Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Charlie's Journal

Hello there,

I have decided to start a journal to help keep myself on track. I have a food journal I keep in my purse, but I hate writing in it. I would much rather track it all in something simple like a thread/journal...so here it is.

A little background/history/life story..
Its long, I'm sorry. This is my story as it has related to my weight and I like getting it out of my head. You can skip it if you want. It helped me to write it more than it will help anyone else to read it. I promise the rest of my posts will NOT be this long.

In high school I played on multiple competitive fastpitch softball teams (travel teams, high school, rec teams....think practice everday (2x depending on the season), 1-2 weekday games, and 5-7 games over the weekend). I also played basketball off and on (until I sprained my ankle in a game and my softball coach got mad at me). I was in marching and concert bands and did a lot of volunteer work teaching free music lessons and tutoring. Oh yeah, I also went to high school in the IB program and maintained a 4.0. I was BUSY. I never really had to worry about weight. I was a little self conscious about alot of parts of me, like most people, but looking back at pictures... I was fine. I could have even been called skinny. I was probably around 140+/-5. I know that 135 was my lowest..senior year before prom (had to fit the dress! )

After high school graduation in 2003 I went to college and gained the freshman 15 and then some. The lack of activity/excercise, beer, excess free time, beer, messed up sleeping and eating schedule, beer, and whatever other factors there contributed to this. The summer after my freshman year I moved home and worked in an engineering internship. I also managed to lose maybe 50% of the freshman weight and I was more or less ok with it. I was ALOT more aware of it and ALOT more unhappy about it. I lost the weight that summer by lots of yoyo techniques, the most extreme of which were a week long juice fast and lots of random methods of severely restricting my calories. Not wanting to dwell on that too long... lets just say it was not a healthy way to lose weight and I really didn't learn how to eat well to lose weight. For the remaining 3 years of college I think my weight was pretty constant.. I don't remember weighing myself all the time, though I was always concerned with it. I was fairly busy in college, taking full course loads and being active in student groups, so maybe that helped to keep me away from food? Who knows. I was probably around 170ish after college.

In the spring of 2007 I graduated and started working full time. After about 2 months of working full time I started an engineering master's degree via online distance learning. I took two courses per semester, which equated to about 6 hours of lecture per week + homework + studying + projects, on top of working 40+ hour weeks at work. The school work was hard to keep on top of so I was constantly playing catch up. This meant i kept odd hours. I found out fairly quickly that I could not focus at my apartment, so I had to watch lectures and do my work at the office during non-working hours. I would arrive in the office some days at 6am and do school work until 7:30, work a full day, and stay at the office until after 8. There was a lot of take out order and fast food involved with this schedule. On top of this, I think I became somewhat depressed by the stress of the school work. I was stressed about school so I ate. I was upset that I was unhappy so I ate. I was upset that I was fat so I ate. I would diet for a few days and then fall off the wagon and quit. This upset me, so I ate. I muscled through it though (as I have always done, in undergrad and in high school) and finally finished the degree in December of 2009. I am not sure how much I weighed at the end of that (side note: I will know for sure on friday, as I have an annual Dr appt, so I will ask him what my weight was last year). I know it wasn't good though. I think probably close to 200.

After I finished the grad school work I had hopes that things would magically change, and of course things don't change on their own. I was used to not excercising (apart from the intrmural softball teams I play on....but that is more social than excercise) and eating as though I didn't even have a kitchen in my apartment. I had more free time to pursue my other hobbies (like photography) but I was never really able to get into a healthier eating/working out routine. That year I also ended up doing alot of work traveling. I spent significant amounts of time in San Francisco living in a hotel. I loved it there and took an absurd amount of picture and ate an absurd mount of food. But there are maybe 3 pictures of me there and only from the shoulders up and only if my face didn't look too fat. I finished up all of the travling in July of that year. Since then I have been starting and restarting my own made up diets.

This brings us to present day (or close enough).

