LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Edith Lovejoy Pierce
We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

Ohhh T they are all good, but I love this one, 2011 was such a great year for me getting married, embracing exercise, working on the eating, I am hopeful that 2012 will be just as good!!! I am feeling better today but even sick I drug my butt to the gym, and ate no crap, I am back with a vengeance!!! Linda Hamilton's Terminator arms will be mine this year, LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #992
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Thanks so much for answering my questions!! It is helping to build my knowledge of strength training.

I so enjoyed your quotes you posted about the new year!! I am planning to have a great year with my relationships, health, working out....

I am so hoping that your bought with depression is subsiding. The holidays are such a rough time. My DH has really been fighting a battle this holiday season as well. He lost his dad almost 7 years ago and with his health issues to add to it, it has been rough to say the least. With really not knowing what to say, I just give him his space and let him have his time. I am sending you a your way! You are such an inspiration and so eager to help, may you have a truly blessed 2012!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #993
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Happy New year!

Hello, Twyla!

I've been away from the board for a very long time: my job and my family literally absorb so much time that sitting down in front of my laptop and read something has become a sort of luxury.I finally found some spare time some days ago and read with great pleasure your journal, and discovered that this past year has been really important for you. You went through so many things...Surgery, the recovery, and then the competition!!!
You rock girl!!!!
You are in such a great shape,you really look awesome!And I salute you for your commitment and consistency. I really enjoy your journal because you're such a living proof that if you want something badly...you can get it! I'm so happy for you that you've found a passion and followed it every step of the way, no matter how difficult it is.And you teach us that we can make time for doing well everything, no excuses allowed.
I've been through a stressful year,as I went back to job life became more hectic than ever...nevertheless, I thought of you a lot while trying to stay committed to my fitness goals, and tried to apply your method: you're an incredible source of inspiration!
Well, I tried to workout and have a healthy nutrition as much as possible, went through a plateau but seem to have found a training routine that helped me to start losing weight again, and have almost dropped another size in pants, so...may I say that I'm pretty happy with my results?Yes!And I give you a bit of credit for this!
I don't know when I'll be able to post here again, but I just wanted to thank you for all you do, keeping this journal lit, and just wanted to wish you a happy, healthy year: may you reap good things, in every aspect of your life, and may you treasure every moment!
Ellie

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Patience is the companion of wisdom.(Saint Augustine)
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #994

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Edith Lovejoy Pierce
We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

Ohhh T they are all good, but I love this one...I am feeling better today, but even sick, I drug my butt to the gym and ate no crap...I am back with a vengeance!!! Linda Hamilton's Terminator arms will be mine this year, LOL
Claim those arms, Girl!
Just go after it.

(Glad you are feeling better today.)
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #995

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Thanks so much for answering my questions!! It is helping to build my knowledge of strength training.

I so enjoyed your quotes you posted about the new year!! I am planning to have a great year with my relationships, health, working out....

I am so hoping that your bought with depression is subsiding. The holidays are such a rough time. My DH has really been fighting a battle this holiday season as well. He lost his dad almost 7 years ago and with his health issues to add to it, it has been rough to say the least. With really not knowing what to say, I just give him his space and let him have his time. I am sending you a your way! You are such an inspiration and so eager to help, may you have a truly blessed 2012!!!
Thank you, Kristi. I'm resolving to get through this and come out stronger -- both mentally and physically -- than before.

As for your desire to arm yourself with training knowledge, be patient and enjoy the ride. You can learn as you go and keep adding to that arsenal of knowledge as you experiment and advance in your journey. It's what I have done. I've never had an official "personal trainer," per se. When I first began dabbling in weight training after my third son was born (clueless!), a close friend of mine who was a trainer at our local gym just happened to work out at "dark thirty" a.m. when I did, and he helped me tremendously. Over the years, I just continued to ask, read, research, watch, experiment, and learn. It's a process. You are young, and you have your whole life ahead of you to be your best. How exciting!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
Hello, Twyla!

I've been away from the board for a very long time: my job and my family literally absorb so much time that sitting down in front of my laptop and read something has become a sort of luxury.

Makes total sense to ME.

I finally found some spare time some days ago and read with great pleasure your journal, and discovered that this past year has been really important for you. You went through so many things...Surgery, the recovery, and then the competition!!!You rock girl!!!!

You are in such a great shape,you really look awesome!And I salute you for your commitment and consistency. I really enjoy your journal because you're such a living proof that if you want something badly...you can get it! I'm so happy for you that you've found a passion and followed it every step of the way, no matter how difficult it is.And you teach us that we can make time for doing well everything, no excuses allowed.

