Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Twyla- sounds like a good thing, I am so tired tonight I wanted to go to bed at 6, my sons practice was cancelled too thank goodness it is like Ahh, one less thing to do!

I am doing spinning tomorrow morning and hitting it Sunday and Monday lots of parties so I figure extra exercise!!!!! In case I have a slip up, but I am really trying!!!

Enjoy your nice long weekend!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #482
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 232.4/231.2/160
Start Date: 4/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Lynisha. Lyn. Got it!

So how did that workout go this morning? Did that alarm dutifully kick your butt out of bed?

(Awaiting word....????)
I'm Super late T, but I didn't make it this morning; but I got a walk in before I went to get a mani/pani this evening. I'll be at the Gym in the morning.

Hope u ladies had a great one and have a wonderful weekend.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #483

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
I'm Super late T, but I didn't make it this morning; but I got a walk in before I went to get a mani/pani this evening. I'll be at the Gym in the morning.

Hope u ladies had a great one and have a wonderful weekend.
Okay. We'll let you slide. THIS TIME.

Walking is good.

Just keep moving and stay active when you can.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #484

Hey T- thanks for the scale reminder! I know I have to be patient and wait for that darn scale to move, I am not deviating from my plan, I am more resolved than ever to stick to it and just keep working out like I am, and let it happen when its ready. Too many times I then try to change things and set myself back further!

Hope you are having a good weekend!!!

Amber
Old 09-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #485

Update on progress: Began prepping with my coach at my gym on August 15. I began losing SCALE weight at first, but after the first 8 days or so, I began to gain scale weight. I would plateau, lose, gain again, and that cycled has continued. It was a bit discouraging, but I was seeing results, leaning, noticeable definition in the mirror, clothes fitting better, and I would not be daunted. I kept my chin up and continued with my training/cardio/diet as expected of me.

As of today, I was only 1 pound lighter on the scale since the 15th of August, BUT!!!! she measured me this afternoon, two places on the arms, two places on the thighs, two places on the hips, two places on the abs, and top of bust/back area (bra fat area). I lost inches in every single area --- EVERY SINGLE AREA. Yet the scale shows only one pound difference. I lost one inch off the top of each thigh alone, and in only that short amount of time.

If I were to have let the scale discourage me as I watched it creep upward, I might have said F this, I'm gonna eat a donut. To hell with the exercise and the diet.

I didn't.

Today I went to the mall to have some rest/recovery Me Time, and while there I tried on jeans. I bought two new pair, one a Size 4, one a Size 6. I'm thrilled.

I share this for anyone who happens into my journal, discouraged by scale fluctuations, despite their adherence to exercise and diet. Leave the scale the hell alone and focus on your plan.

Rewards WILL come.

(Now...off to highlight my hair...)

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-05-2011 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #486

T- that is awesome !!!!! All those inches lost in less than 3 weeks, means you are one hard working, weight pushing mama!!!!! I know you are so right about the scale, rationally I know why the scale fluctuates, but darn it ticks me off, like when you pass up desserts the little weight loss fairy should come and adjust your scale with an automatic 3 pound drop, LOL It is true I am trying to be positive, it is just sooooooooooooooo hard!! Of course if I were buying size 4 jeans I don't think I would care how much I weighed, LOL.

I am cutting the carbs back further this week, I dont want to go crazy low carb, but I am going to stick to around 50 net, and see if that pushes some weight, everything is getting close, I felt good eating the way I am, but since I really want to make this goal by the wedding I think I need to push it further!