In November of 2010 I was fed up with my weight (210ish lbs and not fitting into size 16 pants very well) and had finally come to the realization that I needed a BIG change. My parents had both been told they were pre-diabetic because of their weight. I was really unhappy withmyself to the point where I noticed that it affected relationships with others. I could not be pleased and I took out on those close to me.

While trying to figure out what change I wanted to make I took a look at the emplyee discount deal my company offers us for various things. I saw that they offered Jenny Craig Discounts, some other pre-packaged food discount, and a discount to Medi-Weightloss. I did what any one would do when they don't know something and I googled them all. I didn't like the pre-packaged idea... I had had my fill of lean cuisines and was not eager to lve off of similar things. Medi-weightloss sounded interested but the website did not list the cost so I filled out the contact form inquiring about price. Later that day I recieved a call from a counselor to let me know about the program. Now that I think about it, I wasn't really intending to follow through on any of these. I was embarassed by my weight and didn't want anyone else to know about it. There was no way I was going to be seen drinking jeny craig shakes or walking into a weightloss clinic. But, the woman was nice on the phone an dI felt rude about blowing her off, so I agreed to come in for a free consultation the next week. I went home, googled the crap out of Medi-weight loss (which is how I found LCF). I was VERY intimidated by the program. I was scared of the calorie and carb limits and also by having to talk about my weight with someone else and have someone else know about my "problem". I decided to go through with the appointment, for a couple of reasons.
1. If you are scared of it, it will probably be good for you
2. I felt bad cancelling on the nice woman
3. I had already taken the first (albeit small) step towards losing weight and I didn't want to go backwards.

I showed up at the consultation and was told everything I had already read online. She asked if I wanted to schedule my starting apointment and first weigh in and (partially not wanted to be the fat person in the room who says no and makes everyone else think she doesn't think shes fat) I said ok. I had my first appointment on a thursday and then went out of town for a weekend filled with beer, tailgating food and who knows what else. Monday morning I started the diet.

Ok, now we are back to present day (for real this time).

To date I am down 30.4 lbs. I am happier than I have been (consistantly) in a long while. I see progress every week on the scale and on the mirror. In stead of being self conscious when talking about my weight, I love talking about it (well, maybe not love... but am willing to talk about it I suppose). In stead of mumbling and shying away from conversations about it, I will gladly let anyone who asks exactly what I am doing. My boyfriend is incredibly supportive, and also makes a good guinea pig when trying out new recipies and foods. My family, though they don't quite understand the plan, is proud of me. I am hoping I can provide some inspiration to my parents to lose the weight. I would like them to be around when I eventually get married and have kids. I would also like them to be happier. I know the issues the weight causes.

At this point I want to make sure I don't lose momentum, even though I have gone to clinic visits/weigh ins every other week instead of every week. for this reason, I have started to journal here. I will track my food and excercise here, as well as thoughts for the day, etc. Anything that is related to this journey.

Is that everything? I hope so. Enough of this typing. Time to make dinner and workout. :-) And I have a puppy who is looking at the door wistfully...should probably take her out...

I am looking forward to utilizing this journal and will be back later to put it to use.

Thanks!
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

After all of that, I forgot to mention that I have been on LCF for the past 2 months, but have been in the Medi-weightloss board.

I started venturing out into the rest of LCF and found this journal board. :-)

I love the wealth of information here!!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Dinner is out of the way, just cooking a few extra servings that will be lunch for the next few days.

Here are today's tallies:

B-bacon + cheese stick (120 cal, 2 carb)
S-cheese stick (50 cal, 2 carb)
L-leftover skit steak (3oz) (165 cal, 0 carb)
S-cheese stick (50 cal, 2 carb)
D - chicken sausage (3oz) (105 cal, 2 carb)

Total: 550 cal and 8 carbs

I may have a treat later tonight... I need something resembling a sweet everynow and again. It will either be a no sugar caramel mousse pudding thing or a carbsmart fudge bar...decisions!!

