LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Bejewelme's Journey to Skinny Bride

Well girls it is a new year and time to meet some health and fitness goals! This board has been a real lifesaver for me, some of you suggested I start a journal, so here goes!

Let's see where to start, I have been fat my whole life I guess around when I was 7 my Grandfather died and my Mom married, I lived with mom and my gram and grandfather it was really traumatic moving and my Grandfather passing and I guess it was then that the pounds started piling on. I am 5'10 so everyone used to say I was big boned, large framed etc, by the time I was 16 I was offered modeling jobs, I was always too fat but did plus size modeling for local department stores and magazines. I was 215 when I graduated HS, and 265 after 4 years of college.

I moved to CA in 1990 at the height of the low fat craze and got fatter and fatter the more carbs I ate and the less fat I ate. First marriage fell apart in CA so moved back home to PA, met 2nd husband who is the father of my wonderful son! He was fat too. I probably weighed around 295 when we got married in 1999, my son was born in 2000. By 2003 I was going to get my tubes tied, I went for the pre- op visit and I was too fat for the scale over 350 pounds, I decided not to have the surgery since they wanted to take me to the truck scales out back, I said forget it! I was miserable in my marriage, I was getting so fat that even size 28's were not fitting me, I had to start ordering 30/32 from catalogs, my weight made me even more miserable.

In 2005 friends of ours were losing a ton of weight doing Atkins! I was like I don;t know fat is bad, blah blah, but they lost so much weight that me and the ex decided to try it. In 9 months I lost 70 pounds, I got down to 280. From 2005 til Sept 2010 I dabbled in low carb and would go up and down between 280-315, I knew i had to get serious again, but I just wasn't able to stick with it and gained and lost 20-25 pounds all the time.

So 9/27/10 my son's 10th B-day I recommitted and found this site, praise God! I started then at 300.5, this morning I was 263. I finally was able to break that 280 mark and be lower than I have been since college. All due to the support, tips, recipes, encouragement, butt kicking, etc from others on this site!

So you know I am 42, and wasted my 20's and 30's being fat and miserable. I have one son, Robert who is 10. He is my gem, such a good boy, here he is

I am now engaged to a wonderful man, who accepts and loves me the way I am, I spent a great deal of time working on me and what I wanted after divorce #2, and finally feel like I found the right man, not just a man that was good enough because that was all I deserved, but one who is a true partner! His name is Tony and we are getting married in Oct at Valley of Fire State Park outside of Vegas. He moved in with us in Sept and he has a 10 year old daughter Autumn.
Here he is:

He is 49 and 6'4 and skinny never had a weight problem, he is incredibly supportive of me treading in water he is unfamiliar with.

I work in electrical lighting, I sell lighting to industrial companies that is more energy saving, it sucks, but hey it pays the bills and I have a great boss.

So my plan this year is to get off 70 more pounds in 9 months before our wedding in Oct. For wedding # 3, I would like to finally look beautiful and have the last one be in a sexy gown marrying the man I really love and all these weight issues behind me!

Here is me last night at 263 wearing a size 18 dress, I cant even remember buying 18's it must have been in my junior year of college.

The thing I struggle with is an occasional LC treat, sugar free candy, and exercise, I am getting really flabby since I am allergic to anything that might make me sweat, LOL So my goals this year is to develop a love for exercise and get this old saggy bod firmed up. Let's face it for maintenance exercise is going to be important! I also tend to get lax on the vitamins. I also get a feeling of deprivation, made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc, thought I would eat over Christmas, 3 days off plan, I gained 13 pounds, thankfully 10 came off last week, but Oh my, that taught me a lesson about carb bloat!

I am going to scour for a pic of me at my heaviest, there are not many! But I will look

Hopefully others will identify with something I wrote here and chime in for support or give advice. I am going to post my daily food and exercise in here, and I weigh once a week on Fridays.

So feel free to chime in!

Jan 1, 2011
Started off well, I was the driver last night so not hungover just tired from being up til 2:00 am. It was unseasonably warm so Tony suggested a hike at a local park, this involves crossing a fast running steam over a tension wire, I didn't think I could do it, but I did, that man could talk me into anything, I got back off that thing 3 times, and he said Amber you can do this one step at a time! The walk was hard over residual ice, rocks, snow, etc, but we walked for over 2 hours, so that was a lot of exercise for me! Tomorrow I am going to check out 2 gyms near me and commit to joining one of them.
Meals& Snacks-I am a coffee head and drink probably 6 cups a day with half and half and EZSWEETZ liquid Splenda, I try to stick to around 20-25 carbs so I allow 6 for the half and half! I drink a gallon of water a day, I think that is really important! Water flushes the fat!

B- Atkins shake
L- beef stick and piece of cheddar
D- pork and saurkraut

Amber

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-01-2011 at 07:00 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
Amber hun, You know I you and I'm not gonna put a boot in your butt cause you don't need one yet this year. But I just wanted to make sure you knew that on the Atkins site it says to use the bars and shakes as a snack or in addition to a meal, not as a meal replacement. It's ok to do that once in awhile in my opinion, as I've done that when in a hurry and no other real options. But I don't want you to end up like I did and stall from not eating enough food from doing that for too long. You're gonna be one very sexy bride!
I've lost 249 lbs, lowered my body fat by 36% and lowered my resting heart rate from 110 to 65 beats per minute. I was told that I'd never be able to go to the gym again after an auto accident. I've been back at the gym since Sept. 2009 and completed my first official 5k on 9/25/10. I have PCOS and recently stopped eating Soy.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glenda1962
WOE: Low Carb
I LOVE IT AMBER!!!!!!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hi Amber! YAY! I like reading more about you. Your son is super adorable, and Tony-- hubba hubba! Your pictures are just beautiful and the headway you've made on this journey is fantastic. I am so excited for you and I'll be digitally right here by your side as you make your way to the altar-- shrinking all the way!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #5

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Amber!! I found you!!!!! I love the pic of your sonny boy...how handsome is he..so is Tony!!! Your going to be a beautiful bride....I can't add to your weight loss.. cause your always helping me.. but I hope by your wedding, you where you want to be!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Read your journal and truly inspired. I know that you can accomplish all that you set out to do.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #7

Thank you girls without you I wouldn't be this far! You all know what a talker I am so I was hoping I wouldn't be talking to the wall, LOL!

Well I got a mountain of laundry going and I have to go get ready to check out these gyms, I really dont want too,but I have to, so I best get moving, I am praying one of them has some confined area for women, cause the thought of getting fixed to go tot he gym is not appealing, of course who cares really at least they cant say I am not trying so gotta get over the fatness factor and just do it!

Will let ya know how I make out!

Amber
Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Reva72
Stats: Morbidly Obese
WOE: Weight Watchers plus
Start Date: 3/9/14
Amber we are all here to support you. I applaud you for getting a journal started. It truly will help you stay accountable. I know it has for me. You can do this. I will be here cheering you on every step of the way.

Congrats on getting married!
You look beautiful in your dress and you have a handsome son.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Amber, I love your new journal. I will be following your journey. I wish you the best of luck
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #10

Thanks guys, yeah my son is gorgeous, and he is just so sweet, he is so innocent, sometimes I just want to keep him little but he is getting so big, and so smart! of all things in life I screwed up, he is the one thing I am most proud of!

Well I am broken out in hives from visiting 2 gyms, LOL The smell was horrifying, LOL So the first one was Golds they have a small ladies area not a lot of stuff, a pool that is wide open to the whole freaking gym, there were a lot of hard core muscle people there, they have no enrollment fee and $29/month personal trainers are $45 hour. It is further from my house. So next one is called World Gym, not as glitzy butI immediately felt better there, the young meat head taking me around was so nice! They have a $25 enrollment fee and then $29 month and it included unlimited tanning, no seperate ladies area but it didnt seem so intense there. And they include personal training, if you want a trainer 3 times a week its included, I think that is a big plus, the day care is free if I happen to drag my son along, and you can take a guest on Sundays so Tony could go with me on Sundays when we don't have the kids! So he was so nice he said I know this is hard for you if you have not been used to being a member of a gym,so he gave me one month free to come and see how I like it, so Tuesday night i have my first appointment with the trainer and she will give me a program!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good choice, Amber! Way to go! Now you just need to make it second nature to get your butt over there and do it on a regular schedule!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good Job Amber!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Amber I love your journal and boy after reading it, it sure shows you have come a long way. And very determind. Your going to get there for sure. What a handsome son you have, he's sure to be proud of his Mom. And a big congrats on starting to go to the gym.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG Amber, we have a World gym here to. I don't know much about it. We have a Curve here and another one just for women and also a Nautilus that is for men and women. I stay at home and use my treadmill lol It's alot less money
Old 01-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hi Amber! Great journal! You're making great progress!!! Keep it up! From one PA girl to another....
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hifromdeb
Stats: Scared to weigh / 150 - 5'6"
WOE: Atkins / LC
Start Date: Nov 16, 2010 - re-start Sept 2, 2011
Amber, I love your journal! You have already come so far and your commitment to keep moving forward is really inspiring. WTG!

