LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #1021
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh girls rub it in in your warm weather!! LOL

How cool would that be for you girls to hook up in person!! Take a notebook Kristi!!!!And a camera so we can see you lovely girls!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #1022

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Hey Twyla
Send that snow my way -- I cross country ski in the winter for my cardio and we have BROWN grass here -- it's 59 degrees right now -- YES -- in North Dakota of all places!

have a great day
Sharon
Sharon, that pic is misleading...it's what I actually was in the mood for at the time, but we actually only got about an inch that day. I'm just a visual person. I see/dream something in my mind, it becomes real to me, and I often will illustrate my thoughts with pictures. But yeah, I just heard on the news last night at the gym that you guys are really warm lately, and for ND, yeah, so very strange! I'm sure you'll be getting snow before long.

How are things going for you the first few days of our New Year? On track? Feeling good? Motivated? I'm here for you, woman.

Quote:
Kristie you definitely want some vit D... Im not against tanning beds but easiest way to get it. maybe some day i'll hitch a ride with my son Daniel over to UGA and we can hit a gym together. If you ever find your way over my way, let me know. I'd be glad to meet up and help ya.

Warmed up some here to 55.. low 60-64 by sunday. YES! (Ileen)

Ileen, just replenished my stock of vitamins last night, Vit D being one of them, our must-haves, esp in winter. In fact, if I thought it would do me any good, I'd take a triple dose.

Quote:
Hey T you know I love the Beverly International stuff I got something from them yesterday about the show in Northern KY, the National Physique Committee, its a National Qualifying Event, March 24 they have an over 45 group, I am pushing you, LOL I think you should do it, me and Kristi will step aside and let you win, LOL They did send their 2012 Platinum Collectors edition with lots of articles, man these people eat the same crap meal after meal that would kill me like did you eat the same thing day after day for 12 weeks? Good grief I would die!!!! (Amber)
Amber, yep, I know about the Northern KY show, but actually, if I DO decide to compete again, I'd prefer waiting and doing the Louisville show at the end of April. It gives me another month to prepare, and besides, I really liked Louisville. It also has a Masters 45+, or I wouldn't even be considering it. Thing is, competing is NOT CHEAP. And right now we're quite strapped for cash, lots of expenses facing us in the near horizon, and they're not little ones either. Yikes. I can't be selfish; it can't be about me when my family has needs too.

But yes, the prep diet? Very typical. Very, very typical. I talked with tons of competitors at the show backstage, and we all were comparing notes. It's pretty much standard. You eat "this, this and this," the end. Every day pretty much. I had two different prep diets throughout the 12 weeks that I prepped, switching it up halfway through. But each diet was the same thing every day except for my two carb up days (I was on rotations). Strangely enough, I didn't mind it. I thought I would, but I felt FANTASTIC satiety/energy wise, AND my body was so responsive to this eating that it was hard NOT to be satisifed with my fuel. I prepared it in tasty ways, and I was eating every 2.5 to 3 hrs, so I was never ever hungry. It was very doable. The average Joe would complain, because the average Joe doesn't like to be told what he can and can't have. Yes, it's restrictive. But prepping for a show is 100% discipline. It's not for the weak at heart. I did what I had to do and I got results. No complaints here, kwim?

Thank you for your support of my goals, Amber. I know you mean this.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #1023

I know you dropped weight and looked amazing, I guess 12 weeks is really nothing when you see the results like you had!! I cannot believe that in 4 days I dropped 6 pounds of bloat, I am mixing it all up, yesterday was yoga so lower calories and carbs, more on training days maybe that is the key this week is water dropping from the bloat so I am going to keep at it and see if it sticks and finally pushes me under 200, 30 years I have waited to see that number!!! 30 long freaking fat years!!!!! You will hear the screaming!

You look so awesome and worked so hard, I want to see you do another and man you better win or I am coming to kick some judges' ass!!!! LOL

Have a great weekend, TGIF!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #1024

Made it to the gym last night. It's been a busy week, and it was my first opportunity since before NY's. Yikes. Don't like having that much time between lifting, but couldn't be avoided. It felt wonderful pushing it again. I really went for the burn, working mostly lower body, but threw in some tricep work as well. My youngest son went with me. He had been going with my middle son while he was home on break, and he taught his brother a lot of things (always does), so he was pretty much auto pilot last night, although Mom was watching him even when he wasn't aware of it. His form has improved drastically on most things. And he's made huge strength gains. He's started to show excitment about strength training. YESSSSSSSSSSS. Talk to me, Baby Boy! Who loves ya?

