LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
happy lurking, Stacy! i do a lot of it

140 this morning, but i ate almost nothing yesterday.

looking forward to a good day, and i hope everyone else is too!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good day, Jan!! Hoping for a good day here as well!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
happy lurking, Stacy! i do a lot of it

140 this morning, but i ate almost nothing yesterday.

looking forward to a good day, and i hope everyone else is too!
Gosh, eating hardly nothing for that stinkin' scale to go down or do you mean no goodies Glad to hear your feeling better today Jan.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good good day, Jan!! Me too!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

i had some lovely egg drop soup yesterday, and chicken wings - my first venture in a chinese restaurant in a very long time. i wasn't hungry, and this will sound funny to others i'm sure (because it does to me) but ordered because i was embarrassed not to:blush: i just didn't care to talk about my diet (even tho the person i was with could care less) anyway, i'm glad i did because i enjoyed the flavors. my weight stayed the same 140.0 this morning so it's all good.

big Cinco de Mayo celebration tonight. it will be easy not to eat because i'm serving and then will have a wonderful time visiting with the children and families after.

for me today i'm working on Mother's Day crafts and cooking with 23 5-7 year olds...by myself while still teaching reading and math. i'm going to have painting to finish their cards, teach them to use my camera to get some pics for presents and make brownies to serve at a little party on friday. we'll be finishing tomorrow. or maybe that's - i'll be finished by tomorrow! even i am jealous of how much fun i get paid for every day!

my is almost gone and my body feels like i've been run over with a small truck. looking forward to getting rid of extra fat...it's been hanging around way too long! i was reading a thread about frustration with loss and think that 1. i get the urge to go off plan when i get to a low weight (self sabotage) AND 2. when the scale doesn't move for awhile!!!

good morning all it's going to be a beautiful very warm day in California, and i hope where you live is just as nice.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i had some lovely egg drop soup yesterday, and chicken wings - my first venture in a chinese restaurant in a very long time. i wasn't hungry, and this will sound funny to others i'm sure (because it does to me) but ordered because i was embarrassed not to:blush: i just didn't care to talk about my diet (even tho the person i was with could care less) anyway, i'm glad i did because i enjoyed the flavors. my weight stayed the same 140.0 this morning so it's all good.

big Cinco de Mayo celebration tonight. it will be easy not to eat because i'm serving and then will have a wonderful time visiting with the children and families after.

for me today i'm working on Mother's Day crafts and cooking with 23 5-7 year olds...by myself while still teaching reading and math. i'm going to have painting to finish their cards, teach them to use my camera to get some pics for presents and make brownies to serve at a little party on friday. we'll be finishing tomorrow. or maybe that's - i'll be finished by tomorrow! even i am jealous of how much fun i get paid for every day!

my is almost gone and my body feels like i've been run over with a small truck. looking forward to getting rid of extra fat...it's been hanging around way too long! i was reading a thread about frustration with loss and think that 1. i get the urge to go off plan when i get to a low weight (self sabotage) AND 2. when the scale doesn't move for awhile!!!

good morning all it's going to be a beautiful very warm day in California, and i hope where you live is just as nice.
The Chinese food sounds delish and I understand how you feel about just ordering and not discussing your diet. Looks as though it didn't effect you weight so that is a +. I am Hispanic and I know that Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow but I won't be partaking in the traditional celebration. It is funny because I was not brought up in the traditional Hispanic way and alot of people when they see me think that I must do this. I was born and reared in Southern California and Hispanic kids used to tell me that I was "white washed" which I hated the label but my parents never celebrated the traditional Hispanic way. When I married hubby my MIL thought I did the traditional stuff but she was surprised that I didn't. Needless to say, I hope you enjoy some of the foods, lots of fattening stuff I know. Oh don't get me wrong I me some Chimichangas You are in my prayers with dealing with 23 5-7 year olds, but it does sound fun.
Jan, have you ever been as low in weight as you are now? I hear you about the self sabotoging I have done this and I am still working on wondering why I do? You have accomplished soooo much and I admire you for it and I am being honest getting to maintenace sort of scares me. Why heck, trying to lose the weight scares me half the time I have alot of work to do in my thoughts in how and why I do what I do to myself, I am a work in progrss.
Cold here today in MI but getting the treadmill soon today so tonight will my hubby's first night with me along side exercising. Can't wait, but not counting my chickens before they are hatched with him being consistent, oh well I can hope can't I?
Have a wonderful Wednesday Jan and glad to hear that you feel somewhat better.

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

1. i get the urge to go off plan when i get to a low weight (self sabotage) AND 2. when the scale doesn't move for awhile!!!
Ditto and ditto!! I am a terrible self-saboteur :blush: I am also frustrated when the scale doesn't move, so I think, "Oh, what does it matter what I do, anyway???" Ugh.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Ditto and ditto!! I am a terrible self-saboteur :blush: I am also frustrated when the scale doesn't move, so I think, "Oh, what does it matter what I do, anyway???" Ugh.
Yep BOTH of those, and I am really sick of it! So there! I really don't GET the sabotage part for myself. I do know that it has very little to do with hunger.

