Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
The almond thins recipe is pretty good as a cracker substitute. Elana's pantry has this recipe
Paleo Bread - Healthy Gluten Free Bread Recipe | Elana's Pantry I haven't tried it yet, but intend to buy some coconut flour and give it a go.
Don't stress about the water weight, you know it will come back off.
Thank you, muffles, for the link (I spent almost an hour drooling over several recipes)...and the moral support! I really appreciate it.

Yesterday's meal projection went about 70% according to plan. We didn't make the brussels sprouts, and I was just ravenous. Extra fauxtatoes, and the alfredo sauce got swapped for the individual Alouette cheese doodads I found in the fridge (forgot I bought them lol). Also a late snack of 7 pepperoni slices -- weird, since pepperoni normally isn't my thing at all.

Cals: 1396 Carbs (net): 22.4

Morning weigh-in: 239.0 << works for me

Chose today as my day off this week, got to spend time with my daughter. We had lunch at Steak and Shake -- I had the Royale for the first time (sans bun/fries), which is a ground steak burger w/american cheese, tomato slice, lettuce, mayo....and topped with a fried egg. NOMS!! Breakfast and lunch together! Had cottage cheese in place of the fries.

Now I just need to get my water intake up until I go to bed, I've been slacking.

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
--Lily Tomlin

The Quest: Toward Spark-Free Thighs!!

The Blog
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday's grub:

B/L: Bunless Royale steakburger, ~1/2 C cottage cheese
D: Most of a crustless pizza (pork sausage, mushroom, black olive, scant sauce)
S: Cheddar cheese stick
Celebratory imbibing around midnight: single shot wildberry vodka + 2 shots(squirts) Berry/Pomegranate Mio (yum)

Cals: 1396 Carbs: 21.7

Definitely going to try to bring down the calories a little on Wednesday.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

It began with the very best of intentions: devil 5 eggs and save half for tomorrow.

I looked at them for all of 10 seconds before I decided to taste "just one".

The Eggs and I, a haiku

The eggs called to me
"Eat us! We're full of protein!"
Devilish ova...

Wellllllll.....in my defense, they were scrumptrulescent beyond measure (sauteéd garlic/shallot, dill, smoked paprika, hot mustard, dijon, mayo).

DH is at an all-day managers' meeting (catered, of course), I warned him a short while ago that he should attempt, if at all possible, to arm himself accordingly. Eggs, liver, garlic/onions, whatever he has to choose from, with the goal being "equally offensive".

It's gonna be an interestingly sulfur-filled evening.

Weigh-in (before the egg mishap): 238.8.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-07-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Annoyed with the weight fluctuations.

Weight: 239.4.

TOM still not here. Making me cranky(er).

Decided to make my first fat bombs this morning...we shall see if they make a difference. Not sure I care for the smell or taste of the coconut oil, next batch will probably be a 1:3 ratio of coconut oil and butter rather than the 1:1 ratio in these. Very pleasantly surprised that mine [somewhat] resemble the flavor of Almond Joy.

Forgot how many they were supposed to make, I wound up with 22 (Per piece -- Cal: 155.8, Fat: 16.4, Protein: 1.4, Net Carbs: 1.6).

Stressing about work, my DD, and the family of raccoons that has chosen our home as their nightly shelter. Landlord 'supposed' to show up this weekend to either fix the problem or, more likely, to display the next level of his apathy and incompetence. This has been going on for two solid weeks, and I'm still disgusted that more hasn't been done, professionals aren't being called, and the possibility that WE may have to pay for this (thanks to the dumb tenant/landlord laws of this state). DH? He doesn't even seem to think it's a problem.

/rant
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffles
Stats: 112.2/106.7/65kg
WOE: leptin reset , OA
Start Date: 11/11/13
I make fat bombs with coconut oil, butter and a little almond butter, yum!
Try not to stress, all that cortisol is not good for weight loss.
Devilled eggs sounded good.
muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I make fat bombs with coconut oil, butter and a little almond butter, yum!
I took that basic trio and added finely-shredded coconut, cocoa powder, and some DaVinci French Vanilla:

1/2 C coconut oil
1/2 C salted butter
1/2 C chunky almond butter
1 1/2 C finely shredded coconut
3 T cocoa
6 T DaVinci French Vanilla syrup
Kosher salt to taste

^^My taste buds needed these to have a slight saltiness to cut through the heaviness of the coconut oil as well as make the cocoa flavor 'pop'.

I had my DH try one -- I think he found his new friend.

Quote:
Try not to stress, all that cortisol is not good for weight loss.
I didn't even think about the stress/cortisol thing...you're absolutely right. Here's to hoping the landlord can rectify the animal situation. Soon!

Quote:
Devilled eggs sounded good.
They're a weakness of mine in a BIG way.

And I think that's actually a bit of my problem, come to think of it -- I really, really like my own cooking. My husband, too.

I should probably try to have him do the cooking...I'd lose out of starvation.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I should probably try to have him do the cooking...I'd lose out of starvation.
Brilliant diet plan!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Brilliant diet plan!
Sad thing is, he thinks his food is fantastic. Poor guy. It suffers from his overall take on things: more is better. If he's helping me while I work and I tell him "one tablespoon", he typically triples that amount. If I say "lower the burner to 'simmer'", he reduces to maybe Medium, and whatever is cooking gets ruined. But it isn't just cooking related: if he says he's going to eat 2 of something, I usually observe him scarfing double or triple that amount.

Moderation is difficult for both of us, especially so for him, unfortunately. I have to get better at only cooking enough for one meal and not also for 'future leftovers', since that often only occurs for my leftover portion, not his.

I don't really know what to do, and I'm also a little worried that if I restrict too much, he'll give up completely and eat off-plan entirely.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

The Good: Weight - 240.2 (down from yesterday's 241.6)

The Better: Was able to eat 1 oz walnuts as an evening snack last night and did not feel cravings afterward. Nuts in general are usually my downfall, and I think eating them within 90 min of dinner (ie, not in a ravenous state) really helped.

The Best: Creepy landlord is here, and he and my DH are actually fixing the entry-point portion of the animal problem...as well as replacing some pretty rotted gutters. If they wind up trapping whatever's been getting into the house, they'll regroup and open either an interior or exterior wall to retrieve it. ::shudders::

On the way to no more Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Weight: 241.0

Patience: Waning fast

Bloat: Neverending

Today's food:
  • Fat bombs (Three. For breakfast.)
  • Broccoli (Almost 3 cups. With butter. Now I remember why I despise frozen veggies. So gross.)

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-12-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there, your body will figure it out soon.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I'm doing my best to be patient (never my strong suit), definitely not going off-plan. Maybe not to-the-letter Atkins, but definitely staying within 18-22 net carbs/day.

Tonight I'm making a very late dinner for DH and me, my take on Stella Style's Spinach Ricotta casserole, which I tampered with to make a bit more substantial as well as appeal to our palate.

Additions to the spinach layer:

1/4 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts (drain and save marinade, chop hearts)
2 oz cream cheese
2 T butter
1/2 t kosher salt (not table salt)
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes

Heat frying pan to Medium, add marinade from artichoke hearts. When hot, add onion, cook til almost translucent. Add garlic and chopped artichoke hearts, cook 2-3 minutes. Add drained spinach, stir to break up. When heated through, add cream cheese and butter, stir to melt and fully incorporate. Add to casserole dish.

Additions/changes to ricotta layer:

Added extra 1/2 C ricotta, 1/4 t granulated garlic powder, changed Italian seasoning to 1/4 t each oregano and basil (dry), increased parmesan to 1/3 C, increased mozzarella to almost 3/4 C.

Original stats, based on 1/12 of the casserole: Cal 105, fat 6, protein 9.5, net carbs 2.5.

New stats: Cal 220, fat 15.6, protein 14.9, net carbs 3.9.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-13-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

That casserole was SO good! DH had been saying he hates artichoke hearts (something I dearly love), so it was my honor and duty as a good wife to make sure I didn't tell him they were in there until he was finished with his plate.

"I'm so glad you like artichoke hearts, hon."

::big stare::

"There were artichoke hearts in this?"

"There sure were, babe."

::big pause:: "Huh."

:: DH gets up, goes back to kitchen for 2nd helping::

Total damage for the day: Cals 1539, Fat 121.8g, Protein 86.3g, Net Carbs 20.3

Yesterday's weigh-in: 241.0

This morning's weight: 239.4

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-14-2012 at 06:20 AM..
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Drive-By Posting! (late for work)

Didn't really eat much of anything yesterday (TOM has a way of killing my appetite sometimes) -- leftover spinach ricotta casserole, a few ounces of cream cheese nuked and mixed with DaVinci's.

Today's weight: 239.0

Movement! Always nice to become a porpoise for a few weeks, lose it, and then start the process all over again. I am SO ready for menopause it isn't funny. If I'm like my mother, I have about 2 more years of TOM messing with my scale and my head. I can't wait!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

The Bad #1: DD and I woke up feeling lousy. We both have IBS...and neither one of us is really sure if it's a flare or a bug.

The Good #1: Got 12 hours of work done, in spite of DD being home and with it all the usual distractions that occurred throughout the day.

The Bad #2: Never found an appropriate stopping point to make dinner, DD waited all day to do the dishes she avoided yesterday, and by the time she was done, I was in a full-on PMS mood. Quite quite ticked off and resentful that I am apparently the only one in the house capable of providing sustenance. Normally, I relent. Not today. "We'll eat tomorrow," I told them. DD warmed up leftovers, at least. DH sulked and continued to play video games. He's been doing that for the past few weeks, contributing less and less around the house. Grrr. So yeah, neither offered to help. Miffed, I grabbed the bag of mozzarella cheese and ate maybe 1/4 C at my desk. No appetite, thanks to the mutiny in the house.

The Good #2: After I was finished working several hours later, I bolted to the kitchen and started assembling the goods for Fat Bomb Experiment Take II. DH (who was on cloud 9 when I made them the first time) said nothing when he came in to kiss me goodnight. I switched up the recipe a little, made 36 smaller ones this time. Tested three. Whoa Nellie! They're the closest thing to a Reese's PB cup I've had since starting LC...and I think I actually prefer them. Not cloyingly sweet, and really velvety. I'm in .

I feel slightly guilty for not stopping my work and feeding the family, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure they're both old enough to fend for themselves by now, LC or not.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyric's Mom
Stats: 130/110 5'2" 41 y/o
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: August 2012
Thank you for sharing your journey with us...I appreciate the honesty of the good, the bad, and all in-between. Plus, I LOVE your name. (My name is Rayne too!) Mine is pronounced "Rain" so it irks me when people pronounce it as "Ray-nay". How is your pronounced?
Lyric's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom View Post
Thank you for sharing your journey with us...I appreciate the honesty of the good, the bad, and all in-between. Plus, I LOVE your name. (My name is Rayne too!) Mine is pronounced "Rain" so it irks me when people pronounce it as "Ray-nay". How is your pronounced?
Pleased to meet you, Rayne!

Mine is pronounced the same way and is actually a shortened/altered version of my given name, Lorraine (which I hate lol). When I was a kid, they used to tease me by singing "Lorraine in Spain, stays mainly in the plain!"

I can commiserate with you on having one's name messed up by others: during my first marriage, my MIL insisted on calling me 'Lori Anne'. Never did learn how to spell my name, either. And, on a different forum, I'm 'rayneinspain'...and you wouldn't believe how many people misread it, think I'm a guy, and call me Ray. Ha!

And thank you for the kind words -- this is my first-ever blog.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Well welcome to Rayne's World! Haha! Interesting that its not your birth name--its not mine either! lol I legally changed my name to Rayne 5 years ago. I've always loved that name and I chose the more unique spelling because it was different and I really dug it. Now if people would just stop butchering it I'd be really happy! lol I'm really enjoying your detailed blog. It is a journey but I have no doubt you will succeed if you keep working it and keep accountable with your Juddd buds. Plus, everyone had such great suggestions and experiences. I've been Juddding for 3 months and just reached goal. I finally lost the last 15 pounds of "baby weight" (even though Lyric will be two next month!) Haha! I just started posting a few days ago and it's always from my phone, but I will jump on my laptop this weekend and post my pic. I'll try to include a before and after too. I had two stalls--one lasted 3 weeks and the other two weeks. I didn't stress it though because many Juddd buds said that's a normal part of the process. So I continued my rotations and stuck with it and the scale started to budge. I'm so glad I didn't give up or panic and try to restrict calories. This WOE really does work whether one has 10lbs or 200 to lose. Slow & steady determination will get you there. I'll be checking your blog and rooting you on chica!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well welcome to Rayne's World! Haha! Interesting that its not your birth name--its not mine either! lol I legally changed my name to Rayne 5 years ago. I've always loved that name and I chose the more unique spelling because it was different and I really dug it. Now if people would just stop butchering it I'd be really happy! lol
DH used to shower me with an air guitar solo and slightly off-key rendition of "Rayne's World! Rayne's World! Party time! Excellent! Deedleedleedleedl!!" -- usually when I was engrossed in work AND jamming to ear-splitting music. Or while playing Guitar Hero lol.

My first nickname, ever, was 'Wayne'...my little sister couldn't pronounce my name. "Wayne, will you pway wiff me?" "Waynie have tea party?" Too cute. Then there was the time in Jr High I was known as Lari (tweens do the darnedest things).

I hope the phonetically-challenged in your life finally 'get' how the name is pronounced!

Quote:
I'm really enjoying your detailed blog.
Thank you

Quote:
It is a journey but I have no doubt you will succeed if you keep working it and keep accountable with your Juddd buds. Plus, everyone had such great suggestions and experiences. I've been Juddding for 3 months and just reached goal. I finally lost the last 15 pounds of "baby weight" (even though Lyric will be two next month!) Haha! I just started posting a few days ago and it's always from my phone, but I will jump on my laptop this weekend and post my pic. I'll try to include a before and after too. I had two stalls--one lasted 3 weeks and the other two weeks. I didn't stress it though because many Juddd buds said that's a normal part of the process. So I continued my rotations and stuck with it and the scale started to budge. I'm so glad I didn't give up or panic and try to restrict calories. This WOE really does work whether one has 10lbs or 200 to lose. Slow & steady determination will get you there. I'll be checking your blog and rooting you on chica!
I'm actually not doing JUDDD at the moment, but I have been reading up on it. I'm a little freaked out at the DD's and a bit unsure I'd ever be able to follow the restriction (mine calculated to be 426 cals on DD's). I'm definitely leaving it on the table as an option...I just don't know at what point I'll (possibly) leave Atkins to try it. Verrry tempting, though.

For now, I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I should be changing with my WOE:
  • Keep the calorie fluctuations (970 - 1800, usually 1400), or start restricting?
  • Keep the carb fluctuations (10 - 22), or a) restrict or b) increase the high end to 25?
Tweaking aside, I'm seeing HUGE improvements from 6 weeks ago, before I restarted. GERD is almost nonexistent. Brain fog (so long as I don't get ravenously hungry) is also gone. ADD....["Look! Squirrel!"]...still bad, but I can always blame my mother for that one.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-17-2012 at 09:09 AM..
Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Cute story regards your name! :-D Everyone sings "Rayne's World" to me too (I'm almost 42 so I remember the movie fondly). I was toggling between boards and got confused thinking you were Judding, but no matter...support is support! I'm sure your WOE will work for you, but if you ever want a change, come check out JUDDD. Trust me, I didn't think I could do it either but I amazed myself! The first few low cal days were hard but then it got easier with time. Now I only do 500 cals 3 days a week and eat whatever and however much I want the other 4 days--it's really working for me. I like to visit other forums for encouragement and I always like learning about other WOE's so I'm subscribed to your thread. Will check in later Rayne!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cute story regards your name! :-D Everyone sings "Rayne's World" to me too (I'm almost 42 so I remember the movie fondly). I was toggling between boards and got confused thinking you were Judding, but no matter...support is support! I'm sure your WOE will work for you, but if you ever want a change, come check out JUDDD. Trust me, I didn't think I could do it either but I amazed myself! The first few low cal days were hard but then it got easier with time. Now I only do 500 cals 3 days a week and eat whatever and however much I want the other 4 days--it's really working for me. I like to visit other forums for encouragement and I always like learning about other WOE's so I'm subscribed to your thread. Will check in later Rayne!
Patience is not exactly a virtue of mine, but Jan 1st would be 3 months on Atkins. The three (3) times I've done it before, 90 days = 25-35 lbs lost. So...if I continue in this stall up til New Years, I just might give JUDDD a go.

DH must not want a repeat of yesterday (yep, I'm working another long day today), because he asked if he could help with dinner tonight. He's presently in the kitchen doing prep. When he's done, I'll pop in to cook and clean up.

Ah, just like the old days (ie, before we went LC and video games became his new 'junk food').

Rayne - 1
Apathy - 0

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-17-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

::WARNING: Non-caffeinated person at keyboard::

So, yesterday I explained JUDDD to DH, and he's on board. We're going to do this for 2 weeks initially...if I see ANY gains, we'll stop and reassess.

Yesterday was an UD, and boy was it weird. Scared of food. Rice, to be specific. Didn't eat much of it.

I can totally see DH losing his mind on JUDDD and just overeating for the sake of it on UDs. He came pretty close yesterday.

So, today's my first DD. Fluids will be water w/Mio, SF soda (if I absolutely must), and teas that I like without milk/cream. I have 50+ teas, so there are quite a few to choose from that don't favor the inclusion of dairy.

Today will be a Mariage Frères tea day, probably Éros, which is light and kind of floral. I'm going to make a full pot of it, strain the leaves, and keep it warm in several travel mugs to keep it from oxidizing. Yummy. Fall/Winter is when I usually switch over from coffee to tea anyway...not sure why.

I'm a little concerned about what to have for dinner tonight. I'll be plunking ingredients into ****** to see what kind of leeway I have.

Nervous.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-19-2012 at 05:41 AM..
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Yea! So happy you're giving JUDDD a try! That's great. Be sure to read the sticky's on the JUDDD board--they answer so many questions. If you will incorporate more carbs on the UP days, that's fine. Just be aware that its normal to see the scale go up temporarily but it will come back down. JUDDD is known for scale bounces so please don't freak if you see that. The fluctuations are completely normal but if you trust and follow the process, it will trend continually downward. (Recommended to only weigh once a week for this reason). Most people give this WOE at least a month so I hope you can do the same. And it's so great your hubby is doing it too! My bf had lost twice as much and me! Guys do especially well on this. On the JUDDD board there are also all kinds of suggestions for down days. I, like most others, didn't do the shakes for the first two weeks. I did "real" food--I did mostly protein, veggies, broth soup, etc. Again, you'll find lots of encouragement & advice on the JUDDD board but feel free to ask if you have any questions and I'll help if I can. Hoping the "JUDDD magic" kicks in soon for you both!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yea! So happy you're giving JUDDD a try! That's great. Be sure to read the sticky's on the JUDDD board--they answer so many questions. If you will incorporate more carbs on the UP days, that's fine. Just be aware that its normal to see the scale go up temporarily but it will come back down. JUDDD is known for scale bounces so please don't freak if you see that. The fluctuations are completely normal but if you trust and follow the process, it will trend continually downward. (Recommended to only weigh once a week for this reason). Most people give this WOE at least a month so I hope you can do the same. And it's so great your hubby is doing it too! My bf had lost twice as much and me! Guys do especially well on this. On the JUDDD board there are also all kinds of suggestions for down days. I, like most others, didn't do the shakes for the first two weeks. I did "real" food--I did mostly protein, veggies, broth soup, etc. Again, you'll find lots of encouragement & advice on the JUDDD board but feel free to ask if you have any questions and I'll help if I can. Hoping the "JUDDD magic" kicks in soon for you both!
Thank you for the mental 'nudge' that inspired me to finally take the leap! And yes, at least a month! Or more!

Yesterday's weight: 241.0

::bouncing in my seat::

Today's weight: 238.8 IT'S ALL WATER BUT I DON'T CARE!!

I think I wanna dance! Woohoo!!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Rayne! That's a wonderful start! In my first 3 mo the I had two stalls (one that lasted 3 weeks), but my pants kept getting looser so I knew something good was still happening even when the scale was stuck. Keep that mind if/when that happens down the line k? Even with my stalls, I still averaged 5 lbs a month when all was said and done. Pretty good I think considering I wasn't far from goal. Well I'm rah-rahing for you over here--you're doing great! Let me know how the DD's continue to be...some days are harder than others so if you need to up your cals a liitle, don't feel bad...you're still in weight-loss mode. And girl, don't be afraid to enjoy those UP days! Make sure to get in your cals so that JUDDD can work--rice and all! lol
Oh and thanks for Elaine dance. :-D That sh*t is still just as funny after all these years!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Excuse my typos...I'm usually doing this on the go from my phone. :-P
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats Rayne! That's a wonderful start! In my first 3 mo the I had two stalls (one that lasted 3 weeks), but my pants kept getting looser so I knew something good was still happening even when the scale was stuck. Keep that mind if/when that happens down the line k? Even with my stalls, I still averaged 5 lbs a month when all was said and done. Pretty good I think considering I wasn't far from goal. Well I'm rah-rahing for you over here--you're doing great! Let me know how the DD's continue to be...some days are harder than others so if you need to up your cals a liitle, don't feel bad...you're still in weight-loss mode. And girl, don't be afraid to enjoy those UP days! Make sure to get in your cals so that JUDDD can work--rice and all! lol
Oh and thanks for Elaine dance. :-D That sh*t is still just as funny after all these years!!!
Thank you! I didn't expect to see any change at all, especially with my feet so swollen. And great advice regarding stalls, too. I'm too impatient for my own good lol.

Today's UD had a bit of a change (macadamia nuts), which had me scrambling over to Fit Day to see how I needed to alter my meal plan for the day. I'll still have 80 cals of wiggle room if I need it.

YW on the Elaine dance -- I used to use a gif, not a vid, but I can't find the gif anymore. I long ago adopted her dance as MY happy dance, and it cracks me up every. single. time! Goofiness with wild abandon...a combo I've never mastered.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-20-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I'm either coming down with something or these first days of JUDDD are affecting me...I screwed up a burger recipe last night that I've made a bunch of times perfectly. I'm panicking whenever I cook.

Today is a DD, and here's the plan:

Beverages: Water w/Mio, Cherry Coke Zero, maybe some lapsang souchong tea (it's smoky and weird - I love it)

Lunch/Snack: Celery (4 sticks) + one RF laughing cow

Dinner: Canned chicken + golden mushroom soup over cabbage 'noodles'

Cals: 427

Now here's to hoping I can keep my focus on work. Last DD was a nightmare (ADD + IF = YOWZA).

To everyone who celebrates it, hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annalissa
Your blog is awesome and you are doing great! Congratulations on your successes!

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog.
Annalissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Annalissa, and you're so welcome!

So yesterday was my first UUAD on JUDDD. Holy MOLY. It was a trying day to be sure, DD didn't exactly help at all, DH helped immensely. I had a few hours of work that I interspersed with the cooking chores.

The Bad:
  • Did not begin early enough in the day (story of my life, every year). We finally ate around 10pm!
  • Not knowing this would be a JUDDD Thanksgiving, we'd bought whole wheat bread for the stuffing. It was HORRIBLE. Very disappointing.
  • Found out the turkey DH had purchased was, in fact, a bone-in turkey breast and not the whole bird. Stumped me as far as cooking times...plus, I'm not much of a fan as far as white meat.
  • Had an IBS flare mid-afternoon, or perhaps it's a bug. Felt gruesome.
  • I literally passed out, overcome with exhaustion and carb coma, about 90 min after the meal.
The Good:
  • The pies, spuds (white (mashed) and sweet (roasted, then baked with topping of homemade caramel and walnut sauce)), scratch-made green bean casserole, orange/cranberry sauce, asparagus, the turkey, the brown sugar/maple-glazed ham, and the gravy (<< voted by all as the clear winner of the meal, of all things - most of us wished we could drink a mug of it)...all successful. All prepared yesterday, by yours truly, too.
  • The family enjoyed themselves, even the yucky stuffing lol.
Not at all surprised to see the scale bounce up to 241.0 this morning.

I SO earned it.

So far today I've had 2 mugs of tea (mix of lapsang souchong and rose petal/black tea) and a large celery stick with a smudge of Vegemite. Dinner will most likely be a low-cal soup. I'm kind of hungry, but rather turned off at the thought of food after yesterday's gastronomic overindulgence.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-23-2012 at 09:09 AM..