Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Diane don't be so sad, I know it's hard when your DH is gone, lonely is the pits. Hugs to you. I haven't had a chance to visit your site yet, plan on doing that tonight. Take care.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Yup here is the place to dump all your worries.

Hey I just had a brilliant idea (perhaps). Is the reason you can't exercise due to the hip or some other underlying medical issue? If it is just due to the hip you could totally do those chair workouts. I know a fair few disabled and immobile elderly do them to keep active. Just using uper body sorta thing?

Pizza sounds interesting. Glad it tasted good!

Hubby will be home soon to give ya a big cuddle! The days will FLY by! Keep busy, it tends to help keep your mind off stuff.

And i totally understand how you are with that motivation as long as you see progress. You may have to find the motivation to stay long haul through something a bit different? Not sure what yet. No coffee in this body cos some jerk rang me while I was in bed.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
tiggy_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
LOL wrong college-- oops! You can come visit Oregon anyway, we'll show you the sites!

Sorry you had a down day. I thought this journey was going to be easy breezy, too. Boy was I wrong! I'm a little stunned I haven't given up yet-- this 6 month stall is enough to kill anyone's desire to stay low carb and help them dive head first into a chocolate cake. But I'm still going. Funny enough, the days are blowing by pretty quick-- sheesh, has it been 6 months already? And I'm still going? Weird. Anyway, don't let it get you down. Just get it through your beautiful head that this is FOR LIFE, and FOR HEALTH. You are still in the beginning stages, relax and just BE. There is so much available that is low carb and delicious, and you are putting together a low carb baking kitchen-- you are going to be fine! A lot of French cooking is low carb-- get yourself the Julia Child books and start cookin' and eatin' and enjoying French Low Carb!

I also noticed that you don't eat much. You were ashamed to have another slice of low carb pizza? Don't be silly. Enjoy your pizza, fill your belly, be satisfied, not ashamed!

(And speaking of pizza-- have your tried Cleo's famous cauliflower crust? I haven't yet, but lots say it is super delicious! Your Lighter Side...: Low-carb pizza dough (cauliflower) )

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diane-- are you tall, too? Sweet!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Hello Everyone, I am SICK UGH! I kinda knew something was going on yesterday, I felt off all day and then did the nose dive into depression and that should have been a clue. I went to bed around 1 and woke up at 9:30 wiht a pounding head and sore throat so I took a pill and went back to sleep. I slept till 2:30
I feel a bit better but shaky. Guess I caught what hubby had after all. Not fun! So since I weigh myself every day at 3 I went ahead and weighed even though I havent had anything to eat or drink. Maybe I should do that more often! I was down 1.4kg That a good three pounds! I realize it's probably because I havent had anything to eat today but wow it made me feel good for the moment. I am sure it will shoot right back up there tomorrow.
Laura~ THank you hon, I do miss him sorely and hearing his voice last night at midnight with it's little slur in it cause he had been out having a few drinks with his collegues down there made it worse. I am glad he got to have some fun though, He rarely let's himself.
Tiggy~ Yes the no exercise is because of my hip. I have severe bursitis and tendonitis in it and doc says every time I even walk it irritates it amd makes it worse. The most I am allowed to do is walk to the post office. THe chair exercises is a great idea though! I have a book with back exercises in it and I think it has a chapter with chair ones. I dont know why I didnt think of that myself. You are the best!
Amber~ I am the grunge queen today, you would be proud of me I am planning on cutting my hair while he is gone, wow wont that be a shock He likes it long so I thought I would layer it, so it stays long but also gives it a bit of body, it tends to curl a bit if its shorter and I'm tired of the long straight look.
Angela,~ you deserve a medal for your staying power. I am so proud of you and when I first read your journal I told myself..this girl proves it can be done. I can change for the healthier and stick to it! You are right about the french cooking too. They cook very low carb it seems but you will never see a french table without LOTS of bread on it LOL
I can always pass up on the bread...although the multigrain is SO GOOD but I do have to figure out something I can eat foie gras on. I refuse to give up that divine treat and so I must have something to eat it on. My favorite were the little thin slices of canape bread with figs in them. I wonder how many carbs are in one of those...I have time though. I rarely have the opportunity to indulge in that one. It is SO expensive! D's Great aunt and his mother make it themselves together but the great aunt is getting quite old and I dont know if she is still up to it. You would be amazed at the old people here. IN their 80's and still living alone and going about doing things. Healthy and happy a lot of the times. Sure they get sick, etc but they seem so much more alive and actually have lives. It was quite a culture shock in itself. If that doesnt prove there is something to the french diet then I dont know what would. Unfortunately the younger generation is quickly converting to the fast food bad habits and more convenience foods are popping up every day in the grocery stores, even in the few years I have been here.
As to the cauliflower crust...I am not sure I am brave enough for that one. The cheese and egg one wasnt bad with the flax seed even with the cantal cheese. I will try it again with the mozzarella and see if it tones down the flavor. It was a VERY cheesy pizza LOL ONe of my favorite pizzas here is the goat cheese, pine nut and honey pizza but I guess tht one will be out now since it has honey
And yes Angela...I am tall but you still have me beat