Yesterday I jacked a bunch of weights, I did 325 on the leg press, 3 sets x 12, that is the most I ever did, today I am moving the bench presses up to 95 pounds, I am going to try jacking all the weights this week and see if that helps, not sure if that will do it or not.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great, you are a huge motivation, and I am wishing all good things for you!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
T- that is awesome !!!!! All those inches lost in less than 3 weeks, means you are one hard working, weight pushing mama!!!!!
I am cutting the carbs back further this week, I dont want to go crazy low carb, but I am going to stick to around 50 net, and see if that pushes some weight, everything is getting close, I felt good eating the way I am, but since I really want to make this goal by the wedding I think I need to push it further!
Yesterday I jacked a bunch of weights, I did 325 on the leg press, 3 sets x 12, that is the most I ever did, today I am moving the bench presses up to 95 pounds, I am going to try jacking all the weights this week and see if that helps, not sure if that will do it or not.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great, you are a huge motivation, and I am wishing all good things for you!!!!

Thank you, Amber.

And about that carb adjustment, I was sort of waiting to see how you progressed before I mentioned this, but I was quite certain, based on my own experience, that you would experience stalls at some point and that carb cycling would be the next approach for you. You're doing BFFM, and in his book Venuto mentions this as a very effective means for fat burning and busting through plateaus. Check out that chapter.

But I will share this quote with you from my very dear friend Btinc who has been my mentor and Godsend in my journey, and I feel that he sums it up very well and articulately:

Quote:
Manipulation of Carbs for More Efficient Fat Burning

"On low and medium days, and even high days if still in a deficit, the presence of carbs during the rotation gives you a temporary energy to work with, but not enough to make up for the energy going out for the entire work day. The body has to make up for that energy and switches over to body fat for energy to burn. High protein intake keeps the body from using lean tissue for energy. Then the high day tricks the body into thinking there is plenty of food coming in and it can release body fat for energy. The more you can make the body to think it's not dieting the better, until the last 10, then the deficit grows. But at some point most people will need a drastic low, then the quick rebound of the medium or high.

As for weight fluctuating upward after a high day, anytime you eat carbs you will have some water binding at the cell level, that is normal. However, if you can't get that back down in a day or so on a low day, then the carbs need to be adjusted down."
You will want to play with your numbers for a while until you find the right FIT for you, both for satiety, energy and all round balance. There is no right/wrong way to carb cycling. It's all about SHAKING IT UP to get your metabolism moving again. Your body has adapted to what you're throwing at it, both in fuel and in workouts (homeostasis), so it's time to confuse that bad boy.

Keeping your workouts varied will also help. Some days lift heavy, lower reps; other days higher reps, lower weight. Never do the same exerices for the same muscle group. Throw new stuff in throughout the week. No two routines for a given week should be the same. Even in the ORDER that you do the exercises. Example, on a back day, if you START with rows one day, end with rows the next time you work the back. Lots of way to tweak your training.

Sounds like you have a grip on the attitude. That's gonna be key to perserverence in tough times. You got it. Work it. Claim it!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #488

yeah T, 4 weeks til we leave for the wedding, like could the timing be worse for pressure to make a darn goal? That is why I thought OK I will cut the carbs and see what that does, maybe I better think about mixing them up more, some lower some higher and see what that does, I am going to cut calories by 200 and see what that does, one thing I know, my body is extremely carb sensitive as I lost the bulk of this through low carb, so I have to remember that, and my daily carb limits are probably going to be lower than I hoped I would end up at even with all the exercise. One thing I was doing pretty well maintaining, so that gives me some hope. But for now when I still need to lose I have to look at this long and hard. I really hate weekends, like the work week is so routine and weekends it is so easy to just veer off course, not necessarily cheating but eating times are different, gym schedule is different, I dont think I drink as much water as filling my water bottles at my desk, etc, not sure how to fix that exactly except pull those reigns in a little more!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #489

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
awesome work T!!

Results dont only come on the scale. I venture to say the leaner you get, they might not even be able to be measured.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #490

Fat Loss and The law of Diminishing Returns

You might like this read by Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Ledin, Leanbodies Consulting
Fat Loss And The Law of Diminishing Returns

One thing I find myself having to explain often to clients is that fat loss slows as you go. Those big numerical changes you experienced in the beginning when you're body fat was much higher? It's completely unrealistic to expect that to continue. At the same time when body fat is higher those big numerical changes don't transfer into visual improvements (Paper Towel Analogy anyone?) yet when you're leaner and the numerical changes are less, fat loss is slower, etc., you wind up seeing more of it. The bottom line though is that fat loss slows down as you progress and get leaner as each successive pound of fat you lose represents a greater percentage of the fat remaining on your body and your body's desire to fight further fat loss climbs.

