LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1960 View Post
Ileen: What a great picture of the whole gang;......(and you look beautiful!)
Hey there, Ms. Linda. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Here's to a clean and successful week ahead for you -- for all of us!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #812

So very busy the past three days, no time to post.

And to make it even busier, I have appeals that are due this week, so getting the transcripts out has to be priority amidst everything else.

Will try to update soon.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #813

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I have appeals that are due this week,

T- I am not awake I thought it said apples are due, LOL I was like what is she doing with apples, LOL

Well I was 204.4- down .4 since Wed morning, I will take that, with the eating, I think that proves that the extra exercise helps offset the bad eating.

I am trying to be really strict we are away next weekend for Tony's 50th B-day so I want to be good, I told him we are going to the gym at the hotel and I am going to have to watch the wine! I want to move this weight now and get under 200 finally it has been 2 months of this 5 pounds up and down, I need to break that 200 mark! But I guess its a good thing, we have had a lot of parties, the wedding etc and I guess it is good I am learning to maintain, so I am trying to not get down on myself, and my clothes are getting smaller, Tony's MOm said on Saturday you lost more weight, I said no I didnt, she said my legs are thin, I was like OMG no one ever says that!

Have a good week T!!!!

Sometime when you have a slow week can you maybe share a food plan for a day that you eat? I need some new ideas I think. I ordered some wonder slim food low in fat and high in protein to try this week too, see what that does.

Last edited by Bejewelme; 11-28-2011 at 02:57 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Good Morning Ladies!!!

What a terrible rainy morning to start back the week with! I so wanted just a few more days.... but duty calls!!!

T, this is what I am planning for the day:
B:1/2c. of egg beaters, 1/2 slice of cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and squash Coffee with creamer and sweet n low (is there a better low carb option for creamer?)

L: ground turkey with taco seasoning, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, and avocado. Some raspberries if I can get to the store at lunch.

Snack: probably a pumpkin smoothie with scoop of protein for after the gym

D: ribs, baked sweet potato, salad w/some type of vinegar based dressing

Snack: whipped cream

I did have a good Thanksgiving.

Hope that all of you did!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #815
Senior LCF Member

What does your food plan look like Amber?
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #816

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Kristi i'd put that potato earlier in the day.. either lunch and/or pwo. taper to just protein fat and veggies at dinner.

You want carbs around your training
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Kristi i'd put that potato earlier in the day.. either lunch and/or pwo. taper to just protein fat and veggies at dinner.

You want carbs around your training
Thanks Illeen! What kind of veggies for dinner? (asparagus, squash?)

Illeen, I have a half sister that just got accepted to Georgia Tech. So, now my dad has a yellow jacket as well as a bulldog!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #818

Congrats to sis!.. Poor dad lol.

ANY fibrous veggies
Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #819

Kristi- Here is what I am eating today, I am suppose to hit 1800 calories today I left about 150 to spare, my GF is having a cooking party with Wildtree Herbs, all organic and low fat, low carb seasonings and stuff so I want to try some things, so I figured I better leave a few calories, no sweets though!!!

B- 1/2 grapefruit
1/2 C steel cut oats
scoop PP
fresh raspberries in shake

MM- FF-Cottage cheese with PP and a few almonds

L- Carrots and celery and raw peppers w/ FF yogurt, I add ranch dip mix to it
1/2 c brown rice
4 oz lean sliced london broil
1/2 c boiled turnips- I love turnips, LOL

S- Protein shake
apple
then gym
D- 2 chicken and spinach sausages
spinach salad with 1/2 pear, red onion and balsamic/apple cider/dijon dressing

s- MHP protein pudding- I love this stuff, 8 carbs, no sugar, 30 grams of protein, it is delicious!!!!

So all that is 1616 calories, 19% fat, 38% carbs, 42% protein
Eating carbs I have to keep the fat under 20%, and that is hard to do when you want olive oil and butter, LOL I am suppose to shoot for 20% fat. 40% carbs, 40% protein
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #820

amber why all those shakes? Eat whole food, it burns more cals to digest it.

starchy carbs around and nearest training and then cut back to fruit and veggies..
i'd re arrange those meals.

Last edited by inatic; 11-28-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Good Morning Ladies!!!

What a terrible rainy morning to start back the week with! I so wanted just a few more days.... but duty calls!!!

T, this is what I am planning for the day:
B:1/2c. of egg beaters, 1/2 slice of cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and squash Coffee with creamer and sweet n low (is there a better low carb option for creamer?)

L: ground turkey with taco seasoning, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, and avocado. Some raspberries if I can get to the store at lunch.

Snack: probably a pumpkin smoothie with scoop of protein for after the gym

D: ribs, baked sweet potato, salad w/some type of vinegar based dressing

Snack: whipped cream

I did have a good Thanksgiving.

Hope that all of you did!
Kristi,

I'm a little short on time today (this week?), but I wanted to post quickly about your menu.

Have you entered your meals into ****** to calculate the macronutrients that you are consuming throughout the day? The reason this is beneficial is that you want to eat most of your carbs/protein meals earlier in the day, when it will be utilized easiest/quickest/most benefcially for muscle growth and not stored as fat. Then, later meals of the day should be aimed at mostly protein and fat, along with green veggies.

So for instance, your earlier meals should have minimal fat content, say no more than 40%, because you're consuming more complex carbs. Later in the day, you can raise the fat if you need to for satiety.

Green veggies are basically free, can be eaten any time of day with no issues and will provide extra fiber for fullness and aid digestion.

Protein should be eaten at every meal. To build muscle, aim for 1.2 to 1.5 gr protein per pound of body weight.

Do you see why the numbers become relevant? It would help to know how many carbs you eat per day and per meal, how any fat grams, etc.

It makes it easier to tweak and target your meals, your progress.

Do you use ****** or some other tracking system? If not, I would highly recommend it. Keeping an eye on carbs and cals is much easier this way, and calories matter when trying to strip the fat.

Once you come up with a series of meals that you know your body will respond to favorably, the tracking is much less tedious because you eat out of habit, knowing what foods and how much will work for you. Then at some point if you plateau, take a further look at mixing up the macronutrients a bit so your body won't adapt, tending to make the metab slow down. This is where the occasional carb "rotation" comes into play. Higher carbs every now and then, then switching back to low carbs. Lots of scenarios with this approach.

Hope this helps a little...???
Old 11-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Kristi- Here is what I am eating today, I am suppose to hit 1800 calories today I left about 150 to spare, my GF is having a cooking party with Wildtree Herbs, all organic and low fat, low carb seasonings and stuff so I want to try some things, so I figured I better leave a few calories, no sweets though!!!

B- 1/2 grapefruit
1/2 C steel cut oats
scoop PP
fresh raspberries in shake

MM- FF-Cottage cheese with PP and a few almonds

L- Carrots and celery and raw peppers w/ FF yogurt, I add ranch dip mix to it
1/2 c brown rice
4 oz lean sliced london broil
1/2 c boiled turnips- I love turnips, LOL

S- Protein shake
apple
then gym
D- 2 chicken and spinach sausages
spinach salad with 1/2 pear, red onion and balsamic/apple cider/dijon dressing

s- MHP protein pudding- I love this stuff, 8 carbs, no sugar, 30 grams of protein, it is delicious!!!!

So all that is 1616 calories, 19% fat, 38% carbs, 42% protein
Eating carbs I have to keep the fat under 20%, and that is hard to do when you want olive oil and butter, LOL I am suppose to shoot for 20% fat. 40% carbs, 40% protein
Amber, word to the wise: The BFFM approach is a "cookie cutter" formula. Not everyone will respond favorably fat and weight loss wise to those percentages. IMO, Venuto sets the carb ratios too high for the average Joe/Joann.

I agree with Ileen that your starchy carbs, and even fruit, should be eaten earlier in the day, keeping later meals strictly protein, green veggies, and whatever fat is needed for satiety.

I have no issues with using whey protein, although whole foods do take longer to metabolism. That said, I would KEEP the whey shakes after your workouts because of their ability to enter the muscle cells quickly and the amino acids in them (spec. leucine) that will most quickly/effectively build the muscle that has been broken down during workouts.

I also enjoyed whey protein "pudding" concoctions before bed, and mostly eat casein before bed since it takes longer to digest and you'll be going longer hours w/o protein.

Gotta get back to court. More later.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #823

Ileen- that is my problem I dont know what to eat that is high protein and low fat to give me 190 grams of protein a day, that is a lot! So that is why I wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions, plus like a piece of fish at 10:00 am doesn't sound all that appetizing, LOL I get so confused about what to eat, that I end up just drinking shakes, or throwing the powder into oatmeal or cottage cheese or yogurt.

As T said you must use ****** it is crazy trying to track all this stuff otherwise, it is hard enough with it!!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #824

T- this is what that girl that is helping me recommended percentage wise, I think Tom is like 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat, I would much rather have more fat and less carbs!!! Like almonds and cheese would be lovely, as they are filling, that is what happened with lc after some time, I was never hungry and was only eating like 1100 calories a day cause fat is filling! Low fat is a drag that is for sure, but its one or the other, fat or carbs.

Do you really think I need almost 200 grams of protein?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #825
Senior LCF Member

What are whey protein "pudding" concoctions and casein ? Ladies I know I sound hopeless, but I will get all of this one day!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #826
Senior LCF Member

I forgot.... what kind of fruit?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #827

Casien--An attractive property of the casein molecule is its ability to form a gel or clot in the stomach, which makes it very efficient in nutrient supply. The clot is able to provide a sustained slow release of amino acids into the blood stream, sometimes lasting for several hours. This provides better nitrogen retention and use by the body. Plasma immunoreactive IGF-1 concentration in rats given a casein diet was higher than that in rats given a soya-bean-protein or protein-free diet. Because of its slow digesting properties, casein is widely used between meals and before bed to help bodybuilders maintain in an anabolic state.

Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein

Whey is what is in the protein powders, I prefer whey over soy, I think soy is yucky that is a matter of opinion, I prefer not to use soy when possible.

The powders can be blended to make all kinds of crazy stuff, pudding, brownies, whatever to get it in you and fill you up and make it taste good! I do not take casien, T and Ileen might be able to recommend a brand for you that is good.

I think they both like the Gaspari Myofusion protein powder??

http://www6.netrition.com/gaspari_my...n_protein.html

T- can elaborate when she has time.

Last edited by Bejewelme; 11-28-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #828

Quote:
Amber, word to the wise: The BFFM approach is a "cookie cutter" formula. Not everyone will respond favorably fat and weight loss wise to those percentages. IMO, Venuto sets the carb ratios too high for the average Joe/Joann.

I agree with Ileen that your starchy carbs, and even fruit, should be eaten earlier in the day, keeping later meals strictly protein, green veggies, and whatever fat is needed for satiety.

I have no issues with using whey protein, although whole foods do take longer to metabolism. That said, I would KEEP the whey shakes after your workouts because of their ability to enter the muscle cells quickly and the amino acids in them (spec. leucine) that will most quickly/effectively build the muscle that has been broken down during workouts.

I also enjoyed whey protein "pudding" concoctions before bed, and mostly eat casein before bed since it takes longer to digest and you'll be going longer hours w/o protein.
I agree post workout though we arent limited to just protein powder shakes at LBC, we can also use lean protein like tuna, eggs etc.

Evening coach does use casein as well for some clients.. I normally have greek yogurt and some PB on my plan. Fats slow down the faster proteins too. I make an 'ice cream' with my greek yog.

Last edited by inatic; 11-28-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Casien--An attractive property of the casein molecule is its ability to form a gel or clot in the stomach, which makes it very efficient in nutrient supply. The clot is able to provide a sustained slow release of amino acids into the blood stream, sometimes lasting for several hours. This provides better nitrogen retention and use by the body. Plasma immunoreactive IGF-1 concentration in rats given a casein diet was higher than that in rats given a soya-bean-protein or protein-free diet. Because of its slow digesting properties, casein is widely used between meals and before bed to help bodybuilders maintain in an anabolic state.

Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein

Whey is what is in the protein powders, I prefer whey over soy, I think soy is yucky that is a matter of opinion, I prefer not to use soy when possible.

The powders can be blended to make all kinds of crazy stuff, pudding, brownies, whatever to get it in you and fill you up and make it taste good! I do not take casien, T and Ileen might be able to recommend a brand for you that is good.

I think they both like the Gaspari Myofusion protein powder??

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Protein

T- can elaborate when she has time.
Thank you Amber! I need a charge account with Netrition to get me started!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #830

Quote:
Ileen- that is my problem I dont know what to eat that is high protein and low fat to give me 190 grams of protein a day, that is a lot! So that is why I wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions, plus like a piece of fish at 10:00 am doesn't sound all that appetizing, LOL I get so confused about what to eat, that I end up just drinking shakes, or throwing the powder into oatmeal or cottage cheese or yogurt.

As T said you must use ****** it is crazy trying to track all this stuff otherwise, it is hard enough with it!!!!
200g of protein is a healthy safty. I think you'd be fine with about 175g. Coach aims protein toward your goal wt when clients are not that lean or close to goal.
Amber most proteins will fit what you want. We eat chicken, (lean) top sirlon steak, tuna, talapia, turkey etc..

you can do cottage and some fruit for your 2nd meal and then move the steak and rice to pre workout/gym.

follow up with shake and a starchy carb

you dont need that much fruit in the am and i'd suggest whole food over that shake for protein.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #831

LOVE Gaspari Choc pb, Choc and Vanilla.

I do not use casein PP at all. Cottage cheese is a natural casein

do not consume soy at all if one has metobolism issues. Binds thyroid hormones!

Last edited by inatic; 11-28-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #832

i LOVE protein powder as PRO ICE CREAM..

scoop of PP
some water..
Lots of ice (double the water)
GOOD blender
Xanthum gum 1/4-1/2 tsp (start low)

blends up to THICK , H U G E blender full of soft serve Ice Cream!!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #833

I have a big tub of xanthum gum I will have to try that icecream, I have the bowls to put in the freezer and then the ice cream maker I wonder how that would get? I was going to try to make some with unsweetened almond milk and see how that turned out too. Yeah I think I was trying to eat the starchy stuff early like with lunch but I guess I could try to switch things around a little more, it would be much easier if I could work out in the morning,but the 4:00 work out suits best so I gotta make it work. I guess I could eat egg whites for breakfast, I really hate eating in the morning, doing LC I drank a shake everyday so I guess that is why I am still in that habit, I didn't know that shakes were absorbed differently than whole foods. I hate tuna, yak, except for like a tuna fillet, but that canned stuff just makes me hurl, LOL

I have been eating FF cottage cheese and those cottage cheese doubles with the fruit, like the 100 calorie things.

I think me and Kristi are aiming at 175, I was hoping to get there pre surgery but I don't know, my PS doesn't think I am going to get that low, but I keep trying, for as easily I as I lost weight, I just cant seem to budge it now, and I am exercising more than ever. He thinks I could maybe end up at 160-165 after skin removal. He doesn't think my large frame and build is going to allow me to go much lower.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
healthy fats
avocado
pb
raw almonds or other nuts.

fruit, any kind you want as long as it fits your cals/amt.

I dont think you need 190g of protein either. What is your 'guestimated' goal wt for your height/size.
When I started low calorie in 2010, my goal was 175. I am 5'6". When I met my husband almost 23 years ago I was 150. So, I would love to see 150 again, but..... what do yall think???
Old 11-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #835

Quote:
I have a big tub of xanthum gum I will have to try that icecream, I have the bowls to put in the freezer and then the ice cream maker I wonder how that would get? I was going to try to make some with unsweetened almond milk and see how that turned out too. Yeah I think I was trying to eat the starchy stuff early like with lunch but I guess I could try to switch things around a little more, it would be much easier if I could work out in the morning,but the 4:00 work out suits best so I gotta make it work. I guess I could eat egg whites for breakfast, I really hate eating in the morning, doing LC I drank a shake everyday so I guess that is why I am still in that habit, I didn't know that shakes were absorbed differently than whole foods. I hate tuna, yak, except for like a tuna fillet, but that canned stuff just makes me hurl, LOL

I have been eating FF cottage cheese and those cottage cheese doubles with the fruit, like the 100 calorie things.

I think me and Kristi are aiming at 175, I was hoping to get there pre surgery but I don't know, my PS doesn't think I am going to get that low, but I keep trying, for as easily I as I lost weight, I just cant seem to budge it now, and I am exercising more than ever. He thinks I could maybe end up at 160-165 after skin removal. He doesn't think my large frame and build is going to allow me to go much lower.
do you are putting your oats in the shake? or eating it on the side?
You could still do the shake if you wanted.. I'd just cut down on your use of them.
More exercise doesnt mean smarter.

Didnt you mention you were hypothyroid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
When I started low calorie in 2010, my goal was 175. I am 5'6". When I met my husband almost 23 years ago I was 150. So, I would love to see 150 again, but..... what do yall think???
even if you ultimately end up at 150 (might take a while) i'd still at least get in 175g of protein to start. You can go higher if you want tho.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #836

Well you know it all evolves, I bet if you ask T if she ever thought she would be as lean as she is now she would say heck no!! My doc's goal was 198 for me, I would really like to soon get there, LOL I am 5'10, I think it is good to be realistic about a weight you can maintain and be happy with, I have long ago accepted I am never going to be super lean or thin, and that is OK with me, I care about being healthy and not being over 350 pounds is a big step to that. If I end up at 175-or even 180 I can live with that, but I think as we try to look better and increase our physical fitness we naturally keep working on ourselves, I never see an end to the constant obsessing, especially since I am only getting older, we must be close in age, I am 43!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #837

Ileen- I mix the oatmeal with water and add the protein powder to the oatmeal, I love the banana flavor in oatmeal!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well you know it all evolves, I bet if you ask T if she ever thought she would be as lean as she is now she would say heck no!! My doc's goal was 198 for me, I would really like to soon get there, LOL I am 5'10, I think it is good to be realistic about a weight you can maintain and be happy with, I have long ago accepted I am never going to be super lean or thin, and that is OK with me, I care about being healthy and not being over 350 pounds is a big step to that. If I end up at 175-or even 180 I can live with that, but I think as we try to look better and increase our physical fitness we naturally keep working on ourselves, I never see an end to the constant obsessing, especially since I am only getting older, we must be close in age, I am 43!
I am 38 and knocking heavily on 39 (December 30th)!!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #839

You baby!!! LOL Well if you get this all under control by 40 what a great gift to yourself!!!I was 3 years behind in getting my butt in gear!!!! I had to wait til I was 43 to get close, LOL
Old 11-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #840

Quote:
it definitely evolves.. That is why I diet down in the summer and then lite/bulk build in the winter. There is always something to work on.

Staying stage lean isnt healthy anyway, so this adds some fun to it and a big break for my body to not be dieting all the time.