Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Also, I am sending you a link that might help!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Jan~ I think my success for weight loss again, is sticking to lower carb up days. 50-100.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Also, I am sending you a link that might help!

It worked!! That was so cool, Christine! Yippee!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Morning!

good to see you Christine and Jan!

Blonde, good job with the smaller undies and pants! Progress!!!! I just bought a bunch of new undies at Lane Bryant, love their cute pretty panties!

Off to find the new thread! I'm baaaaaacckkkkkkk!! For reals this time!

♥danielle
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back Danielle! We'll all work on this together.

I Lane Bryant!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Morning!

good to see you Christine and Jan!

Blonde, good job with the smaller undies and pants! Progress!!!! I just bought a bunch of new undies at Lane Bryant, love their cute pretty panties!

Off to find the new thread! I'm baaaaaacckkkkkkk!! For reals this time!

♥danielle
So glad to see you, Danielle! Welcome back!! You were missed!!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, I made it to Wednesday already! My sleep was broken up quite a bit last night. How do you sleep in a bed with a man, a beagle-spaniel mix, a chihuahua and a 75lb sharpei-husky that is scared out of her wits for some reason? I know...it sounds like a dirty joke.

Work today, DD today and I'm ready to have tomorrow off. I ordered a spirooli (vegetable spiral noodle maker) on Amazon yesterday. I'm looking to make my garden veggies more interesting this summer...zukes and cuke curls for sautee's and salads, substitute for pasta, etc. They rave about it over on the JUDDD side.

Gotta get my shower! It's hard keeping up with the New You challenge, but i love that so many are joining.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Hey, I made it to Wednesday already! My sleep was broken up quite a bit last night. How do you sleep in a bed with a man, a beagle-spaniel mix, a chihuahua and a 75lb sharpei-husky that is scared out of her wits for some reason? I know...it sounds like a dirty joke.

Work today, DD today and I'm ready to have tomorrow off. I ordered a spirooli (vegetable spiral noodle maker) on Amazon yesterday. I'm looking to make my garden veggies more interesting this summer...zukes and cuke curls for sautee's and salads, substitute for pasta, etc. They rave about it over on the JUDDD side.

Gotta get my shower! It's hard keeping up with the New You challenge, but i love that so many are joining.
It sounds like you need a bigger bed! My dog tried to sleep in bed with us but I have enough issues sleeping and wasn't letting her sleep there. She is happy with her bed that we put on the floor for her and I couldn't be happier not having her on the bed.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So glad to see you, Danielle! Welcome back!! You were missed!!
Aw thanks Christine!!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Totally envisioning the animals taking over! Pretty soon it'll be you & dh sleeping on the couch while the dogs get their rest!

Lookit you and all your gadgets! curly q's and whatnots!! Love it!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thursday and no work today! Well, at least no "formal" work. I've got plenty to do around here....

Dawn, I can't imagine how upset you must be regarding the two girls in your town who died. It's incredibly tragic. I sometimes don't know what to say about things like that. I find myself at a loss for words and everything I think about saying sounds trite or lame. Don't let it consume you.

Danielle! The dogs take over the couches, already. I should just get myself one of those Gi-Normous doggy beds at Costco, and use it myself!

I had a fabulous and successful DD yesterday. Stuck to my menu and went to bed dreaming of breakfast. One of the things that is really helping me to stay focused and not too starving is sticking with lower carb UD's. Definitely helps me to stay in control. I have to talk myself out of goodies and chips every single UD, but I do it (for now). If I falter, I have a follow up DD to get me back on track. The punishment for me, is having to endure a more difficult DD after eating excessive carbs. Not fun.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glu Recipe from SoHappy

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!! Love me... Love me...Love me!!!!! (At least, I'm lovin' on me right now. LOL)

I've never liked the shirataki-magic-konjac-miracle noodles really, really well. At all. I use them just because they are belly-filling for 0 calories. And so far I've been using the glucomannan powder only as a thickener.

But I was still pretty adamant about the pure gluc noodles being so much like just grinding away on rubber bands without making much chewing headway, that you just ended up swallowing them, mostly undamaged by the chewing. LOL

But here's why you're going to love me. My new recipe turns glucomannan powder into whatever flavored filling *food-mass* you want it to be.

Remember that guy who 'fried up' gluc?

Well, mix together 1 tbsp of glucomannan powder with a scant 1 cup of fluid and immediately pour it out onto a plate to set up. It will turn into this rubbery flat glob. Maybe a little fluid left too, but that gets poured into the skillet too. This flat pancake glob is what gets fried up in your non-stick skillet with just a tiny spritz of spray oil (which you could probably skip entirely if your non-stick skillet is decent)... Chop the gluc pancake into pieces right in the skillet or wait until it's crisped on both sides to cut it up on a cutting board. You will cook this stuff to whatever 'dryness' you personally want.

