Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 05:04 AM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Diane take it easy today, don't over do it. Hugs to you.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #152
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Awwwww Diane! So sorry to hear of your set-back!!! Believe that it's only temporary though, sweetie!!!!! Your meals don't sound fake at all! They sound sooooo yummy! Will be back in a bit to finish posting to everyone!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Thanks Everyone! Amber you are so right, I have been terribly moody. I am just feeling like I keep running into brick walls. The whole thing with my health, hip, thyroid, etc has been going on for over a year and I just want some relief!
The fake food D was joking with me about is all my MIM, RR, weird snickerdoodles and now my shakes. He feels like a guinea pig LOL! He says my other things have been great and LOVES Linda's casserole

and yes Majella, now I know my limits
Frenchie'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #154
the condiment queen

LOL Diane! Denny knows better than to question the food coming out of our kitchen lol. He just eats it and quietly mentions if there is something that makes him hurl! LOL, He values eating too much to risk the wrath of the daily cook.

Remember to just keep blinders on and do what you need to do for today. Before you know it, you will be able to look back over 6 months and that is when you will be able to truly see results. Please don't forget to take photos and and also measurements!!!

Also, you should prolly keep your carbs at about 30net a day or slightly above to keep your thyroid stimulated. But you may need to eat a little lower fat to lose with that. I do that to keep my adrenals and thyroid behaving and I def have to keep my fat between 40-60% and calories have to be limited for me to lose. I maintain beautifully though, just being low carb with no extra gyrations. Not everyone is like me, so don't take N=1 to be the general rule.

This is a healing way of eating though.

And omg don't you love Linda's recipes!!!!!!?????!!! I may make White Castle or Coney Island Casserole tonight.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
you share your precious weird low carb foods with your husband??

Just kidding. I know it's interesting living with non-low carbers. Usually low carb food is just normal every day food! Well, it's better than "normal" food, that's for sure. My husband LOVES when I'm seriously low carbing, he eats SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD when I do! He loves the steaks and pork roasts and pot roasts and all the interesting yummy veggie sides and the big salads. He just adds a side of rice to whatever I make. You sound like a really good cook, Diane, I'm sure D is just fine eating what you make with a side of that amazing French Bread you can get! I would just try to keep the food "real" for him, and not get too crazy with the "fake" noodles and such, just save that for yourself, you can give him "real" noodles!

That is how I have survived so long living with two regular carbers! We all eat the same stuff mostly, but they add bread, rice, noodles, whatever-- and I'm okay with it and happy eating my "substitutes."

Sorry you feel like you overdid it with the exercise-- don't do too much too soon! You have a hip injury! It cannot heal if it's bothered too much. Take it easy on yourself and only do stuff that doesn't irritate it... but still do stuff!

Cheer up! You're in gorgeous FRANCE for crying out loud, you can eat gloriously rich satisfying low carb food, and have a sinfully young sexy husband! YAHOO!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Unfortunately that won't work with me Pooti. Frenchie is an accomplished cook and isn't afraid to take over in there, although no telling what he throws in the stuff he cooks. It does ALWAYS taste fantastic though. I have to keep him from the kitchen or I will be blowing back up fast!

I think it is going to take some figuring for me to know exactly what will work for me. From what I understand of what the doc told me, my thyroid is beyond stimulating. She basically said it was dead in the water. I don't know what that signifies with the diet. I have been very good this week about getting up and taking my hormone pill as soon as I am awake, then either going back to rest a few more minutes or sitting quietly before I make my coffee and breakfast to give it time to enter my system. I was NOT doing that before and I wonder how much that affected my metabolism?

I am not sure where my carbs are at because I havent been counting. I have just been eating enough to get full and that's it. I have always ate like a bird though unless it involved snackies. I can go wild on them and have been known to completely obliterate a big bag of M&Ms :blush: Also chips and salsa...not sure how I will live without them. I fear I am way below 30 on most days though.

SO far I have only made one of LInda's recipes but it was a win. I have a feeling I will be returning to her recipe page again and again!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Diane, please take it easy today and rest your hip. You have been doing great so far!

Snacks are my weakness too ... chips, and chocolate, and candy, cake ... bleh.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:49 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Everybody! I did take it fairly easy yesterday. I recut my hair and like it much better now, dyed it, took a nice long luxurious soak in a bubble bath and then used my new lotion I made with coco butter, almond and jojoba oil. I scented it with rose and ylang ylang and it smells so yummi. Its an extra rich moisterizer so I woke up this morning with super soft skin. Love it!

B: SHake with a splash of cream (thanks Amber)
L: Lemon Chicken breast
S: One square choco orange
D: Pork Loin with a glaze made from butter, onion, rosemary, chicken broth and two spoonsful of my lc strawberry preserves, Turnip au gratin

Dinner was a hit. The pork loin I seared using the recipe from pioneer woman, then I made this wonderful glaze to pour over the top. Can I just say WOW? Also the turnip au gratin turned out very nice, the parts where the turnip cooked more I seemed to like better then where it wasn't as cooked but the flavor was nice and I was happily surprised with it. I have no idea the carb count but it was all fairly low carb, only thing that might have brought the carbs up was the preserves.

