Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
OMG EVERYONE LOVES MY GPS!!! She is so clear!!! even though I call her heffa..LOL Magellan is the BEST!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisa Darby
Stats: 159.6/141.2/140 5'-2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Starting anew, 1/3/11
Tiggy...Im new here, but I must say...I can "hear" your accent while reading your post!!! I love it!!!

Amber - yuuummm - I love bread and butter pickles. I hope my WalMart has them here in San Diego. Imma go and check it out tomorrow for sure. Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
<waves hi to Lisa Darby> Welcome!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:45 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey1983
Stats: 360/350.8/150 (2 months postpartum)
WOE: Low Carb (Nursing)
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Amber! you are making me want to go back to the gym. I already have a membership but have been slacking lately.I am so proud of you! You are gonna be the most beautiful bride!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/189/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Hi Amber! I am trying to catch up on several days of news so I'm sure I missed some great stuff! Just wanted to say how FABULOUS you look. You have made such awsome progress in your transformation! I really enjoy your sense of humor too. LOL I will be thinking of you whenever I get brave enough to go for a Boob Squishing again.

So glad you enjoyed your workout with the trainer too!!!!

You inspire me.

DG
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #96
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
"craptacular day" Ok, it's official. I'm stealing this saying from Angela!!!

Oh my gosh! Amber, maybe we need to start calling you Super Nanny? Men are such asphats sometimes, right?!

MMMMMMM I'm so hungry for a burger right now. Hell I'm just hungry right now! LOL! Today is a fasting DD for me so no food for me! But your burgers sounds fab and I love em anyway I can get em - turkey, pork, beef, lamb - whatever! I'll eat em - as long as they aren't leftover. Leftover burgers =

We are rockin the new world with our stellar sticking to plan!!!!! And you exercisers are super stars!!!!!

Lisa Darby!

Ok, well have an awesome day today and will be back later to read your updates! Hope it is MUCH improved over yesterday!!!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Actually Poot I am in the office today and my job is either frantic or nothing and I am so bored I could cry it has been frantic lately! Tonight is the gym again, I am getting excited for that, I cannot believe I am saying it, but tomorrow is weigh in day so maybe I can sweat a few pounds off me. I am hungry today I forgot my lunch so had 2 string cheese sticks and a pack of almonds, that will have to hold me, when I get stressed I Can feel that urge to pick coming on, so I am trying to avoid it!

Amber
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have strength, Amber! Forgetting your lunch just sucks. Is there a nearby fast food joint you can grab a salad w/ some kind of meat on top? McDonalds isn't usually a good choice, but when you forget your lunch it is better than starving and sweating about food all day. Scrape out one of their big hamburgers on top of the salad. Really works in a pinch! (Avoid the angus burgers, though, they have MSG and will make you munchy for more!)
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #99

Angela- I try not to eat fast food but sometimes being on the road that is all that is around. I love those bunless angus burgers but again like the turkey burger last night I was starving, I got a quarter pounder one day and was fine, never knew that MSG did that. SO is that why we were always hungry after stuffing in all that chinese food? LOL

I got enough Franken Foods in my desk drawers to feed half this site, LOL I am trying to avoid it since weigh in is tomorrow, I think I will fix a little something before the gym though.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Amber - for us newbies....what is Franken Food? When you first said it, I thought it was like taboo food, high carb stuff. But then you say you have some in your desk? Is it like LC bars, that kind of thing? I like the Atkins shakes, but I don't really like the bars at all. So I buy the shakes and will use them if I'm hungy and can't cook, or in a hurry.

Have fun at the gym tonight. I'm going to do my X-Box DVD again tonight. So far I'm liking it, it has different exercises so it not supposed to get boring. It's me that gets bored. I constantly look at the clock while I'm doing it. I hope your trainer is good to you tonight.