But, anyway... you make the base with whatever flavor you want.

This morning I used tomato juice with my gluc powder, fried it up until it was dried out fairly well, and topped with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce and 1 tbsp of dry grated parmesan cheese. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to get to the end of the experiment, I'd have put in shreds of onion and green pepper and several mushrooms in slices too, as the veggies wouldn't have added many calories but just added to the dish. Add Italian seasonings, garlic, whatever.. just track the few extra calories.

What I'm getting at is this: I had a belly-billing pasta breakfast for the calorie price of 1/2 a cup of sauce and a bit of parm cheese on top.

I'm going to mix taco seasoning into the water for my next batch and use the stuff, chopped up, to make taco salad.

I'm going to mix some pineapple juice, soy sauce, minced fresh ginger root, minced garlic, into my evening batch to make an Asian flavored gluc meal, with a few pineapple chunks, onion, green pepper, added in, topped with a pineapple juice/soy combo sauce thickened slightly with gluc, with some spicy hot chili oil paste mixed in. Could be my new favorite.

And here's another great thing about this stuff for me: This stuff doesn't have that *rubber-band-I-can't-even-chew-it* texture. It's more the texture of al dente pasta or gummy bears. In other words, chewable. No more rubber bands. I simply won't be buying anymore noodles! Ever! But I'll be putting in another order from Konjac for the powder immediately!

Now I'll just be thinking up more various flavors to make this stuff into. This is going to help my Down Days immensely!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!! Love me... Love me...Love me!!!!! (At least, I'm lovin' on me right now. LOL)

I've never liked the shirataki-magic-konjac-miracle noodles really, really well. At all. I use them just because they are belly-filling for 0 calories. And so far I've been using the glucomannan powder only as a thickener.

But I was still pretty adamant about the pure gluc noodles being so much like just grinding away on rubber bands without making much chewing headway, that you just ended up swallowing them, mostly undamaged by the chewing. LOL

But here's why you're going to love me. My new recipe turns glucomannan powder into whatever flavored filling *food-mass* you want it to be.

Remember that guy who 'fried up' gluc?

Well, mix together 1 tbsp of glucomannan powder with a scant 1 cup of fluid and immediately pour it out onto a plate to set up. It will turn into this rubbery flat glob. Maybe a little fluid left too, but that gets poured into the skillet too. This flat pancake glob is what gets fried up in your non-stick skillet with just a tiny spritz of spray oil (which you could probably skip entirely if your non-stick skillet is decent)... Chop the gluc pancake into pieces right in the skillet or wait until it's crisped on both sides to cut it up on a cutting board. You will cook this stuff to whatever 'dryness' you personally want.

But, anyway... you make the base with whatever flavor you want.

This morning I used tomato juice with my gluc powder, fried it up until it was dried out fairly well, and topped with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce and 1 tbsp of dry grated parmesan cheese. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to get to the end of the experiment, I'd have put in shreds of onion and green pepper and several mushrooms in slices too, as the veggies wouldn't have added many calories but just added to the dish. Add Italian seasonings, garlic, whatever.. just track the few extra calories.

What I'm getting at is this: I had a belly-billing pasta breakfast for the calorie price of 1/2 a cup of sauce and a bit of parm cheese on top.

I'm going to mix taco seasoning into the water for my next batch and use the stuff, chopped up, to make taco salad.

I'm going to mix some pineapple juice, soy sauce, minced fresh ginger root, minced garlic, into my evening batch to make an Asian flavored gluc meal, with a few pineapple chunks, onion, green pepper, added in, topped with a pineapple juice/soy combo sauce thickened slightly with gluc, with some spicy hot chili oil paste mixed in. Could be my new favorite.

And here's another great thing about this stuff for me: This stuff doesn't have that *rubber-band-I-can't-even-chew-it* texture. It's more the texture of al dente pasta or gummy bears. In other words, chewable. No more rubber bands. I simply won't be buying anymore noodles! Ever! But I'll be putting in another order from Konjac for the powder immediately!

Now I'll just be thinking up more various flavors to make this stuff into. This is going to help my Down Days immensely!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
HMmmmm interesting. lol. I need to go back and read about what you are talking about.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

Of course we love you!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, that sounds positively YUMMO!!! When ya get a chance can you PM me where you're getting this stuff from. This might be helpful to incorporate for me when the fam is eating stuff I can't eat. Very exciting!!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Of course we love you!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, that sounds positively YUMMO!!! When ya get a chance can you PM me where you're getting this stuff from. This might be helpful to incorporate for me when the fam is eating stuff I can't eat. Very exciting!!
Actually. that's SoHappy's post, I stole it. I was pretty excited myself apparently, sorry for the double post!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-12-2011 at 09:51 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh. Well. I still luvs ya!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday morning, I went over my carb limit yesterday and I now have a food hangover and a stuffed up nose! Sticking to ultra low carb today and it's a DD so I'm expecting it to be a challenge, but I will persevere. I'll use my miracle noodles and glu pudding to get through the "hungries" then have my delicious, amazing, delightfully filling, savory, scrumptious chicken salad at dinner. I can do this. I've been feeling the need to weigh in and it's hard not to but I'm doing so well, I don't want to be thrown by the scale again.