Now, off to the gym!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

off to the gym in a few minutes.... food is taking too long to cook, lol.

In the mean time, the diet I am following is Medi-weight loss. Here are the basics for the stage I am in:

500-700 calories per day
<25 carbs

Weigh-ins are every other week on Tuesday after work (used to go weekly, this is the first week that I am trying every two weeks... we shall see how that goes)

Supplements:
Multi-vitamin (1x daily)
Mild Colon Cleanser (1x daily)
Fat burners (3x daily)
Appetite Supressants (3x daily) (I think its real name starts with an P... I'd have to check the bottle)

And for fun, here is a before picture... This was in july on family vacation. Ignore the fact that i have no makeup on, my hair is dirty, my clothes are dirty (wearing a bathing suit underneath, these are just coverups), and I am concentrating really hard. I was playing in a ladder golf tournament. My family does this. Its serious stuff. Bragging rights were at stake.

I think I was probably between 200 and 210 in this picture.

And here is a progress pic. This is 1 month after joining Medi. I am 192 in this picture. This is at my sister's college graduation.

This weekend will mark 2 months since starting to change so I will try to take a picture then.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Well, as I was getting ready for the gym my boyfriend called. He is on work travel until the first week in february and I hadn't been able to talk to him since saturday last week (he flew out to Glendale, AZ for the national championship game and then had issues getting back to where he was working). So I chatted with him for a little bit and then I STILL WENT TO THE GYM!

I REALLY wanted to curl up on the couch and watch tv, but instead I went to the gym.

I did 45 minutes on the treadmill for a total of 3 miles. I did some intervals during the workout, alternating between 3.7mph and 5 mph on roughly 2-3 minute intervals (the time depended on the song i was listening to).

I have signed up for the Warrior Dash on 1/30/11. It is basically a 5k with obstacles (water, fire, bales of hay, wind hills, cargo nets, etc). I have stepped up (read: added ) my workouts since I signed up last week. I know that the end of the month is enough time to train, but I think I can make a difference in my fitness. I am hoping that if I work hard until then, the running will get easier. Once I survive the Dash, working out will already be a habit for me and i will start to get in a groove.

I also play softball once a week (2x weekly in other seasons) and volleyball once a week. The softball I don't consider a workout (all social) but the volleyball is sand volleyball and is anywhere from 3v3 to 5v5. I usually get a decent and fun workout from volleyball.

I don't consider my sports to be adequate workouts. I hope that stepping up my game in terms of working out will pay off.

Got home and had the caramel pudding treat to bring my nutrition totals for the day to:

570 calories
11 carbs

ok, its time to get to bed now. I will get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight!!

and I will NOT turn the heat on. This is FLORIDA for friggin sake... be strong and don't turn the heat on charlie!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Here is todays plan:

Food:
B- bacon (70 cals/0 carb)
S- Cheese stick (50 cal/2 carb)
L - Leftover skirt steak and broccoli/cheese single serving thing (200cal/5 carbs)
S Cheese stick (50 cal/2 carb)

That wouild be 370 calories and 9 carbs

I haven't figured out dinner yet but it will probably be salsa chicken I think..

Salsa chicken:
-oven to 350
-place chicken breasts in pan
-fill remaining space in pan with salsa and italian dressing until the chicken is almost covered.
-sprinkle some parmesan cheese over if you like
-bake 45 minutes
-remove pan and place 1 slice of 2% mozzerella over each chicken breast
-return to oven for 15 minutes
-turn broiler on and brown cheese to your liking (optional)

If you have this with other people, it is good to serve over rice. I will make the rice when I make this for others, but won't eat the rice myself.

Excercise tonight will be... something...
I have a friend (who will be running the warrior dash with me) coming over to work out. We were going to play tennis, but it is too could out here. So we are either going to do some weights and a little cardio at the gym or do one of the workout dvd's i have...

