Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Blonde with a Rose Meets JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/701143-blonde-rose-meets-juddd.html)

Blonde with a Rose 12-06-2010 11:19 AM

Blonde with a Rose Meets JUDDD

:welcome:

This is my journal of weight loss, triumph and success. I'm obviously in a positive mood today. Due to the fact that I'm newly post-menopausal (no period for one year) the mood could change at any moment. Because I'm feeling sooo positive, I'm going to log my journey of alternate calories, up day down day diet plan. Technically I started yesterday on an UP day :D Today I'm on my first Down day of JUDDD (Johnsons Up day down day). This means my total calories today won't exceed 500. I'll be eating this way until I lose all the weight I want to lose. I am not currently hungry but I'm definitely anxious about maybe getting hungry. I'm also a little bored which may account for the journal thingy.

B: low carb toast: 110 cals
sliced cheese 70 cals
salsa 10 cal
coffee mistake 20 cal = 210 so far.

I NEED to lose 90lbs for sure. I want to lose about a 100lbs. SO~90lbs would put me at the top of my weight variance of 125-150 (5'5"). I need to weigh 150 but I'd love to weigh 140 and I dream of weighting 125. Mini goals are in order.

I'm starting out at 240 (again). This is the same 240 I keep returning to over and over again. So what's a reasonable goal? 10lbs by my birthday in January? 20 lbs by Valentines day? I'm not sure, having had little success with losing much of anything. I'm really hoping this WOE will help me get a handle on food cravings, including too large of portions and too many of the wrong kinds of food (chips, tortilla chips, potatoes, did I say chips?) and pizza is my personal devil. Pizza kills me (literally). I want to stay in the 30 to 50 carb range on my up days. I love winter squashes and don't want to be without them but it's hard to lose weight with them on a regular plan.

Okay so here it: 10lbs by January 11:birthday:

I have committed to my first mini goal. :kicking::clap::cool::up:

pooticus 12-06-2010 11:48 AM

Hi Rose! I also JUDDD and journal and have been having really excellent success! I hope you like the plan! I too dream of weighing 125lbs! But yeah, can't let myself look too far down the road to that!

There are so many great substitutions for our high carb things! I never make real pizza any more cuz we like our fakes just fine! I also made really good homemade crackers and I'm going to be making some homemade lc corn chips soon. Maybe this Christmas!

Anyway just wanted to say hi!

Blonde with a Rose 12-07-2010 07:06 AM

Hi Pooticus! Thanks for stopping by! Yes my life would be easier if I could learn to embrace lowcarb pizza crust! I need to experiment on my up days. What kind of pizza crust do you make? Cauliflower or flax meal?

Yesterday was a success. I stuck to the 500 calories and it got easier after my husband got home. I had the same thing for lunch that a had for breakfast, then used the remainder on a few bites of lean pork loin. I drank so much tea yesterday and plenty of water! Every time I felt hungry I drank water or tea. Knowing that I could eat today made it easier to make it through.

This morning I woke up surprisingly not hungry. I've decided to delay my breakfast awhile and try to adjust to eating later in the day. I am most hungry between 11 am and 3pm, those were the hardest hours for me yesterday. Once DH got home, I was fine. I slept very well, kind of like a dead woman...no digestive disturbances in the night. The one thing that I noticed yesterday, I was colder than normal. I usually run alittle hot, and have few hot flashes during the day, I didn't have any until 6 or so last night. So I wore my hoodie and socks on my feet most of the day.

Oddly enough, because I can eat today, I'm not really thinking about food or what I'm going eat when i do eat. Weird. Yesterday I wanted a grilled chicken caesar salad from Olive Garden...that's probably what I'll have for lunch.:D

On a non dietary note...I better get to shoppin' for Christmas!!

Princessdmw33 12-07-2010 07:40 AM

:hiya: I'm stalking ya! lol

I think that 10 pounds by January 11 is a very doable goal for you. I do not think that you will have any problem reaching it. Me....well....you know how that goes.

What kind of low carb bread do you buy? Do you go to a special store to get it? I just eat Ezekiel bread which I love!

pooticus 12-07-2010 07:40 AM

Great for you on making it through your first DD!!!! :clap: :birthday: They will get easier from here! Today is a DD for me and no problems mam!