Today will be delts and a bit of back work, and then Saturday I'll hammer quads/glutes/hams. I am babying my groin muscle on my left leg again. I have a tendency to pull that muscle now and then. I was looking back to some references to a prior pull in my formal journal, and the advice that my friend Btinc had given me at the time. He's right. Staying stretched out will help prevent those for the most part, and I gotta admit, I had not been as faithful with my stretching and warmups lately, seeming to be in a hurry with the holiday rush, etc. Gotta take the time and do stuff right or it comes back to haunt me, and then I'm restricted. Not good. Ever.

Woke up this morning REALLY hungry. Good sign. HELLOOOOOO furnace!

It feels great to get the last of the cravings out of my system. I'm ready to rock and roll again...

Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I know you dropped weight and looked amazing, I guess 12 weeks is really nothing when you see the results like you had!! I cannot believe that in 4 days I dropped 6 pounds of bloat, I am mixing it all up, yesterday was yoga so lower calories and carbs, more on training days maybe that is the key this week is water dropping from the bloat so I am going to keep at it and see if it sticks and finally pushes me under 200, 30 years I have waited to see that number!!! 30 long freaking fat years!!!!! You will hear the screaming!

You look so awesome and worked so hard, I want to see you do another and man you better win or I am coming to kick some judges' ass!!!! LOL

Four days and six pounds of bloat? Yep. I can believe it. That's how much we retain when we are off plan, and most people don't realize that. That's why they freak out when they see the scale rocket up after a bad day or a binge or whatever, and they think, oh, no, I've screwed up, better do something drastic or I'll gain another 6 lbs, and then they start screwing with their diet, or screwing with their exercise, or whatever the hell they do, and before you know it, they're so confused and disillusioned with eating and working out on morsels and bird seed that they say, firetruck it, I'm done.

You knew to get back on the marching line, you're getting the job done with a level head, a disciplined heart, and YES, MY FRIEND, YOU WILL SEE THAT ONEDERLAND much sooner than you realize. You get five gold stars for your attitude and effort, my friend.

(I have no doubt that you'd be kicking some judge's butt for me, girl! )As for my competing again....first place on my second competition? Not likely. I'd even settle for top 5! But. I'm competing against myself more than anyone else. I want to beat my last show, and I want it to be an unquestionable improvement. And if that means placing near the top, well, that works too. So bring it on.

We'll see.

I hope you have a great weekend too.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #1026
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
im actually forsyth county and a blink out the the cumming zipcode. right off Ga 400 exit 12. I know where parsons is. USED to have to shop up that way. but any more since the south end of forsyth is so developed.
Good Morning Illeen.. I have family that lives in Cumming. I assume exit 12 is between the Parson's exit and the North Point Mall exit. That area has really grown over the last few years!!! Getting from the Mall of Ga to Cumming is a flipping nightmare....2 lane road!!

I definitely want to meet up with you. I don't know if you work or not, but maybe we can plan something soon....
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #1027
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Good Morning Twyla!

Well, I got an Oxygen magazine. I have only read about half of it now. What a wealth of information. I am doing like you suggested, my homework of building different types of exercises for each muscle group.

I went to the gym yesterday, and I did 2 exercises for my tricpes, chest, shoulders, back, biceps, quads, some ab work, squats, lunges, step-ups.... I know this may not be ideal... but it is a huge accomplishment for me. I am sore this morning too.

I was a little less intimidated than I had been. Even though the people probably thought, look at that hag, she has her book writing stuff down. She must be so old that she can't even remember the exercises, but I don't care!!!! I want this and the only way to make it happen is just do it and not let my fears get in the way of my success.

I look in the mirror at the fat, the rolls, the dimples and it would be so easy so say, what the heck, this is not going to change me....but I know if I stick with it, I will come out victorious and be so glad that I have stuck with it!!!