And yes Maggie, for me maintenance is hard...and at some point my stubborn self will probably have to "do it right". I had been overweight for many years, but it was a gradual gain from a normal weight. I was 125ish in college. I have quite a bit of loose skin and sometimes wonder how much it weighs

BTW I had so much fun with my students today, and at the Cinco de Mayo Celebration (tho I ate nothing).

Last edited by JK130; 05-04-2011 at 08:17 PM..
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

oh and... because so much else was going on at work today, i had to bring the "cooking project" home to bake. my home is FILLED with the amazing aroma of chocolate and caramel brownies. Hungry? The kids are going to serve their moms in a little party on Friday.

Hungry? ...remember that 23 children participated in creating these goodies I took pics a la Pioneer Woman! I may have a future in this! lolololol! The kids loved it as much as I did!

i am soooo not going to cut the brownies. Noooooo! I will need to make something more for this event and baked goods will be just right! Maybe mini cupcakes that the children can decorate?

does anyone else have issues with wanting/needing to make goodies for others yet not eating them yourself?

i bake dairy free/gluten free for my darling grandsons, and it brings me pleasure. i use honey or agave syrup or sugar for them so the treats are not (usually) sampled by me.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the idea of mini-cupcakes, AND the idea of their serving their moms! That's just too adorable, Jan! I can just imagine how much your students love you.

I do have some issues related to baked goods, quite honestly, and it's because everyone else's favorites are also MY favorites. I love to bake from scratch, so when DS or DH request something, it's always something I love as well. What threw me off last month was DS's request for a 7-layer birthday cake (chocolate and cream cheese). Now that is one delicious cake, and I think I ate it for breakfast four days in a row.

DH's birthday is next month, and I refuse to make the same mistake. I'll make him whatever cake he wants, but I will. not. eat it.

I should just make cakes from a box mix; then I'd never eat them because I wouldn't feel it's worth it. Do you think they'd know the difference??

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

your guys would love any cake you made for them!!! you know, of course, that you can turn a box mix into all kinds of deliciousness it's only 4 in the morning...and your mention of homemade birthday cake captured my attention! i'm glad you got to taste it last month. can you make a smaller cake for dh's special day? or invite more people to share it? so that you can love a little of it? freezing leftover treats does not work for me
Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sweets of any kind are my downfall I don't bake unless I really have to for like family events. Hubby is Diabetic and I have been diagnosed as well so it helps to keep some things out of the house. Oh, don't get me wrong if I wanted it I could get it

In High School I was very athletic. I played Tennis and Basketball. I weighed in High School 145 lbs and it was only when I married hubby back in 1988 that I got myself down to 135 lbs and that didn't last long. I think I had a license to gain weight because I was pregnant or something and balloned up with both. The first 50 lbs and the 2nd not too bad 17 lbs. I told hubby that having kids would do me in and I have not been down to pre-wedding weight since. I am 7 lbs away from weighing what I weighed before 2nd son was born.

I want to be realistic in my expectations of getting down to a goal weight. I would like to be around 140-135 lbs and healthy and strong through exercise like my High School years.

Yea, have the extra skin too :blush: but I will deal with that the best I can and I am sure it is at least 20 lbs worth I will have to use Spanx for awhile because financially having surgery to remove it at this point is out of the question. I am open to do it, hubby and I have discussed this so we shall see.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Maggie, it's totally realistic for you to get strong at your early marriage weight. it takes awhile tho...unfortunately. and we wouldn't give those figure robbing babies back, would we?

about the skin...tis the season to just deal with it for me cause it's starting to get warm. i'm not considering surgery at this point because i'm 59, have all over extra skin so where would i start (boobs and arm wings), it's expensive and i'm pretty sure i'd be left with scars i'd have to cover up anyway. what are others doing?

and yeah...20 pounds...maybe 25, right? lol!

Last edited by JK130; 05-05-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

it's happy friday! mother's day party with my students today, and birthday party tmorrow. my youngest grandson is turning 4 and we're going to spend the day at the beach to celebrate. neither of these events will be extra challenging food wise.

i NEED to get my hair done, and i NEED to go clothes shopping, and i NEED to clean my house. oh what an exciting life i lead
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
it's happy friday! mother's day party with my students today, and birthday party tmorrow. my youngest grandson is turning 4 and we're going to spend the day at the beach to celebrate. neither of these events will be extra challenging food wise.

i NEED to get my hair done, and i NEED to go clothes shopping, and i NEED to clean my house. oh what an exciting life i lead
Sounds pretty exciting to me Enjoy your day today and your weekend with family & friends Jan.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

i am really feeling the urge to eat today. i am NOT buying large containers of greek yogurt again cause i ate a huge amount in one sitting last night for no reason, and the scale is up a little this morning. i'm guessing the extra food yesterday is causing the problem today...sigh...round and round i go

i just read a post where the op listed things she's learned. one was that she's tweaked her diet over time but not really gone hungry or felt deprived. both of those are mainstays for me, and it's tiring.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i am really feeling the urge to eat today. i am NOT buying large containers of greek yogurt again cause i ate a huge amount in one sitting last night for no reason, and the scale is up a little this morning. i'm guessing the extra food yesterday is causing the problem today...sigh...round and round i go

i just read a post where the op listed things she's learned. one was that she's tweaked her diet over time but not really gone hungry or felt deprived. both of those are mainstays for me, and it's tiring.
I'm sorry you're struggling, Jan. Do you have enough fat in your diet?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
It does get tiring sometimes Jan. You are strong though and can reach your goals. Keep trying and you will get back to where you feel and look your best.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Been there with certain foods and done that so you are not alone. Tiring is a good word when it comes to working on my weight but I have no alternative than to say unhealthy.

Sorry you had a bad day but I know the days ahead you will have more ground. You keep working on you an the outcome can only be GREAT!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

yep, tiring...but, just like you all, i do it anyway. i'm tired of focusing on food and wonder what i'm doing wrong to be wanting to eat all the time. Christine, i'll check about the fat. i think i get plenty.

i had such a wonderful relaxing weekend. i even went clothes shopping yesterday. lolol! i bought some spring blouses, jackets and shoes, so i'm stepping out to work in lemon yellow.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

138.2!!! That wonderful! Oh maybe someday for me, huh?

I totally get the "struggles" and the irritation of having to think about food at all. I mean, it's not like quitting cigarettes. You don't have to smoke, but we gotta eat, right? It sound like you're moving forward one day at a time and that's the way to play it.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for all the words of encouragement friends. i'm going to egg fast for a few days...nothing to think about late meeting tonight so i won't even be home to eat anything.

i colored my hair last night (covered the grey) and i like the soft dark blonde shade in the morning light
Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I am on day 2 of the eggfast Jan. No loss yet, in fact up .6 today I will give it another day and back to my yummy protein shakes with eggs added in. I do love the lack of thought put into the meals as well:blush:
Hope you have success with it.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

it turns out that thi is a bad day to start a new routine because i forgot that i must attend a catered luncheon today. i don't know what will be served. i do now that this time a lot of attention will be focused on me so i can't refuse. people have gone to tons of trouble to make this a very nice event. i can tho push my food around. well, theoretically, i can do that we'll see.

i have been eating low cal (700-1000) and low carb (<20), and eliminated hwc for now - and had a tiny blip up this morning. (why don't i notice the water fluctuation DOWN???) impatient much? (heck yeah!)

i do know that i have added back artificial sweetners.

does anyone know if artificial sweetners actually inhibit weight loss or cause weight gain? or do they only cause water retention that may mask weight loss?

Last edited by JK130; 05-11-2011 at 06:55 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your luncheon, Jan! You deserve the attention! You know, maybe you'll be too busy chatting with people to eat. That's always my technique in such situations....seriously. I hold a plate of food (or have one in front of me), but don't really eat a whole lot because I'm busy running my mouth.

Regarding the AS, I'm not really sure. I am not sure if there's any research on this subject or just anecdotal information. What I *hear* is that the body can't distinguish AS from sugar and processes it similarly, which could lead to cravings, etc. I don't find that to be true for me, but I don't eat a whole lot of AS and when I do (like one diet soda last night at DS's baseball game), I feel blah.

I do recall, now that I think about it, reading something about diet soda a few years back. I wonder if I still have that article. Basically, it stated that people who drink diet soda don't lose as much weight as those who do not (controlling for other factors). I don't know if it's the AS or what, but it's something to consider.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Jan! Enjoy your luncheon, and don't let that rubber chicken push you around. Seriously, it sounds like this is your honor so just enjoy.

As for artificial sweeteners, I think I had better weight loss without the coke zero, but I'm not sure it's related to the coke or not, since weight loss slows after awhile. I'd like to think that they make no difference in the long run because Coke Zero helps me get through my down days. Apparently I'm not giving up artificial sweeteners just yet.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

ok ladies, not eating at the luncheon was pretty hard, but i did it. it was Italian food and a filled dessert table. i took about 1/2 cup of salad (pre-dressing-ed) and nobody cared. i walked around and visited. the desserts looked amazing. oh well, i will be so happy tomorrow that i abstained. i plan to go from that to eggs for dinner

does anyone else look at all the others in a room when you're at a sit down event, or when people watching? i have entertained myself in many a boring meeting tallying fingernail polish, black shirts, new haircuts or estimating how many are fatter or skinnier than me. today, i was right in the middle...sadly, about half the people in the room (eating large portions of pasta, bread and cake) were moderately to quite overweight. two years ago, that would have been me...definately a non-scale victory!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you!!! I knew you could do it. And yes....it sucked in the moment, but you'll be grateful tomorrow!

NSV, indeed! How far you have come! I hope you are proud every single day because you have accomplished so much!

Regarding people watching, I often look at other people to help me figure out how to dress this body. I think, "Oh, she has a booty like me, and she can wear those pants well....." or "Her arms are bigger than mine and she looks just fine in sleeveless" (even though I'll probably never wear sleeveless!). And I am always coveting other people's ability to accessorize effectively!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
And I am always coveting other people's ability to accessorize effectively!
How do they DO that?

Christine, have I told you lately how much I appreciate your support? Thank you.

Last edited by JK130; 05-11-2011 at 06:05 PM..