LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Holy crap Twyla, I had all these things to say and now I am slobbering all over myself, LOL I love me some Hugh, although sans beard--- just give me those biceps and abs to rub!!LOL

Yeah, gotcha, 'cept I'm into the beard thang, esp the close-shaven shadow beards

Ok now I have to remember what I wanted to say, LOL
So are you still trying to lose weight or are you maintaining? You look so good!!!
Thank you, Amber, and "weight," not so much, distribution of inches, tighter/leaner, "a look" is what I'm working towards, trying to tame the trouble spots. And if that translates into shedding a few pounds of scale weight, then so be it. I have to REALLY stay on top of my weight creep...I'm an endomorph, and I have to be far more vigilant than most unfortunately. Thus the need for regular cardio.
That was another question for you girls, Tony is trying to build muscle and on his plan it says to eat a bag of raw spinach a day, and I frequently see that mentioned, since it has more vitamins than lettuce I try to eat that as my salad, but why is spinach so popular for bodybuilders?
Spinach is in the top 10 list of "superfoods." It's one of the healthiest (if not the top) foods you can eat, packed with vitamins and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, lutein) which keep bones healthy,and antioxidants, keeps digestive tract healthy, good source of digestible fiber, and tons of other benefits. I eat it 6-7 days out of the week religiously.
Also so when you are fasting, you are not drinking coffee in the morning? OMG I don't think I could do that, LOL When I was doing LC I could get by until lunch with just my coffee since I was adding half and half, now I am using skim half and half, zero fat but a few more carbs it doesn't leave me as full. I find it hard to do low carb and low fat, requires a little more attention to detail. It seems everything low carb is high in fat.

First, don't try to focus so much on "low fat" when doing "low carb." That's hard as heck and boring as heck. It's very difficult to do, and for those who can adhere to that strictly, hats off to them. I stay low fat when I'm eating moderate to high carbs. Otherwise, I don't run from the fats, just try to choose healthy sources of fat.

I ALWAYS have coffee in the morning. I must. MUST. Shall never give it up. And I do drink fat-free cream in mine, as little as I can get by with, but at least a little. I'm no fun at all without my coffee in the morning. When my husband and I were in Vegas in Dec 2009, I'm an early riser, and we did not have a coffee pot in the room (The Venetian), so I'd throw on a pair of jeans and a jacket and head down to the 3rd floor coffee cafe place for my early morning fix, then wander around the hotel, sipping my coffee, bedazzled by the surroundings and splendor...!
I lost 7 pounds in 7 days doing the Dukan diet which is high protein, low fat, carbs only from FF dairy, I was thinking of doing that again, Tony says I need to just stick to what I am doing and let it work, LOL
Tony seems like a very sensible man.
Trainer tonight, the tops of my shoulders are killing me, I am working on getting divots, it is slight but its coming I am getting one on the back of my shoulder, someday it will come!
Woohoo, Amber -- work those delts! I love working delts -- it's my favorite muscle group to work. I find it very sexy and attractive to see some strategic shoulder chiseling on women.

I know you're anxious to get back to cardio, but it will come. I felt the same way about lifting after I had my surgery. I couldn't lift for almost a month. Seemed like a year. I just eased my way back into it. You can still burn cals and fat by working UB and swimming. It won't be long...hang in there.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #332

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
LOL, at Vegas, we stayed at the Aria, and the minute I opened my eyes I am like honey can you go get me coffee,PLEASE?????? LOL I was too vain to go downstairs without being all made up, LOL My hair looks like a squirrel nest in the morning, LOL I am sure they would have thought I was a homeless woman, LOL

So spinach is good stuff I figured it was but man a bag a day? I am going to keep eating about 2 cups in my salad.

Yes I like sexy shoulders, I am so excited that I am actually have a shoulder shape now, LOL For so long it was just round humps, I def want to keep working my arms and get them defined. Tony even noticed my legs last night I was curled up on the couch and he said look at your calves, just still see myself as Jabba the Hut, the body image is a hard thing to get past, and how I view myself, like sometimes I get a glance of me and I dont even think its me, I guess that is why people who have not seen me in so long are poking at me and touching me, LOL I think once I have this surgery I will be really freaked with 25-30 more pounds gone from that.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #333

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Spinach is in the top 10 list of "superfoods." It's one of the healthiest (if not the top) foods you can eat, packed with vitamins and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, lutein) which keep bones healthy,and antioxidants, keeps digestive tract healthy, good source of digestible fiber, and tons of other benefits. I eat it 6-7 days out of the week religiously.
its definitely has more vits,(hi iron!) more fiber than reg lettuce..I eat it .but cooked. Raw messes with my thyroid medication! I cant tolerate much raw fibrous veggies as those too mess with me and my meds.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #334

Quote:
....I was too vain to go downstairs without being all made up, LOL My hair looks like a squirrel nest in the morning, LOL I am sure they would have thought I was a homeless woman, LOL

.... just still see myself as Jabba the Hut, the body image is a hard thing to get past, and how I view myself, like sometimes I get a glance of me and I dont even think its me...
Without a doubt. I have fought my weight all my life, having been a fat teenager. Peer pressure in late teens made that whole body image thing an even bigger hurdle, as I could not see myself as anything other than the fat kid/teenager I had been. I think body image, if a person has ever had to overcome that from having been overweight, will always be an issue they never really outgrow unfortunately.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey Twyla!

And Ileen! And Corey!

I'm loving that so many people are finding that IF works so well for them. I've never been a breakfast person, and it's nice to know that I don't have to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry.

I'm with you in prefering to eat fewer but bigger meals. Much more satisfying, and less time consuming too!
Firm Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #336

Wednesday update:

Back to low carbs and lower cals today. Seemed to be a little hungrier today, but that hunger has tapered as the day wore on, oddly enough.

Better energy. Better focus. More sleep last night must have helped.

Thankful for the rain and overcast to cool things down and provide a sense of calm that the MUGG has prevented for too long. On days like this, I wanna play "hookie" and hide from life and demands and whatever else is on my LIST. I just wanna go somewhere peaceful and sit, unwind, relax, disconnect.

But I can't.

I'm listening to almonds "pop" as I type this. I just finished roasting a tray full of almonds. Nothing like roasted almonds to hit the hungry/crunchy spot that I have from time to time. Esp when stirred into cottage cheese with a little chocolate casein and s/f caramel syrup. Hits.The.Spot.

No cooking. It's my "day off."

I hope to get in a 20 minute moon run tonight (if there IS a moon) if I have time. Today was all cardio, but I did 20 mins of Callanetics before beginning my morning cardio.

Nutrition:

CALS......1509
PROT.......155
CARBS.......65
FIBER........12
FAT...........74
Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #337

Hi Laura!!!!!

Quote:
I'm listening to almonds "pop" as I type this. I just finished roasting a tray full of almonds. Nothing like roasted almonds to hit the hungry/crunchy spot that I have from time to time. Esp when stirred into cottage cheese with a little chocolate casein and s/f caramel syrup. Hits.The.Spot.
omgosh!
we're twins today!

I just roasted a tray of almonds about two hrs ago... and today, instead of my chicken, i had COTTAGE CHEESE!! plain and had rutabaga fries before eating it.. lol...

a a great book on body image is from Scott Abel. Its called' the other side of the mirror'

Last edited by inatic; 08-03-2011 at 04:51 PM..
Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #338

Twyla- You will be proud my arms are burning, I said to my trainer tonight you gotta kill me, she succeed I cant even lift my water glass, LOL 50 mens pushups! I hate them! And dumbbells, and pull overs, box dips, shoulders, and planks, oh my!! She said she is starting to see more divots and definition, I think she says it to keep me going I was beat tonight. But it is good, the week is crazy so not getting as much exercise as I like, being careful with the food and ate my spinach, a big turkey and spinach salad! Pulled out fillets for tomorrow night, I said no more white meat, LOL
Roasted almonds yummy, I eat almonds everyday they are always part of my fats! I buy the 100 calories packs for portion control or I get out of hand!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #339

Quote:
Twyla- You will be proud my arms are burning, I said to my trainer tonight you gotta kill me, she succeed I cant even lift my water glass, LOL 50 mens pushups! I hate them! And dumbbells, and pull overs, box dips, shoulders, and planks, oh my!! She said she is starting to see more divots and definition, I think she says it to keep me going I was beat tonight. But it is good, the week is crazy so not getting as much exercise as I like, being careful with the food and ate my spinach, a big turkey and spinach salad! Pulled out fillets for tomorrow night, I said no more white meat, LOL
Roasted almonds yummy, I eat almonds everyday they are always part of my fats! I buy the 100 calories packs for portion control or I get out of hand!
50 men's pushups. Impressive! See, all those exercises? There are still tons of ways to get your butt kicked, even w/o LB work.

Your meals sound yummy. Those 100 cal packs are good, but I prefer buying those plain almonds from Sam's because I don't like salt on mine, AND because I like to roast them to give them that extra flavor and crunch. I know, you're right, portion control is an issue if you don't watch. But Obsessive Me, I weigh everything, and I know how many ounces in X number of almonds, so when I hit my allotment (either 1/2 oz or 1 oz, depending), I'm done. My favorite blend is almonds and Swiss cheese together. LOVE THAT.

Proud of you, Amber, indeed. You're doing great, girl.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
omgosh!
we're twins today!

I just roasted a tray of almonds about two hrs ago... and today, instead of my chicken, i had COTTAGE CHEESE!! plain and had rutabaga fries before eating it.. lol...

a a great book on body image is from Scott Abel. Its called' the other side of the mirror'
I've done the green bean fries, but not rutabaga. Hmmm. But don't you just love making "blizzards" out of cottage cheese and almonds, or cottage cheese and (fill in the blank)?

I may need to look at that book.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Hey Twyla!

And Ileen! And Corey!

I'm loving that so many people are finding that IF works so well for them. I've never been a breakfast person, and it's nice to know that I don't have to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry.

I'm with you in prefering to eat fewer but bigger meals. Much more satisfying, and less time consuming too!
Laura, is that YOU? Good to see ya around here again...we miss you.

The meal thing? I agree. The more I eat, the more I want to eat. The bigger meals actually do help me stay fuller longer. I've read that from some other IF practioners from other forums too. I guess it's just a matter of experimenting and finding out what works best.

Intermittent fasting works. Intermittent sleeping? Not so good.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:59 AM   #342

Moon run. Didn't work out as well as I had hoped. When I got changd and out the door last night, I looked up and saw the moon, looking so pretty in the sky, the little sliver of it. It lifted my spirits for a bit. I was eager to get started. I walked briskly for 1 min to warm up, but almost as soon as I began to run, I knew without question, I was way low on energy. It's either that I'm rather depleted (likely) or low on sleep (likely) or both -- very likely.

I think I'm gonna start having a few more carbs on my low days, and try to not go under 75, then have two med high days instead of the high day only on Saturday. See if that helps. As for sleep... that's another dilemma.

I want to train this morning and then rest tomorrow morning, so that I can train extended on Saturday morning. I just had SuperPump. That should help tremendously. Always does.

Mr. Moon? Sorry I stood you up. Maybe next time....
Old 08-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #343

Twyla- I hate that, when I am all excited to go run and I cant for whatever reason, I do think carbs a big issue with running, I know I have to eat like 100 a day on nights I run!But I know you will figure it out! Almonds and Swiss cheese? Yumm! I wish I could get into cottage cheese, it sort of gags me I like the homemade kind I get form market but I know it is full fat, so I cant eat that, LOL Might have to suck it up and try some again! Maybe doctored up!

Have a good day!!!! My arms are so sore!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #344

Quote:
I wish I could get into cottage cheese, it sort of gags me I like the homemade kind I get form market but I know it is full fat, so I cant eat that, LOL Might have to suck it up and try some again! Maybe doctored up!

Sore arms ...

About the cottage cheese. I don't like plain cot chz either. NEVAH eat it plain. I have to have mine doctored up. Here is only ONE example of how I dress up cottage cheese, sort of "DQ Blizzard" style. Give one of these options a try, but careful, you might find yourself addicted (a good addiction):

CC Crunchy Blueberry Oat Blizzard

1/2 c fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 oz chopped roasted almonds
1 Tbs vanilla whey protein
3 oz blueberries
1/8 c cooked steel-cut oats
1/2 Tbs s/f Davinci's syrup

CALS .... 221
PROT.......22 (40%)
CARBS......25 (42%)
FIBER........4
FAT...........5 (19%)

Other stir-in options:

walnuts
coconut oil
flax
Fiber One
apples, peaches, berries, etc.
nat PB
crunched lightly sweetened mini rice cakes
1/2 Detour Bar, chopped into pieces (Snickers Blizzard!)

Keep in mind that cottage cheese is casein protein, which is more slowly digested than whey, which makes it a good option for late night snacking. If you're trying to taper carbs at night, just choose lower-carb options for the stir in's, such as EVCO, Davinci's and a Tbs of chocolate whey protein. This blend is yummy for hitting a chocolate craving.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #345

Amber, another favorite you MUST try. I make a batch of these and keep them in a container in the frig, and it's an easy go-to zoned carb snack for higher carb days. Hits the sweet spot too!

(Post No. 3595)

WATCH-ME'S Goal Seeking Journal

Old 08-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #346

Benefits of Carb Cycling

Worth repeating:

Quote:
CARB CYCLING (ROTATIONS)

REBOOTING YOUR METABOLISM INTO FAT-LOSS MODE

Quote:

"Carb cycling is all about restoring your fat-burning hormone levels. Leptin is a hormone that keeps your metabolic rate up and hunger down.....Going very low on carbs forces the body to turn to body fat for fuel. However, staying on a low-carb diet for too long can cause your leptin levels to drop. When it falls, so too does your metabolism, and your hunger increases......By alternating periods of low carbs with higher carb intake, you can prevent drops in leptin levels, which keeps your metabolism steady and prevents your hunger from getting out of control.....High-carb days also bring muscle benefits because carbs stimulate insulin release, which refills the glycogen stores in muscles to promote growth...."

"There's actually a psychological impact to eating this way. Unlike traditional low-carb diets, which encourage low-carb intake as a lifestyle, carb cycling doesn't restrict you from what your body needs for optimal function. All carbohydrates are broken down into glucose, which is the brain's fuel source. But just because carbs are the easiest way for the body to get glucose doesn't mean that they're the only way. In fact, if you could turn off your brain's insistent begging for carbs, you could subsists quite nicely without them and you lose weight. This is the beauty of carb cycling.....Knowing that you'll be able to eat carbs again in a few days makes getting through the low carb days much more manageable....:"

"Keeps the body guessing and the metabolic fires burning...using either the taper down method, replacing the carbs in your last meals of the day with slightly more protein and water-rich veggies....OR -- by carbohydrate timing, in which you make sure to ingest small amounts of carbs before and after a workout to increase energy and to replenish glycogen for enhanced recovery....or with the most popular method with fitness and figure athletes because it spikes leptin levels and really cranks up the metabolism, in wihch you eat different amounts of carbs each day, cycling through low, mediuim and high carb options...."

