YEAH, AMBER!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #122
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yay 14lbs gone and VWT no less!!!!!! :walking: That is fantastic lady!!!!! Already your hard work and dedication are paying dividends. No more GHD for you my friend!!!!

Your jewelry sounds beautiful! What talented amazing women I am blessed to have as friends. Each of you are so uniquely dynamic and creative!!!! Wowza!

I'm sorry you've had a sucky week. These are the days our parents warned us about, right? Your son just cracks me up. Out of the mouths of babes! Amenities! *snort*

German sausage and sauerkraut! Yummy! That's what we woulda had last night if we hadn't gone out. Gosh I love that stuff! We will end up having it tonight though. This is supposed to now be a MD or a DD for me since yesterday turned into a full-fledged baccanalia (sp?). More details in my journal. But I'm saying to hell with it for today (within lc reason) but just not doing the JUDDD rotation today cuz I have so few days with Denny cuz he's always working and Saturdays are usually our date day/nite so it's usually an UD.

Well have a great day sweetie!!! and I will be in tomorrow to check on ya!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
So girls drove thru the snow and made it to the gym this morning, much to Tony and Bobby's surprise day 3 I still like it, LOL

Then the whole realtor thing, basically she is price listing my house for $15,000 less than I wanted but with homes dropping so bad, it is what it is. If I get within $10,000 below the asking price, it will be enough to get one of the houses in our price range, which will be a whole lot more house where values should then go up. We were in houses that 5 years ago were over $400,000 and now are $250,000 all those closets, granite kitchens, I was drooling, one was terrible a great deal but I cant crack Tony fast enough to fix all that would require, I dont think I could move into a fixer upper! LOL

So I now have my short ribs braising, I am all talked out, we are suppose to make some cabs tonight so I will post them for ya!

Amber
Old 01-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisa Darby
Stats: 159.6/141.2/140 5'-2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Starting anew, 1/3/11
Amber - good for you for going to gym AGAIN! Good luck on the sale of your house. I forgot to tell you I love George Stella - he use to have a low carb show on Food Network. Do you know if he still does? I have one of his cookbooks - do you like this new one? Should I buy it?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #125

Lisa I am not sure which one is the new one, I just got Good Carb Family cookbook, and I have cooking Stella style, I like them both, I just love him, I never saw his show but when I go on Food Network he never comes up on the schedule, maybe they canned him after the low carb craze faded. It was cheap on Amazon, so I would get it. I love to cook so while I may not follow a recipe exactly it gives me ideas I never thought of.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #126

Well here is the menu today
B- shake then went to gym burned over half of it just on the treadmill! Yippee I always think it should say you burned like 800 calories! LOL

I was starving, they have a big protein bar but all the drinks are too high in carbs, so we were leaving to look at house, so I took a cup of carb countdown, a scoop of vanilla Designer whey, a splash of heavy cream, some ice and half a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa and put in in a travel mug and shook it, took that to go meet the realtor, it was pretty good but a little clumpy I need to use the blender and mine is about shot.

Dinner- braised short ribs these were sort of fatty and tough so I made some more kielbasa and a big toss salad, that was good.

So the gym has some diet program I was looking at the food, the soups are 3 carbs and they have drinks like crystal light but they all have 15-23 grams of protein so I got a few to try the bars and shakes are too high in carbs. I miss good soups so I have high hopes, I can add water at work from the cooler and have a good lunch. The Campbells ready to eat tomato soup I love has like 60 carbs OMG, I almost died when I looked at that! No wonder I got so fat eating that and a sleeve of saltines, LOL

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-08-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Amber - I have George Stella's Livin Low Carb. I think that was the name of his show on Food Network too. It was a good show - I used to tape it. If I ever see it again, I'll post it here. Its funny, I haven't used this cook book in a while and I pulled it out to see the name and I have a bunch of sticky notes on pages. I need to go read through it again. I love cook books - I rarely follow the recipe exactly, but like you, it gives me good ideas. Do you have any Dana Carpender cook books? I like hers too. She has SO many of them though.

