Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Melodybinoc
Stats: 186/182/155 5'5" with no shoes
WOE: Low Carbing Breastfeeder (40-60 carbs a day)
Start Date: 10/22/09
Am I There Yet!?

Hi! I am just going to start a brand spanking new journal since it has been a long time since I really had my head in the game.

Im 34, a mom to a 13 year old boy and a 20 month old boy that is still nursing...he is really into it. But he is nursing so little that I feel very comfy putting the quantity of my milk in peril and pushing forward full force.

I ordered Protein Power because I have read Atkins and I recall finding a copy of PP while I was pregnant and being VERY interested in it...just not the right time.

While nursing I did WW and got down to 171...but with the new program changes I just couldn't do it...I have been consistantly over my points and gaining. It seems that the sugary junk low point treats were the only reason I could do it. :P Suddenly I am for the first time ever feeling really out of shape and that scares the heck out of me. So no more!

I enjoy yoga, crocheting and anything vintage.

Wife & Mommy of 2

My LCF Journal...please come and comment!

Each decision that we make defines what we believe we are worth...
Melodybinoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Hmmm...whats for breakfast tomorrow? Eggs with cheese. Protein shake for lunch...Hubby is off work. Its good to start out on the most challenging day of the week...after that it is smooth sailing.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Welcome back! I like crocheting and vintage finds too! What do you like to crochet? I have only been doing it for a year and so far I just make lots of hats for my kids and props for newborn photographers (hats, cocoons, etc.).
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I love to make hats! And little toys for Izzy and I have a little etsy shop to support my addiction. I would post a link but I dont know if that is kosher on the boards. The good things is that I cant eat and crochet...which makes my yarn habit worth the $!

Thank you for the welcome. How have you been?

Ive been over at amazon shopping for some essentials. Low carb tends to be very (tmi warning) constipating for me. I am searching for some good fibers and EFAs to help with that. I also plan to be very diligent with my water. It can be easy for me to forget over the winter. I am getting past my allergies right now so I have been putting emergen-C in my water. I will need to get some sugarfree ones.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I finished this blanket for a baby girl that is due tomorrow...her name is Ava. Im so excited...hope her mom likes it. She is my old neighbor. She should be coming by for it on Monday...unless the baby comes!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hi Melody! Now I'm dying to get a look at your Etsy shop-- you can tell us your name there, you just can't post a link to it. We can find it! The blanket is just darling! You are so talented! I used to be a complete vintage hound. I would trawl the thrift stores like a shark and come up with the most amazing things-- Lilliann, Christian Dior, Zandra Rhodes, Alfred Shaheen---this was back in the ebay heyday of 1999 to 2001, and I rocked that joint! Then the day came when a to-die-for 1940's peacock silk opera coat sold for $10, and I had to quit. (But then I got into costuming, and well, here I am today!) I still have a few treasures left over-- an ocelot 1950's Saks pillbox hat, my gold glitter roller skates, lol-- What kinds of vintage are you into?

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

cool! happyhomecrafts Thanks...the blanket is my first project like that. I usually do hats. I got an order for two hats to send to Australia yesterday...I keep on getting nervous like I have to hurry.

Oh...when thrift stores were amazing!! I still love them but I remember they used to be just chock full and now they have a bit of a picked thru feel. My first love is estate sales and garage sales. But I still love the little thrift shops for charity. We have the Assistance League thrift shop fun by these adorable, cranky old ladies...I think thats my favorite. I lean toward vintage linens (tea towels, placemats and sheets to use as fabric someday, right now they are collecting LOL) and vintage pyrex/corelle. My latest pattern of choice is blue snowflake. I actually went out of my way to buy these on Ebay...which feels inorganic to me LOL I like to happen upon it. It feels more "meant to be" then. Oh...and I love milk glass.

gold glitter roller skates?! Pic!?

So, Good MORNING!!...its morning one of day one...Im up, NO artificial sweetner in this house? How did that happen? No wonder I gained weight. Im going to fry me up some eggs and grab coffee on the way while taking DS to school. Then a little shopping so DH can sleep in. Izzy and I get a little loud and crazy. My allergies need to go away! I might try the neti pot before we leave.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just looked through your store-- nice work! I bust out laughing at the baby leg warmers... because in 1982 I had an identical pair. Well, just bigger. Same royal blue!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Loved those leg warmers...they went to a girl in Virginia. Too hot for them here most days even in the winter.

