LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinSC View Post
All of the food ideas and recipes sound so great! I'll have to check them out.

I'm headed to Florida in the morning, so I'm just making the rounds and checking in on some people. Have a great week Twyla (and everyone else!) I'll be walking on the beach bright and early and before breakfast every day!
Stephanie, I hope you guys have a safe and wonderful vacation while in FL. Fasted, morning beach walks! Atta girl Walking along the beach is heavenly, ANY time of the day! And you'll get doubly blessed, knowing that you're doing something good for your body while enjoying that serenity.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
is that separate almonds or swiss or melted/melded together?
No, no. Just by themselves, separate, but eaten at the same time. I like my Swiss at room temperature when I eat it. Flavors are far more enhanced. So I just measure out 1 to 1.5 ounces of almonds and an ounce of Swiss, and ENJOY.

The red wine is "the icing."
Old 08-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #363

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
No, no. Just by themselves, separate, but eaten at the same time. I like my Swiss at room temperature when I eat it. Flavors are far more enhanced. So I just measure out 1 to 1.5 ounces of almonds and an ounce of Swiss, and ENJOY.

The red wine is "the icing."
gotcha!
Sounds yum!

now i just have to like drinking. I know
Red wine for me= a few sips a yr... there is something wrong with me. I'd rather have ice cream!
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #364

Quote:
gotcha!
Sounds yum!

now i just have to like drinking. I know
Red wine for me= a few sips a yr... there is something wrong with me. I'd rather have ice cream!
Well, I believe that it's an acquired-taste kind of thing when it comes to red wine. I used to not like red at all, only white, and only the "sweetest" whites. As time wore on, I found I liked less sweet whites, more crisp, and then I eventually transitioned to red wine, with Pinot Noir being one of my favorites. I don't care for whites anymore at all, with the exception of an occasional glass of Chardonnay. My current favorite is a Spanish red, Ergo, by Martin Codax. A friend of mine introduced me to Spanish reds, and I've been hopelessly enamored ever since.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #365

Thursday update:

Thursday was back to a med carb and higher cal day, since it was a training day. I felt low on energy Thursday morning on my way to the gym, so I had a serving of Gaspari's SuperPump250 before I left, along with my BCAA's, and that helped tremendously.

I did 30 mins of a tricep/bicep/ab metabolic circuit, and 20 mins of cardio.

First meal at 11:30 a.m. I kept my first meal rather low in cals/carbs, saving up for my second meal of the day, knowing that we would be eating out with the family and my son's girlfriend at Outback. Ordered the yummy fire-grilled Mahi Mahi with steamed veggies, a handful of Bloomin Onion :blush: and lots of water with lemon. When I got home I had 1/2 c of lowfat ice cream and a Chocolate Casein Fudgey for dessert. In bed by 10 pm.

Today being my rest day, I slept until 6:45 this morning!!! Much needed rest. I can feel the difference this morning. I'll be nice and ready for my training tomorrow at the gym. I've found a circuit in Oxygen that I want to try, somewhat of a total body thing using the incline bench mostly, supposed to last 30 mins. I'll do that, but I'll also do more work on legs. My inner thighs were quite sore from Tuesday's workout earlier this week. I wanna hit them again on Saturday, and try to focus mostly on quads.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #366

Quote:
Well, I believe that it's an acquired-taste kind of thing when it comes to red wine. I used to not like red at all, only white, and only the "sweetest" whites. As time wore on, I found I liked less sweet whites, more crisp, and then I eventually transitioned to red wine, with Pinot Noir being one of my favorites. I don't care for whites anymore at all, with the exception of an occasional glass of Chardonnay. My current favorite is a Spanish red, Ergo, by Martin Codax. A friend of mine introduced me to Spanish reds, and I've been hopelessly enamored ever since.
I just dont really care for alcohol in general. ..I like red wine with Pinot noir being a favorite too. Hate sweet stuff.. Have not tried spanish ones.. will try to remember to suggest to hubby.. Ergo... He does enjoy wine more often and would definitely drink more if i would..
Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #367

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I was like Twyla- I like really sweet white wines like Moscato, Riesling, etc, but I always liked really dry heavy red wines, I drink a red wine occasionally but they tend to make me tired, but I enjoy a glass with a good hunk of meat!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #368

High carb day

Catching up a bit here...I decided to make today a high carb and high cal day. Yesterday was low. I was feeling my body rebelling, trying to tell me enuf already. So Friday was a complete rest day, but low in cals/carbs.