So where do you get this Designe Whey? I'll have to look that up. Trevor has a tournament tomorrow and we have to be there at 7:15 am. UGH!!! I need to pack my food so I don't eat the snack bar food. I'd like to bring a shake for the morning.

Another question....I saw a recipe on here for the flax muffins in the coffee cup. I can't remember, but did someone say that they may not be good for us to eat? I made it and it was AWESOME!!! But for some reason, I'm thinking in my reading that there were posts that they may not be good for us to eat. I have made them twice...both days I didn't lose any weight. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. Maybe I should stay away from them.? I was thinking it would be perfect to make for tomorrow morning and take to the field with me. Do you have any insight?

Last edited by Lisa Darby; 01-08-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
So proud of you, Amber! So happy you love your gym! Isn't there a low carb tomato soup you can have? You can make cheese crackers, and trust me, you will never miss saltines again. So much better with soup!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #129

Lisa- I ordered the protein powder designer whey on Netrition, but I think most health food stores might sell it too. The flax muffins make some people stall, I cant eat them too often or it slows weight loss, but they are delicious! So eat sparingly I guess is my opinion.
Yeah I have a bunch of Dana Carpenter's books too, she also has good ideas and non complicated ingredients, I refuse to cook 2 meals, so I have to find something for the carb kings too that they will eat,

Angela- I am hoping I like this 3 carb soup I got at the gym, I love soups and no one here is a big soup eater so I was excited to find these I tried the flax crakers they were nasty my favorite is to just melt cheese on parchment in the microwave until crispy, what do you make?

Ok girls big game day my Eagles are in the playoffs today, yesterday the Saints got beat by the Seahawks, I hope I am not crying today! I got Quicken and am trying to figure that out, I told Tony with buying a new house I want to have a good handle on the expenses, I am bad with shopping so I am going to need to curb that a bit! LOL

Getting jacked on coffee then off to the gym this morning!

Have fun all!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hifromdeb
Stats: Scared to weigh / 150 - 5'6"
WOE: Atkins / LC
Start Date: Nov 16, 2010 - re-start Sept 2, 2011
Amber, you are doing so great with your gym workouts and eating right. This week is going to be amazing for weigh in! The 40's are just around the corner! I wish I could find some LC soups too. They would be great for work. Let me know if the gym ones are any good, and maybe I can order them on-line. I might try to make some cream of broccoli soup today from one of Linda Sue's recipes. Need some more HWC!

I have never heard of George Stella but I'm going to take a look on-line right now. I would love a LC cooking show on TV - always looking for new ideas! Designer whey and flax seed muffins all sound good too. I need a little more fiber to regulate the bathroom side of LC eating LOL :-)

Lisa, I made the Cheddar Biscuits (not Cheddar Bay) from Linda Sue's site, and made them as muffins instead of regular biscuits so you get double the amount in the recipe (12 muffins, with about . I used Almond Flour instead of Coconut because that's all I had, and added a little parmesan (from the can). I also used a 1/2 cup egg beaters instead of two of the eggs to keep the fat and cals down just a little (they are really dense!). They came out awesome, and are now my fave on the run breakfast. I keep them in a little baggie in the fridge and then cut them in half and toast them up in the morning and put a scrape of butter on them when they are hot. MMMMMM! If I'm really hungry I eat two and it comes out to about 350 cals and 2 net carbs. I just can't stomach straight eggs everyday, and don't have time for the prep either. I am making more yummy breakfast muffins today!

Feeling LIGHT today (awesome feeling...it's been a while!) and yesterday realized I could fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a year or more. Also realized I didn't even like them anymore, so can't wait to go shopping for new jeans (and everything else!) once I lose another 10 - 15 lbs!