I am kind of hoping we do one of the dvd's. It would be nice to have some help there. I always get frustrated and quit, or hit pause, or suddenly have to do something else while the harder excercises are on. A friend will help keep me honest.

thats it for the day!

I am going to drink all of my water today!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Ok, end of the day and about time to go home. I felt good today no issues other than the fact that I am FREEZING!. It makes drinking water really hard.

I did not do as well as planned with water.
3-16.9 fl oz bottles
1-cup of hot tea (i was cold!!)
1-20 fl oz poweradeZERO (strawberry!)

so that is in between 70 and 80 oz. I will drink more when i get home.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

So, my friend came over and we did a 60 minute workout. It was hard!

It was called Bob Harper Inside Out Method. After one hour I was sweaty and Tired and it felt good. and it is going to HURT tomorrow.

For dinner I did make salsa chicken. I also had a snack before the workout to hold me over. the totals for the day, adding in snack and dinner:

S-1/2 protein bar (50cal/2.5 carb)
Dinner - salsa chicken (360 cal/3 carb)

Dinner was a little much.... but i had a hard workout.

TOTAL:
780 cal (only just over) and about 15 carbs.

Tomorrow I have an annual doctors appointment. I am actually a little curious to see what I weight this time last year.... I think I am less now. This might be the first I have ever gone to the doctor weighing less then the previous visit. :-)
Old 01-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

So last night the temps were in the 30's here. That is cold. This is Florida. Anything below 60 is freezing to me.

Anyways, since I have lost a decent amount of weight I always seem to be cold. I cannot get warm. And I am cheap and do not like to use my heat (Florida, remember?). I have had trouble sleeping lately because of the cold. I just can't seem to get warm enough. One night i tried take a hot bath right before bedtime. It worked at first. When I got into bed I was almost too warm. I fell asleep half uncovered and woke up freezing. Then I couldn't really get back to a deep sleep. I had been covering up with a down duvet + a "summer weight" duvet. I also sleep in socks, pj pants and a t-shirt. Last night i stepped it up and slept in the pants, socks, longsleeved shirt and sweatshit. Plus I added a quilt on top of the other two blankets. I was finally warm enough to sleep through the night. It was AWESOME. :-) Sometimes it is the little things in life.

Today's food/plan:

B: bacon + 1/2 protein bar (120 calories and 2.5 carb)
S-cheese stick (50 calories and 2 carb)
L-Chicken sausage (100 calories and 2 carb)
S-cheese stick (50 calories and 2 carb)
D-?

My tally for the day is
320 calories
8.5 carb

This leaves 180-380 calories for dinner + night snacks. Easy-Peasy!

Excercise:

I plan to go to the gym and run on the treadmill this evening.
Last time I did 3 miles in 45 minutes. I hope to do better this time and also increase the amount of time I can run without slowing to a walk.

Small victory of the day:
Went to the doctor for an annual appointment and was weighed. I weigh 20 lbs less than i did at the same time last year. This means that between last years appointment in january and November when joined Medi, I gained 10 lbs. And then have lost 30. Its not like this is a huge surprise to me... but it is nice to see proof. Plus I was also wondering how fast my weight climbed, and now I have a better idea. For a significant part of 2010 I was living in a hotel on the other side of the country for work. I was wondering what kind of effect that had on my weight.

I do not have any plans for tonight or tomorrow other than going for an optometrist appointment and working out. I do have sunday and monday (off of work for MLKjr day) jam packed though. Somehow I still feel a little lame for not doing anything. I should call someone up and make plans... but I don't really want to. I am kind of looking forward to cleaning my apartment, relaxing, and having me time. :-) I may actually have time to read a book! or work on the scarf I am attempting to knit! crazy!

oh yes, and water count for the day thus far
3-16 fl oz bottles

I need to do better than that
TIME TO START CHUGGING.

