Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

Quote:

"The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment,
when you are between asleep and awake,
when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy,
when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul
that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”

How profound. So much truth to this. It gives me chills.

I've decided to allow my dreams to lead me strongly in the days and weeks ahead. My dreams will be fodder to my passion and belief in myself.

Dreams serve many purposes in life. They give us hope. They allow escape from reality, or they offer the promise or the vision that can lead to reality. They are sustenance for our souls.

As part of my ongoing journey in the direction of my dreams, I will include favorite quotes on dreams to inspire and enliven me.

Today was a fulfilling afternoon. I spent a good bit of time at the gym with my friend and coach, and we talked about and practiced posing. We talked and talked and talked. We laughed. We shared. And then, inevitably, we TRAINED. We both were due a lat workout, so we decided to train together. It was very uplifting, challenging, invigorating. It fed my mind, spirit, body -- my passion. I left there with reinforced resolve. What blessings.

I will be running tonight with my neighbor, our Friday "ritual" moon run together. She's improving each week. We're good for each other.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: workingmomof3
Stats: 233/228/155
WOE: JUDD/starting 5/5/14 officially
T -

Amazing!!! You are my hero!

P.S. - Yes, Adele.... and something that has really got me searching... I heard this great song (about the same time I discovered the rolling in the deep by Adele... prior to it being played every other song...) maybe you can help me... her voice was very similar to Adele's (I'm kind of thinking it got 'pulled' because it definitely would have competed w/rolling in the deep....) I found it on itunes then viewed it on youtube... really an amazing song and I am h-ll bent on finding it again before it goes mainstream...

So - if anyone might know ... from memory... the singer was blond (okay, narrows it down...) and the music video was in black/white seemed to be filmed in a hotel lobby, their were mannequins and grade school age kids.. (6 or so years old...) a victorian style couch (again, memory...) I am dying to find the song... I searched other songs by the same artist and another video she is a waitress in your typical diner, waitress (think Alice) attire and at the end of the video she gets into an older style caddy type car... I think she's Australian....Help?? The latest gaga song (you and I) also reminds me of it... which I have to say I really like... I am downloading that tonight for the gym tomorrow... Hope you don't mind me asking this??? on your amazing workout journal? Love music and am on a mission....

Again - you rock!

(I think I'll start a journal... soon...)

Best,

Kim
Old 09-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #574
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomof3 View Post
T -

Amazing!!! You are my hero!

P.S. - Yes, Adele.... and something that has really got me searching... I heard this great song (about the same time I discovered the rolling in the deep by Adele... prior to it being played every other song...) maybe you can help me... her voice was very similar to Adele's (I'm kind of thinking it got 'pulled' because it definitely would have competed w/rolling in the deep....) I found it on itunes then viewed it on youtube... really an amazing song and I am h-ll bent on finding it again before it goes mainstream...

So - if anyone might know ... from memory... the singer was blond (okay, narrows it down...) and the music video was in black/white seemed to be filmed in a hotel lobby, their were mannequins and grade school age kids.. (6 or so years old...) a victorian style couch (again, memory...) I am dying to find the song... I searched other songs by the same artist and another video she is a waitress in your typical diner, waitress (think Alice) attire and at the end of the video she gets into an older style caddy type car... I think she's Australian....Help?? The latest gaga song (you and I) also reminds me of it... which I have to say I really like... I am downloading that tonight for the gym tomorrow... Hope you don't mind me asking this??? on your amazing workout journal? Love music and am on a mission....

Again - you rock!

(I think I'll start a journal... soon...)

Best,

Kim
KIM! So glad to see you back. You've been MIA. (Where's that little prissy/annoyed/sassy Smiley?)

Yes. The song. I will dig into my brain, and maybe with Google's help, we can find it eventually. Now you got me curious! Our passion for music has to be taken seriously afterall, no?

Promise me that if/when you find new "gym" songs, you'll share them with me so that I can consider them too?

And yes, I DO HOPE you start a journal. I can track you easier that way. You have a way of slipping through the cracks. Stop that already.

I had just logged off to start cleaning up the kitchen when I saw your post, then popped back on here. Happy Friday to ya, girl.

And I'll start looking........!

(And off she goes to tidying the kitchen.)
Old 09-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #575

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
"Dreams serve many purposes in life. They give us hope. They allow escape from reality, or they offer the promise or the vision that can lead to reality. They are sustenance for our souls."