--Oxygen Magazine, Nov 2009

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-04-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Old 08-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #347

Twyla- thanks for the suggestions, last tub I threw away, LOL Duh never thought about the protein powder for the cottage cheese, I am so in love with the Bev International protein powder, OMG it is sooo good, the chocolate is like a malt even with water, and I love the vanilla in my steel cut oats,
120 calo
3.5 fat
4 carbs
1 fiber
20 protein
You know I was doing pretty well doing just low carb and eating a snack before and after the gym, then I got all crazy! Then the BFFM I like eating fruit and some more good carbs for one it is way more satisfying, but like you said I think timing is the key! So whatever carbs I make TOny at night I take for lunch pre workout, then like piece of fruit with my protein shake after and then only lean protein and veggies at dinner. But I am not doing nearly the cardio I was and no running due to the leg so I think that is why the weight is slowing down these 2 weeks, Wednesday the stitches come out!

Tonight, really lean 6 oz NY strip, grilled asparagus and one perfect peach! I am starving!!!!! No chicken or turkey!!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 08-04-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
I've done the green bean fries, but not rutabaga. Hmmm. But don't you just love making "blizzards" out of cottage cheese and almonds, or cottage cheese and (fill in the blank)?

I may need to look at that book.
i actually like just Protein powder. sometimes i use the greek yogurt but i have to sweeten that.
On LBF, they do the ice cream similar but sans the oats unless its pwo..
Have you even seen the curls and whey cookbook my friend amy wrote at curls and whey.com.

also, for other great recipes my figure competitor and ex skate athlete has a great fb page called the bikini baker. Most of her stuff fits what we do T but some is just naughty

Quote:
Twyla- I hate that, when I am all excited to go run and I cant for whatever reason, I do think carbs a big issue with running, I know I have to eat like 100 a day on nights I run!But I know you will figure it out! Almonds and Swiss cheese? Yumm! I wish I could get into cottage cheese, it sort of gags me I like the homemade kind I get form market but I know it is full fat, so I cant eat that, LOL Might have to suck it up and try some again! Maybe doctored up!

have never had almonds and swiss?? but love just roasted almonds. Coach encourages us to use a lot of sea salt and of course lots of water. (might see slight water gain initially but if you maintain level, it levels out. Sodium IN the muscle...lots written on it. while your pouncing on scott abels site, he has a great sodium article in one of his blogs.

Amber my favorite cottage cheese is the friendship 1%.. not so much cause its LF but its salt free , which dh needs to restrict due to meds.. the curd is nice and small and has a great taste.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #349

was going to edit but i've never done green bean fries... that sounds good.. salty and garlic YUM!

rutabagas are yum.. for the amt of swt tators i get, i get double in Rutabagas
Old 08-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #350

OK Protein bars are in the freezer!!!!!! Yum looks delish
Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #351

i love fage yogurt, no other brand.
Protein powder: Bev is yummy and expensive! I love myofusion choc and pb choc.its also thick.

Last edited by inatic; 08-04-2011 at 05:15 PM..
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #352

See of all the fat frees I like Chobani, Tony likes the Fage, my fav is the fage with strawberries and Goji's yum sort of sugary though. We never agree on anything and have duplicates of everything, I liked Miracle whip, he liked Hellman's, LOL Now FF crap for all !!!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #353

I found a great place on line, to order, BI was $33, not too bad considering it tastes good gosh I hate ordering stuff and it tastes like crap!!! Syntrax Nectars some are so good, others yuck!!!

Well was so excited to make the bars, forgot one little thing, wax paper, now I am trying to have Tony cut them equally and they are sticking, whoops!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
All of the food ideas and recipes sound so great! I'll have to check them out.

I'm headed to Florida in the morning, so I'm just making the rounds and checking in on some people. Have a great week Twyla (and everyone else!) I'll be walking on the beach bright and early and before breakfast every day!
LCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #355

Quote:
See of all the fat frees I like Chobani, Tony likes the Fage, my fav is the fage with strawberries and Goji's yum sort of sugary though. We never agree on anything and have duplicates of everything, I liked Miracle whip, he liked Hellman's, LOL Now FF crap for all !!!
LOL I hear ya!
two of my older boys drink shakes so we have diffent kinds.. Myofusion flavors.

hubby like the fage better so that works. the boys wont eat yog except the the 12yo so he gets sf flavored..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinSC View Post
All of the food ideas and recipes sound so great! I'll have to check them out.