We all have heard, or even experienced, that the last 5-10 lbs are harder to get off than the first 5-10 lbs. This is one of the physiological reasons why.

As you get down to the nitty gritty you tend to have to work harder, adhere better, be even more consistently on plan ... for less results. Really, it is what it is. This is reality and the sooner you accept it the better, because at least then you know what to expect in your journey. Anything else is simply unrealistic and is going to lead to disappointment when you see less progress for what seems like a lot, and arguably more, work. But if you want to take it to the next level? You'll have to deal with this.

It's the Law of Diminishing Returns. BUT, this is what separates the good from the great when it comes to physiques and the impressive 'finished product'.

Another point that is very important to realize early on is that fat loss is not a linear phenomenon. I sometimes get emails from clients that say, “I want to lose 1 lb/week every week”, or “I want to lose 2lbs/week and I've got 30 lbs to lose so I should be at my end goal in 15 weeks ... right?” Put your calculator away.

Newflash – not going to happen. I mean it could happen, but going in with this expectation is flawed and I'd put money on the fact that it won't happen. And if you don't lose 2 lbs in one week? It doesn't mean things aren't progressing, your program needs to be adjusted, you have to do more cardio, or whatever other justification for the scale not making you happy you can come up with. Fat loss is not a magically linear process. Ever. There are peaks and valleys to progress and that's perfectly normal. There are going to be weeks where things just don't seem to be happening for you. That's ok. Because there's also going to be weeks where things seem to be progressing very well. It is all part of the bigger picture of PROGRESS. Real, lasting progress happens over time and is cumulative. Allow it to happen.

It's normal. Expect it. Accept it. You'll save yourself a lot of mental and emotional anguish along the way.

In addition something else to keep in mind is that as you get leaner and leaner your ability to measure or quantify your progress, whether by the scale (in isolation, arguably the least reliable assessment tool), measurements, body fat, etc., will decrease as well. Progress will become more qualitative and less quantitative. For example, let's take improvements in vascularity; how would we quantify this? You can't measure it. So what if you're tracking weight, measurements, even body fat (a complete and utter waste of time in my opinion, but that's a topic for another day), and much to your disappointment, in spite of SEEING visible evidence of progress (notably increased vascularity for example), the numbers haven't budged.

Does this mean you haven't progressed? Because the 'numbers' say you haven't? See the issue here? The lower your body fat gets, the less numerical changes you're going to see in terms of body weight, and measurements especially, so the relevance and usefulness of 'numbers' becomes less and less. Remember this as it's an important point – it goes from quantitative to qualitative with time.

It is very easy to get caught up in the numbers; I too use numbers as part of my biweekly assessment, but from a coaching standpoint I also recognize their limitations, and no one tool of assessment in isolation is of much use. We all know how unreliable bodyweight can be, measurements too can be unreliable – self-measured errors, reliability in marking the same spots to measure, and even just the fact that only a handful of spots are tracked. What about progress over the rest of your body? Maybe if you moved your tape measure up or two a few inches you'd have seen some decreases there. So again, keeping context in place here is important.

Numbers, whether weight, body fat percentages or even measurements, when you start placing too much focus on them, can just become an added source of pressure. You start defining success and failure or progress and a lack of progress solely by what the numbers tell you. And as has been the point here, that's very limiting, especially the leaner you get.

It's fine to use them, but make sure you're not placing too much weight on any singular assessment tool. Every means of monitoring progress should be done in context of all the other ways you're assessing progress as well. They all work together to give you a better picture of what's happening than any one tool in isolation. Sometimes trying to quantify and measure everything turns out to be your enemy not your friend as we start to obsess over numbers.

