Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
T, check out this women.. at 50! Impressive.. i'll be the 50 in May this yr..
Hope you can see this? Let me know as one might have to be a member?

Sorry it posted SO BIG!

inatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #392

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Amber my coach is also cardio first and formost. What build muscle keeps it. Cardio, coaches belief is just an adjunk to DIET.. not to really be used for fat burning persay. Depending on how intense the program, the cardio is set OR he uses things like Ab/core circuits and additonal metabolic workouts instead of cardio. His girls are getting on the stage, top condition, WINING! and not doing cardio while most girls are doing the twice a day bs for HOURS!..

Strawberry, im with you, YUCK.. give me chocolate!

And give ME Delicious Vanilla!

And Amber, I agree with Ileen, too much cardio will eat precious-earned muscle. Too much cardio can be a waste of time.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #393

Quote:
T, check out this women.. at 50! Impressive.. i'll be the 50 in May this yr..
Hope you can see this? Let me know as one might have to be a member?

Sorry it posted SO BIG!

Can't see the pic???
Old 08-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #394

Mental preparation...

Old 08-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #395

ok how about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50yr competitor.jpg (16.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #396

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well that is the thing I am so dead with her I bolt after my legs are still killing me from Thursday, LOL but maybe I will work on other things, I am so confused!!! I printed out training worksheets for her to map things out for me,to focus specific areas each day and get more of a plan going, I gotta jack up something, I want to be ripped and I want sexy shoulders by Oct, I am running out of time!!!!!!

The strawberry tastes really good so I bet the Chocolate is good too!!!!

T- you so got it going on!!! Look how fabulous you look, even better than the pic Ileen posted you can do it!!!! Pick a show and I will be cheering for ya!!!!

You ladies are a freaking huge inspiration!!!!!! All those kids what 8 between you two and you girls are FABULOUS!!!!! It gives us mere mortals hope!!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #397

Quote:
ok how about this?
Yes, I can see the pic now. And YES, she's beautiful and I agree, "impressive." She reminds me of Linda Evans too.

I'm thinking if I'm going to compete, I'd better do it now. I'm not getting any younger.

Still trying to WRAP MY BRAIN around it, the MENTAL preparation. My mind has to be in the right place for this to happen, in many ways more so than physically prepared. Afterall, the mind ultimately controls the physical.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
...get more of a plan going, I gotta jack up something, I want to be ripped and I want sexy shoulders by Oct, I am running out of time!!!!!!

Amber, just give 100% of your best every day, and that's all you need to CONCERN yourself with. Rome wasn't built overnight. I know you have a deadline/timeline, and you will look beautiful for that timeline regardless. The stress of overthinking it and worrying too much will work against you in all of this, if you allow that to happen. Focus on each day and what you need to do for THAT day. Don't shotgun your mind across a mile-long list that stretches over several days/weeks. Give every day your best, and THAT'S gonna get you a lot further.

T- you so got it going on!!! Look how fabulous you look, even better than the pic Ileen posted you can do it!!!! Pick a show and I will be cheering for ya!!!!

You ladies are a freaking huge inspiration!!!!!! All those kids what 8 between you two and you girls are FABULOUS!!!!!
Thank you, Amber.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #399

My inner thighs and hams are STILL protesting from Saturday's workout. O.U.C.H. I did circuits on Saturday, three exercises--- with one power, one strength and one core exercise in each circuit, no rest between each of the 3, one minute rest between sets. Then I would move to the next circuit of 3 exercises and repeat this pattern. It was challenging, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Ileen, some of the exercises were borrowed from your, uh, "arsenal"?

Gonna do about 15 mins of Callanetics (flexibility, lengthening, and cleansing) then heading out the door for morning fasted cardio. Hugely busy week ahead.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Yes, I can see the pic now. And YES, she's beautiful and I agree, "impressive." She reminds me of Linda Evans too.

I'm thinking if I'm going to compete, I'd better do it now. I'm not getting any younger.

Still trying to WRAP MY BRAIN around it, the MENTAL preparation. My mind has to be in the right place for this to happen, in many ways more so than physically prepared. Afterall, the mind ultimately controls the physical.

your mind HAS to be in the right place for sure.. Because holding off on eating some thing, sets some people off to binge. Binging and competing dont go together. IT also sets people up for really bad rebounds.

Im NOT in any way trying to discourage you but i'd seen it happen, A LOT and more so, I know there is a better safer way in methods. My coach is one of a few who dont do that 2hrs of cardio a day crap.

Are you going to do it yourself or have someone coach you. Please, please dont fall into that the hrs of cardio a day camp. BAD

Last edited by inatic; 08-15-2011 at 04:11 AM..
Old 08-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #401

Twyla- it is a mental battle for sure, are you pretty disciplined now or do you sometimes fall off track? You probably need a good 3 months, of solid training and perfect eating and it is tough, lots of temptations come down the pike in 3 months. I know my GF that does the shows, she like checks out of life, it sucks for us, but she looks fabulous! Then when the show is over, she eats like a house on fire, LOL I wish I could post a pic of her, maybe I can capture one off her facebook, she is 52, OMG she is amazing!!!!! She does the bikini competitions and the Fitness obstacle competitions.

You can so do this!!!! If you want it bad enough you can do it!!!! And now is the time!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #402

you dont need to check out of life or it to suck.. its a choice and mindset through the whole thing.. There is definitely restricted eating but we socialize etc.. Do you HAVE to eat 'junk' and drink to have fun?
No..
My friends that compete dont feel like that at all. They go places, enjoy.. They also dont rebound 20-30lbs either.. especially with a post comp plan in place.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #403

Quote:
Twyla- it is a mental battle for sure, are you pretty disciplined now or do you sometimes fall off track? You probably need a good 3 months, of solid training and perfect eating and it is tough, lots of temptations come down the pike in 3 months. I know my GF that does the shows, she like checks out of life, it sucks for us, but she looks fabulous! Then when the show is over, she eats like a house on fire, LOL I wish I could post a pic of her, maybe I can capture one off her facebook, she is 52, OMG she is amazing!!!!! She does the bikini competitions and the Fitness obstacle competitions.

You can so do this!!!! If you want it bad enough you can do it!!!! And now is the time!!!!
No, it's not the discipline that worries me. I've got that down. Time is not on my side. My work and my family deserve my time too. Not sure I can juggle both. Wait and see.

Kudos to your GF...sounds like she's on top of her game.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #404

Quote:
Are you going to do it yourself or have someone coach you. Please, please dont fall into that the hrs of cardio a day camp. BAD
Certainly not solo. I will have help. I need ALL the help and support I can get if I hope to pull this off.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #405

Quote:
you dont need to check out of life or it to suck.. its a choice and mindset through the whole thing.. There is definitely restricted eating but we socialize etc.. Do you HAVE to eat 'junk' and drink to have fun?
No..
My friends that compete dont feel like that at all. They go places, enjoy.. They also dont rebound 20-30lbs either.. especially with a post comp plan in place.
Yes, I am most aware of the propensity to rebound. On my short list of "reservations," the rebound thing would be among them. I don't want to fall victim to a huge spiral downward from a rebound, neither physically nor mentally.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #406

You got your stuff together, I am sure once you talk it over and wrap your head around everything you will know if it will work, it is hard with kids, and back to school, you will know if you can swing it!!!!! It sure would be exciting to watch you go through it!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #407

Quote:
No, it's not the discipline that worries me. I've got that down. Time is not on my side. My work and my family deserve my time too. Not sure I can juggle both. Wait and see.