Last night I spent wrapping ribbons onto cards. I am proud that I was able to do a whole dye batch this weekend. It has been awhile since I could really work. The spot in my eye seems to be receding. I can't see it as well when I squint whereas before if I squinted I could see it clear as day. I can't wait to go back to the eye doc and see what she says. I would like to get this cleared up, get my other eye operated on and then get my new glasses and maybe contacts. I want to be able to see right again! I want to be able to sew again! I definitely am done with this life of sitting in a chair not being able to work or anything else but watch mindless tv and be bored.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Diane you day sounds wonderful, what a smart cookie you are making you own lotion, I don't have a creative bone in my body. I love pork infact we are having pork chops for dinner but Jeff likes them baked in a low oven. I need to get me arse to the eye dr too, it's been over 4 yrs since I have been. Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:56 AM   #160
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Diane your talents are limitless! I got some pure cocoa butter for my scars it is hard as a rock! DO you heat it first? That smell sounds yummy, I love rose scents, we had an old perfume here Tea Rose it smelled like old ladies! I love that scent! I remember my Gram's sister Nanny Een, she was like 4'10 and had the biggest boobies ever for such a little woman, she was always powdering her neck and under her boobies, LOL and she had the softest skin, I always remember kissing her and her face smelled so good and was so soft, I miss her I dont know why but reading that just gave me a flash!

That pork sounds downright delish!!!! I love a good roast, you can roast turnips too, I do that, throw a little herbs on and bake until soft, they are so good!

Fryer day if it stops raining, we are having wings and celeric chips! Yummy
Old 04-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Amber I don't know about that, I actually consider my lotion experiment somewhat of a fail. You actually make it on a double boiler and yes the coco butter will melt. YOu can even put a samll piece in your hand the warmth will melt it. I mixed mine with the jojoba and almond oils, some bees wax and water, then mixed it like crazy as it melted. SOme of the water still separated out and so I didnt do it correctly. What I ended up with was a very thick almost hard cream. I put it in my hands and it just starts melting and releasing the yummiest moist lovely cream. I wish it would just be the cream in the first place but I am still happy with it. It makes my skin feel divine and that's what's important. I experimented around with essential oils quite a bit when I first moved here and made lots of bath salts, skin scrubs, foot oils and such (can't believe I never tried Amgela's cocnut oil then) I had a lot of fun with it and I still have my chest of around 50 different oils and I make melt and pour glycerin soaps and drop the oils in my tub from time to time. I could see myself really getting involved in those things but I love my fibers more. I have always been a person with my hands in too many pots. I just have too many interests!

Laura~ Yes you really should go, I was really freaked out when I went in and she found all the problems I am having. I have been on work restriction for over a month now. I cringe to think what might have happened if I hadn't went in and had her find those things. My other eye without the spot has a weakening and is in eminent threat of the retina detatching. As soon as this spot heals I have to have laser surgery on that eye. All very scary stuff!

Last edited by Frenchie'sGirl; 04-17-2011 at 06:57 AM..
Old 04-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad you took a relaxing beauty day, Diane! I've never had turnips before this current lc run, and I love them! Whodathunk? I used the Pioneer Woman's au gratin recipe with gruyere cheese--- yuuuuuuuuum!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Angela! I actually used whatever weird mountain cheese we had left in the fridge, a few different types. I think a goat's milk cheese and a cow's milk, no telling the names. The cheese guy sends them to me wrapped in paper and I always forget what their names are. I just test a piece to see if the flavor will agree with me
Old 04-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #164
the condiment queen

Wow! YOu are one talented lady!!!! Your lotion and your pork sound fantastic!!!! I'm so glad you've had a blessed weekend and have been able to relax.

You = lucky! If I get down in my bath, it would take the fire department to get me out. LOL, I can't even get down on the floor and get up without help. :blush: Oh well, maybe one day soon!

Have a beautiful night! Is it still Sunday there?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #165

Diane- I went through a soap making phase then got rid of all the molds and stuff when I moved, it was fun though!!!! I cant wait to rub something soothing on these arms, LOL

I wish I could take a bath I miss it, I am afraid of not being able to extract myself now with no arm usage and my arm pit area hurting so bad it would be like Pooti, call the Fire Dept!!! LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Oh you poor girls! My baths are my saving grace. I don't know what I would do without them. My sis can't take them either. I have a lot of joint pain and when it gets too much I go in and put some epsom salts in teh water and soak. It is an amazing help with those kind of aches and those baths get me through some pretty bad days. I love my baths so much I think if I got in the situation where I couldnt get back out I would save all my money just to buy one of those with the seat in it and the door in the side. Crazy looking but I think it would work
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

B: Shake
L: PUmpkin looking veggie soup with sausage mushrooms and onions ( I added chicken broth this time) cayenne and stevia.
S: choco orange square
D: chicken winges form teh pizza place

I think those chicken wings might be dredged in flour. I might have to forgo those in the future. I am back up to 11okg. SO this week has been another waffling week of my weight going back and forth all within the same 1 pound range. I dont mind if it waffles as long as it heads in the downward direction but it seems to be going upwards instead. *sigh*

I am heading out the door in a few minutes to go to the dentist. I am not happy about this. Last time he opened a tooth I am having problems with and was probing down in the root area WITHOUT anesthesia. I swaer if he does that to me again today I am going to punch him in the jaw! He always was so good before and numbed me up good. Not sure what got into him last time but I can NOT take the pain. Seriously NOT!

