Old 12-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post

You need some downtime!

(just dont over do cardio in your off season, it comes back to bite ya.)

I've been off from school since friday and dont work again til the 4th(if subbing, 5th reg teaching day)
Got my down time, Ileen!

The cardio? It hits my happy button in ways that weight lifting can't always do. It's just the way I'm wired, I guess. It's a go-to elixir when I can't get to the gym!

Hope you're enjoying your time at home and with family.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #962

Having had some unplug time that was much needed, my Christmas celebration was punctuated with a few parties and get-togethers. I exercised retstraint mostly, but allowed myself some indulgences, far more, of course, on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Ugh. Bad choice? Good choice? Worth it? Well, yeah, I think it WAS worth it, but frankly, I'm tired of the CARBAGE. Ready to resume clean eating.

However, I'm planning a NYE party at my house, and I know there will be more temptations. I'm going to restrict it to mostly low carb food, however, not necessarily low fat, and then afterwards I'll be getting serious again.

When I weighed on Dec 23, I was only 5 lbs above my lowest weight this year (137), but I'm sure it's double that now. Mostly water, however, I'm sure. I'm gonna diet hard for the next five days before the party and drink lots of water, get in the cardio today, then resume lifting tomorrow. I only trained two days last week, but both days were great workouts.

My Christmas celebration began with our traditional candlelight nativity service at our church. The very young baby who played the part of Baby Jesus was a beautiful child -- absolutely stunning child -- with dark hair and eyes, and (she) was very interactive and sweet as she cooed and smiled at those caring for her. The significance of His Birth was bigger than life through this wonderful reenactment. Always makes me cry. My oldest son was one of the kings, and he's shown in the far right of the pic below, in gold. Loved this photo. Very moving service. Honored to be a part of it, and wouldn't DREAM of celebrating Christmas without making this service the focus.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Let's finish up the year with happy and positive thoughts, giving thanks for everyone in our lives who has brought joy to us. Remembering those I love, past and present, and holding them dear to my heart....

Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Jennifer, I apologize...
No need to apologize at all, Twyla. I'm glad you we having a good holiday break.

It's good to know that even with the focus on weights now you still feel like you benefit from Callanetics too. That it's not something my body will outgrow so to speak. Over the weekend my aunts were all wanting to know what I'd been doing for my legs and I was trying to explain it - how I have an almost runners like 'high' when it's over. A few of them watched parts of the DVD and just looked at me like I was crazy. It really is something you can't 'get' unless you do it. I could kick myself for letting it sit unused all this time.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #964

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- sounds like you had a great Christmas, it is a terrible time for diets, but you are so strict all the time, a few things wont hurt you!! You will be back at! I am pulling on my mean girl jeans come Jan with myself, LOL

Love the service pics, I have a favorite church in my hometown that just does it for me, and makes all the madness come into focus why we celebrate this season!!!

Happy New Year!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
Wow Twyla

Hi Twyla
Wow - you've been busy -- I've been away from LCF for so long -- I'll have to jump in and read your latest thread and hear all about the competition you entered! I saw a few of the pics and you look awesome! What an inspiration you are! I'm still plugging away on myself and am doing Callanetics and will begin weight training here in the next week or so --- been doing my "baby steps" running too - haven't improved much in that area --guess I"m just not "runner" material - but I do enjoy what I'm doing thus far.

For me -- 2012 is going to be my year to focus on myself and get "me" where I need to be......

Again - congrats on your acheivements this year -- Happy New Year.

From one Ergo lover to another
Sharon
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #966

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiesam View Post
Hi Twyla
Wow - you've been busy -- I've been away from LCF for so long -- I'll have to jump in and read your latest thread and hear all about the competition you entered! I saw a few of the pics and you look awesome! What an inspiration you are! I'm still plugging away on myself and am doing Callanetics and will begin weight training here in the next week or so --- been doing my "baby steps" running too - haven't improved much in that area --guess I"m just not "runner" material - but I do enjoy what I'm doing thus far.

For me -- 2012 is going to be my year to focus on myself and get "me" where I need to be......

Again - congrats on your acheivements this year -- Happy New Year.

From one Ergo lover to another
Sharon
Hey, Sharon. Where have YOU been, woman? I was beginning to think you'd dropped off the planet.

Thanks for the kudos/comments. The competition and prep for it was a FABULOUS experience, and that it helped me get into the best shape of my life was the bonus. I would so do it all over again. Will I? Time will tell. Whether I compete again or not, I DEFINITELY want to go back to eating clean and training with a focused agenda. I have never felt so good, strong, focused, energetic, and confident. I want that again.

