Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
nah...but i thought about it...does that count? it was another jeans and t-shirt kind of weekend for me. please keep nagging me tho...i really need to pay more attention to dressing like a grown-up sophisticated, mature, in charge. (truthfully, my colleagues have never seen me in my at home clothes.)

you walked/ran for 2 hours in the rain? you are hardcore, my friend! AWESOME!!! we got some rain and even hail today, then the most glorious sunshine you have ever seen! jackets ON at the beach!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hazelgreen
Stats: 283/233/180
WOE: General LowCarb/Atkins
Start Date: Restart again Dec 5, 2010
Hurray for the egg fast!! Look how well you are doing, amazing Jan

What you said about sometimes just wanting to eat, even if not hungry...oh yeah, I think we've all been there. I have always had my biggest challenges out of absolute boredom.
I wish I could do away with my artificial sweetener habit, as lately I've been having Crystal Lite a lot, because plain water just gets boring!! And I love my coffee and HWC too, so congrats to YOU on controlling that....wish I could too
Thanks as always for the inspiration(s).

My weight loss journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...b-journey.html
hazelgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
check out my avi pic...that's where i was today. climbing rocks, walking on the beach, relaxing with the incredible view, enjoying the boys. Monterey is only about 75 minutes from my house. i wonder if i'd love it so much if i lived there? does anyone "get used to" what others would find stunning or exotic in their hometown area?

what kinds of places to do you like to go to, what do you see or do that's special where you live? do you like to be inside or outside? country or city? alone or with others?

i ate plenty of extra calories today, tho i stayed quite low carb...so, a pretty good day food wise but i know i've earned a scale blip for tomorrow i am starting to trust that i won't get cravings from extra meat or nuts that will lead me astray. in fact, my cravings are at an all time low and i'm still doing relatively well with the extra hunger. some of you truly GET what a big deal these are for me. in retrospect i am amazed that i was able to lose any weight given the strength of the "pull of the carbs".

does anyone else fight the urge to eat "just because"? are you winning? (sometimes i do) i WANT to eat even tho i'm not hungry, and it's not about wanting flavorbursts. lots of times i just WANT to eat. i use distractions, extra liquids, gum, movement, lettuce/cabbage/celery and they all help for a little while. what works best is to NOT have anything appealing to eat in the house.

lots of reflections tonight...just right for a personal journal, don't you think?

it's Sunday evening and i am going to set goals for the week
1. continue to participate in LCF. i really think it's helping to be more connected and more involved tho it does take time away from other things. in other words...YOU ALL are helping!!! Thank you so much (in fact i got the idea for small weekly goals here on lcf)
2. continue daily weighing and recording
3. continue no hwc
4. don't buy anything good to eat
5. try to appreciate that this ol' grams CAN climb huge rock formations...and no small boys were harmed in the process...but dayum they are fast!
6. oh, and lose 1 pound

i hope to hear from you soon, friends Jan
Your day sounds heavenly! It has rained so much here the past few days that everything is flooded around here. We got over 2 inches of rain yesterday which is equivalent to about 2 feet of snow (a little less). I did not want to get out of bed yesterday morning when DH brought the coffee in at 8:30. I have to say I was disappointed. I do think that it was due to the gloominess of the past few days. It was 85 degrees here Friday and just glorious. Why can't it be like that everyday?

You asked about places we like to go. There is a place here that I love to go to but do not get to do it that often and it is called Chestnut Ridge Park. The view from this place is so peaceful you can see the Great Lakes of Erie & Ontario and on a clear day you can see way into Canada. I don't want to say Toronto but pretty close. (Toronto is about 2 hours from me). DH & I called in sick on Wednesday and we took our lunch to the Park and just sat and enjoyed the scenery.

Mindless eating....I have really worked on that over the past 18 months to be conscious of when I was eating and to eat for fuel not boredom. Boredom eating (along with no exercise) got me 30 pounds over weight in the first place and unfortunately it was all the wrong foods that I mindlessly ate. You know...pretzels (those "healthy" snacks), chips and then when you would go to a party and eating all of those dips with all that carby crap that people use as the "vehicle" to their mouth

Now my snacks at night if I have them are cheese and pepperoni, salt n vinegar almonds or a couple pieces of sugar free candy. I eat some and am full and listen to my body when it says it is full. It is a long process but one that is very attainable if we just learn to listen to our bodies and recognize if we start falling in those old traps to do something about it right away.

I have all the faith in you that you are so close to winning this battle!

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: youthfuliz
Stats: 156/146.6/130, size 4, 5'5"
WOE: Paleo, Leptin Reset
Start Date: 12/30/2011
Quote:
it's Sunday evening and i am going to set goals for the week
1. continue to participate in LCF. i really think it's helping to be more connected and more involved tho it does take time away from other things. in other words...YOU ALL are helping!!! Thank you so much (in fact i got the idea for small weekly goals here on lcf)
definitely!!! I want to see your posts!!! and seeing you successfully maintain at your ideal weight - it's such an inspiration to others who are trying so hard to lose weight! so do keep up the good work and continue to participate here

AND GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!
youthfuliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

the contract is signed! i have a new job starting in july.!!! i'll be the superintendent in a tiny school district. the reception after board approval tonight was so special! i am beyond happy!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
OMG, JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was big news, but I didn't think it was going to be HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you, and I know you will do an amazing job!! They are lucky to have you!!! You must be so freakin' excited!!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

yes, i am extra excited! this has been a very long time coming. i am smart enough to know that soon i will be scared

i ate late and at a restaurant last night but stayed low carb and low cal...lots of salt tho and a lovely glass of chardonnay. i'd forgotten (not really) how much i like it 135.4
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

congratulations!!! they're in good hands
Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

i'm getting a little frustrated with seeing the same weight for days and days. i know what i need to do...more water and exercise. hmmmm...

i hope everyone else is doing great!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hollyjolly
Stats: 271/249.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 16, 2011
You can totally do it! The alternative is to end up in a situation similar to mine! It sucks. Not only do I have to lose weight...but a BUNCH of it...just because I was too lazy to start at the right time. I can't tell you how many times I have lost this same damn weight. lol I keep saying I will never let it get to this point again...but <sigh>...here I am again! Grrrr. ANYWAYS...<stepping off my soapbox>...10 pounds is nothin' for a pro like you!
Hollyjolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

have you got rid of all your old clothes? if you still have a few left, maybe it's time to lose them i believe that psychologically helps.

just read this post http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...t-clothes.html
Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
Here you are! LOL!

I just read up a little bit, and hang in there. I was stalled for about 6 weeks. I decided to go back to the basics (no flax, no almond flour and no coconut flour) and limit the protein. As soon as I did, the scale started moving again. I don't know what your eating plan is, but sometimes our bodies just like to hang out for a bit.

You can do this!
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
have you got rid of all your old clothes? if you still have a few left, maybe it's time to lose them i believe that psychologically helps.
I do have a few things, but none that i wear. Thinking about your comment in your journal about getting ready for tight jeans and pretty dresses (YOU ARE SOOO GOING TO rock IN THOSE!)...I have a pair of my old jeans. i tried them on a few months ago...and i can stand in one leg as i lost most of my weight i kept a next size down pair of jeans hanging where i could see them every day. i started in a tight 24 womens and now wear a size 3 juniors!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aediekins View Post
Here you are! LOL!

I just read up a little bit, and hang in there. I was stalled for about 6 weeks. I decided to go back to the basics (no flax, no almond flour and no coconut flour) and limit the protein. As soon as I did, the scale started moving again. I don't know what your eating plan is, but sometimes our bodies just like to hang out for a bit.

You can do this!
Yes, we CAN do this!!! I have not tried limiting protein (tho i try to eat pretty low cal). Does it help? Do you limit calories as well as carbs?

