Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Good to know had not thought about the fiber affecting protein, maybe I will do the protein drink prior and then the all bran after then dinner is like an hour away. SO many things to think about.

So as I am reading your journal, is your fat level still higher than 25%, the lack of fat is def getting to me today I am sure that is why I am starving, geez when I did lc I was eating like 1200 calories and was never hungry from all the fat, if I can up that a bit I think that will help! Man there were a lot of good people in your journal back then on to the BFFM plan, I wish there were more people around doing that on here! I just read how you upped your carbs and had a big drop, after you were so scared to add them, LOL Sounds all too familiar!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #512

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Good to know had not thought about the fiber affecting protein, maybe I will do the protein drink prior and then the all bran after then dinner is like an hour away. SO many things to think about.

So as I am reading your journal, is your fat level still higher than 25%, the lack of fat is def getting to me today I am sure that is why I am starving, geez when I did lc I was eating like 1200 calories and was never hungry from all the fat, if I can up that a bit I think that will help! Man there were a lot of good people in your journal back then on to the BFFM plan, I wish there were more people around doing that on here! I just read how you upped your carbs and had a big drop, after you were so scared to add them, LOL Sounds all too familiar!
Yes. Didn’t have time to add that…I’m in court, catching your posts here and there.

Up your fat to around 40% on LC days, no issues, as long as you keep within your targeted calories/deficit. In fact, some days I might have gone higher. Play with it, making it sufficient for balance, i.e., SATIETY/ENERGY, then work it.

Knock the fat back down on high carb days as low as you can, targeting around 20 or 25% on those days. Try to keep it good/healthy fats.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #513

And about the fiber thing....

I good target is 5 g per meal, omitting those times around workouts where you're taking in whey. The post workout meal is the most imp because you want the nutrients in quickly, not slowly.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #514

Man I am so glad you posted that, I am like going nuts today I was never ever hungry doing low carb all those months hence such low calories and today I am ravenous, I just ate an hour ago and could eat my own arm!!! Tomorrow is going to be low carb with uch higher fat! Yes I know keep the fat low and all good fats on high carb days, high fat and high carbs= disaster!!!!

I am so engrossed in your old journal, its keeping me busy since I have like zero to do here today! It makes me respect you even more seeing how you struggled and had to learn what worked too, you really worked for the place you are now and so deserve it!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #515

Progress continues. R E J O I C E.

More and more people at my gym are beginning to notice, to comment, to ask questions. I'm jacked.

I split cardio up this morning, starting with elliptical, ending with a 15 min steady-paced run. How I need to find more music for my running. I've been searching, but can't find much of anything "NEW" that grabs me. Except Adele. I was listening to her latest as I was driving to work this morning. It's jumping off the charts. I absolutely love her style, her music, her VOICE, her songs. They unglue me. Incredibly talented musician. I adore her.

Today is lats day.

I'll have a rest day tomorrow, heading north for my son's first home game, leaving early, back very late. Last night was youngest son's football game, and he managed several tackles and had a great game. He's also their kicker and doing a fine job at that as well. Loving seeing him delvelop into a fine young athlete. And quite the artist, that kid. (Must take after his momma)
His last two drawings from art class wowed me. Some talent going on there. Not to be wasted. I'll have to keep my eye on that.

I prepared my egg white "pizza" today (Ileen!), and it was very yummy. Far better than just blah-zay egg whites. I put a bit of spinach atop and allowed it to wilt. When done, dab of salsa and a couple banana pepper rings, rolled into a "burrito," and chowed down. Works for me!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-09-2011 at 06:56 AM..
Old 09-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #516

Quote:
I am so engrossed in your old journal, its keeping me busy since I have like zero to do here today! It makes me respect you even more seeing how you struggled and had to learn what worked too, you really worked for the place you are now and so deserve it!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #517

Wow your son is very talented, very smart boys you have, the game schedules get crazy but it is so fun to see them be so excited about playing sports!!!!

I bet people are noticing at the gym, how could they not? Probably the half the men are jealous of those arms!!!!! Egg whites and just salsa is my fav and when I can have a low carb tortilla even better!

I might stick with the LC thing and see if I can get below 203, still not down to my siggy weight, but I was 209 yesterday after high carb, 206 this morning, I have had 5 pounds of swing weight since Sunday, that is crazy I drink over a gallon of water per day!

Real anxious to go to my doctor and see my blood test results today!

Baseball tonight if the rain holds out, and I ran last night, over a mile without stopping, I ran 23 minutes I was so glad, the race is next Saturday it is only 1 mile, but honestly I never thought I would ever run a mile, I think I am more proud of the running than the weight loss!

Well have a good weekend, hoping your son wins his game!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #518

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Glad the pizza worked T.. its one of my favorites. I often eat it pwo too with a nice bowl of cream of rice
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #519

So T I am down after 2 VLC days and now tomorrow is the carb load day I am scared, but I guess I will see what the scale says, or should I go for it? I am going to make sure it is all good carbs, tomorrow is my heaviest workouts, 1 hour spin, then legs then maybe a run tomorrow night, then 2 VLC and then a bi workout with the trainer MOnday night, what to do????

Had my doctor appt, she was so amazed she asked me to speak when they do a weight loss seminar my cholesterol was 127, after 9 months of bacon and butter, LOL She was glad I was trying to add healthy carbs in, she said she doesn't care what the scale says she is declaring me healthy and fit, really made my day, I said but I am over 200 pounds, she said you are 5'10 and hovered over 300 your whole adult life, dont stress the scale. I made her poke around and she agrees 25-30 pounds of excess skin will most likely be removed, I said I want to get to 180 then consider surgery, she doesn't think I will get that low, but she said go for it, she said I have very large bones and very dense muscle, sort of depressing, but I said I know I was never as fit as I was in my whole life, and for me it is all about building more muscle to help my metabolism, she agrees I will always be plagued with carb sensitivity. I cant tell you how good it felt to see my doctor beaming with joy for me, I was crying all over her, LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #520

Quote:
So T I am down after 2 VLC days and now tomorrow is the carb load day I am scared, but I guess I will see what the scale says, or should I go for it? I am going to make sure it is all good carbs, tomorrow is my heaviest workouts, 1 hour spin, then legs then maybe a run tomorrow night, then 2 VLC and then a bi workout with the trainer MOnday night, what to do????

Had my doctor appt, she was so amazed she asked me to speak when they do a weight loss seminar my cholesterol was 127, after 9 months of bacon and butter, LOL She was glad I was trying to add healthy carbs in, she said she doesn't care what the scale says she is declaring me healthy and fit, really made my day, I said but I am over 200 pounds, she said you are 5'10 and hovered over 300 your whole adult life, dont stress the scale. I made her poke around and she agrees 25-30 pounds of excess skin will most likely be removed, I said I want to get to 180 then consider surgery, she doesn't think I will get that low, but she said go for it, she said I have very large bones and very dense muscle, sort of depressing, but I said I know I was never as fit as I was in my whole life, and for me it is all about building more muscle to help my metabolism, she agrees I will always be plagued with carb sensitivity. I cant tell you how good it felt to see my doctor beaming with joy for me, I was crying all over her, LOL
Hey, Amber. Although it's technically past my bedtime, I'm waiting to get a text from my son about when to come get him for this after-football game event called "Fifth Quarter," takes place at our church for the youth on Friday HS home games. I'm so tired. I'm trying to stay awake. And I gotta get up early and do cardio before we leave to head north. Ugh.

About your carbs...if I were you, I'd do what you thought about doing, a few carbs before/after your workout, low the rest of the day (green veggies). Do this for one more day. Getting 3 lows is a good way to start out, then a high. Then repeat. You may find that you need to adjust that up or down at some point, carb wise. It's all try and see. Stay off the scales after high days. Just do it.

As for the med checkup, how PROUD you must be. The doc was obviously very proud of you, and yes, you set quite an example for her other patients who have a lot of weight to lose, the message being: It can be done, but it takes HARD WORK AND SACRIFICE. THAT'S the message. And you're a walking billboard of hard work and sacrifice. Go show em, Amber! Those numbers are great. You have come such a long way. I'll bet you wake up every day of your life and wanna pinch yourself, thinking, IS THIS THE TRUTH, OR IS IT JUST A DREAM?

You've made your dreams come true, Amber. So cool.

Good luck with the workouts tomorrow. Up the fat in the evening if you get hungry, and just keep your carbs around your workouts. One more day. Then do a carb up. Fats down, lots of water. See what happens after about 2-3 days. KUTGW!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Glad the pizza worked T.. its one of my favorites. I often eat it pwo too with a nice bowl of cream of rice
Yep. It's a keeper. You saved me.

By the way, been meaning to ask: Why no beating eggs, just pour in pan? What's the significance of that?

I'm thinking when I go on my seminar in October, if egg whites are still on my diet for breakfast, I can maybe make a seasoned egg white "burrito," place in baggies, keep them on ice in my room, and just nuke them for breakfast each morning. I will need 3, one for each morning I'll be at the conference. Might work...?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #522

T- OK I just made a plan of high carb, LOL But I can change it, LOL, I had a moderate then two VLC, I got everything down to 23% fat, 42% carbs, and 35% protein, I think I read the protein can be lower on high carb days? Man it looks like a lot of food, it is so hard watching the fat, but your the boss, so if you think its best I better listen!!!! I can mix it up for the kids they wont know, LOL I make a day in ****** then try to eat every 3 hours and cross off then there is no deviation, I have to do that or I would be grabbing something bad, it is funny how the slightest thing can totally through off the macros.

As for the egg whites, I would get a microwave egg poacher and get some liquid egg whites and nuke them each morning, it works, just fill the little things and nuke and then they are fresh, I dont know about 3 day old egg whites, ugh, I took low carb pancakes with me when I went on business in Nov, turns out they had a breakfast buffet, so I had eggs, by day 2 my pancakes were tough looking! Call ahead and see what they have at the hotel, it might help, but the egg poacher works great!!!! Or take a bunch of hard boiled eggs, pack them in plastic easter eggs, that works too, then you can just eat the whites if needed, I took a whole dozen with me, LOL Every meal we had was carb city and I lost like 5 pounds by sticking to my eggs! <Y GF gave me the easter egg tip duh now no more mashed hard boiled eggs in my purse!

And yes there are days like today I had on a medium shirt and I had to tell everyone look I am wearing a medium, not a men's a women's, LOL I made everyone look at it!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-09-2011 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #523

Busy evening. Left from gym, took my son to get his hair cut. Then got him a bite to eat. Prepared my own meal -- post workout shake, then later tilapia and veggies. Then took him to the game, and drove back just in time to meet my neighbor friend for our scheduled "Friday night run" together. She's doing better. She's up to running 25 mins now. Well, she had to stop once for one minute, but then she was able to resume and finished the 25. I was very proud of her.

I'm trying to get her to commit to weights. She's so not there. She asked me tonight: "How do you like lifting? Don't you think it's hard to make yourself do that? It wears me out." Hmmm.

What do ya say to that?

I told her you have to start slowly, and her strength will increase gradually, along with her endurance, but she has to be consistent or she'll make no progress in either.

All I can do is encourage. It's up to her to DO THE WORK. Or not.

I'm proud of her at any rate. She's come a long way. She's committed to running. Her diet has gotten a little off track, but we talked tonight about that and she's refocused, it seems. Hope.

I'm glad we have each other for this support. It's good to have someone to encourage, to cheer, to listen.

I've been listening to Adele...a good evening for this. My world is not complete without music. "Someone Like You." Absolutely beautiful song. I love the arpeggios that set the mood for the song at the beginning, and then keep it soulfully deep throughout.

There needs to be more talent like hers in the world. So tired of the crap that's played these days.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #524

Gosh T I could lift weights til the cows come home I freaking love it, the running I do it but I hate it, LOL It is one of those things you ease into, I strated just by getting to the gym, a little elliptical hiding out upstairs and slowly I was like hey I want to do that, then after my arm surgery I was like darn it I want a trainer and I want to get these arms I just spent all this money on toned up, then I was done, I would work out with her for hours if I could, LOL I hate leaving, I wamt to do it all and she is like you can only do so much, LOL

I am sure you are a big inspiration, I did low carb for months before I even would walk, getting the nutrition is the hardest then the exercise and then you start to see results and then it snowballs, I tell some of the girls on here, just start walking, dont try to do something too hard and give up, better to ease into it and let it happen! Once they see the results its sort of addicting, as you know!!!!

I am sure you are a huge inspiration and it is so nice to have someone, I love my trainer I would be lost without her!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #525

Quote:
T- OK I just made a plan of high carb, LOL But I can change it, LOL, I had a moderate then two VLC, I got everything down to 23% fat, 42% carbs, and 35% protein, I think I read the protein can be lower on high carb days? Man it looks like a lot of food, it is so hard watching the fat, but your the boss, so if you think its best I better listen!!!! I can mix it up for the kids they wont know, LOL I make a day in ****** then try to eat every 3 hours and cross off then there is no deviation, I have to do that or I would be grabbing something bad, it is funny how the slightest thing can totally through off the macros.
As for the moderate vs. high, that's your call. Only YOU know your body. Well, so maybe you don't know it quite as well....YET....but you're getting there. That's where trial and error comes in.

So scenario: 2-3 days 50 or under carbs, then a moderate, 2-3 more days 50 or under, then do a high. Repeat this cycle. But to start out, I'd go for another low tomorrow, like I said above, and then see how you do with that. Followed by either high or moderately high.

Poacher? Hm. I think I'll call ahead and ask what they have at their facilities. If necessary, I'm more inclined to take boiled eggs and do only the whites. (Ewww....so what do I do with the yolks? The maids will have a ball with that.)

Way to go on the MEDIUM.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #526

flush the yolks!!!!!lol
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #527

Quote:
flush the yolks!!!!!lol
OMMMMM...uhhhhhggh! LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #528

Kim,

This is for you, hope you're out there somewhere.

Thanks for introducing me to Adele.

Remember?

You got great taste, girfriend.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #529

T, think beating the eggwhites will make them fluffy , which is fine, i just prefer it not that way for my 'pizza'

gosh how can anyone hate lifting. Cardio, just shoot me. blech!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #530

Amber awesome dr appt!

Have you had a consultation re the skin and surgery? It is usually free.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:46 AM   #531

Behind every successful woman...is a substantial amount of coffee.

- Stephanie Piro

Only minutes away from morning cardio. Since I ran yesterday, thinking of doing Turbo Jam and Ab Jam this morning. I like mixing it up. And ab jam always leaves my abs a little sore. And sore is good.

I'm a bit nervous about the drive to/from the game, and being around people eating CALORIE-CARB-LADEN food this evening when we go out to eat after the game. Driving long distances always gives me the munchies. I think they call that boredom?
It's my first exposure to this...THE TEST.
Of course I'm not gonna bend or break.
I'm tough.
I'm doing this.
It's a matter of focusing on the Finish Line.
I am on a mission. The food and debauchery opportunities will be there forever.
My project is a window of time, and I plan to succeed.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:49 AM   #532

ahhhhh im enjoying coffee here in the darkness as well. The boys are all scattered all over the house, EXCEPT their rooms lol.

you'll be fine T.. remember this is a choice you are choosing to refrain from eating something. Socializing isnt about the food but the people. Gum etc helps..

You got this!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #533

Quote:
T, think beating the eggwhites will make them fluffy , which is fine, i just prefer it not that way for my 'pizza'

gosh how can anyone hate lifting. Cardio, just shoot me. blech!
Oh, yeah. Agreed. I want my "crust" thin and crispy, not bloated.

The lifting thing. I know. I guess for each their own. I think it has to do with a person's general disposition. Have you noticed that? People who are very laid back personality, those are the types you seldom see in the gym pushing the weight around. They're more "cruise" type when it comes to fitness.

I"ve never been much good at cruising. I blame that on genetics. I'm in high gear the majority of the time.

That said, I DO love running regardless. It's the euphoria it brings. Totally different kind.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:53 AM   #534

Quote:
ahhhhh im enjoying coffee here in the darkness as well. The boys are all scattered all over the house, EXCEPT their rooms lol.

you'll be fine T.. remember this is a choice you are choosing to refrain from eating something. Socializing isnt about the food but the people. Gum etc helps..

You got this!
(Did you just feel that E-hug?)

Old 09-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #535

T- you are so not going to munch can you take some celery sticks, and annoy everyone in the car? LOL

Look at all the hard work you did these last few weeks, when I see people eating bad stuff I think better in their arteries than mine and better on their gut than mine!

Ileen- I had arm skin removed in April 3" of hanging skin off each arm, I cried when I saw my arms and that is what drove me to get moving on the working out! So I am exercising like mad and hoping to get in the best shape possible, I want a breast lift, TT, and thigh lift, I want my plastic surgeon to do it, since there is so much stomach skin, sometimes insurance will cover my cousin works for an insurance cmpany and she is going to help me, I see my PS on Tuesday of this week for him to check my arms and then we are talking turkey, for one its so much money, and I need a month off work, so I have to see if I can swing it, my stomach was over 70" let me tell you that leaves a lot of skin!

Have fun T and I hope your son wins his game!!!!

I am off to spinning at 8:00
Old 09-10-2011, 04:10 AM   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Oh, yeah. Agreed. I want my "crust" thin and crispy, not bloated.

The lifting thing. I know. I guess for each their own. I think it has to do with a person's general disposition. Have you noticed that? People who are very laid back personality, those are the types you seldom see in the gym pushing the weight around. They're more "cruise" type when it comes to fitness.

I"ve never been much good at cruising. I blame that on genetics. I'm in high gear the majority of the time.

That said, I DO love running regardless. It's the euphoria it brings. Totally different kind.
interesting thought there. Personality wise, im extremely laid back but internally driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
(Did you just feel that E-hug?)

Quote:
T- you are so not going to munch can you take some celery sticks, and annoy everyone in the car? LOL

Look at all the hard work you did these last few weeks, when I see people eating bad stuff I think better in their arteries than mine and better on their gut than mine!

Ileen- I had arm skin removed in April 3" of hanging skin off each arm, I cried when I saw my arms and that is what drove me to get moving on the working out! So I am exercising like mad and hoping to get in the best shape possible, I want a breast lift, TT, and thigh lift, I want my plastic surgeon to do it, since there is so much stomach skin, sometimes insurance will cover my cousin works for an insurance cmpany and she is going to help me, I see my PS on Tuesday of this week for him to check my arms and then we are talking turkey, for one its so much money, and I need a month off work, so I have to see if I can swing it, my stomach was over 70" let me tell you that leaves a lot of skin!

Have fun T and I hope your son wins his game!!!!

I am off to spinning at 8:00
gotcha!
that surgery is going to be the icing on the cake! I had to have a reduction lift as well as a tummy tuck (just skin, no muscle repair)5 kiddos and 60lbs fat loss did naught to help that!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:14 AM   #537

Ileen that is good to know I am sure I will be picking your brain! How are the scars? My arms are still a little nasty but he said arms dont heal like your belly, my C-section was vertical and it is so faint now, that will go with the skin, makes me sad!! And a new belly button, uggh it freaks me out but I know my arms drove me like crazy and I think getting fixed fully and at a good goal where I can where stuff will drive me that much further!

I am totally high strung, Tony is the laid back one, I am always doing something, I swear I hit the bed and I am out like a light, I am a worrier, planner, you name it!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #538

I had fabulous recovery, like no pain or meds but i have a high pain tolerance.

scars are SO faint, you can hardly tell in most areas. I just wear a suit that covers it..
I had to have the anchor cut on the breast because there was so much skin to take off. You can barely see them but under a bit more, i got some of the thicker scarring there.. keloids, i think they are a called. The new belly button is cute lol.. I really should have pierced it lol but im a chicken! ha.. after all that..

when you have your tummy tuck, ask the dr about which technique he'll use for the abs.. I hear there is a high definition one, which helps define your abs instead of the skin just being pulled down. I have abs but because the skin was just pulled down, tight, and not muscle repair, i cant see them no matter how lean I get. Had no idea that technique was an option then.

Im so excited for you!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #539

Ileen- yeah I have a high pain tolerance too, my arms didn't even hurt, I took no meds after the first day, I hate Vicodin! Did you get implants too or just a reduction? The anchor incisons look rough on the boobs but everyone that I talked too said that really wasn't bad, I will ask him about the high definition TT, I go Tuesday so I am glad you said that, I am excited to have this hacked, I get rashes all kind of crap from it constantly rubbing and I have to stuff it all in spanx! Horrible! My boobs are like deflated airbags, LOL I always had huge boobs and I gotta say I like not having them now especially with running, Tony is like but you are tall you should have DD's, I said um NO, a nice C will be fine with me, ones that aren't tripping me in the shower, LOL

I dont know how I am going to pay for it all yet, I took some of my fine jewelry from the ex and have it on consignment, and I said I will drive my car til it dies but this is going to me the new me somehow!!!! That is why I want to get myself down as far as possible and keep building muscle to make the recovery easier and the end result better!I just did spin class and my darn thigh skin flaps and makes noise it is just terrible! So gross!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-10-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #540

My boobs were exactly that! DEflatted air balloons that sadly hung down to my belly button. I had to practically rolled them and wear tight sport bras to TRY and keep them in place/in my top. If i could only have done one surgery, it would definitely been the breasts..

I hate big boobs on me.. had them forever.. hated them all that time! Im a small C and want to be/go even smaller.. Doc said no, everyone wants to be bigger.. Errrr NO, not me..
If /when i have to have this replaced im going smaller When i diet down (more contest lean) my boobs shrink more. I like the smaller size (dieted) and hate that i gain there first!

I HAD to have implants put in because my skin intergrity is horrid! I actually had to have a re lift of the skin a yr later because that sagged. Only me.. doc said that's only happened to about 4 patients in 30yrs. yay me I still have a lot of sag but its the best i can expect and its massively improvement from pre op.