The holidays have a way of turning me into a big frikkin sloth.

I'm ready to snap back into my senses and return to MY ZONE. Would love to have your company, girlfriend. Let's do this in 2012...our best, our PERSONAL BEST.

Do join me. Deal? WE CAN DO IT. What's stopping us? It begins here...

... and then demands this ...

C'mon, ErgoLovers Unite!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- sounds like you had a great Christmas, it is a terrible time for diets, but you are so strict all the time, a few things wont hurt you!!
You will be back at it!
I am pulling on my mean girl jeans come January with myself, LOL

No doubt about it, girl!

There are no options.

It WILL happen.

Just watch us!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post
No need to apologize at all, Twyla. I'm glad you we having a good holiday break.

It's good to know that even with the focus on weights now you still feel like you benefit from Callanetics too. That it's not something my body will outgrow so to speak. Over the weekend my aunts were all wanting to know what I'd been doing for my legs and I was trying to explain it - how I have an almost runners like 'high' when it's over. A few of them watched parts of the DVD and just looked at me like I was crazy.
It really is something you can't 'get' unless you do it.
I could kick myself for letting it sit unused all this time.
Bingo.

Could not have stated it any better!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #969

OMG...The Holiday is on Lifetime right now.

My favorite romantic comedy ever.

Gulp.

I gotta watch this.

Again.

(how many times now? Not enuf)

If anyone has NOT seen this fantastic movie, I highly recommend it.

Okay....back to regular programming....giggle/giggle, sniff/sniff.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #970

Oh The Holiday is a good movie, T, I know I can watch Christmas movies over and over!!!

You feel like a sloth, I feel like the Pillsbury dough boy and Marshmallow woman's love child, bloated, full, puffy,bulging gut, ughghgg, but yet it continues with my nieces and nephew sleepover, so we made smores, LOL

Oh well, the bad ass honey badger challenge is starting on Jan 2! LOL Stay tuned it is going to be strict and hard core, enough of this fun, it is back to business, I can't believe I am looking forward to brown rice and broccoli, LOL But I did run and work out today, so even though I am in full hog mode at the fed trough I am working out, LOL As mad as I get, we are having fun and I know the damage can be undone, and it is sort of fun to just not care for awhile, LOL Usually a good jag of indiscretion yields better losses afterwards, or so I keep telling myself, LOL

I am soooo enjoying being off with the kids and tony and that is what matters!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #971

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Thanks for the kudos/comments. The competition and prep for it was a FABULOUS experience, and that it helped me get into the best shape of my life was the bonus. I would so do it all over again. Will I? Time will tell. Whether I compete again or not, I DEFINITELY want to go back to eating clean and training with a focused agenda. I have never felt so good, strong, focused, energetic, and confident. I want that again.
it is who you are so no worries. Give yourself the downtime and dont allow the thought of 'diet' to rule you. Its should be what you do vs what will rule you (abelism
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #972

Quote:

You feel like a sloth, I feel like the Pillsbury dough boy and Marshmallow woman's love child, bloated, full, puffy, bulging gut, ughghgg, but yet it continues with my nieces and nephew sleepover, so we made smores...

Oh well, the bad ass honey badger challenge is starting on Jan 2!

Stay tuned it is going to be strict and hard core, enough of this fun, it is back to business
......I can't believe I am looking forward to brown rice and broccoli....

I am soooo enjoying being off with the kids and tony and that is what matters!

Strict, hard core, back to business.

Nice ring to those words! And I know you mean it!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:55 AM   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
it is who you are so no worries. Give yourself the downtime and dont allow the thought of 'diet' to rule you. Its should be what you do vs what will rule you (abelism
Agreed.
It IS who I am.

I know what to do and how to do it.

It doesn't rule me, it just keeps me vigilant and focused. When we lose focus, we risk losing far more.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
The holidays have a way of turning me into a big frikkin sloth.

I'm ready to snap back into my senses and return to MY ZONE. Would love to have your company, girlfriend. Let's do this in 2012...our best, our PERSONAL BEST.

Do join me. Deal? WE CAN DO IT. What's stopping us? It begins here...

... and then demands this ...

C'mon, ErgoLovers Unite!
Hi Twyla
The holidays have a way of turning me into more than a sloth -- but they're rapidly coming to an end -- and YES! I am with you in 2012 -- this is going to be a fabuluous year and I promise to get back to LCF to join in with all the wonderful people who are striving for their personal best! And that's all anyone can expect of themselves -- to do their BEST!

