Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KrystaLyn
Stats: 173.0/164.0/135 (pre-preg 162/135)
Start Date: Post-pregnancy start: 03/02/2011
This is the Year for ME! KrystaLyn's 2011 Journal

Ok, so after spending most of the past 2 years pregnant, I am now the busy (crazy, hectic, stressed-out) mom of 3 kids ages 2 and under! Needless to say, I have NOT been focusing on myself or my needs. But, at the same time, I am unhappy with myself, and want to do something to change things!

Here is a little history. Some of you may remember when I was very active on here before. I started in January of 2007 and lost 25-ish lbs, if I remember correctly. I managed to maintain that for almost a year before I got pregnant the first time in November 07. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I was about 138 lbs when I got pregnant, but had put on a few lbs. from the pregnancy that I didnt get rid of before getting pregnant with my twins 6 months later. I was 149 when I got pregnant with them in May of 08.

After I gave birth to my twins, life was VERY stressful. My twins were born at 28 weeks, and one spent 5 weeks in the NICU, and the other spent 10 weeks in. My husband also deployed for a year to Iraq less than a month after they were born. So the first year with my twins was really just me trying to survive being a "single" mother of twin infants. I lost quite a bit of the pregnancy weight, but gained it back due to stress eating.

In September of 09, I decided to start exercising. My best friend is a trainer, so I started training with her twice a week. While that helped with my energy levels, I didn't really lose any weight with it, because I was still not incorperating a diet into the equation. So finally, last January, a little over a year after my boys were born, I decided it was time to get serious and start induction again.

I started Induction last January at 170 lbs. (My top weight when I was pregnant with the twins, at least as of 2 weeks before I gave birth, was 172lbs.) So, obviously, I spent all of 2009, as heavy as I was when I was pregnant with TWINS. Ugh.

Anyway, I started Induction in January of 09 and lost 8 lbs. before I found out I was pregnant AGAIN. So, with my new son, I started out at 162. I gained exactly 30 pounds with him, and lost 22 VERY quickly. But here I sit, again, at 170 lbs. And it is obviously not going to go away without some effort. Ugh.

I am ready to do this. Not really, but I know that if I stick with it, and see some losses, the motivation WILL come. I have done this before, so I know what is possible. I just don't know if my post-baby body will react the same way as my pre-baby body. Also, I am on the Pill now, and my experience with that in the past has not been the greatest. So, I am kindof scared that I WON'T see the losses as quick as before, and then I will get frustrated and quit. Last time, I had a lot of support from my family, who I was staying with while my hubs was deployed. We were all on it (By "all" I mean mom, dad and sister) so we helped motivate each other. I also had a lot of great friends on this site, who are no longer here. So that is another reason I am scared. But, I am still going for it. I have to keep the goal in mind. I DO know how great it feels when you start seeing progress!

So I am going to start. I can't say I know how well I will do, but I am going to try! I will try to take a picture today, so I can post progress pics. I will also post menus like I did last time.

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 01-04-2011 at 07:54 AM..
KrystaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Love ya honey! Congrats on your new son

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipoo
Stats: 192/176.5/142
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 2012
Welcome back Krystalyn! I always lurked on your previous journal. So glad to see you again!
shipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Hi,

Just checking in on the busy Mommy

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote