LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #931
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Some friends of ours daughter is moving to Italy with her DH who is stationed in Italy and guess what..... we will hopely get to go next year or at least before he gets transferred somewhere else! I can't wait.

Hope your sore throat is better.
Suhweet.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #932

"...while visions of Frye boots danced in her head..."

Spice?

Sand?

Hmmmm......

Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #933

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Have a good weekend T!!! Christmas is coming!!!

Tony turns 50 today, so big party tonight, gotta be careful, this keto thing is working, 203 today! Maybe tonight is considered the refeed? Its been a week, I dont want to mess this up!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 AM   #934
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

"...while visions of Frye boots danced in her head..."

Spice?

Sand?

Hmmmm......

Go for it!! You have been GOOD all year long!!!!

-Santa Claus
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #935

Nancy Sinatra comes to mind, LOL

I love Dean Martin, I have listened to his Christmas CD for 5 hours over and over, My Gram loved him and I remember her playing his records all the time, he is making me feel good today!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #936

Quote:
Go for it!! You have been GOOD all year long!!!!

-Santa Claus

Awwwww, shucks, Santa!

You're the BEST!

Old 12-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Have a good weekend T!!! Christmas is coming!!!

Tony turns 50 today, so big party tonight, gotta be careful, this keto thing is working, 203 today! Maybe tonight is considered the refeed? Its been a week, I dont want to mess this up!
Congrats on the 203, Amber....stay vigilant ... even at his party...you'll have no regrets.

(I say this as I sip YUMMY Ergo and lick the bowl while making chocolate chip cookies....)

Cheers to all...and to all a good night!

NSN!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #938

I was so bad T, but I am counting that as my refeed, LOL Up 4 pounds of pure bloat and too much wine, LOL!!!! But Oh my we had fun, he got lots of funny gag gifts, and I gotta say my honey is one hunky 50 year old, LOL

I love the Santa!!!!

I am running today, I am going to try out the darn knee and do it, I need it after last night, I missed spinning class, so running it is, sending Tony to Costco so I don't have to walk by the sample ladies, LOL He is returning with the 7 pound chocolate cake for his daughters B-day tomorrow, so I must resist that cake! That cake is evil!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #939
Senior LCF Member

Hey T. Just wondering where you were and making sure you are ok. I figure you are still super busy. I have been going to the gym and doing weights. I am following the Body for Life book and will incorporate the New Rules of Lifting for Women book when I get it.

Also, Illeen, hope you are fine.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #940

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Kristi

im doing great! Thank you for asking!

how do you like the bfl program?

Hi T and Amber!
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #941

Hi Ileen, I am doing OK, busy as you know that time of year, looking forward to NYC this weekend, I am a crazy canal street shopper, LOL I love me some knock offs, LOL

Hope you are enjoying and getting ready!!!

Hi Kristi!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:49 AM   #942

Quote:
Hey T. Just wondering where you were and making sure you are ok. I figure you are still super busy. I have been going to the gym and doing weights. I am following the Body for Life book and will incorporate the New Rules of Lifting for Women book when I get it.

Also, Illeen, hope you are fine.
Hey, Kristi. Thanks for checking up on me. Glad to hear you're workin' it, girl! The BFL should be a good program for you.

Your time, hard work, commitment will be worth it....You're gonna love your new body!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Kristi

im doing great! Thank you for asking!

how do you like the bfl program?

Hi T and Amber!
I am liking it. I have not been following the eating plan like a should....but I am doing the exercise plan to the best of my understanding. I searched for more clarification on the exercise plan, but was unsuccessful. But I usually do about 3-4 sets using the free weights and increase the weight with each set. I am doing a few machines as well. I am feeling good that I am actually doing the free weights at the gym. I am so self conscious about doing the exercises wrong, but I hope that I am not. I see people looking at me and I think they are probably laughing inside because I am doing it so wrong.... but I still continue on. I think I want definition, I want to be solid...not a marshmallow or a skinny run way model, so I try not to worry about the other people around me! I hope to get the book that T was telling me about in the near future. I wonder if the library would have it????
Old 12-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #944
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey, Kristi. Thanks for checking up on me. Glad to hear you're workin' it, girl! The BFL should be a good program for you.

Your time, hard work, commitment will be worth it....You're gonna love your new body!
Where did you get a picture of my arm.......
Old 12-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #945

Oh Kristi silly that is my arm, LOL Man dont I wish!!!!!

Dont worry what others think, just do your thing! Maybe they think you look hot!!!! One thing I just dont care I make a spectacle of myself and just dont care, LOL

T- have a good weekend, we are off to NYC I cant wait this week was lousy at work and I am so looking forward to it, it will be insane the weekend before CHristmas, I ama country girl so I can take the city in small doses but Bobby loves it and the train ride up there, so I am looking forward to being with him!

I am taking a bunch of jewelry to hock so I hope I can home loaded, LOL

Have a good weekend girls!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/201.2/145
WOE: Atkin's Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: Restarted at 205 lbs/Highest wt: 246
Hi Everyone - I haven't posted on here in a while, but I lurk all the time, and read the posts, (which are always soooo inspiring!

I have been staying on plan, and following the diet very well! I have taken all of your suggestions, and continue to work out (HIIT cardio and heavy weights) and incorporate the activities as suggested by many of you. I just wanted to say thank you, because it seems to be working.

I got down into Onederland a few weeks ago , and have been holding steady. I was stuck at 198.6 for several weeks, but started noticing that I was shrinking in inches. So I tried on a pair of my Size 10 and Size 12 Jeans on, (that I have been trying to put on for months now), and they finally fit! I was so excited! The size 12's, which I couldn't even pull up over my hips....(they would get stuck at my thighs..........too tight to pull up), are actually fitting me comfortably, (no muffin top), and are almost too loose! That is soooo cool! Two weeks ago, at .6 of a pound lighter, those same jeans were not able to be zipped.........so it is DEFINITELY possible to lose NO WEIGHT, but still LOSE INCHES! My size 10's fit, and can be closed and zipped, but they are a little tight, showing too much muffin top for comfort. So I have a little more work before i can comfortably wear my size 10's.........but I'm still thrilled!

Unfortunately, I have not been working out the past couple of weeks as much as I was, (with all the holiday rushing around), but I have been on plan, and still try to get to the gym 3-4 times a week, minimum, (as opposed to 5-6 times a week). And it still shows that it works. After several weeks of staying at 198.6, I finally dropped 2 pounds, down to 196.6 this week...., so I am expecting my "shrinking" to stop, and the weight to start moving again. That seems to be how my body works.....I lose pounds, and then stall while my body catches up by shrinking in inches.......then the shrinking stops and the pounds start dropping again. Kinda crazy.....but THAT's MY BODY! I may be slow in the weight loss department, but at least I'm going in the right direction, in the long run!

Well, I just wanted to share that with you, and to say thank you to those of you who have been so helpful to me. I log on here constantly and lurk, (as I don't have much knowledge or inspiration to share with everyone usually ), but I figured this warranted a post and an expression of gratitude.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season; Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all of you!

Feb 1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on low-carb, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back when I stopped doing low-carb). I'm baaaaack!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #947

Linda!!!!!!!!!!
Totally awesome news!

you can lose FAT and the scale stay the same and you're a perfect example!! My coach always says, do you want a look or a scale wt..
Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #948

Linda- I am so glad you posted that!! I am hovering between 203-208 for months now due to bad eating, but can wear 12's now, I am eating here and there, drinking, cookies are disappearing, LOL But the working out has proved you can lose inches and maintain weight if the exercise is there, it is so liberating I have been bad until New Years then I am kicking it all up again, but let me tell you from a lifetime of struggling with weight, it is so liberating to think I can have a glass of wine or a cookie and not gain 10 pounds-- I blow up but it comes right back off, and I get right back on track not a free for all of eating--it is the best feeling in the world, I am heavier then when I left for Vegas, and couldn't squeeze into my 14's, a girl on here sent me 12's, and they fit, that is crazy but exercise is the answer!!!!
Dont be a lurker, join the party!!!!

Hi Ileen, hi T!!!!!!

