LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jesslynn
Stats: 5'6" 275(preg)/250/125
WOE: Modified fat fast/Atkins Induc 80%
Start Date: 12/13/2010
180 days to 195!!!

Well I'm sort of new here. I initially joined in either 2005 or 2006 (around Kimmers height of popularity I believe... what a ride that was lol). Unfortunately I didn't stay low carb, though did keep my weight somewhat manageable (with alot of yo-yo) doing a combination of 6 week body makeover, weight watchers, phentermine and plain ol' starvation.

Since that time and in the last year specifically, I got married and had a beautiful baby boy. My pregnancy high was around 280 (275 the day I delivered) which means I gained about 60 pounds. Add that to the 20 pounds of honeymoon weight that I put on the first 2 months I was married and I've got my work cut out for me. I initially lost about 30 pounds after I delivered following weight watchers, but the wine bottle got me... and then we were busy moving and eating on a maternity leave budget... I put 20 back on! :blush:

Well, time to get serious. I took some time and think and wonder why I never had success on Atkins the way I did the first time I tried it (about 9 years ago when I got down to my all time low of 145). I think I fell into the pitfall of believing that too much fat is a bad thing and ate way too much protein. Subsequently, I was always still hungry and never saw results quickly enough to want to stick with it. I'd tend to go back to starving myself, which of course never works

I restarted induction December 12th and since then have lost 13 pounds in 11 days. The first few days were pretty high calorie before I started tracking everything in the ************ app for iphone. I've now got my calories between 1400 to 1800 and fat percentage at a minimum of 65% (preferably 75% to 80%).

I just started exercising as of yesterday and am amazed at how much more energy I have and how much better I feel then I did just two weeks ago. I did my first 45 minute work out (stationary bike at about 17 mph) in over a year! This morning I was down another .4 pounds and am feeling very motivated, so time to start my journal!!

My goal is to get down to 195 by June of 2011. That's a loss for me of about 2.1 pounds per week, which is healthy and hopefully realistic. I would weigh less than I have for about the past 5 years, which I am very excited about. I have sooo many clothes I haven't worn in years that I can't wait to get into again!

I hope to post here every day... though that can get difficult with the baby, but I'll do my best. I'm also looking forward to getting to know all the wonderful people on the bulletin boards. So many of you have been an inspiration to getting me back on track and deciding to give low carb another serious shot!!!

So here's the meal low down for today:

Breakfast - Coffee with 2 tbsp HWC, 2 eggs scrambled in 2 tbsp of butter
Lunch - Diet Shasta Cola with 2 tbsp HWC, Turkey Ceaser Salad with 1/2 cup roasted turkey breast, 4 tbsp of Market Pantry Ceaser dressing (less than 1 carb/2 tbsp) over 2 cups of lettuce
Dinner - Same as lunch

That puts me at 1374 calories, 6 net carbs, and 75% calories from fat. I may also end up snacking on some backed chicken legs or pork rinds later this evening.

Exercise for today will be another 45 minutes on my bike and maybe some kind of yoga or stretching exercise dvd if I can find a good one on netflix!
jesslynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jesslynn
Stats: 5'6" 275(preg)/250/125
WOE: Modified fat fast/Atkins Induc 80%
Start Date: 12/13/2010
Well yesterday was another great day! I swapped my planned dinner for 2 baked chicken legs since me and my cousin were out all night Christmas shopping. I gave my husband his early Christmas present... an Xbox 360 Kinect (obviously this was a gift for me too, since now I get to play Dance Central lol). I played a little last night and it felt like a pretty good work out. This morning I'm down to 247.2 a loss of .8 pounds! YAY! Hope this steady weightloss keeps up for a little while longer as it's keeping me super motivated

I'll be back later to post todays meals. Hope everyone has a great day!
jesslynn is offline   Reply With Quote