Old 01-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
Jess's 2011 journey from fat to fit

Today's weigh in: 162.4

Well, I have decided to start a journal on here, I visit here often, atleast a few times per day, so I figured to be more accountable I would post my menus, weigh-ins, daily exercise, and thoughts for the day. I have found this website to be VERY helpful to me in many ways, I have found a lot of support and information to motivate me to continue my low carb WOE. I hope to be able to realize a pattern, whether it be TOM, drinking too much alcohol, eating too many calories, not exercising enough, etc. I will weigh daily for now to notice changes in my eating relative to my weight loss or lack of. I may also rant a *little* bit about about my daily stressors, I'll try not to though. I have recently switched over from taking Zoloft daily to a more natural anti-depressant supplement Sam-E, it has made a huge difference in my quality of life, I am happier, more energetic, and can actually appreciate my wonderful but chaotic life

Feel free to chime in, if anyone has anything to offer: comments, advice, whatever.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Jan. 8th, 2011

Todays menu:

B- Induction pancakes, (2 eggs, 3 oz. cream cheese) topped with 1 tbsp. butter, 3 slices center cut bacon

L- 1 package shirataki noodles, 10 large shrimp with garlic butter

D- Crispy proscuitto salad topped with grilled chicken, with homemade blue cheese dressing, actually sounds VERY yummy, its just that in the past I had ordered their crabmeat crepes which are just amazing!!! I plugged the salad into *********.com and it comes in at 10 net carbs, pretty good for eating out!

100 oz. water today

********* totals for today:

1707 calories
26 carbs, (20 net)
128 fat grams
106 grams protein

Today's exercise:

35 minutes, 350 calories burned, 2 miles, treadmill workout ( 3.5 speed, 8 incline)

I hope to avoid alcohol tonight, but I cannot guarantee it, its kind of my Saturday evening treat, especially on date night, if anything, it will be 1 or 2 Beck's light beers.

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-08-2011 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: forgot to add today's exercise
jessreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Behavioral goals for 2011

Loo's post re: Behavioral goals for 2011

I figured I would copy and paste my response so I could look back on it and refresh my memory if needed:

My list for 2011:

1. Stick to a low carb WOE, under 20 carbs per day

2. Drink 100 oz. water per day

3. Exercise atleast 3 times per week, atleast 30 minutes per day ( I own a treadmill, and have signed up for a weekly Zumba class, starts tomorrow, I am very excited!)

4. Wean off of Zoloft, begin taking Sam-E, (Done, on day 3 of Sam-E, going great, the brain fog and fatigue are GONE!!! Woohoo!!!)

5. Drink less alcohol, a glass or two of wine on Saturday nights is plenty.

6. Yell less, laugh more with my precious children, enjoy them, I have a GREAT life, very blessed, time to appreciate it all!

7. Date night, every other Saturday night with my hubby, mandatory!

8. Journal in my diary every day, log into ********* daily, and post and read here.

9. Stay off of Facebook, I deactivated my account, it was taking too much time away from my family, and I do not to be concerned with other's lives, focus on my own.

10. Take a college course this summer (my youngest baby turns 2, it will be much easier then to return to school), and one this fall.

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-08-2011 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: wanted to put list in bold
Old 01-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

1/9/11

Jan. 9th, 2011

Today's weight: 163

Today's exercise:

330 calories, 2 miles treadmill (3 speed,incline 7), 38 minutes

Today's menu:

B- Medium Dunkin Donuts hazelnut with cream, with 2 packets stevia in the raw
2 hard boiled eggs, 2 slices deli ham, 1 tbsp. mayo

L- 2 spicy tuna rolls (we were out and about today, failed to plan ahead so ended up in the mall food court )

D- Cobb salad

I am coming up short on the water today too, but will catch up and make 100 oz. today. I am also hoping my 2 beers and couple of glasses of wine last night won't mess with my efforts too much. It is so hard for me to stick with abstaining from alcohol on the weekends, unfortunately it is a part of my social life.