Today was a fabulous workout at the gym, total body, one metabolic circuit mixed in, with some pyramids on other muscle groups. Tried a new delt exercise I liked. Worked on inner thighs (sumo deadlifts). Just all round focused and zoned into the rush. 70 mins of training total. Began with 10 cardio, ended with 20 cardio.

On and off catching up all day. Got a pedicure mid afternoon. Ready to clean the back porch and then chill a bit. I've dug out some Coldplay to listen to for chillin' later. I found an acoustic version of The Scientist. Sweet.

I love Chris's voice ... fabulous falsetto and so impassioned by his music. Puts his whole heart and soul into what he loves. That's as it should be.

Will catch up later...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:12 AM   #369

Saturday's high day summary:

Agh! I'm so sore!

But no complaints here. I love pushing myself like that. Yesterday's training was a kicker. I went to bed feeling the soreness, so I know that it will just escalate from here.

My cals were probably around 2400, my carbs were probably around 300. Nice, rejuvenating refeed, it was. Most of of it was healthy carbs, but not all. I had a couple of Oreos, a handful of pretzel M&M's, a bit of low-fat ice cream, and two slices of spinach-mushroom Digiorno pizza. Everything else was pretty much clean, just a lot. Have to admit it was fun getting to splurge a little. I was in bed by 10:30 and didn't wake up till a few mins before 8. Lots of much needed rest.

Hoping all of this will help pay off this week with better energy and such.

This sun is wearing the heck out of me. I'm so over summer by this time of the year. The humidity is just HORRID. Makes you want to stay inside all the time, and that's no fun either.

I plan to go on a run tonight, hoping that my carb up will serve me well with endurance.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #370

Yes as much as I love summer, I am ready now for it to be done, ready for school and routine, and the wedding!!!!!

Hope all those carbs pay off for you!!! I tried running at the beach yesterday I liked it, didnt do too much cause of my leg, Tony was whining his calves hurt from walking I made sure we took a nice long walk!

Trainer workout tomorrow I am ready Wed no more stitches!! yeah!!!!

Have a good day enjoy your Sunday!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #371

Ugh...I just typed another long reply to some questions you had asked me earlier, Amber, and when I hit PREVIEW right before posting, it poofed away.

Hate that when that happens.

I'll compose that again and post it later on. I gotta get going.

I hope you have a great Sunday too.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #372

I started copying as I type then if I lose it I can re-paste some of it, why that happens on here I dont know, but I hate that!!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #373

Bragging rights...

There's something visceral about sitting by a fire at night in the open night sky, a quiet beauty, the smell of wood smoke, the crackling of the fire, the dancing of the flames, harmoniously sending warmth to the heart like nothing else can.

Knowing my heart, my middle son bought me a copper fire pit for Christmas – I’d been wanting one forever – and was not able to use it because our back deck/porch is covered and screened in, and my husband did not want to risk ruining the lawn with the aftermath of the heat from the fire pit. I’ve been hinting and asking ever since for a patio of sorts, just outside the screened porch, to be able to sit and enjoy a nice fire, good tunes, a glass of wine….(fill in the blank with ambient images!)

My husband recently began tackling this project. NO EASY TASK. Many hours of sweat and hard work have gone into this undertaking. Knowing that he is a man of details, and never does anything half-assed, I was confident that once he began, there would be no stopping until every “T” of his plan had been crossed. He drew out the plan, complete with electricity for lights and a fountain, landscaping, and hand-placed stone that he’d gathered from the mountainside at his mother’s farm. No easy task. And he has worked his ass off – literally and figuratively – to make this happen.

