Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Happy Friday, Deb & friends!

Sounds like everyone's doing well.

I'm doing better, now that I've figured out that artificial sweeteners are not my friend, and that consuming too much of it bloats me up and stops my weight-loss in its tracks. At least I figured out what the problem was am back on track. Still, losing a week to something like this makes me ! Cookies and cake, I can understand, but SF pudding mix and SF popsicles?
Sorry to hear the artificial sweetners are hurting you! NO!!!! It is our only treat these days... Hang in there and maybe when you get to GOAL things will change?.... one can only hope!

Glad you are losing though Laura.. keep it up!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
don't blame ya for getting mad at losing a week worth of losses due to AS
Yeah, it really pisses me off, because I've been so good otherwise. Again, if I'd been eating cookies, cake & ice cream, I'd totally understand, but a bit of extra AS?

Quote:
At the bowling alley and Cece's?!?!?!?

Ok. You guys help me! HOW WOULD YOU APPROACH SAID SITUATION!?
Pati, you're not going to believe this, but I have the answer for you!

Cici's Low Carb bowl
Firm Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Sorry to hear the artificial sweetners are hurting you! NO!!!! It is our only treat these days... Hang in there and maybe when you get to GOAL things will change?.... one can only hope!

Glad you are losing though Laura.. keep it up!
Oops, we were posting at the same time. :blush:

The amount I was eating probably wouldn't be a problem if I was eating maintenance calories, but clearly are a problem for me on dieting calories. It sucks, but I can't change it, so I'll just deal with it. Losing this weight is more important than a couple of SF treats, so buh bye treats - don't let the door hit ya on the butt on the way out!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #244

Quote:
At the bowling alley and Cece's?!?!?!?

Ok. You guys help me! HOW WOULD YOU APPROACH SAID SITUATION!?
I am a bad influence so listen to Laura!...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #245

Quote:
Oops, we were posting at the same time. :blush:

The amount I was eating probably wouldn't be a problem if I was eating maintenance calories, but clearly are a problem for me on dieting calories. It sucks, but I can't change it, so I'll just deal with it. Losing this weight is more important than a couple of SF treats, so buh bye treats - don't let the door hit ya on the butt on the way out!
GREAT ATTITUDE!! I need to adopt that one more often!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Yeah, it really pisses me off, because I've been so good otherwise. Again, if I'd been eating cookies, cake & ice cream, I'd totally understand, but a bit of extra AS?

Pati, you're not going to believe this, but I have the answer for you!

Cici's Low Carb bowl
I WANT TO KISS YOU!!!!!!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NAVARA2011
WOE: hhcg and JUDDD
JUDDDING WITH PEANUT BUTTER.

Hi all, not sure if there is anything to this or not, but now that my beautiful Salter scales have arrived, I can weigh morning , night - whenever, just because ... I can.

So, yesterday weighed in the morning - it was a down day on JUDDD -

1X2.30 kg (some numbers are secret !!! the X is undisclosed at this time ), late last night tried the scales again and it said
1X2.60 kg - all good.

I was a little hungry , so had 2 tablespoons peanut butter before bed - should not strickly have eaten this on a down day - however, this morning the scale said...
1X1.20 kg.

thats a kilo overnight !!! that's like 2.4 pounds - overnight.
WEIRD OR WHAT.

Just thinking this may have some relation to some other posts I have been reading on EFGT (eat fat, get thin).

Did the fat in the peanut butter, cause me to burn more fat overnight.

Any thoughts you guys ??

I will try this bedtime peanut butter on my next down day, and see what happens.

Last edited by NAVARA2011; 04-29-2011 at 08:14 PM..
NAVARA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb & Friends! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Quote:
GREAT ATTITUDE!! I need to adopt that one more often!
If I had adopted that attiitude when I first moved up to Atlanta and in with my husband, I wouldn't be where I am now (needing to lose the weight I gained back then!) Better late than never, right?

Quote:
I WANT TO KISS YOU!!!!!!
Awww! :blush: No need, hon - you helped me out, and I just wanted to return the favor. I hope you have fun!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Cool info on CiCi's!! I need to find one close to me and take my kids..
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hi Deb ha yep I have been busy enjoying the nice weather, it is a turn up for the books and been lovely here for over a week now, I hope your having a smashing weekend
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #251

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
... I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #252

Hellooooooooooooooo.... where is everyone???
Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #253

Hi all... feeling not too chatty lately so sorry for not checking in more.. anyway.. my best buddy at work was let go because the position is ending and that really has me down in the dumps...

I am not doing real good being on plan either.. just not feeling it right now.. the head is just elsewhere.. I know I will get back into a better mood soon, but right now, just not..

I sure hope everyone else is doing well!!!... Miss you ladies and a rare gent...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #254

Hi Deb. Thanks for checking in. Sorry about your buddy. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself, .
Old 05-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #255

Thank you Meek, I know I will be back to myself real soon...
Old 05-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #256

Quote:
Thank you Meek, I know I will be back to myself real soon...
I know you will too. You're a tough cookie! Take your time and start again when YOU'RE ready!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hey Deb take it easy dont let a little curve ball throw you of track, I will chat to you in a week, take care of yourself
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Hi all... feeling not too chatty lately so sorry for not checking in more.. anyway.. my best buddy at work was let go because the position is ending and that really has me down in the dumps...

I am not doing real good being on plan either.. just not feeling it right now.. the head is just elsewhere.. I know I will get back into a better mood soon, but right now, just not..

I sure hope everyone else is doing well!!!... Miss you ladies and a rare gent...
You've been here for everyone else, we will ALWAYS be here for you. Take care of yourself Deb, you deserve it!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #259

Good morning Deb.

I agree with Sans and Maggie.

Take care of yourself. We love you girl.

Meek
Old 05-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #260

Thank you Ladies, I want to just cry.. you all are so sweet!! I woke up feeling better this morning, and just giving myself permission to chill out for a bit.. I am at a weight I have not seen in years, and I DO want to get to goal, but I am in no hurry right now.. I want to be happy and healthy most of all.

I think adding in some sort of exercise will help with the blues I am feeling.. so that is going to be something I will do this week. Just taking one day at a time, and enjoying what I can each day.

One thing that made me smile this morning is waking up from a dream that I was married to Adam Lambert... It really was sweet, innocent and funny. Not that I want to marry a gay man, and I do love my hubby, but it really made me crack up. I needed that.

Have a wonderful day all of you!! I feel the love...
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #261

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:

I'm so sorry Deb..for you and your friend, how awful. It will all come together. Take care of yourself and we're always here for you.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #262

Quote:
Thank you Ladies, I want to just cry.. you all are so sweet!! I woke up feeling better this morning, and just giving myself permission to chill out for a bit.. I am at a weight I have not seen in years, and I DO want to get to goal, but I am in no hurry right now.. I want to be happy and healthy most of all.

I think adding in some sort of exercise will help with the blues I am feeling.. so that is going to be something I will do this week. Just taking one day at a time, and enjoying what I can each day.

One thing that made me smile this morning is waking up from a dream that I was married to Adam Lambert... It really was sweet, innocent and funny. Not that I want to marry a gay man, and I do love my hubby, but it really made me crack up. I needed that.

regarding Adam Lambert! Too funny.
You got the right attitude..concentrate on being healthy and the HUGE accomplishment you've had thus far...losing 100 pounds! Plus exercise will help tremendously with improving your mood. Hope you feel better, hun.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Quote:

First and foremost

Like the ladies said, you've been here for all of us and we will be here for you!!!

Sorry about your friend. Tough to deal with I'm sure but hopefully your friend will find something soon!!! I pray they do

Cute dream

BTW - Can I join you? I am throwing the towel in (not completely) on this p2. Like you, my head is not in it! I am going back to low carb and see if i can restart next week. I don't want to wait to long to restart only because I'm a cheapo and I refuse to let the already mixed rx go to waste! If I can't find it in me to restart then, I will just dump that batch and MAYBE (gosh) do a round with hhcg *shudders at the thought * I do have one more vial of rx but I want to be 100% in the game before mixing it....I am adding fulltime exercise in tho'. I think that will help. We shall see

Anyway, I hope you feel better and hoping you have a wonderful day (hopefully you are having sunshine in MO and that will help! If you do have a sunny day, try and get some rays!!!!!)

Love ya babe
Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I'm so sorry Deb..for you and your friend, how awful. It will all come together. Take care of yourself and we're always here for you.
Thank you Shari.. you are a doll! I appreciate you so much! I will indeed take care of myself... who else will?...

Quote:
regarding Adam Lambert! Too funny.
You got the right attitude..concentrate on being healthy and the HUGE accomplishment you've had thus far...losing 100 pounds! Plus exercise will help tremendously with improving your mood. Hope you feel better, hun.
I agree, I think Exercise has been my missing link. Hope it helps, I know it has in the past.. thanks hon..

Quote:
First and foremost

Like the ladies said, you've been here for all of us and we will be here for you!!!