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 01-14-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: forgot to add water count
Old 01-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

So I experimented with dinner and it turned out really good. here is what I did

Ingredients (yielded 3 servings)
chicken breast (14oz)
1 TBSP olive oil
1 can artichoke heats
red pepper flakes (to taste)
basil (to taste)
garlic (to taste, but i used 2 cloves)
mozzarella cheese (3 servings according to bag)

1. cut chicken into bite sized pieces
2. cook in wok sprayed with pam
3. remove chicken from wok and set aside
4. add oil, garlic, and hearts
5. add red pepper flakes
6. add chicken
7. add more red pepper flakes
8. add basil
9. stir until everything is hot
10. dish out into a bowl
11. add mozzarella cheese (use serving info on bag)
12. yummy :-)

nutrition info
per serving
4.5 oz chicken = 35 cal per oz x 4.5 = approx 160 cal
1/3 tbsp olive oil = 40 calories
artichokes = 0 calories and 5 carbs (Medi weight loss instructs not to count calories for veggies, i serving veggies = 5 carbs)
cheese = 80 calories and 2 carbs

total per serving = 280 calories and 7 carbs

Adding this to the rest of the days food is:
600 calories and 15.5 carbs

I aim for 500-700 calories per day so this is good.

Now I will digest for a few minutes while I catch up on the Grey's Anatomy from last night. Then, off to the gym!!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

So last night i managed to do 3 miles in 43 minutes. According to the treadmill that was 300 calories burned. Running is getting a little easier. it is still hard... but maybe a tiny smidge easier now.

After I got home from the gym I did have a treat before bed. I had a carbsmart fudge bar. (100 calories and 3 carbs)

this makes yesterdays final grand total:
700 calories
18.5 carbs

While on the high end of my limit, it is still within. And I supposedly burned 300 calories at the gym, so it was a good day.

This morning I slept until 8 (it was glorious!). Then I decided to get up and go into the office for a few hours. I had an optometrist appointment at 12, so I knew I wouldn't end up there all day. Plus then I would still have the rest of the day to take care of things around the apartment. I have been working on creating a facebook page for my fledgling photography business and this morning I was just creating actions in photoshop to automatically watermark my images. Now I need to get some laundry done!

Food so far today (things are a little less planned on weekends...)
B-protein shake (80 calories, 4 carbs)
L-protein bar (100 calories 5 carbs)
S-caramel mousse sugar free pudding thing (60 cal, 3 carbs)

eh..not so great. I will probably have a more protein rich snack and then dinner later.

I am planning to do the Jillian michaels 30 day shred video later this afternoon.

all in all, it seems like a very relaxing yet productive saturday :-)
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Your story could be my story (the high school sports, etc.). Good for you for making such great progress. Keep up the great work!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thank you!!

Trying not to lose momentum :-)
Old 01-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Well, the rest of today didn't exactly go as planned. it wasn't terrible... but it wasn't great.

Food:
S-1/2 chicken sausage (50 cal 1 carb)
D-leftover chicken and artichoke thing (280 cal, 7 carb) (i ate early)
D2-crustless pizza thing (120 cal, 1 carb)

Total:
690 calories
21 carb

and I'm not gonna lie, i am probably going to have a fudge bar. I am in one of those moods and I need chocolate. So i might as well go ahead and add it..

New total:
790 calories
24 carbs

well, calories are over, but carbs are under. I indulged a little today. It could have been worse.

I also didn't work out. Thats ok. I will tomorrow. I have told myself I get 4-5 days per week to work out and I went monday, wednesday, thursday, and friday this week.

I spent the afternoon going through clothes...getting rid of all of the sizes that don't fit.

