Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
I'm sorry that you've been in pain, hon. I also hope that the next week flies by so that you can get your surgery (as well as the pain) behind you and get on to your recovery.

Major kudos to you for continuing to work out!
Firm Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
Hi Twyla
Sending you lots of white light and healing prayers your way for a speedy recovery -- thanks for your input in my journal too - every bit of it is appreciated more than you'll ever know.

Take care of yourself -- you need you and I need you

Sharon
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by westiesam View Post
Hi Twyla
Sending you lots of white light and healing prayers your way for a speedy recovery -- thanks for your input in my journal too - every bit of it is appreciated more than you'll ever know.

Take care of yourself -- you need you and I need you

Sharon
T H A N K.....Y O U!

Well-ahright-then.

(It sure is nice to feel needed!)
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I'm sorry that you've been in pain, hon. I also hope that the next week flies by so that you can get your surgery (as well as the pain) behind you and get on to your recovery.

Major kudos to you for continuing to work out!
I'm crankin' the miles on my elliptical!

Will I remember my lifting routine when I return to the gym?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #65

Feeling much better than I did one week ago. Maybe the extra rest has helped ease the tenderness and inflammation. Still anxious to get this behind me. Only a few more days.

Every day this week has been a bit easier, discomfort/tenderness wise. It feels like it's been forever since I've been able to weight train.

Eating has been better the last couple of days, now that pre-TOM munchies are over. Stealth attack as usual.

Loving this nice, intermittent breeze that we've had today. It was welcome reprieve at my son's track meet today, sitting in the sun for that many hours. The breeze would come along just in time to cool my skin.

Magnificent. That's how it felt this morning when I did a bit of fasted cardio bright and early. It was the song that came on my MP3 when I first turned it on. I've never grown tired of that song. Such great rhythm, dynamics, lyrics.

Echos of memories in the not too distant past uplifted me as I reflected in the stillness of a new day. There's always an abundance of hope and promise with each sunrise.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Hi Twyla!

I've been away from the board for long, reading about you every now and then...And then finally, found a bit of spare time to write to you.
Kudos to son #1 for his graduation with the highest mark, I know he's worked hard and he brought home the best result he could accomplish, I'm sure you're very proud of him!
I' ve read that you're undergoing surgery because of an hernia...I'm so sorry about that !I'm sure that it won't take too much before you recover completely and enter the weight room again
I'll say a special prayer for you, and wish you to face these following days with all you focus and tranquility: I don't like forced rest either, but sometimes it is necessary and, in my experience, things like this (surgery) help us to think to the positive things that we've had in our lives and if we have some troubles to cope with, we come out with new strenght and come up with new solutions, so that illness is a great chance for fortify one's mind.
Wish you a great weekend and hope to read soon good news about you!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Patience is the companion of wisdom.(Saint Augustine)
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
I've been away from the board for long, reading about you every now and then...And then finally, found a bit of spare time to write to you.

I've been wondering about you, Ellie...

Kudos to son #1 for his graduation with the highest mark, I know he's worked hard and he brought home the best result he could accomplish, I'm sure you're very proud of him!

Thank you, Ellie. Yes, it was a proud moment. It was nice that his brother drove home from college to be a part of the celebration and ceremony. It was a long, and at times tedious/tiresome event, as graduation ceremonies can sometimes be, but Zach (graduate), Gavin (middle son) and I were texting sillies back and forth to each other during the boring parts, and it broke the monotony, the humor of it all. Gavin is a big jokester, and he'd text something funny, and as I'd glance down to where Zach was seated among the graduates, I'd see him break into a huge grin, and then glance up at us. I think those two were glad to be a part of each other's life again, esp at that moment/milestone.

I' ve read that you're undergoing surgery because of an hernia...I'm so sorry about that !I'm sure that it won't take too much before you recover completely and enter the weight room again I'll say a special prayer for you, and wish you to face these following days with all you focus and tranquility: I don't like forced rest either, but sometimes it is necessary and, in my experience, things like this (surgery) help us to think to the positive things that we've had in our lives and if we have some troubles to cope with, we come out with new strenght and come up with new solutions, so that illness is a great chance for fortify one's mind.

Yes, you're right. It's taught me a lesson in humility, if nothing else. Life's curve balls catch us off guard, and it makes me realize how important one's health is, never to be taken for granted. It's forced me to slow down, to grow in wisdom from this, to learn how to make "lemonade," as they say, from these lemons. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your prayers.

Wish you a great weekend and hope to read soon good news about you!
I'm hoping your weekend is good as well. It's important to me to be able to catch up on your life, stay in touch with you, and remain a part of your journey(s). Don't stay away so long. Promise?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Hey hon! I've been thinking a lot about you - I'm so glad that you updated your journal.

I'm so happy to hear that you felt better this week, and hope that lasts right up to your surgery date.

Awww, that was cute what you and your boys were doing during the ceremony. Congrats to Zach!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #69

Quote:
Hey hon! I've been thinking a lot about you - I'm so glad that you updated your journal.

I'm so happy to hear that you felt better this week, and hope that lasts right up to your surgery date.

Awww, that was cute what you and your boys were doing during the ceremony. Congrats to Zach!
Thanks, Laura. I'm grateful that I feel better too. At least I can touch my belly now without screeching from the tenderness. (By the way, I'm not removing my pedicure for surgery. The polish? It stays. I'll remove the manicure, the jewelry, yadda-yadda, but the pedicure? It stays. Hell, what do TOES have to do with my tummy anyway???)

Yep, those silly sons of mine...they can be a riot!

You should know, I read your journal from a "wannabe" state of mind. I keep thinking...it won't be long, it won't be long, it won't be long.

Keep it comin, girl. Love your dedication. You're ALL THAT.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #70

I just finished doing about 30 mins of Callanetics. It is so relaxing, yet challenging.

Because it is a "relaxing" sort of workout, and because I have it memorized, I always choose a relaxing piece of music to work out to. Today I chose Chris Botti's Italia, one of my favorite of his CD's -- I have them all.

While surfing on youtube for a piece to share, I fell in love with some of the pictures that "jazzman" put to the last selection on ITALIA, "Nessun Dorma,"... it's fun to escape along with the visuals, as WELL as the music.

I must visit there. Some day.

It's been a wonderfully relaxing day.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
I just finished doing about 30 mins of Callanetics. It is so relaxing, yet challenging.

Because it is a "relaxing" sort of workout, and because I have it memorized, I always choose a relaxing piece of music to work out to. Today I chose Chris Botti's Italia, one of my favorite of his CD's -- I have them all.

While surfing on youtube for a piece to share, I fell in love with some of the pictures that "jazzman" put to the last selection on ITALIA, "Nessun Dorma,"... it's fun to escape along with the visuals, as WELL as the music.

I must visit there. Some day.

It's been a wonderfully relaxing day.

[img]http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/26/2677/ZQCUD00

Z/posters/why-terry-the-colosseum-at-night-rome-italy.jpg[/img]

YouTube - Chris Botti "Nessun Dorma"

Awesome music Tywla -- I can't wait until I'm familiar enough with Callanetics to choose my own music too -but right now I still need to concentrate on what Callen is telling me to do. But someday I'll be in the "Twyla League" and will be able to choose my own tunes too!
I'll be thinking about you when your have your surgery --I don't know if you'll remember this when the time comes -- but a few years ago I had some minor surgery and I remember waking up in recovery and the nurse was telling me to breathe more deeply -- so when you do wake up -- just remember to breathe deeply and it will be all right -- I promise....
This is your time to take care of yourself --NOTHING else matters right now -concentrate on getting better and getting back on your feet.
Blessings my friend

Sharon
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

No, hon - YOU'RE ALL THAT. I'm just copying you!

Seriously, you have been such an inspiration to me, and many others, I'm sure. Thank you so very much of showing me the importance of never giving up, even when I might not be seeing the results that I'm hoping for, and especially for understanding that not one thing works for everyone, and that I have to find what works for me.

Beautiful images!

I'm so happy that you had a nice relaxing day.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Just stopping by to say I'm thinking of you. Praying for a speedy and healthy recovery for you. Thanks for your input. As always, hearing from you, I had a better day today!

Much much love.
G x x
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
Just stopping by to say I'm thinking of you. Praying for a speedy and healthy recovery for you. Thanks for your input.

As always, hearing from you, I had a better day today!
Much much love.
G x x
Hey, Glam.
Thank you.