As for pizza crust, we have tried most of them but our favorites are:

NancyElle's Thin Crust Pizza
KevinPA - Polly Want a Cheese Cracker Crust Pizza
Cleochatra's Cauliflower or Zucchini Pizzas

We like think crust cracker type crust pizzas here. I do miss Neopolitan style pizza and I will still eat that once in a while, but we've tried several places and I make the best Neopolitan crust short of Brooklyn or Arizona. LOL. But if I'm gonna make something here, I might as well stay LC and keep walking our path!

You are doing great! Have you had your thyroid checked before? Being cold can be a symptom of that. BTW, I'm post hysterectomy menopause and don't take HRT. The first 3months were rough, but now it's blessed!!!! OMG. Wish I'd known how fine it was about 10+ years ago. I would have never waited!

Blonde with a Rose 12-07-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 (Post 14150487)
:hiya: I'm stalking ya! lol

I think that 10 pounds by January 11 is a very doable goal for you. I do not think that you will have any problem reaching it. Me....well....you know how that goes.

What kind of low carb bread do you buy? Do you go to a special store to get it? I just eat Ezekiel bread which I love!

I think stalking is good, lots of information exchanging. I like that! I buy Julian Bakery LOWCARB bread #1. They have a website, Julian Bakery. They are home based in La Jolla CA which is close to me, but they ship all over the US. The bread has thirteen carbs per slice but 12 grams of fiber so NET=1 carb. I love it, it makes great toast or grilled cheese. I usually eat it open faced, 1 slice at a time. Check out the website, it'll give all the good info.

PS. Good Luck Dawn!!!

Blonde with a Rose 12-07-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 14150491)
Great for you on making it through your first DD!!!! :clap: :birthday: They will get easier from here! Today is a DD for me and no problems mam!

As for pizza crust, we have tried most of them but our favorites are:

NancyElle's Thin Crust Pizza
KevinPA - Polly Want a Cheese Cracker Crust Pizza
Cleochatra's Cauliflower or Zucchini Pizzas

We like think crust cracker type crust pizzas here. I do miss Neopolitan style pizza and I will still eat that once in a while, but we've tried several places and I make the best Neopolitan crust short of Brooklyn or Arizona. LOL. But if I'm gonna make something here, I might as well stay LC and keep walking our path!

You are doing great! Have you had your thyroid checked before? Being cold can be a symptom of that. BTW, I'm post hysterectomy menopause and don't take HRT. The first 3months were rough, but now it's blessed!!!! OMG. Wish I'd known how fine it was about 10+ years ago. I would have never waited!

Thanks for the GOOD VIBES! Nope never had my thyroid checked, I don't think that's the problem. I know cold is a symptom, but I don't have any of the other symptoms, I'm just fat. :)

I didn't have HRT either. My doc says I'm going through meno at the right age so not necessary. I don't like taking any RX's unless it's life or death. Just me, I'm weird that way. Hope you have a hunger free DD!

My best girlfriend called out of the blue to meet for lunch tomorrow. I don't get to see her nearly enough so I'm having my DD calories for lunch and that is all. Start with a big salad, maybe a piece of chicken or small burger patty? Plain iced tea....and water water water for the rest of the day!

pooticus 12-07-2010 12:14 PM

Yes, it's doable. Especially if you take a Walden Farm Zero Calorie Dressing with you and add it to the salad! :) I like the Asian just fine. The others need to be mixed with ACV.

I too hate Rx's. I have to take a blood pressure pill and an antihistamine but I've managed to wean off all other medicines!!! Wooohooo!

Blonde with a Rose 12-08-2010 06:43 AM

Week One, 2nd DD. I had a good day yesterday, made good healthy food choices and was able to have wine with dinner and coffee my way. The creamer I use has 30 calories a tsp and I use way more than that, so today I'll be having green tea instead and maybe diet coke or diet pepsi later on to get my caffeine buzz. I didn't wake up feeling desperate today like I did on my first DD. I know I can do it, so I'm not going to obsess. I will probably have my full 500 at lunch today with my friend. Big Salad and some kind of protein. I'm debating on whether or not to tell her what I'm doing...it's kind of a joke between us, all of the diets we've been on over the years...Not hungry this morning, what a relief. I'm sure I will be... but not yet.