I guess you girls are busy too!!!

Came home with $5500 from my jewels, that is my stomach surgery fund, now if the house doesn't sell by Spring I can still get it I am so happy!!!! Still not enough to get the sandbags, I mean boobs fixed but they can wait, LOL VS does a good job with them, the stomach just needs to go!! I can see line in my obliques, amazing!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-20-2011 at 04:58 PM..
Old 12-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1960 View Post
Hi Everyone - I haven't posted on here in a while, but I lurk all the time, and read the posts, (which are always soooo inspiring!

I have been staying on plan, and following the diet very well! I have taken all of your suggestions, and continue to work out (HIIT cardio and heavy weights) and incorporate the activities as suggested by many of you. I just wanted to say thank you, because it seems to be working.

I got down into Onederland a few weeks ago , and have been holding steady. I was stuck at 198.6 for several weeks, but started noticing that I was shrinking in inches. So I tried on a pair of my Size 10 and Size 12 Jeans on, (that I have been trying to put on for months now), and they finally fit! I was so excited! The size 12's, which I couldn't even pull up over my hips....(they would get stuck at my thighs..........too tight to pull up), are actually fitting me comfortably, (no muffin top), and are almost too loose! That is soooo cool! Two weeks ago, at .6 of a pound lighter, those same jeans were not able to be zipped.........so it is DEFINITELY possible to lose NO WEIGHT, but still LOSE INCHES! My size 10's fit, and can be closed and zipped, but they are a little tight, showing too much muffin top for comfort. So I have a little more work before i can comfortably wear my size 10's.........but I'm still thrilled!

Unfortunately, I have not been working out the past couple of weeks as much as I was, (with all the holiday rushing around), but I have been on plan, and still try to get to the gym 3-4 times a week, minimum, (as opposed to 5-6 times a week). And it still shows that it works. After several weeks of staying at 198.6, I finally dropped 2 pounds, down to 196.6 this week...., so I am expecting my "shrinking" to stop, and the weight to start moving again. That seems to be how my body works.....I lose pounds, and then stall while my body catches up by shrinking in inches.......then the shrinking stops and the pounds start dropping again. Kinda crazy.....but THAT's MY BODY! I may be slow in the weight loss department, but at least I'm going in the right direction, in the long run!

Well, I just wanted to share that with you, and to say thank you to those of you who have been so helpful to me. I log on here constantly and lurk, (as I don't have much knowledge or inspiration to share with everyone usually ), but I figured this warranted a post and an expression of gratitude.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season; Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all of you!
Hi, Linda! Wow. I'm so very proud of you, and I know that doesn't BEGIN to touch the pride and confidence you must feel inside for your hard work and progress. Beautiful success story. You are definitely working your program, and now you know what sacrifices in time, effort and making the right choices can have on our ability to realize our dreams. It changes EVERYTHING. And what a WONDERFUL feeling, no? Wish I could give you a hug and a high five in person!

I've bolded the most IMPORTANT tips that you've shared with us, because it's so easy to lose sight of the finish line and get frustrated if we focus too much on a scale. This is further proof that scales are deceiving!

Holidays are difficult, but you're hanging in there...YOU GO, GIRL! It's fine to lurk, but please stop by often to give progress reports. I love reading about them, and the success of others can be the inspiration for for more people than you'll ever know.

Merry Christmas to you, Dear Friend.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 12-21-2011 at 02:35 AM..
Old 12-21-2011, 02:39 AM   #950

Quote:
Linda- I am so glad you posted that!! I am hovering between 203-208 for months now due to bad eating, but can wear 12's now, I am eating here and there, drinking, cookies are disappearing, LOL But the working out has proved you can lose inches and maintain weight if the exercise is there, it is so liberating I have been bad until New Years then I am kicking it all up again, but let me tell you from a lifetime of struggling with weight, it is so liberating to think I can have a glass of wine or a cookie and not gain 10 pounds-- I blow up but it comes right back off, and I get right back on track not a free for all of eating--it is the best feeling in the world, I am heavier then when I left for Vegas, and couldn't squeeze into my 14's, a girl on here sent me 12's, and they fit, that is crazy but exercise is the answer!!!!
Dont be a lurker, join the party!!!
girls are busy too!!!