Amber, I will be grinning from ear to ear the day you post your picture in your wedding dress. Whatever size it ends up being, you will be such a beautiful, glowing bride!

Have a great Sunday!

Deb

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #131

Deb- you are so sweet, thank you! I am so excited you are feeling good and could fit into those jeans! If these are good I will let you know I can get them and send them off they are just little envelopes so no worries. I love soup for lunch and like I said no one in the fam are big soup eaters, so I have high hopes for this tomorrow! The soups/drinks were $30 for 13 of them a little pricey but I am hoping that the protein in them keeps me full.

Amber
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Just wanted to pop in quick and say Hi and on your progress at the gym!!! I will for the Eagles today since you are rooting for them and the Bears are kicked back on their sofas.

DG
Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #133

Hi Doggy, thanks the Eagles need a big prayer today!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #134

Eagles lost I am so depressed,,,,,,,,,,,,, ugghghghg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Meals:
Brunch- 2 eggs and bacon
Dinner- country ribs grilled with a rub and asparagus,
Eagles Game- LC Beer and SF candy I was stressed, LOL And now my stomach is churning

Ok, so went to gym got that out of the way!

THen we went and met with a builder at this new home site, OMG the view is unbelivable this huge walk in closet that could be a bedroom, I want this house, it is pricey and the taxes are a killer, but if my house sells at the asking price we could swing it, so here is what is bothering me.

I signed a prenup with my ex and got nothing, and had to start over, now all the equity in my house which is like $50,000 will be going in the new house Tony has no down money, do you think I should get a prenup and agreement about the house? Like if something happens and I need to start over again I don't want to be 50 and totally screwed again, did it at 28 and 38, LOL What do you think, and how should I bring this up? I hate this I got used to relying on myself and now being dependent again is scary!

So I need your words of wisdom on this ladies!

I am going to jump off a bridge in Philly, damn Eagles!

Amber

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-09-2011 at 06:03 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hugs, Amber. My advice is to just be completely honest with Tony and tell him all this stuff you just told us. Tell him all your fears and concerns and history and see what he has to say. You trust this man-- it's not like you're some young naive chippie anymore. Communication is key!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #136

Angela- hell I am almost Liz Taylor I could write a book on marriage, divorce and starting over and over and over, LOL
Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
I'm gong to learn to make faboulous cabbage if it kills me!!! I has some at a carribean restaurant yesterday that I would drive the 40 minutes to go back to get..LOL Yellow and red peppers onions....delightful. So much bad stuff at the Amish Market...good job not buying sugary treats!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Oh Amber...man that is a tough one. I agree with Angela - you just need to be honest with Tony, tell him everything you feel, like you just told us. See what he says. But most of all, you need to listen to your heart. You have you and your son to think about now (is he from first or second hubby, I can't remember). You know Tony is a good man. Does he have a good job now, does he contribute now? Will he be contributing to the new house in the long run? Can you qualify to put the house in your name, or do you need his income/credit as well? You need to weigh your options. If you can do it on your own, then maybe you shoud. But if you need his income to qualify, then he has to be on the loan too, so where would the pre-nup fall into place then? With todays market, and the unknown for future market, you could have a pre-nup and be screwed anyway if something happened and your marriage disolved. With the way or government is the future is so iffy right now.

Good luck with this decision. This is definately a difficult one.

Martini - can you get the recipe, or recreate it? My family loves cabbage so it would be great to make a new recipe.

Last edited by Lisa Darby; 01-09-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Amber, no advice on the prenup stuff but some . The ladies have given some good advice I think. You will know what the right thing to do is.

Woo you're turning into a regular gym rat. Well done! Those soups sound nice - spendy little buggers though!!

The real estate stuff sounds fun and scary at the same time. Must be fun to look at all those underpriced awesome homes and actually be in reach of one.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #140

Well Lisa you are right that is my concern I must think of Bobby and such, I will talk to TOny tonight, girls I lost 3 pounds over the weekend, the scale said 256 this morning, I could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!! Who knew exercise helps you lose weight, LOL!