Yesterday I was shopping at KOHLS and the little, young cashier said it was senior day and was I 60? Well dang, I'll be 55 next month and thought I looked pretty good....I gave her a sad face and said in a sad voice "No. Not yet. But I can hardly wait"....then I rolled my eyes at the lady in line behind me.:hyst:

I found out this morning that 1/3 cup of my Hood Carb Count Chocolate milk has 30 calories and tastes great in coffee. Cool.

Blonde with a Rose 12-09-2010 07:11 AM

Yesterdays' down day was almost a cake walk. I ate once, at lunch, chicken breast and big salad w/ salsa for dressing and shopped all afternoon. I was a little hungry at bedtime but not too bad. Looking forward to a glass of wine or two with my dinner tonight.

Oddly enough, I'm not hungry this morning, I feel lighter in spirit and physically lighter. Less bloated for sure. I am excited about weighing on Monday morning, I hope to see results but even if I don't I will continue with this plan. If nothing else I do feel better and much more positive. It's good to be doing something.

Princessdmw33 12-09-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose (Post 14157093)
Yesterdays' down day was almost a cake walk. I ate once, at lunch, chicken breast and big salad w/ salsa for dressing and shopped all afternoon. I was a little hungry at bedtime but not too bad. Looking forward to a glass of wine or two with my dinner tonight.

Oddly enough, I'm not hungry this morning, I feel lighter in spirit and physically lighter. Less bloated for sure. I am excited about weighing on Monday morning, I hope to see results but even if I don't I will continue with this plan. If nothing else I do feel better and much more positive. It's good to be doing something.

:clap::kicking:

Blonde with a Rose 12-11-2010 07:09 AM

Saturday, December 11th

Yesterday was my 3rd DD and I'm happy to report that it was fairly easy for me. I worked so I was busy all day, I had two boiled eggs for breakfast then came home after work and had chicken breast and LOTS of romaine w/ vinegar and salsa...delish and filling. :cool::D

I'm a happy girl. For me the key to DD's is to be busy! I've had to get out of the house, away from the fridge and the television. TV is apparently a major food trigger. Not so hard when I work, but something I have to avoid on DD's...that old TV. I'm having coffee with my favorite low carb (but not low cal) creamer and I'm in heaven. This is a huge treat on my UD. To have coffee my way.

I feel remarkably well on WOE. I still say the first down day was the worst....
Two of the things I'm hoping to improve are my arthritis and asthma. My asthma is pretty well controlled with a rescue inhaler and an inhaled steroid. I'd like to not have to use the rescue inhaler so much. As for the arthritis, it's apparent in my fingers, the first knuckles (right below the nails) are swollen and painful. It's become very difficult to open jars...luckily I have a DH and DD and DS to help with that but it's so frustrating if they're not home. What isn't apparent is the arthritis in my hips. Some days are worse than others, I'm not incapacitated by it, but I think taking the weight off is going to make a huge difference in how I feel physically. I'm carrying alot of extra pounds around on a small frame.

I work again today and tomorrow. I'm a server (part time) 3 to 4 days a week, I carry a large tray that can be extremely heavy and walk alot. I love that. It's a great job with lots of wonderful people working there and coming in to eat. I adore my job.

Blonde with a Rose 12-12-2010 07:11 AM

Just a quick note, Work day and DD for me. I worked yesterday and when I actually sat down to eat last night, I ate too much and went to bed with a tummy ache:blush:! What am I, five??? Anyway...I feel better this morning and I'm looking forward to a DD and the feeling of lightness.

The energy I'm experiencing on both days is wonderful, my mood is so much better and I feel so much more hopeful and proud of myself. Work is easier too. Tomorrow I weigh in and we'll see how I've done in lost pounds..... (or singular lb) It could happen. :D

Princessdmw33 12-12-2010 03:34 PM

I look forward to your weigh in tomorrow!!! Make sure you post right away. I am going to restart doing JUDDD again this week. Last week was just too much to do down days when I had so much going on. My up days at some point were more like down days.

Blonde with a Rose 12-13-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 (Post 14167039)
I look forward to your weigh in tomorrow!!! Make sure you post right away. I am going to restart doing JUDDD again this week. Last week was just too much to do down days when I had so much going on. My up days at some point were more like down days.