Scott Abel calls this trap “Quantification Syndrome” where we basically try to measure absolutely everything, whether truly relevant or not and it can 'dilute and dissolve an individual's qualitative differences. Too much quantification kills, the program; it doesn't enhance it."

And to reiterate one more time, we need to keep in mind that progress does not move in a straight line between Point A, where you started, and Point B, where you want to go; as you get leaner, it gets harder to get leaner. It is always non-linear. But still, you just have to put your head down and grind it out. Focus on process goals, behaviours that support what you're trying to do, and the results will take care of themselves over time.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
You might like this read by Erik
Ileen, thank you.

And thank you, thank you, thank you for the article of Erik's. Very valid, eye-opening points he has made especially regarding where I find myself NOW at this stage of my journey.

One minute I'm nervous as hell, the next I'm excited and smokin' with encouragement from the little things that I'm beginning to notice. I've never been this defined. Ever. That alone is enough to make me wanna go, "Yeah, BayBay!" I'm getting stronger and leaner and it's very fascinating to me. And yet only days ago I was mentally stressing because the scale had been on an upward swing for several days.

Today was back day at the gym, and I was loving it. I had 50 mins to get in and get out, because I had commitments following the gym. There is one guy there is who incredibly nice, friendly, likeable, etc., but uh, he talks too much? I had ear plugs in. Is that not a clue? And I like to really jam, so I have the volume cranked. He approaches me and I see his lips moving. No clue what he's saying. I yank out my ear plugs, having just finished a set, and I listened to his story, and it went on and on and on....(I need that shirt, "Shut Up and Lift.") I'm there to work. Maybe he's just there to work AND socialize.

I take this so very seriously. My time is precious. Every minute of it. I don't want to seem rude, but I'm on a mission, and I gotta make it count.

Thanks again for all the help you continue to be to me, all the support, encouragement, articles. All of it. Means a lot.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #492

Oh T, I hate the talkers, OMG and I really hate them when they want to talk to my trainer that I am paying, OMG I get so ticked, LOL I dont mind if I am on the elliptical when they are beside me, but working with weights, oh no back off, LOL

Ileen- very good article, it is all true, but man we rely on that scale its like ingrained in us. I suppose I should focus on the people that notice the the changes in me when they dont see me, and right away I am like I only lost 5 pounds since you saw me, I should say I lost 5 pounds but gained some good muscle, I just still have a long way to go, and I have to consider the skin, I am 5'10 I think being 160 or 170 with some good muscle might be OK, I dont think I am ever going to be 125 pounds unless I am dead!!! LOL

T- I read up on carb cycling, I am going to try the high/med/low days and see what happens!!!!! I figure it cant be worse than gaining now and following the plan, lots of variation on that too, so just have to try it and see what happens, as the guru guy reminded me, I didnt eat 15,000 calories so I didnt gain fat!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #493

AMBER, tossed you a suggestion in your journal re carb rotations. Should be good for you. Best of luck on that

Good run this morning. A bit cooler out. Energy steady and helpful. Felt stronger, lighter, leaner.

I'm warming up to grapefruits ... slowly. Actually this morning it wasn't nearly as bad. So it might be a mental thing. Same with egg whites. I figured out a way to make them taste better -- seasonings and chili powder. Sounds gross, but it's better than plain. I'm all about spices, so it works for me.

Lateral delts on tap for today. Burn em out.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #494

i make an eggwhite pizza with mine.

Heat skillet HOT, pour, not beat, eggwhites, season..

cook well, near crispy. Are you allowed spinach? Its free on my plan.. smidge or salsa smeared on eggwhite, then layer with sliced spinach leaves, red pepper flakes and spices..
cover skillet but leave lid cracked and continue to 'melt' the spinach/let the whites get crispy.

another option, sweet
sprinkle with stevia in the raw and cinn once well cooked on both sides.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #495

Quote:
i make an eggwhite pizza with mine.