Last edited by Frenchie'sGirl; 04-13-2011 at 06:39 AM..
Frenchie'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:49 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Diane I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oooo homemade foie gras! You lucky lady! For heaven sakes, get auntie to teach you how to make it!

I think elderly French people are so vibrant because maybe they aren't drowning in drugs? I know a lot of older Americans, and every single one of them has a list of drugs as long as their arms. It makes me sad because thier golden years are nothing but about feeling miserble, and most of it is drug related. Damn Big Pharma.

Also, why are you weighing at 3pm? That is not proper psychotic weighing ettiquette! A proper psycho will weigh herself first thing in the morning, naked, after peeing, and not a sip to drink. Your body spends all night organizing your fat and in the morning is when you will weigh the least consistently. At 3pm there are too many variables! I would die if I had to weigh at 3pm!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Janet, I am tryig!

Angela, dont ask my why I do the weird things I do...because I am weird? I think since I broke the record and weighed in at my 'early morning' weight I will just start doing that every day. I much prefer it if it keeps that up

I would love ot have g-auntie teach me except we live way up north here in france and they live way down south. I really like it here but the south of france is so much warmer ( a little too warm in the summer) I have heard it is a long bloody smelly process though, they actually start with going to a nearby farm to buy the geese....
Old 04-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to write my report for yesterday

Weight up 1 tenth of a kilo

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon
L: ham wrapped endive with bechamel sauce
S: 3 big slices of low carb pizza with sausage and muchroom YUM!

I also got my amino acides yesterday and started taking them, I was a little taken aback after I read the label and not sure if I should take them...one of the ingredients: Starch! Is that bad? Should I stop and get a different brand? Here I thought I had read everything carefully but I missed that.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What brand is it? I'll look them up.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Nutrisport, its a UK company. I have to go UK way cause shipping from US is kinda crazy with most companies

It's the AMino Acids L-Free Form/Short Peptides

Last edited by Frenchie'sGirl; 04-13-2011 at 07:43 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just looked at them-- ideally no starch would be better, but I wouldn't sweat it. It's probably just a little itty bit and your body would scoff at it anyway. Probably just used as a nonsense filler or something. Since you already have them and they are so valuable, use them!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

I did notice last night that even though I was really hungry and ate my pizza early, after that I didnt want to do a lot of munchig like I usually do. That has been my biggest battle. I took them this morning after my breakfast (two pieces of low carb pizza >.>) I will see how they work on those grazing urges today

Thanks for looking at them ANgela
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Hello again, I think you are doing great and agree with angela on everything she said. Yep I weigh myself each morning after I p and before I drink anything!!! I also have to set alarms on my phone to remind me to take pills otherwise i'd totally forget. I hope you are feeling better today. Yup eat more protein it does wonders especially eggs yummy eggs. I made that pizza too and it was yummy, I love pepperoni so I put that on it. I've never had a prop with veg but I dont like most veg anyways so I dont eat much!!! Hey I also make jewellery, glass jewellery and just got my business cert in the post today. I must visit your website soon if I had to work with thread's etc I'd be knotted up in it in no time!!!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another creator! Majella, I'd love to see your jewelry!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Majella your glass work is beautiful! I love it

SO many talented people here. You all just amaze me.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #107
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Diane! sweetie! I your journal!

Be gentle with yourself and rest. Sorry to hear you are all by your lonesome while feeling like crap!!!! Rest, eat, sleep and mostly drink that fluid!!!!!!

When you are ready I have an awesome lowcarb recipe for crackers that I adapted from Elana's Pantry. It's a walnut fig cracker and you can add rosemary if you want. It only uses two figs for the whole recipe so not too bad carb wise and it is TDF with foie mmmmm or indeed, any pate or liver sausage!!!