Last edited by Lisa Darby; 01-06-2011 at 12:03 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #101

Franken foods to me are the LC products full of chemicals and stuff but that are suppose to be Low Carb. I love the shakes I drink them every morning when I get in here, and sometimes it is 1:00 until I get hungry for lunch. In my desk I have atkins bars, chocoperfection bars, SF chocolate covered almonds, Homestyle LC chili, full of sodium but delicious, that kind of thing, I have SF lifesavers and man they give me the Big D too. Me and Kristie are both on Metofrmin for insulin resistance and it is like constant "D", then add some of these malitol things and it is like OMG that is all you do, I ended up eating 1/2 of the perfection bar and another pack of almonds, the two together are delicious, those bars are so expensive, but honestly you cant taste that they are sugar free and no malitol! They are sweetened with erythitol or something like that. I am not a derilect, I cant type as fast as I talk and think and my nails are too long and I never learned the proper way to type! LOL
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #102
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Awww pobre cita!!!! Sorry you forgot your lunch! But good girl on sticking to the string cheese and almonds! Have some more almonds before your training session! I'm so happy you're excited to be going!!!!

MSG is bad mojo for me. Not only does it make me hungry as sin. But it makes my ears start ringing and I literally feel like I'm kinda crazy feeling. Like my mind is racing a million miles an hour. Then I always gain the next day! I hate it sooo much but hate the hidden stuff in foods even worse!

I know this is bad stuff and don't eat it anymore but when I was helping care for my mom while she was fighting cancer, I would pick up those grilled chicken tenders I think from Jack in the Box. You can tell they were full of chemicals and probably had corn syrup in them as well as MSG, but they tasted pretty good and were filling. I would at least feel like I didn't completely wreck myself by eating them for lunch.

Lisa - frankenfoods are processed products made to taste like food but choc full of chemicals and artificial sweeteners. You're either for em or against em here. LOL. And there is always a big debate on the subject. But I can tell you, that for emergencies, they sure can help you stay on your plan. I just don't think they are for everyday. You know? If the choice is frankefood or cheat with high carb? I choose the frankenfoods!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

OK that's what I thought about the Franken Foods. So....what is Metofrmin. Why do you use it? TMI? ha ha - is it because eating low carb makes you have a problem going to the bathroom? If so, that's me. I'm going to look it up on line.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Pooticus - yea, I agree if you need one of the Franken foods so you don't eat high carb, go for it. When I was thinner - closer to my goal weight - I would eat the crispy chicken sticks from Jack in the Box. I'd dip them in their ranch dressing. they were so good and filling. They didn't make me gain weight, but I think they probably slowed it down for sure. I will avoid them until I get to my goal this time. I do like them though and I think probably better than a hamburger and fries!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #105

No Metformin is for insulin resistance- IR-is a physiological condition where the natural hormone, insulin, becomes less effective at lowering blood sugars. The resulting increase in blood glucose may raise levels outside the normal range and cause adverse health effects. Certain cell types such as fat and muscle cells require insulin to absorb glucose. When these cells fail to respond adequately to circulating insulin, blood glucose levels rise. The liver helps regulate glucose levels by reducing its secretion of glucose in the presence of insulin. This normal reduction in the liver’s glucose production may not occur in people with insulin resistance. One of the side effects is the Big D, good sometimes,like when I first started I was so backed up, but now it is like too much the other way, I have my labs done in March, they say there is an extended release pill that takes away some of those bad side effects,but I have to think it has helped me get the weight off, the fact that I ate 3 days and gained 13 pounds tells me I am a little overly sensitive to carbs! LOL And I was still taking my medication.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(Journal Jack!) Lisa-- are you using the Kinect? I do the "Your Shape" and "Dance Central" every morning. Love it!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Yea, I went on-line and looked it up. Boy was I way off!!!! LOL - I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy so I'm supposed to get checked every year now. So far so good. But I think with the way I eat, hopefully I'll be OK and won't be at risk later in life for diabetes. Sorry for all the questions I ask. I've just never had anyone to share any LC info with and you guys are a wealth of information.