Heat skillet HOT, pour, not beat, eggwhites, season..

cook well, near crispy. Are you allowed spinach? Its free on my plan.. smidge or salsa smeared on eggwhite, then layer with sliced spinach leaves, red pepper flakes and spices..
cover skillet but leave lid cracked and continue to 'melt' the spinach/let the whites get crispy.

another option, sweet
sprinkle with stevia in the raw and cinn once well cooked on both sides.
DOLL BABY! I should have known that YOU'D have good suggestions for this aversion of mine.

Both sound wonderful. Yes, tons of spinach, no problem. I'm gonna try both right away.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #496

I have tons of ways of expanding a meal an on plan meal just asked.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #497

I was going to suggest the cinnamon on them, I love that it is almost like a pancake if you use your imagination!!! LOL

I buy the liquid egg whites in a box, even though they cost more I cant handle separating eggs and it feels wasteful, LOL Plus it is quick and easy to measure.

I love egg whites in a LC tortilla with salsa, that is my favorite weekend breakfast!

Grapefruits, ughgh they are good broiled with a little slenda, something about eating them makes them taste sweeter! And when Tony slices them all up pretty I like them better I am lazy!

I got your message so I am going to try 5 low days and 2 high, and see how that goes, my low day is still around 15% carbs Tom says get to 25% but I think that is too high, do you eat less calories on those days as well? And more on the high days? I was thinking if 2564 is my TDEE then doing like 2200 on high and 1800 on low? It is all very confusing!!!! That should still give me a good caloric deficit and some good weight loss I hope!!! I had been sticking to 2000 a day on BFFM, and looking back I did lose a good 10 pounds in 2 months, I just want to lose faster now, but it does make me hopeful for maintenance someday. All this planning, ughghg it is so hard figuring it all out!
That should get me close to 2 pounds per week with the calorie deficit and the workout calories burned, I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #498

Quote:

I got your message so I am going to try 5 low days and 2 high, and see how that goes, my low day is still around 15% carbs Tom says get to 25% but I think that is too high, do you eat less calories on those days as well? And more on the high days? I was thinking if 2564 is my TDEE then doing like 2200 on high and 1800 on low? It is all very confusing!!!! That should still give me a good caloric deficit and some good weight loss I hope!!! I had been sticking to 2000 a day on BFFM, and looking back I did lose a good 10 pounds in 2 months, I just want to lose faster now, but it does make me hopeful for maintenance someday. All this planning, ughghg it is so hard figuring it all out!
That should get me close to 2 pounds per week with the calorie deficit and the workout calories burned, I am keeping my fingers crossed!
I agree, 25% is too much for low days. For low days, I'd stick to 50 or under. On low days, if you need satiety, you can up the fat. But not on high days. High days are higher in both cals and carbs, but the fat should be kept low for best absorption of the carbs into the system. Protein should be kept relatively high on all days to spare muscle.

Calorie wise, stick to the lower end of your deficit window for calories. High days, go to maintenance level or TDEE on those days for cals. So maybe do three days low, one day high; two days low, one day high. Evaluate that, how your body responds after a week, and spread the highs further out if you need to.

It's confusing at first, but then it becomes second nature, no thinking to it. You just KNOW what to eat, what not, how much, etc. I'm somewhat a creature of habit anyway, and I enjoy eating many of the same foods over and over. So once you enter all your food into ****** (or whatever), balance out your macros, you sort of KNOW what food works on what days.

Anxious to see how it works for you.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #499

Quote:
I have tons of ways of expanding a meal an on plan meal just asked.
Yes, no doubt about THAT.

So....what about Tilapia? How do you season yours? Do you cook up a few days worth (since it's fish?) or just cook what you need per meal?

The chicken is no problem; I'm a wizard on cooking chicken. Just trying to find interesting ways to season Tilapia.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #500

If/ when I eat it. Just pan 'fry' with some Ms dash. I can sub any lean protein ans we gay top sirloin every day
Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #501

Quote:
If/ when I eat it. Just pan 'fry' with some Ms dash. I can sub any lean protein ans we gay top sirloin every day
I haven't inquired about subbing lean protein yet, but it's on my (very long) list of questions.

