Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelgreen View Post
I like the "cycling" idea, which I never knew about til I came back to LCF.
I've been kind of doing it myself, almost unconsciously, so that it seems like a normal way of eating.

You go Jan!! Yes, nothing like new clothes to keep us motivated.
Have a good weekend
i don't always "do cycling right" but i do find it helpful mentally to think that i'm going to eat more...later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Glad to hear your getting back to it Jan! Just focus us on how good you will look and feel when you get back to your goal. Summer approaching, helps me just for the sheer fact that I don't want to be any more uncomfortable than need be. Plus, we gotta keep up with those little guys.
how ARE your little ones? i'm on my way to my guys house in a minute to garden with them...as soon as i finish my talapia for breakfast. the protein should hold me for a good while! yum!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Hope your Easter was perfect gf...

We had a great day here at our home with both sides of the family with food, friends and fellowship....could not of been any better...I stayed on plan and passed on the hot rolls and drooled at desserts...we can SO do this.....Hope you had a blessed day..~loves~
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

we had no food at all! and still managed to celebrate just fine!

we took the kids to an amusement park then relaxed at home. of course we fed the boys (and i ate some almonds). i thought about preparing an elaborate meal...but decided against it...because i would eat the most prime rib is calling me (btw i don't have any, but it's a good thing to crave. lol. )

i did make deviled eggs after some fun in the yard with hiding the Easter eggs. low key day. i'm a tad sunburned.

****** says 1100 calories, 14 carbs (the almonds)...

even if i add some food later...it won't be chocolate marshmallows, chocolate bunnies, or jelly beans! so...i win!

wishin i had some prime rib tho...
Old 04-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Win, indeed! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Prime rib.....
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

143. what's exciting about that is that i lost a tiny bit on a holiday weekend still 15 pounds up but i'll get there.

last week getting back on track with eating was hard. but for restarts!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
143. what's exciting about that is that i lost a tiny bit on a holiday weekend still 15 pounds up but i'll get there.

last week getting back on track with eating was hard. but for restarts!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Jan!! I can't wait to hear about the new "you know what" when the contract is signed sealed and delivered! I will hold my congratulations until then...so as not to jinx anything...

But, YAY!!! for 5lbs down and gone away! I can absolutely relate to feeling that five pound difference! I think calorie cycling is the BOMB! Well of course I do...it has sustained my weight loss for the last 4 months. It can teach you so much about hunger. Is it real or not? And nutrition. Do I really want to use my calorie allotment on that? You will notice what foods make you feel well and which ones make you feel like Cr@p. Too many carbs also make my joints hurt! Sugar makes me feel horrible! I never knew that because apparently I felt horrible all the time. Now I know the difference. You can do this!! You are a winner!!

ps~I love chocolate covered marshmallows and did not eat even one!! Good for you!!!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Have a Happy Wednesday Jan, be good.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

lately, some of my hardest dieting times are in the store. i feel deprived because most of the foods are not for me or they are sold in such large quantities that i don't want that much temptation in my house. most of the time i'm pretty good about not buying. sometimes when i'm feeling the emotional effects of wanting cake and cookies and pasta and cereal and popcorn and even nuts, i put some of those in my cart...a pile of those things looks ridiculous and actually disgusting when they are all together. i'm back in my "skinny pants" (barely) but it counts!!!

potluck at work today. i made a huge crockpot of chili verde, but since i've been smelling it all night i don't want to eat it at all. potlucks used to be a minefield for me. not so much any more. people are so busy that most of the foods are not made at home and i already know what they taste like (see the foods above ) and the layout of so much food on the table is similar to the grocery cart pile...too much. i'm choosing to wear a new fushia blouse today with my tight slacks to combat the carbs...but i still like to celebrate with food! just not today.

nope not today

on the exercise front, i have been lazy (and it shows) i did something to my wrist joint and even the simplest movement (or not) is painful so i haven't worked with weights in awhile. i got bored with walking but should get back to it. i know it would really help me to have a partner...and so my excuse for not joining a lcf challenge is?

gotta go to work...i wish all of you losers a happy dayJan
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah..the grocery store. Sometimes seeing what other people have in their carts can help me to put things back on the shelves. Like the mommy with the three crying kids and the Ding Dongs/donuts/Captain Crunch and soda pop in her cart. Know what I mean? I do an incredible amount of self-talk in the store because I know if I bring it home, I'll eat it. It's a given.

Good going Fuschia top and skinny pants!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah to the fuschia shirt and skinny pants! You are doing great though.

Grocery shopping requires a bit of planning or it can be easy to go off track. I really try to stay the perimeter of the store so that I am not tempted by the bad food.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I do an incredible amount of self-talk in the store because I know if I bring it home, I'll eat it. It's a given.
You got it...self-talk! I'm not the only one? Costo is tricky too...because everything in there is supersized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Grocery shopping requires a bit of planning or it can be easy to go off track. I really try to stay the perimeter of the store so that I am not tempted by the bad food.
I can find carbs anywhere (It's just a talent I have) In my stores the bakery department is in the perimeter, and so is the fruit, and all the deli counters...and the wine is very close by!

Thanks for the clothing support, ladies

i'm eating my fish and cabbage now...and i passed up every treat at the potluck.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:40 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Well the deli is not a horrible place to visit unless you are visiting the prepackaged salads and such well then that is a . The bakery....well we won't go there....literally & figuratively..

Jan - I'm still jealous of you wearing skinny jeans!!!! lol
Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, perhaps i did not describe my pants properly. i'm not sure they are the style called skinny jeans. i am having trouble finding pants with a comfortable fitting waist. they are all too low. they look ok but i am tall enough that i have to be very, very careful to avoid the butt crack syndrome. actually, i haven't shopped much because i find it so boring.

how are things going with you lately, Dawn?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

I completely understand how you feel about the jeans being too low. I have the same problem. I did find a pair of levi's that I like that do not sit too low. If you are interested I can tell you what style they are but I would have to go find someplace private to do so seeing that I am sitting in my office and really don't want to scare anyone off that may walk through the doors. They may get an eyeful and be scarred for life!

I am doing well, thanks for asking. I have been busy trying to set up my new small side job and am a bit nervous because I am not a "sales person". I also have been away just about every weekend with my son's lacrosse spending most of it in the car. He is done with school but has his last final game of the season on Saturday and then their first playoff game next week so that may or may not be the the end of the season. So as soon as his season is done we have to get his stuff out of his dorms. The lacrosse team is the only one on campus beginning saturday so his days will all be scheduled because special arrangements have to be made to feed them.

I haven't weighed myself in weeks. I had "gained" a couple pounds a few weeks ago when I was working outside a lot and doing some different exercises so I decided to stop weighing myself daily because I really have got the maintenance down and I don't crave sugars or anything. I have allowed myself to have a couple bites of cake, a few fries & a couple sips of a strawberry milkshake lately. I limit myself to a few and leave it at that. I do not get cravings which is good and the reason that I am able to stay on the path is because I know if I go too far off that path I don't like how I feel and do not enjoy the stomach aches that accompany them so for me this way of life is easy. I wish that I could push some of that your ways because I know that you struggle with that other aisle at the grocery store.

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
.....o so seeing that I am sitting in my office and really don't want to scare anyone off that may walk through the doors. They may get an eyeful and be scarred for life! oh my!thank you for not sharing, i think! the very most boring thing about shopping is "trying on". i probably need to do that, huh? and choosing dressing rooms without mirrors is counterproductive too, huh? but now that a day has passed...is there a brand of slacks that you like?

I am doing well, thanks for asking. I have been busy trying to set up my new small side job and am a bit nervous because I am not a "sales person". i've missed this development! i do recall you saying you are ready for a change. what are you trying? so exciting! i love small businesses and i wish you every success!!!

I haven't weighed myself in weeks. I had "gained" a couple pounds a few weeks ago when I was working outside a lot and doing some different exercises so I decided to stop weighing myself daily because I really have got the maintenance down and I don't crave sugars or anything. I have allowed myself to have a couple bites of cake, a few fries & a couple sips of a strawberry milkshake lately. I limit myself to a few and leave it at that. I do not get cravings which is good and the reason that I am able to stay on the path is because I know if I go too far off that path I don't like how I feel and do not enjoy the stomach aches that accompany them so for me this way of life is easy. I wish that I could push some of that your ways because I know that you struggle with that other aisle at the grocery store.
congratulations to you for maintaining on a comfortable plan. i'm so proud of you, and happy that you are managing so well.

i've been up for hours already and did indulge in a little royal watching...glamorous and romantic.

i've also been reading about the devastation in the South, and with a very sad heart i offer a prayer for the families of those who were killed or injured, and for the pain of all of those impacted.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

watching royal wedding clips, and now checking out the Queen as a grandma!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love those hats! We need more hats in our lives.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought Fergie's daughter's hats were quite ugly but I guess the public and fashion critics them. I know nothing about fashion.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

i'm here. slightly down with a stomach bug. but not out...in addition to laying on the couch, i managed to also sit on the beach yesterday. it was so beautiful!

weight is down a tad. no exercise off work anyway
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon friend...YUCK on having a bug....
Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i'm here. slightly down with a stomach bug. but not out...in addition to laying on the couch, i managed to also sit on the beach yesterday. it was so beautiful!

Sorry Jan that you are not feeling well. The beach sounds so wonderful, glad you enjoyed it.

Feel better

Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Stopping by to check on all of you guys. Sorry I just dropped off the face of the earth. It's been a looooooonnnnnggggg month for sure!!! Between all the "crap" going on, school has buried me. Oh, and let's not forget my kids have ramped up their social calendars to the hilt that I struggle to find time to even pee sometimes! LOL LOTS has happened the last couple weeks, all for the better I hope. I have one week of school left (finals this week) and then I'm done until August again. This is where I am hoping to get back on the weight loss because I feel absolutely horrendous.

Anywho, just wanted to say hi, and thank you all for thinking of me. Missed you guys. Hopefully I will be back soon!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Stopping by to check on all of you guys. Sorry I just dropped off the face of the earth. It's been a looooooonnnnnggggg month for sure!!! Between all the "crap" going on, school has buried me. Oh, and let's not forget my kids have ramped up their social calendars to the hilt that I struggle to find time to even pee sometimes! LOL LOTS has happened the last couple weeks, all for the better I hope. I have one week of school left (finals this week) and then I'm done until August again. This is where I am hoping to get back on the weight loss because I feel absolutely horrendous.

Anywho, just wanted to say hi, and thank you all for thinking of me. Missed you guys. Hopefully I will be back soon!
Hey there!!! I am glad to hear that things have changed for the better for you! I hope when school is done next week you can come back more often and chat!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

no time to respond except to say that all of your attention gave me a smile how sweet you all are to care about me and my tummy. i do feel better.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Hope you get to feeling better soon friend...YUCK on having a bug....
Yay!!! Do I have to be for a visit? Come chat often, my friend, I miss you! I hope that life stresses are slowing down for you, and that things are moving forward nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Sorry Jan that you are not feeling well. The beach sounds so wonderful, glad you enjoyed it. Feel better
Well, I'm home from work and feeling hungry and at the same time The beach was/is indeed gorgeous. I usually run around, climbing rocks, checking out tidepools or frisking in the water's edge with the boys. This time they played in the sand around me while I sat in a chair. Fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Oh my, i missed you so much!!! Your life sounds hectic with more than a hint of drama. I remember when i was in graduate school at the same time both my daughters were in college. Busy!!!

I'm sorry you don't feel well. Are you up a few pounds, or bloated, or feeling the effects of sugar et al? For me, it was all three. When I get back to goal (sigh...) i am going to experiment because i had a lot of joint pain in one wrist when i was off plan, without a noticable injury, and the pain is much, much better in just 2 weeks of low carbing again. and, i didn't even go crazy eating. i hope i don't have some kind of amplified reaction to sugar.

Quote:
Feel better soon!
Awwww thanks! It's such a treat to whine to internet buddies, and have them send hugs! I still want to know about your new enterprise!

Have a great evening all. I'm going to bed very early.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you're feeling better, Jan!!

Hi Danielle!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jan! The beach fun sounds wonderful! I got to do that two summers ago when DD and grandkids came to visit San Diego. I loved it and can't wait to "water park" with them later this month. I hope your tummy is better. As for the sore wrist...wheat (grains) can make my joints hurt if I over do them. Having the every other day down day in calories has been somewhat of a relief. The thing I've noticed most is that I almost never have to use my rescue inhaler (asthma) anymore! Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.

Hey Danielle and Stacy! Miss both you ladies! I hope things are better all around. Come and visit me!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:31 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Jan! The beach fun sounds wonderful! I got to do that two summers ago when DD and grandkids came to visit San Diego. I loved it and can't wait to "water park" with them later this month. I hope your tummy is better. As for the sore wrist...wheat (grains) can make my joints hurt if I over do them. Having the every other day down day in calories has been somewhat of a relief. The thing I've noticed most is that I almost never have to use my rescue inhaler (asthma) anymore! Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.

Hey Danielle and Stacy! Miss both you ladies! I hope things are better all around. Come and visit me!
Hey beauty.......nice to see you...Miss you too...even though I dont post, I do lurk and keep up on you all.....great to see how well you are doing...Have a wonderful week...