And ... love returned.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #75

I'm ready for some fasted morning cardio. I hear the birds. I wanna run. Thankfully, my soreness/tenderness has lessened each day this week and running is not an issue. Huge difference in the way I felt 10 days ago, but the surgery has to be done regardless, so that he can apply the surgical mesh to prevent this from recurring and/or getting worse. I'm okay with that. I just MISS LIFTING! Patience is a great lesson.

I'm so glad I had saved every page of my first journal into my FITNESS files on my laptop (which I also backup to external drives regularly). That first journal, though admittedly very lengthy, has SUCH VALUABLE lessons and guidance for me. The words, the encouragements, the friendships, the advice, all of it is so important to me. And I can reference those pages even offline, since I've saved them. Makes it convenient when I don't have an internect connection.

Glutes very sore today from intense Callanetics the past 3 days.

Okay. Time's up. Coffee gone. Ready to hit it.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

to everything in your last post!

Luv ya hon!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #77

Quote:
to everything in your last post!

Luv ya hon!

Oh, well, uh, ...it was raining this morning. So amend that post to read:

Fasted morning cardio = Turbo Jam Cardio Party

Love that one, I do!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #78

Borrowed from one of my earlier blog entries:

"Music is the greatest communication in the world.
Even if people don't understand the language that you're singing in,
they still know good music when they hear it."

- Lou Rawls

(Of all the labels, I've written more on music than any other subject. Go figure.)

It's been a rainy, zen-like day. There is a calm about me as I reflect on tomorrow. People have asked me, are you nervous about your surgery? I respond, no, should I be?

Maybe this rain is calming me.

Maybe the music I have listened to today calms me.

Maybe I'm just assured that I'm in Good Hands.

Most people are sick of all this rain. I guess I am too. But for some strange reason, it's okay that it's raining today.

It's okay to slow down...TODAY.

Too bad life doesn't have background music like this. I'm thinking there would be far fewer angry people in the world, were it so.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of you today, hon, and hoping and praying everything goes well for you. Actually, I'm hoping that your surgery is already over, that everything went perfectly, and that you're now resting comfortably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Too bad life doesn't have background music like this. I'm thinking there would be far fewer angry people in the world, were it so.
I totally agree with this!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Hey hon!

I hope everything went well, and that you're resting comfortably.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

And hoping that you're well on the way to a full recovery!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Hoping to hear good news from you! I assume you're sleeping a lot, and relaxing after your surgical adventure.
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
T...I hope the surgery went well and you are recovering thinking of you!!!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Hey Twyla
Hope your surgery went well and that you're on your way to a full recovery --- Sending you white, healing light your way...
Sharon
Old 05-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggshell1970
Stats: 20/11-12/6
Prayers

Prayers to you during this surgery time my friend....
eggshell1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #86

Quote:

And hoping that you're well on the way to a full recovery!
Thank you, Laura.
You are a dear, sweet friend.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
Hoping to hear good news from you! I assume you're sleeping a lot, and relaxing after your surgical adventure.
Hey, Rachel!
How sweet to check on me. I survived!!!
Yeah me!!!

(Details to follow)
Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
T...I hope the surgery went well and you are recovering thinking of you!!!!
Sweet Sans.
Love you, girl.
Recovering indeed...stronger each day.
Lessons in even the simple things, huh?

Thank you for thinking of me.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiesam View Post
Hey Twyla
Hope your surgery went well and that you're on your way to a full recovery --- Sending you white, healing light your way...
Sharon
Hey, Sharon.
I feel your White Healing Light, I do!

I thought of you today. I was allowing myself to be inspired with crafty ideas for projects that I want to get done, while flipping through magazines and resting. And I saw a rustic-looking vintage sign that was adorning a wall -- looked so chic, fabulous! And I thought: I could do THAT! I could design/draw/paint my own "vintage" sign. And then it clicked: I'll make a giant-sized painting on a piece of wood (poster size) of ... what else?

AN ERGO LABEL!

Yep. That has to happen. It will have rusty/copper hues, a Spanish guitar, chocolate brown calligraphy, distress it a bit, and when I'm finished, I'll tint it with copper glaze for a lovely sheen. Can't wait. I'll be sure to take a pic for you.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers while I've been away.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggshell1970 View Post
Prayers to you during this surgery time my friend....
M.

Do you realize
that you always make it a point
to show up in my life
at times
that I need you most?

Thank you for your love and prayers.