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-09-2011 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: added in todays weight
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Jan. 10th, 2011

1/10/11

Today's exercise:

330 calories, 2 miles treadmill workout

Today's menu:

B- 3 eggs, 4 chicken sausage breakfast links, 1 coffee with 2 tbsp. half and half and 2 tbsp. SF caramel syrup

L- 4.5 homemade hot wings, homemade blue cheese dressing

D- Rotiserrie chicken, roasted zucchini (butter/olive oil and garlic)

S- 1/4 cup leftover chicken salad from yesterday

100 oz. water

Ok, its been a week since I started to get serious about my weight problems, I did not weigh in today but I have exercised 8 out of the 10 days this month and feel as though it is becoming habit again. I will be positive and believe that I can stick with it. Now, If I can just get my weekend bad eating under control, the alcohol and "cheat" meals add up and stall my losses, think I am going to have to go cold turkey on the weekend drinks for a while.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

1/11/11

Today's weight: 163

Today's menu:

B- 2 eggs, 3 chicken breakfast sausage links, coffee w/ H & H and SF FV syrup

L- leftover rotisserie chicken, and saved drippings, small greek salad w/1 tbsp. EVOO and spray of lemon juice

100 oz. water

D- low carb brocolli cheese soup and spinach/bacon salad

********* totals for today:

1,444 calories
25 carbs, 20 net

Exercise total:

330 calories, 2 miles treadmill workout

Ok, okay, so I have decided since my weight is not budging at all since Jan. 1st. I have decided that I need to tweak my carb/calories once again. I will have to stay under 1600 calories, and around 20 carbs per day. I tried to do VLC, and was averaging around 10 carbs daily, but I just ended up eating up around 2,000 calories per day of meat ( I was pretty hungry all the time) and did not lose weight :-( I really do better on some veggies I think, one or two servings per day.

So, here we go again!

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-11-2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: added exercise for today
Old 01-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Jan. 12th, 2011

[B]Today's weight: 162.6

Today's exercise:

2 miles, 330 calories, treadmill workout, 3.5 speed, 10 incline (Youch!!! This actually wore me out worse than jog/run/walk intervals), I think I will alternate days of intervals and inclines to keep my muscles guessing.

So...confession time, I am having a rough time weaning off the Zoloft and switching to Sam-E. I have been very irratable with the kids the past few days and turning to food again to solve my problems. Last night I had 3/4 of my sugar-free Trader Joe's milk chocolate bar after the kids went to bed, I just felt like I needed it to calm down, well, then I washed it down with a glass of wine. So, after dinner, I added 337 calories and 17 carbs to my daily total!!!
I tried 400 mg. of the Sam-E over the weekend, things were great, I felt calm. So, Monday rolls around and I decide since I bought 200 mg. tabs and 400 mg. tabs, to not "waste" the 200 mg. ones that I would take those during the week when I have a bit of a break from the kids (school/preschool for 2 of them), BIG MISTAKE! I have been a grouchy witch ever since, and yesterday I decided to take 2 of the 200 mg. pills, just now starting to feel like myself again, although I felt more benefit from the 400 mg. pills (something to do with all of the enteric coating on the pills when I take 2 of the 200 mg.????) and when I need to restock I will just buy those.

SO, the chocolate is out of the house now, and no more temptations for me in the house, so hopefully I got that out of my system.

I was visiting with a friend yesterday who I was complaining to about not losing any weight this month, she suggested I add in weight training as well. She let me borrow her Jackie Warner one on one training DVD, I will try it this afternoon and shoot for doing that or a similar toning video 2X a week in addition to my treadmill daily.

Today's menu:

B- 2 eggs, 3 links of chicken breakfast sausage, 2 coffees (rough morning= all 3 kiddos home, snow day!)

L- Leftover brocolli cheese soup (a lot, probably 2.5 cups, oops)

D- sliced chicken breast, broiled, and brushed with Frank's buffalo sauce, Caesar salad (sans croutons)

100 oz. water

1,731 calories
18 carbs, 14 net carbs
Old 01-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Hi Jess!

I saw you have started your journal recently. Just started mine today and am hoping it will keep me honest, as I am sure you are.

Just a quick suggestion, to kick start your weight loss, try a week or so of very low carb (<10 carbs). It is rough a ROUGH week but once you get through it you should be in ketosis (test with keto sticks from any drug store) and will not be as hungry or as wiped out from it. As long as you stay in ketosis once in (I keep under 25 carb/day) you should be losing consistently. (of course everything works better in theory!)

I saw a big drop my first week and that is what motivated me to keep going.