Enjoy your Egro this weekend -- I know I will.......see you in 2012 my friend....
Sharon
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #975

Sharon, I welcome your company as we work together this coming year. Happy New Year to you as well, friend.

I made it to the gym yesterday and again today, the first time since Friday before Christmas. (Or was it Thursday?) Anyway, slowly regaining my energy and strength and discipline.

It's been a rough holiday for me. Depression has set in unlike any other time in my life, and I've been hiding behind a facade as best I can. I have so much to be thankful for, but depression attacks unlikely victims.

It comes and goes, and for the most part, staying as active as I can, distracted as I can, has helped.

I had my doc appt today to discuss thyroid meds, and we spoke of this somewhat.

It's time to clean house and get some things put away, think about what to fix for dinner, and do other chores around the house, but I'd much rather take a nap. I may have to give in to my body's call for sleep. The rest will wait.

At least my workouts are out of the way. Maybe a nap will do me some good.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #976

T-I am sorry to hear you battle with depression, I have many friends that struggle with it and as you try to hide behind it-it is good you are seeking help and meds for it, they can treat it! I have my trainer tonight and cant wait, I have been pretty good with the exercise over the break, even if the eating and wine is off the charts, LOL

I have been reading up about what I am going to do at New years, I think eating carbs is important to working out,work outs and running are going to increase this year and I felt good eating healthy carbs, so I am thinking a macro mix of 45% protein,30% fat, 25% carbs what do you think of that, eating the carbs pre and post workout and not at night? And 2000 calories to start. Maybe that combined with the increased exercise will get me moving on the weight loss again, I certainly had a break from eating so maybe the stall will be broken! Somehow I lost 4 pounds of bloat overnight, thank goodness!!! I want to plan to be really strict, so you know I always value your input!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #977

Quote:
I have been reading up about what I am going to do at New years, I think eating carbs is important to working out,work outs and running are going to increase this year and I felt good eating healthy carbs, so I am thinking a macro mix of 45% protein,30% fat, 25% carbs what do you think of that, eating the carbs pre and post workout and not at night? And 2000 calories to start. Maybe that combined with the increased exercise will get me moving on the weight loss again, I certainly had a break from eating so maybe the stall will be broken! Somehow I lost 4 pounds of bloat overnight, thank goodness!!! I want to plan to be really strict, so you know I always value your input!
Amber, sounds like a solid plan and should work well for you. I would definitely keep your cals closer to 2000 for a while. It's best for your body not to wonder/worry whether it will have sufficient fuel to draw energy from so that it will keep the furnace burning hot for you. You can throw in one day a week, a day that you aren't working out, to have a lower day in cals and carbs, say 1600-1700 cals, and that gives your diet a cycling effect, so to speak. Always helpful.

As long as you're getting sufficient fuel and sufficient rest for the training and cardio, the diet you've outline should work just fine.

If "special occasions" come up, try to limit them to one cheat meal a week. And be prepared to expect backlash from the withdrawal from nicotine. You will have the help, but there still will be temptations. You have a challenge before you: Be on guard at all times. You can do it!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #978

There will be no cheating in the next 8 weeks at least, party over, I had my fun and its going to be over, I did it before I can do it again LOL! I am stuffing in sushi tonight before Monday, LOL I love sushi and I know that will be off limits! I hate when I get in this eat everything I crave mode, but I know I got a battle so it makes me feel better!

I am going to stock up on tons of celery and radish and try to eat that when I get all edgy from the not smoking, the boys are taking all their Christmas candy elsewhere I said that stuff needs to be hidden out of my sight, I am getting tough!

I am getting ready I know Jan is going to be a good month I can do this, I know I can!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #979

To all my Low Carb Friends
Past and Present...

Old 12-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #980

Happy New Year T!!! I know you will have another great year, I hope you do another competition, you look fabulous!!! You always continue to be a great source of inspiration!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #981
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Hey Twyla!!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I haven't been on too much in the last few weeks. I have been off with my daughter. When I go back to work on Tuesday I hope to catch up on my reading and posting.

While I was off I did buy the new rules of lifting for women and I have just finished reading it. I also checked out the champions BFL book from the library and read a lot of it.

What I believe I learned: eat lots of protein, whole grains, lean meat and good fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts). Not too much cardio, weight training 3xs/week, SOME cardio ~20 minutes on my recovery days.

