Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
All that was cool she made those for you, and the trim matched your bikini!!! The big question is did you place? Did you win? Did you get a trophy? You looked the best by fa rin that lineup, none of those girls had abs of steel like yours! I am still thinking of 9% body fat, I will for sure be 6 feet under a long time before I reach that, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
I know you are very busy and I appreciate you offering to help me. From years ago I remember basically eggs, meat, and cheese, but from what I am seeing you and the others that post on your journal now that is not really what I should do. My plans for the gym are M-W-F cardio and weights (I will be using machines if that matters) and cardio only on T & Th. So, what should I start out eating and does that look right for the gym. Also, I forgot, should I do a few minutes of cardio before the weights and then finish up with more cardio after the weights. I hope those questions make sense.?.?

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #693

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
I know you are very busy and I appreciate you offering to help me. From years ago I remember basically eggs, meat, and cheese, but from what I am seeing you and the others that post on your journal now that is not really what I should do. My plans for the gym are M-W-F cardio and weights (I will be using machines if that matters) and cardio only on T & Th. So, what should I start out eating and does that look right for the gym. Also, I forgot, should I do a few minutes of cardio before the weights and then finish up with more cardio after the weights. I hope those questions make sense.?.?

Thanks again!!!
Kristi, there are many different ways of eating while implementing a lifting and cardio plan into our agenda. Some people are more tolerant of carbs than others when it comes to insulin response/resistance, which is key in how effectively our bodies burn fat.

You may want to start out very conservatively with carbs, much like Atkins, say 20-30 carbs a day for a couple of weeks to get your body into ketosis and to rid yourself of the toxins and such, setting yourself up for decent, effective fat burning. You know the rules/plan.

At some point you may find yourself in one of many scenarios:

1) Stalled weight loss (not necessarily meaning stalled fat loss)
2) Low energy levels
(among others)

At this point you may want to try slowly increasing your carbs on your lifting days. You would want to try to eat the majority of your carbs before and after your workouts. Play with the amounts at first, raising them slightly, wait it out, see how your body responds. Stick with low glycemic fruits and complex carbs such as brown rice, oats, sweet potatoes, very small amounts to start with, say ¼ to ½ cup per serving, one serving per meal. Make sure your lean protein is plentiful at all meals. Green veggies, all ya want at all times of the day. I like to shoot for no less than 1.25 g per pound of body weight.

The other approach (the one I prefer) is carb rotations. This is when you stay low carb (that’s a relative term for everyone, but for me, it’s 50 carbs or under) for 3 to 4 days, then have a higher carb day to refill glycogen – same sources of carbs as listed above. ( Track everything you put in your mouth regardless of the plan you implement so that you’ll know what’s working, what’s not. ) Then another 3-4 days of low carb, repeat the high day. High day should be started conservatively 75-100 carbs, and you can add to that if your body responds favorably.

The carb rotations keep your body guessing. Our bodies will become complacent when presented with the same stimuli, whether fuel or exercise, cardio, etc. Always keep it changing to maximize effectiveness with fat burning.

As for the workouts, you can do very light cardio for 10 mins or so to warm up, but never do your cardio before weights, always after. Try to shoot for 20-30 mins of cardio after your weight training 2-3 x per week, with some HIIT cardio a couple other days during the week, again, keeping it guessing. Machines are fine for now, but at some point you may wanna experiment with free weights because they challenge our core and engage far more muscles in the body – i.e., we do the work, not the machines. I implement both in my weekly routine, machines and free weights. And ALWAYS train progressively and with mind to the muscle. Keep challenging yourself, and don't just daydream when you're going through your sets. Concentrate on the muscle being worked and work in a controlled manner, as opposed to using momentum.

Always take in a whey protein shake following your training sessions within 30 mins of your workouts to help with muscle recovery. Avoid fat or fiber during this window of post workout nutrition; you want the protein to be absorbed rapidly, and both fat and fiber will slow that process.

Bottom line: Start conservatively with carbs, and add to that as you find you need to or if your body response warrants it. When you have higher carb days, always drop your fat grams on those days. High carbs and higher fat does not mix and will further stall the fat burning.

Hope this helps? I’m sure Ileen, if she’s reading, will have lots to add to this as well. She’s a wonderful source of knowledge!

There are probably things I've forgotten to mention, but this might help for starters. Best of luck to you. No better time than today to GET STARTED, track your food, be consistent with your workouts, make no excuses, and just do it -- as it's said: JUST DO IT. There are not shortcuts to success. Only hard work, discipline and commitment. You can do it if you want it bad enough, girl!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
All that was cool she made those for you, and the trim matched your bikini!!! The big question is did you place? Did you win? Did you get a trophy? You looked the best by fa rin that lineup, none of those girls had abs of steel like yours! I am still thinking of 9% body fat, I will for sure be 6 feet under a long time before I reach that, LOL

I know, I know...I gotta hurry and tell the whole story, don't I? No, I did not win. I did not place in the top five. There were 16-18 in my division (45+ Masters Figure), and I only hope that I did not place dead last. I don't know where I placed yet. Last time I checked results had not been posted. As a first time competitor, I did not expect to place in the top five, but I'm hopeful I didn't do too bad.

But thanks for the kudos on your impressions. I am a winner in my book for simply taking the time to commit to the discipline of prep diet and prep training. I am my biggest competitor, and that's what most meaningful to me, kwim? I competed against myself, and I won.

Back later when I have more time...
Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #695

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
That is EXACTLY the mindset!

will pop back in with some thoughts as well later.

Quote:
I am a winner in my book for simply taking the time to commit to the discipline of prep diet and prep training. I am my biggest competitor, and that's what most meaningful to me, kwim?

I competed against myself, and I won.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lisa46
Stats: 164/117/128 -- 5'4"
WOE: LC with balance
Start Date: Recommitted 4-18-06
I just can't imagine ANYONE looking better than you.
Lisa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #697

Ok T- I had to find one for you!!!!!!

You are #1 in my book and deserve the biggest trophy out there, no one could have looked better than you!!!! And you work so hard and help all of us who are still struggling to look half as good as you!!!! You are a constant source of inspiration and the picture of determination!!!!

PS I got my check from Atkins today, my story goes up on their website 12/20!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #698

Some of my thoughts........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Kristi, there are many different ways of eating while implementing a lifting and cardio plan into our agenda. Some people are more tolerant of carbs than others when it comes to insulin response/resistance, which is key in how effectively our bodies burn fat.

You may want to start out very conservatively with carbs, much like Atkins, say 20-30 carbs a day for a couple of weeks to get your body into ketosis and to rid yourself of the toxins and such, setting yourself up for decent, effective fat burning. You know the rules/plan.

At some point you may find yourself in one of many scenarios:

1) Stalled weight loss (not necessarily meaning stalled fat loss)
2) Low energy levels
(among others)

At this point you may want to try slowly increasing your carbs on your lifting days. You would want to try to eat the majority of your carbs before and after your workouts. Play with the amounts at first, raising them slightly, wait it out, see how your body responds. Stick with low glycemic fruits and complex carbs such as brown rice, oats, sweet potatoes, very small amounts to start with, say ¼ to ½ cup per serving, one serving per meal. Make sure your lean protein is plentiful at all meals. Green veggies, all ya want at all times of the day. I like to shoot for no less than 1.25 g per pound of body weight.

The other approach (the one I prefer) is carb rotations. This is when you stay low carb (that’s a relative term for everyone, but for me, it’s 50 carbs or under) for 3 to 4 days, then have a higher carb day to refill glycogen – same sources of carbs as listed above. ( Track everything you put in your mouth regardless of the plan you implement so that you’ll know what’s working, what’s not. ) Then another 3-4 days of low carb, repeat the high day. High day should be started conservatively 75-100 carbs, and you can add to that if your body responds favorably.

The carb rotations keep your body guessing. Our bodies will become complacent when presented with the same stimuli, whether fuel or exercise, cardio, etc. Always keep it changing to maximize effectiveness with fat burning.

As for the workouts, you can do very light cardio for 10 mins or so to warm up, but never do your cardio before weights, always after. Try to shoot for 20-30 mins of cardio after your weight training 2-3 x per week, with some HIIT cardio a couple other days during the week, again, keeping it guessing. Machines are fine for now, but at some point you may wanna experiment with free weights because they challenge our core and engage far more muscles in the body – i.e., we do the work, not the machines. I implement both in my weekly routine, machines and free weights. And ALWAYS train progressively and with mind to the muscle. Keep challenging yourself, and don't just daydream when you're going through your sets. Concentrate on the muscle being worked and work in a controlled manner, as opposed to using momentum.

Always take in a whey protein shake following your training sessions within 30 mins of your workouts to help with muscle recovery. Avoid fat or fiber during this window of post workout nutrition; you want the protein to be absorbed rapidly, and both fat and fiber will slow that process.

Bottom line: Start conservatively with carbs, and add to that as you find you need to or if your body response warrants it. When you have higher carb days, always drop your fat grams on those days. High carbs and higher fat does not mix and will further stall the fat burning.

Hope this helps? I’m sure Ileen, if she’s reading, will have lots to add to this as well. She’s a wonderful source of knowledge!

There are probably things I've forgotten to mention, but this might help for starters. Best of luck to you. No better time than today to GET STARTED, track your food, be consistent with your workouts, make no excuses, and just do it -- as it's said: JUST DO IT. There are not shortcuts to success. Only hard work, discipline and commitment. You can do it if you want it bad enough, girl!
As T says, there are many ways to skin a cat...

I dont like LC, dont feel well LC. some people do. Id rather a solid strong workout, fed/fueled than struggling for energy. For the most part, LBC/ my coach doesnt use that method either.. We mostly do a two day type rotation especially starting out.

Calories start at about body wt x 12. ride that for a bit.. dont immediately assume you arent losing. We had one gal just hand in a biweekly.. she lost ONLY 1lb but lose 6.5 inches!

Training days and non training days and for the most part the same but might cycle cals/carbs/fat.. A few carb meals less on a non training day and more fat, than training. Energy levels stay up that way. If one is more insulin resistant than that gets tweaked but one doesnt immediately start out LC.

Definitely progress to free wts! you use more of your body and core than a stationary fixed movement.

I dont suggest a newbie start with HIIT but some Slow steady 2x a week for 20-30m. We dont use cardio as any form of a warm up.. The proper warm up for wt training is dynamic stretching/warm up and rep warm ups for that exercise (especially the first one)
Old 11-10-2011, 03:33 AM   #699

Kristi- to echo what the girls said, I lost most of my weight on LC, then in June I really kicked up the exercise and was following the BFFM program, as Ileen said I feel much better eating more carbs and working out harder! I bought my wedding gown in May that didnt close, the lady said I needed to lose 30 pounds for it to fit, in 6 weeks with my trainer I lost 9 pounds and the dress closed, by October I had only lost like 15 pounds but the dress had to be taken in, so does weight matter if you are firming up and getting in much better shape? I am trying desperately to get under 200 and almost passed out doing LC last night at the gym, I was wuzzy, I feel like Ileen I would rather eat and work out hard, the weight is frustrating to say the least but I know I am getting in better shape and one of these days that scale is going to move, and my size 14 jeans are loose!!!! So try what the girls suggest and see what works, and see what you want to focus on,

Last edited by Bejewelme; 11-10-2011 at 03:35 AM..
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #700

LISA, thank you. Good to see you on LCF again, btw. Don't be a stranger.

AMBER... That trophy is PERFECT. Nice and big and shiny -- beautiful. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!

I had no power cord with me at home last night, so I had no chance to get online. But I'm glad to see that Ileen and Amber have added to my comments for Kristi.

KRISTI, as you can see the common thread among our posts, one of the most important things you'll want to remember is that as you get fit and work on getting lean and strong, please don't get hung up on scale weight. We all have experienced firsthand how weight training, combined with a proper diet and cardio, can help us to shed fat and reduce inches, even when the scale shows very little change. That's the BIGGEST mistake people make, esp common on LCF, when trying to stay focused on their agenda. They let a scale number influence them, bring them down, frustrate them, and then they lose sight of their goals, their willpower, and either give up, change plans too quickly, or second guess everything that they attempt to do.

Patience and persistence will bring progress.

Feel free to ask us other questions as you go along. We'll help all we can.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #701

Quote:
PS I got my check from Atkins today, my story goes up on their website 12/20!!!!

FABULOUS!

Cha-Ching! Your hard work has PAID off in more ways than one!
How cool is THAT!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #702
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much to all of you for responding. I never expected to get all this good information.

For a little back ground on my weight loss, I started back in August 2010 watching my calorie intake and by Feb 2011, I had lost ~30lbs. I never really incorporated much exercise. So, in 2/11 I bought the Insanity videos and from that time till now, I have basically been losing and gaining the same 5-7lbs. With my schedule and the fact that my small town does not have a gym, I started walking and doing different videos at home, but then last week I had a change in my schedule and so I am able to go to the gym. And I realized that just watching calories was not enough, so I would try to do lower carb.

With doing lower carb, are/did you do egg beaters instead eggs, turkey bacon instead of bacon, etc. I guess healthier lower carb if this makes sense?

I may have already messed up today, I didn't realize how many carbs butternut squash had in it....

Also, the shake after the workout, can you buy one commercially? When I leave the gym, it is ~1 hr or longer before I get home.

Thanks again ladies, you don't know how much this means to me!!
kmcentire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #703

If i do low carb, I eat real eggs real bacon, but if I am eating healthy carbs, ie: oatmeal, steel cut oats, sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa, etc then I watch the fat and eat egg whites only, turkey bacon, etc, its been hard for me, as T knows, I struggle going back and forth and for me, the exercise is changing my body and that is my favorite the working out,so then I get all nuts and try to do LC and cant work out, so my body is fighting me, well I am fighting it, I need to do what I know is best and just wait,but that gets tough to do when I have been stalled here for almost 2 months, some of it my fault, like eating on our honeymoon! LOL

As for shakes there are many ready to drink shakes you can buy and take with you in a cooler with an ice pack for post workout, I like the Oh Yeah Protein shakes, the Pure Protein ones are good, low in fat and carbs, although a little carb post workout is good!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 11-10-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If i do low carb, I eat real eggs real bacon, but if I am eating healthy carbs, ie: oatmeal, steel cut oats, sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa, etc then I watch the fat and eat egg whites only, turkey bacon, etc, its been hard for me, as T knows, I struggle going back and forth and for me, the exercise is changing my body and that is my favorite the working out,so then I get all nuts and try to do LC and cant work out, so my body is fighting me, well I am fighting it, I need to do what I know is best and just wait,but that gets tough to do when I have been stalled here for almost 2 months, some of it my fault, like eating on our honeymoon! LOL

As for shakes there are many ready to drink shakes you can buy and take with you in a cooler with an ice pack for post workout, I like the Oh Yeah Protein shakes, the Pure Protein ones are good, low in fat and carbs, although a little carb post workout is good!

Thanks so much! I guess from doing the lower calories, I have my mind set to these kinds of food.......

Being stalled is the worst!! I am a scaleaholic!! I know that this is terrible. I guess I should measure myself?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #705

you dont have to have a shake but have a lean protein. I often eat chicken, talapia (or other white fish) eggwhites too.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #706

NPC Kentucky Muscle, Nov 5, 2011

My first competition experience was a mostly positive one. The prep itself – both dieting and training – were challenging at times, but for the most part, both were rewarding: The dieting paid off with my body responding to the fuel with lean gains and progressive fat loss. The training was rewarding from the gains I was able to make in my abs, back and delts, while chiseling away fat from my thighs, a problem area for as long as I can remember (and will always be). There were times when I became very depleted, did not get adequate rest (up too late and up too early), and my body protested with noticeable dips in energy. But I persisted, and it eventually reset and progress continued.

At the briefing meeting after my tanning session on Friday night, I learned that this show was one of the largest shows in the country – how daunting! Had I known that going in, would I have decided to compete? Not sure. Just glad I didn’t know. As it turns out, there were 13 total competitors in the Masters Figure 45+ Division, and I ended up placing 8th. Would I have liked to place in the top 5? Hell, yes. But it was my first competition, and I left there HOPING that I at least would not place last. I was surprised that some of the women who placed in the top 5 were not as muscular as I am, but they were of a more petite frame, and perhaps that’s what the judges were looking for “this time.” A petite frame I’ll never be. And that’s fine. It is what it is. I’m happy to have placed 8th in my first competition.

Regardless of the outcome, I was able to get into the best shape of my life. My energy was out the roof, along with my self-confidence and mindset. I felt energetic, focused, strong, lean, confident and driven like never before – what an amazing high! That alone was worth the effort I had put forth for the last 12 weeks!

My spray tanning session was eventful. The tanning sponsors at the Kentucky Muscle (Liquid Sunrayz) insisted on two coats for the figure competitors (in fact, for most competitors), and I was shocked at how DARK I ended up being. Very exotic, ethnic-looking! Kind of cool, though, I gotta admit! Had to wear all black, no panties, no bra, the entire first evening, sleeping in loose black clothing on brown sheets I’d brought with me so as not to ruin the sheets at the hotel. I packed my food that I was directed to eat – the chicken, oats, sweet potatoes and fish, all weighed and placed in baggies. Water was cut back starting two days out from competition, and I tracked that closely. I hardly slept a wink the night before show day, excited out of my mind, a zillion thoughts running through my head. I had practiced posing as much as I could, but it’s never enough, so they say.

I met lots of wonderful people at the competition, both men and women. An amazing group of focused, dedicated, disciplined athletes, all with reciprocal respect for each other. Email addresses were exchanged. It was so uplifting to be included among this group of competitors!

There were stressful times during my prep in which I wanted to just sit and cry – namely when my competition suit was late arriving for my first fitting, only to find that the woman/seamstress from whom I’d ordered it sent me the wrong suit – wrong fit, wrong color! Great. And it was already late in arriving, the competition only a week away, which allowed me ZERO time to pose in my suit, and presented even more stress not knowing that the replacement suit – assuming it even arrived in time for the competition – would fit properly. It was indeed stressful beyond words, and all when my dieting was being dialed in, making me more irritable, more depleted, yet still having to keep up with the training and cardio demands, juggle work and life and family and … S T R E S S … unlike I’d ever experienced before! Although I had ordered a purple suit, I found out that I would have to settle for a “stock” color because she had to order the purple fabric, and we only had a week left before competition. She admitted screwing up my order and gave me a modest discount for my “inconvenience.” That hardly helped calm my fears and worries. I settled for the pink fabric, and thankfully it arrived in the nick of time, the evening BEFORE I left for the competition. I even had to do last minute mending adjustments in the motel room, once my coach fitted me with the suit Friday night following my spray tanning session. Looking back now, it still pisses me off how unfair that was to me, the whole suit screw-up ordeal!

I packed my beloved Ergo – there was no way I was leaving for the competition without it – and some things I’d been craving, pretzel M&M’s, Parmesan Pita Chips, and Mississippi Mud that a friend had made for our family a week or so before (I saved my servings in ziplocs in the freezer to take them with me). I was allowed to have half a glass of Ergo just before going on stage. When other competitors saw my Ergo, they begged me to share, which I did. It was a hit among us, as well it should be. (It’s just that good!)

Following the competition, we all went out for pizza in Louisville’s best-loved pizza place, Wick’s Pizza. I ordered a 10” chicken pizza with lots of veggies and ate it all by myself! I proceeded to eat with reckless abandon for the next two days (although I had intended to limit it to the next 24 hrs only), and I don’t even want to guess at how many calories and/or carbs I ingested in that amount of time. Shameful doesn’t come close.

I now have to decide if I want to compete again. I’ll take some time off and think it through. I’m anxious to get back to clean eating and training again. I want to maintain as closely as possible to my competition weight, no more than 5-7 lbs above. I loved feeling that way, looking that way. My energy was out the roof, and I’d never been happier, more confident. I want to be there again. It’s time to work off this post-competition bloat and get back to business, working on perfecting problem areas and dialing in on building, perfecting, leaning, definition. I want to enjoy the holidays, but with control and mindfulness.

I am including photos that were taken from the morning we left until the hours following the finals on Saturday night. I have a few photos that I’ll share later when I have time that were taken the “morning after” following my pizza orgy. The good, the bad, AND the ugly. It’s all part of the experience. Why not? LOL

And THAT … is the story of my first figure competition.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 11-11-2011 at 02:15 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #707

T- Thanks for taking the time to share all that with us I was so curious about the whole experience!! First bugger on those judges, like really how do they judge one from the other, and you are way more freaking ripped! Those darn short girls, we never have a chance!!! Your abs are simply amazing and that trophy was for them!!!! But placing 8th in your first competition is amazing, and you should be very proud, although I am still mad cause I think you should have won!!! LOL

The suit, that is a bugger and totally stressful but I think that pink color looks wonderful on you, I would have never known you wanted something otherwise! Spray tans, well yes they are scary, isnt it like a gas chamber? I had a mystic tan and I thought I was being killed, LOL Your friend in the yellow is a very strange shade, you were dark but you wore it well! I agree you look very ethnic or exotic!

The pics though in your regular clothing, you look amazing!!!I cant imagine strutting in that skimpy suit, OMG I would die! You look younger and honestly like a young girl going off to school is all I can think of, LOL So that should make you feel good!!!! I dont know how you can improve anything good grief! But if I know you, you are back at and fussing with some part that needs attention!!!! It was really fun watching you on this journey, I am so proud to know you! You are like my friend that competes she is such a nice person, she is taking time off to help some of the other girls, she said the dieting up and down for 10 years now is taking its toll, she turns 54 this year! She found some new trainer with a more consistent approach to diet she said she has one more competition in her then just help others.

I am pushing my trainer to do a show, she wants to but she is all scared, she is amazing too, I think she might do it and it will be cool to go and see her. Losing weight is one thing, but the determination and careful attention to detail and the workouts it is mind blowing what you put in, that is why you continue to be such an inspiration!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #708

Quote:
T- Thanks for taking the time to share all that with us I was so curious about the whole experience!! First bugger on those judges, like really how do they judge one from the other, and you are way more freaking ripped! Those darn short girls, we never have a chance!!! Your abs are simply amazing and that trophy was for them!!!! But placing 8th in your first competition is amazing, and you should be very proud, although I am still mad cause I think you should have won!!! LOL

The suit, that is a bugger and totally stressful but I think that pink color looks wonderful on you, I would have never known you wanted something otherwise! Spray tans, well yes they are scary, isnt it like a gas chamber? I had a mystic tan and I thought I was being killed, LOL Your friend in the yellow is a very strange shade, you were dark but you wore it well! I agree you look very ethnic or exotic!

The pics though in your regular clothing, you look amazing!!!I cant imagine strutting in that skimpy suit, OMG I would die! You look younger and honestly like a young girl going off to school is all I can think of, LOL So that should make you feel good!!!! I dont know how you can improve anything good grief! But if I know you, you are back at and fussing with some part that needs attention!!!! It was really fun watching you on this journey, I am so proud to know you! You are like my friend that competes she is such a nice person, she is taking time off to help some of the other girls, she said the dieting up and down for 10 years now is taking its toll, she turns 54 this year! She found some new trainer with a more consistent approach to diet she said she has one more competition in her then just help others.

I am pushing my trainer to do a show, she wants to but she is all scared, she is amazing too, I think she might do it and it will be cool to go and see her. Losing weight is one thing, but the determination and careful attention to detail and the workouts it is mind blowing what you put in, that is why you continue to be such an inspiration!
Amber, you've been incredibly supportive to me. This means so much ... you'll never know. Thank you for all these kind comments of encouragement.

You're the best.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #709

ack!
where do my long post go..

You rocked T!! Love the normal clothes shots!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
ack!
where do my long post go..

You rocked T!! Love the normal clothes shots!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #711
Senior LCF Member

Twyla,
I have to agree totally with the others..... You look ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!! It is truly inspiring to see someone set goals and go for them and accomplish them! I will never look like you, but I will use you as true inspiration for my journey of lower carb and weight training! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I know I wasn't around when you started the competition journey, but I am glad that I am here now. The pictures in the every day clothes are definite true inspiration.... To wear jeans like that with a wide belt..... (I am dreaming now, but....)
Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
Twyla,
I have to agree totally with the others..... You look ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!! It is truly inspiring to see someone set goals and go for them and accomplish them! I will never look like you, but I will use you as true inspiration for my journey of lower carb and weight training! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I know I wasn't around when you started the competition journey, but I am glad that I am here now. The pictures in the every day clothes are definite true inspiration.... To wear jeans like that with a wide belt..... (I am dreaming now, but....)
Kristi, I appreciate that very much. I will draw upon your morning kudos as an extra KICK in the butt that I need to snap back into focus. I've been struggling the last week with regaining control of my appetite and cravings. Coming off a competition diet is not an easy thing to do. One tends to want to make up for lost time, getting to finally eat things that were off limits before. It's more difficult than I EVER imagined that it would be. I'm using whatever means I have at my disposal to gather strength, resolve, focus, and discipline to regain control of my appetite and get my mind back to where it needs to be.

I'm glad that I can be an inspiration to you. Inspiration is a POWERFUL thing. We draw upon others' accomplishments to inspire us to realize our own, as it should be. I hope that I can be a continued source of inspiration and encouragement to you (and to others) as you begin seeing your own dreams come true. Yes, girl, you CAN wear your "dream jeans" and a wide belt. Make that happen. Visualize those jeans in your mind. Don't let go of what drives you.

Never let go of what you want most. Never let go.

I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm determined to make THIS day better than yesterday, and tomorrow better than today. Let's do it together.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #713

Okay. So. It's Monday morning. A new week. A new day. A new goal. A new start. A new perspective. A new mindset.

Don't blow it, T.

Your food has been packed, your menu is planned, your agenda for the day is set. You know what to do. This is FOR you, not anyone else. Not anyone else can do this for you. You do it because you want to do it, and you do it FOR YOU ALONE.

Now get your butt to the courtroom and get busy with your day. No looking back. Yesterday is over.

Rock today.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #714
Senior LCF Member

I have just printed this out to tape onto my desk as inspiration for myself! I already had a picture of some jeans and a belt... I need to plan my menu for the rest of the week, do you have any must haves that I need to get from the grocery store.

Thanks!
Kristi
Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #715

I'm glad that I can be an inspiration to you. Inspiration is a POWERFUL thing. We draw upon others' accomplishments to inspire us to realize our own, as it should be. I hope that I can be a continued source of inspiration and encouragement to you (and to others) as you begin seeing your own dreams come true. Yes, girl, you CAN wear your "dream jeans" and a wide belt. Make that happen. Visualize those jeans in your mind. Don't let go of what drives you.

T you always know the right things to say!!!! I know the honeymoon was a non stop eating and drinking fest but then I came home so it was easy, you had a lot of deprivation, but now its time to buckle down!!!! You know you can do it you have been through the worst part!!!!

Hope you had a good Monday!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #716

Quote:

T you always know the right things to say!!!! I know the honeymoon was a non stop eating and drinking fest but then I came home so it was easy, you had a lot of deprivation, but now its time to buckle down!!!! You know you can do it you have been through the worst part!!!!

Hope you had a good Monday!!!!

Amber, Kristi, and anyone else who pops in here...I'm not ignoring you or anyone else...but it's another one of those WILD N HECTIC Mondays at the office. In trial again this week, zero down time.

Thanks, Amber, for the reminder that it's time to buckle down. You KNOW IT!

I gotta get myself back to the place where I make WISE choices, not foolish ones. What matters most kind of thing.

And I will.

I'll be back when I have more time...hope to leave the office within minutes...then fight the traffic home in the commute. Ugh.

Cardio on tap for this evening. Stress relief!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/206.6/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/19/2014 @ 209.4
Wow Twyla.......I just read through your journey, and viewed all the pics you posted.......and my jaw is on the floor!!!!! What an incredible experience that competition/show must have been.

I agree with everyone on here; as I look at the pictures.......how did you NOT take 1st Place?!?!?!?

For your first competition, you placed incredibly well; you really make us all proud! You ARE an unbelievable inspiration to so many of us.

I want to thank you for your advice; I continue to hit the gym 5-6 days a week, for HIIT cardio and heavy weights. The only thing I may have been doing wrong, (after reading one of your posts), is that I like doing about 25-35 min of cardio, then heavy weights, then finish off with 10-15 min of some other type of cardio. But I see you suggest just a warm up at first, and then doing the bulk of cardio AFTER lifting. So I will plan to change my routine and follow your suggestion. (By the way, is there a reason for it, or is it just a preference?) Shows how much I know!!!!!!

I did finally break into Onederland for the first time in many years.........and I've held there now for three days straight, so I feel pretty confident that it was a solid loss.....YAY! But I am trying not to dwell on the scale too much, as I am feeling really good and I actually feel like I am shrinking, so I KNOW that I am losing inches........and that's GREAT! So I may not weigh myself now anymore, for a couple of weeks. Perhaps around thanksgiving, but not sooner.

Thank you again for everything you share with us. Your journey has been remarkable, and your dedication shines through with how fantastic you look! Keep up the great work, and we will try to work hard on our ends to show our support to all your efforts on this board.

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/16/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #718
Senior LCF Member

I know your not ignoring us. After a holiday on Friday, and my supervisor being on leave, it was pretty hectic today as well. I know you will be back to normal in a day or so...
You are too focused to do otherwise!!!
I had a good visit at the gym today. I did some weights (well machines..) and cardio. I did free weights when I got home. I am too embarrassed to do these at the gym right now. Do you have a good free weight routine? I did the elliptical and my legs are sore!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #719

Linda, you want to put all your effort/energy into lifting because that is what builds muscle and holds onto muscle, especially while dieting.

Cardio IF need be (45min a few times a week for a beginner is too much! ) is an adjunct to cals/diet. the more cardio you do, the more you will need to do. Think how efficient you will get and why you need more.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #720

T, I hope you get some downtime! :hug:

This week should be a diet break.. eating healthy and not measuring and NO training or cardio...........then ease back in.. (that is lbc way) Your body needs the mental and physical break.