Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
My aunt got a boob job in her 50's she had small National Geographic hanging boobs she didnt want the lift and now she has huge sagging boobs she hates!!!! I know the weight really comes and goes of the boobies buying bras all the time is a bummer! NUrsing one baby ruined me I cant imagine 5!!!!!

I am working my lats like crazy but I have a lot of skin there on the sides that pushes up in bras, gosh it is so hard to stuff them in!! If I get a bra that fits then all the bra flubber sticks out on the sides, so gross, I think my stomach skin is my worst, thank goodness men like boobs Tony is totally supportive since he knows he will get a new rack when he is done nursing me back to health after all that, LOL

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-10-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #542

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
darn skin issues.. I still have plenty but comes a point where you have to accept what is (for me )

T, how the travel, game and outing go??
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #543

T- how was the weekend, how did your son make out at the game, did you keep the munchies at bay?

Sure you are busy give us an update when you can, thinking of you!

So girls I did high carb day Saturday kept to 20% fat, 40% carbs, 40% protein, only bad thing was one toasted marshmallow, the kids ate smores and I didn't have one! So yesterday was VLC, made beef burgers, 33 grams of fat, OMG I was like should i eat this? I ran yesterday new best time for me, and I was 205, since I was bouncing at 209, 207 I think that is good for being so close to a carb up, so this week I am going to try 5 VLC days and then do the high carb day again on Sat since I have the run that day I figure it is a good day for it!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #544

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Our team lost by 1 point Saturday, but my son played well (noseguard). He had four men on him at once several times throughout the game. Offense, not so good. Defense kicked butt.

Travel wise, I did fine. I packed my food and took it with me. Ate my chicken and green beans in the stands at half time, amid stares.

Ordered grilled tilapia with broccoli at dinner. Ice water. No wine. Ate more chicken for a snack on the way home, and some whey protein for a "treat" with coffee to stay awake. Exhausting trip. Didn't leave there till late and got home VERY late.

Felt like crap all day Sunday. Low in energy/iron. Achey. TOM was on the way from all signs. Sure enough, arrived today. But I feel victorious in that I didn't have any issues with HORRIBLE cravings. I had them, yes, their worse on Sunday, but I hung tight and made it through with extra supps of glutamine, water, and green tea. Two naps.

Still very tired today. Guzzled green tea and extra glutamine. Wondered how I'd make it through a workout after work, esp since it was LEG day. But I did it. 30 mins cardio afterward. Fasted cardio this morning.

My hard work is rewarding. I'm doing all that is expected of me, both with diet and training, and it's not easy. It sucks actually at times. But I always get through it somehow feeling amazing and stronger, both in body and in spirit. I'm doing this. I'm flying.

I was paid a compliment today at the gym. Someone said to me: "I'm always glad to see YOU here when I get to the gym, because I always have a better workout when you're around; your intensity inspires me to work harder."

Wow. Very cool.

Gotta run...tons of stuff to do this evening. And it's time to eat. Again.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #545

Good job on the high carb day, Amber. They pay off, don't they?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #546

Well T it sounds like you did marvelous!!!!! OMG you know I told you I am reading your old journal at work, it is so funny, like a novel, to think where you are now, I just read where you ran your first 20 minutes! That must seem like ages ago!!!! You are indeed motivational and inspiring!!!

Well the high carb day sure was satisfying, like it felt good eating stuff but I was very careful all good things, only one toasted marshmallow for a treat, the rest was all whole grain stuff! So Sun and Mon I was VLC, like 30 or so carbs. I ran yesterday morning and did great, today my trainer was like what is wrong with you my arms were like lead then I went to the track, Tony got me all hooked up with his phone and a new program for running that tracks your pace and stuff, OMG 2 laps I was done, so I am not sure that VLC is good for working out, so tomorrow I am upping the carbs a bit, I said maybe it is better to just let it come off when its ready I didnt like not having the intensity of my workout, and I have the race coming, so hard to find the right balance so I am going to try just keeping carbs low on a day I am not working out, and then slightly higher on workout days, if I dont get below 200 before the wedding then so be it, but I want to run the Strip in Vegas, and still be able to workout!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Well T it sounds like you did marvelous!!!!! OMG you know I told you I am reading your old journal at work, it is so funny, like a novel, to think where you are now, I just read where you ran your first 20 minutes! That must seem like ages ago!!!! You are indeed motivational and inspiring!!!