Ellie...really! So appreciate that.

I've been through a stressful year,as I went back to job life became more hectic than ever...nevertheless, I thought of you a lot while trying to stay committed to my fitness goals, and tried to apply your method: you're an incredible source of inspiration!

Well, I tried to workout and have a healthy nutrition as much as possible, went through a plateau but seem to have found a training routine that helped me to start losing weight again, and have almost dropped another size in pants, so...may I say that I'm pretty happy with my results?Yes!And I give you a bit of credit for this!

Fabulous! So happy to hear about your good results!

I don't know when I'll be able to post here again, but I just wanted to thank you for all you do, keeping this journal lit, and just wanted to wish you a happy, healthy year: may you reap good things, in every aspect of your life, and may you treasure every moment!
Ellie
Ellie, let me just say that I have really missed you being around. Your friendship has meant a lot to me over the years we've known and supported/encouraged each other. Thank you for the kind wishes for the new year. I'm glad that we can serve to inspire each other. Thank goodness for the internet, or else how would we ever have found each other, huh?

Please keep up the good work and keep focused on your goals. "Keep your passion lit," my friend. You owe it to yourself AND to your family.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #997

Today is our first "measureable" snow of the year -- well, of the season actually. We've had squalls of snow off and on all morning.

I'm out of the habit of running, and with it cold and windy it's harder to find the urgency to get out there and push myself. I find that to withstand the temps and maintain endurance in cold weather, you truly have to run regularly, and I haven't. So I will have to stick to my elliptical, power walks, Turbo Jam's Cardio Party, and HipHopAbs Cardio DVD's to get in my cardio when not at the gym. Having gone off plan for a full 24 hrs over NY's, I feel sluggish and bloated, and I prefer doubling up on cardio for the first 2-3 days while I detox, release the extra water, and wait for my energy to return.

I'm already feeling tons better than I did just 24 hrs ago. Eating clean serves me well. Although I won't lie, I still have sugar/carb cravings, just not as powerful as yesterday. Gotta drink the water and get in my cardio today. One more day and I should be cruising again.

The winter and the snow slows us down. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. I was reading a "winter" entry from my blog from last winter, and it reinforced my ability to embrace this season, to draw from it those things that I would otherwise miss if I focus only on the negatives. There is beauty in all seasons if we take the time to notice it.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #998

T- I know we have snow and it is blustery cold, I have to keep running or I lose all I built up, I am determined to do legs and run tonight on the treadmill, I hate it but I am so proud when I do it, I hate that treadmill, I really like running outside around the little lake near my house,it is so peaceful and I just really enjoy it. But I am a giant wuss in the cold, and the cold air zaps my breathing so treadmill it is, I am going to learn to run on that thing if it kills me!
I feel good, 2 days of clean eating and no desire for crap, I really want to see results, so I am striving for 10 hours of exercise per week, and hope that and the clean eating will work for me!

I ordered that book too, I am anxious to read it when it comes!

Kristi- T is right you can learn a lot by watching people, that was me, I hid upstairs on the elliptical and then I would just watch people and as my confidence grew I started asking what is this what is that, and of course my trainer I love, she makes me do all the crazy stuff I would never do alone, LOL But that is how I started one thing at a time, and I found little things I enjoyed and built on that.

Have a good one and bundle up, it is freezing!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-03-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #999

[QUOTE=Bejewelme;15293777]T- I know we have snow and it is blustery cold, I have to keep running or I lose all I built up, I am determined to do legs and run tonight on the treadmill, I hate it but I am so proud when I do it, I hate that treadmill, I really like running outside around the little lake near my house,it is so peaceful and I just really enjoy it. But I am a giant wuss in the cold, and the cold air zaps my breathing so treadmill it is, I am going to learn to run on that thing if it kills me!
I feel good, 2 days of clean eating and no desire for crap, I really want to see results, so I am striving for 10 hours of exercise per week, and hope that and the clean eating will work for me!

I ordered that book too, I am anxious to read it when it comes!

I have to salute you, Amber. I can't run on a treadmill. It just drives me crazy. I use the treadmill at the gym for interval cardio, but that's where I draw the line. I feel like a hamster in army boots when I run on that thing. And it faces the wall, so that exaggerates the "caged" feeling I have. LOL On the other hand, your sticking to it makes me feel a teeny weeny bit envious. You go on, girl! Do it!

