds like it would be fun. I used to think that I wanted to teach school, but I chose a different path.
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #1053
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Kristi- well weight and stuff is a hard thing to being up if you don't say something first, like I wouldn't walk up to someone and say maybe you should work out, but now that you are doing it, maybe you can find someone you think looks good and start talking to them about it. That is how I found my trainer, I didn't know who she was but I said man I want arms like yours, and then she told me.

T- and Ileen- you know you guys are an inspiration to me as well, I thought just getting to 200 pounds and a size 14 would be good enough, but as you change yourself you see how much is possible, and for me now, it is an improved level of fitness, it is always easier when someone has been through it, and they can guide you!!!

Thank you from me as well!!! I totally always value your inputs!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #1054

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Thank Ileen for the paper towel analogy!! That was great. I will never look at roll of paper towels without thinking, that is my BODY!!! I am daily working toward peeling off the layers of fat to make it to that rock solid core.

We need to get together on a date.... I work out at Fitness At Five. I don't know of anyone that works out at BodyPlex. I think they have a location in Commerce. Do they have cable machines there? I have added this to my routine, but I don't know much at all about them..... Another area to research... Just let me know when its convenient for you and I will meet you at the Mall of Georgia.

You teach preschool....that sounds like it would be fun. I used to think that I wanted to teach school, but I chose a different path.
My definte teaching days are T/Th and I sub on the other days but weekends are always usually open and im free. Body plex has everything.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #1055

goodies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Abel
Instead of a “comparing and competing” mentality - a pure motivation will always remember that the path to rewarding experience is based on “aspiring and appreciating;” You don’t need to "have it all", to be happy and successful - and you don;t need to be striving for "more". All you need is to "be" your all at whatever your pure motivation directs you toward - and then you strive at nothing, but work for enhancement
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #1056
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
My definte teaching days are T/Th and I sub on the other days but weekends are always usually open and im free. Body plex has everything.
Hey Ileen....we will plan for a Saturday if that works for you. I can't wait. I went to the gym yesterday and I am introducting new workouts for various muscles as I continue to do more research. I am loving it!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #1057

Sounds great Kristie! Now we just have to pick a day

Hi T and Amber
Old 01-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #1058

Jealous !!!!!!!! Girls have a great time, Kristi that will be so awesome for you!!!! Take pictures of your gorgeous selves!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #1059

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
It has been a successful week. Having discovered my holiday weight creep last Friday -- my first time on the scales since Christmas Eve, I decided to roll up my sleeve and get back to business, with Friday as my weigh day.

This morning I was down three full pounds. Perfect. It's what I was hoping to see. Frankly, I was a little surprised, given my "naughty" indulgences on Saturday and Sunday. My carbs both days were well beyond my allowance, and they certainly weren't CLEAN carbs. My calories were also well beyond my targets on both days.

I felt like crap on Monday as a result of those crap carbs.

The week improved as the time passed.

And I can now face the mirror with a confident (sassy?) determination to keep working on the extra pounds. It may take 2-3 more weeks to get the holiday weight off, but maybe not. I put it on in 14 days. We'll see how long it takes to come off.

It's been a busy but productive week. While staying busy at all fronts -- work, home, commitments in the evening, gym workouts -- I've also done a bit of soul searching, facing inner demons that want to conquer me. I won't allow that to happen. I want to be as healthy inwardly as I am outwardly, mentally as well as physically.

I probably should have considered some sort of counseling for my ongoing grief that very likely has an effect on other areas in my life, but that seems so foreign to me, that whole concept of allowing a stranger into my heart and mind.

Okay. Too deep, too early. It's Friday. Time to rejoice and welcome the chillaxin -- even with the cold bad weather predicted for today.

I plan to make this day -- this weekend -- a positive one. I will make today count. I can't take it back once it's gone. I want to use this day, for which I have been gifted with life and health and goodness, in a way that is meaningful and lasting.

My face is toward the sun. Even when it isn't shining, I know it's there.

