Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
T doing awesome!

Hang in there!
I hear ya on the fatigue and refeed not lasting. Coach tended to suggest refeed go on a leg day, which was usually, hardest and draining.

Im glad you figured out what you needed.. The feedback your getting is awesome!

I often use cream of rice/or oat bran, in 2.25c of water (stove top) to help fill me up pwo
OR
even in place of meals that i have rice.. so filling.. feels like comfort food.

that sounds yum.. boiling just for flavor? .. some 'coaches' insist their clients ONLY eat boiled chicken..
Havent had that sauce but im like you, i try to stretch..

You'll love this. One of Erik's clients stretches her pb.. adding water and stirring. My kind of gal!
Ileen, the boiling the chicken thing, it began a couple of years ago actually. A juror during one of our trials had brought in some homemade chicken salad for lunch and asked me to try it, claiming it was the best CS he's ever eaten. He was right. It was DELISH. I asked him how he did it, and he said the secret is boiling the chicken on a slow boil with fresh garlic.

So I began doing that, not just for chicken salad, but just because it really flavors and tenderizes the chicken, plus it's one of the healthiest, lowest fat ways to eat chicken. Win/win. I put fresh garlic and rosemary, salt & pepper, and slow boil the breasts till tender. Let cool, them shred them, and prepare or eat as is.

The sauce? Yes, you MUST try it. I read the reviews and gave it a go, and now I have everyone at the gym hooked on this stuff.

Stretching the PB? Haven't tried that, but I can see how that would work. I can make 1/2 tsp of PB last a while, just little nibbles ... ...

With the BBQ sauce, even though it's very low in cals and carbs, etc., you can make it last longer by leaving some of the chicken broth in the pan from boiling the chicken, then stirring in just enuf sauce to completely cover all the shredded chicken. Kind of turns out light orange, subtle BBQ flavor, and much better than just plain boring chicken.

It can be added to chicken in the crockpot too; or used for dipping. Must try it!

And yes, oats are my standard FILL ME UP, PLEASE clean food. They balance me out like NO OTHER carb. Just love em. Haven't tried the cream of rice or oat bran. Just love my oats. Haven't made steel cut in a while. Must do that and Keep them stored in frig for convenience for higher days.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- I have 3 jars of that BBQ sauce it is good, the Jok N Al stuff is really good too, they have a chili sauce that is sooo good!!!!!

OMG I never thought of stretching a serving of PB, LOL

Why boiled versus grilled? At least grilling all the stuff comes out, man I get sick of chicken,
Amber,

I do chicken all sorts of ways....grilled, crockpot, boiled/shredded, even keep canned chicken at my office for emergencies or take on the road when I'm out of everything else. Boiling it and shredding it, you can keep it in tupperware and it's easy to measure out your servings to take along with you. So tender and moist and yummy that way, boiling it in fresh garlic and rosemary.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #603

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible,
then they seem improbable,
and then,
when we summon the will,
they soon become inevitable.”

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-22-2011 at 05:16 PM..
Old 09-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #604

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
T- are you eating FF mayo these days or regular? I have not made Chicken salad in a while, on the list to boil some breasts this week then I can make tacos or something for Bobby too, he loves chicken tacos, LOL

Funny I only boil chicken breasts with bones, it is cheaper to get the split breasts anyways, might have to add that to the mix!

Did my run, had a freaking breakdown, I was like why did I commit to this race I am getting so frustrated with the running, but then I calmed down and said well it will be broken up, I can only do what I can, I am going to try my best, and I only have myself to please, so I will do what I can!

I still cant get my running mojo I am so sore all the time from the lifting, and that is what I love, and I don't mind other types of cardio, so I will push for this race and see what happens, the obstacles are appealing, of course my weight is up higher carbs yesterday I know why, and I swear my thighs are like getting beastly, I gotta lay off the leg presses and lower the weights or something! I did the full 5K tonight, running and walking, I was beat it is humid as heck here today!Bobby ran the whole thing I was so proud of him, he is like Mom you cant be walking, LOL

But I bought two more pairs of boots, so I was happy, and I cleaned out another area of my closet and now all my workout clothes are so organized all hung neatly! Went shopping and now have some more new dresses for work that fit! I am loving cleaning out my closets, I found the sweatshirt Tony got me my B-day we went to Myrtle Beach and it was the first time he said he loved me, its a 3x but I cant part with that!!! But boy it was fun to try it on and swim in it!!!!

