Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yes Tony gets Men's Health and he picks me up Women's Health usually every few weeks, they do have great articles, and so does men's health, gotta see what the other side is thinking, LOL!!!!

My trainer says I am high maintenance, LOL, I tell her I want this, then the next day that, she is like OMG girl,where do you read this stuff? So when I start flipping her out too bad she usually breaks out the insanity moves on me, and then I know I better zip it, LOL

So what's up for the weekend? Doing anything fun?
Hope you have a good one!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #272

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
So what's up for the weekend? Doing anything fun?
Hope you have a good one!!!!
Not sure yet.......hopefully dinner out with friends. Fridays are my weekly indulgence day for red wine, the perfect forerunner for CHILLAXIN. Bring It On.

Definitely hoping for cooler weather....

Hope your weekend is restful and cathartic for you. Sometimes being forced to slow down, though we resist at first, helps us to dig deeper, search our souls, and find the peace that has been there all along if we just take time to notice it.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #273

Fabulous workout this morning!

And I woke up SO TIRED!!!

Not now, baby. It's a new day. IT'S FRIDAY. And I have tons of energy.

Did a tricep circuit this time, 4 exercises, done in pairs, 4 sets each exercises, with one min rest between each exercise. Hammered them! Couldn't finish all reps on last set of each pair.

Walking lunges. One set of bicep EZ curls. Weighted planks x 3 sets. Woodchops w/med ball. Hyperext x 2 sets.

Plus 20 mins cardio.

Just get up. Every damn day just DO IT.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #274

Accountability updates...and notes to self re LGIF.

NUTRITION YESTERDAY (LOW DAY)

CALS..........1645
PROT...........145
CARBS..........73
FIBER...........14
FAT..............79

Not as low as I would have liked, but I was listening to my body. I fed it because it wanted fed. Right or wrong. It is what it is. All good choices.

The last two days very controlled hunger, enabling me to extend my fasting window to 16 hrs w/o issue.

Great energy the last couple of days as well. (as expected via LG protocol)

Mental focus improvement: Check.

Adherence is important, and it's becoming easier in that respect to control total daily cals and carbs.

LOVE this.

This morning I had fab energy following workout, and always end with 10-20 mins of cardio after training, so rather than brisk walking, which I normally do weekdays, I decided to do 15 sec sprints, 45 sec brisk walking, for the remainder of the 10 mins. I was flying on Cloud 9. Felt great. I thought I would pay for it later with increased hunger. But so far so good. Tomorrow is a high carb day, so I will up cals to around 1900 and keep carbs around 175-200.

Yesterday was all cardio -- 45 mins.

Today, training and cardio (as mentioned in previous post).

Tomorrow total body, extended training, 30 mins cardio.

Life is good.

Now. Where is my Ergo....

Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #275

GF- I think you earned that ERGO!!!! LOL What is LGIF? You use lots of abbreviations I dont know, LOL 16 hours of fasting, I think I would be dead!!!!

I am finally feeling better, I think day 3 is the magic number!! Thanks for being there to help pull back off the ledge, not 100% but feeling so much stronger!! You know why? A girl I met on of my first threads, wrote me, she wants to come back to LC, and lose 110 pounds, she wanted my help, it made me realize, it is all a big circle, we all need each other!!! I think we are drawn to people at certain times, and they come in and out of our lives for special reasons!!!! You have been very special since I reached out to you for help with the whole BFFM thing, so scared to try it, and I have to keep that ball rolling helping others, losing over 100 pounds is daunting, and if I can help someone I am going to try my hardest!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!
Hugs
Amber
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish64
Stats: 169.2/148.8/125 5'3"
Start Date: 04/29/2011
You are my inspiration. And I will get my you no what in gear hopefully sooner than later with the every day exercise. I'm all about the small steps but I think I need to start making a bigger effort and just do it. Its coming soon. Thanks for all you do!
Irish64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #277

Quote:
Thanks for being there to help pull back off the ledge, not 100% but feeling so much stronger!! You know why? A girl I met on of my first threads, wrote me, she wants to come back to LC, and lose 110 pounds, she wanted my help, it made me realize, it is all a big circle, we all need each other!!! I think we are drawn to people at certain times, and they come in and out of our lives for special reasons!!!! You have been very special since I reached out to you for help with the whole BFFM thing, so scared to try it, and I have to keep that ball rolling helping others, losing over 100 pounds is daunting, and if I can help someone I am going to try my hardest!!!!!