Speaking of the sun, I was able to capture keepsakes of my favorite time of the day, sunset and dusk. These were taken last weekend on our walk about two miles from my house. My house is shrouded by other homes and trees and obscurring topography, so I have to climb to higher ground to experience the beauty of evening sunsets. Winter sunsets can be just as gratifying...

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #1060

Quote:
Hey T....Thanks so much for more words of encouragement and inspiration. I truly feed on this stuff. When I am at the gym, I am really thinking of the things that you ladies say to me on these boards.. All the words of encouragement, reminding myself to use correct form, pushing myself to try a new exercise, another set/rep, higher weight. etc.

I think to myself, what if these ladies had not crossed my path.... where would I be. The goal of ever getting a tight, toned, muscular body wouldn't even be a goal for me. It would seem so far fetched that I a girl with basically NO training or experience in the gym would even set a goal like this. I work with people that have worked out for years. I see these people daily and they have NEVER once said, Kristi maybe you should consider strength training, never said, eat more protein, read, research, read Oxygen.....

I know that I say thank you all the time, but please know, that it is truly coming from the heart!!!
Kristi, so happy that you've discovered this new way to live, eat, and MOVE. Staying active is CRITICAL to real success. Yes, diet is 80-90 percent of the formula for successful fat loss, but dismissing a decent strength training program and cardio is only insuring a skinny-fat result, and skinny-fat isn't likely to have "staying power," kwim?

As for those girls at work? I agree with Amber. I wouldn't DREAM of mentioning that to some of the people I work with. If they ask? DEFINITELY. I'd talk their ears off! But to suggest it? No, I'm afraid that would be too forward, too show-boaty. I would fear that my comments would come across as insulting rather than as a gesture of kindness.

But we're glad you found these boards and we've all made friends to broaden our circle of support, love and encouragement.

Hope you've had a great week.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #1061

T- when my BF died of a heart attack so suddenly I was devastated I went to grief counseling or whatever they called it and it was helpful, helpful to know you are not alone! And honestly talking to a stranger was freeing like this person didnt know you and they could help you sort out your feelings, I say try one session and see what you think, it cant hurt!!
Have a good weekend and enjoy!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #1062
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again Twyla for the encouraging words!!!

I agree with Amber, maybe try one session. If it doesn't help, just don't go back! I wish that I could get my DH to go talk with someone, but he would NEVER hear of it. With the loss of his dad and his health problems, I think he would benefit from it. You are such an inspiring person and always seem to know how to encourage people, say what someone needs to hear, so I will be praying that you get some resolution and comfort. I know that the Bible says that God will not put more on us than we can bear, but we don't have to bear it alone....

I love the pictures of you in the mud. That looks like us when we get home from the dirt racing track. I have always enjoyed playing in the mud. My sister and I used to make mud pies when we were growing up.... Such Fun!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #1063

Bible says that God will not put more on us than we can bear, but we don't have to bear it alone.

Kristi- exactly right!!

T- I forgot to say how awesome you look, I love your hair all long and flowing like that!!! I got mine trimmed with some more layers last night, I tend to be lazy and straighten it during the week, but Tony likes my J Lo hair as he calls it when we go out, too much work, LOL
Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #1064
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds great Kristie! Now we just have to pick a day

Hi T and Amber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jealous !!!!!!!! Girls have a great time, Kristi that will be so awesome for you!!!! Take pictures of your gorgeous selves!!!
I can't wait!!! Who knew that I would ever be excited about exercise...???? I know that I will have a good time. Meeting Ileen, learning new exercises, talking about diet, etc. with someone that looks as good as Ileen, this is a dream for me!! I have not seen one lady at my gym that could even touch the way that Ileen and Twyla's bodies look!!! There are some runway model looking girls, but ripped, I have yet to see it!!!

You could join us Amber. It is not that far for me to go to the airport and pick you up.....
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #1065
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Bible says that God will not put more on us than we can bear, but we don't have to bear it alone.