I want to thank all of you again, because without all of your help and knowledge thus far, I would just doing the treadmill, elliptical, and a few machines.

Your competitive attitude and wanting to constantly improve yourself is so motivating!!!

The Oxygen magazine had a quote that I liked...
"A year from now, you may wish you had started today!"

I know that in one year, I will look back and be so thankful that I started rather than waiting. I will be 40 December 30th and I want to look so much better than I do now!! With and without clothes!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #1028

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

Ileen, just replenished my stock of vitamins last night, Vit D being one of them, our must-haves, esp in winter. In fact, if I thought it would do me any good, I'd take a triple dose.
it does help T. with depression, thyroid, calcium absorption, bones, immune.. My dr has me take about 500iu a day keeping my levels at about 60.

Quote:
[

But yes, the prep diet? Very typical. Very, very typical. I talked with tons of competitors at the show backstage, and we all were comparing notes. It's pretty much standard. You eat "this, this and this," the end. Every day pretty much. I had two different prep diets throughout the 12 weeks that I prepped, switching it up halfway through. But each diet was the same thing every day except for my two carb up days (I was on rotations). Strangely enough, I didn't mind it. I thought I would, but I felt FANTASTIC satiety/energy wise, AND my body was so responsive to this eating that it was hard NOT to be satisifed with my fuel. I prepared it in tasty ways, and I was eating every 2.5 to 3 hrs, so I was never ever hungry. It was very doable. The average Joe would complain, because the average Joe doesn't like to be told what he can and can't have. Yes, it's restrictive. But prepping for a show is 100% discipline. It's not for the weak at heart. I did what I had to do and I got results. No complaints here, kwim?

Thank you for your support of my goals, Amber. I know you mean this.[/B]
most of the clients of LBC that compare notes with many other competitors find THEY were eating talapia, asparagus and two hrs of cardio a day. typical and totally rediculous!
We eat everything, no food group is out.. And most LBC clients barely did 1.5hrs of cardio a WEEK! but did have 'other' cardio like metabolic workouts and ab/core circuits.

Dieting is restrictive and your right, the average joe cant take a few pangs of hunger. Fortunately we've learned many tricks and coach lets us sub.. for eg.. 150g of sweet potato is equal cal/carb wise to 411 of spaghetti squash. i love it with Friendship 1% cottage cheese, which melts, topped with some spicy salsa... omg!! Nice full tummy!

Last edited by inatic; 01-06-2012 at 05:22 AM..
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #1029

Quote:
I know you dropped weight and looked amazing, I guess 12 weeks is really nothing when you see the results like you had!!

I cannot believe that in 4 days I dropped 6 pounds of bloat, I am mixing it all up, yesterday was yoga so lower calories and carbs, more on training days maybe that is the key this week is water dropping from the bloat so I am going to keep at it and see if it sticks and finally pushes me under 200, 30 years I have waited to see that number!!! 30 long freaking fat years!!!!! You will hear the screaming!

keep it up girl! way to go on the bloat drop! NICE!!

Competing is SO subjective. One of the reason i chose to not even bother. If you compete ONLY to win, your in it for the wrong reason. Technically, health wise, it isnt good either..
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Good Morning Illeen.. I have family that lives in Cumming. I assume exit 12 is between the Parson's exit and the North Point Mall exit. That area has really grown over the last few years!!! Getting from the Mall of Ga to Cumming is a flipping nightmare....2 lane road!!

I definitely want to meet up with you. I don't know if you work or not, but maybe we can plan something soon....
I teach preschool a few days a week and sub on others but Im sure we can work something out!

My gym has a 'branch' near the mall of Ga i think.. I use Bodyplex when i train at the gym. I think there is one in lawrenceville or something. We can meet half way? I know they have branches in athens too if im over that way.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #1031

Kristie you did awesome.

Time passes no matter.. I didnt put a timeline on getting in shape, i just started and kept going.. sometimes its easy to get frustrated but think of it this way: starting from the inside out, you will make changes and over time, the more you shed (think roll of paper towels) the more of the smaller you will see.

Quote:
C/o Alwyn Cosgrove Via Erik's LBC blog

This is a post from Alwyn Cosgrove's blog that I thought was a really good analogy for the rate of progress and being patient.