Beef is off limits at this stage for me.

Editing: Just googled and came up with this winner, sans the olive oil...maybe make it work with just Pam.

Quote:
Marinated Grilled Tilapia
4 tilapia fillets
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tablespoon Mediterranean Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
2 minced garlic cloves
Hot sauce to taste

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients, except fillets, in a large lidded container and shake well
2. Place fillets in marinade and shake to coat the fillets
3. Marinate fish for 30 minutes
4. Set grill to high heat and cook 3-4 minutes per side

Serves: 4

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-07-2011 at 10:54 AM..
Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #502

what's with the grapefruit?

no beef??
Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #503

Quote:
what's with the grapefruit?

no beef??

Just part of my current protocol. It changes often. Works for me. So far, no issues.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #504

Fish- I like fat free chicken stock, a little fresh lemon juice and capers, I love capers on all fish, a big old pat of butter would be lovely, but since I cant have that I opted for the stock, LOL

Tiliapia- fat free mayo, fat free source cream, crushed garlic and a little shredded parm smear it on and bake, yummy, I thought it was going to be weird but really good. I never pre cook fish, just something about eating heated up fish gags me, LOL

Now that I wasted all day calculating everything, I find a site that did it all for me, LOL Oh well it is still too high on carbs, but geez!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #505

Quote:
Fish- I like fat free chicken stock, a little fresh lemon juice and capers, I love capers on all fish, a big old pat of butter would be lovely, but since I cant have that I opted for the stock, LOL

Tiliapia- fat free mayo, fat free source cream, crushed garlic and a little shredded parm smear it on and bake, yummy, I thought it was going to be weird but really good. I never pre cook fish, just something about eating heated up fish gags me, LOL

Now that I wasted all day calculating everything, I find a site that did it all for me, LOL Oh well it is still too high on carbs, but geez!!!!
Good suggestions on the Tilapia, and ditto on the re-heated fish "thang."

And NO, you haven't wasted all day. It's likely been enlightening, a perfect learning experience for you. You've gained knowledge and familiarity with macronutrients of certain food groups. Knowledge, knowledge, knowledge....it equals power, girlfriend.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #506

My head is spinning like the girl in the exorcist, LOL But you are right it is encouraging to hear about people having success, it seems to work for all types, those trying to gain muscle only and those trying to lose fat, it does take some careful food selection!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #507

T- gotta tell you I was reading back in your journal to 2006 when you started BFFM, OMG you were just like me with the scale thing, you had a pic in there from vacation, that was 5 years ago, can I just say you look not only younger but your arms are majorly ripped!!! OMG this gives me hope of how much I can improve in 5 years!!! And the fact that you have only perfected your eating and exercise in that 5 year period, its all a journey!!!!

It is so frustrating trying to balance ourselves out again, I really feel like eating some healthy carbs is the best thing for me and I have to just not worry about the scale and meeting this goal by the wedding I know it will come if I just keep doing what I am doing, but I am going to give the carb cycling a 2 weeks try and see what happens, I was way up today but I expected that given yesterday was a high carb day!

I am planning I found 3 nutritional stores in Vegas, I am going to load up when we get there on protein drinks so I can take them with and not cheat so I fit in my gown, LOL I am eating wedding cake though!! And sushi at our favorite sushi place but I told Tony it has to be after the wedding!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-08-2011 at 06:40 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #508

Quote:
T- gotta tell you I was reading back in your journal to 2006 when you started BFFM, OMG you were just like me with the scale thing, you had a pic in there from vacation, that was 5 years ago, can I just say you look not only younger but your arms are majorly ripped!!! OMG this gives me hope of how much I can improve in 5 years!!! And the fact that you have only perfected your eating and exercise in that 5 year period, its all a journey!!!!

It is so frustrating trying to balance ourselves out again, I really feel like eating some healthy carbs is the best thing for me and I have to just not worry about the scale and meeting this goal by the wedding I know it will come if I just keep doing what I am doing, but I am going to give the carb cycling a 2 weeks try and see what happens, I was way up today but I expected that given yesterday was a high carb day!

I am planning I found 3 nutritional stores in Vegas, I am going to load up when we get there on protein drinks so I can take them with and not cheat so I fit in my gown, LOL I am eating wedding cake though!! And sushi at our favorite sushi place but I told Tony it has to be after the wedding!
Good morning, Amber. I'm sitting here at my laptop in the courtroom, court ready to start any minute. Once it does, I will exit hastily. But while I have a moment, wanted to encourage you about the patience and balance thing. IT IS A JOURNEY. These changes and habits that have to be formed can't happen overnight, but you are laying the groundwork for long-time success, girl. Yes, I remember when I first started BFFM, how SCARED I was of carbs and their effect on daily scale weight....OH, PULEEZE. How we live and learn. And yes, I've come a long way, BAY-BAY.

Which brings me to: Yes, try not to weigh the day after a high carb day. It is NOT FAT GAIN. It is water being retained from the ramped up carbs, glycogen to the muscle, and fuel to the body/soul. Let it happen. Keep focused. Work it, girl. It all comes together if you TRUST IN YOURSELF AND IN YOUR PLAN.

Now knock that down today and the next two days to 50 or so, keep that fat higher if you need to for satiety, and drink your water. Then if you must, weigh again on the morning of your next high carb day.

I know, it's unnerving to see those numbers go up when you begin eating carbs. But it would be different if you were eating donuts, pies, chips, CARBAGE. You're not. You are giving your body the fuel it needs to reset, grow LBM, and recharge. You're shaking that body up. You're confusing the H out of it. Atta girl.

You keep a smile on your face today. DO NOT BE DAUNTED.

Good idea on the protein thing. You can keep a supply of whey in your room and take a little bowl/spoon with you. Make some protein pudding in a flash when you need to take the edge off, have that with a cup of green tea or coffee. Maybe take a little container (less than 3 oz) of nat PB along too. Make a proteinPB cookie in the microwave. You can do this.

Continue your mission....I'm watchin' from afar.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #509

I was up and I expected it, it seems like it says I need so many calories that is really what scares me, but like for example today is low carb day I put in everything for my 6 meals, and it comes to
1834 calories, should be at 1967
25% fat- that is on, its hard not to have not fat and do low carb
18% carbs, that is 81 gross but 38 net after fiber and Sugar alcohols says should be 25% but that seems too high for me. The fiber is coming from All Bran I am going to eat pre and post workout, along with the whey powder!
57%protein- should be 45% so I basically subbed protein for lack of addtional carbs

So hard to plan this one day and now to plan tomorrow, ughhghgh, LOL, good old low carb sees so easy when you could have 80% fat, LOL

Last edited by Bejewelme; 09-08-2011 at 08:15 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #510

Quote:
I was up and I expected it, it seems like it says I need so many calories that is really what scares me, but like for example today is low carb day I put in everything for my 6 meals, and it comes to
1834 calories, should be at 1967
25% fat- that is on, its hard not to have not fat and do low carb
18% carbs, that is 81 gross but 38 net after fiber and Sugar alcohols says should be 25% but that seems too high for me. The fiber is coming from All Bran I am going to eat pre and post workout, along with the whey powder!
57%protein- should be 45% so I basically subbed protein for lack of addtional carbs

So hard to plan this one day and now to plan tomorrow, ughhghgh, LOL, good old low carb sees so easy when you could have 80% fat, LOL
It might help to figure up about five or six meals, zone them out for your ratios, then let those be GO-TO meals for youR low carb days, then do the same for your high carb days. Then work on a couple more “standard” type meals to make it simple Then if you have a DIFFERENT meal, you only have to worry with zoning out that one meal for the day, based on the others.

Also, careful on the fiber post workout, and/or taken with whey. Fiber slows down the absorption of both carbs and protein. You want that protein in there fast, not slowly digested. That’s the one time you don’t want fiber, around workouts.

BBL…