LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Thank you T- it really shocked me that night like holy moly I did change, LOL

It sounds like your plan is going really well!!!!! I know you will be awesome, the no wine is a bummer, I am missing a drink here and there too, but you know it is worth it!!!! I am trying so hard, I have been on line all week printing muscle diet recipes to try and make some protein muffins or something so I don't cave to something bad, I feel so good I don't want to cheat on something worthless, you know?

I am trying some brownies made with the myofusion, will see how they turn out. The post workout thing always gets me since I get home from the gym and then make dinner so I drink a shake pre workout and then a piece of fruit after than make dinner, I guess I should be eating higher carbs before too? I usually do a shake with skim milk before?

The timing is what gets me like how soon before working out to eat==and I know get carbs like within 30 minutes after?

I am trying to eat the biggest carbs for breakfast and lunch since I workout at 4:00 then fruit after workout then dinner is usually protein and veggies. THe peaches are so so delicious right now, I think that is why I am not craving junk, after no fruit for year even small doses taste so much better!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #452

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
...I am trying so hard, I have been on line all week printing muscle diet recipes to try and make some protein muffins or something so I don't cave to something bad, I feel so good I don't want to cheat on something worthless, you know?

Have you tried the Protein Oatmeal No-Bakes yet?

I am trying some brownies made with the myofusion, will see how they turn out. The post workout thing always gets me since I get home from the gym and then make dinner so I drink a shake pre workout and then a piece of fruit after than make dinner, I guess I should be eating higher carbs before too? I usually do a shake with skim milk before?

The timing is what gets me like how soon before working out to eat==and I know get carbs like within 30 minutes after?

I am trying to eat the biggest carbs for breakfast and lunch since I workout at 4:00 then fruit after workout then dinner is usually protein and veggies. THe peaches are so so delicious right now, I think that is why I am not craving junk, after no fruit for year even small doses taste so much better!!!!!
Ideally you should have a whey shake post workout because whey protein works fast getting into the blood stream with the necessary amino acids and nutrients for muscle recovery when needed most, preferrably within 15-30 mins of your workout.
Having a fast-acting carb along with it is good for replenishment of glycogen and helps speed the recovery process as well. Then if you can, wait a bit before that first post workout meal.
Having the shake before is fine, as long as you've had a bit of carbs earlier in the day before your workout. The shake will serve as muscle sparing. If you're already carbed up sufficiently, the PRE shake isn't as crucial, esp if you're getting adequate protein over the course of the day.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #453

My run with my neighbor last night went well...actually quite fun. She's working toward graduating C25K, and she's been on vacation, sort of got out of her routine and proper mindset, and she was hoping my running with her would push her. She's at Week ?, the two 10-min runs intervaled with 3 mins walks. At the end of the second ten, she gasped a whine, "Oh my gosh..." I replied, "You can do this, E, you can do this, we're approaching the end...focus on the finish line." AND SHE DID. AND SHE FINISHED. It was beautifully euphoric. Reciprocated euphoria. Life is good.

We hydrated ourselves afterward, then I took her aside and showed her some exercises she could begin with to start on her weight lifting. She's never lifted. Clueless. Hmm. Where to begin.... So I showed her two exercises for each muscle group. I made sure she was using proper form. I gave her a set of my DB's to use. She's gonna try doing this 2-3 x a week, total body for a while. She's really jacked about it. She's a wonderful friend...she's lost a lot of weight, and her confidence is out the roof. So happy to see her realizing her goals.

Headed out for my morning cardio. Another busy day. Medial delts on the agenda today. BRING IT ON.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #454

Thanks for that T- maybe I will quit the shake before and do it after, we ordered a bunch of different flavors of some new proteins, so I will try them, I am glad Tony drinks them too, then maybe if I don't like them he does, LOL He is drinking that Up your Mass, eating 5000 calories and still cant gain weight, bugger that he is!!!! He has only gained like 2 pounds in over 2 months, he is so mad, I am like geez I am struggling to get 2 pounds off me, LOL

Yep I make those bars and I have them, I froze them so I have to remember to pull them out. I added too much water to the last batch, then it gets sort of sticky, gotta go slower with the water when I make them again!

Going to go to the gym this morning before the winds and rains come! Looks like Irene is going to be a bugger, stay safe!!!

Going to try to tighten up the eating even further this week, need to eat every 3 hours this week I seemed to miss some of the meals so I am hoping that doesnt effect the weight loss I will be happy with any loss come Monday!!!

T- yeah on your friend and the running, it is so much better with someone there to push you through she is on week 6, 2/3 there!!!! I know how she feels, like for me the running is the worst, it is so hard, and when I finish, I feel like I just won the Olympics or something, LOL I am excited for your friend, I know exactly how she feels!!!! I would love to have a fried to run with I like when Bobby and I run it keeps me going having him beside me!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 08-27-2011 at 04:43 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #455

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Morning Ladies!

T loving the motivation and energy!

Amber, you look AMAZING!!! My goodness, it looks like you lost half yourself from that first picture in the dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Things are going really well with my prep. Fuel is adequate and satiating, and the splits are mean as hell, so they're gettin' it done. I find I'm doing the things I like the least -- the ones that require the most grit and effort -- FIRST, then finishing out with the remainder of the agenda.

It's all been a huge rush for me. I'm really excited, especially seeing the changes that are taking place in my body, the increase in strength, and the definition beginning to really pop.

I'm trying really hard to give up wine until mid November. That is my biggest hurdle, it seems. But so far, I'm hanging in there. I made it through last weekend with no wine, and here it is Friday, and I'm REALLY craving my Ergo. But I'm gonna try to adhere to plan and see where it takes me.

I can do this if I concentrate and focus and believe in myself, trust myself.

Coach doesnt let his clients drink either.

Quote:
Ideally you should have a whey shake post workout because whey protein works fast getting into the blood stream with the necessary amino acids and nutrients for muscle recovery when needed most, preferrably within 15-30 mins of your workout.
Having a fast-acting carb along with it is good for replenishment of glycogen and helps speed the recovery process as well. Then if you can, wait a bit before that first post workout meal.
Having the shake before is fine, as long as you've had a bit of carbs earlier in the day before your workout. The shake will serve as muscle sparing. If you're already carbed up sufficiently, the PRE shake isn't as crucial, esp if you're getting adequate protein over the course of the day.

we are allowed a shake or easy lean protein like fish or eggwhites (i make egg white pizza PRE and post work out.
post workout after training, we have a starchy carb and lean protein. PRE workout, the same, Lean protein (can have fats in this meal though) and starchy carbs.. You can taper them the rest of the time though.

Last edited by inatic; 08-27-2011 at 05:37 AM..
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #456

"Amber, you look AMAZING!!! My goodness, it looks like you lost half yourself from that first picture in the dress! "

Lets see I lost Twyla, LOL That is why so much skin but its OK I know it will come off eventually I want to get myself in the best shape possible before the surgeries.

Who is a woman who's physique you admire, I think that Ava Cowan and Felicia Romero are built really nice, always being so fat I always thought skinny was so attractive, I think tony is nuts when he says he doenst find skinny attractive, now looking at muscular women, they are so much sexier and healthier looking, so I am trying to surround myself with those images to keep me going!

I had a killer workout and then came home and ran a mile at the track with the boys, Tony is up to .5 mile, Bobby ran the whole mile with me, he is excited about the race, I feel good I feel like I really punished myself today, I increased my weights on a bunch of machines and really enjoyed it, I am glad I am feeling comfortable without my trainer, I had to psych myself up more like I did it for months I can do it again, ideally I want to lose 30 pounds before surgery but for now I just want to see 198, that is all my tunnel vision can see!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #457

Quote:

Interesting...

As I reflect back to when I began the second act of my journal,

this post seems almost...prophetic.

It's all coming together now.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #458

So true T we fight for what we want!!!!!!

I am glad you feel yourself coming full circle, that is a good place to be!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #459

Have a good week, you can do it!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #460

Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly.
Taste the relish to be found in competition - in having put forth the best within you.

-- Henry J. Kaiser

That motivational quote was messaged to me this morning on FB by my son's girlfriend, a sweet, warming stimulus that enlivened my spirit in the quiet hours of dawn as I sipped my coffee. I smiled broadly, galvanized in mind and body.

The last few days I've found myself smack dab in the middle of "The Grind." The newness has worn off. My body is protesting a little more. The food, the planning, the preparation, the routine(s) are getting somewhat repetious. Bedtime doesn't seem to come soon enough. And there never seems to be enough time in the day anymore. Yet driven by pure will and desire, I'm gritting my teeth and pushing through this somehow. The Grind.

I first read about The Grind from Lean Bodies guru, Erik. It reverberated with my heart and soul and has remained a favorite.

I share it once more:

Quote:
The Grind

The Grind is that time in your physique transformation where you just put your head down and grind it out.

It’s often the time between the initial fast “newbie” results and the final results. Changes are occurring in your body, but you may not see them from week to week.
Mentally, The Grind is also where some of that new program and new diet enthusiasm wears off and it all becomes routine, even boring. There’s nothing left to do or say really; you just work the plan, day to day to day.

But toward the end of The Grind, what’ll happen is that you’ll glance back at your “befores” and realize you’ve made some major changes. Other people will begin to notice. And that positive feedback will reignite the enthusiasm. And that will cause you to kick the training up a notch, leading to more results.

I think The Grind applies to life in general too, not just to losing fat and gaining muscle. There are simply times when we have to put aside all distractions (even the good ones), put our heads down, grit our teeth, and grind it out. At the end of The Grind lies an achievement, something great, or some reward or pay-off. But The Grind always comes first.

Thing is, most people won’t make this sacrifice; they won’t even begin The Grind, much less finish it. And that’s why most people don’t succeed. The Grind is often what separates the great from the average. It’s as simple as that sometimes.
Morning runs refresh my mind and body like nothing else. I love the way they leave me energized. I gotta admit, I far prefer morning runs over evening runs, maybe because I'm rather spent by the time evening gets here, and the bed is far more inviting than pounding the pavement at day's end. And I love having the world to myself at that hour -- well, except for having to dodge the Newspaper Guy as he makes his Mach Four rounds in his white SUV, throughout our neighborhood...(I must remember to buy some neon cuffs or something, maybe a strobe headband?????) -- and I can concentrate on just me, my breath, my rhythm, my pace, my music, my accomplishment. And then I stretch, long, gently, completely. And my day begins once more.

My food prepared the night before, I pack my bag and plan my day ahead: Shoulders and Arms. Build it, Baby.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #461

T-
That was a really good post for today, coming up on week 3 of really sticking to this, and man the prep is a killer,so much time and thought goes in to making food, making sure I remember all the stuff I made to take to work, going to the gym night after night, my running is ticking me off, Tony says I lost my motivation with the race being cancelled, and I probably have I think I wear myself at the gym, which is still my favorite place that I have nothing left to give to running, I am getting so close to this first goal and it seems like it cant come quick enough. Some days you just want to dive head first into a pizza and ice cream sundae!

And you know one of my co-workers smelled my muscle head chili for lunch, he said Amber we have to come to your house to learn to cook healthier and lose weight, he said you are so fit now it is amazing, I said do you mean it Rich, you think I am fit not fat, he said you are not fat anymore, I don't know why you cant see it, you out fit 95% of the people that work here with your running, the push ups, your meals, etc. I started crying and he is like Oh no, what did I say, I said I just cant belive that with this nasty skin, and all still hanging around, you think I am fit!

That totally changed my demeanor today!!!! It still kills me when someone says I look fit or toned, when I was pure marshmallow fluff for so long, or when Tony touches me and says babe I cant believe your leg muscles, I think we just go through all the motions but never realize how far we have brought ourselves. It is a full transformation inside and out, and it is the sheer determination that keeps us going, diet and exercise is one thing, but it is the drive and desire that is to be commended the time we put into planning our cardio/ work out/ food/shopping/ balance of family life etc!

All I know is I have 2 hours til I hit the gym and I cant wait.

You can do it T, you got the stuff, you just keep chipping away at it!!! You make running in the morning sound so wonderful I sure am hoping I can get that feeling back, cause nothing challenges me more than running, or makes me sweat like running.

Its all a big pain sometimes, so much planning, so much that it interferes with things we want to do, but to be at that final goal will all be worth it. You are going to be holding one big trophy!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #462

Quote:
T-
.... I think I wear myself [out] at the gym, which is still my favorite place that I have nothing left to give to running......

Think about it. You said it. Lifting kicks our butts. Remember that, and ease up on yourself, girl.

I am getting so close to this first goal and it seems like it cant come quick enough. Some days you just want to dive head first into a pizza and ice cream sundae!

No, you don't want that crap. It's worse than drugs, lacing our veins with lethargy and fires up our fat cells like helium balloons!

And you know one of my co-workers smelled my muscle head chili for lunch, he said Amber we have to come to your house to learn to cook healthier and lose weight, he said you are so fit now it is amazing, I said do you mean it Rich, you think I am fit not fat, he said you are not fat anymore, I don't know why you cant see it, you out fit 95% of the people that work here with your running, the push ups, your meals, etc. I started crying and he is like Oh no, what did I say, I said I just cant belive that with this nasty skin, and all still hanging around, you think I am fit! That totally changed my demeanor today!!!!

Bless Rich's heart. That man made your day.
We need that now and then. Rich was your Earth Angel. You deserved that!

Its all a big pain sometimes, so much planning, so much that it interferes with things we want to do, but to be at that final goal will all be worth it. You are going to be holding one big trophy!!!!!
Yes, Amber. You got that right.
Eyes on the Prize.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #463

T- I am going to run tomorrow morning at 4:30 and think of you, gotta give that morning fasted cardio another try!!! You inspire me to be the best that I can be!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #464
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Hi ladies, I need all the motivation I can get. So I hope it's alright for me to hang around here.

T- You look amazing, job well done to u and Amber.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #465

Quote:
T- I am going to run tomorrow morning at 4:30 and think of you, gotta give that morning fasted cardio another try!!! You inspire me to be the best that I can be!!!!
Amber, I have a chance to sneak away from the office early for the gym, so I'm hitting the road. But I'm glad I checked LCF once more, because I saw THIS post.

Caveat: Fasted cardio is best reserved for s/s cardio, lower intensity. If you are at a place where running is more "intensive" for you as you rebuild your endurance, this may not be the best choice for you, fasted, that is.

Have something light with your coffee before you go. At least for a while, until your body adapts.

And then, even THEN -- consider having some sort of muscle sparing supplement, i.e., BCAA's cocktail or something. I always have my BCAA's along with my morning coffee when I do fasted cardio to help preserve/protect my muscle from getting catabolized from the effects of cardio.

Word to the wise.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Hi ladies, I need all the motivation I can get. So I hope it's alright for me to hang around here.

T- You look amazing, job well done to u and Amber.
YOU most CERTAINLY are welcome here, Sweet One.

Everyone needs motivation. Everyone. Hope we can fill that need for you.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #467
Atkineer For Life

Quote:
YOU most CERTAINLY are welcome here, Sweet One.

Everyone needs motivation. Everyone. Hope we can fill that need for you.
Thanks . I'm in the right place at the right time.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #468

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
always great to have new friends join in!

Quote:

Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly.
Taste the relish to be found in competition - in having put forth the best within you.

-- Henry J. Kaiser

That motivational quote was messaged to me this morning on FB by my son's girlfriend, a sweet, warming stimulus that enlivened my spirit in the quiet hours of dawn as I sipped my coffee. I smiled broadly, galvanized in mind and body.

The last few days I've found myself smack dab in the middle of "The Grind." The newness has worn off. My body is protesting a little more. The food, the planning, the preparation, the routine(s) are getting somewhat repetious. Bedtime doesn't seem to come soon enough. And there never seems to be enough time in the day anymore. Yet driven by pure will and desire, I'm gritting my teeth and pushing through this somehow. The Grind.

I first read about The Grind from Lean Bodies guru, Erik. It reverberated with my heart and soul and has remained a favorite.

I share it once more:

Morning runs refresh my mind and body like nothing else. I love the way they leave me energized. I gotta admit, I far prefer morning runs over evening runs, maybe because I'm rather spent by the time evening gets here, and the bed is far more inviting than pounding the pavement at day's end. And I love having the world to myself at that hour -- well, except for having to dodge the Newspaper Guy as he makes his Mach Four rounds in his white SUV, throughout our neighborhood...(I must remember to buy some neon cuffs or something, maybe a strobe headband?????) -- and I can concentrate on just me, my breath, my rhythm, my pace, my music, my accomplishment. And then I stretch, long, gently, completely. And my day begins once more.