Kristi- exactly right!!

T- I forgot to say how awesome you look, I love your hair all long and flowing like that!!! I got mine trimmed with some more layers last night, I tend to be lazy and straighten it during the week, but Tony likes my J Lo hair as he calls it when we go out, too much work, LOL
How do you get it curly....hot rollers, velcro rollers, curling iron....???? I have tried that sock bun, it's on YouTube if you have not ever heard of it. The first few times I tried it, it worked great, but after that, I just can't get the look I want. It is easy and it will make the hair curly.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #1066

Quote:
... God will not put more on us than we can bear, but we don't have to bear it alone....

I love the pictures of you in the mud. That looks like us when we get home from the dirt racing track. I have always enjoyed playing in the mud. My sister and I used to make mud pies when we were growing up.... Such Fun!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!!!!
Thank you, Kristi...means a lot to me.

As for the "mud" pics... well, first, those weren't taken in the mud, but maybe the sepia finish and obscure background makes them appear as if they were. I'm sitting on a slab of concrete under an interstate bridge on a VERY steep incline; the other one, STANDING (balanacing?) on that same steep incline. LOL

Secondly, I have no earthly clue why those pics no longer show on my journal. I have a support email in to the tech people to figure out why they vanished. Strange.

And thank you Amber, re my hair. Funny you should say that, because to get it to look like THAT, I do nothing. On the contrary, I have to WORK AT getting it to be straight, flat iron, Keratin treatments, etc.

I guess we want what we don't have...typical of women, huh? LOL

Hope you guys have a good weekend.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #1067

Kristi- I have 2 sized curling irons, like a 1" and a 2" and I just sort of alternate and use this stuff called Spray Starch to hold it, by Redken. I wrap and then spray then let it go, then shake it out. My hair is really thick and really coarse so it takes forever to curl it, now one time my hairdresser curled it with a skinny little flat iron, I was like no kidding!

T- we always want what we dont have, LOL And everyone always likes our hair natural the way we don't like it, LOL

T- Angela on here my friend, is a wonderful costume designer, she made me something for hitting 198, but she sent it anyway since I am struggling here but really trying, and she knows if I was cheating I would say, LOL I am really excited to see it, so if it is there tonight I am allowed to open it, LOL I will have to let you know what it is!

Kristi- Oh I wish I would join you ladies!!!! Take a notebook and pick Ileen's brain!!!! You will have an awesome time, cant wait to hear about it, enjoy every minute of it! I know there is like my trainer and 2 other girls that are sort of ripped but not like T and I. I want my trainer to do a show or something, she is so impressive too, the stuff she can do!!!! LOL I make her perform like a circus animal, LOL If I do something she thinks I cant do, then I get to have her do something that impresses me, LOL Like pull ups or something! LOL Its like a reward!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #1068
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Thank you, Kristi...means a lot to me.

As for the "mud" pics... well, first, those weren't taken in the mud, but maybe the sepia finish and obscure background makes them appear as if they were. I'm sitting on a slab of concrete under an interstate bridge on a VERY steep incline; the other one, STANDING (balanacing?) on that same steep incline.

Hope you guys have a good weekend.
Sorry T...it looks just like you are standing in a muddy field and your jeans are muddy up to about your knees.

We women do always want what we can't have....
Old 01-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #1069

I got the gift!!! Go check it out!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #1070

i've done the sock bun too.!

T loved the pictures. Real life, walking the walk and talking the walk is way more impressive to me than some one doing a show. WHY, because when its done for yourself, its self motivated. Many people do shows just to diet etc. Not to mention, the whole process is murder on your whole system and over time can rebel.

Kristie, so when?? I should be nice and 'fluffy' by the time we meet lol.. Im lite bulking

Great post by my coach today:
Quote:
Lean Bodies Consulting
Enjoy What You've Accomplished

Have you recently lost body fat or gained some muscle? Maybe you were able to stop using all those medications for your high blood pressure. Didn’t you put up 10 more pounds on squats last week?