Amber, this is so sweet...when I read this paragraph, it made me tear up. There is so much truth in what you have said. I belive that wholeheartedly, "The Circle." WE DO NEED EACH OTHER. And yes, why it is that we're drawn to people ... who knows ... but sometimes people have a way of touching a part of our hearts that seem to bond us together. Do we see a part of ourselves in that person? I don't know. But the reaching out to help is so necessary, so rewarding. It does as much good for the person helping as it does for the person who is being helped. It's a two-fold reward.

I can tell you that with your determination and the success it has brought you, it has effectively fed the motivation in so many others' lives. You have become a huge source of inspiration to so many out there who are struggling. I think about how far you have come and it just blows my mind ... I'm so thrilled for you. I can't imagine how YOU must feel. But you have shown other people who have similar goals that IT CAN BE DONE, with hard work, persistence, patience and most of all -- DESIRE. That desire is all about choices. How bad do we want it? Are we willing to sacrifice this for that? Nothing worth having is ever gonna be easy to get -- or to keep -- but if you want it bad enough, you will work your ass off to get there. And you are doing that, fine lady. And THAT makes you ONE AMAZING woman.

So glad to hear that you are feeling better, stronger. What a difference a day makes, huh?

Old 07-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #278

Quote:
GF- I think you earned that ERGO!!!! LOL What is LGIF? You use lots of abbreviations I dont know, LOL 16 hours of fasting, I think I would be dead!!!!

Amber
Amber, I know that there are a lot of die-hards who swear off alcohol when dieting or trying to recomp or whatever, but I can't be that hard core. I feel I deserve one day of indulgence. And it's usually restrained indulgence. :blush: So if I bust my butt the other six days of the week, yes, that indulgence should do no big harm.

As for the acronym, LGIF? That's Lean Gains Intermittent Fasting. I have spoken about it briefly in this part of my journal. It's intermittent fasting done in conjunction with carb rotations and strength training, and one of its benefits is improved insulin resistance and the reprogramming of our hormones that otherwise work against us when trying to lose body fat. There's IF'g, and then there's Lean Gains IF'g. They have similarites, but LG is more structured and is done with an emphasis on lifting and macronutrient timing.

I have combined what I have learned about carb rotations and training and macronutrient timing (mostly from my dear friend btinc) with the research I've done on the LG blog and website, and it's helping me very effectively with my goals.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish64 View Post
You are my inspiration. And I will get my you no what in gear hopefully sooner than later with the every day exercise. I'm all about the small steps but I think I need to start making a bigger effort and just do it. Its coming soon. Thanks for all you do!
Irish, small steps are very effective and "smart" as we try to change our lifestyle habits. Too much too soon can sabotage our efforts. That said, now and then we DO have to push ourselves a bit farther. Maybe kick it into higher gear for a day or two a week, and then knock it back down to our cruise speed -- all while continuing to make progress and learning and becoming stronger as we go.

Enjoy the ride, but don't be afraid to PUSH every now and then. Show yourself what you're truly capable of. You'll be surprised.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #280

I'll be on the hunt today for a few new downloads for my running, cardio and training. Love this one --- JUST LOVE THIS --- that I downloaded a couple three weeks ago. Love the rhythm, the words, all of it. Just good. Can't sit still with this one!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #281

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Love the morning music

Quote:
But the reaching out to help is so necessary, so rewarding. It does as much good for the person helping as it does for the person who is being helped. It's a two-fold reward.
So true T!! My start was when Cindy (liteweight) took me (online) under her wing. We are best friends in RL and still meet up and train at the gym.

