Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Well I can't believe I did it but here it is...here is me in all my glory...rolls and bulges and bat wing arms. and I have already lost a few pounds

I really cant believe I am posting this but I want to remember where I am, and hoping I can post one in the future that is much more flattering. I can only hope and believe!

I had a bad crave today and made Angelas chocolate cream, I stuck it in the freezer and kept sneaking in there for spoonfuls. I ate half the bowl :blush: but at least I didn't blow it with carbs!
Frenchie'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
BRAVERY FTW! I remember how aprehensive I was posting my first body photos like that. I was glad I did it, and you will be, too-- especially when the next batch of photos you can see a marked difference! BRAVO!!

I think you look beautiful in your stripey socks. Hourglass figure, indeed! Nice to see the whole you, Diane!
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Diane gosh look real good at my pictures, I was Huge!!!!! you my dear not so much, thanks for posting them....we are not here to judge but to lift each other up.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Diane good for you on posting pics! I'm not as brave as you
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

I'm not brave either, still kinda shocked I posted them. I have such a funny look on my face Ms Serious trying to get a good shot :P

I really do hope to see an improvement here, I figure if I go as far as to post my pic up here then I have to stick to this just so I can post a better pic later
Old 04-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 04-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Your very brave Diane and I think you have a lovely figure
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #338
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Gosh woman! You are beautiful and a rockin figure now! So imagine what it will be in a couple more months!

AND!!!!!??????

Lose that photo in your avi. That's your Mama, not you - hot mama!!!!! Have hubba hubby take a photo of you where you aren't looking down over you specs! pretty lady!!!!!!
pooticus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #339
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Diane- shake that booty you got a booty people are paying big bucks for, and a very nice figure, slim legs, give it time it will be what you want, but I want you to see the positives now, your collarbone is sticking out!!!!

I was sure I didnt have bones or muscle under all my flab, did you see my pics, holy fatness!!!! I was a blob, jabba the hut! You have a figure! And did I mention a booty???? You and Ang have booty, I need booty!!!! Wahhaaaaaa
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

OMG Amber! The booty is taking over my body! It's like everything I eat goes straight there. Why not? I built a palace for the fat

Thank you Pooti :blush: I take terrible pictures and I dont really have many. My son took that one of me looking up from the bus schedule the day I picked him up at the airport. I hadnt seen him for two years! The mom part of me must be shining through

Majella~ you are such a sweety!

So hubby woke me up this morning and reminded me that today is the Village sale. People here dont have individual yard sales. Ever. They have village sales, usually just once a year. Everyone turns out for them. They usually have a big tent set up where they sell sausages and wine, beer,etc. People playing music. Some candy stands, crepe stands, roasted nuts and every street in the village up and down is lined with people selling their stuff. Last year when we first moved up here they had the sale a month later, we bought a bunch of our furniture there for about 150 euros. This year I just bought a stack of plates, a few cookie racks and a sieve and a small bag of unsweetened dried cranberries. You have no idea what a find that is here in the outback of France. Cranberries are a very rare thing here. You cant find them canned or fresh and rarely dried. The fact that I found unsweetened dried ones was unbelievable. This lady has a stand here every year though and she has the most fabulous dried fruit. I did sample one strawberry and a few goji berries :blush: I couldn't resist!
I managed to walk quite a ways though I was sorry when I got back here. It seems walking is about the worst thing I can do to this poor hip. Doc says just be patient but my patience is running thin!
I had a pig fest yesterday. I couldnt stop eating. I just wanted food all day. I did manage to stay low carb to a point. I hit 44 carbs
I made a big mess of hot wings with blue cheese dipping sauce and sweet potato fries. I resisted the fries though and only had about 6. Otherwise my carb count would have been crazy! My Saturday nights with my honey though are when I want to throw caution to the wind. We usually have pizza or some other treat and watch a movie so I was trying to make us a nice treat. I really have to make a better pizza crust so we can continue those. I think the last one I made wasnt bad, but I need to improve it.
I got my order from the lowcarb megastore yesterday but I seriously cant order from them. It cost me $100 each time I order and about $25 of that is shipping cost. All I got was a bag of carbalose, two bags of erythritol, a box of dreamfields, some sugarfree choc sauce, whey protein and some banan devinci syrup. That is a small haul for that much money! I want more sugar free syrups, why on earth can't you find sugar free syrups in France. Its NUTS!!!! They have mint, citrus and grenadine. I was lucky to find strawberry-cranberry one time. It was a fluke
I know some people say carbalose stalls them, considering Im not even moving I wonder if it will make me gain? I dunno. Havent decided if I will use it yet or just set it there for future use. I am just waiting for my test results now. I will go from there
Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Diane, I love to go to yard sales, one womans junk is another woman's treasure. You can rack up if you look hard enough, I haven't been to any this yr so far, I think I have enough junk in this small house and Jeff agrees. Have a lovely day.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