The positives of this: I am no longer a size 16!! I am solidly a 14, and sometimes a snug 12

The negatives: while going through everything I decided to go ahead and get out the clothes that I had stashed away under my bed in 5 vacuum bags (clothes ranging in size from 6 () to 12, all the 14's were never put away in the bags). I sorted those clothes into piles by size so that as I go down I can just work through the piles in order. However, the 14s were somewhat depressing, because I remember when iI bought them. The majority of them were bought in desperation because I just needed something that fit. I remember being depressed about it and upset about it. Now they fit and it is hard to be glad because I remember being upset. It doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

the bottom line is this put into a weird "depressed but not really" mood where i don't really want to do anything but sit on the couch and eat.

blah.

tomorrow I have plans to be out of the apartment all day. The same goes for Monday. At least I won't be home alone with my thought... my thoughts are annoying.

Now, I am going to get my fudge bar and enjoy the hell outta it.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Well, the day started out on the right foot. I got and did the 30 day shred workout (its getting easier!). I had bacon for breakfast (I really need to hard boil some eggs so I don't have to make bacon every morning) and then a cheesestick a little later for a snack.

I went out with a friend of mine to a photography scavenger hunt. It was actually pretty amusing. Then I scarfed down a protein bar I had brought in my purse for lunch. We headed out to the Highland Games to see some crazy scottish things. As we were walking around there this afternoon I had another cheese stick. Then I broke down and really just wanted to get something to eat.

Sooo I got a chicken gyro. It was chicken and onion and pepper stir fried together on top of lettuce, cucumer, and tomato on a pit with ranch dressing. I got a fork and basically used the pitbread as a plate, but the insides of the pita could not have been good... I have no idea how many calories or carbs were in it and I really hate that. And of course being depressed about that (and exhausted from being on my feet all day) I had a fudge bar when i got home.

Soooo what do I know I ate today?
Bacon- 70 calories
2 Cheese sticks (100 calories, 4 carbs)
1 protein bar - 100 calories, 5 carbs
1 fudge bar - 100 calories, 3 carbs

KNOWN total: 370 calories, 12 carbs

Unknown-the insides of a gyro:
Chicken
onions
peppers
lettuce
tomato
cucumber
ranch dressing
grease

UNKOWN total: unknown!

Ok, so now that I spell it out, it doesn't seem that bad. I know that the gyro had to be more than 130 (which is my remaining calories after you count what i knew i ate) calories, but it probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Like I said, I only used the pita as a plate which I am sure helped alot.

I am feeling lethargic, but I assume that is from the greasy food (which i am not used to having) and being out on my feet in the sun all day (and it was warm today...).

Time to stop beating myself up... chug some water (i am dehydrated) and clean up the mess I made yesterday going through all of my clothes.

Tomorrow I go to Busch Gardens (I have MLKjr day off from work) and I will need to make sure I plan that well. I will bring a protein bar and some cheese sticks. I might also bring some chocolate almonds in case I really need a sweet fix as well as some turkey pepperoni for a quick snack. I can handle it!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

and just for fun, here are cumulative stats from the Medi Weightloss website. :-)

I need some motivation and seeing this progress helps.

Starting this week, I only go in for weigh ins every two weeks. So, I will post these stats then. On off weight in weeks I will probably weight myself on Tuesday mornings (normal weight in day). I will report this weight, however it isn't really official. I think it will help me to gauge my loss over the two week period. I will NOT weight everyday... that just gets depressing.

I would also like to note.. that according to my BMI, I am no longer obese :-) (the fact that I was obese makes me want to , but I am not anymore, so that it good) . When I get below 160, I will be considered a healthy weight :-)
Old 01-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your day off! And good for you for brushing yourself off and moving ahead; though in the grand scheme, your gryo guts probably weren't that bad.

Hooray for moving into "overweight"! I remember when that happened to me. 159 is my threshold for "normal" as well; I'm not sure how that weight will be on me, though. I am an hourglass, and I'd like to keep it that way!

Great progress so far!!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!!