8.5 lbs

I lost an amazing 8.5 lbs on my first full week of JUDDD. I never expected to lose that much, and I know there is the water weight factor, etc. but still....what a boost in confidence for me. Wow.:kicking::clap::hyst:

Blonde with a Rose 12-13-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose (Post 14168200)
8.5 lbs

I lost an amazing 8.5 lbs on my first full week of JUDDD. I never expected to lose that much, and I know there is the water weight factor, etc. but still....what a boost in confidence for me. Wow.:kicking::clap::hyst:

So, It's been an hour and a half since my weigh-in and I'm still feeling kind of goofy and baffled by this 8.5lb loss. I'm thrilled for sure, but i don't want to get too many expectations about how much I can lose. Because the loss was so significant there's are very real possibility that I won't lose any weight this week. I need to be mentally prepared for that and not disappointed if I stay the same after the 2nd week. Just sayin'. I'm ready.

Today is an UD and I need to be careful not to overeat like last UD. I didn't feel well after and it's not necessary to do that, I got plenty of food and there will be more food to come...so chill.

Taking this thing one day at a time, never more than a day away from three squares if that's what I require. I'm still very happy with this plan. I'm so grateful to have found it here.

pooticus 12-13-2010 07:09 AM

You are doing great! Congrats on the loss this week. It will continue to happen!

Princessdmw33 12-13-2010 08:57 AM

That is just so awesome!!! I'm so proud of you.

Blonde with a Rose 12-15-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 (Post 14168874)
That is just so awesome!!! I'm so proud of you.

Thank you, I'm so proud of myself. Down days can be really hard but it's so worth the effort and feel my brain is starting to accept that every other day is minimal. No DD has been as hard as the first one.

DH has adjusted to this and is so surprised by the results. He says that he has been telling me all along that "not eating" is the key. I laughed because it's true, but one cannot just stop eating until they lose weight. This is working for me personally, I don't question it, I just keep doing it. For the first time in many many months, I feel like I can actually make it back to a weight that is healthy. I'm not looking for extraordinary losses, just a continuous downward trend.

Better sleep has been a side effect, especially on DD's. I wake up feeling lighter and more refreshed. My energy level has been way up. I don't know if this is because I'm less burdened by calories or my body is just happy with me for not overloading it all the time. I no longer think about food all day. The only time I think about food on DD's, is briefly before bed, I think about breakfast. It's too soon to notice much difference in my arthritis, but I think it could be helping, slightly. I noticed when I picked up the full coffee pot this morning, my wrist didn't hurt as much.....

Lots to do with Christmas around the corner...I'm really happy I've made some good changes before the New Year. I'm always suspicious of my own resolutions. :doh:

Blonde with a Rose 12-16-2010 08:17 AM

Yesterday was an UD and we had dinner w/friends at their house. I'll admit, I ate things I don't normally...this morning I feel hungover and I didn't have any alcohol. But sugar, oh yes I had sugar and I don't feel very frisky today...something to remember next time.

I've been thinking about resolutions this morning and about how the first of the year always brings a new diet and new resolve, new results and the same old "let down" of failing to lose enough weight or keep to it off. Last year my only resolution was to not buy any diet books...the first thing I got for my birthday last January was the Eat Clean diet from a friend. I returned it to the store and exchanged it for a watercolor instruction book and a gardening book.

I went through most of 2010 on a wheat free, low carb diet and managed to lose 5lbs, then gain it back almost immediately. To be fair, this is definitely my fault. Not being able to sustain a diet that will never allow me to have some of my fav foods, and being on a diet that I take to extremes...by eating too much of the good food I'm allowed to eat has been my downfall. Too much cheese, or too much hamburger in a week will overcome the lowcarb effect by being way too high in daily calories. While I now realize that calories in/calories out can not always help one to lose, I do now realize that good calories in and out can have a major effect on weight loss. I've stopped telling myself I can never have pasta, never have bread. These things make me want the offending items more than before. I have, however switched to low carb bread, low carb pasta (when I do have it) and this helps. Eating a ultra low calorie/carb DD, every other day has helped me to realize, I'm not starving. I don't have to have X amount of food in order to survive the day. I can actually feel good, better than before, just by bringing my calorie count way down a few days a week.

This little revelation has set me free... from food obsession. It's also helped me to understand just how manycalories I was taking in, before, on low carb alone. No wonder I couldn't lose any weight. I was sustaining my weight by the amount of calories I was taking in....a lot of calories. When I fell off the low carb wagon, the calories were compounded by too many carbs and the combination was a deal breaker. No weight loss, weight gain and the feeling of being a complete failure/loser/headcase.