Last edited by Lisa Darby; 01-06-2011 at 01:21 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Angela - i don't have Kinect yet. I almost got it for the family for Christmas but didn't. Do you like it? Should I go ahead and get it? The one I'm doing is Yourself Fitness -it's a couple years old but I just got it. I like it so far though. It has different exercises so you don't do the same thing all the time. Also, it is a little like a game as the more you do, the more execises you open and backgrounds too.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Absolutely get the Kinect. It's so fun! Very interactive and not boring at all. Your kids will love it, too.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Blah 2 cruddy days in a row? Does that mean you're in line for a whole week of awesome? Hope the training goes/went well tonight. You're soo good not eating your drawer full of goodies for your weigh day tomorow. A stronger woman than me (but then again i don't have any franken goodies since LC isn't big here in aus).

Hiya Lisa Darby! I do have a bit of an accent and it is funny that it comes out in my typing sometimes. I suppose it is the bloody this and bloody that that gives it away heh. Don't worry about asking a billion questions. The ladies around here are lovely and helpful and very knowledgable about LC and lots of other things

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #111

Oh yeah, I will think anyone jacked a thread, we all just blabber well OK I blabber a lot! LOL

OK so my crud day had a happy ending, went to the gym, man that elleptical is a freaking killer, got soaked so felt productive, I cant believe how fast the time goes when you are people watching while exercising, LOL

So I get home and there is a box from a rock dude, he is an older guy on the rock hobby thread we belong to, he noticed I was looking for a particular stone and said he would send it, well he also included 2 pieces of Victoria Stone, you can google it but the small piece he sent will make one nice sized pendant was probably worth $150 and then another piece and a piece of fordite which you cant get anymore, it is actually the layer of overspray from the Ford paint factories now it is all computerized, again very pricey material, so all told I probably got a $250 box of rocks! Yippee, so I must get busy and make something this weekend! I will post then you all can see my hobby better, I just hate that you have to use photobucket on here!

So food tonight, I made an omelet with prosciutto and parm/reg and then went to the gym, I am a little hungry again but trying to hold out for that darn scales tomorrow morning! So I am checking out at the gym all the protein powders and potions they have a smoothie bar with Desginer Whey etc, nut they add carby things, well apparently they have like soups, puddings etc some packaged diet food, well the soup is LC, only 3 carbs so I am like OMG tomato soup, the regular campbells tomato soup I used to have for lunch had over 40 carbs!!! OMG, this has 3 so I am like oh yeah more franken food, well no one knew how much it cost! Ughgh so I couldnt get it tonight, the bars they sell are too carby like over 20 grams of carbs but that soup looks promising!

More good news, we are all smashed here in my little house well we were going tp get my debt paid down and then look for a house after the wedding, well we thought WTH we are broke might as well be broke in a bigger house so I am meeting with an agent on Saturday to list my house since sales are so slow, but my house is under 200K so they are still selling, the bugger is the big houses that were $400,000 a few years ago that we want are now in our price range like $225,000 but we cant get that without my equity from this one, but I am excited, Tony is pretty easy to manipulate about money, LOL he didnt even fight me about it, so I am stokked! I hope this darn house sells, might have to pack stuff up and make it look all neat so it will look bigger! Yeah!

Ok weigh in day tomorrow, ughgghg

Amber
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Good luck on the scale!!! Go on and eat something light....You metabolism is kicking now!!! Or go to bed...LOL Im eating pork rinds with Old bay on them...quite tasty. I'm trying so hard to stay on plan. I weig tomorrow too. I'm already up this week but I'm working for next week at this point.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't wait to see what you do with the rocks!

I'm so happy you had a great workout! GO AMBER!

Hiya Martini! Old Bay on the Pork Rinds? hhmmmm...
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hifromdeb
Stats: Scared to weigh / 150 - 5'6"
WOE: Atkins / LC
Start Date: Nov 16, 2010 - re-start Sept 2, 2011
Amber, you are doing so great with your new workout routine! I love the way the Elliptial machine makes me sweat too. Really feels like the fat is melting off! But then I do the Shred DVD and realize that the sweat doesn't make me PANT like Jillian does LOL! I think mixing it up is the key.