Got home from dropping my son off and *ahh* coffee!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I am going to need to hit the grocery store and make home more low carb friendly. But I had turkey dogs and cheese for breakfast, one emergenC (5 carbs) and lunch was four fried eggs. One large coffee with splenda and half/half. I feel good...did some yoga. I just got a new yoga DVD in the mail. Loved it!

Now were off to run some errands.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melody, they make an Emergen-c Lite that only has 1 gram. Not as sweet, but I love it!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

That blanket is amazing!!! Off to check your etsy site.....
Old 04-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Love the Daphne beanie!! Do you write your own patterns? I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I am still so inexperienced.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Oh Potaty...I doubt I am beyond you at all. I wrote down what I did (so I could do it again LOL) but I dont know if anyone else could follow it...so I wouldnt call it a pattern.

I like that one, too!

Angela...I am on the lookout for the EmergenC that had less carbs. I KNOW I have seen it somewhere but so far no luck. I went to Target and searched Amazon. Walmart is tomorrow. *fingers are crossed* For tonight I took my multi and a vitamin c tablet because 10grams of carbs from emergenC is just NOT gonna cut it. In the past when I have gone low carb my immune system gives me an infection. Usually my throat/tonsils so I am really going to be tenacious about the immune system boosting. When I am not LC I have no issues with my immune system at all.

At Target we got h/h for my coffee (<3) and a chicken and a huuuuge tri tip roast. DH cooked up dinner for me. Tri tip, green peppers with cheese on them and merinated mushrooms. He added a splash of teriyaki sauce to the mushrooms...I didnt want to seem ungrateful after the amazingly considerate dinner. So I just mentioned in passing that the teriyaki had sugar in it. He got the hint.

But all in all a pretty good start to my program today. I am very pleased and feel SO good. Energized. That is another problem...LC makes me need less sleep. In the past I have taking 5HTP to help out but I dont want to until I am ALL done nursing. Gonna go peek in on your guys' journals.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

I am starting 5-HTP tonight, I've had a rough few night's sleep lately. Have you thought of taking Vitamin D3 for your immune support? Studies are showing it's more effective than VitC. I get the liquid, one drop is 1,000 ius.

Your menu sounds great! I can't wait for next week when I get to eat LC!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

REALLY? I never heard of that...I am behind the times. I am going to try it. I have a VitD supplement for tonight and will look into the D3 specifically just in case what I have is not enough. Thank you!

I will set aside some steak for you to enjoy first thing in the morning next week. heheh
Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alacer Emergen-C Lite Netrition carries it, but it should be at your local health store! I can't imagine it not being there. They all look the same and sometimes clerks are not so helpful, you really gotta read! Good luck!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Ill check Henrys and Mothers if its a no show at Walmart tomorrow. I have to go there anyway. :P Oh joy....Walmart on Saturday.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Subscribing!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Hi Christine! Thanks for coming!

I was shocked to see that I had a ton of milk this morning! Half expected Izzy to find I had fully dried up after day one of LC. LOL

Today I woke up...its usually garage sales on Saturday but I went out to find a flat tire...*sigh*

I will run and get that replaced later...no point in a patch, this tires time has come.

I started the day with two slices of mozzerella cheese, a glass of water and a multi, a b complex and a vitamin C. I thought for sure I had a bottle of vitamin D but it must have been polished off. DH and I are vitamin mongers.

Then I had my coffee (stevia and whipping cream...nom) and some pork rinds for a snack.

Now I am having some greens with green goddess dressing (3 carbs per serving...got it before I went LC) the dressing isnt very good...Im having a hard time finishing this bowl. Ill grab some ranch or bleu cheese when I go to Walmart. That list is getting longer. LOL

Took DH to the dentist today and walked around while he was in the chair. I read a few magazines and Liz Taylor memorials. Now were back at home and DH is going to work on my van. When I got pregnant I got rid of my car with the car payment and bought what I could in cash...I lovingly refer to her at "my ghetto van". I knew I was going to want to stay home and part of my nesting was making our overhead as low as possible. The ghetto van has been SO good to me. I thought I had outgrown it and was looking to find something just slightly less ghetto...but I learned that the vans in the next price bracket up are not better at all. So we decided to fix up the ghetto van...new radiator, heater core (DH is very into the idea of having a good heater in the van), spark plugs and cables, gas pump, oil pump, battery...she is going to be like brand new. He is about halfway thru the project. He works some pretty crazy hours repairing appliances so he works on her over the weekend. While he is down there I cant drive anywhere (his truck is a stick and I cant drive stick *rolls eyes at self*) so I am thinking of strollering Izzy down to CVS and getting some new makeup for fun.