Hopefully you are nodding your head up and down to one of those statements – but maybe you're not. Maybe you don’t have any tangible measure of progress lately – all you have been doing is plugging away at those behaviour-based goals.

What do all of the aforementioned examples deserve? Some recognition and enjoyment!

As humans, we never seem to be satisfied. Nowhere is this more apparent than with body composition goals. I hate to break this news to you, but you will probably never be perfect. I have worked with fitness, figure and bodybuilding competitors who are never satisfied with the amount of body fat or muscle mass they carry. These athletes are at the pinnacle of body composition mastery. However, when you ask them – they are never lean enough, muscular enough, or in good enough condition. They could always be a little bit better.

What does that illustrate? Your physique may never be perfect. Acknowledging this can be reassuring. This week take a minute to enjoy what you have accomplished thus far on your health/fitness journey. Learn to enjoy the process and not just the outcome of everything you do. If you begin to love what you are doing – then you’ll waste less time splitting hairs over the final product.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #1071

and my other favorite inspiration
Quote:
Coach Scott Abel
Listen, choose the behaviour, choose the consequences.
Whether dieting or not dieting "cravings" will be a life-long reality.
Its not about a mind-set of "well I have cravings" it's all about CHARACTER in "How will I respond to cravings, when they show up?" - you can be vict-or, or vict-im -but you can't be both.
Don't bother setting up the bowling pins - if you're going to be afraid to knock em all down or whine about how hard it is to do so.
"be the damn ball."
Old 01-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #1072
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hi there pretty lady! Missed ya xxx
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #1073
Senior LCF Member

Just checking on you T. I have been thinking about you..... Hope you are doing good!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #1074

Did you get a day off T, Kristi did you and Ileen hook up!

T- I am so confused I seriously thought with being tough I would be pushing some major weight, I am the same as if I was shoving it in on the weekends and drinking wine, LOL I am so frustrated! My trainer thinks I need more carbs and more calories, I am trying to eat 2000 a day but usually dont eat all I plan so more like 1700 or so, she thinks with all the exercise it makes me go into starvation mode, I have been trying to stick to around 70 carbs timed before and post workouts but my workouts have been lame too, she can see it, so I guess I do need to up them a tad, ughg it is so darn confusing, I am so sick of worrying about every darn bite I put in my mouth, I said I was going to eat what felt right but then got all obsessive trying all these ratios it is mind numbing, I want the magic fairy to come and say eat this and you will lose 5 pounds a week, LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #1075

scale:
Quote:
All you need to know about your bathroom scale is this reality - in anticipation of using it -have you EVER stepped on to that scale with a smile on your face and gladness in your heart - BEFORE it offers up some number to you? - Therefore what is it providing "for" you other than another form of potential external stress or external validation/rejection?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #1076

Hello to Glamour, Kristi, Amber & Ileen...

Glamour, I'll write back to you when I have more time. (I know that sounds like a broken record to most anyone reading my journal, but it's not a lie, I promise.)

Kristi, how is the diet & training going for you? Is Amber keeping you on the straight and NARROW? (Play on words there!)

Amber, I'd love to have a chance to sit face to face to you and make you listen while I do all the talking. I'd likely end up repeating myself a few times -- at least -- but basically I would say to you what I (and Ileen) have said before. I really think you allow a number on the scale dictate "success" for you. I know that I'm guilty of that too, but I have to say that having gone through my prep experience, I learned a HUGE lesson about scale weight and how it affects fat loss and progress. My coach couldn't have cared less what I weighed the entire time. What she wanted most was to see me EATING ON PLAN, TRAINING ON PLAN, and putting in my time. The eating is something that you DO have to tweak now and then based on energy levels. I found that when my training was suffering, I needed to adjust my carbs up a bit, or, eat a bit more on that day. My eating was controlled by ENERGY levels, not by scale numbers. Why? Because as long as I was eating healthy (and I was) and putting in my training agenda, I was making progress. I was sculpting my body into the best shape of my life. Yes, even when the scale only dropped one pound after several weeks in a row, I was building serious muscle, and guess what THAT was doing? It was recomping my body, revving my metabolism, and priming my system for a serious transformation.