How IS Btinc??
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Love the morning music

So true T!! My start was when Cindy (liteweight) took me (online) under her wing. We are best friends in RL and still meet up and train at the gym.

How IS Btinc??
Ileen, I don't know Cindy (liteweight)...maybe? Not sure. But that is SO COOL, esp to know that you guys are real life friends now and train TOGETHER. That is a story to tell! Having someone to talk to, exchange ideas, methods, nutrition tips with, is so meaningful.

As for Btinc, I haven't heard from him in a while. I know he's rather busy. I trust that he is well.

And that music, yep, me too...AND I found another one this morning that I like from Sonique's Hear My Cry CD. Downloaded it just before I hit the gym: "Move Closer." Great rhythm, vocals, message. Just good. It's a shame this woman's life was cut short...so much talent. I love her style. It speaks to my heart and feeds my passion. God rest her soul.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-30-2011 at 10:10 AM..
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #283

This was one of my rewards after my hard work in the gym this morning...Protein Oatmeal Pancakes! ..topped with chopped bananas, fat-free butter, and sugar-free Maple Syrup. Gotta love high carb days.

Such a rockin' way to eat clean and lean for good health and fitness!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-30-2011 at 10:16 AM..
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Ileen, I don't know Cindy (liteweight)...maybe? Not sure. But that is SO COOL, esp to know that you guys are real life friends now and train TOGETHER. That is a story to tell! Having someone to talk to, exchange ideas, methods, nutrition tips with, is so meaningful.

As for Btinc, I haven't heard from him in a while. I know he's rather busy. I trust that he is well.

And that music, yep, me too...AND I found another one this morning that I like from Sonique's Hear My Cry CD. Downloaded it just before I hit the gym: "Move Closer." Great rhythm, vocals, message. Just good. It's a shame this woman's life was cut short...so much talent. I love her style. It speaks to my heart and feeds my passion. God rest her soul.
She had breast cancer, but according to Wikipedia, she is still alive. Here is her facebook page:
Sonique - Sonia Clarke | Facebook
Last picture was on July 8, 2011.

(Hi! Haven't been around. I'm struggling with some health issues that I hope will be resolved soon. )
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
She had breast cancer, but according to Wikipedia, she is still alive. Here is her facebook page:
Sonique - Sonia Clarke | Facebook
Last picture was on July 8, 2011.

(Hi! Haven't been around. I'm struggling with some health issues that I hope will be resolved soon. )
OMG, I didn't KNOW that. I had HEARD that she had breast cancer but didn't survive it. Oh, wow. Relieved to know that she beat it, and hoping and praying that she will recover and return to recording music again. She has so much to offer. That's just fantastic to know this, Elizabeth.

And YOU? I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. Not good. I need to get back with you and into your journal and find out what's going on with you. I hope it's not serious...? And I TOO hope it's resolved soon. I've missed seeing you on the boards.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #286

Twyla:
Great tunes, I am working on my Ipod, good music def makes you work harder, it is funny I would be at the gym and like every ballad ever written kept coming up! LOL Had to have the kids help me with a playlist, LOL

"As for the acronym, LGIF? That's Lean Gains Intermittent Fasting. I have spoken about it briefly in this part of my journal. It's intermittent fasting done in conjunction with carb rotations and strength training, and one of its benefits is improved insulin resistance and the reprogramming of our hormones that otherwise work against us when trying to lose body fat. There's IF'g, and then there's Lean Gains IF'g. They have similarites, but LG is more structured and is done with an emphasis on lifting and macronutrient timing. "

I will read up on this, this darn IR is a bugger, when I go to my doc in Sept she wants me to stop the Metformin, a few months ago, she was so pleased with my blood work she wanted me to stop but I was afraid I would stop losing weight. I know it is still an issue by the way I blow up with even a little bit of extra carbs, like you know thse last 3 days with the not smoking, I was up 6 pounds!!!! I added all my bad food, and all 3 days never exceed 2000 calories or 150 carbs, but I am not working out due to the leg, so I am not stressing that will come off, I can deal with temporary weight gain to quit this darn smoking!!!

Indeed people guide us!!! I have a lot of faith and totally belive we cross people lives! Sometimes I get so focused on the end, I forget where I started, and then I see an old picture or something and I am like who was I? Just think I lost more than you weigh!!! I lost a Twyla!!!! I am trying to get to 145 lost and then I work with a guy that weighs that, I am going to take a pic of him on my back, LOL I want to feel what that feels like again, to try to carry that around!

Alcohol- everything in moderation I think is good, I still like a drink too!!! And as we said coffee is non-negotiable!!!!

Have a good weekend, feeling better today!!!!

Tony got a new car, now with not smoking he might let me take it to work next week! It has mood lights, you play the music and these little lights strobe to the music, very cool!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #287

Quote:
Twyla:
Great tunes.... good music def makes you work harder...

AIN'T NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

... That's Lean Gains Intermittent Fasting. I have spoken about it briefly in this part of my journal... I will read up on this, this darn IR is a bugger, when I go to my doc in Sept she wants me to stop the Metformin, a few months ago, she was so pleased with my blood work she wanted me to stop but I was afraid I would stop losing weight. I know it is still an issue by the way I blow up with even a little bit of extra carbs, like you know thse last 3 days with the not smoking, I was up 6 pounds!!!! I added all my bad food, and all 3 days never exceed 2000 calories or 150 carbs, but I am not working out due to the leg, so I am not stressing that will come off, I can deal with temporary weight gain to quit this darn smoking!!!

Amber, on carb up days, at least until your body gets used to it -- and it will -- you can expect there to be water retention from the carbs. This is not "fat gain," so don't let the numbers confuse you. On heavy workout days for me, like Saturdays, even though they tell you to stay off the scale after a high carb day or a refeed day BECAUSE of the extra water retention, those more intensive days actually gobble up the fuel/carbs, and I have very little if any extra "puffiness" the day after. It depends on what I eat, how much, how depleted I was to start with, and how intense my training is. SO MANY variables, and none of it has to do with "gaining fat." That's the critical distinction you need to embrace. But you're smart to keep carbs low until you get further along in your recovery, if you can. I know your struggles right now are tough on you.

Alcohol- everything in moderation I think is good, I still like a drink too!!! And as we said coffee is non-negotiable!!!!

Yes, moderation is key. I have absolutely no regrets about my love affair with Ergo. It is a part of my life that...well, stays.

Tony got a new car, now with not smoking he might let me take it to work next week! It has mood lights, you play the music and these little lights strobe to the music, very cool!
Mood lights in a car....????? What? I think I'll stay tuned on this one...literally and figuratively!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #288

Quote:

If you read muscle matter board back in 2003, we used to post a lot there and for a yr or two.. we moved onto other programs and trainers but still stay together.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #289

Quote:
If you read muscle matter board back in 2003, we used to post a lot there and for a yr or two.. we moved onto other programs and trainers but still stay together.
Ah. That explains why I don't recognize the name. I didn't join LCF until Feb 2003, and I stayed LC to VLC for almost two full years before I even began LOOKING at the Muscle Matters board. I think I was aware at that time that folks on the MMB actually ate more than 20-30 carbs -- way more -- at times, and I was equally mystified and terrified at that prospect. You likely remember holding my hand now and then a few years back. Patiently, I might add.

At any rate, that's cool that you guys have remained friends. When you find someone that you can connect with, who serves a need or a purpose in your life, it's doubly meaningful when they remain a part of your life. Very cool.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #290

High Carb Day

Nutrition totals:

CALS.......1939
PROT........175
CARBS......206
FIBER.........25
FAT............46

Hit it pretty solid. Was aiming for 1900ish cals, 175 prot, 200 carbs, and less than 50 g of fat.

Warmed up on the ellip with 10 mins cardio, followed by one hour and ten minutes of total body training, including a mini back circuit. My UB training was mostly focused on back, with one exercise for rear delts, and one for biceps. Lower body was sort of a mix, but more emphasis on glutes and hamstrings.

Followed training with 20 mins s/s cardio.

All done fasted, with drinking BCAA's all throughout training. Showed some strength gains in some exercises.

Not as hungry as I was expecting to be today, but made sure I ate the 1900 cals anyway. Now watch. I'll be hungry as a bear tomorrow, and that's when I'll be trying to keep it lower cal and low carb. I'll deal with it as it comes.

Overall, very successful day. While shopping in the mall last night, waiting on a table for dinner, scored a bargain that serves as a rewarding incentive for my recent efforts, a new pair of VERY nice, classy crops in a feminine brushed/dusty lilac, SIZE 4. And a great deal!

Onward.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #291

Twyla- your new pic is beautiful!!!! Size 4 you little bugger!!!!! Any single digit size at this point will thrill me, LOL I feel I have arrived I got a Boston Proper catalog and now I can order, I said to Tony, you dont know the thrill of the fat catalogs going out the window, LOL I am going to splurge on 2 or 3 dresses to take to Vegas and our honeymoon, I know Mom will be asking about a B-day present!

I am missing working out, I go tomorrow thank goodness I feel funny waking up and nothing hurts, LOL It was probably good, I am down a few pounds, very low carb again today maybe I can get a little more off, tomorrow still going easy on carbs and will do a little pre workout, but I dont know how much cardio I can do so I want to keep it sort of light, although she will be killing my arms!!!!!

I love this dress, especially going to Palm Springs, I love turquoise!!!!
Turquoise baubles mini dress*|*Boston Proper
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #292

LOVE that dress! Very pretty!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #293

Quote:
Nutrition totals:

CALS.......1939
PROT........175
CARBS......206
FIBER.........25
FAT............46

Hit it pretty solid. Was aiming for 1900ish cals, 175 prot, 200 carbs, and less than 50 g of fat.

Warmed up on the ellip with 10 mins cardio, followed by one hour and ten minutes of total body training, including a mini back circuit. My UB training was mostly focused on back, with one exercise for rear delts, and one for biceps. Lower body was sort of a mix, but more emphasis on glutes and hamstrings.

Followed training with 20 mins s/s cardio.

All done fasted, with drinking BCAA's all throughout training. Showed some strength gains in some exercises.

Not as hungry as I was expecting to be today, but made sure I ate the 1900 cals anyway. Now watch. I'll be hungry as a bear tomorrow, and that's when I'll be trying to keep it lower cal and low carb. I'll deal with it as it comes.

Overall, very successful day. While shopping in the mall last night, waiting on a table for dinner, scored a bargain that serves as a rewarding incentive for my recent efforts, a new pair of VERY nice, classy crops in a feminine brushed/dusty lilac, SIZE 4. And a great deal!

Onward.
Nice score!!
I find im way less hungry on a LC or low call day coming off a high day or refeed.
Given you re IF'ing your hunger is less to begin with with those meals closer together. I think it would be harder to get in a huge amt of carbs/refeed like that/in that window.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #294

Quote:
I am missing working out, I go tomorrow thank goodness I feel funny waking up and nothing hurts, LOL It was probably good, I am down a few pounds, very low carb again today maybe I can get a little more off, tomorrow still going easy on carbs and will do a little pre workout, but I dont know how much cardio I can do so I want to keep it sort of light, although she will be killing my arms!!!!!

I love this dress, especially going to Palm Springs, I love turquoise!!!!
Turquoise baubles mini dress*|*Boston Proper
Amber, I think that rest/recovery is just what your body needed. It will serve as a reset to the CNS and you'll be rested and raring to go at your next workout. Keeping low on carbs. Check. And why NOT let her do a number on your arms--Chisel It, girl.

And yes, I love that goregous dress too...the turquoise will look so lovely will your baby blues!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #295

Quote:
Nice score!!
I find im way less hungry on a LC or low call day coming off a high day or refeed.
Given you re IF'ing your hunger is less to begin with with those meals closer together. I think it would be harder to get in a huge amt of carbs/refeed like that/in that window.
Yes, encouraged with the crops. Talbot's. It was a final sale clearance, so that's why I got such a great deal, but I had to be SURE they fit and SURE I liked them. I would normally not buy that color...I'm so obsessed with neutrals, but I thought it was be a splash of unexpectancy in my otherwise monochome wardrobe. Feminine. Flirty. But classy.

Yes, you're right. Eat a lot of carbs/cals in a shorter window of time makes it seem like you're really pigging out, and you get REALLY full, which actually makes it easier to last the fast till the first meal of the following day. My last bite of food last night was around 8:30, and I didn't my first meal today until 12:45 p.m. I was hungry, but it was VERY manageable hunger. Could have gone longer, I think. I guess that's the theory of IF, resets the hunger hormones, improves insulin response, and helps you to control hunger and blood sugar swings far easier, keeping a tighter rein on cals. All makes perfect sense.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #296

Busy and productive day.

Hunger was not an issue at all today, and I managed the low cals and low carbs without issue, with the exception of sampling homemade blueberry-almond biscotti that my son's girlfriend made for the family. They arrived today, and she's spending a few days with us. I had grilled chicken for dinner, with salad, brocooli & cauli salad, green beans, and brown rice. I skipped the rice, but I DID want to show my appreciation to her for the goodies she'd made. She was sure to tell me, "Oh, and I made them with healthy ingredients..." I think she was afraid I wouldn't want to eat one; my reputation precedes me apparently. I'm sure Gavin has warned her about me, "My mom, the health and fitness addict..." It was worth it. Only one slice, and it was made with oats and whole wheat flour, blueberries and almonds. I had it with a cup of decaf green tea. It wowed me.

It was an all cardio day. 30 mins fasted s/s in a.m. 20 min moon run tonight, just before showering and climbing into bed...(which is where I am as I type this, trying to wind down). It was a great night for a run, since the humidity from the VERY HOT day seemed to have lifted a bit. I could have run forever...but I have to get up early. The weekend has come to an end. But oh, how I love running at night....so peaceful, yet exhilerating.

Good night, world. It's time to shut my eyes and rest.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #297

Coffee gone...brain awake...time for Callanetics then a short brisk walk.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #298

Very long post, just gobbled up after hitting "SUBMIT REPLY" by the typical early-morning "freeze" that I get when I'm on LCF at this hour. Never happens with any other open browsers, only LCF.

Ugh.

So much for THAT.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-02-2011 at 02:25 AM..
Old 08-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
I need to catch up on my reading in here, but first I have to say your new avatar pic is fantastic! You look amazing!

I'm going to have to research LGIF too. I have insulin resistance issues too. I'm learning so much from you!
LCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #300

Twyla- I don't know why but that moon made me think of Goodnight Moon, I loved reading that to Bobby, I wish he was still a baby sometimes, although he is turning into such a sweet little man to be, LOL

I felt good last night, I was still 209 this morning after my 100 carb day, my shoulders and arms are killing me, and abs, I did the most ever of those hanging things where you lift your legs I hate them, I could only do like 5 x3 now I did 15x 3 yesterday my trainer was like where did that come from? I said I had a rest! Not sure where all that energy came from maybe Tony was right, I had been pushing for so long, the little 5 day break did me good! No gym tonight, my aunt is having a girls night pool party so I am going early and I am going to try to swim some serious laps. Cant wait for this leg to be better, I cannot believe I am actually missing the running, and cardio I feel like a slug!

So I cannot bring myself to eat 100 carbs daily while still trying to lose weight, so exercise days I am eating 1900 calories and about 100 carbs, I try to keep it at 25% or less, and today I am eating around 1600 and 50 carbs, the trouble is low carb= high fat, and its hard to keep things low fat and low carb, so its a battle!

Made a syntrax shake this morning with coconut water, I got a bottle of that, it has a lot of potassium, I looked for one without added sugar pretty tasty, just like a pina colada! Made me anxious for the beach on Saturday!!!!!

Have a good day Twyla!!!
Amber