I'll be drinking a lot of tea today......
Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trying to eat low cal and low carb and still feel full~

Pudding ALERT!!!

1 pkg Swiss Miss diet cocoa (25 cals)
1/4 cup unsweetened Almond milk (9)
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp butter flavoring
1/4 tsp vanilla flavoring
1 tsp splenda
1 tsp glu powder

Put all ingredients in a blender then add glu powder, blend until well combined, pour it into a non-stick pan and heat and whisk until hot and thick. Eat it while its still warm, Very yum and comforting!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your pudding sounds good! Enjoy!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday. Work today, UD today (thank goodness)!

Yesterday was a white knuckle DD. I ate my salad two hours before regular dinner time and at actual dinnertime made myself a 10 calorie "pudding" using single serving lemonade drink mix, water and glu powder. I don't think I would eat that if I wasn't starving, but it did fill a void and I went to bed not being too hungry. There was half a pizza hanging around all day Sunday...I didn't touch it but I wanted to! I fed two pieces to DH for dinner and the remaining three got eaten by the dogs this morning!

I have a leftover cheeseburger patty from Saturday lunch and I'm having that for breakfast this morning (eventually). I'll have grilled chicken salad after work but I need to plan dinner for DH and myself. I'll take some walnuts to work with me. Nice thing about UD's is getting to have some nuts or a little cheese. Those are way to high in calories for DD's.

I haven't mentioned it in awhile so I want to reaffirm this WOE for me! Yes it can be difficult, but not impossible. Name a "diet" that isn't. I know I'm losing weight, my old clothes are ill fitting, but the new work pants and jeans are great...however even they are loosening up.

Just add one more complaint...Daylight savings time. Love the later day, hate the dark morning. Okay that's enough.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't you love feeling the difference in your clothing??? Good for you! And yes.....it's hard, but you're right: We all have our moments! It's much easier to eat a whole cheesecake than to ignore half a pizza! Good for you for staying the course.

Daylight savings.....ouch. It didn't really hit me until this morning: Pitch black and the alarm is going off?? C'mon!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine, pizza is my nemesis! It's so weird, it's like I could hear it calling my name..then after I gave it to the dogs I was all better. I did make a really good low carb pizza last week with a low carb tortilla and turkey pepperoni. It completely satisfied my "taste" for pizza. DH bought the pizza to take to friends on Saturday and smart people that they are, they made us bring home the leftovers. Yikes.

I'm gearing up for my DD today by making the glu "pancake" recipe. I used chicken broth. The jury is still out since the "look" of it kinda turned me off. It's sitting in the pan and I keep walking by and poking it with my finger. It may look pretty darn good later when I'm starving but for now .

Just in case I can't eat the pancake "noodles", I made my self a yummy pudding for later. I used water, Swiss Miss 25 cal cocoa mix, butter and cherry flavorings and tsp of glu. I think it will be delicious!

I had my coffee black with splenda today, I just hate using up good calories on something besides food! My plan for today is: (30) calories worth of egg beaters, (25) choc pudding, (50) Noodles w/ pizza sauce and broccoli slaw (if I eat it) and then a Chicken breast salad for dinner (under 300). This will put me in under 425 for the day. I want to go lower on DD's but I can't seem to do it. Some of the other JUDDD'ers are under 300 for whole day. We'll see.

I don't have work today, I have a lot of cleaning to do but I want to take a walk outside as well. I need to make that happen!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

Funny thing about pizza..

When I am not anywhere near anything resembling a plan, I could care less about pizza. When I am lc'ing...I want it! The irony is so my life these day! LOL

I had to giggle picturing you walking by and poking your food! did you end up eating it????? When you talk about "noodles" and glu, and rubbery...I think of that move Flubber!

Good golly woman, 300 calories! I dunno that I could do that. But then again, I am a total wimp when it comes to hunger feelings. LOL
I am still really intrigued by JUDDD. I did do a bunch of 500 calorie days on Hcg so I could probably handle doing JUDDD better now, but I figure I will wait and see if I need to change things up in the future and then give it another try. right now I am losing and feeling really good.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Funny thing about pizza..

When I am not anywhere near anything resembling a plan, I could care less about pizza. When I am lc'ing...I want it! The irony is so my life these day! LOL

I know!! Isn't that awful??? I only want potato chips when I'm lc'ing!