Came home with $5500 from my jewels, that is my stomach surgery fund, now if the house doesn't sell by Spring I can still get it I am so happy!!!! Still not enough to get the sandbags, I mean boobs fixed but they can wait, LOL VS does a good job with them, the stomach just needs to go!! I can see line in my obliques, amazing!!!!
Amber, I've been a bit AWOL, apologies. So glad to hear that you scored with your jewels adventure. Hoping that $ will serve you well later in the spring; I know how much this means to you.

I have to congratulate you on your discipline to regain control after a cheat, rather than throwing in the towel and STAYING off plan.

I'm way behind in reading your journal. I'll need to do better.

Hope you're enjoying the season.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 AM   #951

I'll need to catch up in my journal later this morning when I have more time.

I desperately need cardio this morning. It does wonders for the SOUL, the SPIRIT, the SENSES.

Until later...
Old 12-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #952

Things are crazy I am sure T, I am calm, my work stress was resolved yesterday I am counting the days til Fri, then off 10 days I am giddy!!!! LOL

I am sure you will be back on, but Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #953

Quote:
I'll need to catch up in my journal later this morning when I have more time.

I desperately need cardio this morning. It does wonders for the SOUL, the SPIRIT, the SENSES.

Until later...

You need some downtime!

(just dont over do cardio in your off season, it comes back to bite ya.)

I've been off from school since friday and dont work again til the 4th(if subbing, 5th reg teaching day)
Old 12-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #954
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Happy Holiday, Twyla. You're looking amazing as always.

This is wordy but I really wanted to say thanks first and then if you don't mind I do have a question.

I've completed 17 sessions of 10 in 10 and am loving it. I doubt you remember me but I have a ton of health issues and due to severe inflammation had to recently switch to something less stressful on the joints. I had purchased the Callanetics DVD's shortly after joining here in '08 solely because of your endorsement of the program. At the time I never could get into it so they stayed in the closet until last month. I did it one time and actually paid attention to the instructions and form and all that good stuff and to my surprise fell in love with the stretching aspect of it. I would have done it again and again even if it never did anything for my body size/shape.

It really surprised me because I had been doing a lot of yoga and thought I was really stretched out. I was wrong.

I just really wanted to say thanks for being the inspiration for purchasing the DVD's. It took me 3 years to get around to actually using them but I am most definitely adding them to my list of best life purchases ever.

I do have a form type question though. Because of the inflammation and pain in my back/spine I struggle with bending the torso down in the standing leg work. So I was searching through those old really long Callanetics threads for modifications from you/Sandra/Ben/Agnes and came across this post from Sandra in response to your question:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ex...l#post10177089

Now my question - when doing this as you're both describing - where should I be feeling it? (also I am very familiar with the PF stuff because I read through a lot of Sandra's posts before starting and I've been incorporating that into 10 in 10 from the beginning) I think what is confusing me is that when I round down over the legs it definitely feels different in the leg compared to when I don't round down. When rounded over the legs I feel a stretch almost from toes to hip which I don't feel to anywhere near the same degree when not rounding over. I'm using the back of a couch because I don't have a barre. Thanks so much for any insight you can share.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/201.2/145
WOE: Atkin's Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: Restarted at 205 lbs/Highest wt: 246
T: Thank you so much for the support and the congratulations you so graciously expressed! You're so sweet! I am very grateful to you and the others on these threads. It is such a struggle for me, since I lose weight so slowly, so I get extremely excited if I have one little success, or meet one mini goal... Thanks again!

Ileen: I just want to say thanks to you as well. You are always there to cheer us on, and inspire us as well! We are grateful for your support!