I'm headed to Florida in the morning, so I'm just making the rounds and checking in on some people. Have a great week Twyla (and everyone else!) I'll be walking on the beach bright and early and before breakfast every day!
have a great time! we just came back from our condo in Destin last weekend.. love it down there!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #356

Amber,

I checked out the BI, and I have to agree with Ileen – EXPENSIVE. Too exp for my budget right now. Trying to juggle three sons, one in college, one still juggling a minimum-wage job while living at home and trying to decide where to head for graduate school, plus another teenager – expenses continue to mount.

And it DOESN’T HELP ANY that our economy is in the toilet, this ridiculously debt-fueled economy that is continuing to screw those who work the hardest in this country – oh, crap, don’t get me started … (I digress).

So in terms of keeping it budget friendly (you ought to see our grocery bill every month), I’ll need to stick to my favorite, Myofusion. I actually buy less expensive versions of chocolate to make things like Chocolate Protein Balls, and save the Myofusion for shakes, where taste is more critical and distinction matters.

I hope you like the Protein Oatmeal No-Bakes that you made. You can also use parchment paper in the bottom for even easier cutting, etc. As for getting them “evenly cut,” I actually weigh my bars (in grams) – I know obsessive, but that way I know that each one is exactly the same amount of nutrients. I eyeball them as I cut them, then weigh each one, add or subtract a little, then wrap them in plastic wrap and store them. I’ve made them so many times I can do this in a flash, so it’s not as time consuming as it seems.

I too like the Crystal Lite Mango Peach Green Tea, but I just drink it over ice. Sometimes I’ll have that while fasting in the morning to get me through if I’m hungry.

The sodium in cottage cheese DOES tend to be a little high, but I don’t recall seeing Friendship cc in our grocery stores. I usu just buy Kroger Fat-Free, small curd.

Another option you may want to try, instead of chicken and turkey, is ground turkey to make things like turkey tacos, or turkey chili, or Taco Balls or Spinach Balls – these are great recipes and great for on-the-go meals, if you want the recipes. I buy the leanest options for the ground turkey and use it quite often.

I also buy the World Catch Salmon Burgers from Sam’s. They taste great grilled.

You are making remarkable changes in your lifestyle, Amber, and showing such determination and commitment to your fitness goals. Fantastic example you are setting, girl.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-05-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #357

T, kroger doesnt carry friendship brand. I have to get it at our other market. One can try rinsing it though! I have some buds on lbf that do that for things like the I.C...

lean turkey breast is a staple for me too!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #358

Quote:
i actually like just Protein powder. sometimes i use the greek yogurt but i have to sweeten that.
I can make all sorts of on-the-spot creations from just whey protein, or casein protein. I'm the "MacGyver" of quick carb-friendly, protein-packed snacks and/or mini meals.
On LBF, they do the ice cream similar but sans the oats unless its pwo..
Have you even seen the curls and whey cookbook my friend amy wrote at curls and whey.com.

I haven't seen that C&W cookbook, but I love spending time on LBF forum, gettings tips AND recipes. I haven't logged on to that site in a couple of months or so. I may have to make a visit today.

also, for other great recipes my figure competitor and ex skate athlete has a great fb page called the bikini baker. Most of her stuff fits what we do T but some is just naughty

I'll check it out.

As for the almonds and swiss combo, you should try that sometime. It's the blend of those two flavors that does it for me, so yummy. I also like snacking on that while having a glass of red wine. The combo of each of those flavors....just incredibly satisfying.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #359

is that separate almonds or swiss or melted/melded together?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #360

Quote:
T, kroger doesnt carry friendship brand. I have to get it at our other market. One can try rinsing it though! I have some buds on lbf that do that for things like the I.C...

lean turkey breast is a staple for me too!
I've actually thought of rinsing it! But how would that affect the nutrient counts? Wouldn't that be skimming off some of the protein content as well?