My food prepared the night before, I pack my bag and plan my day ahead: Shoulders and Arms. Build it, Baby.
Erik always has tons of neat posts and rants..

T, you are too far out to be forcing oneself through 'the grind'. I worry that this protocol isnt the best one for you. The grind usually happens in the last month or so... not now

You know i you doll so dont that that as unsupportive.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #469

Hey T- I got up and ran at 4:30 this morning, I did pretty good, I ate nothing, just chugged a big old glass of water, then I ran a mile, and then started the second mile had to walk twice just briefly, I felt good, I really feel like a calorie burning machine now I will have to do it again, it is sort of creepy outside though, LOL THen I got home showered and had steel cut oats with protein powder mixed in, cinnamon roll, man it was delish!!! It was that BSN brand lean desserts, their banana is really good too.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #470
Atkineer For Life

Quote:
Hey T- I got up and ran at 4:30 this morning, I did pretty good, I ate nothing, just chugged a big old glass of water, then I ran a mile, and then started the second mile had to walk twice just briefly, I felt good, I really feel like a calorie burning machine now I will have to do it again, it is sort of creepy outside though, LOL THen I got home showered and had steel cut oats with protein powder mixed in, cinnamon roll, man it was delish!!! It was that BSN brand lean desserts, their banana is really good too.
Awesome job on the run . I'm working on getting cardio in in the morning, because once I get off from work; I'm tired and find myself making excuses not to walk/job. You ladies rock.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #471

I usually go to the gym straight after work, my son does his homework and then dinner and the rest, or else the night gets too busy and I dont go, I look forward to it, then I am cranked when I get home and have most of my work to do, LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
T, you are too far out to be forcing oneself through 'the grind'. I worry that this protocol isnt the best one for you. The grind usually happens in the last month or so... not now

You know i you doll so dont that that as unsupportive.
Yeah, I know, I know. Overachiever at her finest here. Doesn't always pay.

Someone from my past could shed light on THAT far more eloquently than I. I'll leave it at that.

And of course -- I'm confident you support me. Trust me, I'd never turn away support. I need all I can get.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #473

Quote:
Marvelous, Amber. 4:30 takes GUTS. Not for the weak at heart by any stretch. Sounds like you're wantin' it pretty badly. Just listen to your body, Amber. Don't blow that off -- seriously. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. You should be able to read your body like a familiar nursery rhyme.

When you're tired, sleep. When you're low on fuel, eat. When you're out of breath, slow the H down. Get my point?

Good girl. You're doing great.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #474

Quote:
Awesome job on the run . I'm working on getting cardio in in the morning, because once I get off from work; I'm tired and find myself making excuses not to walk/job. You ladies rock.
Lynn, right? As for making it a point to do cardio in the a.m., like anything else, once you begin, if you persist with it, perhaps in baby steps at first (3-4 days a week goal), after 21 days it should feel automatic. No pushing. It's just "what you do." Know what I mean? But you have to get yourself in that habit of doing it first.

KNow that when you do, it's over with. YOu enjoy the rest of your day, you've done something GOOD for yourself. You've increased your metab, your energy, and you are ready for the day. It's NOT PUNISHMENT. It's a privilege. Look at it that way, and give it time to "stick." And it will. Want it!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #475

Crazy busy day, so I'm making this quick:

Cardio this morning, leg (heavy) day this afternoon, right after cutting out early from work :blush:, post w/o shake, then Meal 4, then headed to son's football game. Packing Meal 5 with me to eat during the game.

Will be back when time allows.

Until then........
Old 09-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #476
Atkineer For Life

Quote:
I meant walk/jog.
Quote:
Lynn, right? As for making it a point to do cardio in the a.m., like anything else, once you begin, if you persist with it, perhaps in baby steps at first (3-4 days a week goal), after 21 days it should feel automatic. No pushing. It's just "what you do." Know what I mean? But you have to get yourself in that habit of doing it first.