Well the high carb day sure was satisfying, like it felt good eating stuff but I was very careful all good things, only one toasted marshmallow for a treat, the rest was all whole grain stuff! So Sun and Mon I was VLC, like 30 or so carbs. I ran yesterday morning and did great, today my trainer was like what is wrong with you my arms were like lead then I went to the track, Tony got me all hooked up with his phone and a new program for running that tracks your pace and stuff, OMG 2 laps I was done, so I am not sure that VLC is good for working out, so tomorrow I am upping the carbs a bit, I said maybe it is better to just let it come off when its ready I didnt like not having the intensity of my workout, and I have the race coming, so hard to find the right balance so I am going to try just keeping carbs low on a day I am not working out, and then slightly higher on workout days, if I dont get below 200 before the wedding then so be it, but I want to run the Strip in Vegas, and still be able to workout!
Amber, I've mentioned a few tips in your journal regarding the VLC thing and energy levels.

BTW, when you run (been meaning to ask this), do you begin slowly and allow your body warmup time, or do you just pretty much go at normal speed start to finish? I ALWAYS begin my runs with a brisk five minute walk, regardless of the time of day. It gives my body time to lubricate, heartbeat is primed, and mental clarity unleashed. All of that contributes to a more succesful run for me.

Just something to think about. Pacing yourself is more important than the almighty stopwatch.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #548

OK T- I do walk a lap first briskly before I run, sort of to warm up, and then I walk at least one lap after, unless I have more time and can run/walk, ideally for 3 miles,but sometimes I am pressed for time!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #549

maybe on training days, go more TkD (target those carbs) Amber.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #550

Wow T, what a few days you've had. Holding strong and grinding it out is sometimes all one can do.

That was a very inspiring comment at the gym.. Be good to yourself
Old 09-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #551

Girls I had the Plastic surgery consult, I was bummed, my tummy is so bad he needs a ful 4 hours to work on it, so boobs must be done a least a month later, but he is giving me a nice discount and a free facial at the spa, he doesn't think I need the thigh lift, he was shocked with the amount of muscle in my legs, I said the skin flaps when I run! He said for the money and the pain, not worth it, so he has this laser accent, that is suppose to tighten skin, he said keep working out and he is giving me a treatment on my legs to see what I think and then I can get those for about $1000 and see what I think?

So to make my day even crazier, the guy that does the boot camp emailed me they are all going to VA on 11/5 for a 5K mud run, it looks scary!!!! I am doing it with his GF, she just started running too and doesn't work out, so her and I will be 5K and mud run virgins, I am all signed up! This is just what I needed to focus on and keep me running and training harder!!!! But I feel better that his group is running together and me and her can take our time and just do it, that is all I want to be able to do is finish every obstacle and get it done!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:42 AM   #552

Quote:
Girls I had the Plastic surgery consult, I was bummed, my tummy is so bad he needs a ful 4 hours to work on it, so boobs must be done a least a month later, but he is giving me a nice discount and a free facial at the spa, he doesn't think I need the thigh lift, he was shocked with the amount of muscle in my legs, I said the skin flaps when I run! He said for the money and the pain, not worth it, so he has this laser accent, that is suppose to tighten skin, he said keep working out and he is giving me a treatment on my legs to see what I think and then I can get those for about $1000 and see what I think?

So to make my day even crazier, the guy that does the boot camp emailed me they are all going to VA on 11/5 for a 5K mud run, it looks scary!!!! I am doing it with his GF, she just started running too and doesn't work out, so her and I will be 5K and mud run virgins, I am all signed up! This is just what I needed to focus on and keep me running and training harder!!!! But I feel better that his group is running together and me and her can take our time and just do it, that is all I want to be able to do is finish every obstacle and get it done!
Amber, it's good that you know what you're facing with the options in the plastic surgery thing. It's amazing what the field of medicine can do these days, isn't it? I'm sure you've very excited about getting this all behind you and having more body confidence.

And as for the legs, you may be surprised that what TIME and hard work will do as you continue to recomp your lower body with the proper diet and commitment to training and cardio. It may not be as instantaneous as plastic surgery, but it will be hard-earned, lasting changes. You can do it. Give it time. This is life.