Kristi- T is right you can learn a lot by watching people, that was me, I hid upstairs on the elliptical and then I would just watch people and as my confidence grew I started asking what is this what is that, and of course my trainer I love, she makes me do all the crazy stuff I would never do alone, LOL [/B]

If only more people would watch, ask, learn. Can't tell you how many countless people I see using horrible form, doing countless hours of cardio, or doing the same meaningless exercises over and over and over and over, changing NOTHING about it.

I highly recommend a subscription to Oxygen magazine (how many times have I said this before??? I know...). It is not a bunch of annoying commercial fluff. It gets right to the meat of the matter on training, cardio, form, fat burning, exercises (pictures, why's, do's, don'ts, muscle anatomy), supplements, diet, etc. I literally read it cover to cover. Very inspiring stuff.

I did my evening cardio in the garage on my elliptical last night-- with a turtleneck and a coat when I started! I was freezing enuf in the garage...I can imagine what it felt like outside.

Gonna do some Turbo Jam this morning...a more balmy atmosphere, if you will...in the mood for a little jammin/kick boxin'.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #1000

No particular text needed for this one. I just like it. I'm a visual sort of being.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #1001

T- I know I feel like a clod but I am determined to embrace it, I need other ipod buds though they kept falling out, LOL I felt like Clydesdale not a thoroughbred but I cant tell you how proud I was when I finished, I am going to do it!!! It is a balmy 9 here this morning too cold to run for sure!

Oxygen- I never heard you mention that, but I picked up a copy and a bunch of others and it was by far the best of the bunch!!! Very good reading, and I agree people with terrible form at the gym, I am like if you are investing the time to come here do it right, that is the one thing I have learned from my trainer she is a stickler with form, I am like I can lift more, she is like nope you get all crazy just listen to me, LOL

Day 3 underway, the amber plan is working, I am losing the bloat, I feel good, good workouts, I got over that virus thank goodness that was one night, I am doing this, I am more determined than ever to get under 200 this month! Enough fooling! No food or wine is going to stop me!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #1002

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
ya'll stay warm! its freezing here! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I cant even imagine what it is up north!

During off season, i dont do much of any 'traditional' cardio but current have ab/core circuits. Like T, i'd rather poke my eyes out with forks that run 'distance' on the 'deadmill' lol. Definitely and interval or fast, incline walking thing for me.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #1003

We were one of the warmer areas at 9 this morning, LOL OMG my office so cold I am typing in gloves, that is crazy, when they did this building I got screwed with the heat, my boss's office is like 100 mine is 54 I have a thermometer, I have two heaters on, I cant work in these conditions, LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #1004

Recipe of the Week:

Craving-Killing Peanut Butter Cookies

(Oxygen Magazine Nov 2010)
[img]http://photos-ak.***********.com/nw/3/0/l308340083.jpg[/img]

Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 12
Number of Servings: 24

Ingredients
- Egg Whites, 0.33 cup
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, Vanilla Ice Cream, 60g
- 100% Natural Stevia Plus Sweetener, 1 tsp
- Almond Meal/Flour, 0.5 cup
- Baking Soda, 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract, .5 tsp
- Organic Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 cup

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
3. Form little balls with a spoon or your hands and place on a lightly greased or lined baking sheet
4. Bake for 12 minutes. Ball with puff up and lightly brown. Cool for a few minutes before eating.

Serving Size: 25-30 cookies

Number of Servings: 24

Nutritional Info
• Servings Per Recipe: 24
• Amount Per Serving
• Calories: 95.5
• Total Fat: 6.6 g
• Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
• Sodium: 82.2 mg
• Total Carbs: 2.9 g
• Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
• Protein: 5.4 g

Quote:
THE BEST WAY TO BURN

Q. What’s better for burning calories, lifting weights or cardio?

A. You may be surprised: Strength training is the winner. A study by the University of Southern Maine found that a resistance workout can burn anywhere from 20 to 28 calories per minute, adding up to substantially more than what you would expend during a steady-state run in the same amount of time.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- I know I feel like a clod but I am determined to embrace it, I need other ipod buds though they kept falling out....I cant tell you how proud I was when I finished, I am going to do it!!!

Day 3 underway, the amber plan is working....!

Enough Said.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
ya'll stay warm! its freezing here! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I cant even imagine what it is up north!

We nauthun-nahs have learned to "embrace" crazy cold temps. We do what we gotta.

I think I'd rather bundle up and deal with it in winter rather than be miserable in the dead of summer inland in the south.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #1007

Gosh those cookies look good the problem is 24 of them, I tend to be a hog and stuff them in before I can freeze them, LOL

Not me I will take heat anyday although I like the desert heat over the humid heat, we gotta be picky, LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

I am so thankful to all of you ladies about enlightening me on strength vs cardio. I see people at the gym that are on that treadmill or elliptical for it seems like forever.... They must not have LCF to help them!.

I took my "new rules of lifting" book to work and a friend of mine has enjoyed reading it. This surprises me because I assumed she would know all this stuff since she has been a swimmer and a workout person for years... Goes to show how truly ignorant to strength training a lot of people are...I don't mean this in a negative way by any means. I just wonder how many people go to the gym day after day and never achieve their goals and don't know why...

I will go get a copy of Oxygen. Can you buy them anywhere they have magazines?

Can you believe this weather Illeen? It is so cold. I'm like you I can't imagine how it would be up north!!! It is cold as crap! I have a nasty cold and I am so hoping it doesn't turn into an ear ache and sore throat! I stayed at home from work today in hopes of this one happening!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
We nauthun-nahs have learned to "embrace" crazy cold temps. We do what we gotta.

I think I'd rather bundle up and deal with it in winter rather than be miserable in the dead of summer inland in the south.

My problem with the cold is that I'm not really prepared for it. I don't own any layering clothes. I have lived in GA all my life, so I don't know any different!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #1010

Kristi- that is why I think a trainer is a good investment even if for a couple of sessions, they are usually certified and know what they are doing, I watch so many people come in each day and they have changed nothing in a year, what is the point? I mean I guess moving is better than nothing, but I better see results, I want to see some tangible change,and I have to say exercise has done that. I don't know why women are afraid of weights, to me that is my favorite part, man I love that I can move a whole stack of something, that is what totally gets me off! LOL I am always like I want to lift more, or push more, I guess everyone has their thing, but that is why I wanted to try different things, yoga is getting me off, I love the way I feel the morning after, Plates killled me the next day I should do that more, I like variety or I will get bored. But I never tire of lifting there are so many things you can do to mix it up, machines, free weights, cables, you name it!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #1011

I dont tolerate the cold very well being hypoT.. my body temp easily swings. I'd rather be on the warmer side.. Part lizzard I say!

Kristi feel better! Up your vit D! Im glad we've enlightened you to the treadmill. Please no holding while on it.. Defeats half the purpose of full body wt!

I have to disagree with the fact that most trainers know what they are doing.. from the selections of gyms ive been in they go from allowing horrid form to having clients do the most rediculous things! Sheesh. if someone isnt stable two feet on the ground, what makes them THINK that getting on a bousu ball etc is better????
'shop' cautiously. Being certified doesnt equal qualified.

T's those look yummy. Who can stop at one lol! i'd starve.. HUGE bottomless pit..

For the single serving kind of gal, check out 'chocolate covered Katie' on FB.. TONS of single serving 'treat' ideas many with pp and sf options.

Last edited by inatic; 01-04-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
I am so thankful to all of you ladies about enlightening me on strength vs cardio. I see people at the gym that are on that treadmill or elliptical for it seems like forever.... They must not have LCF to help them!.

I took my "new rules of lifting" book to work and a friend of mine has enjoyed reading it. This surprises me because I assumed she would know all this stuff since she has been a swimmer and a workout person for years... Goes to show how truly ignorant to strength training a lot of people are...I don't mean this in a negative way by any means. I just wonder how many people go to the gym day after day and never achieve their goals and don't know why...

I will go get a copy of Oxygen. Can you buy them anywhere they have magazines?
Kristi, Yes, you can get Oxygen just anywhere, grocery store, Walmart, etc. Must get your first copy. I have every issue I've ever bought or subscribed to and covet them like gold.

And as for the benefits of strength training and the difference it can make in one's body composition, these pics speak for themselves. I see how it's changed my body from what it was only a few years ago, now that I've made lifting & training a priority. And if it will do this for women, just THINK what guys who don't lift are missing out on! They have it a lot easier than we do. But until someone actually gets in there and puts out the effort and sees the progress, they will remain, as you say, "ignorant" to what strength training can do for us.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-04-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #1013

Quote:

T's those look yummy. Who can stop at one lol! i'd starve.. HUGE bottomless pit..

For the single serving kind of gal, check out 'chocolate covered Katie' on FB.. TONS of single serving 'treat' ideas many with pp and sf options.
It's on my Must Do list for today!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #1014

I am checking that out, thatis what I need just a hit of something to get me through sometimes, if I make a batch I run the risk of eating too many!

T- no matter how many times I see your pics, you are FREAKING AMAZING!!! I want those arms, cripes I only got like 3 divots you can see when I move, LOL

If I had those arms I would be making everyone look at them, LOL I woud be like look stranger, look at me, LOL But then again, you know I am shy! LOL

I dont know if you watch BL but there was a girl that was a professional wrestler, she got her back broken, in her before she was ripped, 10% body fat, she gained 100 pounds, I am so routing for her, I was always fat, fatter and fattest, I cant imagine being that ripped and then so far from it, see if you can google it the match she was in was televised her back was broken and she got up and won the fight then collapsed, good stories on that show!

Hey are you off today or goofing like me? LOL No one wants to work since we came back!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kristi feel better! Up your vit D! Im glad we've enlightened you to the treadmill. Please no holding while on it.. Defeats half the purpose of full body wt!

I have to disagree with the fact that most trainers know what they are doing.. from the selections of gyms ive been in they go from allowing horrid form to having clients do the most rediculous things! Sheesh. if someone isnt stable two feet on the ground, what makes them THINK that getting on a bousu ball etc is better????

thanks Illeen! Maybe I need to get in the tanning bed! That is what I'm afraid of also about the trainer. It's not in my budget right now anyway. So I will continue to do research, ask all of y'all questions, and teach myself. I like knowing why something will or will not work. It's like doing a research project! Gathering my info, asking questions, reading, researching, etc. Its like college all over again.....
Old 01-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #1016
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Today is our first "measureable" snow of the year -- well, of the season actually. We've had squalls of snow off and on all morning.

I'm out of the habit of running, and with it cold and windy it's harder to find the urgency to get out there and push myself. I find that to withstand the temps and maintain endurance in cold weather, you truly have to run regularly, and I haven't. So I will have to stick to my elliptical, power walks, Turbo Jam's Cardio Party, and HipHopAbs Cardio DVD's to get in my cardio when not at the gym. Having gone off plan for a full 24 hrs over NY's, I feel sluggish and bloated, and I prefer doubling up on cardio for the first 2-3 days while I detox, release the extra water, and wait for my energy to return.

I'm already feeling tons better than I did just 24 hrs ago. Eating clean serves me well. Although I won't lie, I still have sugar/carb cravings, just not as powerful as yesterday. Gotta drink the water and get in my cardio today. One more day and I should be cruising again.

The winter and the snow slows us down. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. I was reading a "winter" entry from my blog from last winter, and it reinforced my ability to embrace this season, to draw from it those things that I would otherwise miss if I focus only on the negatives. There is beauty in all seasons if we take the time to notice it.

Hey Twyla
Send that snow my way -- I cross country ski in the winter for my cardio and we have BROWN grass here -- it's 59 degrees right now -- YES -- in North Dakota of all places!

have a great day
Sharon
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #1017

Kristie you definitely want some vit D... Im not against tanning beds but easiest way to get it. maybe some day i'll hitch a ride with my son Daniel over to UGA and we can hit a gym together. If you ever find your way over my way, let me know. I'd be glad to meet up and help ya.

Warmed up some here to 55.. low 60-64 by sunday. YES!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #1018

Hey T you know I love the Beverly International stuff I got something from them yesterday about the show in Northern KY, the National Physique Committee, its a National Qualifying Event, March 24 they have an over 45 group, I am pushing you, LOL I think you should do it, me and Kristi will step aside and let you win, LOL They did send their 2012 Platinum Collectors edition with lots of articles, man these people eat the same crap meal after meal that would kill me like did you eat the same thing day after day for 12 weeks? Good grief I would die!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kristie you definitely want some vit D... Im not against tanning beds but easiest way to get it. maybe some day i'll hitch a ride with my son Daniel over to UGA and we can hit a gym together. If you ever find your way over my way, let me know. I'd be glad to meet up and help ya.

Warmed up some here to 55.. low 60-64 by sunday. YES!
That sounds like a plan Illeen!!! You are in Alpharetta, right? I used to go to North Point Mall a lot when I lived at home in Winder. We would go to Cumming to Belk's and Parsons and then onto North Point. I haven't been in a long time though. The last time was probably when I took my DD to American Girl Doll store. We need to make this happen.... Or at least I do.. Help from someone as knowledge as you when it comes to training...

I am liking this warmer weather too!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #1020

im actually forsyth county and a blink out the the cumming zipcode. right off Ga 400 exit 12. I know where parsons is. USED to have to shop up that way. but any more since the south end of forsyth is so developed.