KNow that when you do, it's over with. YOu enjoy the rest of your day, you've done something GOOD for yourself. You've increased your metab, your energy, and you are ready for the day. It's NOT PUNISHMENT. It's a privilege. Look at it that way, and give it time to "stick." And it will. Want it!
Yes it's Lynn (Lynisha).

I totally agree and with that said. I have my workout clothing laid out to get a morning workout done before work. Perspective means everything. Thanks so much for that motivation. I call it an honor to be in the midst of such go getters.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #477

Twyla is the one that pushes me, and Ileen, seeing these incredible ladies gives me motivation!

T- That is so true that after just doing it, it becomes a habit, it is so automatic now, home gym clothes on go do something, it is as automatic as brushing my teeth now, now the early running I have to work on, but today was encouraging, and I felt good getting it out of the way LOL

My son got nominated for the People to People trip next summer, 5K, now I have to think is it more important to fix me, or to send him to that, sort of has me bummed, I really want surgery next Spring, but then I feel selfish like he is such a good boy and I am so porud of him, my stupid ex, also happens to have a smart step- daughter she is in 9th and she was picked, her trip is $7K, if he sends her and not my son, I am going to go nuts, LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #478

Quote:
Yes it's Lynn (Lynisha).

I totally agree and with that said. I have my workout clothing laid out to get a morning workout done before work. Perspective means everything. Thanks so much for that motivation. I call it an honor to be in the midst of such go getters.
Lynisha. Lyn. Got it!

So how did that workout go this morning? Did that alarm dutifully kick your butt out of bed?

(Awaiting word....????)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #479

Quote:
Twyla is the one that pushes me, and Ileen, seeing these incredible ladies gives me motivation!

T- That is so true that after just doing it, it becomes a habit, it is so automatic now, home gym clothes on go do something, it is as automatic as brushing my teeth now, now the early running I have to work on, but today was encouraging, and I felt good getting it out of the way LOL

My son got nominated for the People to People trip next summer, 5K, now I have to think is it more important to fix me, or to send him to that, sort of has me bummed, I really want surgery next Spring, but then I feel selfish like he is such a good boy and I am so porud of him, my stupid ex, also happens to have a smart step- daughter she is in 9th and she was picked, her trip is $7K, if he sends her and not my son, I am going to go nuts, LOL
Yes, Amber. As I once mentioned in Part I of my journal:

Quote:
WATCH-ME'S Goal Seeking Journal
This is what I do. It's how I live, how I eat, how I function, how I move, how I am, and how I choose to be.

It didn't happen overnight. It happened with precision and patience and practice, all of which evolved into habit.
And once it becomes habit, there's really no going back.

Amazing. I'm so grateful for these lessons learned.

"The beginning of a habit is like an invisible thread,
but every time we repeat the act we strengthen the strand,
add to it another filament,
until it becomes a great cable and binds us irrevocably."

~Orison Swett Marden
And yes, I know the feeling all too well, the sacrifices we make for our children. It's only natural to put what's in THEIR best interests ahead of our own wants, desires, needs, passions. I've been there and done that countless times...and I'm doing it still.

It's what parents do I guess. It's what love is all about. Others first.

Congrats on your son's recognition.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #480

Began the day with 30 mins of jogging, lower intensity, nice and steady.

Nose to the grindstone at the office to get out transcripts before the weekend, poking Meal 2 in my face as I proofread with haste and precision. (I'm rather talented at multi-tasking).

It was time for Meal 3 as I was heading down the highway toward home, on my way to the gym, and so I chomped away at chicken and rice as I made the trek in and out of annoying motorists who mistakeningly assume the fast lane is for driving -- UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT. Water. More water. Always drinking water it seems.

Made it to the gym. Back day today. A full 55 mins of hitting 'em hard and heavy. Followed up with 26mins of cardio, hills on the treadmill, then finishing off with elliptical intervals. I've had my post workout shake and carbs, prepared to head to the middle school to pick up my son from practice, only to learn that his practice wan cancelled. Ahh. Great. Oh, well. I can relax a little. I can EXHALE.

I seem to do a lot more of that lately. E X H A L E.

Afterall.......it's Friday.