LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
~DaisyHair's Diary~

I have decided I need to start a new journal. I have been doing a blog but am really not getting many visitors and I really need the support now :blush: so I am starting one here.

I am really struggling.
I am actually sick right now so I am not making any changes to my WOE yet but I just bought a new bike and just started yoga and am really bummed at the zero energy.

I had not noticed how low my energy really is until now. I walk fairly often but don't truly push myself so I never really saw just how low my energy was.

Yesterday I think I had a low blood sugar incident. I ate two atkins bars (breakfast and then lunch) because I was simply too lazy to cook.. well I was feeling blarg and just reached for the bar... then had one about 3 hours later.

I started to get shakey and really headachy and noticed one time when I kneeled down that I got a head rush.. I know that is either low blood sugar or blood pressure.. I ended up eating a sushi roll with brown rice - one roll with just fish and brown rice and avo/cuc. I felt much better. This is what helped me figure out maybe it was low blood sugar?

I feel lost a bit. I have done well - back on LC 60 days today and 9 pounds down. That is good for me as I tend to lose slow because I eat allot on most days.

I have got some great advise by a few LCF members that are really into exercise and have some ideas... but I will first of all give it more time.. at least another 3 weeks (after I get over this yuck and back to my exercise) and slowly try to build up my stamina for exercise. If it does not help it may be time to move on into OWL.. We will see.

Last edited by daisyHair; 02-25-2011 at 11:56 AM..
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

I also need to post my food and will be doing that for each day, probably the next day. I also will be doing an official weigh in each Monday.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning!
I had a good night.

I have been reading a couple of books. "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross (excellent book!) and also just started “The Primal Blueprint” book too.. it’s a good book. So far it’s nothing I don’t already know but they do recommend highly, eating organic antibiotic and hormone free meats and dairy. I had started doing this and the cost just didn't set well with me.. I was spending $150 more a month on grocers EASY but I realize AGAIN that this is very important and he made a point that while buying organic fruits and veggies is important, buying organic, grass fed, antiboitic and hormone free meat and dairy is vastly more important. Because yes there are pesticides on the fruits and veggies (and much can be washed off).. you can't do a thing about the hormones and antibiotics and chemicals IN the meat and dairy so I decided to not worry about my fruits and veggies and just get my meat and dairy at WholeFoods.. It might help the cost a bit.

I have also started cooking much more simple meals. No more elaborate meals with 20 ingredients. I think this will help the cost as well. The more simple we eat the more affordable I can make it.

Last night I made a GREAT salad with deli roasted chicken shreaded over it.. I used bagged young field greens (my fav lettuce!), broccoli shreads, grape tomato, purple onion, cucumber, Feta cheese and avocado..

I have a problem with pouring on massive amounts of dressing when I make my salads.. and at 80 calories a T that really adds up (yes calories matter for me at my age). This time I measured 1 T of my fav. caesar dressing and mixed it over the lettuce and broccoli shreads before adding the rest of the salad fixins' and mixing it in..

It really WAS enough dressing doing it this way.. I have to do it this way from now on..

I LOVED this salad.. I put the AVO (a half avo) on the very top - it's the most special thing in the salad to me! Even better than the chicken..

Did you know that avo has LOTS of potassium! If you are on a low carb diet you need it! I use a half of one almost every day.

It's going to be a beautiful day here in Orlando and DH and I are going out to find me a chaise lounge for the back yard.. after all Sun IS important according to Mark in "The Primal Blueprint".. it's one of his 10 important things! I loved reading that because I love the sun. I won't burn, I use a bit of sunscreen on my body and lots on my face until I get a tan.. then only when I spend all day at the beach or such. I usually get a little sun (lay out and read with my pup Suki beside me) each day.

Happy Weekend!

Last edited by daisyHair; 02-26-2011 at 05:21 AM..