Sorry about your friend. Tough to deal with I'm sure but hopefully your friend will find something soon!!! I pray they do

Cute dream

BTW - Can I join you? I am throwing the towel in (not completely) on this p2. Like you, my head is not in it! I am going back to low carb and see if i can restart next week. I don't want to wait to long to restart only because I'm a cheapo and I refuse to let the already mixed rx go to waste! If I can't find it in me to restart then, I will just dump that batch and MAYBE (gosh) do a round with hhcg *shudders at the thought * I do have one more vial of rx but I want to be 100% in the game before mixing it....I am adding fulltime exercise in tho'. I think that will help. We shall see

Anyway, I hope you feel better and hoping you have a wonderful day (hopefully you are having sunshine in MO and that will help! If you do have a sunny day, try and get some rays!!!!!)

Love ya babe
Thank you my dear DIL... Yes you may join me in being bullheaded this week... If our heads are not in it, it is tough to be so strict. We have to do what we have to do.... I also understand not wanting to waste the mixed batch. I fortunatly have not mixed my next batch yet, so it should be ok until I decide what or when to do it again...

You do what you need to though, we are here for you too!!.. even if i am worthless at the cheerleading right now... At least my journal has lots of good people in it who will cheer you on too!!! Love you all!!!

As for my friend.. we went out for dinner on her birthday yesterday and shared a good cry... but then we decided this won't change anything other than daily work conversation.. we are still going to hang out. She is building a new house about 5 miles from us, so it is all good. I just felt so bad for her.

This morning she tells me they are going to help place her in another position within the Hospital that will suit her better. So she won't be out on the street, and I am grateful for that. I will just miss her... that's all...

Thanks my dears, I am going to be fine... off to work now.. I have to keep my job...
Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 AM   #265

I feel better already today.. just the weight of HAVING to stick to a plan because I said so, is gone. My friend is doing better, she is optimistic that a better job is coming.. I started back on my Elip yesterday for a little bit, and then puttered around out back. THEN decided to try some Zumba.. wow.. that is a fun workout.

So no promises anymore.. I am just a day to day girl... but I am happier that way right now...

Hope you all are doing FAB!!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I feel better already today.. just the weight of HAVING to stick to a plan because I said so, is gone. My friend is doing better, she is optimistic that a better job is coming.. I started back on my Elip yesterday for a little bit, and then puttered around out back. THEN decided to try some Zumba.. wow.. that is a fun workout.

So no promises anymore.. I am just a day to day girl... but I am happier that way right now...

Glad you are feeling better doll!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #267

Quote:

Glad today is better for you. Good job working out...sometimes the hardest part is starting out again.

I know how you feel about releasing the pressure to have to stick to a plan.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:

Deb a day to day girl is okay in my book. Isn't it weird how we put soooo much pressure on ourselves and then when we allow ourselves to not feel pressured we are so much better? I want you to know that we are allowed to change our minds number 1 because we are women and 2 we just can I truly hope you feel better about all this losing weight stuff, you of all people have lost a tremendous amount of weight and certainly do not need to emotionally punish yourself as to whether you stay on a particular WOE or not. Exercising certainly releases some feel good endorphins so Zumba sounds like a plan. Deb, have a nice day and be good to yourself because you deserve it.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #269

Quote:
Glad you are feeling better doll!
Thank you Darlin!!! Yes, I am feeling so much better today... How are things going for you this week?

Quote:
Glad today is better for you. Good job working out...sometimes the hardest part is starting out again.

I know how you feel about releasing the pressure to have to stick to a plan.
Thanks Shari!! I know working out always made me feel good before, so one day at a time, I am going to just do SOMETHING...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Deb a day to day girl is okay in my book. Isn't it weird how we put soooo much pressure on ourselves and then when we allow ourselves to not feel pressured we are so much better? I want you to know that we are allowed to change our minds number 1 because we are women and 2 we just can I truly hope you feel better about all this losing weight stuff, you of all people have lost a tremendous amount of weight and certainly do not need to emotionally punish yourself as to whether you stay on a particular WOE or not. Exercising certainly releases some feel good endorphins so Zumba sounds like a plan. Deb, have a nice day and be good to yourself because you deserve it.

YES YES YES!!! Thank you Maggie, for expressing what I was trying to say... so much pressure put on by ME.. nobody else... all I get here is support... so when I mentally released that pressure.. I just felt such calm... it is wonderful... day by day!!.. oh yes...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

MEH. I feel bad. I know I shouldn't. I am only human. Doing P2 is a difficult task. I managed a full P2 successfully and I should be proud of that but I feel like such a failure for messing up my round 2!

I am doing low carb but that does nothing for my scale and I haven't gotten on the scale from the weekend fun and I refuse to! *umpf*