My neighbor comes over often in the evenings to watch, marveling at the handywork and effort.

I’ve taken pics along the way to show the progress. It will be ready in time for the fall season, and I so look forward to moonlit, fire-lit, relaxing moments on this new stone patio just outside my current haven – my back screened porch. He’s doing a fantastic job, getting help from his sons (my middle son is shown man-handling some of the stone from the truck to the patio bed – the guy loves that challenge). The middle stone that he plans to place at the center of the patio is huge – he weighed it at the quarry while getting gravel for the patio, and he said it weighs approx. 450 lbs!!! It’s an almost perfect circle, disc-shaped stone. Such a beautiful token from nature.

My oldest son helped him most of the day yesterday gather and place the rock from the bed into strategic design atop the gravel that he’d poured and spread earlier this week. It’s exciting watching this come together. They’ve learned a lot from their father, handyman know-how for practical principles that they not only appreciate, but hopefully will retain and be able to use in the years ahead.

It’s coming together beautifully – so exciting!!! I’m blessed.

My screened back porch – my sanctuary and haven.

The beginning stages…dig it – DIG IT!

My middle son helping him unload stone.

Sure doesn’t hurt having the “big guy” help out!

Inspect, select, plan…

The large center stone awaits unloading.

Coming together nicely…

………………COUNTDOWN………….

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-07-2011 at 11:40 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #374

Quote:
Ugh...I just typed another long reply to some questions you had asked me earlier, Amber, and when I hit PREVIEW right before posting, it poofed away.

Hate that when that happens.

I'll compose that again and post it later on. I gotta get going.

I hope you have a great Sunday too.
Part of what I was addressing was the bicep training issue.

I try to leave my isolation bicep work for the end of my workout since the biceps are used for most other pull type exercises and I don't want to exhaust or cheat those exercises before they've been taxed sufficiently. But for isolation work for biceps, my training includes:

DB and EZ bar curls
hammer curls
preacher curls
21's
incline curls
isolation curls

The exercise I did yesterday was on a bench at 45 angle, arms straight by my side, palms up, curl up slowly to about shoulder level, rotate wrist till palms are facing forward, lower slowly. This hits both heads of the bicep and the forearm muscles. Did four sets. Nice and slow. Felt great.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #375

omgosh, its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! enjoy!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #376

Quote:
Part of what I was addressing was the bicep training issue.

I try to leave my isolation bicep work for the end of my workout since the biceps are used for most other pull type exercises and I don't want to exhaust or cheat those exercises before they've been taxed sufficiently. But for isolation work for biceps, my training includes:

DB and EZ bar curls
hammer curls
preacher curls
21's
incline curls
isolation curls

The exercise I did yesterday was on a bench at 45 angle, arms straight by my side, palms up, curl up slowly to about shoulder level, rotate wrist till palms are facing forward, lower slowly. This hits both heads of the bicep and the forearm muscles. Did four sets. Nice and slow. Felt great.
every once in awhile coach throws a body part split at me.. i hate training arms on just an arm day. Most of the time is on chest day... and tri's on back day but this program is sort of mixed up having both ...on upper body days.

Last edited by inatic; 08-07-2011 at 12:24 PM..
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #377

Thanks for the arm exercises, I do those darn hammer curls and preacher curls, LOL And the 4 different biceps machines!

Now about the patio- wow that is going to be awesome!!!!!! I swear everyone that gets a fire pit needs major renovations!!!! They do burn the grass, tried it!!! LOL That is going to be lovely!!!!! Your porch looks lovely and so relaxing!!!! It is going to be super come fall, too hot now to think about fires for sure!!!!! What a great place you will have knowing your boys all put so much into it!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #378

Hey Twyla-
What is up? Didn't hear from you all week, hope you are doing OK?

TGIF tomorrow!!! Have a good weekend!!!!!

Hi Ileen!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey Twyla-
What is up? Didn't hear from you all week, hope you are doing OK?

