Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Yes, I work in Athens and the gym I go to is in Athens. So, I work out with a lot of college kids!!!
our 2nd oldest, just turned 25, graduated from Uni of Ga.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
our 2nd oldest, just turned 25, graduated from Uni of Ga.
I graduated from there in 97. I live in Danielsville. If you are familiar with the area, you know it is a very small town and doesn't have a gym.
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #783

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
You little GA peaches with your accents I bet, LOL I love southern accents! I am totally a NY talker, LOL My accent is more NY than Philly my husband grew up in Philly and is like WTH are you from? LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
You little GA peaches with your accents I bet, LOL I love southern accents! I am totally a NY talker, LOL My accent is more NY than Philly my husband grew up in Philly and is like WTH are you from? LOL
I definitely have a southern accent. When I was going to the University, I once asked a guy at the water fountain if he was just getting a swig of water and he looked at me like I was an idiot!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #785

We say that!!! I say a swig!! LOL I have the PA Dutch too, and that is what kills people, LOL

Like we say go start the car while, like go do that now! When I was travelling down South I would say that, and come back and I am like why didnt you do that? And they would say you said to do it in a while, LOL So confusing!! LOL That makes me laugh everytime!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #786

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Hey Ladies!
I have missed you! I was busy the last part of last week and out of town this weekend. I too am working on my eating plan like you Amber. I am trying to figure out how to do a plan with T's suggestions about 50-75 carbs. At 190 I need 1900 calories/day for weight loss right? And incorporating good carbs into this and lean protein....
Twyla and Ileen both of you have an awesome body. With the last few weeks that I have been going to the gym, I have noticed some extremelyskinny girls and then some fit girls... The fit girls look so much better. Since I am in a college town, the gym has a lot of fit and skinny girls!!! I am a little intimidated to do the free weight, but I decided the other day, to just go ahead and do some free weights. I truly felt like I had a good workout! As I was doing them, I remembered what you said Twyla, to make every rep count! I could hear all of your voices in my head!! (that may not be such a good thing.. but oh well!)
Hey, Kristi. Know what ya mean about being busy and away from the boards. It's a good place for exchange of info/support/encouragement, but sometimes life gets in the way.

As for your workouts, glad you weren't afraid to try the free weights. Did you ever get that book, New Rules of Lifting for Women? (can't remember if you said you did) It's a great book to have to show you many exercises, which ones to start with, why, the how-to's, which muscle group, and goes on to explain about the right choices of nutrition. The Muscle Directory link that I like to refer to shows these things, all muscle groups broken down, the exercises you can do for them, both video demos and text descriptions.

Exercise & Muscle Directory

Those carb amounts were only suggestions. It's a good place to start, but you may need a higher day now and then. Only you will know when that is, and the only way you will know is with trial and error, LEARNING HOW TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I can't stress how important it is, getting to know your body. It only responds positively if we are giving it the right stimuli, both in nutrition and in exercise. It will fight you at times if you begin losing weight too quickly, and you may begin to see plateaus. That's when you change things up slightly, either through macronutrients (cals, carbs, protein, fat, fluids) or through adjustments in cardio and training.

There has to be some place to "start," obviously, but I don't mean to imply that that is the BEST place. You will know that based on body response.

You seem very encouraged and focused on your mission, and that is sweet music to OUR EARS.

So. Keep at it, young lady. Show those skinny little girls how it's done!

Have a great day, you!

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #787

Quote:
.... I called the girls and told them to bring the strollers so I can take them for a walk after dinner!!! Playing with them outside hopefully is good exercise, LOL

Pylo work- ughghg my trainer is son into that stuff I hate it, but it does wear you out and build endurance and much more agility, I am not particurally graceful and I cant belive how much better I have gotten with that!

Feeling your arms, that has to be a great compliment, I am always saying that to my trainer, let me see this, or that!!!

Enjoy your holiday and your week, and days off, you deserve it!!! I am making LC items for Thanksgiving and going to try to reign it in!!! I am starting on the BFFM type plan that the fitness gal sent me, I was 205 this morning, considering I was as high as 211 this week after gross strays I am glad, I am hoping it will work, back to being a slave to ****** and making sure the percentages are exactly right! Luckily Thursday is a high day! I am going to watch the fat and focus on Mr. Turkey which is my fav anyway!
Amber, that strolling sounds like a good option for exercise after dinner, work off some of those cals. I plan to go on a walk/jog at my mother-in-law's farm. I just need to make sure I am wearing blaze orange, since she lives WAAAAY out in the country in Hunters Paradise. I'm not particularly FOND of orange, esp BLAZE orange, so it won't be anything from MY closet, I assure you. So I'll dig out a hunting vest from her house, or something. Maybe a hat? Hah! Lovely. Gawd, I hate those orange hunting hats, esp the ones with foam and netting. (insert appalled Smiley) Oh, I can't get started on this subject...I'll embarrass myself.

Incidentally, I happen to LIKE men in hats. Just not orange ones.

The LC approach for Thanksgiving is a good one, and it's not so difficult to accomplish. I will be fine, as long as I stay away from my drug of choice (sugar). It's like telling an addict: Oh, and remember, you can only have one hit, got that?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #788

Quote:
T i bet you can bake or cook something for a local shelter or pantry. Im sure they'd love something that you have put so much of yourself into.

Glad you are going to have some nice downtime, even if some of it is spent working.. at home at least your surrounded by comforts.

Our thanksgiving will be celebrated with 30 members of our family (all local). Always a huge get together and a blast. food, omgosh!
Ileen, I like the local pantry idea. That's a great suggestion.

Thirty members at your Thanksgiving table/celebration. How fun! What great memories for your family. A blast? No DOUBT about that!

Holidays mess with me. Still. I guess that's to be expected. I miss my mom so much. It hurts so deeply at times. She was the "glue" that held MY family together; it was because of her that we would make time to get together and build those memories. Now? My family members find excuses for every little thing. "Everyone is too busy." That's so lame. More than anything, it is a dishonor to her memory, because she WANTED us to get together as a family and celebrate AS a family.

Okay. Moving on.

My sons will hopefully remember these times at "Grandma's farm on Thanksgiving" as they grow older. I will continue to try to reinforce the importance of making time to be together.

Once someone we love has gone on, or we lose touch with them, etc., memories are all we have left.

But memories are never taken from us. That's the beauty of it.

Hope you guys make some WONDERFUL memories at this season.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:36 AM   #789

I was able to get a good run in yesterday morning. My energy was good, and it totally made my day to be able to start the day with a run again. It had been a while.

Later in the day I got VERY hungry, and I'd run out of food at the office. All I had left were almonds and whey protein. Some nat PB. Better than nothing, but I was really fighting it. And I had even had oats with my breakfast, which usually keep me full most of the day. It's funny, after I got home and had a quick snack of some lean protein, I was fine, went to the gym, did a heavy lower body workout, followed by 20 mins s/s cardio, and it's as if the hungries had never happened. I had a post workout shake and then a balanced protein/carb meal, and I was fine the rest of the evening.

A quick stop for some grocery items at the store yesterday morning, I discovered that Walmart had sweet potatoes for .38 a pound! No kidding??? I bought more than a few.

I'm loving that I've been able to maintain my weight, now that the initial post-competition pigout has come and gone. I'm encouraged. I feel good at this weight, and I feel strong and focused.

But I need more coffee...that's the BEST part of mornings!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #790

Aw T- I am sorry about your Mom, I am so grateful for my Gram, she turned 90 and I am so blessed to have had her all this time, we just adore her!!!! Today is the 5 year anniversary of my BF that died of a sudden heart attack, 5 years ago, but I cant help but wonder if he is the one that brought Tony to me, I am always sad for his family though now.

Those were some cheap potatoes, I got some for .79 and thought that was good, its hard to find sweet potatos and not yams!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #791

T i hope your family latches onto keep the holidays a very special part/time together. Your mum would be so proud of how your hold not only her honor but tradition so close.
Im sorry your family doesnt understand how special family truely is.

Amber, I was born and raised in bklyn ny for most of my almost 50yrs. We lived in NJ for about 7 before choosing to move south to ga. We've been here 16yrs and i'll never live up north again. Im told i still have an ever so slight north 'sound' but only on a few words. I've adopted and adapted quite well to the south. Ya'll sounds perfect, you guys, not so much.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #792

Wow Ileen its tough to lose the Brooklyn speak, LOL I am sure you love the milder weather, I hate winter I swear I leave work at 3:30 and it was so dark and dreery yesterday my headlights came on, at 3:30 ughgh I hate that winter just blows here, I want to live out West that is what we are shooting for!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #793

its 75 today
Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #794

42, raw and rain!!! LOL
Old 11-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #795

Loving my ME TIME today on my day off. I have the house to myself. My oldest son is working, my youngest is at a sport function with youth, and I'm cooking and baking and listening to tunes, and singing to the top of my lungs, and -- having a wonderful time.

