Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 04:15 AM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Starrynite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 7,593
Gallery: Starrynite
Stats: 171.6/142/140 5'5.5"
WOE: 17 day diet
Shari,

to scale moving down. Anything helps.
Starrynite is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!
 
sweetpea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,770
Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Excellent! New lower numbers--gotta love 'em!!!

Have a great day @ work--TTYL!
sweetpea49 is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Wonderful loss Shari! Hey barely is still there!... Have a wonderful day!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Shari, good job on getting back into the 160's You know what to do
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,131
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Morning Shari! I'd take the 160's any day!!! Great job
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Morning Shari! I'd take the 160's any day!!! Great job
DITTO
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #307
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Thanks ladies! I feel sooo much better just eating healthier and exercising. I can tell some of the bloat is going..LOL. I'm very committed to doing this for the 17 days!
shari is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks ladies! I feel sooo much better just eating healthier and exercising. I can tell some of the bloat is going..LOL. I'm very committed to doing this for the 17 days!
You will do well, you always do
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #309
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
thanks Lo! WE will do well!!
shari is offline  
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #310
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks ladies! I feel sooo much better just eating healthier and exercising. I can tell some of the bloat is going..LOL. I'm very committed to doing this for the 17 days!
Glad you're feeling better. Healthy eating and exercising does our bodies a lot of good. Keep going - you can do it!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #311
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Glad you're feeling better. Healthy eating and exercising does our bodies a lot of good. Keep going - you can do it!
Thanks Meek!
shari is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Down 1.8lbs, to 167.4. So far, so good. I really miss Atkins and eating high fat food but for now I can sacrifice to get the pounds off. Good thing I know how to maintain well on Atkins because I'm definitely going back once I get to goal. Getting ready to exercise so will check back here when I get to work. TGIF!!
shari is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!
 
sweetpea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,770
Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
EXCELLENT!!! Ditto on the TGIF too. TTYL.
sweetpea49 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Good Morning Shari, you go girl Excellent release
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #315
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
That is wonderful Shari!! AS long as you can stick to this, keep on going girl!!... I wish I had your mindset right now.. you and Loretta! Go girls!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #316
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Starrynite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 7,593
Gallery: Starrynite
Stats: 171.6/142/140 5'5.5"
WOE: 17 day diet
KUTGW! Have a great weekend!
Starrynite is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #317
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Down 1.8lbs, to 167.4. So far, so good. I really miss Atkins and eating high fat food but for now I can sacrifice to get the pounds off. Good thing I know how to maintain well on Atkins because I'm definitely going back once I get to goal. Getting ready to exercise so will check back here when I get to work. TGIF!!
- Good Job! Keep up the good work!

Are you on P2 also? I sure hope so. I started off with you, Gracie, and Lorette... I sure hope we all can finish this together and be done for good!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #318
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea49 View Post
EXCELLENT!!! Ditto on the TGIF too. TTYL.
Thanks Jane! Heading to your journal in a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Good Morning Shari, you go girl Excellent release
Thanks Lo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is wonderful Shari!! AS long as you can stick to this, keep on going girl!!... I wish I had your mindset right now.. you and Loretta! Go girls!!
It's really that the plan is easy..LOL. It's not hard and as long as I eat healthy the body does the rest. Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrynite View Post
KUTGW! Have a great weekend!
You too Starry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
- Good Job! Keep up the good work!

Are you on P2 also? I sure hope so. I started off with you, Gracie, and Lorette... I sure hope we all can finish this together and be done for good!
Thanks Meek. No I'm doing the 17dd...the results for me about the same as if doing the protocol for the first week but I get to eat more..LOL. I just can't mentally do the protocol right now..I'd cheat everyday, no joke.
shari is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #319
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,131
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Way to go Shari!!! Those pounds are flying off
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 06-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #320
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Way to go Shari!!! Those pounds are flying off
Thanks Gracie.
shari is offline  
Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #321
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Scale up by 0.2 but I think I'm retaining water...my legs are kinda sore from really stepping up the exercise yesterday. I keep thinking of eating high fat food...and having cravings for this, I'm really missing Atkins now. Why doesn't Atkins work like it did before? I've tried to lose doing it and the scale either moves very slow or stalls now, no great losses like in the beginning. I wonder why?

I'm torn because I like being able to eat fruit and yogurt on 17dd plus the scale moves yet I want to eat high fat with Atkins but risk the scale not moving or losing slowly...I just want to be done with it all!

But I was reading 17dd book yesterday and Dr. Moreno really said something that struck me, as long as you lose weight and to maintain you will ALWAYS be on a diet because you can never go back to how you ate before and will have to weigh yourself periodically to make sure you don't go over what he gives is a 5lb range. That sucks but it's true. The habit and comfort of eating bad food is always looming and even when I have control of it, it rears it's ugly head from time to time....

I've typed a lot...don't get me wrong, I feel good overall mentally and physically especially since TOM is leaving, I'm eating healthier and exercising but I'm having this internal battle going on....just writing my thoughts....

Last edited by shari; 06-04-2011 at 06:39 AM..
shari is offline  
Old 06-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!
 
sweetpea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,770
Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Scale up by 0.2 but I think I'm retaining water...my legs are kinda sore from really stepping up the exercise yesterday. I keep thinking of eating high fat food...and having cravings for this, I'm really missing Atkins now. Why doesn't Atkins work like it did before? I've tried to lose doing it and the scale either moves very slow or stalls now, no great losses like in the beginning. I wonder why?

I'm torn because I like being able to eat fruit and yogurt on 17dd plus the scale moves yet I want to eat high fat with Atkins but risk the scale not moving or losing slowly...I just want to be done with it all!

But I was reading 17dd book yesterday and Dr. Moreno really said something that struck me, as long as you lose weight and to maintain you will ALWAYS be on a diet because you can never go back to how you ate before and will have to weigh yourself periodically to make sure you don't go over what he gives is a 5lb range. That sucks but it's true. The habit and comfort of eating bad food is always looming and even when I have control of it, it rears it's ugly head from time to time....

I've typed a lot...don't get me wrong, I feel good overall mentally and physically especially since TOM is leaving, I'm eating healthier and exercising but I'm having this internal battle going on....just writing my thoughts....
When I restarted Atkins in mid-October, I experienced the same thing you did. I thought it was "carb creep" but I was keeping a very close eye on what I was consuming. Then I found an article that mentioned "one golden chance." It seems that the first time, Atkins works wonders and fast; all subsequent times the weight loss is slow. I don't know the science or the rationale behind this. This is why I started experimenting with other diets and watching my calorie/fat consumption.

I read that in Dr M's book too; we would be gaining and losing the weight over and over again. It gets harder and harder the older we get, and menopause and post-menopause years are really challenging. Depressing thoughts....need to cheer up!!!
__________________
10/12/2010 207.5
10/31/2010 200.0
11/30/2010 193.0
12/31/2010 188.0
1/31/2011 185.0
2/28/2011 181.0
3/31/2011 179.0
4/30/2011 171.0
5/31/2011 176.5 (2 weeks of vacation!)
6/30-7/31/2011 166.5/167.0 (Maintenance!)
sweetpea49 is offline  
Old 06-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #323
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
I've heard that 'golden shot' rule too but I've seen where people have lost, gained and lost again doing Atkins...maybe not as fast at the first time but they still lose weight. I wonder why for some it seems to 'stop' working. I mean you still lose weight but it's so darn slow it can get to be discouraging.

I was tempted to do a LC day but remembered my commitment to do this through the 17 days so just had my fruit, yogurt and lemon water. Getting prepared to drink my green tea...
shari is offline  
Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #324
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Kept everything clean and good until last night when I went over to a gf's house and had snacks and a drink.... I didn't overindulge so scale stilled showed a loss of 0.4, I know it would've been more but I'm happy at least it's still a loss.

Clean eating today and exercise. I didn't exercise yesterday because I wanted to let my legs rest..they were sore from Friday's workout.
shari is offline  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #325
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Happy Sunday Shari. You are doing good - so no worries. Keep at it!

I so hope the Golden Rule isn't true- but in my case, it kinda sorta is .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #326
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Morning Shari! Well I agree with you on Atkins being much slower after the first time... that is really my only problem with the plan. I just know my body loves eating fat and meat... always has since I was a child.

Oh well, good luck with your 17 days!!!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #327
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Happy Sunday Shari. You are doing good - so no worries. Keep at it!

I so hope the Golden Rule isn't true- but in my case, it kinda sorta is .
Me too... I plan to use it to maintain though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning Shari! Well I agree with you on Atkins being much slower after the first time... that is really my only problem with the plan. I just know my body loves eating fat and meat... always has since I was a child.

Oh well, good luck with your 17 days!!!!
Thanks Deb!
shari is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #328
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,222
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Scale was UP today...I don't know why, outside of increasing exercise so maybe my body is adjusting. I stayed on plan and drank water so I have to say it's just normal fluctuations. Getting ready to exercise so will check back in when I get to work.

I have a couple of upcoming plans for the summer and it's going to be hard to stick to 17dd on those days. I'm debating on what to do...continue 17dd anyway or just get to mini-goal (161) and maintain for the summer (?). I'll see how I feel closer to that time...
shari is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 AM   #329
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good Morning Shari.. good things to ponder for sure.. whatever you decide just feel peace with it and enjoy your summer!!!.. Hope you have a lovely day!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!
 
sweetpea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,770
Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Happy Monday! Back to the daily grind.

I hear you about summer plans. June is going to be a tough month for me. I will just try to do my best.

Hugs...Jane
sweetpea49 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.