TGIF tomorrow!!! Have a good weekend!!!!!

Hi Ileen!
Hey, Amber...Life and work has been rather busy for me this week. I decided it might be best to try to "unplug" a bit to find balance.

Things are good otherwise.

Hope you have a great weekend as well.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #380

Yes I know how it is, at least I can mess around on here at work, LOL

Well I hope you have a good weekend and find your balance!!! Maybe a glass of wine tonight will help!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish64
Stats: 169.2/148.8/125 5'3"
Start Date: 04/29/2011
Wow your outdoor fireplace is going to be rocking! You look so fantastic I was taken a back that you have boys that are grown. Girl you look better than most of my 20 year old daughter's friends. Just wanted to stop by and give you a drive by Hi!
Irish64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish64 View Post
Wow your outdoor fireplace is going to be rocking! You look so fantastic I was taken a back that you have boys that are grown. Girl you look better than most of my 20 year old daughter's friends. Just wanted to stop by and give you a drive by Hi!

You're a doll baby. Thank you.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #383

Discovered a new jazz diva.

Oh.Sweet. I like it!

This one: Tequila Moon.

Great way to usher in the weekend. Cheers!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #384

Hi Amber!!

T i hope you got to destress while listening to your new diva
Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #385

Ok I know you girls can most appreciate this, I was at spinning this morning, normally it is at 8:30 so I get there and see our teacher he is like they put zumba in from 8-9, I hated that so my legs are so sore from Thursday with the trainer, I got my stitches out Wed, so I said to the teacher Dale, I am like I should go workout but would rather pick your brain! So we drank coffee and had a good talk he told me about a place about 20 minutes away he said the guy has various supplements and knows everything about muscle and fitness he said you gotta go there!!! He will help you get over this hurdle of weight loss. So I do my class and head straight there, well the owner is not there, instead a pimply faced younger kid, so as I was starting to ask him what he thinks, this hulk of muscle comes over and says I am a personal trainer I do fat loss seminars every Saturday at LA Fitness, well we talked over an hour! Love this guy, he totally gets it!!!70% of his clients are women, and his favorite a woman who weighed 310 and is now 125, and 6% body fat!!! He actually battled bulimia at one point, so I am going next Saturday he didn't have a card but I gave him mine, I am officially stopping all the weird stuff to move this weight, I am going back to the BFFM plan, and working at increasing the duration and effort with the exercise and whatever number I am on the wedding I am, if I don't get below 200 I know I will!!! So T if you hear me doing some weird thing to lose weight hit me upside the head!! I came this far pretty quickly and when my body is ready to release the rest it will, all can do is move it and feed it properly!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #386

Quote:
Hi Amber!!

T i hope you got to destress while listening to your new diva
ILEEN

I haven't had a chance to listen to all the music I've downloaded -- some of it, not all -- but there's always tonight.
Hoping to do a little more relaxing tonight.

I feel I deserve the kickback after today's training! What.A.Great.Workout. How could I love it any more than I do?
I've been thinking the last couple of days of competing in a Master's in early November.
I've not totally made up my mind, but giving serious thought to it.

WTH? Why not.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #387

Quote:
Ok I know you girls can most appreciate this, I was at spinning this morning, normally it is at 8:30 so I get there and see our teacher he is like they put zumba in from 8-9, I hated that so my legs are so sore from Thursday with the trainer, I got my stitches out Wed, so I said to the teacher Dale, I am like I should go workout but would rather pick your brain! So we drank coffee and had a good talk he told me about a place about 20 minutes away he said the guy has various supplements and knows everything about muscle and fitness he said you gotta go there!!! He will help you get over this hurdle of weight loss. So I do my class and head straight there, well the owner is not there, instead a pimply faced younger kid, so as I was starting to ask him what he thinks, this hulk of muscle comes over and says I am a personal trainer I do fat loss seminars every Saturday at LA Fitness, well we talked over an hour! Love this guy, he totally gets it!!!70% of his clients are women, and his favorite a woman who weighed 310 and is now 125, and 6% body fat!!! He actually battled bulimia at one point, so I am going next Saturday he didn't have a card but I gave him mine, I am officially stopping all the weird stuff to move this weight, I am going back to the BFFM plan, and working at increasing the duration and effort with the exercise and whatever number I am on the wedding I am, if I don't get below 200 I know I will!!! So T if you hear me doing some weird thing to lose weight hit me upside the head!! I came this far pretty quickly and when my body is ready to release the rest it will, all can do is move it and feed it properly!!!
Woo-hoo, she's returned to her sense, World.