All the best!
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Jan. 13th, 2011

Today's weight: 164.6

I am so, so upset! How the heck can I gain 2 pounds overnight?
I ate the very calorie dense low carb brocolli soup yesterday, and I had some (1.5 servings) almonds last night. I guess I need to stick to just plain old real food, no fancy recipes. I am beginning to think I cannot do Atkins, I will start a new diet called the Deprivation diet, I just don't know what to do now, I cannot seem to lose weight. Now I am off to find something in my closet I can squeeze my fat %ss into! Way to ruin my day today!

I did some research last night on my BMR, it is 1502. I guess I will eat to that, and then get my 330 calorie deficit on the treadmill daily, hope it will work. I also really think this daily weighing is messing with my head, so I will weigh in next Thursday, and hope I am down. I am so discouraged right now, I want to cry. Not a good day.

I just want to say Screw it to be honest and not even try!

Today's exercise: Zumba class, 45 minutes

Today's menu:

B- 2 eggs, 2 chicken breakfast sausage links, 1 coffee with half and half and SF syrup

L- can of tuna with mayo

D- Turkey burger, no bun, with swiss and RS ketchup and mayo, small salad with gorgonzola dressing

S- 100 calorie brie bites from Trader Joe's (if necessary)

1,488 calories, 12 carbs
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Charlie,
I just now read your post, Thanks so much for your advice! I will try to keep my carbs lower, but as I mentioned above, I eat A LOT when I am very low carb, my calories are sky high, over 2,000 some days. Do you find you do not have to count calories if your carbs are under 10? I am trying to tweak my WOE, it is just so frustrating, I can't eat anything it seems! Thanks for your input!
Have a great day!
Jess
Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Jess,

The plan I am on limits both calories and carbs. I think that is a big difference between Medi Weight loss and other LC/atkins diets. The biggest thing I have learned is portion control. I am eating 500-700 calories per day. On days I excercise, I will up it a little bit. Regardles of whether I am eating <10 carbs (trying to get into ketosis) or <25 carbs (already in ketosis) I still count the same calories.

With the <25 carbs I can have 2 cups of veggies (or 1c of veggies and 1c of fruit - though some fruits and veggies are still a no-no (carrots, oranges, potatos, etc...you'll have to check the nutrition content to decide which are just too high in carbs). For the fruit and veggies that are allowed, I count 10 carbs per cup of fruit and 5 per cup of veggies and I do not count the calories for those unless I have topped them with something (cheese :-) ).

Right or wrong, that has been working for me. It is what the Medi weight loss clinic instructs.

It was tough in the beginning to limit my calories so much after being used to eating god knows how many every day. Some of the tricks were to chew gum, drink chicken broth (low fat/low sodium) and drink ALOT of water. I went through bad carb withdrawal to get into ketosis (headaches and a small bouth of naseau) Once you get into ketosis the hunger, headaches and fatigue disappear. Then you know you are burning fat and leaving the muscle (if you starve yourself too much you will lose both, so I was told it was important to make sure i never ate BELOW the daily amounts).

You are already on a low carb diet, so the carb withdrawals for you would surely be alot less. I suspect it would be the hunger that is worst. I also learned to knit to keep my hands away from food, lol.

The best thing about the Medi program is that it is Dr supervised and the will prescribe appetite suppressants (AS).... though I am not sure they really affect me... I forget to take them sometimes and never notice. I was also told they would keep me awake.. and that didn't happen either. for some the AS probably help, but there are many people who can't take them, so it isn't entirely necessary, just an aide.

Your carbs aren't over the top, it is just the calories.

In the beginning it felt like i couldn't eat anything, but since then I have figured out a wealth of new ideas. Alot of the recipies in the Medi boards are awesome. There is also a thread in there where people just list their daily intakes. I peruse it from time to time to get new meal ideas also.

Don't get frustrated, one day at a time!! Get on the wagon for one week and you should see results. I am results oriented... so if I hadn't seen results in the first week I probably would have quit (hate to say it but true).

ack soo long! sorry, I really didn't mean to hijack your journal!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

1/14/11

I did not weigh in today, next day will be Jan. 20th (Thursday).

Today's exercise:

30 minutes, treadmill ( I am just NOT feeling it today, haven't done it yet but I WILL!) not sure of the calories burned yet.