His poor little allergies...its so sad. So very very snotty. I keep telling everyone that its allergies. I get so irked when I see people with sick kids out spreading the love...I dont want them to think he is contagious. LOL
Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Melody~It needs to be specifically D3 for immune boosting, take 1,000 ius daily, 20,000 if you feel like you're getting sick (which is why I love the drops, so much easier than swallowing a handful of vitamins!). Do you do any homeopathics? Those could help Izzy's allergies. My mom is a homeopath and she has a lot of success with her allergy remedies.

Last edited by Potaty; 04-02-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Really? How did your mom become a homeopath? I have always been interested. I was speaking with a woman today that was at a homeopathic seminar last week and they were discussing childrens allergies...she advised agains what I had heard (saline spray) and suggested petroleum jelly at his nostrils to aid his nose hairs in catching and keeping out allergens! I never thought of that! Worth a try.

Hubby is cleaning the baby...my tire is all replaced, walmarting complete and were home for the night. Ahhhhhh

I went too long without eating this afternoon...its so weird when you are used to eating all the time and being hungry all the time. Now that my appetite is not as strong I forget to eat. Dinner was Arbys...the inside of an angus beef and bacon sandwich with lots of cheese and a diet Dr. Pepper. I have a bit of a headache right now...not sure why.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

She did a very extensive program to get her doctorate with The British Institute of Homeopathy about 20 years ago. I know for sure she would recommend eliminating/limiting sugar intake and getting him on a good probiotic. I can give you her office # if you want, she does a lot of phone consults/mail order stuff since it's hard to find a homeopath in the US.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melody, you probably have a headache from the double whammy of aspartame in the soda and MSG in the Arby's. Two pretty nasty things that cause grief in most people. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

MSG!? In my Arbys? Where is the broken heart emoticon? I never do well with MSG...thats got to be it. Fortunately it went away after an hour. I stayed up and watched a movie with DH and then slept like a rock.

Woke up and had my coffee...cleaned...then 3 fried eggs. Its going on 11 now and I am planning my day. DH works on Sundays...I want to get my Monday cleaning overwith today because I have a morning visit with a pregnant friend tomorrow and then lunch with some girlfriends at Cheesecake Factory. Ill just have a green salad with ranch and then a low carb slice of cheesecake. Its a bit carby...but its the only way I will leave their happy and in a reasonable range.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Can I please come in here and drool over your fried eggs and LC cheesecake?

Our closest Cheesecake Factory is in KC which is a 3-3.5 hour drive. YUM!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

OMG...thats FAR! We had them pop up all over the place a couple of years ago and now I have at least 3 within WAY TO CLOSE of a drive. My home area is a bit of a tourist trap so the restaurants really cater to that. I really cant wait to move a bit more "out of the way" soon.

Another cup of coffee (stevia/HWC) and the baby is asleep. So...I was cleaning up the bathroom when I innocently caught an eyeful of the scale. Normally on day 2 of my period and after eating breakfast and 2 cups of coffee I would avoid the scale. But I was curious. So I told myself that I wouldnt judge me on its response and went for it. Im down 4lbs on day three. 182. PHew! At least I know its going in the right direction. I wasnt 186 just before my period. I have been that consistantly for the last month. And before that I was at 184 for two months. I wasnt budging when I was eating carbs...just slooooowly moving upward.

I wasnt a calorie saint...but I felt like a total calorie prude compared to everyone around me. And aside from that it just feels so dang good not to be hungry all the time. I would stick with this WOA just for that alone. I was telling DH yesterday that I was sometimes bewildered when he would pass up the foods I know are his favorites because he "wasnt hungry". It just didnt register with me at all. While watching calories I was chomping the bit for my next meal. And after dinner I was still hungry...knowing I had the whole night ahead of me. Blah....terrible feeling.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel the same way with calorie counting! Low carb all the way, baby! This hcg has really shown me the light on how wonderful it really is to be able to eat LC the rest of my life.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Im so excited for your low carbing soon!

I just got home from the craftstore...grabbed a low carb burger at Carls Jr and a Diet Dr Pepper.

Hubby is home now and were just going to relax and watch some TV.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Had a good day! Last night I had a bowl of berries with sweetner and some HWC...YUM...but might have been too carby.

Today was good. Had my coffee and eggs for breakfast, some turkey dogs for lunch (just straight...no bun or condiments or side dishes. I had three small ones. Snack was the low carb cheesecake from cheesecake factory and then dinner just now was chicken breast with a bunch of broccoli with cheese. The guys had tator tots so I had a big whole in my plate that needed to be filled with extra broccoli. LOL