Let’s assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with 112 paper towels on it. You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your “before” picture). The other one represents you (I’ll call your paper towel “Ed”).The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed.

For sake of argument, let’s say that Ed wants to lose 28 pounds of fat, so (112/28) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost.

Let’s also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the program.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll (“Big Ed”) for comparison.

No noticeable difference! Even at the end of the week!

"This can’t be working for me! This program sucks! " But, you continue to follow your fat loss program. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Ed, and still notice very little difference.

But Ed is determined! He continues to work hard!

Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Ed again.

Now there’s a big difference!

By the end of the program (112 days), Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Big Ed is still - well, big.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area – just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover one layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you four times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same – your perception is just different! And you’ll never see the inside, if you aren’t patient while the outside is coming off!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #1032

I know it is subjective but it pisses me off that T looks that good, and didnt win, LOL I know she is not in for that, I never win nothing, so I want someone to win something, LOL

Good comparison about the paper towels this is so true, like I lost almost 50 pounds and was still in 18's, then all of a sudden the sizes were dropping fast, like I skipped 16 went to 14 and now 12 and my weight has not changed much, mYbe 20 pounds from 18-12 I agree the smaller you get you see a gain much more easily too, like I could see my Christmas bloat, when I was over 300 pounds I could gain or lose 25 pounds and no one noticed and neither did I, I was fat and still fat! The leaner you are the more noticeable the change for sure in either direction.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #1033
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
[QUOTE=WATCH-ME-SHRINK;15302039]Sharon, that pic is misleading...it's what I actually was in the mood for at the time, but we actually only got about an inch that day. I'm just a visual person. I see/dream something in my mind, it becomes real to me, and I often will illustrate my thoughts with pictures. But yeah, I just heard on the news last night at the gym that you guys are really warm lately, and for ND, yeah, so very strange! I'm sure you'll be getting snow before long.

How are things going for you the first few days of our New Year? On track? Feeling good? Motivated? I'm here for you, woman.

[

Hi Twyla
I'm having a great first week -- I weighed myself today - (coudn't stand the suspense) and am down 3 lbs for the week. I going to do another session of weight training today -- the second for the week -- am slowly getting back into that and am starting slowly -- I know I'll burn myself out if I try to do too much too quickly....

I did alot of soul searching in November and December -- kind of an early New Years reflection -- thinking about last year and mainly following a low glycemic way of eating -- and I finally came to the conclusion that I need to do what works for me -- I just didn't have it in me anymore to follow someone else's plan per se....

So what I'm doing this year is watching my calories without becoming obsessive about it -- eating more veggies -- and doing IF.....I finally feel free of diet mentality and feeling guilty about eating something that isn't on "plan" --- what a relief!!!

I feel more positive about myself this year than I ever have -- it's taken me years to get here - but it sure feels good.

Have a wonderful day -- still no snow here -- going to be in the 50's next week - but we're loving the warm weather too -- makes for great walks/runs outdoors.

Sharon
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #1034

Hi Sharon!
I like your reflections.. Good luck with your goals

Amber T did win ! She got up there! She not only talked the talk but walked the walk. Short term was the contest, long term is just being

Twyla, hope you are having a relaxing weekend.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #1035

Quote:

Well, I got an Oxygen magazine. I have only read about half of it now. What a wealth of information. I am doing like you suggested, my homework of building different types of exercises for each muscle group.

I went to the gym yesterday, and I did 2 exercises for my tricpes, chest, shoulders, back, biceps, quads, some ab work, squats, lunges, step-ups.... I know this may not be ideal... but it is a huge accomplishment for me. I am sore this morning too.

I was a little less intimidated than I had been. Even though the people probably thought, look at that hag, she has her book writing stuff down. She must be so old that she can't even remember the exercises, but I don't care!!!! I want this and the only way to make it happen is just do it and not let my fears get in the way of my success.

I look in the mirror at the fat, the rolls, the dimples and it would be so easy so say, what the heck, this is not going to change me....but I know if I stick with it, I will come out victorious and be so glad that I have stuck with it!!!