I try real hard to avoid adding anything to this house. My hubby and I both have a gypsy spirit and we are worried about what we already have. I want to ditch half of this stuff. No telling where our next move will be. Last one was over 600km. HE talks of switzerland or Canada. I doubt we will be taking much if we go there
Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 AM   #343

Diane- that sounds like a fun day!!!! I dont think the carb quick will stall you if you count the carbs, it should be fine!!! You will like experiementing, OMG make the cheddar biscuits, they are so good!!!!!! The ones like Red Lobster, yummy!!!!!

And dont forget shake that booty as you walk today!! I still have booty envy!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Oh now, you wouldn't want me to knock someone out would you?

Don't be, it drives me crazy!!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
I love going to markets when we are in Holland you can find anything there & it's so much fun! Here they do car boot sales but you get heckeled and I always feel unsafe!! I made linda sue's deep crust pizza which was good and I got 2 meals from it. Have a nice day
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

So this is what I made today with my new carbolose flour, gorgeous huh?
Lemon cranberry scones. THey were fairly easy to throw together and baked up just perfect. Nice and fluffy and soft. Very scone-like in texture/ THere are definitely a few cons with these though. Not sure if they are the cause of the recipe, or of me. FIrst off I didn't have any lemon zest. I did have something that is fairly new called agrume essential..sprinkles I guess you would call it. They are supposed to replace orange zest so I thought...why not? I sprinkled about a half teaspoon in the batter. Well the scones just dont taste very good. What is that aftertaste? Is it the flour? Did the recipe just not call for enough sugar? It only asks for 2 Tbs of Ereythritol for 12 scones...I should have know that wasnt enough. And the icing is stingy to say the least! 3 Tbs of powdered erythritol with half the juice of a lemon is enough to barely drizzle these babies. With the taste of the flour (or whatever that taste is) I had to DROWN them in the icing for them to be agreeable. I'm not giving up on these. I think if I remade them with more sugar, proper zest (LOTS of ZEST) and more icing they might be alright. I will try a different scone recipe maybe and compare. Maybe I can fiddle with these and have a really nice breakfast food. I have to admit...I am dying here with the breakfast. I cant do bacon and eggs every morning. I prefer something I can grab quick and I like a light pastry so it would be nice if I could get one that tastes good!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Diane they look lovely, I have no advice for you, I have never bought any of the flours or sweetners or mixes. We eat very simply here...some form of protein and a salad, that's it. I hope you have better luck the next time.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

I am doomed with the simple Laura. I love to cook and bake. I love to experiment and I like to make big elaborate meals sometimes. I have always been a foodie and believe me it is showing
I am not discouraged though. These may have a bit of a funky aftertaste but it isn't terrible which means I can correct it. I am already looking into an alternative bake mix that I can mix half and half with the carbalose and possible get rid of that flavor. I will keep you all posted on my progress

ON a different note I tackled that gigantic celery root thats been sitting staring at me everytime I open my refrigerator door. He was a monster! Hubby had to help me cut him up it was just too much for me. I now have a big bowl of cubes sitting in the kitchen. Tonight I boil and then mash some up for mashed celery root, to serve with sausages...we will have bangers and mash once again
the second half I plan on throwing in with some stew meat tomorrow and attempting some sort of beef stew...we shall see.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #349
the condiment queen

Wow they look great but I can't handle straight carbalose flour. The taste is . Hence the need to mask it. YOu were on the right track!

Sometimes cutting the carbalose in half and using another lc mix is the best option. Jenn Eloff has some good ideas there about that kind of stuff.

I don't like KevinPAs formulations. And they always fall on me anyway...
Old 05-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Heya Pooti! I cant use KevinPAs formulas anyway because I cant get the wheat formulas..the 4000 and 8000? I cant remember their names but I can NO WAY afford nutritions shipping cost to France and they arent available here anywhere. I dont mind. I looked into Jen Eloffs baking mix and I am going to try it. I have some ww flour here and I have the other stuff. This recipe did use vital wheat gluten and a bit of almond flour but it just wasnt enough. The texture was perfect though so it's worth working with.

Update on the celery root: It was DIVINE! Yum Yum YUM. Hubby loved it. I boiled the cubes with some garlic powder till softened, I put a nice fat square of butter in my food processer, added the cubes, a bit of the water, some cream, fresh cracked black pepper and a bit of salt. It was AWESOME. Only thing I would have changed is possibly cooking it just a wee bit longer. Really though that isn't even necessary. We wiped it out :blush:

I am quite thrilled to have a mashed potato substitute as bangers and mash is a common meal around here. Another plus? Celery Root seems common here too, there were even two at the corner store the other day and they only have a small selection of veggies. I was quite surprised to see them there but there is a very common dish here that uses them so YAY for me
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ooooo those are PRETTY!!!! I've never used the carbalose flour, so I have nothing to say about that. But: WANT! WANT! WANT! When you get it exactly how you like it, please share the recipe!

Did your celery mash taste a lot like celery-- or was that what was good about it? I've wanted to try that with rutabaga, but never thought of celery root. hmmmm.

Hope you are having a splendid evening!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #352
the condiment queen

Glam rutabaga rocks. Haven't gotten the nerve to try celeriac here. But I do a smash combo of rutabaga, turnips and cauliflower all roasted then processed with cream, butter, and salt, pepper etc. and it's really lovely texture and delicious too.

Diane great for you girl!!!! I think JEs mixes might be perfect for you cuz of readily available stuff!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Angela I did not feel like it tasted of celery but I did a lot of research before I bought it and one thing I remembered was using the garlic when you boil it. I really think that made a difference on the flavor, and the cream helped make them so nice and creamy. I wouldnt say they tasted just like potatoes, I would say they tasted better! Really was pleasantly surprised.

I havent seen rutabagas here yet but I have my eye out.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Glam rutabaga rocks. Haven't gotten the nerve to try celeriac here. But I do a smash combo of rutabaga, turnips and cauliflower all roasted then processed with cream, butter, and salt, pepper etc. and it's really lovely texture and delicious too.
Pooti that sounds amazing! Thanks for such a great idea-- next trip to the grocery store I'm coming home with celery root, rutabaga, turnips and cauli. Yum!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #355

Celeric to me tastes like sweet potatos, I love the stuff, Diane slice it thin and fry it like chips OMG it is so good!!!! I lvoe it mashed too, I mash it with some cream cheese and sourcream and heavy cream and then top it with cheddar and bake, OMG so good!!!!
It is also good in the crock pot, like when I through meat in I cut that up like I would potato, the buggers are hard to peel and cut for sure, very delish stuff a little carby but an awesome treat!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Amber I was thrilled with it. It has such a nice flavor when boiled with the garlic. I will definitely be playing with it more. Wish I could find rutabegas!

SO yesterday I was a hog again! Two days in a row. I still stayed under 50 grams of carbs but both days I gained...so if my thyroid levels are fine then this tells me that I will have to do what those other girls are doing and start out way low and slowly add carbs to see where I stop losing. I really hope my thyroid levels are wrong because if they arent I think this is going to be a bit tricky!
I should get my test results back today or tomorrow!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Diane have a lovely day.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #358

Diane:
Good luck on the test results, I hope they find something that can be corrected with medication or something.

Work on those scones they look delicious, I love scones and clotted cream, best thing I ate in England, LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Diane, your scones look so tasty! I've never used any of the carbalose mix, but I can see how it would be essential to someone who bakes all the time.

Your celery root mash sounds so good! I usually use cauli, and need to mix it up a bit.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

OH I definitely will work on them Amber, I need some good pastries for breakfast. At 4 carbs a pop they arent bad!

Janet I love the roasted garlic cauli but I'm afraid to make mash with them. I keep thinking the flavor will be too strong.

Finished my dyeing this afternoon so I may go play in the kitchen some more. Thinking clafouti or another scone try...although I still have a pile of not-so-good scones