So true Twyla!!!!! We have to have a dream of what is to come for us!!!! I am glad you had a good, fun productive day at the gym, it sounds like you are ready to take it all on, so proud of you!!!!

I picked up our stuff for the race tomorrow I am so excited, they are having a door prize for 20 bootcamp workouts, I hope I win!!!! And we all got a bag full of Myloplex shakes, and the shirt is nice material like the under armour stuff I love, I am so excited!!!!

I cant stop crying, I guess cause I was alone running around while Bobby was at baseball, but like I cant believe I am running a race tomorrow on the eve of my birthday how many years I wished to just be able to move, it sort of all hit me tonight, like darn I did a lot this year!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-16-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomof3 View Post

Kim,

I forgot to mention "thank you" in my last post.

And so having just gotten back from my run a few minutes ago, I began the search...while having some whey protein pudding and decaf tea for a snack......and one musician that comes to mind is DUFFY. She's not Austrailian, she's Welsh, but she's blonde, and her voice is similar to Adele's. But when I searched videos of her, narrowing it to black & white, I wasn't coming up with your description of the video, so this probably isn't the right person.

All that said, I DO love her voice.

I googled similar-sounding artists, and Christina Perri was also one who came up (and who came to my mind initially, except she's not blonde). Love her voice and her music too.

Anyway, throwing out ideas...I'll keep looking...
Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
"Dreams serve many purposes in life. They give us hope. They allow escape from reality, or they offer the promise or the vision that can lead to reality. They are sustenance for our souls."

...I cant stop crying, I guess cause I was alone running around while Bobby was at baseball, but like I cant believe I am running a race tomorrow on the eve of my birthday how many years I wished to just be able to move, it sort of all hit me tonight, like darn I did a lot this year!!!

What a rewarding, memorable way to celebrate your birthday, Amber!

I'm excited for you, and so happy that you have realized so many of your dreams...turned them into realities...
...and you've only just begun.
I wish you the best for tomorrow.

And hey, it's YOUR party...you can cry if ya want to!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #578

"Memoria de Facto,"
Blogger

Old 09-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #579

Thanks T for the good wishes, I am so excited I couldn't sleep!!!! LOL
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #580

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

What a rewarding, memorable way to celebrate your birthday, Amber!

I'm excited for you, and so happy that you have realized so many of your dreams...turned them into realities...
...and you've only just begun.
I wish you the best for tomorrow.

And hey, it's YOUR party...you can cry if ya want to!

GO AMBER!!!!
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #581

Quote:
Life is full of beauty.
Notice it.
Notice the bumble bee, the small child,
and the smiling faces.
Smell the rain, and feel the wind.
Live your life to the fullest potential,
and fight for your dreams.”

- Ashley Smith

It's been a very busy day. Never seems to be enough time in a day. Still so much to accomplish before my head hits the pillow.

Today was a higher carb day, and I was ready for it. Feeling rather depleted and I'm due a rest day (tomorrow). Worked medial delts today, wearing them out, several different angles, exercises, supersets and drop sets, you name it. Have at it, T. Burn em up.

Preparing chicken for the week ahead, and gathering fall decor. My absolute favorite time of the year. I MUST find time this weekend for decorating this season of splendor. Oh, how it makes my heart smile.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #582

Oh T I know I love Fall, when I was at the Farmers Market the first pumpkins and gourds were out, I love gourds and pumpkins and I had to get a spaghetti squash, Fall has always been my favorite time of year!!!! The apples and pumpkins and the smell of leaves!!!

Thank goodness you have a rest day woman, you need it!!! Rest up so you can keep going at full steam, I am glad you changed your pic!!!! Man I would wear sleeveless shirts all winter with those shoulders!!! I bought a one shoulder sweater and dress for Vegas, I feel sexy having a shoulder now, its all about the divots now!

loved THE WONDER WOMAN cake, I know you totally get how I felt today!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #583

Rest up T. I dont mind early fall when its still nice and warm/indian summer but I a warm weather gal. I think i might be reptilian lol. I feel best with the warmth on my skin or i get cold.

T did you follow the Olympia? Amber, 'your' Ava came in 3rd. I was 'pulling' for Erin Stern, she got second to Nicole Wilkins.

Last edited by inatic; 09-18-2011 at 03:03 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #584

Ileen I will have to look for the results on the web, poor Ava, LOL Her abs are still on my fridge!! LOL
Old 09-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #585

Morning T!

Hope you have a great week!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 AM   #586

Good morning girls, OMG yesterday I ate sort of bad at my party but I ran in the morning and worked out before, I was 201 this morning, OMG I am so close, 14 days til I leave I am so nervous about what to eat, so I keep this weight and lose another pound good grief!!!!

I guess I will be LC and suffer through the workouts maybe try the superpump that T suggested!!!! I have it I always forget it, LOL

T- have a good week, it is chilly and fallish here today!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
T did you follow the Olympia?
Yes, certainly did. I thought Nicole looked amazing, even though I would have been pulling for Ava. I've admired Ava's body, drive and attitude for quite some time, and I think it's cool that she's Gaspari's main spokesperson. (Love their products).

All that said, I feel that Nicole was very deserving of the honors and was glad to see her win.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #588

Yeah I like Ava, but I thought she looked better blonde than dark haired, but this girl looks good no doubt about it!!! And the guy that beat out the other guy for his 5th victory, looking at the 2 of them side by side I am like man how is one just a little better, they both looked awesome!!! Defiantly inspiring, and a lot of hard work and attention to nutrition day in and out, that is what is driving me now, to just get as much off as I can and keep working out to change my body. Eating yet another dried out chicken breast for lunch, LOL

T- your arms look more defined than this girls!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #589

T, ever watch Erin train (youtube) .omgosh! Love it!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #590

Quote:
Yeah I like Ava, but I thought she looked better blonde than dark haired, but this girl looks good no doubt about it!!! And the guy that beat out the other guy for his 5th victory, looking at the 2 of them side by side I am like man how is one just a little better, they both looked awesome!!! Defiantly inspiring, and a lot of hard work and attention to nutrition day in and out, that is what is driving me now, to just get as much off as I can and keep working out to change my body. Eating yet another dried out chicken breast for lunch, LOL

T- your arms look more defined than this girls!!!!
what's with the dried chicky boob. Make it tasty! LOL
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #591

I know, it was grilled chicken strips in a bag from Costco, I didn't plan--- not being home yesterday and so now I choked it down, LOL I need hot sauce in here, LOL Lack of planning always leads to trouble, so tonight I am planning, LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #592

Applying Lessons Learned

My journal has taken on a different approach of late, since my "journey" has transitioned from "keeping it off" to training and dieting for a competition.

Having a strict diet and training program as part of the prep, I find that it is eat, train, sleep, repeat---and not much to add from that aspect. The challenge continues of juggling life and work and training and commitments with each passing day. I've learned how to plan ahead, plan my meals, my training, multi-task whenever possible, and I'm constantly thinking ahead of the day's (or week's) "to-do" list.

I've found that online posting in my journal, therefore, isn't as pressing as the other demands that face me. So my plan is to post as often as I can, time allowing, and when new developments occur.

So. New developments that I deem noteworthy:

In the past week, I'm encouraged by comments and feedback that I'm getting from people, both strangers and familiar faces, of the changes that have taken place in my leaning and definition. These comments are even more meaningful to me, given my age and where I find myself at this stage of my life. When I stopped in Walgreens Sunday to pick up some things, the female manager there stopped me to comment on my arms and made the opening remark, "Oh, my gosh. Your arms. You must work out, right? You look so amazing. I want to look like you." (Oh wow...flatter me, pretty young thing!) I thanked her, and she proceeded to ask questions about fitness, training, nutrition, etc., where, what, etc., and I invited her to stop by our gym for a tour, etc. Our conversation seemed to make both her day AND mine.

So the feedback is encouraging that I'm getting the desired result. SUH-WEET.

Also worthy of mention, I noticed that on Monday I was feeling very low on energy. I pushed through the day, through the training (leg day!), and crashed into bed Monday night weary to the bone. I had had a higher carb day on Saturday, a rest day on Sunday, and I was expecting to have more energy on Monday than I had. This was a bit bewildering to me.

So on Tuesday morning, only 40 mins after I'd eaten my first meal, my tummy was already growling. SCREAMING! Protesting loud and long. "Enuf of this ... I need fuel." I thought about it. Do I tweak my diet for the day or do I just eat as I'm supposed to and suffer through it. Afterall, I'm told there will be tough days. I know this. I'm ready for it. So I decided I would up my calories for the day by about 200 and add about 20 more carbs, clean carbs, eaten before noon, and then I tapered the rest of the day, coming in with day-end totals of 20 over my limit for the day. Not bad. I felt like a completely different person when I began preparing for bed last night. No more foggy, lethargy, etc. I felt pretty good, considering it was 9:45 and time for bed after a long day.

Today I've discovered that I feel even better, almost NO HUNGER at all, and my energy is the best it's been in about a week. Can't wait to train this afternoon!

Moral of this story: I know my body. I know it better than anyone. I've learned how to trust myself, trust the signals. I know how to listen, when to give and when to take. It's all about trusting yourself. And this is a lesson that is only learned over time, and with many trials and errors. This is big.

This is a sort of an "unsung" achievement or victory, but no less worthy of celebrating.

And last, but not least, I went to the mall on my lunch hour to buy a greeting card, and while there couldn't resist the urge to try on some dress pants. All of my dress clothes are pretty much too big for me, and I'm having to get very creative with belts and such to keep from looking rather sloppy. I far prefer a polished, tailored look. I took two pairs off the rack, one a Size 4, one a Size 2. The 2's fit better than the 4's. WHAT? I've never worn a 2 in MY LIFE. Granted, it was a "flare" leg, mid-rise, with a teeny bit of stretch to them, but they fit like pants are supposd to fit. I wanted to buy them, but they're not in the budget right now, unfortunately. But as I stared at the reflection in the dressing room mirror, I found myself thinking: These pants fit. I see LEAN. I'm doing this. I'm REALLY making progress here!

A dream in the works....

And the story continues.

Quote:
“You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.
You may have to work for it, however.”

~ Richard Bach
Old 09-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #593

Oh T- you are fabulous, I know you are so busy, but do try to fill us in when you can, you are so motivating!!!! Size 2 you must have been through the roof, I am glad you adjusted your diet to what you thought was best hey all that journal of yours i am reading, you learned a lot on those pages about YOU!!!!

I did VLC and was wiped with my trainer, I hate that, so I am accepting a 4-5 pound loss a month and trying to use the extra carbs to work out and run harder and really focus on all that I can in that area.

I am sure you are going to be fabulous by competition time! I know it is demanding but I know there is going to be a pic of you with a giant trophy!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #594

Quote:
Oh T- you are fabulous, I know you are so busy, but do try to fill us in when you can, you are so motivating!!!! Size 2 you must have been through the roof, I am glad you adjusted your diet to what you thought was best hey all that journal of yours i am reading, you learned a lot on those pages about YOU!!!!

I did VLC and was wiped with my trainer, I hate that, so I am accepting a 4-5 pound loss a month and trying to use the extra carbs to work out and run harder and really focus on all that I can in that area.

I am sure you are going to be fabulous by competition time! I know it is demanding but I know there is going to be a pic of you with a giant trophy!!!!!
Amber, thanks.

I would post more, but honestly, I try to balance everything and I fall short on time a lot. For instance, I've had to sing for the past two nights, last night for 2.5 hrs. My voice is GONE! I'm just now getting home, grabbing my last meal of the day, and typing this as I eat, before I wash up, brush my teeth, and hit the bed.

I wanna say one thing about your being "wiped." Sometimes it's not just from lack of carbs. Sometimes it's from lack of fuel period. Calories. Make sure you're eating enough to power through your workouts AND to keep your metab happy. You gotta figure about 12x your BW, and then reduce that if necessary by 200-300 cals, is what you should aim for most days. Your body may just be in PROTEST mode, kwim?

Try upping cals by about 300-400 cals for 2-3 days, then back it back down again. Cycle it, so to speak. See if that makes a difference in your energy. It should.

Okay...time is clicking away, and my son needs me. Gotta run.

I'll check back when I can. Hope you're having a great week.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #595

I know I really bumped up the exercise and I was thinking maybe not enough calories, you know the drill you want the scale to move,so you start getting crazy, LOL

OMG my trainer was on crack tonight, 45 minutes of plyometrics I feel like a truck hit me, thank goodness I did eat some carbs then son wanted to run, I went 1.5 miles he said I was pathetic, LOL I said son workout night followed by running are never good, LOL

I had my free laser accent skin tightening treatment the PS gave me a free session to see if it helps the arm scars, the girl is going to do my thighs and see if that does anything so that was cool.

I miss ya but totally understand!! I am always glad to hear your reports, you keep me trucking, when I think I am dying I know you are working harder somewhere!!!!