I wanna find time for some cardio today, but likely will not lift today. Not sure. The gym may close early, but if I change my mind, I can work out in the garage.

The sun is shining, thankfully, after such a dreary day yesterday.

I woke up today only 2 lbs over what I weighed the morning I left town for my competition. Wow. I'm shocked. I was expecting to have to work harder to keep my weight down after my EXPLOSIVE PIGOUT. Maybe it did my metabolism some good.....

Keeping the candles lit today as I chill and reflect on my blessings, past and present.

Carry on, Bono.... (SO love this song)

Old 11-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #796

Happy Thaksgiving T, I am off to Mom's with a firm grip on my wine, LOL And my LC sides I made, LOL

Enjoy the day off and more importantly the family time!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 04:04 AM   #797

Quote:
Happy Thaksgiving T, I am off to Mom's with a firm grip on my wine, LOL And my LC sides I made, LOL

Enjoy the day off and more importantly the family time!!!
Yes, Amber!

May you and your family enjoy this day and time together.

We have much to be thankful for.

Enjoy those legal side dishes .... (and the WINE!)

Old 11-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #798

Old 11-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/201.2/145
WOE: Atkin's Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: Restarted at 205 lbs/Highest wt: 246
Hey Ladies........I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your families and friends!

Twyla: I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

I am really excited that I survived the holiday and stayed on plan. I had turkey, ham, brussel sprouts, and the LC sides I brought to the house where we had dinner. (I packed 1/4 c. of mashed cauliflower, 1/2 of a serving of Linda Sue's Stuffing Pie, and 1/2 of a baked sweet potato with butter & splenda on it). I never felt deprived at the Thanksgiving table.

I even picked up a low-carb, sugar-free cheesecake for myself.....(I made up a blueberry glaze using fresh wild blueberries & splenda, as well as whipped cream for the top of the cheesecake). YUMMMM.....it didn't bother me that I couldn't have the other sugary desserts. I definitely ate more than I usually do at any sitting......but at least I stayed on plan!

I even went to my gym this morning! They were open till 12 noon for Thanksgiving, so I ran over there to get my hour and a half workout in, (cardio and heavy weights)! It felt good to work out, so I didn't feel so bad about eating a little bit more food than I usually do!

Twyla & Ileen: I have been incorporating the change in my workouts as you suggested.....(warmup first, then weight lifting, then finish with my cardio). It's taking me some time to get used to it, but you were right.......I am able to lift heavier weight with more control by not being so fatigued from a long cardio workout beforehand! Thanks so much for your insight; we appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us.

Also Twyla.....I'm glad to hear that you are getting back in the swing with running and working out again. Just make sure you don't rush back into it too quickly.....I hope you rested enough after the competition.

Well, I hope everyone had a nice holiday.........once more.......Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Feb 1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on low-carb, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back when I stopped doing low-carb). I'm baaaaack!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #800

Hi T- hope you had a good day, I ate some naughty things, but ran in the morning and pulled 150 pounds of kids in a wagon with a broken wheel, LOL That was my workout, LOL OMG they were so impressed that Aunt Amber could run with them!!!

Got the presents wrapped last night -well a start anyway!

Mom pulled out a bunch of old photos she found, OMG shocking!! I said why didnt someone take the fork out of my hand? LOL

Enjoy the long weekend, today I am taking Gram to the casino, she loves it it is her B-day present, I thought she would be up by now!

Going to run later tonight when we get back it was the most beautiful day yesterday, hit 60 degress suppose to be the same although it is 32 this morning!
Old 11-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #801

Quote:
Hi T- hope you had a good day, I ate some naughty things, but ran in the morning and pulled 150 pounds of kids in a wagon with a broken wheel, LOL That was my workout, LOL OMG they were so impressed that Aunt Amber could run with them!!!

Got the presents wrapped last night -well a start anyway!

Mom pulled out a bunch of old photos she found, OMG shocking!! I said why didnt someone take the fork out of my hand? LOL

Enjoy the long weekend, today I am taking Gram to the casino, she loves it it is her B-day present, I thought she would be up by now!

Going to run later tonight when we get back it was the most beautiful day yesterday, hit 60 degress suppose to be the same although it is 32 this morning!
Rude awakening, huh? Those older photos have a way of keeping us on track, don't they?

Amber, sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. I ate off plan, intentionally. It's Thanksgiving, and I wanted to enjoy some "naughty" things. Back on track today, lots of water, good workout. No issues. No regrets.

Hope you enjoy the casino trip with your Gram. Memories...

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 11-25-2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #802

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives.
Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day.
Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought.
And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears,
could be happiness or joy.
But think about it.
If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.
That's a heck of a day.
You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.”

-Jim Valvano

Old 11-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #803

off plan for me too T. Coach said. Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hannakah is for family and tradition. 'dieting is just plain silly'

Here's our crew. Its just family, all local but one

Linda, awesome!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the whole crew on thanksgiving 11-24-11.jpg (56.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #804

Ileen- You look so pretty!! We always just see parts of you!! LOL

Well casino was fun with Gram we played all day and came out even whew I was down to my last $20 and hit a good one, LOL It was fun, wow it has been a year since I took her to a casino and she could hardly walk, its hard to accept her aging, I just always want her to be there! I told her I will get a wheelchair and take her in the Spring, she has so little that she loves doing so I have to do this more often for her.

No running today but spin class tomorrow did pretty well food wise considering I was out, drank a ton of water!

T- hope you are enjoying!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/201.2/145
WOE: Atkin's Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: Restarted at 205 lbs/Highest wt: 246
Ileen: What a great picture of the whole gang;......(and you look beautiful!)
Linda1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Hello ladies!!! Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

I had typed a long post and somehow lost it!! Ugggggg!!!

I am planning my food for next week and had some more questions...
1)I need to eat 1900 cals to lose
2)50-75carbs/day (this is from your suggestion T, and I will listen to my body)
3)food/menu suggestions.....

T, I must have overlooked the post about the book, but I will get it next week. We only have a dollar general and I'm sure they don't have it!!. Thanks for the help!

I, you have a great family!

A, I'm glad you had a great time at the casino! I so miss spending time with my granny!

Thanks again ladies for all your help!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #807

Kristi- I just saw that post from T too about the book, this site is strange sometimes posts dont show up right away! I might look into that as well!

Yes today is planning day!!! Cooking and preparing, and the outside lights are going up, and gym and football, I cant believe the long weekend is almost over!

Enjoy it girls, back to the grind tomorrow!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 02:28 AM   #808

Quote:
off plan for me too T. Coach said. Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hannakah is for family and tradition. 'dieting is just plain silly'

Here's our crew. Its just family, all local but one

Linda, awesome!!
Ileen! What a FABULOUS pic of your "crew" -- just awesome, girl! Beautiful family of one beautiful lady. Thanks so much for sharing.

It appears as if you enjoyed your yummies too, and why not, since it only comes once a year, and these special times are MEANT to be celebrated!
Old 11-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #809

Quote:
Ileen- You look so pretty!! We always just see parts of you!! LOL

Well casino was fun with Gram we played all day and came out even whew I was down to my last $20 and hit a good one, LOL It was fun, wow it has been a year since I took her to a casino and she could hardly walk, its hard to accept her aging, I just always want her to be there! I told her I will get a wheelchair and take her in the Spring, she has so little that she loves doing so I have to do this more often for her.

No running today but spin class tomorrow did pretty well food wise considering I was out, drank a ton of water!

T- hope you are enjoying!
Amber, I was gonna try to run yesterday (Sunday), but the day ended up being VERY, VERY busy/hectic, and it rained all day anyway. I may go out this morning. Glad you had your memories with Gram.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #810

Quote:
Hello ladies!!! Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

I had typed a long post and somehow lost it!! Ugggggg!!!

Doesn't that just kick you when that happens? I try to remember, when typing LONG POSTS, to copy it to my clipboard before I hit REVIEW or SUBMIT POST so that I don't lose it.

I am planning my food for next week and had some more questions...
1)I need to eat 1900 cals to lose
2)50-75carbs/day (this is from your suggestion T, and I will listen to my body)
3)food/menu suggestions.....

Post today's menu and we'll take a look at it. Eat the way you normally would, putting thought into WHAT you eat, be sure to eat protein at every meal, and you're wise to eat every 3 hrs if you can make that happen (while building muscle); and go easy on your carb amounts at the beginning to see how your body reacts to the; NO JUNK CARBS; lots of water (no less than a gallon); go easy on fat when you eat your carb meals; keep your carbs close to your workout times.

T, I must have overlooked the post about the book, but I will get it next week. We only have a dollar general and I'm sure they don't have it!!. Thanks for the help!

Amazon. My go-to source for all good reads!

Thanks again ladies for all your help!
Keeping a record of everything you eat will be great and eye-opening for you as you adjust your diet, make changes/tweaks, and track your overall progress.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!