Bejewelme: Congratulations to you for showing such control; it is tough to go off plan, and then find your way back on. The strength and discipline that it takes is sometimes overwhelming! I give you credit for hanging in there and staying focused. Also, congrats on the smaller size you are now enjoying! It is amazing that you can shrink even though the scale won't budge...(or worse yet, seeing the scale go UP!!!!) But exercise REALLY DOES help your body pull in and seem tighter. So even if the scale doesn't budge, I keep going to the gym anyways. By the way, I see you just came home from Vegas.......Welcome Back! My daughter moved out there last June, (as she is a professional dancer and aerialist), and hopes to audition for the Cirque du Soleil Shows on the strip. She is actually in the Cirque Show for New Year's Eve at Mandalay Bay, but is waiting for auditions for the steady shows out there. Fingers crossed; she has a couple of auditions coming up. Did you see any shows while you were out there?

Well, best of luck everyone. Not sure if I will be posting till after Christmas, so in case I am too busy, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy (and hopefully Skinnier) New Year!!!!!!!!!!
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #956

That is awesome about your daughter, I will keep my fingers crossed for her!!! I love the Cirque shows they are amazing, what a job that would be!!! You must be very proud, and I see you are in NY, good excuse to get away this winter! I would be nuts in Vegas, I love it there, the wedding was super busy with so many people there so no shows this time, we are planning a trip maybe in the summer with LCF!!!

I have my trainer scheduled 4 times while I am off, I will be kicking it hard, I am really not on any plan right now,and my plan come New Years might just be eat healthy like going forward and see what happens and see if it drops! I want to kick up the exercise a bit, so I like elements of many of the diets, it will be some combo I will track and see what happens!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #957

Merry Christmas T!!!
I hope you are now calm and enjoying!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post
Happy Holiday, Twyla. You're looking amazing as always.

This is wordy but I really wanted to say thanks first and then if you don't mind I do have a question.

I've completed 17 sessions of 10 in 10 and am loving it. I doubt you remember me but I have a ton of health issues and due to severe inflammation had to recently switch to something less stressful on the joints. I had purchased the Callanetics DVD's shortly after joining here in '08 solely because of your endorsement of the program. At the time I never could get into it so they stayed in the closet until last month. I did it one time and actually paid attention to the instructions and form and all that good stuff and to my surprise fell in love with the stretching aspect of it. I would have done it again and again even if it never did anything for my body size/shape.

It really surprised me because I had been doing a lot of yoga and thought I was really stretched out. I was wrong.

I just really wanted to say thanks for being the inspiration for purchasing the DVD's. It took me 3 years to get around to actually using them but I am most definitely adding them to my list of best life purchases ever.

...... Thanks so much for any insight you can share.
Jennifer, I apologize...I've been AWOL from LCF for several days, and just now getting to this post, which, by the way, was intercepted by your PM when I logged on, which clarified your question, which is now not relevant. Whew...that's a mouthful.

In any event, what I want to say to you (and anyone else who cares) is that Callanetics remains a HUGE part of my life, even though I'm a huge advocate of weight lifting/training. It keeps me strong AND LEAN AND LONG, and it augments my weight training in ways that I can't begin to explain. I try to do Callanetics no less than once a week, and I aim for twice a week. I do the Callan stretches at the beginning and/or end of most of my weight training at the gym, and when I don't, I can tell a big difference in my aches/pains and recovery time.

Botton line: Another Callan Addict here -- for LIFE! So glad you are too! Love it! Hope you had a great holiday, Jennifer.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1960 View Post
T: Thank you so much for the support and the congratulations you so graciously expressed! You're so sweet! I am very grateful to you and the others on these threads. It is such a struggle for me, since I lose weight so slowly, so I get extremely excited if I have one little success, or meet one mini goal... Thanks again!

Well, best of luck everyone. Not sure if I will be posting till after Christmas, so in case I am too busy, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy (and hopefully Skinnier) New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Linda, my congratulations were genuine, and when I re-read your post, I relive the excitement for you for getting your act together and making these positive changes in your life -- at our age! ISN'T IT A FABULOUS FEELING?

Looking forward to mutual support and encouragement from you for 2012, as we together make fitness a priority in our lives. Always here for you....keep up the GREAT work, Woman!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #960

Quote:
Merry Christmas T!!!
I hope you are now calm and enjoying!!!
All is calm, all is bright...

Exactly.

My decision to "unplug" was much needed!