I want to thank all of you again, because without all of your help and knowledge thus far, I would just doing the treadmill, elliptical, and a few machines.

Your competitive attitude and wanting to constantly improve yourself is so motivating!!!

I know that in one year, I will look back and be so thankful that I started rather than waiting. I will be 40 December 30th and I want to look so much better than I do now!! With and without clothes!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
Kristi, I'm really happy for you, AND I'm proud of you. You are committed to working out. It takes discipline to do what you're doing ON YOUR OWN, without a trainer standing over you, depending on you to show up, pushing you, etc. In many ways, it shows more strength, more POWER, than doing it with somone else, whether a buddy or a trainer. You are doing it for you, by yourself. That's big in my book. That's really the way it should be with everyone's REASONING for wanting to get fit.

A person has to want to get fit and strong and healthy for him or herself. They have to want to LOOK GOOD NAKED FOR him or herself. Not for their s/o's, their spouse, their mom/dad/kids/co-workers.

It has to REALLY meann something to the inner person, to want to be their best for themselves.

I see that in you. You're proving it in your efforts. And yes, I agree --

YOU WILL BE GLAD ONE YEAR FROM NOW THAT YOU'VE ALREADY BEGUN.

Today.

Not tomorrow. Next week. When this is perfect, or the wind blows just right, finances are better, winter is over, or whatever other thing may keep someone from beginning.

Look at the example you are setting for others who might be intimidated to join a gym -- perhaps for some of the same reasons you may have at one time had. You have taken the initiative ... who knows what seed of confidence you have have planted in someone else. So hold that pretty head proudly when you walk in that gym, girlfriend. Strut your stuff. Be proud. Be confident. Be determined. Be focused. These are what makes a person beautiful and admirable.

I am just so very proud of you. I am. Keep up the good work, woman.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #1036

Quote:
I did alot of soul searching in November and December -- kind of an early New Years reflection -- thinking about last year and mainly following a low glycemic way of eating -- and I finally came to the conclusion that I need to do what works for me -- I just didn't have it in me anymore to follow someone else's plan per se....

So what I'm doing this year is watching my calories without becoming obsessive about it -- eating more veggies -- and doing IF.....I finally feel free of diet mentality and feeling guilty about eating something that isn't on "plan" --- what a relief!!!

I feel more positive about myself this year than I ever have -- it's taken me years to get here - but it sure feels good.....(Sharon)
Sharon, your words are inspiring. Soul searching. Key words. Everyone needs to do a little soul searching now and then.

Of course you have to do what works for YOU. Your plan, your diet, your routine, whatever it is, it has to be "Sharon Style," or it won't be a good fit and won't stick. I like to hear you say this.

I wish you well. I have a good feeling about this. Just like the song goes (love this one, it's on my MP3 playlist for the gym btw)...

"Oh, sometimes I get a good feeling, yeah
I get a feeling that I never never never never had before, no no
I get a good feeling, yeah!"

I look forward to cheering you on and following your progress. I hope you're having a great weekend too.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
T did win ! She got up there! She not only talked the talk but walked the walk. Short term was the contest, long term is just being
Twyla, hope you are having a relaxing weekend.
What
a
great
big
beautiful
virtual
hug
for me!

Love you, Ileen.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #1038

Quote:
Good comparison about the paper towels this is so true......when I was over 300 pounds I could gain or lose 25 pounds and no one noticed and neither did I, I was fat and still fat! The leaner you are the more noticeable the change for sure in either direction.
Agreed!
One of the best analogies on fat loss evah!

Love this.

Amber, that avatar is ABSOLUTELY stunning, girlfriend.
Stunning.
Do not remove that one.
It's my favorite by far!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #1039

Just got back from the gym, third day in a row. Ouch. My lower body is SCREAMING FOR MERCY...

BEGGING...

"Enough already, please!"

I nailed glutes today. Did bridges with a 35# weight plate, four sets, with 20 pulses at the end of each set.

Had to scrape myself back up off the floor.

I'm gonna take tomorrow off, rest day, then back at it on Monday.

On a mission...back to clean eating and getting rid of this holiday weight creep.

Feels great.

Gotta run...tons of things to do this weekend.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #1040

Thank you T!!!