Kudos to your GF...sounds like she's on top of her game.
Mindset yep.. Shouldnt be much more in the way of time.. Its mostly diet.
if you have the right prep, it wont take away any more time then you already spend for training/ cardio..if it does, dont go there.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #408

I asked my friend to post a pic, she is freaking amazing, she is the nicest person too inside and out, truly the sweetest person on earth! She used to be my haridresser but it was too hard running back and forth to my old hometown, she has known our family since I was 7. I think this was last year so she was 51, I am trying to push ya T!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!

I did bench presses tonight, I asked her to really kick it up, my arms are killing me, we were together an hour and 15 minutes so no extra cardio I was spent, and my arms are still jelly!! I love that though, pain is good!!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #409

Quote:
I asked my friend to post a pic, she is freaking amazing, she is the nicest person too inside and out, truly the sweetest person on earth! She used to be my haridresser but it was too hard running back and forth to my old hometown, she has known our family since I was 7. I think this was last year so she was 51, I am trying to push ya T!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!

Amber, your friend is beautiful, and has obviously worked very hard at her sport to achieve what she has. Impressive indeed. What jumped out at me as well was your remark of her inward beauty. It almost meant as much as the picture itself. That BEAUTY FROM WITHIN has to be there for any of this to be meaningful--at least for me.

And yes, I appreciate your PUSH, Amber. I truly do. Means a lot to me, girl.

I did bench presses tonight, I asked her to really kick it up, my arms are killing me, we were together an hour and 15 minutes so no extra cardio I was spent, and my arms are still jelly!! I love that though, pain is good!!!!!
Yes, girl, you nailed those guns....and it HURTS SO GOOD.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #410

Quote:
Mindset yep.. Shouldnt be much more in the way of time.. Its mostly diet.
Mindset.

Mindset.

I'm focusing very hard on this lately, girl!

And yes, mostly diet. That's what I've been told.

Gotta run. Time for fasted cardio.....

Old 08-16-2011, 03:56 AM   #411

Amber, she is georgous!!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #412

My friend is gorgeous, and you know she was just built regular, always beautiful but maybe a size 10, and then she started those fitness obstacles and bikini contests, and she was around 46. I used to always say Anne what can I do, she would tell me and I wouldn't listen, I remmber her writing out diet plans, she would say she gets up to work out, I was like WHAT??? LOL She is flabbergasted I finally lost weight!! I am waiting to do the Bootcamp workout with her in Lancaster but our schedules are so out of whack. She is truly the most beautiful spirit I know, I never ever heard her say an unkind word about anything or anybody, she is very faithful, and I am sure part of that inward beauty shines through in her competitions,her smile is so genuine, she loves life!!!! She is so supportive of the other girls, and such a mentor!!! She really doesn't know what an inspiration she has been to me and others.

T- this running break has not been good for me, I have to get back to running, it has been 3 weeks now, and like I am scared or something, so tonight rain or shine I am going to that track and doing it, I am going to run as long as I can without stopping, then walk a lap then try to run a lap for 3 miles, I figure even running/walking will help get my endurance back. I have to do it, Sunday it rained and I had that excuse I am out of excuses, that race being cancelled was the worst thing, now I feel I can let the running slide, and I cant, that is probably why I wasn't losing any weight either. Today my plan is to look for a 5K after the wedding and pay for it and commit, no excuses!!!
Ileen I was reading through that Leanbodies site, lots of good info, that curls and whey girl looks super, what a great website she has! Work is dead, I said you know its bad when you run out of things to google, LOL

My right arm since the surgery is really weak I have had weird issues all along with it, I see the doc in Sept but I think I need to work some isolation exercises to try to strengthen that up, its not good, there is something wrong that is what made me give out on the bench press I can tell I am favoring it, it doesnt really hurt, but I can see my tricep is larger on the left than the right.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Balance101
Stats: 207/197/140
WOE: hHcg
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:

My screened back porch – my sanctuary and haven.
Looks like heaven Twyla. I can't wait to see the patio when it's finished.

Quote:
I've been thinking the last couple of days of competing in a Master's in early November.
I've not totally made up my mind, but giving serious thought to it.
This blew me away. It's the logical next step for you I think. You are that focused and that gorgeous. I have no doubt that you could do this and very well place. I'm so thankful for women like you that give all us woman over age 40 drive and ambition.

Amber your friend is hawt!
Balance101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #414

So girls I went back to the supplement store today I had to see a customer right down the road and the owner was there, OM gosh what a cool really smart guy older guy, seems he told me same things a certain Miss Twyla told me several weeks ago when I reached out to her for advice, LOL did I listen for long, NO!!!!!! Eat more, eat more, eat more, LOL He said closer to 2000 calories and up my calories through fat, he said if I am not eating enough fat all the protein I am eating is being used up, making salad dressing with olive oil, or a little extra cocnut oil is very exciting, I am really sick of steamed broccoli, and dry spinach sick of both in general. He said try it for 2 weeks, keep up the training and I am sure you will lose fat by week 3 or I will give you a free jar of the BI protein powder you like so much? I was like holla, OK deal!!!!! Love this man! He said I dont need the hulk's seminar he said he likes to hear himself talk, LOL I said well he had a captive audience in me, and he never emailed me, LOL
I am feeling good and very in control now, not like the mania a few weeks ago!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #415

2000 isnt bad..that is abt body wt x 10.. technically at bw x 12 you should be losing too. approx maintenance cals are body wt 13-15...

Coach uses 10-12 body wt. but he airs on the higher side then decreases.. at the lower end, you have to start cutting too much. kwim OR adding in too much activity.. and most old schoolers do that with the dreaded cardio and then abuse its use.

When we put my cals much higher, we normally increase the fats up .. add some carbs but we put the fat back in because i need the carbs for training and dont reduce them as much.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #416

Quote:
So girls I went back to the supplement store today I had to see a customer right down the road and the owner was there, OM gosh what a cool really smart guy older guy, seems he told me same things a certain Miss Twyla told me several weeks ago when I reached out to her for advice, LOL did I listen for long, NO!!!!!! Eat more, eat more, eat more, LOL
He said closer to 2000 calories and up my calories through fat, he said if I am not eating enough fat all the protein I am eating is being used up,
..... He said try it for 2 weeks, keep up the training and I am sure you will lose fat by week 3 or I will give you a free jar of the BI protein powder you like so much? .....I am feeling good and very in control now, not like the mania a few weeks ago!
Ahhh, you ran into a Wizard, didja?

"Smart Older Guy"
, Indeed. (Sounds like a wizard to me!)

Yes, Amber, based on your current stats and goals, you gotta eat, Sweet Child, to get your body to RESPOND. KWIM?

Ileen is right. 10-12 x bwt. When we talked, I was trying to give you the low end of what you could actually get away with and still lose consistently w/o adversely affecting your metabolic rate, esp since you'd BEEN eating so far fewer cals overall.

Glad you've come to your senses.

Just drivin by for a quick look and then back at it...I'm extremely busy this week and will have very little time to read/post much.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance101 View Post
Looks like heaven Twyla. I can't wait to see the patio when it's finished.

Thank you, Corey.
Me too, me too....I've wanted this for SO LONG!

This blew me away. It's the logical next step for you I think. You are that focused and that gorgeous. I have no doubt that you could do this and very well place. I'm so thankful for women like you that give all us woman over age 40 drive and ambition.

I appreciate this, Corey. And that is indeed a compliment, what you have said. Not fishin', just sayin.

And speaking of compliments--love that pretty new avatar you have got goin' there, girl. That's just perfect.

Amber your friend is hawt!
Yes, she's hawt indeed.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #418

Quote:
Trust yourself.
Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life.
Make the most of yourself
by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility
into flames of achievement.”

~Golda Meir

Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #419

Aww T- dont stress this week, it will be the weekend soon, 3 more days!!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #420

Quote:
[/CENTER]
dancing flames are very soothing.. focus on that thought or the waves in the ocean..