Today's menu:

B- hard boiled egg, half a turkey burger topped with cheddar and 1 Tbsp. homemade guacamole (raided leftovers in fridge, busy morning) Medium iced coffee at DD, with light cream and 2 splenda, 1 coffee at home with SF syrup and half and half

L- Out at 99 restaurant, bacon cheeseburger, no bun, a dab of mayo and a small squirt of ketchup (I know, I know, I didn't have my RS ketchup handy!!!), and a side salad with blue cheese dressing, instead of fries, with a diet coke

D- turkey burger topped with cheddar, RS ketchup (bunless), romaine salad with homemade Gorgonzola vinaigrette

26 carbs, 1,520 calories,

I just ordered Atkins 72' on Amazon and The Diet Cure, looking forward to reading them both, I need all of the help I can get.

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-14-2011 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: change of calories/carb count
Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

1/15/11

Today's exercise: 30 minutes recumbent bike, tension 13

Today's menu:

B- 2 egg omelette with 1 slice cheddar and 1 slice of deli ham, 2 coffees, 4 Tbsp. H & H and SF syrup

L- 3 sushi rolls, miso soup

D- broiled swordfish, topped with garlic aioli, Beeb's toscano soup, 2 Becks Light beers

SO, my carbs are out of control today from eating sushi out at a restaurant for lunch today. And I had 2 vodka drinks last night at home (vodka, crystal light packet and diet tonic water)

Today's totals:

125 carbs. 2031 calories (YUP, this is what I do on the weekends, I know it stops my losses, I just cannot stop it)
Old 01-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

1/18/11

Today's menu:

B- 3 eggs scrambled in 1 tbsp. butter, 1 cup coffee with 2 tbsp. HWC and 2 tbsp. SF syrup

L- 12 drummies in Franks hot wing sauce

D- 2 eggs, 4 oz. boneless pork loin steak

100 oz. water

1,450 calories, 4 carbs
Today's exercise: 330 calories treadmill workout

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-18-2011 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: calorie/carb count
Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

1/18/11

Today's menu:

B- 3 eggs, 3 bacon, 1 tbsp.butter, 1 coffee with H & H and SF syrup

L- 2 bunless turkey burgers w/ cheddar slices, mayo, and RS Heinz ketchup

D- Cobb salad, no avacado
Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Still experiencing binge-y behavior, UGH!

I have not exercised in 3 days, need to get my s/*& together!

I hope to exercise atleast at naptime today, STICK with my menu today, get back into ketosis, get rid of the cravings again (Thanks to my mom for bringing donuts into the house, I am like a drug addict!!)

Very ashamed of my eating behaviors lately, I have been binging on whatever carbs are in my house, after visiting with my mom and her telling me, I "can't restrict any food groups, its all in moderation, this low carb thing is bad for you" and 5 minutes earlier we were at the grocery store and she was buying donuts, chips, candy bars, etc. "for the kids", and here I am, back at square one trying to get my binge attacks away again, I need to speak up and just say NO, I will not allow that junk in my home, not just for me, but for my kids as well, there is nothing at all nutritionally good in donuts, candy bars!!!!!!! I watched the new show Heavy on A & E, and it really hit home, I am a Food addict as well, I need to get it under control!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Don't beat yourself up! Put it behind you and move on :-)

My mom drives me nuts about my eating habits. She is concerned that I am depriving myself (I don't feel that way because I see the change it is making and I choose the change over the food). But when we talk about what I am eating, she will make comments like, "but you eat as much meat as you want right?". No mom... you can NEVER have as much as you want of something, unless that something is water. Even in this stage it in moderation, but moderation of the CORRECT foods. Thinking I could eat as much as I wanted of anything is how I got here in the first place.

You can control yourself. Revert to any means necessary. I sit on my hands alot and chew alot of SF gum :-) In meetings when people try to pass around cookies or something and then leave them near me I immediately push them out of reach before I have a chance to try to reason with myself and convince myself that it is ok to have one.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Charlie,
Thank you SO much for chiming in here, I really need all of the support I can get!
I just got off the treadmill and started reading the first couple chapters of The Diet Cure, by Julia Ross, sticking to plan today, I went through the cupboards again, threw out some more of the "trigger food" crap in there. Onward and upward, Thanks again for being here for me!!