My goal is 150. I picked it because it put my solidly into the healthy range. I may reevaluate it when I get closer though. When I was smaller, I didn't have very large"assests" so I know that by the time I get down towards my goal, they will probably have shrunken..alot. I have already noticed a change, lol. Keeping them is not a big deal to me...although buying new bras will be a pain...
Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

As of this weekend it has been 2 months since I started Medi. So, I have added a new progress picture. I am still not THAT happy about being in pictures... but I am tolerating it now. The one I added is really dorky... I was doing a photo scavenger hunt with some friends this morning and one of the items on the list the was "Still life meets real life". So that is why I am posing with a mannequin (not something I do on a regular basis :-) )

30 days (and hopefully 10-15 lbs) until the next picture!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to Florida, the sunshine state.. where out of nowhere there are torrential downpours that last all day and cancel your trip to Busch Gardens.

LAME

Oh well, there is always another day. That is what season passes are for right?? :-)

Now I have a free day... what to do??

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 01-17-2011 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: I spell like a moron sometimes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Well, I was looking forward to spending the day at Busch gardens but it wasn't in the cards.

I did manage to do better being at home today. I am proud of that.

Food:

B-hard-boiled egg (70 calories)
L-leftover chicken/artichoke/cheese (280 cal, 7 carb)
s-1/2 protein bar (50 cal, 2.5 carb)
D - 3.5 oz steak (190 calories)

Totals: 590 calories and 9.5 carbs

Exercise:
40 minutes on the treadmill for 3 miles! I have bettered my time
-300 calories burned

All in all, a nice day :-)

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment and was told by the Medi clinic that I should take my AS or fat burrners before I go... so tomorrow may be interesting.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear the trip was canceled! Good for you for staying on plan at home; I find being at home much harder than being out for the day!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I think I was more bummed out about being home all day so close to temptation than I was about missing out on the park. :-)
Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

So at about 6:30pm I was outside walking the dog and I saw the UPS truck pulling through the gate to my apartment complex. And at the same time I remembered that I had a Netrition order coming any day now. So I ran upstairs with the dog and waited for him to knock at the door. It was better than Christmas I swear!

Once I got my package I realized I didn't have any sour cream (needed in one of the mixes) so I actually changed out of my pj's (yes, I was in pj's at 6:30... I changed into them after the gym) and went to Publix to get some sour cream.

I made the Dixie Diner Carbcounter's Banana nut bread (73 calories and 3 carb per serving - add that to my daily total...) that I had ordered. I was nervous about it, but the consensus is...LOVE IT! I have been dying to have something more bread like for a while and this is perfect. My only beef with it is that I used a slightly bigger bread pan than it called for, so when I went to cut it into 16 servings, the slices got thin and my cheapo knives weren't cutting it (literally). I put half of it in the freezer for later, and the other half in the fridge to use over the next week or so.

I am looking forward to using my new purchases to spice up my diet a bit and keep me motivated. As I use them, I will pass my judgment on the individual products that I bought :-)

On another note... tomorrow would be my normal weigh in day. However, now I have started going every other week and this week is a off week. I will weight myself tomorrow morning to try to gauge my weekly progress. I am a little concerned because I have significantly stepped up my exercise over the past week and a half. I don't know what effect this will have (though I have been steadily increasing my endurance on the treadmill :-) )
Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Alright, time to come up with some freaking goals...

I am currently 182 lbs and today is 1/17/2011.

My boyfriend is on work travel in Charlottesville until February 6th (and has been since 1/3). So he will be home in about 3 weeks. Last time he saw me I was about 186. I know this is a stretch goal, but I would really like to have lost 10 lbs by the time he sees be again. Sooo

Goal #1: 176 by 2/6/11 (total weight loss of 36lbs)

Ok, now onto the next goal (pulling out my planner to see what significant events are coming up...) huh, there aren't really alot of significant events (yet) in February. I could count valentines day (which also happens to be my boyfriends birthday) but I already have Goal #1 set for the week prior. Ok, lets aim for the end of February (wow, February is a pain in the butt to correctly type over and over again...)... If I am aiming for 176 on 2/6 (after some fancy interpolation) that would mean I will be 178 (rounding up) at the end of January. I would like to lose 10 lbs in Feb. Soooooo

Goal #2: 168 by 2/28/11 (44 lbs total loss)

Crud.. Feb is a short month... oh well, that's why it is called a goal!