I think you're making a great choice with the gym that has free personal trainers. Having someone there expecting you will make sure you show up. It's just too hard after a long day at work to get excited about going to the gym without the accountability! I like hiking too. Mu hubby and I do hour or longer hikes almost every weekend, and that's great exercise. I think it's good to mix it up and get some weight training in too. I know you've been doing the shred video with me! The gym and a real trainer will be even better and get great results.

Looking forward to following your journey!

Deb

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #17

Yeah I had to take that step and do it, even this morning I was like well we dont have to go, LOL I told Tony he has to push my butt out the door to go, I cant say not tonight, I think 3 times a week is a realistic goal and then we can take walks or do the Shred videos or Just Dance the other nights. Getting there 3 night a week will be huge for me and should make a huge difference in my body. THey have some new machines you get a special card and it tells you what to do, like you ride hard 3 minutes, then you go on the next one and it gives you prompts like you are not keeping up, or that's it you got it, pretty cool, I might like them, the abs room looks scary, LOO
Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi Amber!! Beautiful beautiful woman and from reading your story it is so clear you are BLOSSOMING in your life! What a handsome son! You and Tony look so cute and happy together! Congrats on your gym membership! Full steam ahead in 2011!

I look forward to getting to know you better and sharing your journey. Thanks for being so open and honest about your life and your weight loss journey.

DG
Old 01-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #19

DG- thank you, I am glad you like it! I am pretty much an open book, sometimes I wish I would learn to tone it down a notch, LOL

So went to the gym, bunch more chores, back to work tomorrow after 11 glorious days! We have a special New Year's Millionaire raffle here, only 500,000 tickets sold, 4 people win $1 million I am afraid to look cause then I will have to stop spending that in my head, but I guess I better check, because if I did win, I am getting a limo, dropping my computer and phone at work and getting a big house, LOL

B- shake
L- Quesadilla on 3 net carb tortilla with cheddar
S- sunflower, pumpkin seeds and almonds with chcoperfection SF chips, for the Eagles game, they lost!
D- Left over pork and saurkraut, I am sick of it now, but we have so much pork left might try enchiladas tomorrow night with them.

Big meteor shower tomorrow night, over 120 shooting stars per hour, starts at 8 pm eastern time so we are going to go up on am mountain and see if we can take the tripod and get pics, my son is into space stuff.

Well going to check my ticket, if you hear screaming you know I won! LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #20

Ok I looked all day for old pictures there were not many and here is why, this was me at over 350, ughghghg I am glad I pulled it out though it is a good reminder of how far I have come and how much further I can go!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber you don't even look like that picture. I would never have guessed that was you. You have come along way doll and your looking great. Keep it up!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #22

Thanks laura, it was good to see it, sometimes its easy to forget how bad it was and how much can be done with just sticking to it!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, good to see another New Englander on here. A few of us are going to try to meet up in the Nashua area, but had to wait until holidays were over. Look for the thread in Local Low Carb if you want to.

Doggygirl, love the beagle!

Amber! OMG girl!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting that. I'll put that side by side for you with a current pic if you'd like. Anytime you feel like going for something bad just look at that picture!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW! Amber I am so proud of you, you are ALREADY A SUCCESS STORY! Look at you now! What a huge improvement! All your hard work and devotion are showing! Can't wait to see what you're going to look like in October!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Oh what the heck I'm not gonna wait for permission, Amber 's me she won't care if I put her pictures together for her! LOL

HERE'S ONE HOT MOMMA!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes CJ she is, you can really tell with them side by side. WTG Amber, you look amazing!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #27

Cj:
You did great girl! Can you email me that all cropped together? I will send you my email! Yeah I cant get done looking at it, I want to show Bobby!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice work, CJ! I love seeing the side-by-side. (I'm a big fan, by the way! You are very inspirational to me.)
Old 01-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #30

CJ- thank you!!! it was so nice to talk to you too! It was so funny I was like Tony look what CJ did with the pic, and she called, LOL

I gotta get to bed, 5:00 tomorrow and I didnt win the lottery! LOO
Closed Thread