Questions...did up follow the work out plan in the new rules for lifting for women? The new rules and the BFL work out plans are not very alike. So I would love some guidance from you and Illeen when y'all have some time.

The stage 1 work out start with push ups and I am so bad at push ups, but I will try until I get reelly good at them. Also the exercise the ball looks scary
but with a little practice I think I can get it. Also, they differ in that the BFL works upper one day, lower one day and the new rules work both on the same day.......?

Thanks so much for helping me!

Kristi
Old 01-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #982

Kristi- I ordered both books they have not come yet, as I sit and ponder how to mix things up, but I will be reading them also so I hope we can navigate towards some cucessful weight loss together!

T- Happy New Years, bring on the broccoli!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #983

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Hugh Jackman has left Broadway with a lot of broken hearts — and records.
The hunky Australian actor's one-man Broadway concert show closed on Sunday afternoon at the Broadhurst Theatre after having earned $2,057,354 in its final week, the highest weekly gross recorded by the Shubert Organization, which owns the Broadhurst and 16 other Broadway theaters.
Over its 10-week run, Jackman earned a whopping $14,638,428, producers said. He now owns 10 of the 11 top grossing weeks at the Broadhurst.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #984

T- I thought of you when we were in NYC, his theater was like a block from where we stayed and we were directly across from Birdland, I know you love jazz!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
What I believe I learned: eat lots of protein, whole grains, lean meat and good fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts). Not too much cardio, weight training 3xs/week, SOME cardio ~20 minutes on my recovery days.

Questions...did up follow the work out plan in the new rules for lifting for women? The new rules and the BFL work out plans are not very alike. So I would love some guidance from you and Illeen when y'all have some time.
Kristi, no, I did not follow the "plan" in this book. As you can see in my quote on my siggy below, I pick/choose things from different sources that I find to be helpful and incorporate those things in my own individualized agenda, and if it doesn't suit me, I don't. I learned a lot from that book in terms of diet and many different exercises, form, etc., but I didn't follow the lifting agenda religiously.

When you first begin weight training, it can be beneficial to work total body on the days that you train. For one thing, it's more time efficient. Later, you can switch to "splits," which means working one or two muscle groups on a given training day, another muscle group the next, aiming to hit each muscle group at least once a week, but preferably two or more times per week for more noticeable changes/results.

As for the pushups, begin with what you can and aim to add a few extra reps each week. You WILL get stronger if you do these consistently, and they are a powerhouse exercise that you can do ANYWHERE, so be sure to make these a priority to your agenda. The ball, it gets easier with practice and as your strength improves.

And speaking of "balls," I love using weighted medicine balls in my workouts. I like doing wood chop squats with them to work both abs/obliques and lower body all in one compound movement. This is a great metabolic move that gets your heart rate up quickly while chiseling out the muscle group.

Bottom line, I read, research, gather info, sort through it, try it on for size, keep what I like, toss what I don't.

I find that every person's body is different and responds to things in a very individualized way, factoring in body type, age, gender, likes/dislikes, time schedules, personal preferences, etc. Don't be afraid to try different approaches until you assemble a plan that you can implement for a while, a good 6-8 weeks. And then you may want to return to your resources and implement other tweaks to shake up your routine a bit.

I'm not sure if this answered your question specifically...? Let me know.

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and I'm eager and anxious to follow you into this new year as you work toward your goals and realize positive changes in your health and fitness. Your attitude is positive and contageous...we all could use a little of that. Keep it coming, girl! Best to you.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #986

Quote:
T- I thought of you when we were in NYC, his theater was like a block from where we stayed and we were directly across from Birdland, I know you love jazz!!!!

OH.
MERCY.

Nuff said.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Twyla. I definitely learned a lot from both of the books. One of the major things I learned was how truly important a strength training routine is and how not to put too much emphasis on lengthy cardio workouts. You and Illeen had already told me about not spending a lot of time on cardio because it could jeopardize the strength work.

I will try to get me a routine together incorporating exercises from both books. I just want to make sure that I am making the most of my work outs and not letting ignorance hinder my goal of a much firmer, leaner, and toner body. As I have said I'm sure several times that weight training is new to me. I have done boot camps, played around with some of the machines at gyms over the years, but to use free weights and definitely barbells are completely foreign to me.

I will start with a certain number of reps and then increase my weight as I decrease the number of reps. It seems that both books do this. I will make a work out that includes both upper and lower in the same day and then rest a day on which I will do cardio. Do you rest between sets?

Thanks so much for helping me. I might be able to afford a personal trainer in my budget one day, but for now I will have to rely on you ladies. I don't want to waste any more time. I can use having to wait on a personal trainer as an excuse, but I'm not! I think both of these books have enough exercises in them to help me, I will continue to do my research in books and online, and then with you ladies I can get off to a pretty good start!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #988
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to ask with doing a total body workout, do you do all the muscle groups....this may not be possible I don't know! Sorry if it's a dumb question!

How many exercises per muscle? I hope this question makes sense.....
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #989

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
I forgot to ask with doing a total body workout, do you do all the muscle groups....this may not be possible I don't know! Sorry if it's a dumb question!

How many exercises per muscle? I hope this question makes sense.....
Kristi,

I just came from outside, having planned going on a long power walk, but my back is hurting, and I think I'll delay the walk. I've decided to do some Callanetics instead, which will help both my back AND my muscles, then do cardio later today.

Grabbing my laptop to listen to some CHILL music I had downloaded from Amazon while doing Callanetics (Magic Island Lounge Ibiza Top 55), I glanced online to see your posts. Let me answer your Q's before I begin my Callanetics session.

Rest between sets: Yes and no. If I'm doing a metabolic workout (circuit training, or supersets, or giant sets), I don't rest between sets so that I can keep my heart rate up. I may do 2-5 exercises - depending on the workout - then rest for 60-90 seconds, and do another series; repeat. If I'm doing a HEAVY workout, lifting heavier for strength or to shock the muscle group, I have to allow more resting or I won't be able to increase and/or lift my best.

Google these terms: Circuit training, super sets, and giant sets. You will find tons of info on how to apply this form of training to your workouts.

If you are doing total body training, I would shoot for 2 exercises per muscle group. And you may not hit all muscle groups on one day, but you can hit most. Then, the next day you train, you can fashion your trainijng to do 2 exercises per group, but hitting SLIGHTLY diff muscle groups than you did the last time you trained. You're still hitting the same, just not the SAME exercise, so therefore you're hitting the muscle and utilizing different fibers of the muscle than you did the last time, which keeps it guessing and is wonderful for challenging the muscle into growth.

For instance, you may do 2 exercises for triceps on a training day, and the next time you train maybe do only 1, say dips for example, or maybe avoid triceps altogether on that day, and then work them again on the third training day.

Start a log on your computer or a note pad and decide on 3-4 exercises for each muscle group, and write those down. Then pick out one or two of those to include in your training each week, and maybe try the others the following week. This is where the research comes in handy. I find exercises online, in Oxygen, in the New Rules book, etc., I make a list of those in my training log (got mine from Netrition), and keep a record of the reps/sets/frequency of each of those exercises.

It really helps to keep a training log if you don't already. This way you can look back to see the progress you've made by either increasing your reps, your weight, or whether you did those exercises "heavy" or utilized them with lighter weights while training in a circuit.

Hope this helps a little...?

Gonna start my Callnetics now. How I welcome this workout, KNOWING it's gonna get the job done and I'll feel tons more flexible/relaxed when I finish.

TTYL...
Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #990

And so…a New Year begins. 2012. “Chapter One.”

Yesterday morning, although officially the first day of the year, I spent the day reflecting on what WAS, then gathering my thoughts and resolve for what lies ahead.

Off and on throughout the day I would reflect on what a new year should mean to me personally, and how I could make this year meaningful, how I could improve all aspects of my life: My outlook, my attitude, my contributions, my faith, my relationships with others, my resources, my health, my purpose, my strength, my ability to overcome struggles, conflict and obstacles. This “new” year is – indeed should be – an opportunity to make sense out of that which has left me disillusioned and in search of answers, an opportunity to find positive in every negative, and a renewed affirmation that every day presents choices, and it’s up to me to make the ones that bring fulfillment to my life and to the lives of others.

Reflecting on these things, I wondered what impressions the term “new year” has left with others, and then compared those to my own. May I begin and end each day with the resolve to make each moment of every day that is given to me as meaningful as I possibly can…

William Arthur Ward
This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

Charles Lamb
Of all sound of all bells, the most solemn and touching
is the peal which rings out the Old Year.

Movie: "When Harry Met Sally", Harry Burns
And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night.
And it's not because I'm lonely,
and it's not because it's New Year's Eve.
I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody,
you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

Edith Lovejoy Pierce
We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day.