Monday and back to the office, ughghghghgg

Amber
Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hifromdeb
Stats: Scared to weigh / 150 - 5'6"
WOE: Atkins / LC
Start Date: Nov 16, 2010 - re-start Sept 2, 2011
Amber - I can echo what everyone else has said about the tough pre-nup decision you have ahead of you. Trust and communication is key. I am sure once you lay all this out, Tony will want to put something in place to make sure you know how much he loves you and doesn't want you to be nervous about the future in any way. When my hubby and I got together, he had many more assets than I did (bigger house, higher salary, much bigger 401K etc), and we talked about a pre-nup. Because there were no kids involved we ended up not doing it, figuring that after five years we would come out about even. Since we got married the property I owned appreciated and we sold it for a $75K+ profit, and his house tanked and we took a $50K loss. I also got a bunch of promotions and now earn 30% more than he does. Go figure!!! You can never predict the future.

It took us about 4-5 years together (from start of relationship) to completely co-mingle finances. Now 8 years later, we only have one bank account, the new house is in both our names, and it never even crosses my mind that anything is "mine", just "ours". It took a while to get to that point though! I would say buying the house together was a big step that helped with this, but it was 6 years into the relationship.

Co-mingling finances is (in my opinion!) one of the biggest steps in a relationship. My hubby and I almost always see eye to eye on things, but he is a spender and I am a coupon cutter and hoarder LOL so this was always an issue! Some of the biggest arguments we had about finances came from when I was talking about "my" equity and getting upset about "his" spending. We fixed a lot of this by starting an annual budget that we both put together and track each month. Lots of compromising and communicating, but it holds him more accountable for spending and gives me the peace of mind that we will end the year ahead and not just spend to the top of our income.

I do think all these things come down to trust and time and communication. You don't grow to trust someone completely until some time has passed and your relationship has withstood some significant challenges (I am sure the length of time is different for everyone). I don't know how long you and Tony have been together, but I would say if you have any doubts (even if they have nothing to do with Tony himself!), keep the finances separate for a few more years like Lisa suggests. It's not a reflection on the strength of your relationship or how much you love each other. I always think finances should be less emotional and more practical, and that's really, really hard to do in the context of a relationship.

Last thought on this: be brutally honest with yourself. If you have a little uncomfortable feeling deep down in your gut...listen to it and deal with it! When I look back at decisions I have made that in hindsight haven't been too smart, I can always pin point where I let my emotions over-ride what really made sense and what I knew deep down to be true.

I guess I had more to say on this that I thought I did! I know you will make the right decision for you and your relationship with Tony and for your little guy and his future.

You are an amazing woman who has made it through so many challenges and you are so positive and focused on a great future! There are so many people that can learn from your approach to life Amber!

Deb
Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Reva72
Stats: Morbidly Obese
WOE: Weight Watchers plus
Start Date: 3/9/14
Sending my prayers your way. I have to agree with the other ladies. I would just be totally honest and sit down with Tony and talk to him. If your relationship is secure enough he will be fine with whatever your concerns are and you two can work something out.

OMG my friend! I am so darn proud of you on the weight loss!!!! And you was wondering what my secret was? The workouts have helped me tremendously with the weightloss over the past two weeks.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 AM   #143