Jess
Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

anytime :-)

I cleaned out my pantry of bad food too. Though now when my sisters (younger than me and in college) visit they have to bring their own food, and take it with them when they leave. On of my sisters is a vegetarian... so she can rarely find food to eat at my place, lol. Though she keeps eating all my dang cheese sticks
Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

1/22/11

Today's weight: 161.8

I have been super busy lately. I have been spending more time with my family, and taking my free time to exercise which means less screen time, it is a really good thing though. For the past 6 months I have been obsessively reading diet books, websites, etc. I know what to do, I just have to do it.
So, its the weekend again, I did not post yesterdays menu here, but I was at 1435 calories, 30 carbs, I know this is a little high on the carbs, but Friday is pizza night for the family, I make it homemade. I had a Joseph's flax pita pizza and salad, the meal total was 18 carbs, I know, too much, I just was trying to not feel deprived. Especially since I stuck with JUST ONE Bud Select 55 last night, This is huge! I usually do have some cocktails on the weekends, it's part of my lifestyle, and I like it. It was hard to watch my DH having a few drinks while we were watching our movie last night, while I had my 32 ounce glass of water. Hopefully once I get a little further on in my weight loss journey, I can have a few beers on the weekend without undoing my hard work all week.

Yesterday DH bought me Your shape (Jenny McArthy) for the Wii, I actually really love it. After watching The biggest loser, I used to be fat, and Heavy, I have really decided to incorporate strength/weight training. A few summers ago I worked twice a week with a personal trainer after the birth of my 2nd daughter, lots of lunges, step-ups, push-ups, tricep dips, squats, etc. I was in really good shape, still didn't have the eating thing down, even then I couldn't get under 160 though. I gave my trainer a weeks worth of my menu written out, he highlighted a lot of the bad things, and I will never forget what he said, "it's all about lifestyle for you", meaning, I EAT TOO MUCH, AND TOO MUCH BAD STUFF!!! So, the point to all of that is, we now have a big mortgage, car payments, etc. and I cannot afford a personal trainer right now, so $20 at Sam's club for the Your shape game was just what I needed. So, I did it yesterday, so far so good, I would like to do more strength stuff, yesterday I was only able to do the cardio, you can't really pick and choose with the game unfortunately. I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill, and then 15 minutes of the game. My butt is sore today, that has to be a good thing. So, I think the treadmill is good for me daily, but I need to do the strength stuff, at least 3 times per week. That is the plan.

Today's exercise:

30 minutes treadmill
15 minutes Your shape on Wii

Today's menu:

Big breakfast- 3 egg omelette with brocolli, 2 TBsp. shredded cheddar, 2 TJ's chicken breakfast sausage links, 2 coffees, 4 tbsp. H & H and 4 TBsp. SF syrup (458 calories, 6 carbs)

L- tuna with mayo ( 1 can, with 4 tbsp. mayo) (480 calories, 0 carbs)

D- Cheri's southwest taco soup (12 carbs, 544 calories)

Totals for today: 1,482 calories, 18 carbs

Last edited by jessreadytolose; 01-22-2011 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: calorie, carb total
Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

1/23/11

1/23/11

Didn't weigh in today, beginning weekly weigh-ins, Thursday mornings

Today's menu:

B- medium DD Iced FV with cream, I added 2 Stevia in the raw packets to it. 2 microwaved scrambled eggs, with 1/2 tbsp. butter (I was in a hurry, but it was actually quite good, I'll keep that in mind on my busier days)

L- 3 cups romaine, cucumber, grape tomato salad with my homemade blue cheese dressing ( full fat sour cream and gorgonzola crumbles), 1 turkey burger, bunless with 2 slices cheddar and a few slices avacado, one squirt of RS Heinz ketchup, and a medium diet coke from KFC, (I was a good girl and packed my lunch but "treated" myself to a diet coke while my family ate fries and fried chicken, GRRRR!)
Sidenote: This, above is started to irk me a lot on the weekends!!!! I get very grouchy and resentful. We seem to be out and about a lot during lunch, and I always plan ahead for me, but then I have to watch everyone else order junk from the drive-thru and eat it in front of me, not fair!!

D- Roasted chicken breasts, bone-in, with olive oil spray and rotisserie chicken seasoning on them, salad with blue cheese

Totals: 1397 calories, 27 carbs

My new game plan is to exercise 45 minutes per day, keep my calories around 1500 and my carbs under 30.

Total exercise:

15 minutes treadmill (3 speed, 10 incline)
30 minutes of Your shape on Wii
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I like the enthusiasm!