Today is DD and I look forward to my boiled eggs for breakfast. My lovely salad for dinner. My good nights sleep that always follows a DD and the feeling lightness and freedom that come the morning after, the expectation of an UD where the choices are wide open. I choose healthy, I choose sugar free, I choose me. :heart:

Princessdmw33 12-16-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose (Post 14178458)
Yesterday was an UD and we had dinner w/friends at their house. I'll admit, I ate things I don't normally...this morning I feel hungover and I didn't have any alcohol. But sugar, oh yes I had sugar and I don't feel very frisky today...something to remember next time.

I've been thinking about resolutions this morning and about how the first of the year always brings a new diet and new resolve, new results and the same old "let down" of failing to lose enough weight or keep to it off. Last year my only resolution was to not buy any diet books...the first thing I got for my birthday last January was the Eat Clean diet from a friend. I returned it to the store and exchanged it for a watercolor instruction book and a gardening book.

I went through most of 2010 on a wheat free, low carb diet and managed to lose 5lbs, then gain it back almost immediately. To be fair, this is definitely my fault. Not being able to sustain a diet that will never allow me to have some of my fav foods, and being on a diet that I take to extremes...by eating too much of the good food I'm allowed to eat has been my downfall. Too much cheese, or too much hamburger in a week will overcome the lowcarb effect by being way too high in daily calories. While I now realize that calories in/calories out can not always help one to lose, I do now realize that good calories in and out can have a major effect on weight loss. I've stopped telling myself I can never have pasta, never have bread. These things make me want the offending items more than before. I have, however switched to low carb bread, low carb pasta (when I do have it) and this helps. Eating a ultra low calorie/carb DD, every other day has helped me to realize, I'm not starving. I don't have to have X amount of food in order to survive the day. I can actually feel good, better than before, just by bringing my calorie count way down a few days a week.

This little revelation has set me free... from food obsession. It's also helped me to understand just how manycalories I was taking in, before, on low carb alone. No wonder I couldn't lose any weight. I was sustaining my weight by the amount of calories I was taking in....a lot of calories. When I fell off the low carb wagon, the calories were compounded by too many carbs and the combination was a deal breaker. No weight loss, weight gain and the feeling of being a complete failure/loser/headcase.

Today is DD and I look forward to my boiled eggs for breakfast. My lovely salad for dinner. My good nights sleep that always follows a DD and the feeling lightness and freedom that come the morning after, the expectation of an UD where the choices are wide open. I choose healthy, I choose sugar free, I choose me. :heart:

LOVE IT

Blonde with a Rose 12-16-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 (Post 14178612)
LOVE IT

:love::heart:Thank you. Me too, I'm pretty happy.

Blonde with a Rose 12-17-2010 10:43 AM

Rain, fire in the wood stove, Christmas shopping mostly done, money still in the bank (maniacal lol), Christmas tree lit up like a...well you know, a Christmas tree. Good times.

Blonde with a Rose 12-19-2010 08:00 AM

231.5, 8.5 lbs. No loss this week but I feel the big whoosh last week is now a solid loss, not just water. I'm happy with the results and will continue. Today is an up day and I'm having coffee my way with a little dab of whipped cream on top, Delish.

Princessdmw33 12-19-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose (Post 14185626)
231.5, 8.5 lbs. No loss this week but I feel the big whoosh last week is now a solid loss, not just water. I'm happy with the results and will continue. Today is an up day and I'm having coffee my way with a little dab of whipped cream on top, Delish.

You are doing awesome!:clap:

Blonde with a Rose 12-20-2010 10:21 AM

Monday Dec 20th~
Finished my first two full weeks on JUDDD.
8.5lbs down....working toward my mini goal of 10lbs by my birthday. I need to set a new mini goal but I'm not sure how to do that. I don't want to under or over estimate my ability. I'm going to say 10 more lbs by March 1 2011. That should be enough time as long as I continue to follow the plan. If I reach my next mini goal before then, I'll re-evaluate.

Today is a DD and I don't have work so I need to stay as busy as I can. I slept in until 8:30 (this is after I got up at 5 am and made coffee and breakfast for the DH). Just went back to sleep, it was nice.

Breakfast: coffee with 25 cal hot chocolate
2 boiled eggs with spicy brown mustard.

Dinner will be 210 cals worth of Chicken Breast on a large portion romaine salad.