2 weeks til we leave for Vegas I hope I can walk down the aisle!!! LOL

Keep at it!!!!! And you can sing???

My Wonder Woman outfit fits, size large skimpy costume I cant believe it, my son was totally freaked in the brown wig, LOL He is Capt America I got him the suit with muscles he loves it, he is like Mom I want these muscles, so cute, I cant wait for Halloween!

I had a contest to rename my journal after the wedding, some funny stuff so far, LOL

Amber
Old 09-22-2011, 02:42 AM   #596

Quote:
I know I really bumped up the exercise and I was thinking maybe not enough calories, you know the drill you want the scale to move,so you start getting crazy, LOL

I know. The silly things we do. Been there. Don't. Rethink this.

OMG my trainer was on crack tonight, 45 minutes of plyometrics I feel like a truck hit me, thank goodness I did eat some carbs then son wanted to run, I went 1.5 miles he said I was pathetic, LOL I said son workout night followed by running are never good, LOL

Yep. Can't run after a KA workout...just is counterproductive. (insert weary Smiley here)

I had my free laser accent skin tightening treatment the PS gave me a free session to see if it helps the arm scars, the girl is going to do my thighs and see if that does anything so that was cool.

Oooh. Should be interesting...hoping that makes a big difference for you.

I miss ya but totally understand!! I am always glad to hear your reports, you keep me trucking, when I think I am dying I know you are working harder somewhere!!!!

2 weeks til we leave for Vegas I hope I can walk down the aisle!!! LOL

Two weeks! It's almost here, Amber! So excited for you.

Keep at it!!!!! And you can sing???

Yeah, I guess... I love to sing, have sung my whole life, and music is HUGE part of my life. I sing in a trio, and we practice once a week for about 2-3 hrs. We are working on a new song, and I have the lead, and wouldn't you know we're working on this while I have this awful throat/cold thing going on...a bit tough to do when I sound like Froggy!

My Wonder Woman outfit fits, size large skimpy costume I cant believe it, my son was totally freaked in the brown wig, LOL He is Capt America I got him the suit with muscles he loves it, he is like Mom I want these muscles, so cute, I cant wait for Halloween!

I had a contest to rename my journal after the wedding, some funny stuff so far, LOL

Amber
Yes, you and that WW fettish...should be a cute pair, you two!

As for the journal, let it come to you naturally. It's gotta be YOUR expression, and always from the heart.

Have a good day, you....and about the calories? Yep. Bump up a tad today, girl.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
what's with the dried chicky boob. Make it tasty! LOL
Ileen, haven't had time to elaborate....but about tasty chicken ... have you tried Netrition's Smokin Joe Jones' NSA BBQ sauce? FABULOUS.

I even water it down a bit to make it last longer, and it's just enough to flavor my chicken. I boil the breasts in fresh garlic, let em cool, shred em, then stir in the BBQ sauce. OMG. Must try this. Noteworthy!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #598

T doing awesome!

Hang in there!
I hear ya on the fatigue and refeed not lasting. Coach tended to suggest refeed go on a leg day, which was usually, hardest and draining.

Im glad you figured out what you needed.. The feedback your getting is awesome!

I often use cream of rice/or oat bran, in 2.25c of water (stove top) to help fill me up pwo
OR
even in place of meals that i have rice.. so filling.. feels like comfort food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Ileen, haven't had time to elaborate....but about tasty chicken ... have you tried Netrition's Smokin Joe Jones' NSA BBQ sauce? FABULOUS.

I even water it down a bit to make it last longer, and it's just enough to flavor my chicken. I boil the breasts in fresh garlic, let em cool, shred em, then stir in the BBQ sauce. OMG. Must try this. Noteworthy!
that sounds yum.. boiling just for flavor? .. some 'coaches' insist their clients ONLY eat boiled chicken..
Havent had that sauce but im like you, i try to stretch..

You'll love this. One of Erik's clients stretches her pb.. adding water and stirring. My kind of gal!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #599

T- I have 3 jars of that BBQ sauce it is good, the Jok N Al stuff is really good too, they have a chili sauce that is sooo good!!!!!

OMG I never thought of stretching a serving of PB, LOL

Why boiled versus grilled? At least grilling all the stuff comes out, man I get sick of chicken,
Old 09-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #600

i havent gotten sick of chicken and I too eat a lot of it. 'trick' is play with your food and 'dress it up'.