Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Dawn, you're such a sweetie. thank you.

Blonde, how's it going staying off the scale? I dunno if I could do it!
Well, for me it's better to stay off, as long as I am working the plan. This morning I was down 2.5lbs for a total of 20lbs gone since 12/5/10. I only weighed today because it's the end of the month and the morning after a down day. I don't intend to weigh again until the end of March. This isn't an easy plan to follow. Some days it's really challenging to keep under 500 calories. When I weigh and see no loss at all, or even a .5 gain it throws me into a tailspin, makes me doubt myself. I do feel better eating this way so I want to continue and it just makes more sense to only weigh once a month. I'm going to be doing this potentially for the rest of my life, so I guess there's no great hurry. I'm 55 years old and its' taken me this long to find something that works for me and also makes me feel healthy, and never deprived (for very long, lol). I wish I had found this years ago. I must also add that my husband is so incredibly supportive! He cheers me on, never grumbles when I'm on a DD and often has a big salad with me (along with his usual snacks and treats).

For you Danielle, I hope things settle down a little bit for you very soon. My kids are grown, I only have to feed me and DH. That makes this much easier for me than it would have when I was feeding five people three times a day!!! Thanks for checking in, come back anytime!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
I know you are, but what am I??? Infinity!

Thanks Dawn! You are so encouraging! I'm really pleased and I think for me, this is the best plan ever. I wish everyone could do it.

I think I'm sick. My head is totally stuffed up and I feel zone-y. DH and I went to the zoo yesterday, we're members, and it was so gorgeous outside after the rain but I was freezing the whole time we were there. I woke up with a sore throat and sinus pain in the middle of the night. I'm taking sudafed-pe and advil and gargling with warm salt water. I so wish I didn't have to work. Luckily it's Monday and usually slow so maybe only a couple of hours...
Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I know you are, but what am I??? Infinity!

Thanks Dawn! You are so encouraging! I'm really pleased and I think for me, this is the best plan ever. I wish everyone could do it.

I think I'm sick. My head is totally stuffed up and I feel zone-y. DH and I went to the zoo yesterday, we're members, and it was so gorgeous outside after the rain but I was freezing the whole time we were there. I woke up with a sore throat and sinus pain in the middle of the night. I'm taking sudafed-pe and advil and gargling with warm salt water. I so wish I didn't have to work. Luckily it's Monday and usually slow so maybe only a couple of hours...
Feel better Blonde
MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Feel better Blonde
Thanks Maggie. I'm definitely sick. Yuck.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Oh no!!! No sickies!!!!! Feel better Blonde!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hope you're feeling better today, Blonde!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

I, too, hope you are feeling better.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the good wishes. I am better but not 100%. My nose is raw, my head is still stuffy but I'm not blowing my nose every five seconds. I can only hope it doesn't go into my chest!

I stayed down pretty much all day yesterday with a blanket and my dogs. My konjac powder came in the mail and since I was so lazy I experimented by whirling a teaspoon of it in a cup of sf punch that I had made the day before. I let it sit 30 minutes and then stirred it up and ate it. Weirdly good, kinda like a fruit pudding. I must say that it did help me stay satisfied (DD) until I made my salad for dinner, I didn't have that "I'm starving to death and the chicken isn't cooking fast enough" feeling. My daughter, whom I work with is taking my lunch shift today (bless her heart) so I will try making a "pudding" with almond milk, sf vanilla syrup and whey protein powder. I want to see if I can get a better flavor. It is extremely filling for sure. I'm excited at the prospect of not white knuckling my DD's all the time. I did also get some Miracle Noodles and the jury is still out on those. Not sure that I love them, at all.

I feel like my body is releasing some fat after a month of non movement. It was all I could do to stay off the scale this morning, but I need to stick to my less frequent weigh ins. It's better for me mentally. I have some errands to run today RX, low carb bread pick up, and a few items from the grocer. Sounds daunting already.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-02-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you're feeling better! So wonderful that DD could take your shift to give you a little more down time. Take it easy with the errands and relax for sure.

Tell me more about this konjac power stuff. Very intrigued!!!

Have a great day Blonde!

♥danielle
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Glad you're feeling better! So wonderful that DD could take your shift to give you a little more down time. Take it easy with the errands and relax for sure.

Tell me more about this konjac power stuff. Very intrigued!!!

Have a great day Blonde!