Sharon- I know I am so done trying to stick to some plan and getting no where, I am doing the Amber diet, at this point I want to eat healthy going forward, I still want to lose more weight but with 150 pounds off I should know what to eat, for goodness sakes! I am still tracking so I can see what works, so far this week 7 pounds of Christmas bloat off, I soooo agree with you!!! I look at it as I have to eat for the rest of my life and I have to exercise the rest of my life, so better find the things I love and stick with them!!!!

T- I wanted to tell you we hiked today 5.3 miles took 3 hours, OMG I am dying, it was hard, using muscles I was not used to and all the elevation, even Tony said this was a hard trail, LOL But I figure that was good calorie burn and the 3 hours with him was really great we talked so much!!

Tomorrow is my first Bikram Yoga session, 90 miuntes, 26 postures in a 110 degree room, LOL I will let you know how it goes!!!Tony is reluctantly going, I said if I got muddy you are getting yoga's, LOL We have no kids this weekend so we are enjoying some much needed quality time!!! I am reminding myself to not take hubby for granted I need to put as much time into him as I do other things, he sometimes gets put on the back burner!!!

Kristi- still no lifting book, I got the Eat for Life Bill Phillips book though, so I will have to try some recipes!!! I will let you know how it is!!!

hi Ileen!!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #1041

On the hunt for new music this afternoon, and in my searching stumbled across this beauty/must have. Great running song.

(SSN also has his version of David Guetta's "Without You" that I plan to download.)

"Moonlight." Speaks to me in a myriad of ways:

Yahoo! Video Detail for Steven Sharp Nelson - Moonlight - Electric Cell...

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-08-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #1042

Why does it seem colder and darker this winter than in all winters that have come before?

I think I can guess.

I'm getting old(er).

This past weekend was NOT a good one for sticking to plan. I wasn't terribly naughty, but naughty enough to trigger the cravings all over again. Ugh.

Gotta try harder this week.

Yesterday was an all cardio day. 25 mins morning, then 42 mins evening. My husband went on a run with me last night. We ran intervals. It was a good workout. I felt "forgiven" from my sins earlier in the afternoon when I had the munchies. Well, sort of forgiven.

Today starts a new week and I commit to being more diligent with my eating habits. It will be a busy week for me at work AND in the evenings. Lots going on.

Time to rock and roll...
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #1043

T- youa re braver than me, it was 58 on Saturday and like 28 yesterday!! I hate this weather, LOL It is staying lighter a little longer though, when I leave the gym it is not pitch black anymore, LOL Winer cant end fast enough for me, I hate it!!! So cool hubby ran with you!!! Yoga was really awesome, all muscle aches are gone, it was really hard, but now tonight the trainer will have me all sore again!!

Have a good week, you can do it!!!! When you get the munchies, look at your pic at the competition!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Good Morning Twyla!

Have a great weekend!!!
I love this quote! It reminds me of something I heard once about a person not wanting to go back to school for their degree because they would be 40 by the time they would be done -- and someone else's response back to that person was -- "well - you'll be 40 in four years anyway - so why not be 40 years old with a degree?"

So in one year - we'll all be older -- why not be older and healthier -- right?? Thanks for sharing that quote!
Sharon
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Why does it seem colder and darker this winter than in all winters that have come before?

I think I can guess.

I'm getting old(er).

This past weekend was NOT a good one for sticking to plan. I wasn't terribly naughty, but naughty enough to trigger the cravings all over again. Ugh.

Gotta try harder this week.

Yesterday was an all cardio day. 25 mins morning, then 42 mins evening. My husband went on a run with me last night. We ran intervals. It was a good workout. I felt "forgiven" from my sins earlier in the afternoon when I had the munchies. Well, sort of forgiven.

Today starts a new week and I commit to being more diligent with my eating habits. It will be a busy week for me at work AND in the evenings. Lots going on.

Time to rock and roll...
Happy to say its warmer down here.

There shall be no talk of any compensation exercise, restriction etc even if its mental thoughts.. because if eating. Those arent healthy thoughts...
Its back on plan if you ate off plan..
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiesam View Post
I love this quote! It reminds me of something I heard once about a person not wanting to go back to school for their degree because they would be 40 by the time they would be done -- and someone else's response back to that person was -- "well - you'll be 40 in four years anyway - so why not be 40 years old with a degree?"