Big fonts are for serious. :-)

Keep it up and make sure to drink water!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Charlie, I really appreciate your support! I am going to attempt to make the time to check out your journal tomorrow, today is no good, hubby is home, one kid home sick, and the two others running wild today, its like a circus here! Have a great day!!!
Jess
Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Today's exercise: 30 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes strength training (your shape, Wii)

Today's menu:

B- 3 eggs, 2 breakfast chicken sausage links, 1/2 tbsp. butter

L- 1 scoop chicken salad with mayo, (my little food snatcher 3 year old wanted a 'bite' and preceded to eat the majority of the bowl )

D- 1.5 (6 oz.) tuna steak, broiled and topped with 1 tbsp. butter, greek salad

S- cocoa roast almonds(100 cal. pack) or a cheese stick

Totals: 1,426 cals, 15 carbs
Old 01-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu:

B- 1 coffee w/ H & H and SF syrup, 3 eggs, 2 chicken breakfast sausage links

L- small DD iced coffee with cream, added my own packet of stevia in the raw,
Jennie-O turkey burger, 1 slice swiss, dab of mayo and 1 tsp. RS Heinz ketchup

D- 1 cup Dreamfields, homemade chicken parmesan (no breading)

********* totals: 1400 calories, 25 carbs

Today's exercise:: 30 minutes treadmill (330 calories) No Jenny on the Wii today, I could barely walk down the stairs today, MEGA sore muscles, letting them rest just for today!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessreadytolose View Post
Today's exercise:: 30 minutes treadmill (330 calories) No Jenny on the Wii today, I could barely walk down the stairs today, MEGA sore muscles, letting them rest just for today!
Good to let your muscles recuperate :-)

and on the chicken parm... I have heard of people dredging it through almond meal/flour instead of breading. I haven't tried it myself, but might next time I want to do something close to breaded.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Good to let your muscles recuperate :-)

and on the chicken parm... I have heard of people dredging it through almond meal/flour instead of breading. I haven't tried it myself, but might next time I want to do something close to breaded.
Thanks Charlie, I do actually have some almond flour (picked it up cheap at Trader Joe's, its in my fridge), I may try it. Have a great day!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kode
Sounds like you are doing fabulous! Its nice to know that we are all going through these things together!
kode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kode View Post
Sounds like you are doing fabulous! Its nice to know that we are all going through these things together!
OH. MY. GOODNESS, just let me say, I have been at this since September 2010, I think I may have just got it, its hard!!!
I think I may have hit my stride though, no more tweaking! I think for me, the daily exercise is mandatory, the reasonable amount of calories are mandatory (1,500) and keeping my carbs under 30. No hunger, it works for me! Thanks for stopping by to say Hi!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Hooray!! Feeling great!!

Yikes, Was I ever a Grouch this morning???? My poor little children!!! Well, my oldest DD, 6.5 years old has been sick since Sunday evening, there was no school on Friday, so I have had all 3 of my kids home all day for now 6 days and I am going BONKERS!!!! I am a MAJOR routine kind of girl, I don't do well with this "free for all" type of lifestyle,I like having a daily plan and sticking to it! We have all just stayed home now for 6 days, no activities, just all of us here, kids running wild, I have had enough!!!!
OK, Got that out of my system! Hopefully my little pumpkin will feel better soon and this virus (took her to the doc yesterday, says it's only a virus) won't spread like wildfire through my whole household. That is all I need! Ugh!

Ok, on to the matter at hand, I feel so great right now physically, I am very excited to weigh in tomorrow morning. I am finally feeling this appetite suppression that I have been hearing about for months, it's glorious!!! I am finally listening to my body, and NOT EATING IF I AM NOT HUNGRY!!! What a concept!!

Today's menu:

B- 2 cups coffee with H & H and SF syrup, 2 slices bacon ( I just was NOT HUNGRY for more, it's amazing!!!!) 48 oz. water, then 45 minutes of Your shape on the Wii, I feel great!!!!

L- leftover chicken parmesan from dinner last night (breaded with almond flour),

More water, total of 120 oz. for today

D- small salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, bunless turkey burger with Franks hot sauce, slice of cheddar, and more blue cheese dressing on top

********* totals: 1,304 calories, 20 carbs

Today's exercise: 45 minutes toning on Wii Your shape, and really considering doing at least 15 minute light jog on treadmill at naptime, I have so much energy!!!