♥danielle
Danielle some of the ladies on JUDDD use Konjac powder. It's a soluble fiber with zero cals, 9 carbs per tsp and 9 grams of fiber. I mail ordered mine. There is a thread Glucomanan recipes~ It can be used for so many things as a thickener (like guar or xanthan gum) has no taste and will gel one cup of water (juice, almond milk, etc) with just one scant tsp. making a kind of pudding that is very filling and helps alot with the down days. The possibilities are endless~ gravy, sauces, pudding, fillings etc. Check it out, it may be something you'd like to try.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made a pudding today with 1 tsp of glu powder, 1 cup of almond milk, Torani sf vanilla syrup & diet swiss miss cocoa. Not bad at all. I think it could use some cocoa powder and maybe a little more splenda but I blended it on high and let it sit for a couple of hours. It's very mousse-like. Yum.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still experimenting with the Konjac Power. Today I made a coffee pudding with almond milk. The coffee taste was very powerful. I used two cups of liquid instead of one and it still work perfectly as a pudding. Someone on another thread used glu powder to make cream gravy. I'm gonna try that tomorrow on my UD. Much easier to play around with recipes and things when I'm not calorie restricted.

I'm feeling much better today, still stuffy but not coughing yet...maybe I won't. I've added a daily multi-vitamin to my regimen. A 15 calorie chewable. LOL It's the only way I'll do it. It's a DD and I've had about 50 calories in coffee creamer (naughty) and 25 calories of "pudding". If I can hold off a while, I'll have eggbeaters (60 cals) for lunch and then salad (300 cals) for dinner. This should complete my DD with around 455 cals (give or take). Fill in the blanks with tea, water and maybe a Coke Zero. A note: I didn't have any wine yesterday or Monday even tho I usually do on my UD. I guess being sick, I just didn't want any.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-03-2011 at 11:03 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear you're sorta feeling better. I'll pray for no cough!

Thanks for the heads up on the konjac powder, I'd never heard of it but definitely has its usefullness doesn't it! I'll keep looking forward to your experiements!!

♥danielle
Old 03-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Danielle, thank you...No cough.

I had a good UD yesterday, I stayed low carb...AND the good news is I can stay low carb, have LC bread or LC tortillas and still lose weight. Last night we had tacos, I used Carb Plus tortillas and this morning I feel great. Not bloated or anything.

I will continue to use my glu powder today. I want to make a thickened soup with chicken broth and glu, add some sauteed broccoli slaw and diced chicken, whisk in a little southwestern eggbeaters. I also have a cup of miracle noodles that I prepared yesterday and let sit overnight in marinara...hoping I might like it. It's kinda like chewing rubber bands...seriously. I'm thinking I need to pair it in a dish with crunchy bean sprouts or bamboo shoots so the texture will fade a little.

I poured out a cup of almond milk (35 cals) to have with my coffee this morning. It will go farther than my usual sf powder and has a lot less calories! Dang, I wish I could just get off the coffee, but I "likes it" too much. I really like it with sf vanilla caramel creamer but that stuff is way too high cal for my down days.

On the weight loss front, last month I put on and zipped some jeans that I bought a couple of years ago and had never been able to wear, they wouldn't zip up. I wore them to the wild animal park, they were really tight and I had a bit of a "muffin top", (I hate that) and was really uncomfortable sitting in them. The other day, I put them on, zipped them up, and spent the whole day in them, sitting, standing, etc. A perfect fit! ...and this was after they had been washed and dried in the dryer! Also...I had to go buy new undies cuz my old ones were lookin' like "bloomers". I went down one size. Maybe someday soon I can get some really pretty ones. I went through my dresser and closet last week and cleaned out many things that are now too big. I've gone from a loose size 22 to a snug (but doable) 18. My bras are also not fitting well...but I'm still a Double D.

I'm very grateful that this is working for me, that my DH is so incredibly supportive of this. It makes such a difference to have family on your side.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So happy for you, Blonde! That is such wonderful progress. You must be just thrilled!!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
So happy for you, Blonde! That is such wonderful progress. You must be just thrilled!!
Totally Christine, but still cautiously optimistic, if you know what I mean? I'm afraid to relax too much or take anything for granted.

This morning we had french toast! Mine was made with low carb bread and Mrs Butterworths sugar free syrup. DH's was on wheat bread with real maple syrup. It was delish! And~My marinara miracle noodles were pretty good. I threw in some slightly microwaved broccoli slaw and I liked it! Of course I was pretty hungry when I ate it yesterday. I do think the broccoli slaw helped to hide the over-chewiness of the noodles. I'm going to make some more today, to eat tomorrow on my down day. I also made a loose pudding with Great Value Strawberry orange banana sf drink powder, water, vanilla syrup and glu. It was actually pretty tasty, kinda like a fruit parfait. I mixed the leftover drink (no glu) and low carb ice cream and gave it to DH. He loved it. Weird. I do think the low carb approach to my UD's is definitely helping to kick me back in weight loss mode. I haven't had pizza in three weeks. That's awesome for me. I did make a LC pizza awhile back with LC tortilla. Turkey pepperoni is yummy.

So~ today is my UD, breakfast was good and I'm not sure what to do with myself. The weather is A+ gorgeous. I suppose I should wash some work shirts. Back to the grind tomorrow...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
on such a gorgeous day, laundry would be WAY down on my list, ms. garden queen! enjoy!
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
on such a gorgeous day, laundry would be WAY down on my list, ms. garden queen! enjoy!
You're absolutely right! I just came back from two dog walks. One with my biggest, oldest dog...just around the block, and the second with my two smallest dogs. The other big dog gets to stay home because she's insane. She's afraid of kids, bikes, strollers, skateboards (anything with wheels, I guess). She's so strong, I can't control her when she gets panicky.

Now, I'll wash a load of whites.

P.S. I'm avoiding yard work because it's time to trim the mulberry trees and I don't wanna......
Old 03-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gearing up for back to work this morning! Had my Southwestern eggbeaters w/salsa (oh yeah, salsa on almost everything), two cups of calorie modified coffee (not my fav), fed the dogs and watching the rain come down. People love to go out to eat on a rainy day. Should have a nice lunch bunch.

I slept so hard last night, when the alarm went off, it was like swimming up from a deep deep pool. A very warm, comfortable pool. It was hard to get out of bed.....

I feel skinny today. I will not weigh in.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Just stopping in to say to you and tell you that I miss ya!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just stopping in to say to you and tell you that I miss ya!
I miss you too Dawn! Seems like our little thread fell by the wayside. I'm thinking we need a summer challenge. Nothing intense that will scare people (me) off! What do you think? I don't know how to link to a new thread but I was thinking "New You! Summer Won't be a Bummer Challenge".

Can we do it?????
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

I hope that old faces resurface at the new thread. If not we will get some new faces that we can bond with too!

It really is sad that everyone seems to have but we are still here and hanging in there. I hope that everyone can find their way back to us soon and are all doing well.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hope that old faces resurface at the new thread. If not we will get some new faces that we can bond with too!

It really is sad that everyone seems to have but we are still here and hanging in there. I hope that everyone can find their way back to us soon and are all doing well.
You are so right! I just posted at the new thread. OMGoodness! So many new faces, that's awesome but I need some co-chairs for this thing! I'm hoping you and Christine and Jan and Maggie will help keep it rolling along. I've sort of started a "success" theme, it seems a good way to go on a challenge thread...I'm not savvy about multi-quoting, I don't want to leave anyone out. Thanking you in advance.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
You are so right! I just posted at the new thread. OMGoodness! So many new faces, that's awesome but I need some co-chairs for this thing! I'm hoping you and Christine and Jan and Maggie will help keep it rolling along. I've sort of started a "success" theme, it seems a good way to go on a challenge thread...I'm not savvy about multi-quoting, I don't want to leave anyone out. Thanking you in advance.
Thanks so much for starting that thread, Blonde! I love your inclusiveness and insights! I am happy to help you keep thing rolling.

As for the multi-quote, do you know which button to use? It's that little quotation mark icon on the bottom right side of each post. You can click a bunch of them and then hit "reply."
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JK130
Stats: 280/152/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7.1.09
for a self-proclaimed "not savy" person, you are doing great. i keep looking at juddd style and thinking of you, and how you are losing weight and staying motivated too have you rewarded yourself lately?
JK130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Thanks so much for starting that thread, Blonde! I love your inclusiveness and insights! I am happy to help you keep thing rolling.

As for the multi-quote, do you know which button to use? It's that little quotation mark icon on the bottom right side of each post. You can click a bunch of them and then hit "reply."
BIG HUG and KISS!!! I'll give it a try! Do I keep clicking on all of them and then hit quote at the end? Thanks for your help with the new thread. I hijacked your journal a minute ago......
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaay View Post
for a self-proclaimed "not savy" person, you are doing great. i keep looking at juddd style and thinking of you, and how you are losing weight and staying motivated too have you rewarded yourself lately?
Jan, thank you. I think Christine may have solved my problem but I won't know until I try it.

As for JUDDD...LOVE it! At the end of every dinner salad DD, I tell myself "Another successful down day bites the dust"! I know I've lost some more weight, but I'm determined to stick to my monthly weigh-in at the end of March. I have rewarded myself alittle. Yesterday I bought myself a pair of jeans that are size down from the ones that get too baggy after wearing them for an hour. I bought a new pair of work pants size down and undies.:blush: I ALSO tried on swimsuits and you what? I didn't like it when I was skinny and I don't like now. So no swimsuit. Not yet. Tanks and board shorts....more than likely.

I hope you'll lend your wit and wisdom to the new thread?

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-08-2011 at 07:10 AM..
Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Keep clicking them, and then click "post reply" on the left side of your screen......try it over here to see!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan~ I think my success for weight loss again, is sticking to lower carb up days. 50-100.