Hope you all have a good day...I am off!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Arrived at my dentist office to find out he had been in a car accident this morning , I really hope he is ok. I feel bad now about what I said cause I really wouldn't wish harm to anyone.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry to hear that Diane but I'm sure you thoughts had nothing to do with the wreck, don't do this to yourself. Have a good day today.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #170
the condiment queen

Wow hope he's ok. Remind me to stay on your good side missy!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

baths

Unfortunately, I don't fit. I wish I had one of those enormous tubs, but I don't. I guess there are a few drawbacks to being over 6 feet tall!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Diane, sounds like you had a lovely day with the pampering! Well deserved!
I need to get that au gratin recipe. I have some daikon radishes in my refrigerator that are just sitting there. Wonder if they would work?
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've never had cooked daikon! It's always crispy and cold in a salad, a Japanese pickle thing or just raw plain or with dip. If you cook it, let me know how it turns out!

The turnip recipe I love is this one: Turnip Gratin | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond DELICIOUS!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #175
the condiment queen

I've made Daikon Zoodles before and they were meh, just ok. I prefer the texture of zucchini for zoodles. Haven't tried them in hashbrowns yet or roasted. But I love radishes done both of those ways, so I'm thinking I would like daikon fixed that way.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

I have never tried Daikon and dont even know what it looks like. Tomorrow is the farmers market here in town. I have never been to this particular market and hope to find some goodies there but I doubt there will be much exotic. Right now I am staring at a quickly depleting cupboard and getting nervous. I have plenty of meat in the freezer, eggs and only a few veggies (some cauli and zuch) but no cheese except sandwich squares *gasp* (that never happens here BTW) and I am supposed to last the month on this? I definitely have a lot to learn.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #177

I have made like a hash brown with regular radish so maybe the daikon would work like that, just shred add a little egg and cheese, like shredded parm and fry in butter, yummy!!!!!! I like daikon and kolrabi salad with asian vinaigrette, has artichoke hearts tonight, I forgot about them until someone mention them, 1 net carb, 5 carbs, 4 fiber in 1/2 cup delish, I like to vary my veg!!!!

I like my tubby baths too, my old house I had a huge 2 peson jacuzzi in the bathroom and a hot tub outside I was in that every night! Here I get in the tub but just cant now in my arm state, but as soon as I can I am getting in with epsom salts.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daikon looks like a GIANT white carrot, with the texture of a crispy radish. Love them!

Hope you have a great day today, Diane!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

I never realized that this diet would be such a struggle. I find myself terribly moody lately, easily given to feelings of defeat and trying hard to pull out of them but it is taking great effort. Yesterday was a huge stress ball. I had problems with my bank in the US, one of my accounts was closed without my knowledge (sis gets statements and doesnt open them so missed the letter) I needed to make an important order for my business through that account and couldnt. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone to US trying to sort out the problem and before it was even finished I was spasming from my neck through my shoulders and down my back. I was so stressed I just wanted to eat. I wanted sweets! Anything to relieve the tension. I ate an extra piece of chocolate and that didnt do it. Then I ate a small handful of cashews and went and took a long soak in the tub trying to calm my butt down. When I got out I realized I had no idea what to cook for dinner and nothing thawed. It was not a kodak moment that's for sure.
This morning I got on the scale only to see the line on the graph steadily creeping back up. I couldn't believe it. Each day it goes a bit higher, a pound, a half pound. I know Angela that you advise not weighing but I gotta tell ya, if I weighed once a week and got on to find I had gained 3 pounds I would be in even worse shape. Although hard to say which is easier to take. I am slowly gaining back all my weight. Then I went into the kitchen to make my shake and when I lifted the blender the handle came off of it, the blender went flying and I had shake all over the walls, floor, shelf, canned goods, etc. I am not a happy camper right now.
I feel like even with all this work and deprivation I am in the same place I was three weeks ago when I started.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww Hugs to you Diane, this WOE/WOL is hard..we all cheat at some point but the trick is to just get right back on the horse and try again.

Diane I tried the weekly weighing and I think I stressed more wondering about what was happing with the scales than I did when I weighed daily so I went back to daily weighing and am at peace with it now.

Sorry you are having such problems with you US bank, they can be real butts can't they.

Maybe you need a vacation to some exotic location with hubba hubba hubby to take your mind off of every day life, couldn't hurt.

Have a wonderful day.