So in one year - we'll all be older -- why not be older and healthier -- right?? Thanks for sharing that quote!
Sharon
i alway say time is going to pass anyway. May as well so SOMETHING.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #1047

FRom Erik's FB page..post a few hrs ago.

Quote:
Lean Bodies Consulting FB page: Erik
Often times some of the issues people face are related to certain
emotional triggers that lead to eating. These slip ups can really
put a damper on a person's motivation. There's just so much self-
torture and guilt that comes with the slip up. A few things I
want to say about this:

First, it's not that big a deal. Seriously, get over it. The last
thing you should be doing is trying to compensate for a mistake
by either cutting out meals or doing more exercise. Don't do it.
All you're doing is reinforcing bad habits. Simply pick yourself
back up, get back on the horse, and don't look back. Even once.
Move on.

Secondly, caving in and having a cookie isn't the end of the
world. Sure, it wasn't on your plan, but you slipped up. It's
one cookie. What happens with some people is that they then say
'Well, I messed up. I might as well go hog wild and make it
really count'. Next thing you know that one cookie turned into a
whole bag of cookies. Now you've got a problem. The one cookie?
No big deal. The whole bag? Yes, that's a big deal. Flat Tire Phenomenon.

And finally, if you're one of these people, there's a pattern
here that needs to be broken. The whole 'get stressed, get
angry, get sad, eat' equation needs to be adjusted. This is a
habit. So you need to recognize what habits you have, and start
to try to find new, and more beneficial behavioral responses
to these emotional triggers.

How do you get rid of a habit? Replace it with another one. Tough
at first, but eventually this new habit will replace the old one.

Change the habit and the associated habits MUST change too. Read
that again.

Here's to a week of great progress.
Erik
Old 01-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #1048

some great conversation that followed that post in the comments:

Quote:
Avery said
For some people this all goes much deeper than the mental aspect. Hormones play such huge role in the cravings so when awareness is brought to this realm then it's likely the "slips" can be avoided.
Quote:
Erik said
Cravings are a mindset issue, they're not physiological; they're psychological. Your body doesn't tell you it doesn't want cheeseburgers, it wants pizza. LOL

You rule them, or they rule you. Everyone gets them, hormones or not; they are going to be around forever, so it's about acceptance, not resistance, since again, we all get them. No one is immune to cravings.
Quote:
Maryk
I am so grateful for this post, Erik, in this never ending mantra of punishment and deprivation from the fitness world ... thank you for continuing to stand for others on their quest of fitness and being an incredible coach, Erik. When did you say your speaking tour begins?!?
Quote:
Wendy said
I am not so guilty of the flat tire phenomenon, but I am guilty of doing something like skipping a meal if I cheat (or part of the next meal). I keep telling myself this is probably doing more harm because the cheat may have been small, but then I miss a meal. But this mentality is sometimes hard to overcome. This is something I am trying to work on in the new yea
Quote:
Erik said:
It does do more harm than good Wendy. Maybe understanding that truth will help you make a better choice to not skip subsequent meals in order to compensate in the future.

Last edited by inatic; 01-09-2012 at 01:17 PM..
Old 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #1049

Love how my favorite coaches always say the perfect things at the perfect time!

Quote:
This from Coach Scott Abel's FB page
Its not about "resisting temptation" but a surrendering "of" it altogether - all your 'ego of want' actually wants - is to be acknowledged. So, just give yourself emotional permission to have anything and everything "if you really want to" - and you'll find even your own 'ego of want' doesn't want an endless supply of ice-cream sundaes. In the energy of "surrendering resistance"- you free yourself from struggle.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #1050

Ileen- that is some good stuff, I have to share that last one on our honey badger challenge!!!

That is some good head talk to say I can have anything but choose not too, that is exactly what I have been doing this week, eating what sounds good and healthy to me and nourishing myself, and I got 7 pounds of bloat off, when we start changing our mindset that is where real change is made!!! I know this, but I have to remind myself of this, all things food will be here forever we can eat them whenever, but I am choosing not to now, cause I am focused on a goal!!!!