Next goal... lets continue the 10 lbs losses every month. The boyfriend is gone for all of March on travel again (gotta love work). So ideally I will be 168 when he leaves and 158 when he returns.

Goal # 3: 158 by 3/31/11 (54 lbs total loss)

Of, if/WHEN I hit goal # 3 I will be within 8 lbs of my original goal weight. I don't know if this goal weight is my final goal wight. I think that once I hit goal #3 I will reassess my goal weight.

recap:
Goal #1: 176 by 2/6/11 (total weight loss of 36lbs)
Goal #2: 168 by 2/28/11 (44 lbs total loss)
Goal #3: 158 by 3/31/11 (54 lbs total loss)

And how am I going to achieve these goals?
1. Eat within my guidelines as specified by the Medi clinic
2. Track food here, regardless of whether it was a good day or bad day
3. If (and when) I have a bad day, get over it and move on
4. Exercise regularly (5-6 days per week) and push myself when I do (intramural sports do NOT count as exercise)
5. Train for Warrior Dash
6. Get more sleep. I have no reason to be up until midnight.
7. DRINK WATER
8. DRINK MORE WATER
9. DRINK EVEN MORE WATER

And on that note, I am going to pack my lunch, lay out my clothes, take out my contacts and go to bed. I will be up by 5am (30 minutes early) to get in a 20 minute workout with my buddy Jillian Michaels.

Bed time!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Unofficial "official" weigh in this morning : 181.0 (-1.4 lbs down)

Not that great, but I have been in ketosis solidly and I have busted my butt working out this week. I am hoping that my body is a)holding on to fat because I freaked it out by working out this week or b)I still lost fat, but also gained muscle.

This week I am going to keep working out and increase it even where I can.

Today I am also going to track each bottle of water I have. I need to keep up on the water!

On a good note, I got up and did circuit one of Jillians 30 day shred. It getting easier. The moves that I have the most trouble with are the pushups and the shoulder presses. I am going to do circuit one for the rest of the week and try to increase my shoulder strength. Then I will move on to the unknown... circuit 2!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Water count for the day:

1 Bottle of water (16.9 fl oz)
Working on the second

and just for amusement... trips to bathroom at work so far : 0
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Unofficial "official" weigh in this morning : 181.0 (-1.4 lbs down)

Not that great, but I have been in ketosis solidly and I have busted my butt working out this week. I am hoping that my body is a)holding on to fat because I freaked it out by working out this week or b)I still lost fat, but also gained muscle.

This week I am going to keep working out and increase it even where I can.

Today I am also going to track each bottle of water I have. I need to keep up on the water!

On a good note, I got up and did circuit one of Jillians 30 day shred. It getting easier. The moves that I have the most trouble with are the pushups and the shoulder presses. I am going to do circuit one for the rest of the week and try to increase my shoulder strength. Then I will move on to the unknown... circuit 2!
I find that my body holds on to more water after hard workouts. Could be the same for you as well. Pushups are tough!! I hate them, and I also hate planks, which is why I avoid them in my workouts. I really need to do them, though. ~sigh~

Funny note about the bathroom trips! I felt like I was in there alllll day yesterday. I had 4 cups of tea and countless cups of water!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Christine, hoping that is the case. going to drink more to try to drop more :-) and I think that most of the steps on my pedometer (at least at work) are from walks to the bathroom, lol.

Water count for the day:

1 cup of tea (15 oz?)
Working on the second bottle still (drank tea instead)

total water: 31.9 fl oz

and just for amusement... trips to bathroom at work so far : 1
Old 01-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Water count for the day:

1 cup of tea (15 oz?)