I had to giggle picturing you walking by and poking your food! did you end up eating it????? When you talk about "noodles" and glu, and rubbery...I think of that move Flubber!
OMG, Daneille! It is sooo totally flubber! And no, I haven;t eaten it yet. I had a couple of big ol' tablespoons of pudding, though....

Good golly woman, 300 calories! I dunno that I could do that. But then again, I am a total wimp when it comes to hunger feelings. LOL
I am still really intrigued by JUDDD. I did do a bunch of 500 calorie days on Hcg so I could probably handle doing JUDDD better now, but I figure I will wait and see if I need to change things up in the future and then give it another try. right now I am losing and feeling really good.

I think if you're losing and feeling good, you've found the right thing for you! I'm not going to say my WOE is a breeze, it's not...but for some reason it works for me, mentally, physically and emotionally. I think that's the most important thing about whatever plan you're on. It has to meet all the criteria for you or it won't last. I'm glad you've found something that's working for you.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glucomannan Cheese Bread

I just hijacked another recipe that I must try! This was posted by Marcea....

GF Glucomannan Cheese Bread
Ingredients:
4 tsp Glucomannan
1 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 c Finely grated Cheese - your choice.
3 lg Eggs
1 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp Water

Instructions:
Beat eggs until fluffy. I use an electric mixer and just keep it running as I add ingredients.
Add oil, water, baking powder and garlic salt.
Slowly sprinkle the Glucomannan powder into the liquid while still beating. I use a seasoning shaker so I am sure that the Glucomannan gets added slowly. (If you're not careful with this step you'll get big blobs in the liquid.)
When the beater leaves "waves" in the dough, it's probably just about right. It'll be kind of the consistency of pudding..
I add the cheese last and then Cook according to Type of bread you want. (Note: I either use a non-stick spray or a non-stick pan)

For rolls - Spray non-stick spray on your hands and shape into about 12 balls. (Or drop like drop biscuits.) Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes. (Rolls actually turn out flatter and can make a good sandwich base if they are 3" diameter)

For pizza crust - add a shake of garlic and a tsp. of Italian herbs to dough. (I double the recipe if I want a 16 inch Pizza.) Otherwise, you have a medium Pizza. Put dough on pizza or cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. I have usually just sprayed my hands with non-stic Spray and spread out the dough, but you could spray a piece of plastic wrap and place it on top of dough. Roll with a rolling pin to about 1/3 inch thick. (If you do mini pizzas you can just use your hands to pat down to the right shape and thickness.) Bake at 375F for 15 minutes, (shorter or Longer depending on size. )Top with pizza toppings and bake until cheese is bubbly.

Fry Bread: Pour batter into a 12 inch frying pan that you have melted about a Tablespoon of oil in. I use Coconut oil and a med low heat. Spread dough to the sides of the pan and put a lid on it. When dough is brown on the bottom, turn it over to finish cooking.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I did not eat the flubber. I took one bite of it after letting it steep with marinara and my gag reflex would not allow me to eat this. I think in part because of the word "flubber". So...puddings and gravies yes, flubber...no freakin' way. One good thing, the texture of the flubber (eew) made the miracle noodles palatable. It was a hard decision though: Flubber? or Rubber bands.....

Yesterday was a very difficult down day, but I made it through. I rotate every other day but weekends are difficult for sure. I think I may make one of my weekend days a medium day which is about 900-1000 calories. We'll see. I'm thinking also that I should have eggbeaters in increments instead of just in the morning. Like 1/4 cup (30 cals) three times in the day instead of 1/2 once in the morning. It would add 30 cals but I may be able to eliminate the fake franken-food.

My allergies SUCK! I've been taking a Claritin everyday this week and still have to take Sudafed at night because I'm so stuffed up in my head. I wake up with puffy eyes and blow my nose for an hour. Sorry. TMI.

Work today, then I'm off for the weekend.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw I'm sorry you couldn't eat your food. I hope I didn't offend when I mentioned flubber.

Glad you got thru your DD ok I think it's a fabulous idea that you have a medium day on the weekend. Perhaps maybe you need more calories? You've done so well with this plan Blonde, I know you'll know the right choice. But I still say go for the MD

Allergies are aboundin here like crazy. My one DD who is also ADHD gets hit hard with em just like her dad. She hates takes allergy meds on top of her Ritalin, I feel sorry for her. My DH usually takes the Claritin-D but is getting the Allegra-D this week. Years ago he used to get that as an RX and he loved it. Hoping the OTC works as well No TMI for me, I'm so used to snot and coughs with all these allergy-ridden people around me
Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No sweetie, you didn't offend me! The fact is it was flubber! Live and learn, huh?

Yes, I'm doing well on this woe, the weekends are hard sometimes because we go do things, like the zoo or the wild animal park and doing that on less than 500 calories makes me cranky! Bless my husband, he's so supportive!