So. This Hulk, suhweeeet...HE GETS IT! Now THAT'S what's important, finding and surrounding yourself with people who GET IT. I've always said that. People who get it feed our passion. No?

Amber, I should have spoken my mind, but I don't know you well enough. When I read you were doing that ... whatever, D? diet? I was thinking it probably was a BANDAID quick fix that would end up backfiring on you, but I zipped my lip. Maybe I won't do that the next time. You said it yourself. BFFM was working for you, made you feel BALANCED, strong, able to stick to it w/o feeling deprived or cheated or whatever. That's fantastic ... so glad you ran into Mr. Hulk. And your attitude about the scale weight? PERFECT. That's IT! THAT'S IT, AMBER. You are on your way, girl. The weight will come off. You do your part, you keep your head on, and you keep swinging...Sweet victory awaits you, my dear!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #388

Quote:
ILEEN

I haven't had a chance to listen to all the music I've downloaded -- some of it, not all -- but there's always tonight.
Hoping to do a little more relaxing tonight.

I feel I deserve the kickback after today's training! What.A.Great.Workout. How could I love it any more than I do?
I've been thinking the last couple of days of competing in a Master's in early November.
I've not totally made up my mind, but giving serious thought to it.

WTH? Why not.

sweet T!!! Why NOT!

Quote:
that's exciting!
buh bye weird stuff! BFFM does work! I used it for a while but transitioned to my coach.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #389

Twyla- you can always say what you think, I totally respect people's opinions,and their honesty, even if I dont want to hear it, and especially when it is from someone who is in that place I want to end up!!!!!!! I am just so focused on that darn number, and what I should be focused on is the improved health and fitness I have obtained, the rest will fall into place! Yeah I thought Dukan would help for a week, but it left me hungry, with cravings and irritable and no great loss anyway!

I think you should totally do what ever competition it is you are thinking of!!!!!!You can do it, its like the running having that race on my B-day was really driving me I must find a race to enter and give it a go, so I have that to push me!! I think a specific goal and date really helps drive us!

I picked up a free magazine at the store today it was a Beverly International one, but it was cool it profiled 3 women all in their 30's and 40's what they use supplement wise, their workouts their menus, that is the thing I like.

And Tony needed protein, he got the Myofusion to try, I told him you girls recommend it, LOL But then I see he got strawberry???Yuck, but I will taste it,LOL

Now this hulk guy likes intensive strength training on specific areas like legs one day, shouldrs/back the next etc then cardio, he is not a fan of the interval stuff, that sort of surprised me. He says work out hard on the strength training and then after when you do cardio you have depleted your glycogen so you are in fat burning mode, sort of makes sense,and sort of opposite of what I was doing months ago which was cardio first then strength. I know there are so many schools of thought, so I might talk to my trainer again, LOL I think mixing it up is the key!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #390

Amber my coach is also cardio first and formost. What build muscle keeps it. Cardio, coaches belief is just an adjunk to DIET.. not to really be used for fat burning persay. Depending on how intense the program, the cardio is set OR he uses things like Ab/core circuits and additonal metabolic workouts instead of cardio. His girls are getting on the stage, top condition, WINING! and not doing cardio while most girls are doing the twice a day bs for HOURS!..

Strawberry, im with you, YUCK.. give me chocolate!

Last edited by inatic; 08-14-2011 at 04:48 AM..