Deb- thanks for sharing all of that. You know first marriage we were young and dumb and you just go with it, we split everything 50-50, then marriage 2 I stopped working to stay home with out child, I gave up earning potential etc, of course when I signed the prenup I never thought we would get divorced, and now seeing the new Mrs. in my dream house with my furniture, decor, etc kills me but I got over it. Tony knows all this, and he had the opposite, no prenup, his wife ever worked and she got 3/4 of the equity that he paid, so I think if I talk to him he will understand, but now like taking 1/2 of the others 401K etc can be detrimental going forwad especially as we are only getting older, so I think I will tell him we will figure out our divorce tonight, amd have something drawn up and then file it away and hope we never need it, I really have no fear of Tony ripping me off or anything like that, but with 2 failed marriages, I tend to be a pessimest, LOL SO we will have the talk tonight. Yeah I dont know why I feel so funny about co mingling finances and stuff, I guess I have gotten so used to it just being me, like now he pays me rent and I am using that whole amount to pay down debt, but now he also has more money to contribute to entertainment etc. I guess I have to let my guard down a bit too. We will hash it out tonight after I go to the gym, my ex is an attorney so he will draft it for me, LOL How funny is that.

Reva- thank you hun! I was shocked this morning, I am now 6 pounds from my V-day goal, and my century post!!!!!!!! With leaving for Vegas next week I gotta be really strict! I sure can't be as strict as you though, so I gotta work out, LOL I need my hits of fake choc and flax,

Amber
Old 01-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #144
the condiment queen

Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my hero! You are doing so great and the weight loss is just a reflection of your focus and concentration. You're following a plan for success. It's amazing and exciting to watch it unfold before us! The soup sounds very convenient, but just pay attention to see how it does for you - whether it stirs up hunger or stalls weight loss, etc.

Wowza 6lbs from VD Goal already?!!!! Woooooohooooo! I can't wait for the 100lb mark to help celebrate with you in your ginormous victory girl!!!!!!!!!

I too think the advice here about the prenup thing is great advice. I don't have any useful advice as I've never been in that situation and Denny brings all the cards to our table. So if we ever split I would be a "hunnert and starting over" kinda thing. I just pray we are both too old to want to start out again on our own.

I do believe you must protect your son and yourself. But I also believe that intent is a powerful partner. If you go into a relationship with both of you committed to communicating and believing there is no do-over or disolution, I think it helps you get through rough patches.

Deciding to love someone is a decision. Believe it or not. On those days you wake up and everything he does annoys the bejesus out of you, you have to choose to say, "I love you no matter what" and move on in loving forgiveness and blindered eyes. Otherwise, the contempt it allowed to take root and before you know it the contempt and bitterness leave no fertile ground for love to continue to grow and bloom in. But the other side of it is...your partner has to do the same thing for you! It's so complicated.

I know you will figure it out and that it will all work out!!!!!!!

Keep up those inspiring great habits hon!!!!!

Last edited by pooticus; 01-10-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(psssst, Pooti! I think you mean Amber.)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #146
the condiment queen

Good god I'm losing it! LOL.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #147

Hey Poot! You keep calling me Angela- Glamazon is Angela, I am Amber, LOL Too many "A" names huh?

You give good advice about the relationship stuff, one thing I am constantly amazed at is that Tony doesn't bug me, LOL Usually I get so disgusted with men, now he has his times, but for the most part he is really easy going, this was driving me nuts so I emailed him, he wrote back and said that he will do anything that will make me feel comfortable financially even the prenup, he said to write down what I want included and he will pay for half as well, so I am feeling better about that!

Tomato soup- ughghghg yick, it looked like pepto so artifical tasting, but it is keeping me full at only 80 calories, but horrible stuff! To call it soup is a stretch!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gross! Why not make your own?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #149
the condiment queen

Amber could one of you change your name please! LOL! I'm such a whack job! Please forgive me?!!! I know who I'm talking to. I just type the wrong thing and my eye still doesn't read that I've typed in the wrong name! I think it has to do with both of the names starting with A lol! What an asshat I am!

I'm so glad that Tony responded the way he did. That is very telling!!!!!! Hug him and squeeze him and call him George cuz he is a keeper!!!!! I'm so happy for you about that!!!!!

Ewww gross on the soup! LOL, maybe it will be good aversion therapy or something? When you're hungry, eat some sucky soup!!!!! It'll take the hunger right away!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pooti, Asshat also starts with A! Glad you didn't start calling one of us that!
Closed Thread