Old 03-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Jan!!

Reading your thoughts regarding fear motivation, lady, can I relate? I have many pounds to go, but I already feel better, leading me to believe that any improvement...even in small increments is a great thing. I'm right there with you, the saggy skin (I'm sure it only will get worse as I lose more weight) and the gravity pull on my still large bosom! OMG. Washing (ahem...blending) away the gray, fearing not being able to get medical coverage because I'm too fat or too sick and old...gads! It goes on. DH has a great job but is considering retirement in 3 years. That's so scary to me! I'll confess, one of my strongest motivators to put stuff back at the grocers is seeing very heavy woman riding those electronic scooters...It's terrible for them, I know, but I don't want to go there, I don't want that to be me. Fear is an awesome motivator.

HELLO STACY!!!! GF, have you been missed! It's wonderful to hear from you, even if it was technically eaves dropping. Welcome back!

Jan, sorry about your dishwasher, but your day sounded fantastic!!
hiya back....eaves drop all you want....been missing you guys...
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
I want to hear more about rum and coke in the shower! Now THAT could relax a person!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Welcome back!!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
You are so right Jan, fear is a powerful motivator. It's great to look and feel good ,but our long term health and mobility is really what matter most.Thanks for the reminder.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
i don't have any cookies. i won't bake any cookies. i don't need any cookies. #$@^& cookies, anyway.

rum and coke in the shower just requires a plastic cup. that.is.all.
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
i don't have any cookies. i won't bake any cookies. i don't need any cookies. #$@^& cookies, anyway.

ewwwww remember cookies are POISON....YUCK...and hmmm interesting shower accessory...LOVE IT...
Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We don't need no stinkin' cookies.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
We may not need the cookies but we do need those shower accessories!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:

With a lid, right? I'm so on that!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
With a lid, right? I'm so on that!
And a straw!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Week 2 of Restart
03.28 138.2
03.29 139

no cookies, no rum

Blonde, you have the deluxe shower cup. did Santa bring it to you?

i ran around attempting chores yesterday that never actually got completed. oh well. they didn't go away
Old 03-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhhhh its spring break which equals fun and no chores....

whats going on today???...big plans?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Week 2 of Restart
03.28 138.2
03.29 139

no cookies, no rum

Blonde, you have the deluxe shower cup. did Santa bring it to you?

i ran around attempting chores yesterday that never actually got completed. oh well. they didn't go away
Yes but you RAN! I'm so proud! Jan, I must have the deluxe everything dahling, with lid and straw! Did I mention I found a sf powder margarita mix that I'm going to try soon? Maybe...in the shower?

Quote:
Ahhhhhh its spring break which equals fun and no chores....

whats going on today???...big plans?
I have a big plan to go to work and serve soup, salad and bread sticks until my back hurts and my shoulders ache, then I'm going to smile at the $2 tip and tell myself it's okay because they were so nice to me, even though they had a ba-zillion refills.....seriously, there is no venom in my speech, just a touch of sarcasm. I mostly like my job because I mostly like people. Once upon a time I was a mortgage loan processor, made a ton of money, took my work home with me, never saw people, and was very unhappy. Today I smile.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah your plans sounds like mine...today i sit here and do my meaningless job that I dislike more and more everyday knowing that I wont be back next year since I am being replaced by the new $50,000 piano we just had brought in last week and the new prada shoes the principal needed and I guess i didnt do enough butt kissin to keep my position...but I will do my job with a smile also..go ahead let them use me the rest of this year only to toss me to the curb before next..no venom here either ....woohoo we are a smilin pair blonde..lmao

mind sharing your margarita? lol
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah your plans sounds like mine...today i sit here and do my meaningless job that I dislike more and more everyday knowing that I wont be back next year since I am being replaced by the new $50,000 piano we just had brought in last week and the new prada shoes the principal needed and I guess i didnt do enough butt kissin to keep my position...but I will do my job with a smile also..go ahead let them use me the rest of this year only to toss me to the curb before next..no venom here either ....woohoo we are a smilin pair blonde..lmao

mind sharing your margarita? lol
Ain't that a sight? How could they treat you so callously? You better believe I'll share my margarita with you! Just, you know, get your own shower....

p.s. Ever thought of serving food for a living? It can be very rewarding.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Sorry Jan thread jacking, Hey Stacy !

Hey Jan!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

a beautiful, beautiful day here...and i decide to garden as i go to rent a rototiller, i realize that the medium and large sizes are too big for me to manage...so i bought a little one. it's going to take me 10 times longer because it's not the right tool but after the initial soil prep i think the small cultivator will be a better choice. i've already learned how to take it apart and i haven't broken a nail yet...and rototilling is terrific exercise

there's a huge city truck in the middle of the street right now cleaning out pipes...i wonder if that will help my dishwasher draining problem?. probably not cause other things are draining. i tried snaking yesterday with no luck and halfheartedly looked for someone to fix it today.

maybe i can have some flowers by the end of the week. i haven't had time to plant and take care of flowers for a very long time!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
a beautiful, beautiful day here...and i decide to garden as i go to rent a rototiller, i realize that the medium and large sizes are too big for me to manage...so i bought a little one. it's going to take me 10 times longer because it's not the right tool but after the initial soil prep i think the small cultivator will be a better choice. i've already learned how to take it apart and i haven't broken a nail yet...and rototilling is terrific exercise

there's a huge city truck in the middle of the street right now cleaning out pipes...i wonder if that will help my dishwasher draining problem?. probably not cause other things are draining. i tried snaking yesterday with no luck and halfheartedly looked for someone to fix it today.

maybe i can have some flowers by the end of the week. i haven't had time to plant and take care of flowers for a very long time!
Wow, WTG, Miss Fix-it! Planting and caring for flowers would be a great activity for your grandsons! They would love seeing the progress every time they come over! And they can learn all about plant life (or employ what they already know). I find that having DS help in the garden is a great learning tool. He already knows a lot due to his love of science, so it's great to have the application right in our own backyard.

Have a great day, Jan!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Awwwwwwwww that sounds like a lovely day, wish i was closer so I could help you...that is some GREAT exercise, way to go...I just love plants and flowers

hope your enjoying your spring break...

eating anything good??...menu today for me is crustless meat pizza and my flourless choc cake...slowly getting to goal, you know I HATE slow but what else can i do?

Have a beautiful day....
Old 03-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Sorry Jan thread jacking, Hey Stacy !

Hey Jan!
HIYA Maggie....Hope your doing well...

Hi everyone else...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You girls...I leave you alone for a few days and you're talking about rum in the shower and kissing butt at work.

Hey Stacy, it's wonderful to see your beautiful face!!!!

Jan, you sure have been busy this week so far!! The running around counts as exercise in my book Heck, the many trips to the bathroom from guzzling water counts!!

I will be in and out for a little bit. Once again my world has turned upside down and I'm just trying to keep my wits (or is it whits? ) about me. I think most of of you know (?)I have had huge marital issues the past year and we are seperating (again) to try and work on things. I just need some space! So, right now my eating has been less than stellar, as in, I have eaten exactly 1 meal in the last 3 days... I know this decision is for the best but the emotions are high. So gonna try and just lay low for a few days and keep myself together as best as I can. I still have school I have to go to which is good and bad, I'm struggling and uber pissed that I will prolly not get my 4.0 this semester because of a B in a business class Anywho! just wanted to let you guys know, and knew since this is one spot I can guarantee you're all at at some point, you would know what's up with me for now. I have promised myself not to disappear because I do know I need to be here. Know that I am supporting you all and here in spirit!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You girls...I leave you alone for a few days and you're talking about rum in the shower and kissing butt at work.

Jan, you sure have been busy this week so far!! The running around counts as exercise in my book Heck, the many trips to the bathroom from guzzling water counts!!

I will be in and out for a little bit. Once again my world has turned upside down and I'm just trying to keep my wits (or is it whits? ) about me. I think most of of you know (?)I have had huge marital issues the past year and we are seperating (again) to try and work on things. I just need some space! So, right now my eating has been less than stellar, as in, I have eaten exactly 1 meal in the last 3 days... I know this decision is for the best but the emotions are high. So gonna try and just lay low for a few days and keep myself together as best as I can. I still have school I have to go to which is good and bad, I'm struggling and uber pissed that I will prolly not get my 4.0 this semester because of a B in a business class Anywho! just wanted to let you guys know, and knew since this is one spot I can guarantee you're all at at some point, you would know what's up with me for now. I have promised myself not to disappear because I do know I need to be here. Know that I am supporting you all and here in spirit!!
Always in my thoughts and prayers also...I am not around on the boards too much either, as I have lots ( personal, work, financial etc) going on myself so I understand...but think of you and all the gang also...keep your spirits up and know I think of ya...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Thinking of you, Danielle!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, my heart is breaking for you. If you think of any way I can help, please let me know.

Jan
Old 03-31-2011, 04:36 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Just know that we are here! When I went through my separation from my ex husband many years ago I didn't eat for days. I physically cannot eat when I am stressed so if you cannot eat don't because if you are anything like me it will just backfire. Try and have enough water, diet soda, coffee, tea, something to keep you hydrated because you need it for yourself and the kids!

I sent you a PM.

Last edited by Princessdmw33; 03-31-2011 at 04:45 AM..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:43 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
Just know that you are here! When I went through my separation from my ex husband many years ago I didn't eat for days. I physically cannot eat when I am stressed so if you cannot eat don't because if you are anything like me it will just backfire. Try and have enough water, diet soda, coffee, tea, something to keep you hydrated because you need it for yourself and the kids!

I sent you a PM.
Ditto, this! I was on the divorce diet for awhile years ago, and it's not a fun place to be. Hang in there, my friend!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

it seems that many are way too familiar with the struggles of relationships. i'm not sure why life is so hard or why the big plan includes so much pain. sometimes it seems like more than a person can handle...but, then you take one more step, go to bed one more night...and get up one more day...

...and find a reason to love. you ARE a worthwhile person. you ARE needed on this earth. YOU are special, a unique person who is competent and loveable.

dear Danielle and Stacy, and others who are hurting right now, know that there is hope. when the time is right, you'll see more blessings in your lives. believe me when i say that at some point you'll be able to gather your strength around you and make even more blessings.

sharing hope with you today...and tomorrow too Jan
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan you are wonderful and wise.

Danielle, I'm so sorry your life is once again in turmoil. I'm so glad you can come and talk to us. We're here to listen if you need us. I've been married almost 34 years and I am so blessed and never take it for granted. I hope you can work things out and find some peace in your life.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflystar
Stats: 254/198/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2011
Hey Jkaay,
Read this water thread..It has inspired me so much! Ive never been a big water drinker but had been drinking some flavored water and was losing weight so slowly. I tried uping my water by like a whole lot lol and It helped me lose 4 lbs. Im drinking just plain straight water now. Not sure how much you are drinking but wow everyone it seems to work for alot of people.

Lisa

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-who-knew.html
Butterflystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so pleased that more water works for you Lisa. And, yes, I need to drink more...water that is