So I am still pushing still delusional about getting under 200 I swear I feel like it will never happen, but I gotta just keep plugging!

Have a good weekend T!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #605

Quote:
T- are you eating FF mayo these days or regular? I have not made Chicken salad in a while, on the list to boil some breasts this week then I can make tacos or something for Bobby too, he loves chicken tacos, LOL

f a t ... f r e e... m a y o?

Funny I only boil chicken breasts with bones, it is cheaper to get the split breasts anyways, might have to add that to the mix!

Agreed, cheaper that way.

.... but then I calmed down and said well it will be broken up, I can only do what I can, I am going to try my best, and I only have myself to please, so I will do what I can!....I still cant get my running mojo .......

Amber, I've mentioned this before, but for newbie runners, it really is crucial that you learn how to pace yourself and listen to your breathing, relax your shoulders, your arms, and stop focusing on the clock...the focus should be on YOUR BODY...if you begin really slowly, building up incrementally as you go, your body will gradually come around and your endurance will improve dramatically. Are you doing this? I keep seeing references to "beating your last time." That's a good goal, but if it's endurance that's messing with you right now, you need to address that first.

Oh.....and by the way....take another look at the "billboard" quote I placed in my last post...the MIND is a powerful motivator. It's what keeps the FIRE LIT.

of course my weight is up higher carbs yesterday I know why, and I swear my thighs are like getting beastly, I gotta lay off the leg presses and lower the weights or something! I did the full 5K tonight, running and walking, I was beat it is humid as heck here today!Bobby ran the whole thing I was so proud of him, he is like Mom you cant be walking, LOL

Do you always push the weight heavy? If so, try mixing it up and doing higher reps, lower weight for a while, then switch it back to one day of heavy. When you do higher reps, increase the volume, wear em out, burn em out, it becomes a metabolic workout as well, win/win.

But I bought two more pairs of boots, so I was happy, and I cleaned out another area of my closet and now all my workout clothes are so organized all hung neatly! Went shopping and now have some more new dresses for work that fit! I am loving cleaning out my closets, I found the sweatshirt Tony got me my B-day we went to Myrtle Beach and it was the first time he said he loved me, its a 3x but I cant part with that!!! But boy it was fun to try it on and swim in it!!!!

Shopping can be motivational for us, huh? good for you. Speaking of closets, OMG...mine is a mess. I get it nice and clean and organized, and only days later it's trashed again. I toss stuff around in haste and it becomes one fine mess.

So I am still pushing still delusional about getting under 200 I swear I feel like it will never happen, but I gotta just keep plugging!
Amber, you speak of a number. REALLY?

Have you looked in the mirror lately? Excuse me, but I believe you've been shopping recently, and you've tried on new sizes, NEW TERRITORY, RIGHT? Is that fulfilling? Yes? You are losing inches, your body is building muscle and you're RESHAPING your body, which is a heck of a lot more important than watching a number on a scale. Look at the mirror. THAT is your focus. It is far kinder and far more rewarding to your resolve than a number. Just a reminder...we all need those now and then.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-23-2011 at 04:49 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 04:53 AM   #606

I'm jacked. I'm taking a vacation day today. I plan to get some things accomplished around the house, train, practice posing, give my dog a bath, listen to some good jazz, and generally celebrate life.

Thank you, God, for so many blessings I take for granted.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #607

Oh T enjoy your day it is totally rainy here a good day to be home doing chores and relaxing, but alas work calls!

OMG my closets are such a mess, I cant tell you how amazing it is that I have one almost finished, I have 3 huge closets filed to the gills, when Tony moved in I gave him 46 inches, and now I am taking that over, it is going to be really easy though since now nothing fits!!! LOL

I know about the scale, know it in my head, in my heart I want it to move, but like I said I enjoy the lifting and I know I am getting smaller, hello boots, and skinny jeans!!!!!I want it all now T, I want it all and now, I have zero patience, LOL I want my skin hacked, I want to be 170 and wearing a size 10, and running a 5 k in 25 minutes LOL All by tomorrow, LOL