My hubby is a big rock fan...geology major in college. Can't wait to show him your rock pics!

I say go for it on the house front. What's the harm in trying? Interest rates are so low, and house prices are still low too. The kicker is you need to sell your house for less than you would like, but you get the deal of the century when you buy. So it kind of evens out. We just did this 18 months ago right at the bottom of the real estate crash. People thought we were NUTS at the time. But in the end we are now living in our dream house that we got as a short sale for about $200K less than it was worth. We are paying about $100 more per month with a much better mortgage rate than we had before, and our quality of life is through the roof. Worst case scenario your house doesn't sell quickly and you stay put...but no harm in trying! I used to watch HGTV every day to see how to "stage" the house, and there were some really great tips. De-clutter and fix anything that looks broken or un-finished or run down (like paint) are the first big ones and then after that it's all about neutral, contemporary decor and then like you said making the rooms look as big as possible. The good thing about selling a house in the winter in the Northeast is that no-one expects your yard to look nice!

A good friend of mine just hired a professional organizer and says it changed her life. I am really tempted. For about $200 she will come in and go through every room in your house and recommend changes that will de-clutter and help with everything from ebing bad with storing papers to organizing your hobby area to cleaning out and re-organizing your closets or kitchen cabinets. I am sure something like this would really work for home staging too!

I hope you have a better day today at work, but if not, remember it's Friday and the weekend will be here in just a few hours!!!!!!

Deb
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #115

Deb- I will have to have you add me on Facebook, then you can see the jewelry with rocks, LOL

Yeah my aunt is the master organizer, she is always like I see these people on TV making all this money, all I do is keeping organizing you girls for nothing, LOL That is awesome about your house, and you are right worse case scenario we stay put, but boy more space would be nice!

I was hoping to here from the lender by now and see what we qulaify for, even though I am poor I am so vigilant about my credit, I think Tony's is not as good so that might be a problem, freaking men, LOL The sep/divorce ruined him, he got virtually nothing, but got her off his back so that was good!

Amber
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Reva72
Stats: Morbidly Obese
WOE: Weight Watchers plus
Start Date: 3/9/14
Amber add me on facebook if you don't mind. You can find me on Caseys list I am sure.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh, me, too! How do I find you? I'd love to see your jewelry!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Me too....any of you can add me if you want. Lisa Darby - my pic here is the same as my pic on face book. Here we don't know a lot of first names or last.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #119

Ok girls long rough day! Ughghg I am so glad it is over, started out with snow and a slippery commute, but I was 259, no sign of the 60's so all 13 pounds of Christmas bloat is off plus 1, thank goodness, geez to think I lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks, tells you how much fluid. As Poot would day Ground Hog Day weight, LOL I love that!

So went to the Farmers market after work got lots of yummy produce, and meat. I determined that from any stand there is a pastry/donut/cookie stand in site, ughgh it is so tough getting through there. We had sauteed cabbage and handmade kilebasa from the German Butcher, OMG it is so good. I needed a beer so I washed it down with an utlra, LOL

Here is my facebook idea, I think like a million Amber Rice's come up. If you look in my profile pic there is an album called Cabs and one for silver work then you can see my jewelry.

Reva- I found you!

See if this works
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000211082142

So meals today:
B- shake
L- half my leftover omelet, eggs are not so good reheated, the guys had pizza I ate the pepperoni off a slice.
D- kilebasa, cabbage and beer! Can you tell I am German, LOL

So I am beat, gonna check on all my girlies and most likely go to bed, but I think my son wants a round of Just Dance, LOL My knees and shins are killing me today from the gym, ughghg I feel 90 today, I hope it starts to work its magic, now they are calling for more snow tomorrow, ughghghghgh I hate snow!

Amber
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anewbe
Stats: XLG/med-small
WOE: Atkins/LC
Start Date: 8/8/10
WoooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooo

14 LBS. GONE When you are hot, you are HOT. Congrats on reaching this mini goal Amber. Hope I can have a good number after 2 wks back from carbville!!!
Closed Thread