Princessdmw33 12-21-2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose (Post 14188758)
Monday Dec 20th~
Finished my first two full weeks on JUDDD.
8.5lbs down....working toward my mini goal of 10lbs by my birthday. I need to set a new mini goal but I'm not sure how to do that. I don't want to under or over estimate my ability. I'm going to say 10 more lbs by March 1 2011. That should be enough time as long as I continue to follow the plan. If I reach my next mini goal before then, I'll re-evaluate.

Today is a DD and I don't have work so I need to stay as busy as I can. I slept in until 8:30 (this is after I got up at 5 am and made coffee and breakfast for the DH). Just went back to sleep, it was nice.

Breakfast: coffee with 25 cal hot chocolate
2 boiled eggs with spicy brown mustard.

Dinner will be 210 cals worth of Chicken Breast on a large portion romaine salad.

You are doing such an awesome job! I am in awe of you. I hope that after the holidays I can try this again where there will not be so many disruptions to my schedule. I think that 10 pounds by your birthday is very doable!

Blonde with a Rose 12-21-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 (Post 14190811)
You are doing such an awesome job! I am in awe of you. I hope that after the holidays I can try this again where there will not be so many disruptions to my schedule. I think that 10 pounds by your birthday is very doable!

Thank you Dawn! I don't know about awesome, but I am pretty amazed myself at my drive to do this. It's like every other day is my challenge. One day in a row, which is all I was accomplishing before. I couldn't last more than a day, sometimes not even that. I'm completely motivated and this is doable for me.

Last night was the Christmas Party at work and also a DD for me, so I made an appearance, said hello to everyone, shook a few hands then came home and had my salad. Right now I think I would feel really bad if I fell off on a DD. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day offer up my first real challenge...the 24th is an UD and the 25th is a DD. I will probably do a medium day for the 24th. This is lower calorie but not the 20% that I've been doing, it's more like 35-50%, then make the 25th my UD. We'll see how it goes. I know that I want to have chili with my family on Christmas Day. I don't want to do two DD in row, that's not a good idea so the MD should work...then it's off to the New Year!

It's been raining like crazy for days and now more to come. Living in So Cal this is unusual, but the rain is welcome...at least it's not snow and ice.

Princessdmw33 12-21-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose (Post 14191121)
Thank you Dawn! I don't know about awesome, but I am pretty amazed myself at my drive to do this. It's like every other day is my challenge. One day in a row, which is all I was accomplishing before. I couldn't last more than a day, sometimes not even that. I'm completely motivated and this is doable for me.

Last night was the Christmas Party at work and also a DD for me, so I made an appearance, said hello to everyone, shook a few hands then came home and had my salad. Right now I think I would feel really bad if I fell off on a DD. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day offer up my first real challenge...the 24th is an UD and the 25th is a DD. I will probably do a medium day for the 24th. This is lower calorie but not the 20% that I've been doing, it's more like 35-50%, then make the 25th my UD. We'll see how it goes. I know that I want to have chili with my family on Christmas Day. I don't want to do two DD in row, that's not a good idea so the MD should work...then it's off to the New Year!

It's been raining like crazy for days and now more to come. Living in So Cal this is unusual, but the rain is welcome...at least it's not snow and ice.

I do think that it is awesome because you figured out something that works for you that doesn't stress you out, leave you feeling deprived and overall makes you feel good about yourself. The last one is the most important in my book!

You have a plan and it is working, whether or not the scale moves on Sunday or Monday you are doing something right!:high5:

I heard that So. Cal is getting a ton of rain there. Right now I would take the snow over the rain because rain is just so messy and everything looks like crap around here. The snow here looks so pretty although i would prefer to just see green and sun but that isn't happening anytime in the next few months.

Blonde with a Rose 12-21-2010 08:54 AM

Dawn~You're right on all counts! I have found the right thing for me, and it is awesome!

The rain is good but snow would be prettier...plus people here can't seem to drive in the rain, for example they don't do anything differently...slow down, keep more space between cars or anything different from any other dry day. We go so long between rain that the roads are slick with dust dirt and oil...and ka-pow! We also have places on the freeways that fill up with water and you can't see it...til you hit it. I'm lucky, I have a very short commute to work. The biggest issue I have is trying to get my dogs to go outside and do what they need to do...they don't want to get off the patio.

Gotta get ready for work, Thanks for checking in with me, I appreciate the good vibes!:heart::love: