LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- ughghg I hate eating low carb and working out it just doesn't work, but this week gotta keep at it, why can you do cardio but not lift and stuff on low carb? It's weird! When I get back I gotta decide what to do maybe 100 carbs and low fat again, I will lose slowly but I felt good and I need hard workouts, so frustrating!!!! My trainer was into the plyometrics again tonight and then lift, is she on drugs? Gosh I was wiped!! She gets mad when I'm not myself, LOL
Amber, the low fat, 100 carbs approach should be a good fit for you, throwing in a refeed now and then, and maybe 1 or 2 days a week of 50 or below carbs.

When you do really low carbs, those are the days you should eat a little more fat/calories, esp if you're doing lows more than a day or two. Load up on those good fats on those days. You still have plenty of room to eat a little more calories than you normally do, and it shouldn't have any adverse effects on your ongoing weight loss at this point. Work it, girl!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #632

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- if you are a smore lover Nature Valley makes granola thins the size of a single graham cracker and a light layer of dark chocolate, I got them and the kids prefer them now to graham crackers!

I am so excited about the spa, and hopefully the spa cuisine at the restaurant will be good for me, we sort of planned this for the detox from Vegas I am hitting the champagne on my wedding day!!! LOL I will take lots of pics they have 47 acres of wildlife preserve its all barren desert there. Undeveloped they said its really hard to find the place it sounds perfect!

I am so trying this week scale was up .5 but that is to be expected after the gym, so just keeping at it, better than 211 and whatever number I am I am going to be thrilled, its far further than I thought I would go!!!

That stinks about the furniture, if you lived here the Amish make the coolest Adirondack chairs for so inexpensive! I hate when I know exactly what I want nad cant find it! LOL

Keep on being T!!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #633

Our trial yesterday settled at mid afternoon. My judge has been on the bench long enough to know when one or both sides risk losing their *sses if it goes all the way to the jury, and he is good with talking sense into the parties and mediating with them. So I was able to leave work a tad earlier.

I went on the hunt for lawn furniture. Fruitless. Came home, prepared garlic cheese biscuits ..........for my sons (oh.my.how.diffcult.this.was.on.me. -- insert salivating smiley--), then I took a short power nap. It was then time for my next meal. I had some tilapia and spinach, tad bit of rice, then headed to the gym.

Spent the first 15 mins chatting with friends. I've gotten them hooked on Gaspari Myofusion (they didn't know what they were missing), and we were discussing recipes, etc. One of the ladies wanted to know what she could do to get her arms to look like mine. I showed her some things she could do. You would have thought I handed her the moon. I guess I take this stuff for granted and assume everyone just KNOWS what to do. It's gratifying to be able to help others. It's the least I can do for all the time and guidance that has been so patiently given to me over the last few years.

This whole week has bee constant feedback on my body comp, the leaning aspect. It's like all of a sudden my body has undergone a huge leaning effect. It's a foreign thing to me to experience this. Totally foreign. I look in the mirror and wonder ... is this me? Even my youngest son said to me last night as I was standing at the frig beside him, getting a drink of water, and he said to me, "Mom, look at all the hills/valleys in your shoulders and arms." He NEVER comments about anything. He's 13. He doesn't notice anything. But he's noticing.

THere's a part of me that's excited, and then there's a part of me that because this is new territory for me, I'm trying to know how to process this, embrace it, work it to my advantage.

My coach has been away for several days on a training seminar, and she's due back today. She said she wanted to measure me again when she returns. I'm taking the day to rest, so maybe we'll measure tomorrow. I'll be anxious to see what her feedback is and whether or not she changes up my diet and/or training. I'm only halfway through the prep. It's very daunting to me, this whole process.

My emotions run wild.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #634

Quote:
T- if you are a smore lover Nature Valley makes granola thins the size of a single graham cracker and a light layer of dark chocolate, I got them and the kids prefer them now to graham crackers!

I am so excited about the spa, and hopefully the spa cuisine at the restaurant will be good for me, we sort of planned this for the detox from Vegas I am hitting the champagne on my wedding day!!! LOL I will take lots of pics they have 47 acres of wildlife preserve its all barren desert there. Undeveloped they said its really hard to find the place it sounds perfect!

I am so trying this week scale was up .5 but that is to be expected after the gym, so just keeping at it, better than 211 and whatever number I am I am going to be thrilled, its far further than I thought I would go!!!

That stinks about the furniture, if you lived here the Amish make the coolest Adirondack chairs for so inexpensive! I hate when I know exactly what I want nad cant find it! LOL

Keep on being T!!!!!
I'll try those, Amber! Thanks for the tip.

The chairs....? How much? Just curious...
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #635

Well like natural ones are under $75, then there are painted ones, like bright colors, I like the natural stained ones!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:46 AM   #636

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
T, the knee brace doesnt do all that much. What i found out was that my pelvis is rotated, forward one side and back on the other, so it creates 'one leg slightly shorter' effect. The knee that aches, is the shorter one. I have learned to fiddle with my leg stance and that has helped somewhat.
COach has a lot of single leg work, thought it bothers me some, has strengthed areas, like you mention as well.
So , sometimes, the running, 'pounds' down on the shorter leg.. I just adjust.. kwim. I can still run some, sprints are ok if done HIIT/short amts..

way to go on the feedback all around. I know how that feels! I hope your progress thus far is enough to keep your foods where they are since you are progressing. TOo much downward adjustment, more cardio and it can lead to muscle loss.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 AM   #637

Amber, i've seen those grahams! Lately i've stopped buying any of those snacky type foods because the older two that are still home (19/17) both work and can/do buy what ever snacks they want and the 12yo doesnt need any temptations lol.. He's (sort) of trying to control what he eats but the one bite of the 'forbidden' gets him. Dont we all know how that goes!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #638

Eileen, yes I have to watch my son, he can really eat so I have to make sure he is not too snacky, Autumn my step daughter is a bone and needs fattened up she doesnt eat sweets, oh to not like sweets!!!!!!

T- I can imagine what an inspiration you are, like when I saw my trainer at the gym, I said who is that girl I want her arms, luckily she was a trainer! LOL You have worked so hard and come so far, and its great how you help and coach everyone along the way, imitation is the best form of flattery!!!!!

If your 13 year old is commenting you know you got it, kids are brutally honest and say what they think!!! Like when my son said he didnt think I was fat anymore just regular, LOL That was the best thing he could have said, LOL Its all about the divots!!! I am totally on the divot quest with the arms!!! And hip bones I want my hip bones to stick out after surgery! LOL

I got the myofusion too, I like the strawberry best which is surprising since I hate strawberry flavored milk, the BI is still my fav, I cant wait to pack all my powders for the trip, they will think I am smuggling coke, LOL I cant pack those big tubs I thought maybe some smaller tupperwares or something.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
T, the knee brace doesnt do all that much. What i found out was that my pelvis is rotated, forward one side and back on the other, so it creates 'one leg slightly shorter' effect. The knee that aches, is the shorter one. I have learned to fiddle with my leg stance and that has helped somewhat.
COach has a lot of single leg work, thought it bothers me some, has strengthed areas, like you mention as well.
So , sometimes, the running, 'pounds' down on the shorter leg.. I just adjust.. kwim. I can still run some, sprints are ok if done HIIT/short amts..

I see. I wouldn't worry about it, but rather do what feels right, what's most enjoyable.

way to go on the feedback all around. I know how that feels! I hope your progress thus far is enough to keep your foods where they are since you are progressing. TOo much downward adjustment, more cardio and it can lead to muscle loss.
Yes, agreed. And I doubt if that will be her plan in any event. I'm eating TONS of protein to help spare muscle as much as possible, also, along with BCAA's throughout the day. As I mentioned, I am eating moderate calories, most days never below 1650, some days 1800-1900. I'm just curious as to her feedback on the progress. I've even had a few things in addition to her plan as written (without her knowledge) and I'm still progressing with amazing stride. So I'm just curious about her reaction.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #640

Quote:
If your 13 year old is commenting you know you got it, kids are brutally honest and say what they think!!! Like when my son said he didnt think I was fat anymore

just regular

, LOL That was the best thing he could have said, LOL Its all about the divots!!! I am totally on the divot quest with the arms!!! ............

....... I cant wait to pack all my powders for the trip, they will think I am smuggling coke, LOL I cant pack those big tubs I thought maybe some smaller tupperwares or something.
Ooh, yes. Been there, have had the same thots! But I won't leave home without it!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #641

T- your trainer better look out when she reads your journal!! She is going to see how well you are doing man it all comes down to discipline and you are the queen!!!!
GOt hair done all these beauty appts before I leave are messing with the workout schedule, I hate having my schedule messed with, it gets me all off course, LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #642

Quote:
T- your trainer better look out when she reads your journal!! She is going to see how well you are doing man it all comes down to discipline and you are the queen!!!!
GOt hair done all these beauty appts before I leave are messing with the workout schedule, I hate having my schedule messed with, it gets me all off course, LOL
Thanks, Amber. I'm simply focused on my mission.

You have a very full plate in the days ahead. Try to take just a few minutes today to calm yourself and reflect on what is most meaningful to you in the choices you have made and will be making in the days ahead. Search deep into your heart and soul, be still, and listen for the music....love is the music of your soul.

I'm so happy for you, friend.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #643

Old 09-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #644

T- I am freaked out beyond belief, like it hit me how much there is to be done yet and the weekend is full, Hurricane Amber is gearing up! LOL I wish some of our calm could shoot through this computer! LOL

24 carbs yesterday, 1684 calories and I gain another pound, I swear I will never get below 200 its like I will never see it, that just ticked me off further! Ughghg

Today at work I am going to try to finish making huge lists, and then Sat after golf hit it. We have the fancy dinner Tony's friends are taking us out tonight, sort of a send off party from those not coming, I am stressed about that too! THe place we are going is a culinary school where the kids serve a 6 course dinner, they all know about my diet so I am going to stick to salad and beef, and maybe one glass of champagne and try to eat well, I cant mess myself up any further, I am sure all the stress isnt helping me this week either! Ughghg

Have a good weekend T, and buzz me some calm, LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 02:56 AM   #645

Quote:
T- I am freaked out beyond belief, like it hit me how much there is to be done yet and the weekend is full, Hurricane Amber is gearing up! LOL I wish some of our calm could shoot through this computer! LOL

24 carbs yesterday, 1684 calories and I gain another pound, I swear I will never get below 200 its like I will never see it, that just ticked me off further! Ughghg

Today at work I am going to try to finish making huge lists, and then Sat after golf hit it. We have the fancy dinner Tony's friends are taking us out tonight, sort of a send off party from those not coming, I am stressed about that too! THe place we are going is a culinary school where the kids serve a 6 course dinner, they all know about my diet so I am going to stick to salad and beef, and maybe one glass of champagne and try to eat well, I cant mess myself up any further, I am sure all the stress isnt helping me this week either! Ughghg

Have a good weekend T, and buzz me some calm, LOL
I just buzzed you some calm in your journal.

I'll say a little prayer for you today....you just need to relax and enjoy the show.

It's gonna be all right, girl. You're fine. Look at all you've accomplished, all you have to be thankful for....

Big breath....it's gonna be all right.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #646

I subscribe to devotionals that are delivered to my email, and I read them each morning to start my day as I have coffee.

How fitting that THIS one is for today:

Quote:

“...for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength)”
(2 Corinthians 12:10)

No matter what weakness you think you may have, no matter what inadequacies or setbacks you’ve encountered, God wants to give you His divine strength. He wants to make up the difference and put you further ahead than you ever thought possible.

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent and your income. Don’t just look at what you have in your hand; look at what Almighty God can do with it! You don’t have to figure it all out. All you have to do is put your trust in Him and let Him work because when you do, He will lead you and guide you into victory all the days of your life!

Heavenly Father, today I commit every area of my life to You.
I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf.
Use me for Your glory as I put my faith and hope in You in Jesus’ name.

Amen.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:41 AM   #647

T:
I wrote my whole wedding ceremony with lots of the scripture I wanted included, Corinthians is one of my favorite books of the Bible!

That was fitting!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #648

Busy weekend as usual, but it was rewarding.

My time is spent most days planned down almost to the minute with precision, an ongoing juggling act of Mom, Wife, Friend, Athlete, Sister... the list goes on. There is SO little down time. Thus, I am behind in keeping up with my journal, so I'll just have to fill in when I can.

(Some day I want someone to explain to me how people have time to watch TV...???)

Making this short and to the point until I have more time: I met with my coach on Saturday, and my measurements thrilled her beyond words. She reiterated again and again how I must be a genetic anomaly, that I can build muscle as easily as I do, esp for a woman, and with no "gear." Must explain why my son has enjoyed his weight lifting, strength building pursuits...HE GETS RESULTS. She had fashioned my lifting schedule with the hope of building lats, medial delts, upper abs, and cutting-firming everywhere else. Mission accomplished.

I gained one inch in my lats measurement from the last time we measured. WOOHOO. I gained 1/2 inch in my upper abs area (weighted abs are helping greatly with this!), and I've lost everywhere else, even though visually my delt caps are far more developed than they were (leaning does this, and strategic focus on lifting). From the first time we measured, I've lost FOUR inches in my hips measurement alone.

I'm rockin' my diet and my lifting, and she is BEYOND thrilled with my results. As am I.

Keep on keepin on, is the word. Nothing needs changed. My body loves what I'm doing, apparently. Lots of rotations with both diet and lifting and cardio has it sufficiently confused. At least for now. My weight fluctuates every day, but it keeps a downward trend on a weekly average.

I would like to think I could skip TOM this month (and next for sure), but I will deal with whatever I have to, to the best of my ability.

Gotta get going...time for morning cardio. And another week begins again.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #649

T-
Excellent news!!! 4" on your hips holy crap that is a lot of loss!!!! You are the picture of determination!!!! Glad things are going so well for you! You have lots to be proud of!

2 more days I am so excited!!!!!! Not sure how all this luggage is getting there but I figure its good lifting, LOL

Still 2 pounds away, but got 9 pounds of bloat off this week so I will take that! I will think of you when I get up and run the Vegas Strip in the morning!!!!

Have a great week!!!!

Amber
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #650

Quote:
T-

Excellent news!!! 4" on your hips holy crap that is a lot of loss!!!! You are the picture of determination!!!! Glad things are going so well for you! You have lots to be proud of!

2 more days I am so excited!!!!!! Not sure how all this luggage is getting there but I figure its good lifting, LOL

Still 2 pounds away, but got 9 pounds of bloat off this week so I will take that! I will think of you when I get up and run the Vegas Strip in the morning!!!!
Atta girl. I knew it would come off. And what's two pounds?
You will be a lovely, lovely bride!

So happy for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #651

awesome Amber!!!!!!!!

T, you're training is likely different working with her? Does she do your training program too? That might explain some muscle growth.. Perhaps you are one of those peeps with higher Testosterone levels as well. Mine is on the floor! thank you aging hormones
Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 AM   #652

Quote:

T, you're training is likely different working with her?

Yes, more intense; more focused splits.

Does she do your training program too?

Yes.

That might explain some muscle growth.. Perhaps you are one of those peeps with higher Testosterone levels as well. Mine is on the floor! thank you aging hormones
Possibly. This is what I've said all along all these years, the fact that I can put on muscle so easily is why I can't just lift power-heavy-duty 100% of the time on legs. I can take one look at a woman's legs and can tell if she has similar body type as me.

For instance, Amber? Her legs are small in comparison to the rest of her body (symmetry), and she would benefit from heavier lifting for lower body MOST of the time.

It's the cards we're dealt, kwim?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #653

My body decided to rebel furiously on Tuesday. I noticed it almost immediately as I tried doing my morning cardio. I knew something was terribly amiss. I was scheduled for a back workout later in the day, but as the morning wore on, I was convinced that I needed a rest and recovery day -- among other things. C A R B S

Listening to my body, and knowing it far more keenly than anyone, I decided to double the amount of carbs that I was "allowed" for my carb up day. I spread them out over the morning and up through about 2:00 p.m. I felt horrible most of the day, took an unplanned hour-long crash-n-burn nap, and forced myself to do some errands. Never have I felt so drained.

Thankfully around 4:30 my body began to respond favorably. I allowed it to ease itself back into "the land of the living," and continued to take it easy the rest of the day.

My reward was a fabulous morning run yesterday morning. I haven't had that decent of a run for quite a while. It felt wonderful. How I needed the rest, the fuel, the refilling. It certainly paid off. Interestingly, in protest, my weight had begun creeping up little by little for several days in a row before the rest and carb up. And although I didn't weigh the morning following the carb up, this morning I was back down 1.5 lbs. The reset accomplished, energy restored, I'm good to go again. Should have seen it coming.

Last night was back day at the gym, no followup cardio. Today will be arms & medial delts.

I will need to do some stretegic planning and food packing over the weekned to gear up for next week's seminar. I plan to pack sufficient protein in my cooler, boiled eggs, whey, casein, almonds. I'll take along my BodyLastic bands and I plan to do cardio in their fitness room in the mornings. Should work out fine.

Manicure scheduled for Monday morning. Keratin treatment scheduled for noon on Monday, just before I leave town and head north. Check.

Two football games to go to in the next few days. Autumn keeps me busy, even without the juggling of a prep. I'm managing. I'm doing this.

Posing practice scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to it.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #654

Giving thanks for these blessings.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #655

im so glad you know your body so well. What does your coach think when you do tweaks like that.

I know you will be well prepared!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #656

Quote:
im so glad you know your body so well. What does your coach think when you do tweaks like that.

I know you will be well prepared!
Thanks, Woman.

What does she think? I don't tell.

I trust her, and I follow her directions 99.9 percent of the time, both in diet and training. But there is that one percent that I have to TRUST myself, a lesson I've learned in the past few years. It's a trust that comes from knowing your body intimately from trial and error, from making mistakes and learning from them.

I respect her. But I also have to respect my body when it needs me to listen.

That last couple of weeks will be trying for me, because I will not tweak. I'll have to dig deep and plow through. But my training will be cut back at that time anyway, so it won't be as crucial.

Every challenge is a learning game. And with this mission, I'm still learning.

It's empowering. No doubt about it.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #657

I baked two loaves of pumpkin bread last night to take along with us for our dinner with Gavin's girlfriend's family after the game. I couldn't go empty-handed, so I thought that would be a nice "autumn" gesture, that and a bottle of ... what else ... ERGO.

Baking the pumpkin bread last night was NOT easy. It smelled absolutely delicious. Testing my resolve. I survived.

So. All set. I'm ready to watch some football....wanna see my son kick *ss on defense.

All my food is packed for the road trip today. Morning cardio awaits. No lifting today.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #658

enjoy the game T!

On LBF, we came up with a great muffin. Im sure you'll get lots of tweaks to it ..

myofusion (serving)
pre heat oven to 350

Oversize muffin tin sprayed with Pam

mix myofusion, 1/2tsp of baking powder, 3tb of water. Some have been using a smidge of SF pudding..
mix and pour
bake for about 10min..

These are really good! Even hubby loves them! Asked for Two of them yesterday.
These would likely travel well too (your trip) and its just protein so you can do carbies on the side.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Twyla - enjoy the road trip and you certainly sound prepared.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It really helps knowing that you have friends supporting your goals.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #660

Quote:
enjoy the game T!

On LBF, we came up with a great muffin. Im sure you'll get lots of tweaks to it ..

myofusion (serving)
pre heat oven to 350

Oversize muffin tin sprayed with Pam

mix myofusion, 1/2tsp of baking powder, 3tb of water. Some have been using a smidge of SF pudding..
mix and pour
bake for about 10min..

These are really good! Even hubby loves them! Asked for Two of them yesterday.
These would likely travel well too (your trip) and its just protein so you can do carbies on the side.
WOMAN, I LOVE YA!

Tried these TODAY, right before I left for the gym (been playing beat the clock all day), and you're right -- amazing! These are going WITH ME tomorrow when I leave town. I made them in mini muffin tins because I couldn't find my jumbo tins at the moment. So 3 scoops made 16 mini muffins. I did what you said, except added some cinnamon to the recipe. WONDERFUL! Surprisingly moist too!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!