And hey, come visit me here any time! It's fun to chat with people who "get it". Yesterday, at a table conversation co-workers were talking about how much they ate and how unhealthy anything less or different was. they know i eat pretty low calorie and even tho they haven't seen me with a doughnut in a very long time, they don't know about the low carb. i was surprised that i was offended...what they probably thought of as casual conversation, I found rudely judgemental and too personal. i smiled and changed the topic.

Jan
Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
Quote:
Yes, we CAN do this!!! I have not tried limiting protein (tho i try to eat pretty low cal). Does it help? Do you limit calories as well as carbs?

And hey, come visit me here any time! It's fun to chat with people who "get it". Yesterday, at a table conversation co-workers were talking about how much they ate and how unhealthy anything less or different was. they know i eat pretty low calorie and even tho they haven't seen me with a doughnut in a very long time, they don't know about the low carb. i was surprised that i was offended...what they probably thought of as casual conversation, I found rudely judgemental and too personal. i smiled and changed the topic.

Jan
Ugh, I hate when they assume low-calorie (low-fat/high carb) is the perfect diet.

I have increased my saturated fats (lard, cream, butter) decreased or eliminated bad fats (mayo, safflower oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, soybean oil) and lowered my protein intake a bit and that has helped tons. I also noticed that the low-carb "flours" (flax, coconut flour, almond meal etc) really stall me, so I avoid them for now.

I guess our bodies turn excess protein into glucose (sugar!) so I try to keep my portions at 3-5 oz. but I eat more fat, so I'm not hungry.

The scale moves.... not fast, but steady. So I'm happy. You should try it.

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
the contract is signed! i have a new job starting in july.!!! i'll be the superintendent in a tiny school district. the reception after board approval tonight was so special! i am beyond happy!

I am beyond excited for you!!!! Those wee little ones sure are going to miss you.

Now time to go shopping for all of those skirts you will need to show off your new improved body! Woohoo!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
i started in a tight 24 womens and now wear a size 3 juniors!

i just checked measurements of a size 3 juniors it's pretty close to my goal, maybe even smaller
Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Jan
i say you should just buy some really nice new clothes and let your shape/health speak for itself
Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthfuliz View Post
i say you should just buy some really nice new clothes and let your shape/health speak for itself
oh, I DID do that very thing!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Jan!! Congrats are called for in all categories! I'm so happy for you!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: westiesam
Stats: 165/137/123
WOE: LC/Low Glycemic/Carb Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Just saw this great news -- CONGRATS my friend......
westiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

138.6 epic fail in eating late last night. i made cookies and brownies to take to work today. i knew it was a bad idea for me. yep, they are delicious!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I bet they were delicious! I hope you took all the goodies to work and have no more to tempt you.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

yes, they are gone. eggs for dinner with a huge cup of hot cinnamon tea. i need to buy more eggs tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

love eggs! you'll come back down to 135 in no time!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Jan!! Stopping in to say hi and thank you for your encouragement. I hope you're doing well (sure sounds like you are)!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jan, saw your post at Christine's. What's up, lady? What's happening to make you feels this way? I'm here if you need me, so for now I'm just saying it'll blow over. Hugs and love!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan, where are you? Did they put you in boot camp for your new job? Have you gone to the french riviera to show off your bikini, and horrified that there's no wifi? Miss you girly!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Hi my friend. I'm still here, lurking around. I've got a month more of teaching, and I've started the admin part at nights and on weekends. Busy a little...and not very interesting dietwise. I have not been in a losing mode in June

Thanks for checking in on me
Old 06-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi my friend. I'm still here, lurking around. I've got a month more of teaching, and I've started the admin part at nights and on weekends. Busy a little...and not very interesting dietwise. I have not been in a losing mode in June

Thanks for checking in on me
Pretty soon you can use the gym next to your office every day if you want to! how nice is that! I can already see you getting more fit and healthy by adding in the exercise!