You are so right about the running, I was doing well with the C25K, and I am going back to like week 4 and just starting over, except I will run/walk a full 3 miles so I at least get that whole distance in, instead of running til I drop then walking then running, the C25K works, and I have 6 weeks, so weeks 4-9 should be perfect and it will be you are so right I am getting no where with my endurance just wearing myself out and getting nowhere! I know what works, why I try to find other ways around stuff is beyond me, just like this carb cycling is working, so I gotta stick with that, and not get all crazy it is so hard to not to not get crazy, am I going to be at 198 by the wedding probably no, but who cares, about 3 pounds in the grand scheme of 149 pounds, LOL

My old college roommate just wrote me I sent her a pic of me and she said Amber, I cant believe that is you, how you struggled, she said more amazing is I know the work you did on you inside to make that transformation, and it is true, everything had to change, her email really made my day!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #608

"Dreams are illustrations...
from the book your soul is writing about you.”

~Marsha Norman

Yesterday was paradise for me, having taken the day off from work, and having quiet ME time, rest time, recharge time, whatever time. I did nothing exciting, but I felt like I had been away on a relaxing trip somewhere, just to be able to relax, get extra rest, and not be in such a hurry to be somewhere and do something every passing minute.

I was able to clean and decorate for fall...while soft jazz played in the background. I lit candles all around the house. It smelled wonderful and made me feel calm and happy from inside out.

After having coffee and waking up, I began the day with my morning cardio -- elliptical, jogging and power walking combo for 52 total minutes. Then I came back, prepared my first meal and ate it at leisure. Then began to straighten, vacuum, clean, decorate. How I love the colors, the textures, the warm comforting hues of autumn. Gourds of all sizes and colors and shape, one giant one -- about the size of a beach ball -- all dried and preserved, were strategically displayed among the fall floral and leaves displays. How can one woman "get off" on this stuff as much as I do?

I then headed to the gym for back day, lat emphasis. When I got there, there was only one other woman there, somone I've recently befriended. We share a few things in common. She was finishing up her workout as I was beginning mine, and she stopped to chat with me briefly. I then had the whole gym to myself, with the exception of T, one of the two owner/trainers. He enjoys lifting with my middle son when he's home; they are at about the same level lifting wise, and he's told me that Gavin challenges him and vice versa. It's always fun watching those "big dudes" push the iron around with intensity. I've always admired his discipline and knowledge, and he "wears it well."

After eating his scheduled meal (chicken and veggies and rice -- he's competing soon too), he helped me with some new lat exercise machines, one I'd tried only once before, the other never. Loved the contraction, the focus on that part of the musculature, feeling it where I needed to feel it. He then helped me nail down my lat posing a little better. I finished up and thanked him for helping me, made some notes in my workout journal, and headed home for a shower. (No cardio following back training).

Prepared dinner for my son, talking with him a bit when he got home from school. He'd gotten his braces on this week, and we discussed how that was coming along, having a mouth full of metal. I got dressed in my new jeans, a black tank, wearing my tallest heels (gotta get the practice), and bold silver streamline jewelry. It's my favorite "uniform," jeans and a black tank. Assessing myself in the mirror, I was pleased at the results that have continued to present themselves each week from my prep and training.

My body went through about 10-12 days where it resisted a bit on the scale, even though I was dropping inches. I'm back to a phase where the scale has begun moving steadily down again each week. Honestly, as hard as I've worked to try to get off the last 10 for the last two years, I had my doubts, entering into this prep, that I'd ever be able to get it off in time for the contest, and KEEP it off for more than a few days at a time, having a history of being so resistant. Apparently the training adjustments combined with the prep diet have made a big difference. I'm at my lowest weight that I have been since "one day" in 2006. I remember it clearly. I weighed that day what I weigh this morning, and it lasted for a day if I remember correctly.

I have no idea what my competition weight will be. I have an idea, but no MAGIC number in mind. I'll let my body and the mirror help to dictate that in the weeks ahead. Right now my focus is more on body recomp, improving the definition in my back and medial delts, and stripping and firming the quads and glutes. It's easy to see why they call it "body sculpting." This has been a fascinating, motivating challenge for me, a learning process and a sense of accomplishment that I never thought I was capable of. So.Very.Cool.

We went out to dinner last night with friends, and I ordered blackened tilapia with grilled zucchini and fresh grilled grean beans, ice water with lemon. All on plan, all amazingly delicious. I had a scoop of chocolate casein with decaf green tea right before bed, as "dessert." I always look forward to that fix.

All in all, a fabulous day.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #609

T- you had what I call a mental health day, a day to do what makes you happy, man they are so needed!!!! Sounds like a great day I always calm down when I read your posts with such descriptions!

Congrats on your new low,the scale is such a bugger and those rare days when it surprises us it is the best feeling like all the hard work is so worth it!

How old is your son with the braces? The dentist said Bobby is going to need them he is 11 though and only lost 6 teeth, LOL He said he will be driving with baby teeth, LOL My 5 year old niece has lost more than him, LOL

Dinner sounds lovely,it is always better when someone else cooks, like even though its on plan stuff to me when I don't have to cook it and clean up it is soooo much better!!!!

T you work so hard, and do so much I am glad you had a great day to pamper yourself and prepare for more hard work ahead, you are going to be fabulous!!!!!

Hope the rest of your weekend is just as good!!!!!

Amber
Old 09-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #610

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
woohoo T, what an awesome relaxing day!! You really needed that! Hope those charged batteries carry you further along.. I think we all need 4 day work weeks , dont ya think!

Try making that scoop of casein into a soft serve ice cream. That is my favorite thing to do at the end of the day with my greek yog (i could use casein as well)
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #611

Quote:

"I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long.
If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time.”

~Calvin & Hobbes

Saturday was cardio in a.m. only, basically a rest day, having spent the rest of the day driving to PA for my son's football game, dinner out with him, then driving home, getting home late. Makes it tough when prepping...does something to my energy levels.

My workout today (medial lats) at the gym was so-so. Low on energy. I need carbs.

It's time to eat.

Then time to prepare my meals for the week.

The weekend winds down to a close.

Time marches on...
Old 09-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #612

is this a lower carb day, higher tmo?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #613

Oh T- I need smacked upside the head royally!!! This whole weekend was one eating disaster after another I saw myself on the downward spiral, 10 days til we leave for Vegas and I royally blow it, like bad!!

So tomorrow and all week its VLC and I will be spent for the workouts but oh well I did it and now need to make it up, ughghgghg I hate when I do this to myself,

Boiling eggs and chicken as I type
Old 09-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #614

Quote:
is this a lower carb day, higher tmo?
Ileen, Sunday was scheduled to be a low day, Monday a high, but I decided it was time for carbs pronto. I made it into a high day, and ate close to maintenance in calories. I wanted to give my metabolism a hearty boost. My butt was dragging all day, from the time I got home from church throughout the rest of the day.

I felt pretty good when I got up Sunday morning. I did 35 mins of fasted cardio, with about 10 mins worth of that doing HIIT intervals. I wonder if that had any bearing on my energy levels throughout the day, it having been the third day on low carb?

I went from having a FANTASTIC day on Friday to a crappy day on Sunday, physically/mentally. I guess my body just "hit the wall," and it was time for a recharge. Funny how it sneaks up on us that way.

I'm gonna back it down to low carbs today and resume plan. See how it goes.

How is Ileen? Is life being good to you, woman?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #615

Quote:
Oh T- I need smacked upside the head royally!!! This whole weekend was one eating disaster after another I saw myself on the downward spiral, 10 days til we leave for Vegas and I royally blow it, like bad!!

So tomorrow and all week its VLC and I will be spent for the workouts but oh well I did it and now need to make it up, ughghgghg I hate when I do this to myself,

Boiling eggs and chicken as I type
Oh, Amber...how I know what you're going through. I've done those "self-imposed screwups" far too many times, and it's so mentally defeating. I get really pissed at myself when I've done that. So I know how you feel. It happens.

Best thing to do is shake it off and just dig deep as you return to plan and adherence. The first 24 hrs of that is hell, but it's only temporary. It may do your body a "little" good in the whole scheme of things. It screws with your mental resolve, but it actually resets your CNS a bit and your body may well respond very favorably in the days following this week, after you make it through the first 24-36 hrs of the bloated yuck feeling.

Hang in there. Gather things, thoughts, people, images, whatever it takes, to put you in a positive frame of mind that will galvanize your resolve and accountabililty. Seek out things that make you smile today. Surround yourself with positive things and positive people. Focus on how you're gonna feel by Wednesday and the days following. Realize it's a lesson that you learn from.

We can't be perfect. But we CAN be persistent in our determination. Remember, when knocked down, don't just lie there. Get up and stay in the fight. Keep swinging. You.Can.Do.It.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:52 AM   #616

Thanks, T!!! Nothing but VLC is passing these lips and my trainer will kill me tonight and hopefully some of this bloat will come off, in a way maybe it was good, I saw that I blew up cause it might help me stay in control in Vegas, 4 days there before the wedding I can see me blowing out my wedding dress that just got taken in, LOL

I thought I was better with the self sabotage, but obviously that needs work!!!

I was 201.8 last Monday and so determined all week, Tony was right there, and this morning 211, OMG!!! 10 pounds of bloat? There is no way I ate 35,000 calories so I am hoping the humidity and carbs did that, I cant even move my diamond ring and normally its falling off, ughghg I am so disgusted!!!!

Have a good week T!!!!! You're the best!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-26-2011 at 02:55 AM..
Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 AM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Ileen, Sunday was scheduled to be a low day, Monday a high, but I decided it was time for carbs pronto. I made it into a high day, and ate close to maintenance in calories. I wanted to give my metabolism a hearty boost. My butt was dragging all day, from the time I got home from church throughout the rest of the day.

I felt pretty good when I got up Sunday morning. I did 35 mins of fasted cardio, with about 10 mins worth of that doing HIIT intervals. I wonder if that had any bearing on my energy levels throughout the day, it having been the third day on low carb?

I went from having a FANTASTIC day on Friday to a crappy day on Sunday, physically/mentally. I guess my body just "hit the wall," and it was time for a recharge. Funny how it sneaks up on us that way.

I'm gonna back it down to low carbs today and resume plan. See how it goes.

You will ocassionally hit the wall. I find intervals where me out.. I have one day that is fasted cardio (intervals, then ss) hits my cns and im tired. Going into it, i think we need to tweak my leg day again, cause they feel like lead!

I dont have any LC days. My training day and off day are pretty much the same other than one less carb meal. Still have 6 meals and dont think coach is going ot change that.

Im glad you threw in a high carb day sooner than later but you might find that even that isnt enough and likely to get worse as they tag on even more cardio (you do a lot already) and lower your cals.

Quote:
How is Ileen? Is life being good to you, woman?
Im doing ok. trying to be patient finishing up the last of this cut. with no deadline etc, we are cutting cals or jacking up my cardio. So Slow and patient is the game here.. Im ready for maintenance .
Other than that, life is good.

Quote:
Thanks, T!!! Nothing but VLC is passing these lips and my trainer will kill me tonight and hopefully some of this bloat will come off, in a way maybe it was good, I saw that I blew up cause it might help me stay in control in Vegas, 4 days there before the wedding I can see me blowing out my wedding dress that just got taken in, LOL

I thought I was better with the self sabotage, but obviously that needs work!!!

I was 201.8 last Monday and so determined all week, Tony was right there, and this morning 211, OMG!!! 10 pounds of bloat? There is no way I ate 35,000 calories so I am hoping the humidity and carbs did that, I cant even move my diamond ring and normally its falling off, ughghg I am so disgusted!!!!

Have a good week T!!!!! You're the best!
Amber, just as T said, back on the horse. Remember when you have an off plan meal, it doesnt have to turn into a whole day, days or weekend..

Its just water/bloat, it will come off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Ledin/lean bodies consulting
ked this little write up by Christian Thibaudeau:

Your diet is going great. You've been solid for close to two weeks, and the results are starting to show. However, you're beginning to get cravings for donuts and cakes and cakes made out of donuts.

You do your best to maintain your composure, but you finally give in and eat two Krispy Kreams.

You choked. The ball was dropped.

So, how do you react? Do you go back on your diet as soon as possible? No! You continue to stuff your face with everything that doesn't fight back.

After all, since you've blown your diet, you might as well go hog wild and start again tomorrow on solid ground.

Big mistake. If you got a flat tire, would you go spike the three others with your trusty pocket knife? God, I hope you aren't that dumb!

Well, continuing to pile on the junk after one cheat is about as smart.

While I'm never proud of clients who give in to temptation, a small, isolated culinary incident won't completely ruin your efforts. At worst, it'll put you back a day or two.

But if you turn that one nutritional brain fart into an all-out feast, you're going to put a huge dent in your progress. After such a binge, it'll take you around two days just to get back into an optimal fat burning mode. And I'm not even talking about the fat gain from the binge itself. A big food fest can set you back one or even two weeks!

Unplanned cheats are like a flat tire: You don't want them, but they might happen (even to the strongest of wills). Just limit the damage by going right back to your regular plan.

Last edited by inatic; 09-26-2011 at 03:41 AM..
Old 09-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #618

Ileen, great advice given to Amber...those numbers can be rather alarming at first, but we all know it's mostly water. Best thing to do is stay off the scale for a few days, IMO, and just drink tons of water and get back to plan. Going LC for a few days helps too.

Hoping your cut continues to go well for you. You're right about HIIT being exhausting. It is for me too, and before the prep diet, it was easier to incorporate HIIT into my workouts. But I find that I don't have the energy I normally have, and that may be why it wiped me out so bad on Sunday. The carbs did me some good. I know my body well enough to know when I am in need of more carbs. It's amazing how even a little goes a long way, if it's the right choice of carbs particularly.

I have to say that there is a sense of pride that I have about having avoided even a TASTE of bad-choices. I chalk that up to the focus and desire that burns within me to make this happen, to be my personal best going into this. And the thing is, I actually feel very balanced nutrition wise. Yes, I get low on energy sometimes from getting depleted now and then, but as far as balance and the kind of results I'm getting, I'm encouraged and inspired by it.

As I was entering the gym last night right after getting home from work, the young man at the desk said, "Wow, Twyla, you're looking fierce. Look at the cut and vascularity in your arms, and you're just STANDING there doing nothing." Sometimes it surprises me, seeing these changes take place. I've never been this lean before; I never thought I could be.

Getting ready for work each morning is a bit challenging. I no longer have anything that fits, and yet I want to look polished and tailored when in court. I don't want to buy clothes right now either. I may opt for a dress today with a cardigan over it. Gonna wait this out and see where it goes.

We're in trial this week, and I won't be making it to the gym until later in the evening all week. I'll need to plan my evenings with precision in order to get my meals in and things packed for the next day to make it as hassle-free as possible.

I feel rather good this morning energy wise. My body rebounded nicely from the carbs.

My journey continues...

Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #619

T- no kidding you should be proud it is soooo hard to constantly resist temptation it is a tough mental journey you are on as well, lets face it we are surrounded by food and having that sheer grit day in and day out is one tough nut to crack!!!! You are so doing it!
Man when someone says how ripped you are just standing there, that is a huge compliment!!!!

Don't ge tme started about clothing, I know how it is when nothing fits! But wait a bit cause I know you, you will be even more ripped in a few weeks!

I am getting a job in Vegas at the carnival, I was 211.8 yesterday, 204.4 this morning, where does that much fluid go? WTH? I don't care I weighed myself like 20 times it was my Gram's water pill I take only in emergency and this was one, I better take one the night before the wedding, LOL

The workout suffered a little but low carb all week, I am going to try really hard to see 198 before I leave, running tonight, I feel the LC headache coming on, but I have to deal with it!!!!

Thank you girls for your support!!! I really need it this week!!!!

T- keep on being you!!!!! I totally believe in you!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 AM   #620

Day 3 of our trial. I've managed to somehow balance everything while still getting in my meals and my workouts, my meal planning, etc. I even had time to sit outside last night on our beautiful new stone patio that my husband so expertly created and have some wind-down time. I think I could have just slept there all night. It was peaceful sitting outside, listening to the night sounds on the pleasant, crisp fall evening.

I slept pretty well last night, evidenced by my waking to an annoying sound...what IS that? Oh. That's my alarm.

Yesterday was back day at the gym, today will be arms & shoulders. Tomorrow is my son's football game, so I'll take a rest day and resume on Friday.

Going for a run this morning...only minutes away...

Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 AM   #621

T- I got my butt moving, I did 2 miles last night, didnt sound as lovely as your run, LOL I wish I could embrace it more, but I got new sneeks, and oh my I ran well!!!! Bobby died on me!!!

So your patio is all finished up now? It was looking good when you posted pics!!! It is still warm here and a cold front moving in and more rain for the weekend! I have a golf tournament on Sat, and I have not played much its for the church so its usually low key!

Have a great week, tell son good luck at his game!!!!

Amber
Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #622

my body has been betraying me on outdoor runs lately too Amber... Legs are just dead. Coach has reduced leg volume this week, i'll see how i do today IF i choose and outdoor run over the deathmill (stair monster) and that, pending IF i get called into sub.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #623

Ileen- running is tough, one thing I notice is when I try to run after a workout at the gym it never works!!! Yesterday was VLC but that was all I did, no gym, and it was OK, running is one of those things, good days and bad days. When my legs are tired the next day from a heavy leg workout they just don't move!!!
I think my thighs are getting too bulky as is, I am laying off some of the leg presses and stuff at the gym, the last thing I need is more bulk, LOL

Here is a funny story for you guys! I really wanted a wedding picture with Tony holding me in the desert, well with his knee surgery he doesn't think he can do it, so the other night, I lifted him and carried him through the kitchen, LOL All 6'3 of him, I think he was mad I could actually do it, LOL He was like how bad is that-that my GF can carry me, LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #624

Quote:
T- I got my butt moving, I did 2 miles last night, didnt sound as lovely as your run, LOL I wish I could embrace it more, but I got new sneeks, and oh my I ran well!!!! Bobby died on me!!!

So your patio is all finished up now? It was looking good when you posted pics!!! It is still warm here and a cold front moving in and more rain for the weekend! I have a golf tournament on Sat, and I have not played much its for the church so its usually low key!

Have a great week, tell son good luck at his game!!!!

Amber
Amber, congrats on that two-miler! You CAN and WILL embrace it...all in time, my child.

Yes, the patio stone is laid, and the finishing touches are being applied. It's almost completely finished. My husband is gifted with natural talent in masonry, and as an artist with an eye for composition, he appreciates the delicate balance required for both design and placement of stone to make it most pleasing to the eye. He's also an electrician, and has run wiring for music and lighting, installing patio lighting on the corners and a louvered stair light on the newly laid stone steps that have replaced the old wooden ones leading up to the screened back porch. He has tilled and built up beds on the corners of the patio, and we plan to plant shrubs and colorful grasses around the circumference in those beds. Honestly, I'm just THRILLED to death to have this new sanctuary of ambience right out my back door, and so very proud of his efforts and hard work. That's A LOT OF STONE!

I've been looking for the perfect set of patio chairs. I want something a bit on the unusual side, sturdy, quality, comfortable. I have my eye on a few things. I'll need to find room in the budget

Those leg days at the gym are indeed the most draining, and those are the days we need the extra carbs the most. I wouldn't DREAM of trying to run following a leg workout. Just makes no sense. Those new shoes may have done you some good, you know. Keeping low carb to mitigate your damages, from last weekend, you may find that you'll need a few extra calories (and fat) to keep you fueled and your metabolism primed. You'll know.

Good luck with that golf tournament...I'm no golfer, but I admire those who are.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #625

Quote:
my body has been betraying me on outdoor runs lately too Amber... Legs are just dead. Coach has reduced leg volume this week, i'll see how i do today IF i choose and outdoor run over the deathmill (stair monster) and that, pending IF i get called into sub.
So that coach of yours is wearing you out, huh?

My worst leg day (I have two) are the "heavy" days, but both are very taxing on me, as you point out. I can tell ya one thing, I'd take running over the DEATHMILL any day of the week. Besides, there's just something about being outside during cardio that makes it far more enjoyable. Give me a natural canvas of moonlight and stars and crisp air, and that alone is an extra boost to my adrenalin. Kwim?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #626

T- I sell lighting to electricians, LOL There is some fabulous stuff out there for decks and such!!! It sounds lovely!!!! I know you were really anxious to have it completed and Fall is a great time to sit out with your fire pit!!!! But then I think of smores, LOL
Well with the end of summer maybe some furniture will be on sale, we got a new grill at Lowes and it was deeply discounted, they had some beautiful patio furniture at 70% off!

I cannot run on the treadmill at all, I feel like I am going to fly right off, I do prefer running outdoors, we have these really unusual ducks at the Lake I forget what they are called, but very rare and very ugly but yesterday the mama had 5 little ducklings, OMG they were so cute, that might have kept me going knowing I was going to see them every time I made a lap, I like that the path is .5 miles, so only 6 to count 3 miles, I ran two miles and walked the last mile, I much prefer that cause it is all up and down hills, and I lose count at the track counting to 12, LOL

Aside from all my complaining it is like anything else the more you do it the easier it becomes!

Did you ever hear of Qi Gong? Some kind of meditative breathing and stuff? I made our spa appts in Palm Desert and every morning they have a Qi Gong class and yoga and running trails and a gym membership so no excuse to not exercise and keep running, they say there is wildlife all over the trails, so that will be neat, I love the desert so much, I am so anxious to get there now!

I was thinking about martial arts, I am so high strung I thought something like that might be good for me, maybe will look into later, see how I do with breathing!LOL

Tony doesn't know it but since Palm Desert is all non smoking I am going to try to dry out there on the honeymoon, LOL Look out I could be a royal PIA, but I am like I have to do it and what better place than at a spa with all that nature, mineral waters, running trails!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #627

prefer the natural canvas! just cant handle running a lot.. dumb knee!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #628

T- ughghg I hate eating low carb and working out it just doesn't work, but this week gotta keep at it, why can you do cardio but not lift and stuff on low carb? It's weird! When I get back I gotta decide what to do maybe 100 carbs and low fat again, I will lose slowly but I felt good and I need hard workouts, so frustrating!!!! My trainer was into the plyometrics again tonight and then lift, is she on drugs? Gosh I was wiped!! She gets mad when I'm not myself, LOL
Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #629

Quote:
T- I sell lighting to electricians, LOL There is some fabulous stuff out there for decks and such!!! It sounds lovely!!!! I know you were really anxious to have it completed and Fall is a great time to sit out with your fire pit!!!! But then I think of smores, LOL

Amber, I've been looking locally, but I guess I waited too late, no furniture bargains to be found. But I've found some online. Kind of leaning toward Adirondak chairs. Love that look. And speaking of S'mores, did ya know that they're not all that evil, esp if you're doing rotations? They're actually low in fat, and if you use dark chocolate they're even healthier. I remember back when I was doing TKD and having refeeds once a week, I sometimes would have a smore (nuker style) as part of my carb up...BECAUSE I LOVE EM!

I cannot run on the treadmill at all, I feel like I am going to fly right off, I do prefer running outdoors, we have these really unusual ducks at the Lake I forget what they are called, but very rare and very ugly but yesterday the mama had 5 little ducklings, OMG they were so cute, that might have kept me going knowing I was going to see them every time I made a lap, I like that the path is .5 miles, so only 6 to count 3 miles, I ran two miles and walked the last mile, I much prefer that cause it is all up and down hills, and I lose count at the track counting to 12, LOL

I can run on the TM, but don't enjoy it. Ugly ducks and lakes and wind in my face, and ... (fill in the blank) is far better. Are even the babies "ugly" or just mamma?

Did you ever hear of Qi Gong? Some kind of meditative breathing and stuff? I made our spa appts in Palm Desert and every morning they have a Qi Gong class and yoga and running trails and a gym membership so no excuse to not exercise and keep running, they say there is wildlife all over the trails, so that will be neat, I love the desert so much, I am so anxious to get there now!

That spa appt sounds lovely, woman! I'm a desert lover too...hiked Sabino Canyon on an all-dayer once with my husband and friends. Beautiful! It's a whole different kind of beauty out there! And the people in AZ are so nice/friendly. I loved it out west. They being so health-conscious, that's a good time to try to give up the smoking, if it doesn't make you irritable on your honeymoon. Take along lots of SF gum. Have you tried the Extra's Apple Pie SF gum? It's my go-to when I'm hungry or craving something sweet. It's my favorite SF gum ever! So yummy.

I was thinking about martial arts, I am so high strung I thought something like that might be good for me, maybe will look into later, see how I do with breathing!LOL

My son's girlfriend's father is a black belt and teaches martial arts. That would be awesome, getting involved in that. Good fit for your high-strung tendencies. It will teach you disciplined control.
It's getting so close...I know you're SO EXCITED. I'm really excited FOR YOU. It's gonna be one lovely memory for you two.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #630

Quote:
prefer the natural canvas! just cant handle running a lot.. dumb knee!
Ileen, I forgot all about your knee......bummer. I thank God that my knee issues that had been bothering me back about the time my mother got sick and passed away have mostly resolved themselves. (I never want to take my health for granted...God is so good). I can still feel the tenderness at times and still avoid lateral plyo movements, but strengthening my quads and being mindful of what to avoid has helped tremendously.

Do you find that wearing a knee brace helps you at all?