Don't let your eating be controlled so much from a scale number as it should be controlled by satiety and energy levels. That is what is important. If you are satisfied, you won't want to eat off plan. If you have the necessary energy to put in your training as it SHOULD be, you will make lean gains. And if you just stay with it, put in your cardio time (I know, Ileen isn't big on cardio, but IMO some people need more than others, and I'm one of them, maybe you too), it will come together.

You are frustrated because you aren't seeing the number drop on the scale, and maybe thinking too much about food ratios, etc., because of the effect THOSE NUMBERS have on SCALE NUMBERS.

Patience, sweet pretty lady.

You have formed and are continuing to form some mighty important habits. You are not wasting your time. You are learning how to eat, how to exercise, how to get strong, how to take care of your heart, mind and body. There is a lot going on right now with your body and the changes you've put it through. Let it have a chance to digest and recalibrate all that it is learning from the changes. Try very hard to be kind and patient to your body. Give it what it wants. Listen. REALLY LISTEN. Stop talking and listen. Your body is trying to tell you things. Pay attention, K?

If you're tired, drained, weaker than normal, you are DEPLETED. Eat more healthy carbs. Make sure you're getting your supplements (fish oil?). Go through that mental checklist and make sure you are doing ALL THAT YOU CAN for your body to give it the fuel it needs. Are you sleeping enough? So many things to consider.

You have SO MUCH TO BE PROUD OF...and it is SO NOT OVER, this race you're running. You're still flying, my friend. Keep soaring and enjoy this ride, and one day you will see it all come together for you.

Off my soap box now...gees, that wore me out. Maybe I need more carbs......

... ice cream???? NOT! (Just kidding)

Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #1077

Quote:
scale:
Quote:
All you need to know about your bathroom scale is this reality - in anticipation of using it -have you EVER stepped on to that scale with a smile on your face and gladness in your heart - BEFORE it offers up some number to you? - Therefore what is it providing "for" you other than another form of potential external stress or external validation/rejection?

Preach
it,
Sister!

Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #1078

Really need to clean up my weekend eating; I've been too careless for two weekends in a row, and over time, that's gonna have unsatisfactory effects on my ability to control my weight and energy and body composition.

It's fine during the week, when structure is all about me and I'm having to keep tight reins on food planning to save time in the mornings, working, evening activities, gym workouts, etc.

Can't seem to find the discipline that is lacking, and that ends up frustrating me full circle.

Hearing my ROOSTER alarm on my cell phone this morning, I reached over to my bedside and THOUGHT I'd turned it off, and a few minutes later while making coffee, the stupid thing starts crowing again, and since I didn't have my contacts in, I hit the wrong button and screwed it up, so it just kept CROWING, and CROWING, and CROWING....AND CROWING!!!!!

And in frustration I yelled: SHUT THE HELL UP! ---- Just as I was able to feel/find the POWER OFF button to my cell phone-- what a way to start my morning.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #1079

Aw T I know you are right, but it seems like so long now I am not losing just up and down between 203-206 I can't seem to make any progress on the scale and its not like I am 150 and so skinny I got plenty of weight to move, that is what ticks me off. Tony wants me to have this TT soon like in the Spring, I was debating waiting but he said I think you need to see the scale move, get it off and you will be down but then when you go back you can really hit it harder without that hindering you! I guess I just keep on keeping on. It is a giant pain in the rear!!! LOL Maybe I need my trainer to set physical goals for me to show me that I am making progress like lifting more or something maybe that would keep me going when things are so tough here.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:00 AM   #1080

Aw T Tony has that damn rooster alarm< I am like can you change that thing?? LOL