Get well soon, sweet talented lady!!!! Gosh I wish I could see well enough again, to do my needle art. I used to design and paint and work needlepoint canvas.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Why thank you so much Pooti! What a dear

A walnut fig cracker that goes great with foie Woo-Hoo what wonderful news. I would just cry if I had to miss out the next time that's set on the table. We have one big jar set up on the shelf for a special occasion and we didn't open it on my birthday. Now I can rest easy knowing Frenchie doesn't get to eat it all by his lonesome

I am drinking lots and lots of water and I thnk that 14 hour sleep last night helped quite a bit. Normally if I felt as bad as I did this morning when I woke up I would be down for a week or two but I am already feeling a bit better!

My eyes are going through it right now too. I was diagnosed a month ago with a bubble of water behind the retina in my right eye. I have a spot in my vision that makes everything blurry, she says it is like when you have a bulge on a movie screen and everything is distorted there. She told me I was not allowed to do any work and so I sat here for three weeks. Last week she said it had healed by 1/3 so I am hoping I can sew again in the future. I would be devestated if I could never sew again so I understand how you feel. I am so sorry you are unable to enjoy it anymore
Old 04-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #109
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Fois Gras OMG I love that!!! It is so expensive here!!! That sounds so divine!!!!!

OK almost Idol time!!!

Ang- those darn aminos are on back order again, I think you have everyone in America buying them, LOL I started taking them again, I dont think they contain Vitamin E so I started again but not the fish oil!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everyone! I had to get up at way to early o'clock because yesterday when I was playing Sleeping Beauty the chronopost guy had dropped by and I didnt hear the buzzer so missed my package. I got up this morning, took my pill, got rid of any excess water and weighed myself before he could get here then sat here like a zombie for an hour before he arrived.

The good news? My weight is still down today so I consider it official. I am now at 240.6 lbs! WOO-HOO! I can't tell you how happy I am about that. I havent weighed that little since I moved here to France. Now I just have to keep this up.

More good news? The package was my order from Low Carb Megastore. I now have shake mix, whey protein, wheat gluten, xylitol, erythritol and four different chocolate bars. The only bummer is I misread the description on two, thinking they were chocolate pieces for baking when they are actually bars, but...I can always chop them if I really want to put chocolate in something. They all have maltitol so I will have to watch the portion control, but I see that as a good thing. Now I have something sweet when I really need a treat, and a helper when I really NEED some help I really want to try this dark chocolate orange one too. I LOVE choc-orange stuff

So yesterday was a weird day since I slept till almost 3. my breakfast consisted of 2 pieces of pizza, and my lunch-dinner was another piece of pizza. That's all I ate and I was NOT hungry. Not sure if it was because I was sick or just that the food was so filling. I did have something weird going on and I will have to watch it. I noticed I was shaking yesterday and couldnt figure out why, then last night when I went to bed I coudlnt sleep. NOw granted, I did sleep till late yesterday so I knew I was going to have a bit of trouble sleeping but when I went to bed I was exhausted. I was awake forever. Got up to go to the bathroom and it was almost 4am...still awake...then couldnt sleep after that either. I know I did eventually fall asleep but I just felt WIRED. My heart seemed to be beating fairly strong, not rapid but going at a good pace. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I am finally taking my hormones on an empty stomach and they are finally working properly, or could it possibly be these amino acids, or is it just that I was sick? Really strange and I will keep a close eye on this.

Today I am just weary. No sleep to speak of and still a little sick but loads better in the throat department than yesterday. I may go take a nap in a bit if I dont pep up. Just feel very strange again today. Hope this goes away soon!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Diane, good thoughts heading you way, I hope you start feeling better soon, there's nothing worse than being sick. YAY on your package being delievered, now you can play in the kitchen. I love Choco-Orange too. Have a good restful day.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makrida
Stats: 142/132/125
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 4th Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie'sGirl View Post
Awww Laura thank you It is still just a house though, and still just in a town, and it rains here, and there are cold days, and there are weeds in the yard...just like everywhere else

Majella, I am TERRIBLE about taking my hormone meds. Since I'm not allowed to take that at night with my coumadin I forget them. I finally put them by the coffee pot and that helps, but some morning the eyes arent open enough to see them I will try to learn as much as I can about it today, and I am sticking to meat, cheese and veggies for now with a little cream

Wow, I'm surprised you found a decent deal on shipping, I will have to look at that. I just paid 14 pounds just for shipping from England for the few things I did order. I did NOT order any atkins bars but I ordered some shake stuff. The nice thing about that site is you can rate things so I ordered the stuff with 5 star rating. I think Atkins only had 3 stars.

Thank you for the encouragemet and I will definitely experiment. I have to get better...I have a young husband that I have to keep up with...and believe me, I DO want to keep up with him
Have you tried one of those little boxes with sections marked with days of the week for your tablets. My hubby has to take different tablets at different times, and I sort them all out once a week. You can get them here at Pharmacies, so I would think you could probably get them there too.
makrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #113
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Frenchie- sorry you are not feeling well, get some rest and take care of yourself! I am sure the package will inspire you today that will be great fun!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Makrida, my pills actually come in a package with the days of the week printed on it. They dont come in bottles over here, you have to punch each one out. I have tried those pill boxes before but they dont make a difference. I'm just hopeless

Amber~ Thanks hon, I am taking it easy. I did have a square of the choc-orange after lunch and it was like a chocolate covered dreamsicle...wow so good! But I wasn't on pins and needles to try it, I actually planned to eat one just to help things along, and I didn't want more after I ate it. I am quite proud about that!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #115
the condiment queen

Ok, so stop the amino acid pills and see if that wired feeling goes away. It could be you're sick, but I find it curious that it starts and then you start shaking. I'm thinking there is something acting on your body like a stimulant.

Ang will know more about it though!

I think your lack of hunger is due to the pizza and ketosis. Woooohoooo! Embrace it.

Congrats on your new VWT!!!!!!Yipkiyo muthah trucker! Take that fat cells. You are powerless against the superior force of the might low carb mama, Diane!

Ok, so where are all these websites for the blogs for goodness sake? I wanna see everyone's work!

Not spit it out!

Majella? You too!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #116
the condiment queen

Oh, and. If you have any pain from Arthur Itis? You MUST STOP ALL GRAINS with gluten. So I would stop them for 2 weeks and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. The minute I add back gluten, I get stiff and hunched over and all my pains come back with their crazy ass friends.

Oh and I love choco orange too. MMMMmmmmm. Chocolate orange.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Ohh how I used to love choc orange but when I did the cambridge diet it was the only bar I liked so I ate it everyday for 6 weeks so i've turned myself off them!! However I used to have a lovely mint choc shake and can't find anything like that now.

Diane sorry your still unwell I shake at times too on this diet & it has something to do with my body being slow to give me energy & feeling my heartbeat everynight when I go to bed yup it's a been happing since I started my eltroxin. But keep an eye on it just in case it's something else! Dian I keep my pills on the kitchen counter so I see them all the time & I keep my nighttime pills on the bedside locker sorted

Pooticus my website is Handcrafted Glass Jewellery & Home Decorations — Delicious Art Glass but I update my facebook page more.

Take care of yourself Diane and do what you feel your body needs today & whohoooo on the weight loss your doing great!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 AM   #118
the condiment queen

Wow Majella your designs are beautiful! I was a magpie in a former life. I love bright and shiny.

I have a heart collection Denny started for me. I collect different blown glass hearts.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the advice Pooti, I am feeling better today, tired but the shaking has stopped and my sore throat is almost gone. I'm really amazed at how well I am doing as I usually go down for days on end when I catch something and even though I didn't sleep well last night I am up and a-doin'!

I am quite thrilled with the drop in pounds, I really needed that reassurance, being on this diet for almost three weeks and only dropping 4-5 pounds was a bit depressing. Even if it goes back up a bit I will be ok with it cause it is moving now!

I have what the docs call inflammatory joint disease but if you ask me it's just a fancy term for some form of arthritis. It flares up and some days my whole body hurts. Right now I am completely gluten free ( i think )
My hip seems to feel better every day. I did the silly first learning cd for Zumba and made it 10 MINUTES And that was just learning the steps. I should have taped myself, it would have made comedy central *grin*

Majella! I did that with M&Ms
I keep my pills by the coffee pot too, just sometimes they get behind the sugar bowl or the coffee container and I dont notice. I am getting better though, *crossing fingers* I will fall into the habit. I take coumadin at night and I never miss it...though it is life threatening to go without it so that might be a factor

Pooti, my main website is cymberrain.com from there you can go to my blog or flickr or Facebook or my shops. I'm kinda spread out all over
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #120
the condiment queen

Cool I will check out your sites!!

So when you use the VWGluten keep an eye out to how it makes you feel.

With immune issues (joint disease), I'm in the camp who believes it develops as a result of leaky gut and leaky gut comes about through immune issues with things you eat. You get these tiny holes in your gut and proteins get through that your body starts to attack and your tissues get in the way and are a casualty of war and you start building bad things like inflammatory cytokines and calcifications and lots of ouchy stuff!!!

And one of the primary things that cause this is gluten. And also casein. Yeah like giving up all things bread isn't enough, but we want your cheese too!

Oh and you should try pizza made with tellegio or brie and arugula! MMMMmmmm! And bacon - or speck - or prosciutto - or French ham.