As for the run, having the other woman to run with will be helpful for both of you. Sort of like you're competing against each other, rather than against another group of more seasoned runners that have been through it before. That will be good for you.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:49 AM   #553

Yes T I want to keep losing and get as low as I can but man it is getting so hard to get anything off lately, ughgh, and I am hoping in time the legs will return a little better, it says sometimes it takes a year for skin to settle, so I am waiting on the leg thing!!!

The race seems scary but like you said we are going to go and do it, and the others run on the elite group, I would be nervous about that!!!I am so afraid of heights and I think if I get up that 15' wall how am I going to get down?LOL

What's up T, how are you feeling?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Wow T, what a few days you've had. Holding strong and grinding it out is sometimes all one can do.

That was a very inspiring comment at the gym.. Be good to yourself
Yes, Ileen, you're right. Sometimes the mental challenges are as difficult as the physical. You have to make up your mind that stopping/quitting is not an option when the job isn't finished. I think the other day was unique, the day I was feeling so exhausted. Clearly I was very low on iron, and coupled with less sleep and such, it did a number on me. Looking back, it surprises me that I actually made it through the workouts for that day. Makes it even MORE gratifying, the perserverence paying off.

Feeling far more energized every day since.

Yesterday morning was a good run. 45 mins total. Running is a form of cardio that is NEVER boring to me. Fortunately. I go to "that place" of ELEVATION when I run. It's a good feeling, being there.

I'm trying to keep my cardio mixed up as much as possible -- ss runs, intervals, power walking with jogging, Turbo Jam, elliptical, hill intervals on the treadmill, etc. It's all good. Loving this mission.

I was at our first Bunco for the fall last night, and I took along my serving of chicken with me, knowing it would be time to eat, and knowing that there would be very little if anything I could eat from the food that was prepared. I munched on celery, cucumbers and ate my chicken. Several people questioned/commented on my progress, "you look fabulous," etc. "What are you doing to get that body," one comment. Working my ass off, is what I wanted to say. I coated it a bit, but explained that I was training more intensely and doing more cardio, following a stricter diet. I didn't tell anyone I was competing. No one needs to know. Yet.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #555

T- dont you love people's reactions? I know my GF I used to think she just looked the way she did, but now I know how freaking hard she worked her tail off every single day with diet and the gym.

Everyone thinks its magic, just wave a wand and look like that, they dont realize the hours and attention to detail, LOL

Man you are doing it, I cant wait to see you with a big trophy!!! Are you going to post a pic soon for us?
Old 09-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #556

Quote:
Yes, Ileen, you're right. Sometimes the mental challenges are as difficult as the physical. You have to make up your mind that stopping/quitting is not an option when the job isn't finished. I think the other day was unique, the day I was feeling so exhausted. Clearly I was very low on iron, and coupled with less sleep and such, it did a number on me. Looking back, it surprises me that I actually made it through the workouts for that day. Makes it even MORE gratifying, the perserverence paying off.
and sometimes (not to be discouraging) its ok to re address the issue, choice etc , if you feel it isnt in YOUR best interest to do so.

The goal is not the final product here - the competition, the goal is the whole process and the journey it took getting there.... Winning is great (amber) but in reality, its a 10dollar piece of plastic. You cant get back a lot of what you lost training and competing..for some, the diet, cardio (can can get WAY excessive and I already feel T is doing way to much this 'early' in the prep) is not worth the damage to your mental health, body and metabolism, which might not bounce back. Oy, dont get me started on how badly some rebound....
Old 09-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #557

Amber, this is one of my favorite people to follow besides my coach, they have a lot of the same mentality.. and do things way smarter than most of the prep coaches out there..

Im not against competition in any way, im against how some go about it..

Quote:
The Genetics No One Wants to Talk About- Scott Abel

But here below is what I really want to address, mostly because the nonsense surrounding it is getting crazier and crazier each and every year. See, the above is the “genetics” factor everyone can see. But what about the genetics that matter even more, that people can’t see. There is such a thing as “metabolic genetics” as well. Does anyone even address the metabolic genetics of a wannabe competitor? Do coaches/trainers/competitors assess whether the people’s metabolisms are resilient enough to handle to the rigors of contest dieting; especially over and over again? And what about handling the rigors of improper contest dieting; is anyone addressing if they have the metabolic “stuff” for that? Do they even know how?

Metabolic resilience is a real term. It refers to the human physiology’s capacity to bounce back from a diet dilemma of a specific sort: in this case competition preparation. But I don’t like so much coining terms like this. When I coined the term “metabolic damage” some years ago, wannabe experts, and worse, internet marketers, pounced on it as a way to make money. Most of them to this day have no concept of the phenomenon, or how to treat it. But that doesn’t seem to matter these days. Just use fancy words and make promises on the internet and you will scoop some people for sure. But I digress.

See, most people do not have resilient enough metabolism for Figure competition. The truth is when many ladies take their bodies too far below their own set points for comfortable weight loss, the body will rebel over the longer term. Thus, the “competitor” gets fatter because of the competition experience, and can no longer maintain even their “balanced” weight before they ever even thought of competing. And I’ve written enough about this in the past that people can go to previous articles to look at the scary details of this process. Metabolic resilience is reflected in the genetics of lasting champions, the ones held out for all of you to emulate. You see, their metabolisms are unique. Their metabolisms are resilient. That doesn’t mean if you train and diet like they do, you will achieve similar or lasting results. It could in fact be a recipe for long term disaster. But on the “rah, rah, rah,” nonsense of the cheerleading competitor boards, no one wants to talk about this reality. So, post contest, and past competitors suffer in silence. And often the person to truly blame is the “guru” who puts people under unreasonable training and diet regimens, without assessing if they even have the genetics to endure it. It is after all, all about “representing” in this era. What a joke! (Allow me to rant on this for a minute or two)

See, Gurus these days look to success by quantity not quality. Known Gurus with established reputations, (another complete joke to me) can enter 15 or more girls in one show and hope for the best. The ones that do well will be held out to “represent” those methods. Those that don’t do as well, we just don’t talk about them. So maybe Guru Gus puts 15 competitors in a contest. Five do really well and represent. One or two don’t even make it to the show, because the one size fits all regimen, nearly destroyed them. But they don’t win or represent, so we don’t talk about them. The others that place in the middle, well the Guru has at least got their money and overall, through everyone at the show, the Guru’s name gets bounced around and he/she wins all around. Great gig if you can get it. You never have to be responsible for the physiques and metabolisms you ruin, and you get to be known as an expert, without anyone every being smart enough to mention this stuff. Well, I mention it. I’ve had enough of it.

And just by comparison, this past year I had only one girl in Nationals. She won two classes and the overall and the pro card. The next week, I had one girl in the world qualifier and she won her class there. Two years ago, I had one girl in Junior Nationals in the US, Desiree Walker and she walked away with a class win and a pro card: The year before she was 10th out of 15. (More on this next Blog) So, I like my percentages of quality over quantity. And I don’t care about who “represents.” Grow up for crying out loud! What my clients know to be true is what separates me from other coaches/trainers.

You see I don’t care about your goals to drop 10 lbs or to win such and such a contest. I don’t care about THAT, at all. But the difference is, I care that you care. It is not about the result; it is about the person. So many people write me after their show; because their trainers have left them twisting in the wind now that the contest is over and they are gaining weight. Say what? This is expertise? This is responsibility. No. This is nonsense.

Ok, that was a long rant, but it’s a blog, so I’m allowed to go off on a tangent here and there. The point is who is assessing the unseen genetics? Who is assessing a reasonable goal from an unreasonable one? Who is assessing what is best for long term metabolic cooperation; which is way more important than short term weight loss or a trophy. Here are a few clues to look for:

1) If you have to go weeks without carbs, and without energy for life, you should not be competing.

2) If you have to do hours of cardio, even in the off-season you are being mis-guided by people who clearly do not understand the basics of energy systems and exercise physiology.

3) If your “before” contest pictures, and “in-contest” pictures look like two different people, you are surely damaging your metabolism. This isn’t an achievement to be applauded, it’s a warning sign. If your post-contest pictures, say 4 months post contest, looks like a different person, this is also a bad sign.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #558

Indeed the success is in the journey and having a body you are proud of, and I sure hope T feels that way at the end!! She is certainly working hard enough for it! I never won a trophy, badges, ribbons, never a trophy!! One year for my Birthday years ago, my BF had a huge 2 foot trophy made for me, it says first place for beauty and kindness, LOL I still have it on my make up table, LOL I am a little trophy obsessed, LOL Some day I want a cheap plastic trophy for something! LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #559

Ileen, I appreciate your sharing with me the views of SA and the concern that you have about the tendency to easily do the burnout/rebound thing. I can see how that can happen.

I don't share a lot of details here about what I do and what I eat, and you can understand why. It changes every couple of weeks anyway. I am being monitored and I feel that I know my body well enough by now that I can tell when I go beyond that "safe" zone. Am I a trained professional? No. But I know my body very well.

Since I've begun the prep, I've not once gone below 1550 calories a day, and many days have been close to 1900 calories. This in addition to adequate macronutrients, vitamins, bcaa's, and energy supplements. If I sound like I'm whining in that last post, it's because I was NOT expecting TOM, nor was I expecting such a rough time with it. Those things happen that way, and as I understand it, more so when you're my age. The iron deficiency from THAT had a huge bearing on my energy and resiliance from my expenditures the days surrounding. I have since corrected that to insure that I'm getting sufficient iron.

I'm sleeping better at night actually than I have for a long time. Soundly, deeply. Energy is fine (sometimes heightened) throughout the day, and I even take 20-min power naps 2-3 times a week on my lunch hour for extra rest. So far, everything is controlled and manageable, coupled with the demands of life and family and work, etc. I'm balancing it all better than even I expected I would. Part of the reason for that is re-prioritizing my time throughout the day. There is zero time wasted in my daily schedule. Multi-tasking has gone to a whole new level.

Why do I say all of this? I don't want to leave the impression with anyone who may happen to read my journal that I'm going to dangerous extremes for a short-lived challenge, journey, contest -- call it what you will. I'm very much in control of the challenges before me so far, and my own self-monitoring and respect for self has a lot to do with that. I think that's key, knowing one's body so intimately that the tiniest nuance of variance from norm is noticeable. (Lessons learned from the past couple of years in my fitness journey.) That's where I am right now.

All systems go. I'm good.

And the journey continues...

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-15-2011 at 02:34 AM..
Old 09-15-2011, 02:42 AM   #560

As for photos of myself, I don't have any recent ones, at least ones that I want to share on the internet. I can say that seeing this photo taken of me at the beach this year, even I can see a huge difference in the definition of my arms, abs and legs now versus then (and if only I had taken "befores" of my back!). I guess pictures do speak a thousand words.

The feedback I'm getting on a daily basis now from pretty much everyone I come in contact with is encouraging and reaffirms that I'm on the right track. More photos to come. Eventually. When time allows.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-15-2011 at 02:45 AM..
Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 AM   #561

Gosh T, I think you look great in that photo!!! You are doing what you need to do, from reading your prior journal it is obvious you have learned a lot about your needs, just like now I am trying to find my way, it is a journey with much trial and error! It is hard being on any structured diet and I know you mentioned sleep issues before, and if you feel good and are sleeping that is all good and you are seeing changes and others are noticing!!! That is what keeps you going!

I ran/walked a 4.25 K it was getting dark and I was creeped out and Bobby was so done running, LOL But we shaved a little more time off our mile 11:52, that was the fastest yet, LOL I gotta attack this running somehow I wish I could love it, the new little app I got on my phone is so cool it downloads to a program to keep track of it all!!! So I need to keep doing that and seeing progress!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

As for photos of myself, I don't have any recent ones, at least ones that I want to share on the internet. I can say that seeing this photo taken of me at the beach this year, even I can see a huge difference in the definition of my arms, abs and legs now versus then (and if only I had taken "befores" of my back!). I guess pictures do speak a thousand words.

The feedback I'm getting on a daily basis now from pretty much everyone I come in contact with is encouraging and reaffirms that I'm on the right track. More photos to come. Eventually. When time allows.
I hope you are taking photos for yourself and documenting your rockin on girl! Love my progress photos that i have to send to coach..
Old 09-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #563

We just finished court, and my boss has encouraged me to leave early.

Ya don't have to ask me twice.

I'm headed out the door now, gonna take a quick power nap when I get home, then hit the gym for "heavy" leg day.

Gonna shut my door, throw on some relaxing Sade, and let the music usher me to blissful rest....Can't wait...I need this.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #564

Early dismissal that is always a bonus!!!!!!!! Take advantage of that extra time!!!

I am giddy I have my trainer appt soon, I feel a little better today, I am hoping the rain holds off again so I go to the track again, but might be better to skip the running for a day and hit it harder tomorrow night, then Sat is the big race, OK 1 mile, but its a big deal to me!!!!

Enjoy T!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #565

Quote:
Early dismissal that is always a bonus!!!!!!!! Take advantage of that extra time!!!

I am giddy I have my trainer appt soon, I feel a little better today, I am hoping the rain holds off again so I go to the track again, but might be better to skip the running for a day and hit it harder tomorrow night, then Sat is the big race, OK 1 mile, but its a big deal to me!!!!

Enjoy T!!!
Of COURSE it's a big deal, as it should be. You can do it!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #566

Enjoy your weekend T!!! My trainer killed me I said I really want to work on being able to to do a pull up, OMG it is so hard, I was hanging on like a monkey for dear life!!!! She said we will keep working on it, and in a few months you will do them, LOL Every time we get together she has me do some crazy humiliating thing, well last night it was these sit ups hanging on this bar contraption, I couldn't stop laughing and almost peed my pants, LOL

My son said the best thing this morning, he said Mom my friends don't recognize you, they asked if Dad got a new wife, he said no that is my Mom, they said it doesn't look like her, your Mom was fat, LOL I think coming from 10 year old boys that was a compliment, LOL
Old 09-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #567

Quote:
Enjoy your weekend T!!! My trainer killed me I said I really want to work on being able to to do a pull up, OMG it is so hard, I was hanging on like a monkey for dear life!!!! She said we will keep working on it, and in a few months you will do them, LOL Every time we get together she has me do some crazy humiliating thing, well last night it was these sit ups hanging on this bar contraption, I couldn't stop laughing and almost peed my pants, LOL

My son said the best thing this morning, he said Mom my friends don't recognize you, they asked if Dad got a new wife, he said no that is my Mom, they said it doesn't look like her, your Mom was fat, LOL I think coming from 10 year old boys that was a compliment, LOL
Amber, that's good that you're working toward that accomplishment, the pull up. Does your gym have an assist machine for that? It makes it seem more doable as you decrease the weight gradually. Also, you can do those on a Smith bar and gradually allow your muscles to get stronger as you increase the angle/resistance. Good job.

As for your son's pride in you, that goes to show how setting an example for our children not only helps them establish fitness goals and mindfulness, but it's rewarding to know that our children can be proud to willingly proclaim: "Yes. That's MY mom!"
Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #568

Progress pics. Yes.

I did take before pics, and I'm taking progress pics as I progress along for training purposes, but I don't care to share pics of that sort on the internet for personal reasons.

The day will arrive soon enough when I'll have the final "product" of this challenge, and the pics taken then will become a part of my journal.

These are a few progress pics that are more "moderate," and I don't mind sharing these in my journal. One is a little out of focus, but oh well. Here goes:

Yesterday was a fabulous heavy leg day, increasing weight AND volume, and hitting as many angles as possible.

It occurred to me last night as I was grocery shopping that another good thing about a prep diet, it makes grocery shopping a breeze. If it AIN'T on the list, I don't buy it. It's simple, straightforward, and no thinking to it. And amazingly, I've gotten used to this and love the results it's bringing. It's liberating to wake up in the morning and know that you have no regrets, no variables from eating something that would adversely affect your hormones or weight, knowing that each day is like another "gift," a surprise waiting on me from either my mirror or my clothes. It's very rewarding. This whole process of structured discipline has been wonderful for my mindset and focus. I'm jazzed.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #569

OMG T-

Your arms are amazing, what a difference in your previous pictures,you were ripped but darn you can see some serious work!!!! You are getting all those little finger lines on that shoulder!!! WOW I want shoulders like that!!!! You are freaking awesome, no other words to describe it!!!! You are like my favorite guy that teaches spin class, he has all these lines of muscles everywhere I am so intrigued by them all, I always want to touch him, and have to hold myself back!!!! It gets me through class watching all his muscles moving, LOL

The final pic in here is going to be with your big trophy I know it!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!! It is so motivating to see what can be with some time and really hard work!!!!

I forgot to add you are cute as a button, and dont look a day over freaking 30!!!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #570

HAWT